Author Topic: Other Forums |OT| ♀ C O R E V A L U E S ♀ Sponsored By THQNordic  (Read 5903729 times)

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
Re: Other Forums Trash Thread for Other Forums' Trash |OT| That ain't it, chief
« Reply #46680 on: December 06, 2018, 12:55:09 PM »
I thought Benji.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #46681 on: December 06, 2018, 12:55:24 PM »

Is hecht an era?

If you want to talk about the hect thing.. talk about it.

That's not what you were talking about in the post I quoted.

I mean, clearly ERA doesn't fully endorse doxxing people. They ban people who shared information considered "doxxed" or any person actively "doxxing".

*snipped*

I don't disagree with any of this really. 

People still exagerate like crazy here; they do the same shit that some people from era do about Twitter or Reddit or any site w/ a mix of people.

Twitter and Reddit are big enough and diverse enough that you can't pin down a single culture.

RE has a culture, enforced by the mods. Of course there are individual variances within that culture, and other individuals that are merely among that culture without participating in it, but there is definitely a predominant culture there that is as marrec described.
Lmao reddit boards are literally the fucking definition of echo chambers  :o :yuck

I'm guessing from the few grammatical errors in your posts so far that english is not your first language, so i'll state this as plainly as possible.

Reddit's users do not have similar ideologies or beliefs, and no ideologies are enforced. On a single reddit board however, the users might have very similar ideological stances, and can be grouped together as an ideological group. For instance one might say "r/redpill is filled with a bunch of sad mysogynists" but no-one would say that about reddit as a whole.

Resetera does share a common ideological standard. This is plain in the content that is discussed, as well as how the discussion is curated by moderation. I wouldn't say that it is shared by all users of the site, but colloquially when someone says "resetera is mysogynistic towards republican women" they're not saying all users engage in it, just that it happens, and that when it does it's allowed and rarely admonished.

>Conspiracy
>We are literally on a forum where a professional doxxer hangs around
OOOK

We'll hold a trial for resetbanbot if resetera holds one for hecht

marrec

« Reply #46682 on: December 06, 2018, 12:57:45 PM »
I thought Benji.

I thought Benji too but he does it for free so he's not a professional

Tiops

« Reply #46683 on: December 06, 2018, 12:58:02 PM »
Apparently you don't look down enough to understand why Era users were paranoid.

Okay, let's pretend that it was a totally valid matter of operational security and not a clever ruse to get some FOMO fermenting by making it seem like resetera was the hot new invite only secret members club.

Why is that attitude still encouraged today?
If someone wants to sign up to troll, they can.
Why is the default response to saying things like "we should wait on the facts" when a twitter J'Accuse occurs met with "hmm, seems suspicious someone wouldn't want to dogpile with the rest of us, whys your account set to private? How long have you been posting? What other threads have you not immediately jumped to conclusions in?"
Because there are like 3 forums obsessed over Era including Voat and fucking lolcow again. Also you can register on the site just fine. Even the Bore requires approval.

Actually, almost every community is obsessed about shit people say on places with opposite opinions. Era also loves to report on every "phobic" thing people are posting over Twitter, Reddit, etc. It's a fun activity to see insane people say shit. We have tons of subreddits for that.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #46684 on: December 06, 2018, 12:58:26 PM »
stop engaging with this ratfuck bananas you donkeys

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #46685 on: December 06, 2018, 12:59:37 PM »
Only because you didn't ask nicely.

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #46686 on: December 06, 2018, 01:00:07 PM »
I like that kevin hart thread, because they're all trying to claim Hart is the same person he was ten years ago.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/old-homophobic-kevin-hart-comments-surfaced.85336/page-12

The fuck have they done?

https://www.uncf.org/news/entry/kevin-harts-help-from-the-hart-charity-launches-a-new-600k-scholarship-prog

Fucking clownshoe era morons.

Bananas

« Reply #46687 on: December 06, 2018, 01:00:33 PM »

Is hecht an era?

If you want to talk about the hect thing.. talk about it.

That's not what you were talking about in the post I quoted.

I mean, clearly ERA doesn't fully endorse doxxing people. They ban people who shared information considered "doxxed" or any person actively "doxxing".

*snipped*

I don't disagree with any of this really. 

People still exagerate like crazy here; they do the same shit that some people from era do about Twitter or Reddit or any site w/ a mix of people.

Twitter and Reddit are big enough and diverse enough that you can't pin down a single culture.

RE has a culture, enforced by the mods. Of course there are individual variances within that culture, and other individuals that are merely among that culture without participating in it, but there is definitely a predominant culture there that is as marrec described.
Lmao reddit boards are literally the fucking definition of echo chambers  :o :yuck

I'm guessing from the few grammatical errors in your posts so far that english is not your first language, so i'll state this as plainly as possible.

Reddit's users do not have similar ideologies or beliefs, and no ideologies are enforced. On a single reddit board however, the users might have very similar ideological stances, and can be grouped together as an ideological group. For instance one might say "r/redpill is filled with a bunch of sad mysogynists" but no-one would say that about reddit as a whole.

Resetera does share a common ideological standard. This is plain in the content that is discussed, as well as how the discussion is curated by moderation. I wouldn't say that it is shared by all users of the site, but colloquially when someone says "resetera is mysogynistic towards republican women" they're not saying all users engage in it, just that it happens and that when it does it's allowed.

>Conspiracy
>We are literally on a forum where a professional doxxer hangs around
OOOK

We'll hold a trial for resetbanbot if resetera holds one for hecht
Irrilevant because you discuss on the boards themselves. Reddit is a collection of boards and they are a bunch of echo chambers they make Era and this place look normal.

They have fucking upvotes for posts  :lol

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #46688 on: December 06, 2018, 01:02:41 PM »
I like that kevin hart thread, because they're all trying to claim Hart is the same person he was ten years ago.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/old-homophobic-kevin-hart-comments-surfaced.85336/page-12

The fuck have they done?

https://www.uncf.org/news/entry/kevin-harts-help-from-the-hart-charity-launches-a-new-600k-scholarship-prog

Fucking clownshoe era morons.

More like Kevin Shart.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
©@©™

BlackBuzzard

« Reply #46690 on: December 06, 2018, 01:03:55 PM »

Now just think if they reversed it and the outrage that would cause.

PsychoBee

« Reply #46691 on: December 06, 2018, 01:04:40 PM »
Oh no why were these normal people afraid to get doxxed.  Shouldn't have tried to protect themselves because it makes me mad.
??? im not mad at all, i think its funny tbh

I joined era at launch too & was under no delusion i was at risk of being doxxed, bc i know that i'm an insignificant number & dont even register on most peoples radars- thats the majority of people

& I alr said why they were afraid to get doxxed above, a naive sense of self importance, the very idea that posting on a videogame message board suddenly makes you public enemy #1 is wild, literally no one cares that much about era, its just a gold mine for comedy bc of how reactionary and extra a lot of the more prominent members are

ultimately those people just wanted to feel important, they wanted to feel as if they were being persecuted and that they were notable enough to be targeted, but in reality unless u go out of ur way to stand out, most people on ur own forum at best will kinda recognize ur username/avatar combo, but people who only go there to find some of the stupid posts? theyll only recognize the ones who make themselves stand out and make themselves a target, & even then- if doxxing were to actually happen, it wouldve happened by now, its not like era is suddenly safe bc the site has been launched, but most people just dont care bc era isnt that important
dumb

Bananas

« Reply #46692 on: December 06, 2018, 01:05:06 PM »
Lol boogie you still are fat

marrec

« Reply #46693 on: December 06, 2018, 01:05:50 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

thats... the point?

jorma

« Reply #46694 on: December 06, 2018, 01:06:00 PM »
I thought Benji.

I thought Benji too but he does it for free so he's not a professional

i think he might just be stanning convicted pedophile amir0x, who undoubtedly was doxxed here on a number of occasions

Bananas

« Reply #46695 on: December 06, 2018, 01:06:08 PM »
Oh no why were these normal people afraid to get doxxed.  Shouldn't have tried to protect themselves because it makes me mad.
??? im not mad at all, i think its funny tbh

I joined era at launch too & was under no delusion i was at risk of being doxxed, bc i know that i'm an insignificant number & dont even register on most peoples radars- thats the majority of people

& I alr said why they were afraid to get doxxed above, a naive sense of self importance, the very idea that posting on a videogame message board suddenly makes you public enemy #1 is wild, literally no one cares that much about era, its just a gold mine for comedy bc of how reactionary and extra a lot of the more prominent members are

ultimately those people just wanted to feel important, they wanted to feel as if they were being persecuted and that they were notable enough to be targeted, but in reality unless u go out of ur way to stand out, most people on ur own forum at best will kinda recognize ur username/avatar combo, but people who only go there to find some of the stupid posts? theyll only recognize the ones who make themselves stand out and make themselves a target, & even then- if doxxing were to actually happen, it wouldve happened by now, its not like era is suddenly safe bc the site has been launched, but most people just dont care bc era isnt that important
Good for you. Some people did given lolcow history and they were completely justified.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #46696 on: December 06, 2018, 01:12:00 PM »

The phrase "don't judge a book by its cover" exists for a reason.
Let's not forget proto-eras complaints about Far Cry 4s racist and homophobic content (based solely on the cover art)

paprikastaude

« Reply #46697 on: December 06, 2018, 01:12:49 PM »

Yikes, associating pink with girls :exxy

thetylerrob

« Reply #46698 on: December 06, 2018, 01:14:33 PM »
Get offended by corporate virtue signaling brehs

PogiJones

« Reply #46699 on: December 06, 2018, 01:16:49 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-game-awards-2018-ot-prime-time-television.85456/page-6#post-15705417

Shame to see Geoff offer invites to people like Boogie and consider him a friend. Will still watch to support Geoff but inviting people with such trash "opinions" that marginalise minority groups isn't a good look.
Not watching anymore, this is disgusting

https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-game-awards-2018-ot-prime-time-television.85456/page-5#post-15704382

The Boogie - Geoff tweet prolly deserves its own thread. I dunno.

Its pretty disappointing.
I hope someone makes a topic.

That's it. Drive away every last relevant industry person.  :gun :gun :gun

Bananas

« Reply #46700 on: December 06, 2018, 01:20:16 PM »
Apparently you don't look down enough to understand why Era users were paranoid.

Okay, let's pretend that it was a totally valid matter of operational security and not a clever ruse to get some FOMO fermenting by making it seem like resetera was the hot new invite only secret members club.

Why is that attitude still encouraged today?
If someone wants to sign up to troll, they can.
Why is the default response to saying things like "we should wait on the facts" when a twitter J'Accuse occurs met with "hmm, seems suspicious someone wouldn't want to dogpile with the rest of us, whys your account set to private? How long have you been posting? What other threads have you not immediately jumped to conclusions in?"
Because there are like 3 forums obsessed over Era including Voat and fucking lolcow again. Also you can register on the site just fine. Even the Bore requires approval.

Actually, almost every community is obsessed about shit people say on places with opposite opinions. Era also loves to report on every "phobic" thing people are posting over Twitter, Reddit, etc. It's a fun activity to see insane people say shit. We have tons of subreddits for that.
Bizzarre comparison. What Era members do on Twitter has no relation to Era.

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #46701 on: December 06, 2018, 01:22:30 PM »
 :no1curr :no1curr

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #46702 on: December 06, 2018, 01:23:38 PM »
Don't make me give your boss another call.

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #46703 on: December 06, 2018, 01:24:29 PM »
Don't make me give your boss another call.

:ltg

Cryo

« Reply #46704 on: December 06, 2018, 01:25:06 PM »
will you leave if we ban resetbanbot

if so, I’m for it

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #46705 on: December 06, 2018, 01:30:13 PM »
Lol boogie you still are fat
:wag what would a Ree-er actually say? "You're still horizontally challenged"
What would Besada say if xe saw such wanton alt-right hate from you?
que

SmokyDave

« Reply #46706 on: December 06, 2018, 01:31:44 PM »
I got doxxed once;  it turned an amicable-ish divorce into a six figure loss on my side.

Feels bad man.
If you collect figures, I’m surprised you were married in the first place.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #46707 on: December 06, 2018, 01:34:32 PM »

That's it. Drive away every last relevant industry person.  :gun :gun :gun

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #46709 on: December 06, 2018, 01:42:18 PM »
first booger ruined monday night football, now he's ruining the sacredness of the game awards too? :maf

BisMarckie

« Reply #46711 on: December 06, 2018, 01:47:01 PM »
Here we go

https://www.resetera.com/threads/boogie2988-invited-to-the-game-awards-famous-champion-of-both-sides-in-regards-to-white-supremacy.85492/

:gddr5

Geoff has been asked all year to get rid of trending gamer and to stop inviting Boogie and the like. He's seen it, he knows what they've done.

Geoff loves Nazi's

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #46712 on: December 06, 2018, 01:48:35 PM »
tbh at this point i wouldn't be shocked if geoff just dropped an okay sign during the awards like the nazi he is. probably says nicca when he sings (known nazi) kanye songs too

BisMarckie

« Reply #46713 on: December 06, 2018, 01:50:10 PM »
Would definitely suggest throwing some twitter links to them showcasing some of the many dumb things Boogie says on a regular basis.

#TheResistance #activism

BisMarckie

« Reply #46714 on: December 06, 2018, 01:51:07 PM »
I'm sick of having to explain why including Boogie in this stuff oppresses people. It hurts.

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #46715 on: December 06, 2018, 01:51:45 PM »
Oh no, even God Cory Barlog fell to the sweet sounds of Boogies siren voice

https://twitter.com/Boogie2988/status/1070516523159060480

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #46716 on: December 06, 2018, 01:52:46 PM »
If Reggie or Miyamoto shakes Boogie's hand REEE will melt.  :rejoice
🤴

BisMarckie

« Reply #46717 on: December 06, 2018, 01:53:17 PM »
He doesn't care that publicly associating with them and handing them awards supports white supremacy

:rejoice

PogiJones

« Reply #46718 on: December 06, 2018, 01:53:31 PM »
Cory Balrog is next!

https://www.resetera.com/threads/boogie2988-invited-to-the-game-awards-famous-champion-of-both-sides-in-regards-to-white-supremacy.85492/page-2#post-15707359

If Cory is going to defend shitbags like this, then yes, he can fuck right off too.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #46719 on: December 06, 2018, 01:53:48 PM »
and honestly, it really feels like a lot of them really fucking want another #gamergate so that they can have a nice cassus belli to act like complete shitbags to people but excuse their own behaviours under a blanket of zealous justice

:mynicca
Uncle

BisMarckie

« Reply #46720 on: December 06, 2018, 01:54:14 PM »
Oh no, even God Cory Barlog fell to the sweet sounds of Boogies siren voice

https://twitter.com/Boogie2988/status/1070516523159060480

Me too. Glad I didn’t buy God of War and rented it from GameFly instead.

:salute

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #46721 on: December 06, 2018, 01:54:30 PM »
so much impotent rage on ree because someone likes someone they dont

#Sub2PewDiePie

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #46723 on: December 06, 2018, 01:56:17 PM »
If Reggie or Miyamoto shakes Boogie's hand REEE will melt.  :rejoice
I hope they do an entire treehouse together, Calcium deletes his own forum in a rage and becomes a camgirl and part time youtube ppv mud-wrestler

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #46724 on: December 06, 2018, 01:57:05 PM »
I'm sick of having to explain why including Boogie in this stuff oppresses people. It hurts.

only if he sits on you :heh

PogiJones

« Reply #46725 on: December 06, 2018, 01:57:18 PM »
nor do I back anything off

Alright I take it all back Resetera is just as bad as you guys say it is.

:ufup

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #46726 on: December 06, 2018, 01:57:46 PM »

You've said this like five times in the past month after stanning for them.  :doge

---

I do like that they've run out of people to argue directly, that they just say "fuck off" into the ether.

"Fuck off" used to be a great segue in forum banter to another response.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #46727 on: December 06, 2018, 01:58:22 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/boogie2988-invited-to-the-game-awards-famous-champion-of-both-sides-in-regards-to-white-supremacy.85492/post-15707157
I mean this in the most polite way possible: What discussion is this thread intending to start?

here's the impolite version

marrec

« Reply #46728 on: December 06, 2018, 01:58:35 PM »

It really is hard to deny when people post "I'm glad I rented God of War instead of buying it" with absolutely zero shame in response to Balrog being cordial to Boogie lol

stufte

« Reply #46729 on: December 06, 2018, 02:00:17 PM »
Eventually no one is going to be ideologically pure enough for REE.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #46730 on: December 06, 2018, 02:00:41 PM »

The only videogame award show I have ever watched. Something tells me Mchale might have watched Norm's performance at the 2013 Youtube live show and emulated it a little

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #46731 on: December 06, 2018, 02:01:21 PM »
the forum will consist of only locked threads with 1 stickied mod post each.

marrec

« Reply #46732 on: December 06, 2018, 02:02:45 PM »

Like every chemical reaction, eventually we will reach a tipping point in the "guilt by association" matrix in which everyone who has ever lived is guilty of being nazi-adjacent because of some associate or acquaintance. My guess is that happens when Kevin Bacon is seen shaking hands with Joe Rogan.

Like a prion disease run rampant through the brain, inevitably activist left society will fold in on itself and eat what remains of an already shrinking brain.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #46733 on: December 06, 2018, 02:06:07 PM »

Like every chemical reaction, eventually we will reach a tipping point in the "guilt by association" matrix in which everyone who has ever lived is guilty of being nazi-adjacent because of some associate or acquaintance. My guess is that happens when Kevin Bacon is seen shaking hands with Joe Rogan.

Like a prion disease run rampant through the brain, inevitably activist left society will fold in on itself and eat what remains of an already shrinking brain.

Someday Kevin Bacon will be dead just like Hitler is dead which will put him within six degrees of anyone
Uncle

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #46734 on: December 06, 2018, 02:09:51 PM »
the forum will consist of only locked threads with 1 stickied mod post each.

While will read "We believe this discussion has run its course and is no longer productive."
ὕβρις

stufte

« Reply #46735 on: December 06, 2018, 02:10:10 PM »

Someday Kevin Bacon will be dead just like Hitler is dead which will put him within six degrees of anyone

Oh hey, I'm a HUGE fan of the dude who killed Hitler.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #46736 on: December 06, 2018, 02:14:40 PM »

:ufup

PogiJones

« Reply #46737 on: December 06, 2018, 02:17:50 PM »
That’s....the joke

Just bringin' it all home  :american

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #46738 on: December 06, 2018, 02:18:33 PM »
i skimmed that thread and all i see is a bunch of fuckers eating their own snot in public

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #46739 on: December 06, 2018, 02:19:09 PM »

Showing support for actual murderers rather than their victims smh
Uncle