Author Topic: Other Forums |OT| ♀ C O R E V A L U E S ♀ Sponsored By THQNordic  (Read 5880887 times)

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
Re: Other Forums Trash Thread for Other Forums' Trash |OT| You ain't slick
« Reply #40380 on: October 22, 2018, 05:28:38 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/it-would-be-comical-if-humanity-has-triggered-the-start-of-a-new-extinction-event.76372/

"But hey, killing off our entire species in only about 6000 years is a pretty big achievement."

Lol what?
Oi Oi

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
« Reply #40381 on: October 22, 2018, 05:32:52 PM »

Ma-Ti has the power of heart.
Oi Oi

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #40382 on: October 22, 2018, 05:38:10 PM »
HEY MAN THIS MOVIE SET IN THE 1950S IS SEXIST AND RACIST WTF

Can't believe they cast Kevin Spacey in that movie. Yikes.
©@©™

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #40383 on: October 22, 2018, 05:39:06 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/it-would-be-comical-if-humanity-has-triggered-the-start-of-a-new-extinction-event.76372/

"But hey, killing off our entire species in only about 6000 years is a pretty big achievement."

Lol what?

Quote from: Cyanity
This might sound a bit grim, but I'm all for it if the end result is a planet with no more humans. The past two years have utterly convinced me that humanity isn't worth saving. I think we are a fundamentally broken species that has dug its own grave and now deserves to live in it.

I would be very happy if someone could change my mind on this.

Get so woke you start spewing the rhetoric of an actual unironic supervillain
Uncle

Skullfuckers Anonymous

• Will hunt bullies for fruit baskets. PM for details.
« Reply #40384 on: October 22, 2018, 05:45:35 PM »

Lol what?

Quote from: Cyanity
This might sound a bit grim, but I'm all for it if the end result is a planet with no more humans. The past two years have utterly convinced me that humanity isn't worth saving. I think we are a fundamentally broken species that has dug its own grave and now deserves to live in it.

I would be very happy if someone could change my mind on this.

Get so woke you start spewing the rhetoric of an actual unironic supervillain

The furries will not replace us!

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #40385 on: October 22, 2018, 05:50:57 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/la-confidential-holy-shit-racism-sexism-spoilers.76360/

Thinks bad things happening to people in a film is approval for those things.
I'm not saying I endorse a genocide but if we started killing people who get offended by movies made years before they could talk I would not be against the idea  :idont
🤴

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #40386 on: October 22, 2018, 06:36:00 PM »
That's like your aunt saying "I liked the movie except for that bad guy."

"You mean the villain?"

"Yeah, why did he have to ruin everything?"
sigh

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #40387 on: October 22, 2018, 06:37:39 PM »
Robocop is pro-shotgun propaganda

Propagandhim

« Reply #40388 on: October 22, 2018, 06:39:51 PM »
I have tried giving this movie the benefit of the doubt as I was watching it, but some things just seem like complete oversight instead of satire.

Actual footage of directors giving the villain the benefit of the doubt.

Occam

« Reply #40389 on: October 22, 2018, 06:42:30 PM »
HEY MAN THIS MOVIE SET IN THE 1950S IS SEXIST AND RACIST WTF
"It’s not about the racism of the characters, it’s about how it’s handled by the filmmakers."

OP wants an extra to look into the camera and tell the audience that the detectives are shitty people.

No, such movies should simply not even exist. Same for books.

Wait, that sounds familiar.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
:rethread
[close]
Bet you they would love to participate in a Cultural Revolution, or blow up world heritage sites.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2018, 06:49:28 PM by Occam »

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #40390 on: October 22, 2018, 06:48:22 PM »
Robocop is pro-shotgun propaganda

There wasn't even a reaction shot when the bad guy said "bitches, leave" letting us know that this isn't the proper way to refer to people of the female gender

tummyfat

« Reply #40391 on: October 22, 2018, 07:27:59 PM »
This scene from the Green Mile where the warden's wife calls John Coffee an N WORD and a PIG FUCKER would make Resetters heads explode

« Reply #40392 on: October 22, 2018, 07:42:54 PM »
CDPR about to join "The Old Place™" on the Voldemort List of RE forbidden words.

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #40393 on: October 22, 2018, 07:44:14 PM »
Oh no

https://www.resetera.com/threads/cdpr-tweets-trash-tweet-about-trans-people-again-this-time-from-gog-read-op.76395/

They're now applying the "long history of..." to CDPR, ignoring how benign those two incidents were.

CDPR about to join "The Old Place™" on the Voldemort List of RE forbidden words.
i encourage mods to ban all cdpr and cyberpunk discussion.

this forum shouldn't be a place where actively transphobic people and their products get promoted.
https://www.resetera.com/posts/14078718

:neogaf

EightBitNate

• I don’t wanna be horny anymore, I wanna be happy
« Reply #40394 on: October 22, 2018, 07:51:25 PM »
How many mental hoops do you have to jump through to invalidate the work of hundreds of people because 1 person made a tame joke on social media and then promptly deleted it?

I said it months ago, but they’re actively looking for reasons to call CDPR problematic for some reason. Worse part is that these types of people don’t even help sales, but CDPR is going to apologize for this regardless.

Averon

« Reply #40395 on: October 22, 2018, 07:57:29 PM »
If they are serious about their anger at CDPR, they'd ban GOG and Cyber Punk 2077 from being discussed there. We all know they aren't going to do that.

Boredfrom

« Reply #40396 on: October 22, 2018, 08:27:09 PM »
They should really fire the twitter handler for both gog and cd projekt accounts, though. Worst moment to make a joke like that.

FStop7

« Reply #40397 on: October 22, 2018, 08:34:59 PM »
"We don't want to ban things"

a month later

"BAN IT"

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #40398 on: October 22, 2018, 09:08:07 PM »
Haha they are now sleuthing out the pr persons past in that CDPR thread and lamenting that kingdom come discussion wasn’t banned. This is glorious. ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
« Reply #40399 on: October 22, 2018, 09:17:57 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/cdpr-tweets-trash-tweet-about-trans-people-again-this-time-from-gog-read-op.76395/page-8

"Please please tell me that the mods and admins of ResetEra are under serious discussion of actually banning OT threads and discussions of games from CDPR. Pls. I think the site owes it to our sizeable trans community here."
Oi Oi

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #40400 on: October 22, 2018, 09:18:11 PM »
Now they want to push outlets to stop covering CDPR.

There are companies with sexual harassment issues but three tweets are crossing the line.  :lol

« Reply #40401 on: October 22, 2018, 09:19:58 PM »
All films and games should offer the exact level of taxing emotional depth and tough subject manner as Bambi and the Lion King with parents who turn them off before anyone dies

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #40402 on: October 22, 2018, 09:24:14 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/cdpr-tweets-trash-tweet-about-trans-people-again-this-time-from-gog-read-op.76395/page-8

"Please please tell me that the mods and admins of ResetEra are under serious discussion of actually banning OT threads and discussions of games from CDPR. Pls. I think the site owes it to our sizeable trans community here."

Is this offensive?

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
« Reply #40403 on: October 22, 2018, 09:28:15 PM »

Is this offensive?

Oi Oi

EightBitNate

« Reply #40404 on: October 22, 2018, 09:39:28 PM »
If i had a troll account, I’d be in that thread arguing for a CDPR ban just to see if they’re crazy enough to do it.

ResetBanBot

« Reply #40405 on: October 22, 2018, 09:42:13 PM »
Hecht liked this tweet about doxing the CDPR PR guy https://archive.fo/ESMKu

clothedmacuser

« Reply #40406 on: October 22, 2018, 09:48:13 PM »
Banning discussion of CP2077 on this site would definitely make headlines and is something worth considering for that reason alone imho.

https://www.resetera.com/posts/14081763
sigh

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #40407 on: October 22, 2018, 09:51:23 PM »
Every moment their entertainment options become more limited is  :delicious

Don't buy from gog because they are secret nazi transphobes

Don't buy from steam because all they care about is money and allow games with hateful content and questionable themes onto their platform

Don't watch movies or TV shows with any given actor in them for various problematic reasons

Don't listen to music by artists you used to love because they said something stupid once

Don't watch any comedians because so many of them are feeling backed into a rhetorical corner by your humorlessness and are thus irredeemable (or masturbate on random women, that too)

Don't watch youtubers either, even people like Arin Hanson who cut ties with racist Jontron, because he too is the racists

This is their own safety net, the only thing keeping them sane in Trump's world, and they're desperate to find any excuse to destroy it as quickly as possible
« Last Edit: October 22, 2018, 09:55:30 PM by Uncle »
Uncle

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #40408 on: October 22, 2018, 09:53:04 PM »
ResetBanBot is alive!

The ban site seemed like it was going through some tough times recently?  It's been slow or down or didn't appear to be recording all bans at times, unless reset has just started getting sneaky to try to keep things from being logged
Uncle

EightBitNate

« Reply #40409 on: October 22, 2018, 09:55:02 PM »
Hecht liked this tweet about doxing the CDPR PR guy https://archive.fo/ESMKu
(Image removed from quote.)

It’s only doxing when someone you don’t like is doing it. It’s “naming and shaming” if a good guy is doing it.

Averon

« Reply #40410 on: October 22, 2018, 09:58:31 PM »
I see RestERA's over inflated sense of self-importance hasn't died down none.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2018, 10:05:40 PM by Averon »

ResetBanBot

« Reply #40411 on: October 22, 2018, 10:06:49 PM »
ResetBanBot is alive!

The ban site seemed like it was going through some tough times recently?  It's been slow or down or didn't appear to be recording all bans at times, unless reset has just started getting sneaky to try to keep things from being logged
My hosting provider (1776 Hosting) has been under intermittent DDoS attacks for awhile now. I don't plan on moving the website for a variety of reasons, including protection from bad faith legal complaints and that it would be effectively negotiating with terrorists.

I haven't touched the code in awhile. The scanner runs on a different server, and is unaffected by the DDoS attacks. If you spot any missing bans please report them to me. I just checked the error log and there seems to be one edge-case thread causing issues (which might be disrupting OT Community thread scans), so I'll take some time to fix it.

You can read more about the DDoS attacks:
https://kiwifarms.net/threads/regarding-mid-september-downtime.47860/
https://kiwifarms.net/threads/samuel-collingwood-smith-vordrak-sam-smith-benvolastar-matthew-hopkins-news.16771/page-380#post-3790238

stufte

« Reply #40412 on: October 22, 2018, 10:11:11 PM »
Their impotent rage at CDPR is adorable.

tummyfat

« Reply #40413 on: October 22, 2018, 10:15:35 PM »
They are so full of shit. Remember when everyone decided that the shopkeeper in Frozen was gay based off of a two second shot of his family in a sauna and praised Disney for it? Or that Elsa was also gay/non-binary because she has no love interest in the movie?

Disney gets the benefit of the doubt and will get unearned virtue points like that because they are a company they already like and don’t want to be honest and admit Disney/Marvel movies have done absolutely nothing to advance gay rights even though they have a gigantic platform they could use to support those causes if they wanted to

Meanwhile CDPR or whoever cannot receive the benefit of the doubt. Ever.  Frozen has an all white cast but it doesn’t matter because they already made up their minds that it was progressive. Meanwhile the Witcher 3s all white cast was already decided to be pro white supremacy gamergate alt right I can’t even not slickness

clothedmacuser

« Reply #40414 on: October 22, 2018, 10:18:59 PM »
As someone with no use for CDPR's output there's nothing I can do. I can't exactly buy their games less than the "not at all" I already do. I
suppose now I can not buy them in a disapproving fashion rather than indifferently.

:doge

https://www.resetera.com/posts/14084604
sigh

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #40415 on: October 22, 2018, 10:28:12 PM »
As someone with no use for CDPR's output there's nothing I can do. I can't exactly buy their games less than the "not at all" I already do. I
suppose now I can not buy them in a disapproving fashion rather than indifferently.

:doge

https://www.resetera.com/posts/14084604

Ah the great gamer mindset that "voting with your wallet" is the beginning and end of what you can do to influence any entity

As if any sort of clear message is even sent when they suddenly start making a little less or a little more money

"oh resetera organized a boycott" vs. "oh other cyberpunk-style games are coming out and eating our lunch" etc.
Uncle

stufte

« Reply #40416 on: October 22, 2018, 10:32:48 PM »
I guess it’s cool to want people fired for tweets again now that it’s someone they dislike.

stufte

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #40418 on: October 22, 2018, 10:53:51 PM »
Yes!  Shame the people who don't have the courage to deny themselves entertainment, make it a pissing contest

"I bet you're too chicken to boycott RDR2 over its tacit endorsement of the role women should have in society and/or glorification of gun culture"
Uncle

BikeJesus

« Reply #40419 on: October 22, 2018, 11:08:02 PM »
I have zero interest in vidya card games, but I just bought Thronebreaker: Witcher Game off of GoG to show my support for CDPR.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #40420 on: October 22, 2018, 11:34:45 PM »
I missed this article earlier, I wonder if reset had a thread on it or not?

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2018/10/large-majorities-dislike-political-correctness/572581/

According to the report, 25 percent of Americans are traditional or devoted conservatives, and their views are far outside the American mainstream. Some 8 percent of Americans are progressive activists, and their views are even less typical. By contrast, the two-thirds of Americans who don’t belong to either extreme constitute an “exhausted majority.” Their members “share a sense of fatigue with our polarized national conversation, a willingness to be flexible in their political viewpoints, and a lack of voice in the national conversation.”

Most members of the “exhausted majority,” and then some, dislike political correctness. Among the general population, a full 80 percent believe that “political correctness is a problem in our country.” Even young people are uncomfortable with it, including 74 percent ages 24 to 29, and 79 percent under age 24. On this particular issue, the woke are in a clear minority across all ages.

Whites are ever so slightly less likely than average to believe that political correctness is a problem in the country: 79 percent of them share this sentiment. Instead, it is Asians (82 percent), Hispanics (87 percent), and American Indians (88 percent) who are most likely to oppose political correctness.
Uncle

Bore Expert

« Reply #40421 on: October 22, 2018, 11:40:50 PM »
Founder/CEO NeoGAF, Business consultant, BJJ Blue, Muay Thai novice, SCCA qualified race driver, Kilimanjaro Summitted, Photographer, Writer, Cryptomonger, Nerd

Any of you ever summitted Kilimanjaro? Was that the hill he died on?

Jansen

« Reply #40422 on: October 22, 2018, 11:45:18 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/14045263/

Quote from: Dedication Through Light, post: 14045263, member: 281
Doing my yearly rewatch of GuiltyCrown. Euterpe is still so awesome as an song over the opening minutes of an episode 1, like wow.

:trigger :trigger

Rahxephon91

« Reply #40423 on: October 23, 2018, 12:24:15 AM »
Guilty Crown was fucking trash. I’d hate to have shit taste like that.

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #40424 on: October 23, 2018, 01:25:47 AM »
I havent been in poliera in awhile, but theyre making their way to OT and it looks like theyre snapping.

OP:
Republican-affiliated voters have outpaced Democratic-affiliated voters in early voting in seven closely watched states, according to data provided by TargetSmart and independently analyzed by the NBC News Data Analytics Lab.

Poliera response:

This should be your takeaway from this article:

BASED ON TARGETSMART MODELED SCORES. Might as well say "Based on complete bullshit we pulled out of our asses."

????

It was pretty clear?

Lets try another thread.

Trump‘s job approval is now as high as Obama‘s at the same time

Thread checks out.

Poliera response:

STOP FUCKING POSTING THREADS ABOUT SINGLE POLLS INSTEAD OF AGGREGATES

HIS NET APPROVAL IS *checks notes* HALF A PERCENT BETTER THAN IT WAS 4 MONTHS AGO, TIME TO SHIT OURSELVES

Uh, the thread is comparing to Obama, not Trump 4 months ago, but ok.

I mostly would prefer Trump chokes on a pretzel and dies, but part of me wants to see what happens to these idiots if the blue wave fails to arrive
:O

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #40425 on: October 23, 2018, 01:49:31 AM »
Just get excommunicated, nub.

sphagnum

« Reply #40426 on: October 23, 2018, 02:24:14 AM »
I missed this article earlier, I wonder if reset had a thread on it or not?

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2018/10/large-majorities-dislike-political-correctness/572581/

According to the report, 25 percent of Americans are traditional or devoted conservatives, and their views are far outside the American mainstream. Some 8 percent of Americans are progressive activists, and their views are even less typical. By contrast, the two-thirds of Americans who don’t belong to either extreme constitute an “exhausted majority.” Their members “share a sense of fatigue with our polarized national conversation, a willingness to be flexible in their political viewpoints, and a lack of voice in the national conversation.”

Most members of the “exhausted majority,” and then some, dislike political correctness. Among the general population, a full 80 percent believe that “political correctness is a problem in our country.” Even young people are uncomfortable with it, including 74 percent ages 24 to 29, and 79 percent under age 24. On this particular issue, the woke are in a clear minority across all ages.

Whites are ever so slightly less likely than average to believe that political correctness is a problem in the country: 79 percent of them share this sentiment. Instead, it is Asians (82 percent), Hispanics (87 percent), and American Indians (88 percent) who are most likely to oppose political correctness.

No, but it came up in the socialism thread.

clothedmacuser

« Reply #40427 on: October 23, 2018, 02:43:40 AM »

American Indians just sigh when woke people like Excel or Red Merc commit seppuku in our names. Hey shit face, how about actually following native politics and creating parallel initiatives and legal amendments instead of just shaking your head and saying "how sad, so sad, those noble people."
sigh

FStop7

« Reply #40428 on: October 23, 2018, 03:24:09 AM »
Just your daily reminder that the CEO of Marvel is Donald Trump’s good friend and a total scumfuck currently disrupting the VA.

How many calls for bans of Marvel crap have there been? 

The outrage brigade on Ree are the fakest bunch of dipshits.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
ὕβρις

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #40430 on: October 23, 2018, 04:57:56 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/has-danny-odwyer-made-a-statement-on-this-tweet.76460/

And this, children, is why you mass wipe your twitter account every 8 months if you want to use it.

Dude dropped the n-word multiple times and people cry "don't give into the alt rights tactics"

CDPR makes a stupid joke and is the literal devil

daemon

« Reply #40431 on: October 23, 2018, 05:37:38 AM »
I like how everyone says "8 years" as if we fucking went all the way from the fucking middle ages to modern society in 8 years.

A person can change but god forbid we find you saying it today, you're incapable of changing and we will destroy your life for it.

PogiJones

« Reply #40432 on: October 23, 2018, 05:51:09 AM »
They actually believe banning Cyberpunk discussion would hurt CDPR instead of hurting Era?

They actually believe they have leverage over CDPR? Their forum between 1/10th and 1/100th the size of most gaming subreddits?

:gladbron :gladbron :woody :woody  :heyman :heyman :girlaff :girlaff

who is ted danson?

• ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀✋💎✋🤬
« Reply #40433 on: October 23, 2018, 05:59:10 AM »
How many users does the gog forum have? Wouldnt surprise me if even that was bigger than era lol
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

jorma

« Reply #40434 on: October 23, 2018, 06:35:38 AM »
How many users does the gog forum have? Wouldnt surprise me if even that was bigger than era lol

it does seem pretty active, a forum game they are playing got 60.000 replies in 8 hours...

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
« Reply #40435 on: October 23, 2018, 06:48:08 AM »
or you could not buy it at all and have a shred of morality.

your honour, while the defendant may well have kept a sex dungeon full of imported agent orange victims to fulfil his many gratuitous fetishes, he did infact refuse to buy cyberpunk 2077. that he has at least a shred of morality cannot be brought into question and for that reason i must appeal for a reduced sentence.

Propagandhim

« Reply #40436 on: October 23, 2018, 06:48:25 AM »
Danny's as left as they come, I wouldn't read anything into it.

Oh, is that how it works?

jorma

« Reply #40437 on: October 23, 2018, 07:13:59 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/what-games-would-you-want-to-be-made-by-a-different-dev.76462/

Quote from: TheCreationTS, post: 14093500, member: 44569
Give me a Star Wars world made by CD Projekt Red

We see you, this is not how to be slick.

who is ted danson?

• ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀✋💎✋🤬
« Reply #40438 on: October 23, 2018, 07:42:02 AM »
Danny's as left as they come, I wouldn't read anything into it.

Oh, is that how it works?

I hate Trump!
Now give me my n-word pass.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #40439 on: October 23, 2018, 07:58:13 AM »
They actually believe banning Cyberpunk discussion would hurt CDPR instead of hurting Era?

They actually believe they have leverage over CDPR? Their forum between 1/10th and 1/100th the size of most gaming subreddits?

:gladbron :gladbron :woody :woody  :heyman :heyman :girlaff :girlaff

I mean, that Kingdom Come: Deliverance boycott totally worked, right?

https://steamspy.com/app/379430

1,000,000-2,000,000 owners.

Oops?