Author Topic: Other Forums |OT| ♀ C O R E V A L U E S ♀ Sponsored By THQNordic  (Read 5881084 times)

BisMarckie

Other than DK and Spyro, the Crash games on PSX were actually good. :ufup

BisMarckie

I liked DK64 more than Mario64

DK64 is the greatest DK game ever. It's PEAK N64 platforming adventure collect-a-thons and is better than Mario 64 and the Banjo games. It's a mis understood classic.
:trigger

BisMarckie

Crash Team Racing > Mario Kart 64

I liked them because they worked well within the limitations of the hardware which I preferred over the full fledged 3D games which always looked kinda terrible.:trumps

agrajag

lies, nothing is > than MK64

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
I seek out cringe videos and such, due to what can only be described as a great character flaw in me, and now absolutely loving that nintendo podcast

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
CTR shits on any Mario Kart games, and this is a truth fact.

Boredfrom

I liked DK64 more than Mario64

DK64 is the greatest DK game ever. It's PEAK N64 platforming adventure collect-a-thons and is better than Mario 64 and the Banjo games. It's a mis understood classic.

I like DK64 but is nowhere better than Mario or Banjo.

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
ust one month for that. No wonder the physically deformed are leaving the site in droves.
They took it down to one week! Clemency! :)
每天生气

Drainage

I mean CTR was better than SMK and MK64 when it came out but MKDS is for sure a better game.

thetylerrob

Snowboard Kids 1 & 2 >>>> your kiddy bullshit kart racing shit

paprikastaude

as someone who only played Crash Kart a few years back, but hundreds of hours of Mario Kart in my life prior, I can confirm. I don't care if people shit on the platformers, but Crash racing is certified GOAT.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

agrajag

F Zero X is the best non-realistic racing game, come at me horsefuckers.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
Come to think of it.

Nintendo published SEGA's best game,

F-Zero GX
🤴

Tokyosandblaster

Nah brah, that's Burnout 3.

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty

It's criminal how underloved Sega Allstars Racing Transformed is, you can race through a Skies of Arcadia ship battle and it's awesome

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
https://www.resetera.com/threads/era-of-nintendo-podcast-episode-2-is-out-podcast-by-nintendo-era-community-members.91336/

"podcast by Nintendo Era community members"

:jeanluc

I think that piano opening is a reference to Paul F. Tompkins's Spontaneanation.  Spontaneanation is an improv comedy show where accomplished comedians do improv in absurd skits and situations.

Yet on Spontaneanation they are comedians.  Not random assholes.  Dear lord, this is the perfect encapsulation of how Era doesn't know humor or comedy.  They think because something is packaged as a joke that makes it a joke.  If those Epic Movie, Disaster Movie, Date movie, pieces of shit were liberal they would eat it up.

sigh

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
Thread appears to be made in bad faith to misrepresent Pelosi's statement and is closed for further replies.

:trumps

But yeah Pelosi literally said: "I think all lives matter"  :lol
🤴

Jansen

Shh Nancy is a savior right now

paprikastaude

Burnout 3 :playa
F-Zero GX :ohyeah
Crash Team Racing :delicious

Wipeout :nope Make a future-racer that has a retiree's speed and music selection brehs.

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
piano opening that keeps going for like 30 minutes.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
Do we also have 'that weirdo' that thinks kirby air ride is best fun racer of all time?
🤴

EightBitNate

• I don’t wanna be horny anymore, I wanna be happy
Do we also have 'that weirdo' that thinks kirby air ride is best fun racer of all time?

They’re not wrong...

paprikastaude

https://www.resetera.com/threads/era-of-nintendo-podcast-episode-2-is-out-podcast-by-nintendo-era-community-members.91336/

I challenge everyone to listen to the first minute of this podcast.

https://m.soundcloud.com/era-of-nintendo/episode-2-nintendo-in-2019and-kid-icarus-rabbids

Well, I failed.  Pretty much did this as soon as the first guy started talking and cut it off:

I rather read The Bire's shit thread at work than actually open this up for real.

Jansen

They’re not wrong...

Diddy long racing the bestt

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0

I think that piano opening is a reference to Paul F. Tompkins's Spontaneanation.  Spontaneanation is an improv comedy show where accomplished comedians do improv in absurd skits and situations.

Yet on Spontaneanation they are comedians.  Not random assholes.  Dear lord, this is the perfect encapsulation of how Era doesn't know humor or comedy.  They think because something is packaged as a joke that makes it a joke.  If those Epic Movie, Disaster Movie, Date movie, pieces of shit were liberal they would eat it up.

Yeah, pretty much the reason why Trump jokes fail to be funny. Comedian like Barry Crimmins shitting on Reagan was funny. The jokes on Bush were funny (the Colbert correspondant's dinner was amazing). But shitting on Trump, when he is already publicly a joke, just makes you lazy. There's nothing subversive or unique about it.

BikeJesus

Diddy King Racing and Sonic Allstar Racing Transformed are the best Kart racers.

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
Burnout 3 :playa
F-Zero GX :ohyeah
Crash Team Racing :delicious

Wipeout :nope Make a future-racer that has a retiree's speed and music selection brehs.

:rejoice

Or Road Rash.
sigh

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
The first comment on Imran's essay

It's bad when you know exactly who wrote an article before even reading it.

"Our Take"
Speculation about the mysterious lives of players will happen as long as society maintains and encourages parasocial relationships with people they've never met, but I genuinely do not believe any of this would happen to this extent if Ellie's name was Steve and she was a man. I don't think it's even arguable that it would. Even if she wasn't who she says – a claim for which there is zero evidence but let's engage the hypothetical – what right does anyone else really have to know? The claims of esports being a meritocracy where anyone can be good enough to be a part of the club as long as they can play have long been suspect, but this saga essentially proves them wrong. It is no longer about whether you can play, it's about whether you can prove yourself worthy of the onus we put upon you.
:dead

:neogaf

Profsional and anonymous gamers showing up to the game awards like

Men acting like women on the internet and getting caught in the act is like the oldest internet trick in the book you fucking weirdo.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2019, 07:25:37 PM by Nintex »
🤴

Drainage

It's criminal how underloved Sega Allstars Racing Transformed is, you can race through a Skies of Arcadia ship battle and it's awesome

Launching what could have been a high-attach rate console kart racer 7 years into the generation and failing to port it to the new systems that launched less than a year later was criminally stupid.

And if that was criminally stupid, I don’t know what to call using the same name as the unheralded earlier game and just sticking Transformed on the end. I don’t think many moms and casuals understood it was a new game for sale or why they should care.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
Chocobo Racing on the PS1 is the best kart racer ever

The weapon/item system is awesome and it has a bunch of classic Final Fantasy remixes

And you can unlock Cloud and Squall and Aya from Parasite Eve in a cop car
Uncle

PogiJones

He's a Senior Staff Writer at a "Mulitplayer First" news site despite his inability to spell and his lack of cursory knowledge on how multiplayer works in one of the biggest (multiplayer) games of this generation.

:stahp

Mulitplayer
  :doge

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
 "Multiplayer First"

Sounds a lot like you know.... Nazi's ain't slick.
🤴

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
Wouldn't the gender of an anonymous e-sport Player be unknown?  :thinking

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
Wouldn't the gender of an anonymous e-sport Player be unknown?  :thinking

People assumed xer gender.
©@©™

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
I've decided to retire.

from what?

from nothing, there's too much work to be done.

EightBitNate

• I don’t wanna be horny anymore, I wanna be happy
https://www.resetera.com/threads/female-overwatch-contenders-player-steps-down-from-team-after-conspiracy-from-male-players-up-confirmed-not-the-one-playing.91189/page-12

This thread follows the same process many other threads follow:

- something “outrageous” happens in the face of social justice
- RE freaks out
- turns out to be a hoax
- pages of “it sucks because racists/sexists will bring this up next time something outrageous happens” posts

Another example: https://www.resetera.com/threads/muslim-youtuber-dina-tokio-reads-45-minute-worth-of-vile-comments-after-she-announced-that-she-would-stop-wearing-the-hijab.91559/#post-16580051

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
plus trump is going to jail

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
I like to think that if Stanley Milgram was still alive, he'd be pretending to be a girl in Overwatch.

Jansen

https://www.resetera.com/threads/drake-fondles-and-kisses-17-year-old-girl-in-recently-surfaced-concert-footage.91507/page-7#post-16580874

Quote from: JayBee, post: 16580874, member: 50537
It seems the law is our aurhority and is what decides morale. I say this because the age for being an adult and ready for intimitate relationships differs from place to place. Me personally I think 18 is the perfect chosen age as it's close to certain that someone is ready, maybe also decided by scientific research? I dont know.

About drake and the 17 year old. I think 17 not being too far off from 18 could make this forgivable if only it really were a mistake that he didnt know about. I find being hell bent on the number is a bit too irrational cuz every individual has a different biological clock

Quote from: JayBee, post: 16580975, member: 50537
I know. Im just talking about the age really. The harassment/assault part has all my rejection. I just find it interesting how authorities work throughout the ages. For a long time it had been a higher power like gods and nowadays its human experience which its different from place to place and changes through time as well. Its quite an interesting subject imo

I reject the assault part fully. That was not what my comment was aimed at. I didnt know it was assault because I only read the OP. Such things were never normal in my book but I know that norms have differed from mine in this for a long time so seeing the rejections of this is a good thing to see.

Quote from: JayBee, post: 16581175, member: 50537
Not a passion, just an interesting subject. Dont forget ResetERA is an international forum with a diversity of many cultures. If I say my country/authority told me this is the right way and you tell me no my authority god told me this is the right way then who is really right. What makes things right is science and that which we agree upon. For example walking shirtless is only allowed by males today while for a female its a crime. Even here on Era posting a shirtless male is ok compared to a shirtless woman. Are we still moraly backwards with that? Will we think we are in 10 years?

Quote from: JayBee, post: 16581305, member: 50537
I come from a different culture so the differences has always been a subject in our circles among ourselves. U need to be able to speak about authorities of morale outside the harm principle, which drake is obviously trespassing. Its the age part which I was commenting about

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night
https://twitter.com/Slasher/status/1081735981949218816

The one thing I would like to know is why Kotaku, Game Informer, et al. aren't trying to source what actually happened.

shosta

I find being hell bent on the number is a bit too irrational cuz every individual has a different biological clock
yikes
oof
每天生气

agrajag

I find being hell bent on the number is a bit too irrational cuz every individual has a different biological clock
yikes
woof

ftfy

shosta

https://www.resetera.com/threads/do-you-%E2%80%9Ccall-in-sick%E2%80%9D-or-%E2%80%9Ccall-out-sick%E2%80%9D.91539/

My stance is the same as it was in the other thread. You can call in to work for LOTS of reasons, but you only ever call out sick. You don't call out to work to get their lunch orders or call out to your boss to see what hours you work the next week.

:maf :maf :maf :maf :maf :maf :maf :maf :maf

I view it as :

* I’m “calling” to let my boss know I’m “out sick”

Whereas it seems you view it as

* I’m “calling in” to let me boss know I’m “sick”.

:mindblown

I use both.

:rage :rage :rage

In CT if you told a co worker that someone "called in" they would wonder where that person was as they don't see them in the building. It makes no logical sense.
:crazy
每天生气

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
Now imagine if REE took all the energy and instead of virtue signalling for imaginary internet "woke points" they put it towards something positive

que

Jansen

Digitalop is unhinged as all fucking hell but the mods won't ban him no matter what

Boredfrom

Man, for one I get why people are mad about it... but in another hand DigitalOp is a dumbass... this could be fun...

headwalk

• brutal deluxe

micro machines 2 mate.

Boredfrom

She doesn’t fully support it because real talk the movement is too polarizing for people.

I mean, Reee still thinks that being a politician and calling the president a motherfucker is acceptable (even if the president is indeed a motherfucker) but comedians need to police themselves.

Pelosi belongs to the establishment. what did y'all expect?

doesn't change the fact everyone needs to vote dem come the general election.

a shame nonetheless. establishment dems still out of touch with minorities.

:doge

We are getting other 4 years of Trump, doesn’t it?

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
imagine trying to run for the democrat ticket and saying anything at all about anything in 2019. what a dumbass.