Author Topic: Other Forums |OT| ♀ C O R E V A L U E S ♀ Sponsored By THQNordic  (Read 5828572 times)

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
Re: Other Forums |OT| Book Reading, Free Speech, and Full-Blown Centrists Within
« Reply #53160 on: January 10, 2019, 07:07:32 AM »
Seems like the most obvious pick to me if I want to take over a planet or whatever the fuck was the macguffin:

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
Re: Other Forums |OT| Book Reading, Free Speech, and Full-Blown Centrists Within
« Reply #53161 on: January 10, 2019, 07:07:42 AM »
You know, for having the power to steal anyone's basketball ability the Monstars sure made some questionable choices.

Can’t really blame them though. Who could’ve guessed Bill Murray was the real best basketball player of all time?
Margs

benjipwns

« Reply #53162 on: January 10, 2019, 07:37:29 AM »
i accidentally came across this thread but i'm glad it's categorized this way. trans people ARE their own thing and grouping them in with everyone else would cause more problems than it would solve. sorry if this is.. like, drive-by posting or something, but i wanted to put my on opinion in

:hitler

PsychoBee

« Reply #53163 on: January 10, 2019, 07:43:07 AM »
real talk: kinda glad to see people leaving ree even if it requires them getting banned in the process

ree now reminds me a lot of what gamergate was like on the inside, and it's highly disturbing how cult-like it is tbqh

some of the more casual posters and people on the fringe may not notice it, but a lot of people, especially a lot of posts that show up here, are definitely prime example of "wow this is fucking unsettling"

Isolate yourself from your friends and family if they don't agree with what ree tells you is right (which is ever increasingly extremist and delusional to the point most rational people will look at you funny): check
group reinforcement that *they* are your true friends and you need to just stick with *them*: check
positive reinforcement for "thinking the right thoughts" and extremely negative feedback for not thinking with the group, to the point of warnings/bans: check

there's a lot more at play there, but overall the site has taken such a turn that I don't think they've even realized what they've become, and I don't think they possess the self awareness to ever really grasp it. if it's point out, "oh you're just a troll" and the idea is instantly dismissed bc your support structure (ree) is there to tell you otherwise

& before banana saltdae comes along and yells "ur just mad bc u got banned" I haven't been banned yet, I just actively stopped posting there bc the site is so negative it became bad for my mental health, being around people that are so angry all the time was legitimately affecting me

the real internet hate machine was the internet forum we made fun of all along
dumb

Occam

I think era are racists.

Of course they are. Believing in the existence of separate human races (aka racial theory) makes you a racist.
I genuinely don't understand why you are so hung up on this line.

The rest of the modern world will continue to operate no matter how much you continue to yell "You're Proving Hitler Right!" whenever someone even mentions race in regards to racial identity/inequality/politics etc.

You need to take off your edge.

Drink, jack off, and/or eat at Taco Bell. Do something.

Sorry for the late reply. While the concept itself (believing in the existence of separate human races makes you racist) is simple enough, most (Americans) seem to have a hard time to grasp it. Keeping this idiocy alive doesn't prove Hitler right, it perpetuates his mental poison [edit: to clarify, I'm using Hitler as a generic term here; he didn't invent racism].
The reason I brought it up more than once in this thread is because of the constant race-nonsense at Resetera. Many of their "prominent" members/mods are indeed incredibly racist. A while ago they actually permed a French member who explained that black Frenchmen generally don't consider themselves African-French, but simply French, which is exactly how it should be.

This issue is the root cause of lots of nonsense that they seem to believe in at Resetera, like "cultural appropriation", "racial identity" and so on. That's why I think it bears repeating.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2019, 07:59:40 AM by Occam »

benjipwns

« Reply #53165 on: January 10, 2019, 08:39:16 AM »
[edit: to clarify, I'm using Hitler as a generic term here; he didn't invent racism]
No, but he was the founder of GamerGate.

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #53166 on: January 10, 2019, 08:50:53 AM »
This is getting embarrassing

https://www.resetera.com/threads/pewdiepie-promotes-known-white-supremacist-again.92504/

Pewdiepie watched a compilation of tiktok videos that features an altright guy for five seconds. He doesn't promote him, he doesn't mention his name and the guy's face isn't recognizable to anyone who isn't deep into the right wing scene.

BisMarckie

« Reply #53167 on: January 10, 2019, 08:50:55 AM »
Dude, Serbia was starting its Gamergate operations while Hitler was still  tinting postcards. :gurl. :ufup

archduke  Franz Ferdinand, the first victim of Gamergate, never forget. :salute

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #53168 on: January 10, 2019, 08:52:12 AM »
[edit: to clarify, I'm using Hitler as a generic term here; he didn't invent racism]

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night
« Reply #53169 on: January 10, 2019, 09:01:07 AM »
This is getting embarrassing

https://www.resetera.com/threads/pewdiepie-promotes-known-white-supremacist-again.92504/

Pewdiepie watched a compilation of tiktok videos that features an altright guy for five seconds. He doesn't promote him, he doesn't mention his name and the guy's face isn't recognizable to anyone who isn't deep into the right wing scene.

By that logic, people on resetera are promoting the white supremacist person because they made a thread and had to explain why this is 'such a big deal' and 'problematic'. Also, The Bore is now promoting white supremacy by linking to resetera.  :doge
« Last Edit: January 10, 2019, 09:05:30 AM by Tripon »

Occam

« Reply #53170 on: January 10, 2019, 09:09:04 AM »
real talk: kinda glad to see people leaving ree even if it requires them getting banned in the process

ree now reminds me a lot of what gamergate was like on the inside, and it's highly disturbing how cult-like it is tbqh

some of the more casual posters and people on the fringe may not notice it, but a lot of people, especially a lot of posts that show up here, are definitely prime example of "wow this is fucking unsettling"

Isolate yourself from your friends and family if they don't agree with what ree tells you is right (which is ever increasingly extremist and delusional to the point most rational people will look at you funny): check
group reinforcement that *they* are your true friends and you need to just stick with *them*: check
positive reinforcement for "thinking the right thoughts" and extremely negative feedback for not thinking with the group, to the point of warnings/bans: check

there's a lot more at play there, but overall the site has taken such a turn that I don't think they've even realized what they've become, and I don't think they possess the self awareness to ever really grasp it. if it's point out, "oh you're just a troll" and the idea is instantly dismissed bc your support structure (ree) is there to tell you otherwise

& before banana saltdae comes along and yells "ur just mad bc u got banned" I haven't been banned yet, I just actively stopped posting there bc the site is so negative it became bad for my mental health, being around people that are so angry all the time was legitimately affecting me

the real internet hate machine was the internet forum we made fun of all along

Good post. The reason why most remaining members don't notice the insanity is because it developed gradually, while their bubble prevents them from objectively observing the outside world and noticing the discrepancy. For the first couple of months you could have rational discussions on Resetera. Then you were forced to conform (which seems to be an automatic and subconscious process for most) or leave.
And yes, Resetera drags you down and makes you feel bad. Deciding not to post there anymore was a very liberating experience. Anyone who would like to regain a more positive outlook and just feel better in general should just leave that mental prison.

benjipwns

« Reply #53171 on: January 10, 2019, 09:09:48 AM »
what if some of the kids found therealbakedalaska funny and looked him up and start getting pushed nazi agenda and start believing that shit.
yeah, what if?

benjipwns

« Reply #53172 on: January 10, 2019, 09:10:46 AM »
He is clearly doing this to provoke a response from the Liberal Media.

He's constantly using memes from 4chan and saying that was from Reedit, using Ben Shapiro clips, including far-right memes, like memes about Obama...

He's doing this as a part of his war against Media
When are people going to accept he is just another Nazi promoting their hate agenda. No more excuses.
Wait are you people saying he's not a white supremacist or don't sympathize with those motherfukers?
I'm not saying that Pewdiepie as a whole is innocent. He's at best a Naz-sympathizer and at worst a full-blown nazi himself.
these guys get it

benjipwns

« Reply #53173 on: January 10, 2019, 09:13:53 AM »
User Banned (3 Days): Pattern of trolling and dismissive behavior in sensitive topics
sensitive topics
PewDiePie

benjipwns

« Reply #53174 on: January 10, 2019, 09:16:42 AM »
User Banned (Duration Pending): Excusing bigotry, inflammatory false equivalencies surrounding prejudice, dismissing global intolerance
:whoo

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
Oi Oi

benjipwns

« Reply #53176 on: January 10, 2019, 09:19:49 AM »
Fuck this piece of shit.

Stay safe in your sweet little blubble ERA. Lmao, no wonder people look down to this Place, can't blame them
Hey! Fuck you! Take your bullshit somewhere else.

He got famous with streaming videogame and got really rich with it. Just like that Ninja guy. I think lots are just jealous and copying others their opinions for having a legit reason to hate him. Some are surely legit against him... most of them are just salty i guess.
I guess repeatedly promoting anti-Semitic and racist videos is cool with you, so fuck you too!
:lol

benjipwns

« Reply #53177 on: January 10, 2019, 09:21:40 AM »
What hole do people like you crawl out of? It's really strange how posts like these pop up every time there's a thread about something like this.
You probably won't be truthful, but I'm generally curious:
  • Who do you get your marching orders from?
  • Where do you get your marching orders from? GAF? KiwiFarms? KotakuInAction? 4chan? A Discord channel?
  • Are low-effort posts like this satisfying some sort of hazing ritual you need to fulfill to on some other site?
Unironically posting what amounts to a "lul safe space" meme in 2019 is just too much.
:putin

benjipwns

« Reply #53178 on: January 10, 2019, 09:25:38 AM »
It's more then that even. How many times has this asshat done this "oopsie Nazis" thing? That whole "maybe he didn't know thing is long past. He is a legit Nazi simpathizer now.

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #53179 on: January 10, 2019, 09:25:48 AM »

What hole do people like you crawl out of? It's really strange how posts like these pop up every time there's a thread about something like this.
  • Where do you get your marching orders from? GAF? KiwiFarms? KotakuInAction? 4chan? A Discord channel?
  • Are low-effort posts like this satisfying some sort of hazing ritual you need to fulfill to on some other site?
Unironically posting what amounts to a "lul safe space" meme in 2019 is just too much.

From Fuhrer Pewdiepie.

benjipwns

« Reply #53180 on: January 10, 2019, 09:29:29 AM »
have they always had this option?

PogiJones

« Reply #53181 on: January 10, 2019, 09:30:41 AM »
I'm not saying that Pewdiepie as a whole is innocent. He's at best a Naz-sympathizer and at worst a full-blown nazi himself.

That's almost as bad as a full-blown centrist!

benjipwns

« Reply #53182 on: January 10, 2019, 09:33:09 AM »
They're so busy chasing Nazi's they'll never see Jeff Gerstmann, the Serbian Threat, coming.  :-\

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #53183 on: January 10, 2019, 09:34:15 AM »
jeff gerstmann is still a threat?

Occam

« Reply #53184 on: January 10, 2019, 09:35:39 AM »
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ResetEra

made an edit :teehee

At first I thought you somehow managed to have the article considered for deletion. The [citation needed] is funny, though.

PogiJones

« Reply #53185 on: January 10, 2019, 09:35:57 AM »

The Bire snubbed like TIMU

benjipwns

« Reply #53186 on: January 10, 2019, 09:40:23 AM »
I think the mods should probably consider "not hosting content" regarding PewDiePie. And Donald J. Trump.

PogiJones

« Reply #53187 on: January 10, 2019, 09:44:37 AM »
Don_ld J. Tru_p  :wag

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #53188 on: January 10, 2019, 09:44:52 AM »
Also, The Bore is now promoting white supremacy by linking to resetera.  :doge
I'd never promote White Supremacists, but what about White Super Machists?

:nsfw :nsfw :nsfw

benjipwns

« Reply #53189 on: January 10, 2019, 09:47:08 AM »
I am confused on how exactly the EC works. Doesn't she have to win that as long as the popular vote or is there a percentage system she needs to have?
as long as the popular vote what?!?!?

benjipwns

« Reply #53190 on: January 10, 2019, 09:49:12 AM »
I was in Honolulu over the holidays, cutting through the mall from the beach back to my AirBnB. A teen girl at the top of the escalator was stopping everyone, showing them her handmade sign, which read "Subscribe to PewDiePie." As I got to the top someone was asking her why they should. She's like "Because he's awesome!" I looked the would-be subscribers in the eye and said "He's a white supremacist" and they turned and looked at the girl like she was an alien, while she looked pissssseddddd.

It was a good day.
That girls name? Albert Einstein.

Tiops

« Reply #53191 on: January 10, 2019, 09:50:26 AM »
Yeah, PewdiePie, at best, likes genocide. He definitely wants Jews to die in concentration camps. He's just possibly not enlisted to the Nazi army.

jorma

« Reply #53192 on: January 10, 2019, 09:53:01 AM »
I think the mods should probably consider "not hosting content" regarding PewDiePie. And Donald J. Trump.

they probably should for no reason other than to preserve their own userbase, those threads are graveyards  :lol

agrajag

« Reply #53193 on: January 10, 2019, 09:53:04 AM »

I knew Hitler was alt-right, he should be deplatformed!

benjipwns

« Reply #53194 on: January 10, 2019, 09:54:58 AM »
I wonder how ResetERA.com would react to the Downfall/Hitler in the bunker reacts meme if it had started today.

benjipwns

« Reply #53195 on: January 10, 2019, 09:57:11 AM »
Pewdiepie talks with and retweets white supremacists on Twitter. Whether or not he's an outright one himself, he surely has no issues with talking to them. I think he's more than just an irresponsible shit at this point.
stay safe

agrajag

« Reply #53196 on: January 10, 2019, 09:58:05 AM »
I wonder how ResetERA.com would react to the Downfall/Hitler in the bunker reacts meme if it had started today.

They would say it's alt-right art that should be banned, much like Kurt Vonnegut's alt-right short story Harrison Bergeron.

benjipwns

« Reply #53197 on: January 10, 2019, 09:59:19 AM »
Harrison Bergeron is the host of America's Funniest Home Videos and Dancing with the Stars, you mean Tom Bergeron.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #53198 on: January 10, 2019, 10:00:16 AM »
Worst case, PDP is a Nazi sleeper agent, best case, he's just a regular white dude (which is still plenty to condemn him for).

agrajag

« Reply #53199 on: January 10, 2019, 10:01:24 AM »
Harrison Bergeron is the host of America's Funniest Home Videos and Dancing with the Stars, you mean Tom Bergeron.

you got that backwards bud

benjipwns

« Reply #53200 on: January 10, 2019, 10:01:43 AM »
If I see a Nazi sleeper agent and a regular white dude, I see two Nazi sleeper agents.

agrajag

« Reply #53201 on: January 10, 2019, 10:01:57 AM »
although he may also be alt-right, I have to check with Era

benjipwns

« Reply #53202 on: January 10, 2019, 10:02:25 AM »

you got that backwards bud
don't gaslight me, sealion

jorma

« Reply #53203 on: January 10, 2019, 10:03:51 AM »
Worst case, PDP is a Nazi sleeper agent, best case, he's just a regular white dude (which is still plenty to condemn him for).

i'm pretty sure you are downplaying genocide and white supremacy right now, you are so lucky we aren't on Era right now because i'd report the shit out of you

benjipwns

« Reply #53204 on: January 10, 2019, 10:10:33 AM »
PDP's evil is an evil built on complete and utter indifference to the plights of others.

jorma

« Reply #53205 on: January 10, 2019, 10:14:06 AM »
Quote from: Nauren, post: 16730962, member: 26812
lol it's amazing what atrocities people will stand up for and make excuses for these days...

:dead

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #53206 on: January 10, 2019, 10:16:59 AM »
We know how ERA would react to Hitler in the bunker though.

"Don't do it, there's so much to live for!"
"Never mind, saw his post history, bye felicia!"

benjipwns

« Reply #53207 on: January 10, 2019, 10:30:06 AM »
lol it's amazing what atrocities people will stand up for and make excuses for these days...
Yeah, people fucking suck and this board is littered with shitheads apparently.
this guy :lol

benjipwns

« Reply #53208 on: January 10, 2019, 10:38:17 AM »
Probably not the best place to discuss this, but I need to vehemently disagree. Even beyond the most notorious mods that are surely on everyone's minds, I can at least think of two other GAF mods I didn't care for in the least (one of them enjoying actively trolled the GW2 thread even after he stopped playing, and banned people who called him out on it). Whereas Era has a solid track record of making mods out of my favorite people (Morrigan, Finale Fireworker and now RedCrayon) and has been far more lenient with warnings and infractions.

You might be confused by the fact that Era stamps down harder on bigotry than GAF did. Sorry, but for me, that's a feature, not a bug.
I don't remember millions of women and minorities leaving NeoGAF.com in caravans due to the bigotry.

Jansen

« Reply #53209 on: January 10, 2019, 10:41:25 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/ex-blizzard-employee-details-his-terrible-time-with-the-company.92211/post-16707662
Quote from: Hobbes
The Quartering is not a media outlet.
Like the war it was based on, neither is MP1st.

edit: lol at how butthurtmad he is: https://www.resetera.com/threads/ex-blizzard-employee-details-his-terrible-time-with-the-company.92211/post-16711511

Quote from: Kon, post: 16711801, member: 6577
Unsleeved Media and TheQuartering are alternate channels of the same person and run the same editorial content. Was that supposed to be a serious recommendation of a better outlet to go to? I wouldn't want to assume you were being disingenuous.

The reason I linked your criticism of TheQuartering to criticism of this guy's decision to go to TheQuartering with his tale was because the topic of this thread is the man's story of his time at Blizzard. The merit of TheQuarterting as a journalist seems pretty wildly off-topic if it wasn't intended with any relation to this man or his story's credibility.

jorma

« Reply #53210 on: January 10, 2019, 10:43:15 AM »
who is this redcrayon dude anyway?

never heard of him before and he tends to start his posts with things like "lovely", "interesting!" "thank you" and perhaps the most damning of all "i like this.."

how this guy was considered mod material is beyond me

benjipwns

« Reply #53211 on: January 10, 2019, 10:46:19 AM »
look at who they picked for admins

PogiJones

« Reply #53212 on: January 10, 2019, 10:46:31 AM »
https://www.deviantart.com/transfuse/art/One-Girl-in-All-the-World-40975299

Quote from: SamusIsTheBestWaifu
If other girls were in the rain, they'd be running inside their homes screaming "my hair is messy, my hair is messy." But Samus doesn't care.

Also other girls wouldn’t want to wear a power suit either as it makes them feel less sexy or unapproachable but Samus wears it anyways and my god she makes it look both sexy on her and approachable 😀

Quote from: SamusIsTheBestWaifu
100% agree with you.

For me I don’t look at a woman as below me or above me but standing next to me and across from me looking at eye level with me as my eqaul and the one to watch my back as the two of us fight a dragon together as both allues in battle and lovers in the bed room and this is what Samus is for me......my warrior goddess.

:expert

benjipwns

« Reply #53213 on: January 10, 2019, 10:52:15 AM »
I'd just like to say, good work everyone on our plan to make ResetERA.com look hysterical by calling PewDiePie an obvious Nazi for a three second clip (which he did in an obvious manner to throw off anyone looking up all the other secret Nazi's he included in the video), but remember to insert the secret code phrases we agreed upon when you post with your multiple alts. This is essential in making sure nobody catches on.

Also, a special thanks to new member Benita for the idea and the codename for the operation.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2019, 11:00:19 AM by benjipwns »

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #53214 on: January 10, 2019, 10:59:31 AM »
who is this redcrayon dude anyway?

never heard of him before and he tends to start his posts with things like "lovely", "interesting!" "thank you" and perhaps the most damning of all "i like this.."

He's a regular in the RPG threads, not a bad dude but let's see if mod power gets to him.
^_^

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #53215 on: January 10, 2019, 11:03:00 AM »
The only good things to come out of R. Kelly’s wretched existence is the opening scene in Space Jam, and this music video:

Drip drip drip  :rkelly

And of course the episode of Trapped in the Closet with the midget  :lol
^_^

PogiJones

« Reply #53216 on: January 10, 2019, 11:03:30 AM »
This is why I keep coming back. It's the cycle of abuse that keeps me going.

You're an Enzom that actually gets what he wants

benjipwns

« Reply #53217 on: January 10, 2019, 11:07:46 AM »
It's like, the reason most of us moved here, no?

Some of these posts here echo that Congressman from the news this morning: "When did the term 'white supremacist' become a bad thing?"
Pretty much. People with low tolerance for sexism, bigotry and hypocrisy moved to Era; people who didn't mind that much stayed on GAF. I don't think why people are surprised that this selection filter resulted in Era the progressive forum and modern-GAF the average gamer hellhole.

In a more meta sense, it's like people want the intelligent discouse of a strongly moderated forum with zero tolerance for bigotry, but without said moderation being applicable to them. OK, it's not "like" that; it's exactly that.
Excellent work whichever of you this is. There will be a few extra rubles dinars in your paycheck for sure.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2019, 11:11:51 AM by benjipwns »

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #53218 on: January 10, 2019, 11:17:23 AM »
cerium has a plan, he just needs TIME and MONEY...then it's off to Tahiti!