Author Topic: Other Forums |OT| ♀ C O R E V A L U E S ♀ Sponsored By THQNordic  (Read 6035643 times)

Drainage

Re: Other Forums Trash Thread for Other Forums' Trash |OT| That ain't it, chief
« Reply #46380 on: December 04, 2018, 04:01:53 PM »
https://www.neogaf.com/threads/honestly-i-was-expecting-the-witcher-3s-world-to-resemble-rdr2-graphically.1468861/#post-253616048

Quote from: Solarstrike
Well before industry set into the wild west, nature was a far more beautiful place. Virgin lands abundant with resources. This is why the world of Witcher 3 is more populated with more fauna. There's less industry. Much lower levels of CO2 gives rise to cleaner air in which things can grow bigger, faster, and live much longer. This would explain why a Witcher can live to be between 600 and 800 years old. Further, the entire area depicted in Witcher 3 is surrounded by snow-capped mountian ranges which ultimately give fresh waters towards abundant vegetation. Vast and mostly untouched minerals to include exotic minerals and even meteorite propagate the land. Disease propagates through many of it's fauna due to bacteria and cellular regeneration per mutation thriving in an atmosphere containing less CO2. Many mutants and monstrosities which inhabit the world of Witcher 3 also lived for hundred of years. Stories were passed on from generation to generation of these things which Witcher's hunt.

As industry set in the Wild West following the world of Red Dead Redemption, so did health problems for many people. There was a massive reduction of fauna, minerals, and specifically, forests. The mining and forest industry clearned millions of acres over the land allowing for air quality to fluctuate negatively. Specifically, the increase of CO2. Over many years, countless millions of tons of TNT were also detonated to clear out areas the size of mountain ranges for mineral deposits. Coal powered machinery set the tone on the horizon, darkening the sunlight and creating a Vitamin D deficiency for many people. As trillions of tons of coal was burned, cellular mutations in humankind such as cancer, multiplied. Further, vast mining tunnels far and deep as the eye can see allowed for gases to seep quicker to the surface and into the food chain as well as water tables. This would explain the demeanor and look of some of the townsfolk whom populate the world of Red Dead Redemption 2. Stay away from small cabin's in the middle of nowhere with a light on.

:trash

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #46381 on: December 04, 2018, 04:36:10 PM »
Whats the point of those stupid floating header bars if you're not gonna put the thread title in them?

ashep

« Reply #46382 on: December 04, 2018, 04:50:18 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/apple-shifting-marketing-staff-to-boost-lower-than-expected-iphone-sales.85023/

Thread making privileges suspended (6 months): Consistent history of bad faith threads regarding phones

Holy shit, this is a thing now?

:rejoice

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #46383 on: December 04, 2018, 04:50:56 PM »
Whats the point of those stupid floating header bars if you're not gonna put the thread title in them?

OPs can put custom art in them like this - https://www.resetera.com/threads/franceera-ot-omelette-du-fromage.1796/

can't wait for
Official Game PR |OT| - Unfunny Shitty In-joke Here
threads to go even further down the free marketing extension hole people have always wanted them to be

Drainage

« Reply #46384 on: December 04, 2018, 04:51:31 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/apple-shifting-marketing-staff-to-boost-lower-than-expected-iphone-sales.85023/

Pretty vanilla thread with seemingly normal discussion, but thread making privileges are revoked: Thread making privileges suspended (6 months): Consistent history of bad faith threads regarding phones

No posts or further explanation from the staff. The explanations must have changed from red text to transparent.

remy

• my hog is small but it is mighty
« Reply #46385 on: December 04, 2018, 05:13:58 PM »
apple fanboy mod got triggered  :lol

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #46386 on: December 04, 2018, 05:24:46 PM »

Thread making privileges suspended (6 months): Consistent history of bad faith threads regarding phones

Holy shit, this is a thing now?

:rejoice

That exchange  :lol

I wish mods would start handing out warning to people like you. What you posted is completely 100% false and a lie. It is higher resolution than any other LCD iPhone. That’s a fact, and no matter how much you hate Apple isn’t going to change that.

The iPhone 6 plus, released in 2014, has a higher resolution LCD screen. Do not threaten warnings and bans when you can't get your own facts straight.

I wasn’t aware warnings are the same as bans, and no where did I state he should be banned. Nor did I threaten him (which would be dumb because I’m not a mod?)

:doge

Propagandhim

« Reply #46387 on: December 04, 2018, 05:33:24 PM »
Broke:  Criticizing capitalism on a gaming enthusiast forum
Woke:  Revoking thread-creation for misleading others about consumer electronics on a gaming forum
Bespoke: Destroying your private property over a consumer electronic product and posting to it on a gaming forum

« Reply #46388 on: December 04, 2018, 05:41:07 PM »
dox an actual video game developer: 1 day, maybe, after much debate, a week later

besmirch phones: 6 months

fair and balanced

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #46389 on: December 04, 2018, 05:59:14 PM »
Imagine if he talked shit about Nintendo.

:lol

User Warned: "No True Nintendo Fan" disingenuous arguments, bringing up off-topic things to provoke

https://resetera.kiwifarms.net/search/actioned?u=TI92

jorma

« Reply #46390 on: December 04, 2018, 06:11:39 PM »
Imagine if he talked shit about Nintendo.

:lol

User Warned: "No True Nintendo Fan" disingenuous arguments, bringing up off-topic things to provoke

imagine if they held incelcior to this standard of conduct, she'd have around 20.000 bans right now  :lol

Drainage

« Reply #46391 on: December 04, 2018, 06:12:26 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/most-soulless-yet-well-made-games-youve-played.84981/

Quote from: Dardan Sandiego
I’d love to see people explain what they mean by a lack of "soul" because just like "magic" it’s become this nebulous term that is thrown out to diminish the work of hundreds of people.

Entitled gamers endangering the livelihoods of developers... again

Pepinappe

• Ass
« Reply #46392 on: December 04, 2018, 06:28:41 PM »
Wow, I actually liked GAF's forum layout more than Restitera. I guess that's what happens when you don't put m0dus in charge of design.

Tuckers Law

« Reply #46393 on: December 04, 2018, 06:31:34 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/most-soulless-yet-well-made-games-youve-played.84981/

Quote from: Dardan Sandiego
I’d love to see people explain what they mean by a lack of "soul" because just like "magic" it’s become this nebulous term that is thrown out to diminish the work of hundreds of people.

Entitled gamers endangering the livelihoods of developers... again
They better ban 'em quick, lest it become some sort of gameplayers gate.
Then the true power behind the Nazis shall be realized.

Jansen

« Reply #46394 on: December 04, 2018, 06:38:12 PM »
We are evaluating the impact of various features on site performance. You may see Bookmarks, Similar Threads, and other features come and go while we run tests.

« Last Edit: December 04, 2018, 06:52:15 PM by Jansen »

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX
« Reply #46395 on: December 04, 2018, 06:45:36 PM »
register Libertarian in order to meet drug dealers
:dead :dead :dead

spoiler (click to show/hide)
enjoy buying drugs from the Feds
spoiler (click to show/hide)
though I would suppose Nevada probably has a pretty decent Libertarian Party operation, comparatively
[close]
[close]

Do feds infiltrate state Libertarian parties.

benji's cover is blown

Mr. Nobody

• Groovy.
« Reply #46396 on: December 04, 2018, 07:37:32 PM »
The fuck happened to ResetEra?

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #46397 on: December 04, 2018, 07:50:16 PM »

Jansen

« Reply #46398 on: December 04, 2018, 08:13:02 PM »
Quote from: TI92, post: 15648105, member: 4102
Don't actually see what I did wrong here... But I will leave that conversation between myself and the mods. Just reporting on the news as usual

Lol

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX
« Reply #46399 on: December 04, 2018, 09:13:42 PM »
 :badass Neil Degrasse Tyson
 :ohyeah Neil Degrassi High

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #46400 on: December 04, 2018, 09:21:43 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/japan-is-wakanda-black-panther-video-essay.84851/

User is banned:(Duration pending) Posting racist talking points and similar previous infractions

Quote from: Slayven
Please consider the sources and quality of content you post in the future
:neogaf :heh :ahnuld2  :umad

OP got Slayvened!  Poor bastard's comic book brain can't see satire.  Actually it's parody because it's mocking the genre.

Guys, is this a joke!?

« Last Edit: December 04, 2018, 10:16:41 PM by clothedmacuser »
sigh

Jansen

« Reply #46401 on: December 04, 2018, 09:36:36 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/steams-competitors.85108/

People still stuff gabens cock in their ass?

Cauliflower Of Love

Shuri

Jansen

Bore Expert

« Reply #46405 on: December 04, 2018, 10:59:07 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/kinky-shit-i-can-get-my-friend-for-his-bachelors-party.85099/

Home boy has never ejaculated in his life (except for wet dreams). I need something he can absolutely ravage her asshole with. The weirder the better and Amazon is preferred (2 day shipping)

:whatisthis

counterhit

« Reply #46406 on: December 05, 2018, 12:22:38 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/japan-is-wakanda-black-panther-video-essay.84851/

User is banned:(Duration pending) Posting racist talking points and similar previous infractions

This is great bait

1. Wakanda is not Japan. And, Japan is not an isolationist ethno-state that has managed to preserve its culture free from Western colonization all the way to the present day.

Boredfrom

« Reply #46407 on: December 05, 2018, 12:48:53 AM »
T Challa’s dad actually watched Hollywood films and both T’Challa and his sister had a good grasp of western pop culture. You could argue that is not so much they were free from western influence and more like that the Elite (and their spy network) were the only ones having easy access to it.

The movie fucking points out that being isolated for so long was a shitty thing to do and is, deep down, a power play from the royal family. T’Challa calls out the past kings about this.

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #46408 on: December 05, 2018, 01:01:12 AM »
T Challa’s dad actually watched Hollywood films and both T’Challa and his sister had a good grasp of western pop culture. You could argue that is not so much they were free from western influence and more like that the Elite (and their spy network) were the only ones having easy access to it.

The movie fucking points out that being isolated for so long was a shitty thing to do and is, deep down, a power play from the royal family. T’Challa calls out the past kings about this.

Oooh.  I assumed the population in general got "what are those!!!!" memes, but that would be fucked up if the ruling class only allowed themselves access to that.  Sort of like Era thinking dumb people shouldn't watch Blazing Saddles because they will take away the wrong message.  Or that episode of King of the Hill where Kahn and his boss ban trans-fats but eat them themselves because they know they can do it "the right way."

Basically, Wakanda=Era=Arlen= Oceana.
sigh

Boredfrom

« Reply #46409 on: December 05, 2018, 01:15:40 AM »

Oooh.  I assumed the population in general got "what are those!!!!" memes, but that would be fucked up if the ruling class only allowed themselves access to that.  Sort of like Era thinking dumb people shouldn't watch Blazing Saddles because they will take away the wrong message.  Or that episode of King of the Hill where Kahn and his boss ban trans-fats but eat them themselves because they know they can do it "the right way."

Basically, Wakanda=Era=Arlen= Oceana.

Just speculation because that it is what most isolationist states tend to do (North Korea sending their rich kids to Western colleges). Then again, is most explicit in how they screwed Killmonger (that it was a heat of the moment political play than genuinely waiting to maintain Wakanda isolationism).

The film is smarter than most people give credit for, but is probably because deep down doesn’t really paint a pretty picture of Wakanda and sorta ruins the power fantasy.

benjipwns

« Reply #46411 on: December 05, 2018, 03:25:14 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/dice-celebrates-battlefield-vs-launch-with-everyonesbattlefield-r-battlefields-goes-up-in-flames.84698/post-15630521
Easy, we leave them all behind. They want to scream genocide, we give it to them. Encourage developers to make inclusive games and support inclusive games.
  :noooo

Boredfrom

« Reply #46412 on: December 05, 2018, 03:39:14 AM »

Boredfrom

« Reply #46413 on: December 05, 2018, 03:40:38 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/dice-celebrates-battlefield-vs-launch-with-everyonesbattlefield-r-battlefields-goes-up-in-flames.84698/post-15630521
Easy, we leave them all behind. They want to scream genocide, we give it to them. Encourage developers to make inclusive games and support inclusive games.
  :noooo

The avatar of that dude. :doge

benjipwns

« Reply #46414 on: December 05, 2018, 03:46:18 AM »

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #46415 on: December 05, 2018, 05:11:34 AM »
#everyonesbattlefield is such a funny, grotesque concept to me.
Inclusiveness and all that is a positive goal, but the idea of using the most devastating and bloodiest conflict in the history of humanity to trot out your trendy hashtag, feels comically out of place.
"Yes, don't worry, EVERYONE will be allowed to participate in the butchering of millions!"

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #46416 on: December 05, 2018, 05:29:47 AM »
Inclusiveness and all that is a positive goal, but the idea of using the most devastating and bloodiest conflict in the history of humanity to trot out your trendy hashtag, feels comically out of place.
"Yes, don't worry, EVERYONE will be allowed to participate in the butchering of millions!"

Not quite everyone. For some reason did Dice exclude any poc Nazis. I guess that's where historical context suddenly matters after all.  :thinking

Propagandhim

« Reply #46417 on: December 05, 2018, 05:31:05 AM »

Hey can you stop exporting all these resources to Germany, it's kinda screwing us.

Sweden: We're neutral, bro!  :badass

Hey, can you have a little more reverence and gravitas for your game about our war?

Sweden:  In 2018, it's everybody's war!  :badass

Honestly, why do we let them live?

benjipwns

« Reply #46418 on: December 05, 2018, 05:47:49 AM »
i honestly hope that everyone who is trying to exclude female characters from this game or any other game never gets a partner and stays alone forever. these people seriously have some major issues. I bet they also where ones who as a child had boys club only and though girls where "eeeeiiiuuwww" who cares about history correctness? why not include more female characters and hope that we can get more women to play games and have fun as we have for years...i recently got my girlfriend to play detroit becoming human and she only wanted to play the parts where you controlled Kara, now imagine what could have happend if there where more female characters in the game. I enjoyed watching her play and have fun in something i thought she would never enjoy with me...seriously fuck all these people who are trying to exclude women from anything.
fucking incel gamers man

Propagandhim

« Reply #46419 on: December 05, 2018, 06:01:57 AM »
.i recently got my girlfriend to play detroit becoming human and she only wanted to play the parts where you controlled Kara, now imagine what could have happend if there where more female characters in the game 

Imagine how it could have been.  It didn't have to be like this.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #46420 on: December 05, 2018, 06:03:46 AM »
If only we could've played as hero Eva Braun.
🤴

BisMarckie

« Reply #46421 on: December 05, 2018, 06:34:16 AM »
i honestly hope that everyone who is trying to exclude female characters from this game or any other game never gets a partner and stays alone forever. these people seriously have some major issues. I bet they also where ones who as a child had boys club only and though girls where "eeeeiiiuuwww" who cares about history correctness? why not include more female characters and hope that we can get more women to play games and have fun as we have for years...i recently got my girlfriend to play detroit becoming human and she only wanted to play the parts where you controlled Kara, now imagine what could have happend if there where more female characters in the game. I enjoyed watching her play and have fun in something i thought she would never enjoy with me...seriously fuck all these people who are trying to exclude women from anything.
fucking incel gamers man

subjecting anyone to David Cage games :goty :goty2

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #46422 on: December 05, 2018, 07:11:53 AM »
Hey, that last David Cage game had a concentration camp for the robots. That's pretty cool.

BisMarckie

« Reply #46423 on: December 05, 2018, 07:37:50 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/canadian-radio-stations-are-pulling-baby-its-cold-outside-from-their-holiday-playlists.85181/

Got Into an argument with my mom about this. she said it was silly and people are too sensitive these days smh. I tried to explain how creepy the lyrics are but i don't think i got through to her.

Wow, people are just openly mansplaining on resetera. And people are surprised that women are leaving this forum in droves.

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #46425 on: December 05, 2018, 07:45:30 AM »
🍆🍆

BisMarckie

« Reply #46426 on: December 05, 2018, 07:48:14 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/welcome-to-resetera-2-0-report-bugs-here.84593/post-15656365

They don't want to implement anything outside of standard forum functions or XenForo marketplace plugins. Multiple community members, including myself, have offered to implement features and protections for the community, but unless it's something they can toggle in the official distribution or a plugin, it's "not doable", even though some of the "not doables" are literally 2 weeks of work to implement, test, and ship.

Bit of a shame considering how this forum came into existence, and community has maybe what, 2% involvement at best in the decisions of what this site does?

I'd much prefer they just say they don't want to take community code submissions because they don't want to sort out copyright/licensing rather than tell us a feature that can't be done that is literally a feature that has been done.

:whew

User banned (1 week): This post was not made in good faith. Extensive history of misinformation and hostility against staff in public and private across a large number of posts and PMs.

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #46427 on: December 05, 2018, 08:00:28 AM »
The lack of Key and Peele in that thread is not surprising.

http://www.cc.com/video-clips/btjecx/key-and-peele-just-stay-for-the-night

benjipwns

« Reply #46428 on: December 05, 2018, 08:02:08 AM »
It's baffling really, for a site that was made by the community for the community the community are largely ignored when it suits.
:hitler

benjipwns

« Reply #46429 on: December 05, 2018, 08:09:59 AM »
Many of the features we have included, like the Quick Jump navigation, the per-user ability to toggle buttons and disable avatars on the thread list, the Non-Binary Gender Option, the fact that gender displays on profile pop-ups at all, etc are features that are neither native to XF2.0 nor available via plugin. These we spent considerable hours and effort and other resources developing ourselves, based on community feedback.
"other resources" means unmarked bills right?

also that list is pathetic

FStop7

« Reply #46430 on: December 05, 2018, 08:12:05 AM »
The reality is that all Christmas music sucks ass and should be banned for any possible reasons.

benjipwns

« Reply #46431 on: December 05, 2018, 08:15:05 AM »
Truth be told this wasn't actually tested was it? Why insist on adding so many features and trying to make it UI rich when it's just a forum? I feel like ERA updates are just being done for the sake of being done and your going to kill your user base this way if you don't stop. Just stop adding crap everywhere to fill the screen, hell even GAF looks prettier in their re-do and they still offer classic styles.

Get your shit together and actually test things properly. This is Fallout 76 for websites.
reported for bad faith misinformation, vilifying forum administrators

BisMarckie

« Reply #46432 on: December 05, 2018, 08:18:20 AM »

"other resources" means unmarked bills right?

also that list is pathetic

Look how suddenly people,who call to assassinate Trump are banned. I think resetera has received some BIG CONSERVATIVE MONEY to pay for these massive upgrades.

Follow the money :money

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #46433 on: December 05, 2018, 08:19:52 AM »
The reality is that all Christmas music sucks ass and should be banned for any possible reasons.

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
« Reply #46434 on: December 05, 2018, 08:34:30 AM »

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #46435 on: December 05, 2018, 08:44:35 AM »
Calling for a Frank Sinatra ban is grounds for a ban I say
What

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #46436 on: December 05, 2018, 08:45:17 AM »

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #46437 on: December 05, 2018, 08:55:26 AM »

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #46438 on: December 05, 2018, 09:03:16 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/welcome-to-resetera-2-0-report-bugs-here.84593/post-15656365

They don't want to implement anything outside of standard forum functions or XenForo marketplace plugins. Multiple community members, including myself, have offered to implement features and protections for the community, but unless it's something they can toggle in the official distribution or a plugin, it's "not doable", even though some of the "not doables" are literally 2 weeks of work to implement, test, and ship.

Bit of a shame considering how this forum came into existence, and community has maybe what, 2% involvement at best in the decisions of what this site does?

I'd much prefer they just say they don't want to take community code submissions because they don't want to sort out copyright/licensing rather than tell us a feature that can't be done that is literally a feature that has been done.

:whew

User banned (1 week): This post was not made in good faith. Extensive history of misinformation and hostility against staff in public and private across a large number of posts and PMs.

"Extensive history of misinformation and hostility against staff in public and private across a large number of posts and PMs."

Are they looking at people's PMs?  That's some shower goblin-level shit right there.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2018, 09:22:48 AM by bork »
ど助平

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #46439 on: December 05, 2018, 09:14:34 AM »
He wants extra-marital sex? He can afford a high end escort.

He wants an emotional and sexual bond? He can divorce his fucking wife so women who work for him understand he's back on the market. My GF would NOT have accepted a "cheese and wine" invite at some bachelor's pad.

:doge