Author Topic: Other Forums |OT| ♀ C O R E V A L U E S ♀ Sponsored By THQNordic  (Read 5900370 times)

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
Finally some black representation in Smash.

[Edit] Not supposed to be funny, especially when you think about some strange picks in Spirits mode.
:lol

Anti-Monitor

https://www.resetera.com/threads/new-smash-bros-glitch-where-everyone-is-black.91346/

People make the obvious joke and some of them get buttblasted mad over it. Dangerously low levels of slick.
What a fucking sad bunch of joyless motherfuckers

benjipwns

remember you're all supposed to be here at Nintendo of America HQ with me protesting in 2019 :punch

don't know how much longer i can keep posting, they keep moving me farther from the building and the wi-fi is starting to get spotty

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
Why didn't you handcuff yourself to the doors like Laura Loomer?
每天生气

benjipwns

i didn't want to appropriate her protest culture

benjipwns

A_i_A trigger warning:
Esports is real sports, it's just not a very physically demanding one. Lets not turn this thread into a thread about delegitimatizing esports.

shosta

that spelling is traumaticatizing to read  :stahp
每天生气

benjipwns

Overwatch has one of the most toxic communities I've ever experienced.
whenever i see posts where this is the entire thing and the poster never returns i always just assume someone called them a fakkit in chat or something

benjipwns

Depends on which style guide you rely on and if you make any custom alterations. Most in the industry use "esports" in the middle of the sentence, and "Esports" when it is the first word in the sentence. If you abide only by AP Style Guide, you write it as "eSports" which we all hate. Mate, I hate to break it to you but esports is already professional.

benjipwns

Quote from: Hobbes; Senior Staff Writer at MP1st
You seem to want to highlight that this is an incredibly widespread issue, yet tell me to google your own proof as if that proves your ridiculous point. Controversies happen in any industry, but to label it as incredibly widespread is disingenuous because again, Overwatch is not the only esports game. The majority of 800+ league of legends professionals are not toxic. The same can be said for professional players of Overwatch.
:umad

benjipwns

why is this website deserving of "verafled" status? is it because they follow an admin on twitter?

Report: Call of Duty 2019 Is Not COD: Ghosts 2
A New Tom Clancy Game Seems to Be Being Teased by Ubisoft
wow thx

BisMarckie

Esports will never be taken seriously as long as it's played by dorky teenagers with cringy nicknames.
long people haven't recovered from gamergate which led to Trump, and the US literally becoming 1930s Germany.

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
https://www.resetera.com/threads/female-overwatch-contenders-player-steps-down-from-team-after-conspiracy-from-male-players-up-reportedly-not-the-one-playing.91189/post-16552928

Sexism towards men does not and can not exist, bucko.

:dunno

https://www.resetera.com/threads/female-overwatch-contenders-player-steps-down-from-team-after-conspiracy-from-male-players-up-reportedly-not-the-one-playing.91189/post-16553664

That is factually incorrect by the literal definition of the word.

That isn't to say it happens often. It absolutely doesn't and it's why "men's rights" groups deserve to be laughed at. Men are the ones often in power and women have to face sexism on a daily basis.

But we shouldn't simply make things up. Words have meanings.

Jesus Christ. "Hey look, you're *technically wrong*. But it's not like men face sexism anyhow, so let's laugh at men's rights groups, even if they have legit complaints."

ResetBanBot

Everyone knows eSports is just a plot by the alt-right to recruit more disaffected young white males, just like PewDiePie.

benjipwns

But we shouldn't simply make things up. Words have meanings.
another fucking alt-right invented dog whistle like egalitarianism

paprikastaude

https://www.resetera.com/threads/female-overwatch-contenders-player-steps-down-from-team-after-conspiracy-from-male-players-up-reportedly-not-the-one-playing.91189/post-16552928

Sexism towards men does not and can not exist, bucko.

:dunno

:idont
Makes sense for the place that constantly features "racism means not liking dark people only, now let me keep explaining how white skin inherits evil genes and needs to be destroyed, plus Asians by nature don't have an ability to respect women".
« Last Edit: January 04, 2019, 07:01:19 PM by Spieler1 »

benjipwns

Overwatch came out almost three years ago and still isn't on Switch, and Blizzard has refused to confirm which characters are cannonically trans, why would video gaming enthusiasts pay any attention to it?

BisMarckie

Do you know when Overwatch was announced?
2014!

Oof, not a good look Blizzard.

benjipwns

Other than the uplifting story of the BLACK social justice revolutionary activist Lucio who is BLACK of course. (Although Blizzard has still not updated this BLACK characters backstory to account for Bolsonaro's election fascist seizure of power thanks to liberal truckers and complete destruction of the Amazon Rainforest.)

benjipwns

Do you know when Overwatch was announced?
2014!

Oof, not a good look Blizzard.
wow i have battle.net running as we speak, shaking rn

shosta

Being? Did someone say being?
每天生气

shosta

Are we not going to point out the humor in a gaming journalist complaining about "delegitimatizing"(sic) vidya sports.
But I already did!
spoiler (click to show/hide)
when you find out 213372readu has you on ignore :goty2
[close]
每天生气

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0

benjipwns

i hadn't read the first page of that thread:
Players continue to be trash human beings.

I just read this same story too on Game Informer. Seems like she got wind of a doxxing attempt when someone sent her screens from a Discord room planning it. Terrible.
The fact that we have 3 different contenders players vouching for her should have cleared it.
Hmmm I wonder why she kept herself private online, oh right because this shit happens!
Disgusting behavior from the community and Blizzard needs to do something about this. Gaming culture, and especially esports culture, is so toxic and awful.
Yep, angsty virgins being angsty virgins. If eSports is going to join the modern age these teams need mature managers that will shut this shit down.
You weren't kidding. There are a bunch of them typing conspiracy theories with woman and her in quotes.
These people just need a good old fashioned beating and stripped of their electronic devices.
Quote from: Hobbes, just for shosta really
Men continue to pedal wild theories that lack evidence.

This is what makes normal people who like games embarrassed to be associated with the "gamer" label.
Videogames continue to bring human garbage together. Not surprised in the slightest. Fuck these toxic shitheads.
no points for guessing how many bitching about "gamers" have game related avatars :wag

benjipwns

Quote from: Nepenthe
It still boggles me a little that one of the most progressive AAA gaming franchises has a fandom full of people that just outright hate minorities.
ahahahahahahahahaha

benjipwns

Men continue to pedal wild theories that lack evidence.
No seriously, what the fuck.
stop vilifyimatizing journalism shitlord

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
https://www.resetera.com/threads/new-smash-bros-glitch-where-everyone-is-black.91346/

People make the obvious joke and some of them get buttblasted mad over it. Dangerously low levels of slick.

We have so much fun here!     . . .    Don't we? :goty2
sigh

zepblackstar

This overwatch ellie thing is making laugh. so many people got suckered

benjipwns

He's a Senior Staff Writer at a "Mulitplayer First" news site despite his inability to spell and his lack of cursory knowledge on how multiplayer works in one of the biggest (multiplayer) games of this generation.

:stahp
yeah but look at all those twitter followers

MP1st
MP1st
@MPFirst

Tweets

Followers
Den
@Hobbesenero
Dumb fuck "journalist" at @MPfirst. IT Professional elsewhere. Hobbes on @ResetEra. Contact - den@mp1st.com

Tweets

Followers
oh...

nevermind

benjipwns

mm at least LukeOP got got finally

benjipwns

mods silencing political and religious dissent, no wonder hordes of caravans of women and minorities are leavitimatizing as fast as they can pedal being

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
Goddamn that's a fucked up story. Imagine your foster/adoptive parents telling you that shit when you turn 18

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
Goddamn that's a fucked up story. Imagine your foster/adoptive parents telling you that shit when you turn 18

I’m imagining them telling him when he’s 8.
Oi Oi

benjipwns

This is honestly my biggest fear in this whole thing: that this entire scandal was purposefully designed to make it even harder for women to get into OWL and esports in general. From his comments Haku sounds like the kind of incel fuck that would play this kind of 4D chess shit.
wow if true

BisMarckie

Good thing he isn't one of theoe incels who steal and seduce women.

benjipwns

Quote from: Kirblar
I refrained on commenting on this story previously because there was legitimately weird stuff going on here that deserved a real investigation instead of the gross overreaction it got from some parts of the internet. With stuff like this truth almost inevitably is revealed with time.
thx kirblar this is why we turn to you for news and analysis

jorma

This is honestly my biggest fear in this whole thing: that this entire scandal was purposefully designed to make it even harder for women to get into OWL and esports in general. From his comments Haku sounds like the kind of incel fuck that would play this kind of 4D chess shit.
wow if true

I know it's hard when confronted with breaking news like this, but you might want to treat this as speculative until they produce a primary source.

benjipwns

some facts are too true to checkmatize

shosta

Quote from: Hobbes, Senior Staff Writer at MP1st
Interesting, they must be keeping this toxicity locked tight, especially in the League of Legends scene because I have not seen any reports from journalists who cover League of Legends that backs your claim of widespread toxicity among professional esports players. I also haven't seen Riot fine a large amount of players for toxicity either. The most recent report about toxicity came from PCGamesN about 16 players being reprimanded via fines or warnings.

That's roughly 2% of all professional players in League of Legends.

If OWL is anything like League of Legends (which it is) than wouldn't we be seeing large reports about rampant toxicity from reporters? Publications like The Verge suggest that OWL has a toxicity problem, but then only names less than 10 people in the entire league who were found to be toxic.

So again, tell me how 2% of players for the game that is considered to have the most toxic cesspool of gamers out there equals widespread toxicity.
my eyes kind of glazed over reading this entire post about the exact percentage of toxicity in league of legends. But this is why Hobbes is a senior staff writer and I am not.
每天生气

benjipwns

BREAKING RUMOR: Incels Created Overwatch As A Long Con To Pedal Justify Seducing Women

shosta

Wait, how the fuck can Riot Games fine its pro players?  ???
每天生气

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
Quote from: Kirblar
I refrained on commenting on this story previously because there was legitimately weird stuff going on here that deserved a real investigation instead of the gross overreaction it got from some parts of the internet. With stuff like this truth almost inevitably is revealed with time.
thx kirblar this is why we turn to you for news and analysis

kiblar should probably remain quiet, as is his/her right

benjipwns

journalists who cover League of Legends
the literal lol beat

benjipwns

that is why i am just a Senior Staff Freelancer

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
A lot of comedians are just yokels that made it somewhere by being assholes.

Kevin Hart is just another one. Just a fool.

People that pedal humor?  They are just assholes who can make people laugh and have joy.  What a useless bunch. 
sigh

Cauliflower Of Love

Hart is worth 140 million dollars. A literal self made man who made it out of the hood, achieved his dreams, and is now helping others.

Just a fool though.

shosta

I think it would be for the best if we just banned videogames altogether.
每天生气

benjipwns

Hart is worth 140 million dollars. A literal self made man who made it out of the hood, achieved his dreams, and is now helping others.

Just a fool though.
he can't take that money with him to the afterlife, not like the eternal respect of ResetERA.com

benjipwns

ok, we got a response to hobbes' investigative journalism

this is just evidence that instituting consequences for toxic behavior actually works and is what must be done - makes sense that if you can get fined or potentially even blocked from the scene for being an asshole, you'll stop doing it

riot has also barred certain particularly radioactive players from participating in their competitive scene, which i think is a great way to incentivize players to act a little bit better in the high ranked ladder games that serve as an important entry point to getting scouted by a major team, though from what i've heard there is a loooong way to go to clean up the ladder

on the other hand, a lot of the early top Overwatch competitive players had a history from TF2 of behaving like absolute jackasses in lobbies, pick up games, official matches, and even at major LAN events! this set an early tone for the competitive scene and while it has improved over time, clearly we still have a problem.

i calibrated extremely high my first season of Overwatch riding off of my TF2 skill before the Overwatch meta calcified (i calibrated at 65 and a friend got even higher back in Season 1 before there were SR rankings), so i got to experience how bad top level ladder games are for myself, but feel free to jump into the ladder yourself and enjoy the flames too.

here's an article just touching the barest tip of the iceberg of what female gamers trying to go pro have to deal with.

...meta-calcified? calibrating? can someone translate this
whenever i see posts [like this] i always just assume someone called them a fakkit in chat or something

Cauliflower Of Love

woa they calibrated at 65?

Cauliflower Of Love

era is getting played so hard, it's hilarious.

benjipwns

Be angrier at the people who demand dates, pictures and birth certificates from women who step onto a competitive stage before accepting them as human, let alone as people who earned their spot on their own merits.
They're trying to keep Obama out of playing Overwatch professionally?!?

BisMarckie

oof

benjipwns

benjipwns

Does this count as international terrorism?

benjipwns

Doesn't this guy live in Brighton here in the UK? If so, I've just tweeted to Brighton & Hove Police that he is encouraging cyber crime :)
:rofl

BisMarckie

Does this count as international terrorism?

I hope we go to war against Pewdiepie, right after we throw some napalm on the amazon forest.