Author Topic: Other Forums |OT| ♀ C O R E V A L U E S ♀ Sponsored By THQNordic  (Read 6076355 times)

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
Re: Other Forums Trash Thread for Other Forums' Trash |OT| That ain't it, chief
« Reply #41580 on: October 31, 2018, 05:36:56 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/metoo-has-exposed-sexual-misconduct-in-every-industry-why-do-abusive-men-in-hip-hop-go-unscathed.78204/

Why is it when it’s objectively not because of whites, it’s because of whites?

I don't even understand how they can pin it on the media when it's a social media driven movement. It's a freaking hashtag

Fact is that it's the audience and record labels who don't care.

Jansen

« Reply #41581 on: October 31, 2018, 05:37:36 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/14436582/

Quote from: Morrigan, post: 14436582, member: 27
Well, I don't need to imagine. ^_^

Welp that explains why she's so grating seeing as how the satanic temple Creed is to be as contrarian as possible

Rahxephon91

« Reply #41582 on: October 31, 2018, 05:43:33 PM »
I had friends, male and female mourning XXXtentacion. People don't care if they like the person's stuff.

And honestly who am I to judge them?

Well I guess if I was a ree I'd not only judge them, but cut them off.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #41583 on: October 31, 2018, 05:45:22 PM »
that post is explicitly for filler to like, no one else touch pls

Fuck you. I do whatever I want.
what a fuckin biiiiiaaaaaaaatch :maf

Jansen

« Reply #41584 on: October 31, 2018, 05:45:24 PM »
I can't bring myself to feel bad for anyone that has facial tattoos

EightBitNate

• I don’t wanna be horny anymore, I wanna be happy
« Reply #41585 on: October 31, 2018, 06:11:07 PM »
I had friends, male and female mourning XXXtentacion. People don't care if they like the person's stuff.

And honestly who am I to judge them?

Well I guess if I was a ree I'd not only judge them, but cut them off.

>being on ResetEra
>having friends

Pick one

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #41586 on: October 31, 2018, 06:26:37 PM »
that post is explicitly for filler to like, no one else touch pls

Fuck you. I do whatever I want.
what a fuckin biiiiiaaaaaaaatch :maf

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX
« Reply #41587 on: October 31, 2018, 06:36:57 PM »
can someone give me the inside baseball on why jack remington is now known as glen?

boy ain't slick by the way

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #41588 on: October 31, 2018, 06:38:12 PM »
a glen is a narrow valley, which is a provocative euphemism expressly for the purposes of advertising to other gay bore members
每天生气

Steve Contra

• Bought a lemon tree straight cash
« Reply #41589 on: October 31, 2018, 06:42:07 PM »
can someone give me the inside baseball on why jack remington is now known as glen?

boy ain't slick by the way
Jack Remington was Green Shinobi in another life, who was madly in love with the band Muse. When Glen Beck came out as a huge Muse as well, and started connecting their lyrics to his peculiar brand of libertarianism we started calling Green Shinobi, Glen Shinobi, which just became Glen over time. #borehistory
vin

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #41590 on: October 31, 2018, 06:43:30 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/metoo-has-exposed-sexual-misconduct-in-every-industry-why-do-abusive-men-in-hip-hop-go-unscathed.78204/

And then of course #metoo gets attributed to a black woman more than a decade ago because in their heads everything is stolen from Wakanda  :lol

« Reply #41591 on: October 31, 2018, 06:58:15 PM »
Definitely cannot argue against the medieval European method of dealing with her kind.

I'm all for dunking them in water, not because they're witches, just because they could do with it.

Propagandhim

« Reply #41592 on: October 31, 2018, 07:04:47 PM »

And then of course #metoo gets attributed to a black woman more than a decade ago because in their heads everything is stolen from Wakanda  :lol

It was started by a black woman, though.  What's less plausible is the fact that they think hip-hop artists don't get #MeToo'd because people only care about white women.  When Nas and Russell Simmons got #MeToo'd people were apprehensive and ambivalent - the fact of the matter is, Nas is still wildly popular despite those egregious accusations.  Go wiki the laundry list of sexual assault and rape allegations on Russell Simmons -- many of whom are white alleged victims.  Nobody cares. 
« Last Edit: October 31, 2018, 07:11:54 PM by Propagandhim »

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #41593 on: October 31, 2018, 07:12:52 PM »

It was started by a black woman, though.  What's less plausible is the fact that they think hip-hop artists don't get #MeToo'd because people only care about white women.  When Nas and Russell Simmons got #MeToo'd people were apprehensive and ambivalent - the fact of the matter is, Nas is still wildly popular despite those egregious accusations.  Go wiki the laundry list of sexual assault and rape allegations on Russell Simmons -- many of whom are white victims.  Nobody cares.
Of course nobody cares because it's rap and because most of them are 'minorities'

It's the same reason why Google allows some really nasty shit on Youtube when it is "rap" music.

It's a double standard that actually favors them in this instance.

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #41594 on: October 31, 2018, 07:23:21 PM »
Well we're not there yet. We'll get there eventually but we must remember and be respectful of the hierarchal process regarding easing all of us into diversity. Just like protagonists in Star Wars and video games right now, you start with a primary focus on white dudes, then white women's rights, then men of color, then white LGBTQ, after that women of color and finally LGBTQ of color. It is simply the design of human forward momentum and we must let progress slowly pan out this way to maintain the balance, y'know?

:kobeyuck

agrajag

« Reply #41595 on: October 31, 2018, 07:28:50 PM »
Have a seat, kiddo.

:bobby

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #41596 on: October 31, 2018, 07:34:38 PM »
I don't know what's more unbelievable: that people will defend the heinous actions of a talented musician, or that they think xxxtentacion is one?

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #41597 on: October 31, 2018, 07:45:31 PM »
I don't think it's weird at all. It's a rather realistic depiction of what it's like to be born into a conservative community. You may hate their bigoted beliefs, but you can't just abandon your friends and family. Or stop loving them when they vote for Trump.

wtf, ban this sick filth
©@©™

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #41598 on: October 31, 2018, 07:46:34 PM »
So a friend apparently had a kid meet a Reseter today. He's Navajo and married to a Navajo wife and their kids are therefore Navajo. So for Halloween one of his daughters that's high school aged decided to wear the traditional Navajo dress and hair jewelry to school and she was accosted by someone that said, "You know, it's not cool for you appropriate native american culture like that"

As my friend told me he was like :confused

But I replied "Oh I'm not surprised, let me tell you about this place called Reset Era..."
que

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #41599 on: October 31, 2018, 07:48:00 PM »
I don't think it's weird at all. It's a rather realistic depiction of what it's like to be born into a conservative community. You may hate their bigoted beliefs, but you can't just abandon your friends and family. Or stop loving them when they vote for Trump.

wtf, ban this sick filth

Go to 9:52

zepblackstar

« Reply #41601 on: October 31, 2018, 09:39:58 PM »
Well we're not there yet. We'll get there eventually but we must remember and be respectful of the hierarchal process regarding easing all of us into diversity. Just like protagonists in Star Wars and video games right now, you start with a primary focus on white dudes, then white women's rights, then men of color, then white LGBTQ, after that women of color and finally LGBTQ of color. It is simply the design of human forward momentum and we must let progress slowly pan out this way to maintain the balance, y'know?

:kobeyuck

They already on straight black men as having toxic masculinity and white gays don't support transgender issues enough.

The whole gays won't date transgender is a hot debate

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #41602 on: October 31, 2018, 09:40:50 PM »
I can't bring myself to feel bad for anyone that has facial tattoos

You don't feel bad for Lil Xan and him getting sick off of spicy cheetos? :p
^_^

kingv

« Reply #41603 on: October 31, 2018, 10:17:10 PM »

It was started by a black woman, though.  What's less plausible is the fact that they think hip-hop artists don't get #MeToo'd because people only care about white women.  When Nas and Russell Simmons got #MeToo'd people were apprehensive and ambivalent - the fact of the matter is, Nas is still wildly popular despite those egregious accusations.  Go wiki the laundry list of sexual assault and rape allegations on Russell Simmons -- many of whom are white alleged victims.  Nobody cares.

I understand that this is technically true, but when I’ve tried to look into the history of it, it’s like “Taranda started a me too MySpace Page in 2006, and then got 1K t-shirts made, and then 11 years later it blew up.”

But it’s not really clear that she was really doing anything with it in between and it’s pretty clear Alyssa Milano wasn’t aware of the other me too movement when she first tweeted about it.

She doesn’t really seem to be all that petty about it, but the idea that white people co-opted some ongoing movement from black women is not really accurate. It’s more like two people came up with the same kind of clever phrase a dozen years apart

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #41604 on: October 31, 2018, 10:33:52 PM »
Matt in the Donnelly thread
He never said that.
This "country is a sea of red" because almost half the country is, in fact, red. Democrats have actually done really well holding on to these few moderate Senate seats. If not for them, this current administration would be doing literally whatever they want.
It doesn't mean anything, that's what makes it a political statement.

Strictly speaking, all he is saying is he will read the bill. Which, frankly, he should.
The only meaningful amount of people in Indiana that would have even a small problem with Donnelly's words are already voting for him, and they will vote for him either way. He is not losing anything by saying this.
:crazy

This is literally the most centrist person on the entire planet. Complete status quo tool. Amazing.
每天生气

kingv

« Reply #41605 on: October 31, 2018, 10:43:36 PM »
With rumors that Nintendo is launching an updated model next year and them certainly missing their sales targets this year this is not a bad strategy

They're being dumb and stubborn by not lowering the price imo. No one knows how to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory quite like Nintendo does.

What’s dumb is that they were just too aggressive with their guidance. If they said 15 million they would be on track to beat, and would still have one of the best quarters in years and the narrative would be completely different.

Nintendo is too slow on price cuts, and imo this year has been weaker on software. They are still going to move a bunch of units this quarter though.

Edit: typically, the console hardware moves like 4-5x a normal month in both nov /december. Switch seems to be going about 1 mil per month so maybe 9 mil between now and the end of the year or so? It makes some sense that maybe Nintendo has even more skew to the holidays.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2018, 11:30:48 PM by kingv »

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #41606 on: November 01, 2018, 12:03:21 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/pelosi-to-colbert-we-will-win-democrats-will-carry-the-house.78280/

Welp, there goes any chance of the Democrats winning! Lol

Shut up and urge people TO vote. Don’t create complacency you washed up useless tool. Your fucking party has had 2 years to fight back and you’ve failed. 2 years to create a unified message and you’ve failed. 2 years to put up a real fight in the Senate and barring shocking, poll defying numbers you’ve failed (yes I know she’s the Rep. Minority leader but she’s also a leading member of the party).

Trying to take a victory lap at this point is everything wrong with the Democratic fucking Party and I’m so sick and tired of it.

Why would she say that? So dumb. You gotta say "We need everyone to get out and vote because blah blah blah"

Excellent strategy, guess I don’t need to vote!

Reading more of this thread... I hate liberals.
sigh

Boredfrom

« Reply #41607 on: November 01, 2018, 12:16:29 AM »
Yeah but you ever read (or watched/played, whatever) a story where you felt like the so-called good guy was actually an asshole in the wrong, and/or the villain was in the right? That's basically the Biblical God and Satan for a lot of us.

Oh, the irony.

https://www.resetera.com/posts/14448178/

thisismyusername

« Reply #41608 on: November 01, 2018, 01:07:41 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/pelosi-to-colbert-we-will-win-democrats-will-carry-the-house.78280/

Welp, there goes any chance of the Democrats winning! Lol

Shut up and urge people TO vote. Don’t create complacency you washed up useless tool. Your fucking party has had 2 years to fight back and you’ve failed. 2 years to create a unified message and you’ve failed. 2 years to put up a real fight in the Senate and barring shocking, poll defying numbers you’ve failed (yes I know she’s the Rep. Minority leader but she’s also a leading member of the party).

Trying to take a victory lap at this point is everything wrong with the Democratic fucking Party and I’m so sick and tired of it.

Why would she say that? So dumb. You gotta say "We need everyone to get out and vote because blah blah blah"

Excellent strategy, guess I don’t need to vote!

Reading more of this thread... I hate liberals.

I mean, are they wrong? Where is the lie? Telling folks "don't worry, we got this" means most folks that were considering it won't vote. See: Brxit and Trump.

"It's a shoe-in!"
(Voters: It wasn't a shoe-in)

clothedmacuser

« Reply #41609 on: November 01, 2018, 01:25:58 AM »
Also, if you say those people are crazy they can deliver the Super Effective counter, "must be nice to be a white person and not care about these things."
sigh

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #41610 on: November 01, 2018, 02:28:20 AM »
You tell them you definitely got the win and they won't vote, but you tell them it's a longshot and they won't vote. American politics is fucked from the start. Mandatory voting is so much simpler.

clothedmacuser

sigh

Bore Expert

« Reply #41612 on: November 01, 2018, 03:02:13 AM »
i walked into the Bire on Bourbon Street tonight and thought of you fellas. Benji was there, doxxing everyone in site. Then I ate gumbo

Change your name to Bire Expert.

My name is a tribute to the greatest movie critic to ever grace the internet.we never fully understood exactly what we were witnessing. But we knew it was special. My personal favorite Bobby tactic was when he would tee off on some dude that was completely agreeing with him. I miss that.

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #41613 on: November 01, 2018, 03:02:36 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/halloween-trick-or-treating-is-dead.78321/

https://www.resetera.com/posts/14452122/

Quote from: Mauricio_Magus, post: 14452122, member: 1295
We had almost no one over here.

I think it’s pretty obvious why parents don’t want their kids near your doorstep.
Margs

Polari

• Hello darkness my old friend I come to talk to you again
« Reply #41614 on: November 01, 2018, 05:13:24 AM »
Thank god they started teaching media literacy in schools.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/son-of-prominent-ferguson-protester-found-hung-from-a-tree.78326/

these are targeted murders to inspire fear in black activists - this is radical white terrorism
I'd say they're assassinations going by who they're targeting and how covert the wrong doers have been in regards of leaving no traces of themselves. Usually, you'd figure they'd be too pig headed to actually avoid witnesses when doing shit like this but having them act like professional hitmen is...something.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/son-of-prominent-ferguson-protester-found-hung-from-a-tree.78326/page-3#post-14455111

:nope

wow even for the rees this is some lunatic shit

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #41615 on: November 01, 2018, 06:36:09 AM »
Acting like people know who pelosi is.

:neogaf

tummyfat

« Reply #41616 on: November 01, 2018, 07:04:12 AM »
It’s amaxing such a bastion of wokeness can say some shit like “black men don’t kill themselves”

Maiden Voyage

• Junior
« Reply #41617 on: November 01, 2018, 07:17:14 AM »
You tell them you definitely got the win and they won't vote, but you tell them it's a longshot and they won't vote. American politics is fucked from the start. Mandatory voting is so much simpler.

Do you know any Americans? I honestly think it would be a lot worse here if we had mandatory voting.

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #41618 on: November 01, 2018, 07:18:45 AM »
It’s amaxing such a bastion of wokeness can say some shit like “black men don’t kill themselves”

You're so transparent. No black man would ever kill himself by hanging from a tree deliberately. Not in this country. Not in this fucking reality.
https://www.resetera.com/posts/14455869/

So transparent

Maiden Voyage

• Junior
« Reply #41619 on: November 01, 2018, 07:18:57 AM »
Also, using Australian lawmaking as a bastion for anything is hilarious. Australia as an example for anything besides how to get rid of convicts is hysterical.

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #41620 on: November 01, 2018, 08:24:32 AM »
That is kinda true. They tend to just kill each other  :doge

Tiops

« Reply #41621 on: November 01, 2018, 08:41:32 AM »
Do you have a diverse group of friends?

Quote from: Redhead On Moped, post: 14411011, member: 5663
USA here and as far as close-ish ones, here are a few breakdowns.

2. Lesbian trans Italian progressive agnostic democrat.

What is a trans Italian?

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
« Reply #41622 on: November 01, 2018, 09:06:57 AM »
Do you have a diverse group of friends?

Quote from: Redhead On Moped, post: 14411011, member: 5663
USA here and as far as close-ish ones, here are a few breakdowns.

2. Lesbian trans Italian progressive agnostic democrat.

What is a trans Italian?

It’s like when the Moors invaded Sicily and did so much fucking that they altered the gene pool forever.
https://goo.gl/images/Weo5Bq
Oi Oi

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #41623 on: November 01, 2018, 09:19:46 AM »
Moops!

Propagandhim

« Reply #41624 on: November 01, 2018, 10:56:56 AM »
what the fuck.

this is truly disturbing and terrifying.

fucking literally going back to the acts of 50 years ago. fucking hell.

The suicide rate has only gone up in the past 50 years. 

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #41625 on: November 01, 2018, 11:11:49 AM »
I know the reee mods missed this, but after you get done reading this thread, don't ban this dude because this is gold.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #41626 on: November 01, 2018, 11:33:59 AM »
It seems like it would be pretty obvious pretty quickly if there had been any sort of struggle prior to the hanging

Like evidence his wrists were bound, or new bruises, or even the lack of something to stand on when hanging yourself

You'd think he would've been fighting and screaming and nobody heard it, while being hanged in his mom's backyard?

I don't inherently trust the police at all but there should probably be an autopsy, but even if there is and they don't find anything reset will say the coroner's office is in on it too

They can't even mount a coherent defense, "black people don't kill themselves?"  What about just "most people don't kill themselves intimidatingly in their own mother's backyard?"
Uncle

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
« Reply #41627 on: November 01, 2018, 11:38:11 AM »
I know a woman who's husband hanged himself in the garage with an electrical cord. The coroner ruled it an accident because there was no note. The dude was about to go away for embezzlement.
Oi Oi

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #41628 on: November 01, 2018, 11:39:45 AM »
I know a woman who's husband hanged himself in the garage with an electrical cord. The coroner ruled it an accident because there was no note. The dude was about to go away for embezzlement.

Sounds like one too many wire transfers for him.

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
« Reply #41629 on: November 01, 2018, 11:41:48 AM »
He was a manager of a Home Depot and would sell product out the back door for years among other things.
Oi Oi

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #41630 on: November 01, 2018, 11:44:11 AM »
I guess he forgot to pull the plug.

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
« Reply #41631 on: November 01, 2018, 11:50:02 AM »
Hold on, i’m forwarding these to his widow.
Oi Oi

thisismyusername

« Reply #41632 on: November 01, 2018, 11:56:40 AM »
I mean do we know if it was a suicide? Could be suspect, however:

Quote from: Twatter
But Danye has just bought property to sell & his mother knows this isn’t true.

That doesn't mean shit if the person has planned it in advance. They can look cheery on the outside but that's because they are planning their death on the inside.

Propagandhim

« Reply #41633 on: November 01, 2018, 12:00:55 PM »
I mean do we know if it was a suicide? Could be suspect, however:

Quote from: Twatter
But Danye has just bought property to sell & his mother knows this isn’t true.

That doesn't mean shit if the person has planned it in advance. They can look cheery on the outside but that's because they are planning their death on the inside.

You'd be better off starting the deductive reasoning from, "Do we know he was lynched?"  because suicides by hanging are a fuckload more common than lynchings today. 

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #41634 on: November 01, 2018, 12:04:23 PM »
He found out the property is worthless and he just got conned out of his life savings
Uncle

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #41635 on: November 01, 2018, 12:13:52 PM »
She's gonna be shocked.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #41636 on: November 01, 2018, 12:29:24 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/super-smash-bros-ultimate-world-of-light-cinematic-adventure-mode.78381/

:goldberg
Quote from: cw_sasuke, post: 14467283, member: 11936
Its canon - Kirby is the most powerful and iconic being in the Nintendoverse.
Damn...
ど助平

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
« Reply #41637 on: November 01, 2018, 12:29:37 PM »
And insurance doesn’t pay out on suicides.
Oi Oi

Leadbelly

« Reply #41638 on: November 01, 2018, 12:30:11 PM »
Matt in the Donnelly thread
He never said that.
This "country is a sea of red" because almost half the country is, in fact, red. Democrats have actually done really well holding on to these few moderate Senate seats. If not for them, this current administration would be doing literally whatever they want.
It doesn't mean anything, that's what makes it a political statement.

Strictly speaking, all he is saying is he will read the bill. Which, frankly, he should.
The only meaningful amount of people in Indiana that would have even a small problem with Donnelly's words are already voting for him, and they will vote for him either way. He is not losing anything by saying this.
:crazy

This is literally the most centrist person on the entire planet. Complete status quo tool. Amazing.

When push comes to shove... You have Bernie Sanders on one side Trump on the other. The Democrats vote for Hillary. You can't get more status quo than that.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #41639 on: November 01, 2018, 12:32:38 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/super-smash-bros-ultimate-world-of-light-cinematic-adventure-mode.78381/

:goldberg
Quote from: cw_sasuke, post: 14467283, member: 11936
Its canon - Kirby is the most powerful and iconic being in the Nintendoverse.
Damn...

Thinking Smash Bros is canon. :goldberg
©@©™