Author Topic: Other Forums |OT| ♀ C O R E V A L U E S ♀ Sponsored By THQNordic  (Read 5901389 times)

Finbarfin

Re: The Other Forums Thread for Other Forums
« Reply #4200 on: April 17, 2018, 10:03:14 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/russian-elon-musk-raped-and-tortured-to-death-in-custody-say-experts.36894/

russian officials torture a dissident.

This story unfortunately has little discussion value beyond its shocking and gruesome content. We are closing the topic to further replies.

The fox is in the hen house, repeat, the fox is in the hen house.

Isn't that an outright admission that they are fully aware that their users are too immature to discuss serious topics?

Bore Expert

« Reply #4201 on: April 17, 2018, 10:03:20 PM »
Any of you still have Ree accounts or have you all been cut down in your prime by Sweetnicole? Is beseda still guiding the righteous from the shadows?

Shuri

« Reply #4202 on: April 17, 2018, 10:03:31 PM »
What the flying fuck seriously.

https://twitter.com/LeslieMac/status/986347352331046912

:lol
all the problems and shit happening in the world right now, and you choose to focus on some character in a kid's cg movie from 10 years ago. Way to go, Leslie.

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #4203 on: April 17, 2018, 10:19:53 PM »
and why exactly is it okay to laugh at a black woman just because she's visible? ???

way to trivialize their struggle and deny their humanity by using their appearance solely as a mere vehicle for comedy, it's just another form of neo-blackface

Jansen

« Reply #4204 on: April 17, 2018, 10:23:02 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/6889303/

Quote from: subpar spatula, post: 6889303, member: 8666
Japan's xenophobia is what makes the place interesting. It's an isolated island country trying so hard to maintain its traditions and culture since before it became Sunrise Land. That concention of culture and tradition would be dilluted the more they let in, and they see it as a problem, we see it as xenophobia.

Cuz it is xenophobia you dumb shit

https://www.resetera.com/posts/6889385/

Leave Japan alone !!!  :japancry

etiolate

« Reply #4205 on: April 17, 2018, 10:37:50 PM »
What I do know is that some black women want to be laughed at and some black women hunt ghosts and that ghosts can be invisible and certainly non-corporeal and some black women who hunt ghosts get possessed by ghosts but that doesn't make them invisible like a ghost but it is okay to laugh at them unless it's twitter and you're gay.

benjipwns

« Reply #4206 on: April 17, 2018, 10:38:09 PM »
People talking about entitlement are missing a big piece of the puzzle here. Most if not all of the publishers being criticized for shafting the system are publicly traded companies, which in some countries can face legal repercussions if they're not doing all they can to maximize profits. There's undeniably money being left on the table by not treating the Switch like a proper platform.

But they keep doing this because they know that the majority of their shareholders are clueless about the game industry, which is why most pubs have only given token support so far. It also helps that they have unpaid volunteers willing to chastise anyone who dares to call them out on their BS.

Ironically the biggest western supporter of the Switch (Bethesda) is a private company with no obligation at all to support it.

:doge
it makes sense that publicly traded corporation Nintendo would have more informed shareholders than the standard fly by night operation like Activision Blizzard, not that Nintendo's honorable leadership like Kimishima-san would ever treat their partners in business in such a way, I'm not making that accusation at all

spoiler (click to show/hide)
nobody mention that ownership of ZeniMax is mostly other corporations holding shares that they do in fact buy and sell because that would make this BIG piece more difficult to fit into the verafied puzzle
[close]

daemon

« Reply #4207 on: April 17, 2018, 10:48:51 PM »

Japan's xenophobia is what makes the place interesting. It's an isolated island country trying so hard to maintain its traditions and culture since before it became Sunrise Land. That concention of culture and tradition would be dilluted the more they let in, and they see it as a problem, we see it as xenophobia.

That's a lie. Japan likes other cultures, they just don't want them overriding their own. It's quite different.

To preserve it they very carefully accept migrants. Which is what any country should do tbh.

benjipwns

« Reply #4208 on: April 17, 2018, 10:54:06 PM »
I think the average Japanese person looks to Europe and sees things like terrorist attacks committed by ISIS and this kind of thing springs to mind when they are questioned about immigration and whatnot.
Yes...it is probably this and not something entrenched through centuries of Japanese culture.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #4209 on: April 17, 2018, 11:33:03 PM »
China is super specific about getting residency also, like obnoxiously so. I applied to do a project in Vietnam and their policies are legit friendly for immigrants (the fucking humidity isnt though :lol )

benjipwns

« Reply #4210 on: April 17, 2018, 11:35:19 PM »
they weren't so friendly for 50,000 american temporary workers :usacry

bring home our POWs! :usacry

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #4211 on: April 17, 2018, 11:37:28 PM »
 :chinacry

kingv

« Reply #4212 on: April 18, 2018, 12:01:52 AM »

That's a lie. Japan likes other cultures, they just don't want them overriding their own. It's quite different.

To preserve it they very carefully accept migrants. Which is what any country should do tbh.

By migrants, you mean otaku.

curly

• cultural maoist
« Reply #4213 on: April 18, 2018, 12:08:47 AM »

Glad to see the good work done by the Greater East Asia Co-Prosperity Sphere finally get its due

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #4214 on: April 18, 2018, 01:01:19 AM »
I think Australia/Canada proves that multiculturalism won't destroy the moral fabric of your country.

benjipwns

« Reply #4215 on: April 18, 2018, 01:11:42 AM »
can't destroy what doesn't exist in the first place :rollsafe

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #4216 on: April 18, 2018, 01:19:20 AM »

warcock

« Reply #4217 on: April 18, 2018, 01:28:11 AM »
Yo i'm kind of curious how ntards landed here seeing how this place came to birth after drinky died for our sins and then pushed a massive boulder to unleash upon the world one console faggotry.

etiolate

« Reply #4218 on: April 18, 2018, 01:44:28 AM »
I don't know where to put this, but god bless Norm.

https://twitter.com/normmacdonald/status/986478937646612480

No fucks.

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #4219 on: April 18, 2018, 04:00:01 AM »
From the Incredibles thread

They should stop pretending that it's anything but this and go full Tom and Jerry.
(Image removed from quote.)
https://www.resetera.com/posts/6887137/

Can you guess the poster?

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #4220 on: April 18, 2018, 04:01:52 AM »
I just learned Jamie Lidell is white, I feel very lied to.

Coax

« Reply #4221 on: April 18, 2018, 04:45:38 AM »
Their ad reporting thread certainly looks familiar...

Mcafee webadvisor is blocking tons of adds today, unsafe content.
I got a malware ad that completely shut down my computer from this site.
got several different phishing ads, ones trying to pass as my ISP, or some others pretending to be facebook. Fucking hell.
I can't even keep ResetERA open for a minute and it will redirect me to malicious websites, which aren't all being picked up by Kaspersky either. Literally was just typing a response to this thread and it redirected me to some sort of Crypto Mining extension for Firefox.
This used to happen a lot during the later NeoGAF months...

Not to worry though, RE is on the case...

Any new updates on this?
We've had fewer reports in the past few days
I think this is because there is no report button under ads now.

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #4222 on: April 18, 2018, 04:53:49 AM »
Wow wow wow, I didn't see this coming at all. What is going on!!1!1!!11!

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #4223 on: April 18, 2018, 05:28:42 AM »
Meanwhile, in Slum Town, USA, Internet...

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/is-evilore-a-4d-chess-master.1461999/post-253239911

Ah yes, the classic move whereupon you sacrifice your credibility in gaming media, and your formidably sized forum is devasted in activity and ad revenue by a dozenfold, solely so you can make people not want to come there so more conservative and "free" discussion can take place.

Everyone who understands strategy is in awe of Evilore, the master.

Quote from: ThugUno
Nah, I was already in a pretty bad place when the whole thing happened, and the way it played out all around was overwhelming and very hurtful to experience. I wasn't very functional for a while there; I've remained loyal and committed to this place for going on two decades, and turned down a lot to keep it independent and intact only to end up seeing...that, play out so eagerly from within the community. I had a hard time coping with all that for a while, but that did give me a lot of time to evaluate and reflect on the entire sequence of events and why it ended up looking that bleak.

Seemed like the only reasonable path forward through that mess was to force some purpose to it all by taking every advantage offered by the circumstances to address whatever I could think to add to the list, then get in there and redo everything from the ground up and put it directly on track myself. It's still an ongoing process, but I think it's been able to serve a purpose now, and I'm glad that GAF can be a place I enjoy reading and participating in again going forward. Now just grab your friends (or enemies) and bring over here too so I can mash my F5 key properly. ;b

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/netflix-orders-‘the-order’-which-sounds-strangely-like-‘the-order-1886’-minus-the-1886.1462007/#post-253240147

The Order 1886 had such an original, unique premise !

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/former-gafer-wins-pulitzer.1462002/

Former GAFer wins Pulitzer

Also : Former Gaffers created somewhat successful splinter forum.
ὕβρις

warcock

« Reply #4224 on: April 18, 2018, 07:21:53 AM »
I dont want to discredit his accomplishment cause i know shit about farrow or what he writes. Sounds somewhat misleading to say gaffer wins pulitzer as if this relatively unknown poster rose to prominence... especially considering his circumstances.

venereology

« Reply #4225 on: April 18, 2018, 07:42:34 AM »
at a certain point it's like being proud of yourself because you have a twitter account and someone on twitter won a nobel prize.

when your desire to stand in the shadow of greatness is so strong that you post "we did it" in the GoW review thread....

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #4226 on: April 18, 2018, 08:53:44 AM »

But enough about Willco.

More like sphincter forum.
ὕβρις

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4227 on: April 18, 2018, 09:14:09 AM »
Meanwhile, in Slum Town, USA, Internet...

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/is-evilore-a-4d-chess-master.1461999/post-253239911

Ah yes, the classic move whereupon you sacrifice your credibility in gaming media, and your formidably sized forum is devasted in activity and ad revenue by a dozenfold, solely so you can make people not want to come there so more conservative and "free" discussion can take place.

Everyone who understands strategy is in awe of Evilore, the master.

Quote from: ThugUno
Nah, I was already in a pretty bad place when the whole thing happened, and the way it played out all around was overwhelming and very hurtful to experience. I wasn't very functional for a while there; I've remained loyal and committed to this place for going on two decades, and turned down a lot to keep it independent and intact only to end up seeing...that, play out so eagerly from within the community. I had a hard time coping with all that for a while, but that did give me a lot of time to evaluate and reflect on the entire sequence of events and why it ended up looking that bleak.

Seemed like the only reasonable path forward through that mess was to force some purpose to it all by taking every advantage offered by the circumstances to address whatever I could think to add to the list, then get in there and redo everything from the ground up and put it directly on track myself. It's still an ongoing process, but I think it's been able to serve a purpose now, and I'm glad that GAF can be a place I enjoy reading and participating in again going forward. Now just grab your friends (or enemies) and bring over here too so I can mash my F5 key properly. ;b

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/netflix-orders-‘the-order’-which-sounds-strangely-like-‘the-order-1886’-minus-the-1886.1462007/#post-253240147

The Order 1886 had such an original, unique premise !

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/former-gafer-wins-pulitzer.1462002/

Former GAFer wins Pulitzer

At this point, I think Thug1 is just saying the same thing over and over again in hopes that if the lie is said enough, it will become the truth.  At least this time it was somebody else who brought it up.  :P

And yeah, hey- look at all the SUCCESS from NeoGAF like FORMER NEOGAFFER AND SUCCESSFUL HOLLYWOOD WRITER GARY WHITTA, NEOGAF MEMBER AND SUCCESSFUL COMEDIAN AISHA TYLER, and FORMER NEOGAFFER AND CULTURAL ICON OF KANGOLS (GET THE LOOK) BOBBY R0BERTS!
ど助平

kingv

« Reply #4228 on: April 18, 2018, 09:54:41 AM »
Just looked it up, and it’s amazing how much traffic has died at neogaf.

Went from about 3.6 million visits per week in October, to about 500K/week now.

Unique users hasn’t dropped nearly as much though. From 300K to 200K thereabouts.

warcock

« Reply #4229 on: April 18, 2018, 10:15:25 AM »
The queen is dead, long live the queen. :-*

EightBitNate

• I don’t wanna be horny anymore, I wanna be happy
« Reply #4230 on: April 18, 2018, 10:15:51 AM »

Unique users hasn’t dropped nearly as much though. From 300K to 200K thereabouts.

Anyone have any estimates of what Tyler was making before the drop?

tummyfat

« Reply #4231 on: April 18, 2018, 11:11:52 AM »
Every several months I check the Travis County property records to see when Tyler is forced to sell one of his two homes.

I understand this means I have no life

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #4232 on: April 18, 2018, 11:14:12 AM »
neo-blackface
this is a good name for evilore's new forum considering the typical content that's posted there now
每天生气

agrajag

« Reply #4233 on: April 18, 2018, 11:47:50 AM »

Well Excelciorlef doesn't post there anymore

shosta

« Reply #4234 on: April 18, 2018, 11:49:43 AM »
Are cats really outside animals? I had never heard of this until a few years ago.
每天生气

Shuri

« Reply #4235 on: April 18, 2018, 11:54:13 AM »
Whatever happened to the sex cult storyline of the NeoGAF fallout? I wanted to read more about it  :doge

agrajag

« Reply #4236 on: April 18, 2018, 12:19:10 PM »
The Church of Scientology made Evilore sign an NDA, please understand

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #4237 on: April 18, 2018, 12:26:45 PM »
A sexy NDA.  :-*
©@©™

Switters

« Reply #4238 on: April 18, 2018, 12:52:03 PM »
Holy shit! There are so many spoilers in that switch Dark Souls thread. Tread carefully dudes.
troll

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #4239 on: April 18, 2018, 12:54:23 PM »
Holy shit! There are so many spoilers in that switch Dark Souls thread. Tread carefully dudes.

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #4240 on: April 18, 2018, 01:05:45 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-new-yorker-how-one-joke-on-“roseanne”-explains-the-show.36995/

Hey everyone, it's a Roseanne thread!

She's called a nazi in the very first reply  :lol

warcock

« Reply #4241 on: April 18, 2018, 01:47:53 PM »

Well Excelciorlef doesn't post there anymore
Talking about magnum poopus.
Kirblar use to trigger me more, his posts were written in such an authoratative manner as to antagonize every reactionary fiber of my class struggling body. You could clearly tell he would literally parrot every argument he heard his passive aggresive libcentrist econ grad prof preach in class last night. The only thing more satisfying than seeing him bitchslapped by a large female would be him being intellectually blow torched online by a Taleb type. I rather deal with half the forum as etiolatechat bots than have eithet kirb or excel post here.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2018, 01:51:56 PM by warcock »

nudemacusers

« Reply #4242 on: April 18, 2018, 02:33:46 PM »
As for Junko Furuta, there were several adaptations made of her ordeal as well, and I've read one of them out of morbid curiosity, the one by Waita Uziga.
*googles author*

Sure fam, who wouldn’t just stumble upon the guro adaptation of a horrific crime done to a schoolgirl written by a dude who does creepy af loli pervert shit :gurl
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Propagandhim

« Reply #4243 on: April 18, 2018, 02:41:18 PM »
I think Australia/Canada proves that multiculturalism won't destroy the moral fabric of your country.

Yes, but Australia has one of the most strict selection biases for skilled labor in terms of incoming immigrants. 

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #4244 on: April 18, 2018, 02:49:28 PM »
As for Junko Furuta, there were several adaptations made of her ordeal as well, and I've read one of them out of morbid curiosity, the one by Waita Uziga.
*googles author*

Sure fam, who wouldn’t just stumble upon the guro adaptation of a horrific crime done to a schoolgirl written by a dude who does creepy af loli pervert shit :gurl

That man's name? TVC
©@©™

kingv

« Reply #4245 on: April 18, 2018, 03:04:03 PM »

Had a Google Ads employee look it up maybe ~2 years ago;  was looking like around $600k for the year for that revenue stream.  I believe he also had other avenues as well like referral links to amazon and whatnot.

That’s kind of a lot, because it is run by like two people and his army geeks, but when you think about webpages that require like, actual employees to create content... holy shot how do any of them stay in business?

Skullfuckers Anonymous

• Will hunt bullies for fruit baskets. PM for details.
« Reply #4246 on: April 18, 2018, 03:14:29 PM »

Had a Google Ads employee look it up maybe ~2 years ago;  was looking like around $600k for the year for that revenue stream.  I believe he also had other avenues as well like referral links to amazon and whatnot.

Wow, 600k and he couldn't even bother to send out Christmas fruit baskets; what a cunt.

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #4247 on: April 18, 2018, 03:21:51 PM »
*googles author*

Googled the name and that's straight up an ero-guro artist. So this dude basically dropped into the thread about a murder victim and told everyone that he read the porn version of it.

Jansen

« Reply #4248 on: April 18, 2018, 03:28:10 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/is-it-ok-for-men-to-shave-their-legs.37043

no way is this guy 32

also shin bobo dakes makes a thread for every little stupid thing that pops into their head

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #4249 on: April 18, 2018, 03:34:37 PM »
I saw cao mengde on reset the other day in a thread linked from here, from what I can remember dude always seemed normal, surprised he went over to ree

nudemacusers

« Reply #4250 on: April 18, 2018, 03:38:11 PM »
Googled the name and that's straight up an ero-guro artist. So this dude basically dropped into the thread about a murder victim and told everyone that he read the porn version of it.

And you are suspect for knowing the term "ero-guro."

*adds to list*
Don’t guro shame
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #4251 on: April 18, 2018, 03:39:10 PM »

And you are suspect for knowing the term "ero-guro."

*adds to list*

And now you know the term as well  :rollsafe

studyguy

« Reply #4252 on: April 18, 2018, 03:55:37 PM »
Spoilers for Dark Souls?
What like you're gonna die and bosses are dumb looking half dragon zombies or whatever?
pause

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #4253 on: April 18, 2018, 03:58:12 PM »
Spoilers for Dark Souls?
What like you're gonna
die and bosses are dumb looking half dragon zombies or whatever?
[close]

Ban this filth.
©@©™

nudemacusers

« Reply #4254 on: April 18, 2018, 04:02:16 PM »
There is actually one major soulsborne spoiler that runs through the entire series of games

you'll probably become an insufferable douche over how ‘hardcore’ the games are
[close]
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #4255 on: April 18, 2018, 04:04:38 PM »
*googles author*

That man's name? TVC

Junko has spent many nights bringing me pleasure. One of my movie ideas was a biopic of young Junko with Himu playing her.
serge

shosta

« Reply #4256 on: April 18, 2018, 04:07:18 PM »
Spoilers for Dark Souls?
What like you're gonna die and bosses are dumb looking half dragon zombies or whatever?
:comeon

I didn't ask you to start posting here again so you could shit on good games!
:bolo
每天生气

Rahxephon91

« Reply #4257 on: April 18, 2018, 04:08:20 PM »

thetylerrob

« Reply #4258 on: April 18, 2018, 04:09:13 PM »
Dark Souls is a good game, but then they made like 10 more and now Nintards are excited about a fucking port when you can run the game on a toaster anyway. It's off the cool games list.

Switters

« Reply #4259 on: April 18, 2018, 04:25:58 PM »
:::puts down sub::::
:::wipes mouth:::

I condemn those that murder innocent people.

troll