Author Topic: Other Forums |OT| ♀ C O R E V A L U E S ♀ Sponsored By THQNordic  (Read 5901335 times)

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
Re: Other Forums |OT| The Desperation For Outrage
« Reply #54660 on: January 18, 2019, 06:59:09 AM »
I'd love to sit and watch some creep ramble about the darkies for hours on end :noah

Aren’t you from South Africa? You could probably just go down the street for that  :doge
:nsfw
spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]

This should really go in the long video thread lol. (dont look up what happened to this guy)

jorma

« Reply #54661 on: January 18, 2019, 07:05:10 AM »
If "new" posters don't troll then they won't get called out. There's no prejudice against anyone posting in earnest.

:delicious

You're overcomplicating this so much over a hypothetical problem. Meanwhile new trolls find their way onto the forum every day in pretty much exactly the same way. Most of the people you're referring to are quite familiar with the mods, because we're either friends with them or have filed hundreds of reports or both. If you have a problem you can take it up with the mods yourself, but don't presume to know what they want better than the people they're familiar to.

Trolls registering in droves ! Hundreds of reports filed to our friends ! Did you just assume my forum caste ?
:trigger

https://www.resetera.com/threads/why-is-era-so-particularly-angry-this-2019.93449/page-11#post-16990977

oh so not only did i not have enough posts, i didn't have enough reports either. No wonder they called me out on my abusing the system. I'm sorry for ever doubting you ree mods that read this!

daemon

« Reply #54662 on: January 18, 2019, 07:15:04 AM »
Hello guys, I've been just lurking for...2 months because I couldn't remember my password and the forgot password function doesn't deliver any e-mail  :doge

And nothing of value was lost.

And by that I mean my posts

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #54664 on: January 18, 2019, 07:33:59 AM »
User Warned: Peddling conspiracies. There are plenty of ways to critique Shaun King without regurgitating unfounded Breitbart "Not black!" rumors.

Rachel Dolezal brother.
ahahahahaha

Not because era moderators think theres anything wrong with saying someone is an impure uncle tom oreo coon fake ass nicca... the problems that breitbart said it first.
Meanwhile
Talcum X.
and
Isn’t there a verified picture of his WHITE father online?

don't get shit.

And speaking of pedalling conspiracy theories:
Nobody knows it’s the real shooter(s) because the eye witnesses described a white male perp that also matched the description of another case months prior. and then police somehow ended up with two black men who supposedly confessed, but then plead not guilty and one’s attorney is saying their constitutional rights were violated.

:mindblown

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #54666 on: January 18, 2019, 07:38:12 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/why-is-era-so-particularly-angry-this-2019.93449/post-16991645
I can't say I understand the ban there? They say he knows what he's doing, he says he doesn't.

So what was he doing? Because I have no idea, and this actually brings up a problem I have with Era. It seems like you're expected to know inherently every single meme or "thing" that's going on at any given point. I see so many times a bunch of people telling someone else to stop with a line of reasoning, claiming "he knows what he's doing", while the "offender" acts all baffled and ignorant. And I tend to feel equally perplexed to how the offender is behaving. As in, I have no idea what's going on.

And this makes Era feel like a complete minefield at times. I don't have the time, nor do I care, to keep up with all the flavors of the day. It's simply not something I find any sense in bothering with. I assume a lot of people are the same uneducated way about what the latest thing is. Yet, if you participate in a discussion, you're treated like a bigot asshole if you say something that might be of a similar phrasing to something someone somewhere recently decided is bad. You're supposed to know this of course, and you're an asshole, because "you know what you're doing".

I don't, honestly, I have no idea. So please tell me instead of repeating "you know what you're doing".

I feel like I'm surrounded by hormonal, angry teenagers at times.

Nailed it, but also pre-emptive
 :salute

User warned: Downplaying transphobia and misogyny, dismissing other users concerns, misrepresenting moderator actions

BisMarckie

« Reply #54667 on: January 18, 2019, 07:40:48 AM »
Most of us have filed hundreds of reports :neogaf

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #54668 on: January 18, 2019, 07:43:30 AM »
snitches get privlitches

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #54669 on: January 18, 2019, 07:51:47 AM »
...and locked, because meta discussion of how shitty the community they've actively fostered by catering to the crazies isn't meaningful discussion.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #54670 on: January 18, 2019, 07:56:15 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/whats-inside-your-fridge-post-your-fridge-setup.75459/page-2#post-16988869

:donot

Tabris thread?  Tabris thread.  When is dude going to realize that as much as he wants to be Chittagong, he's not.   :doge 
ど助平

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #54671 on: January 18, 2019, 07:56:26 AM »
but what's the number of reports per user? per thread? per incelsiorlef post in the thread? we need data!

BisMarckie

« Reply #54672 on: January 18, 2019, 07:57:31 AM »
JayC3
bork bork

:thinking

benjipwns

« Reply #54673 on: January 18, 2019, 07:59:22 AM »
I don't mean any disrespect by this because I can tell you're being genuine here, but you have no idea what you're talking about. Yeah, what you're saying here sounds great in a vacuum, but it's crucially missing a lot of context. It ignores the specifics of a given thread and the arguments therein. It assumes that people don't first try to reason with low post count trolls. It assumes that we're not aware of the difference between genuine questions and time-worn dog whistles. It assumes that the "better thing to bring to the table" hasn't already been brought, probably dozens of times in that thread already.
:doge

BisMarckie

« Reply #54674 on: January 18, 2019, 08:00:20 AM »
And the avatar of this mod is a picture of a dog, like you couldn't make it more obvious that this is a covert Bire mod account. Play it tactical.

benjipwns

« Reply #54675 on: January 18, 2019, 08:00:38 AM »
"you have no idea what you're talking about" *uses the term "dog whistles" completely wrong*

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #54676 on: January 18, 2019, 08:01:02 AM »
JayC3
bork bork

:thinking

GIMMICK INFRINGEMENT
:rage
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #54677 on: January 18, 2019, 08:02:05 AM »
And the avatar of this mod is a picture of a dog, like you couldn't make it more obvious that this is a covert Bire mod account. Play it tactical.

Always nice to see a fan.
ど助平

benjipwns

« Reply #54678 on: January 18, 2019, 08:18:24 AM »
that sabrina account's post history, two-thirds of it is just jabbering constantly in the real pic thread about random topics like the weather, how they changed their middle name or stealthbragging about their wife:

and then adventuring out to reason with low post count accounts like this:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/kotaku-assassins-creed-odyssey-director-says-we-missed-the-mark-with-controversial-dlc.93976/post-16953021
Good for you

fuck off
https://www.resetera.com/threads/sonicfox-im-gay.93773/post-16919104
Sexuality has been in games since Pac-Man. Don't be such a daft bigot.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/gillette%E2%80%99s-inspiring-new-ad-addressing-toxic-masculinity-asks-%E2%80%9Cis-this-the-best-a-man-can-get-%E2%80%9D.93503/post-16940645
hefty if you can't get across whatever intelligent point you think you have in your over twelve posts in this thread, which is half of your posts in your entire tenure on this site, then maybe you don't have an intelligent point
The cue that you needed to abandon this thread was that nobody even for a moment was buying into your bullshit.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/assassin%E2%80%99s-creed-odyssey%E2%80%99s-latest-dlc-forces-something-on-the-player-open-spoilers-inside.93567/post-16907400
so why are you commenting?

just trust people who are gay and have played the game, many of whom are in this thread

:trumps

BOOM, DOXXED
[close]

benjipwns

« Reply #54679 on: January 18, 2019, 08:22:41 AM »

:wag at all of you

Averon

« Reply #54680 on: January 18, 2019, 08:23:26 AM »
...and locked, because meta discussion of how shitty the community they've actively fostered by catering to the crazies isn't meaningful discussion.

Funny how quick the mods shut that shit down the moment people started touching upon "meta discussion", i.e. mentioning the mods favoritism of certain posters and their often inconsistent and unreasonable modding. Reee's intial promise of their admin being more open and transparent than NeoGAF died a pretty quick death.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #54681 on: January 18, 2019, 08:23:41 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/gillette%E2%80%99s-inspiring-new-ad-addressing-toxic-masculinity-asks-%E2%80%9Cis-this-the-best-a-man-can-get-%E2%80%9D.93503/page-29#post-16940645
Quote from: sabrina, post: 16940645, member: 3431
hefty if you can't get across whatever intelligent point you think you have in your over twelve posts in this thread, which is half of your posts in your entire tenure on this site, then maybe you don't have an intelligent point

Anyone else would have been banned for this kind of reply.  :doge
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #54682 on: January 18, 2019, 08:25:50 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/famous-era-have-you-ever-met-a-fan-in-an-unexpected-place-and-howd-it-go.93677/page-2#post-16918672
Quote from: sabrina, post: 16918672, member: 3431
Not famous enough to have fans, just a couple of stalkers. It, um, didn't go well. Made it clear they weren't welcome there, then told a couple of my friends with me about it so they could help keep an eye out.

You're, um, full of shit.
ど助平

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #54683 on: January 18, 2019, 08:38:37 AM »
Not gonna dox their prior usernames on GAF but they'd eaten 2 permabans before their 'clean slate' on Era, and am pretty sure had guest starred in previous versions of this thread

benjipwns

« Reply #54684 on: January 18, 2019, 08:41:07 AM »
were their usernames clarissa and melissa?

/salempwns

Tiops

« Reply #54685 on: January 18, 2019, 08:42:30 AM »
Not gonna dox their prior usernames on GAF but they'd eaten 2 permabans before their 'clean slate' on Era, and am pretty sure had guest starred in previous versions of this thread

Was she the girl from the "Pics that Make You Laugh" that posted some bad taste things?

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty

benjipwns

« Reply #54687 on: January 18, 2019, 08:47:44 AM »
frogs were the original racist gamers

and i don't mean ubisoft, infogrames or any other frenchies

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #54688 on: January 18, 2019, 08:57:45 AM »
I see the Louis CK thread has reached the "I don't know how much you know about comedy (I'm an expert) but punching up and didacticism are huge parts of it" stage again.

On an entirely unrelated note, the oldest joke in human history that still works today is "How do you want your hair cut?" "In silence", dehumanising those of a lower social or economic status, smh.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #54689 on: January 18, 2019, 09:02:44 AM »
the actual oldest joke is
Something which has never occurred since time immemorial: a young woman did not fart in her husband’s lap.

sticking it to those haughty sumerian bitches

benjipwns

« Reply #54690 on: January 18, 2019, 09:05:32 AM »
Jerry Seinfeld PUNCHING UP LITERALLY:

agrajag

« Reply #54691 on: January 18, 2019, 09:10:40 AM »
every pharmacy I've ever been to is level with the rest of the floor 

:idont

benjipwns

« Reply #54692 on: January 18, 2019, 09:17:38 AM »
every pharmacy I've ever been to is level with the rest of the floor 

:idont
enough of your anti-semitism

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #54693 on: January 18, 2019, 09:23:29 AM »
that sabrina account's post history, two-thirds of it is just jabbering constantly in the real pic thread about random topics like the weather, how they changed their middle name or stealthbragging about their wife:
(Image removed from quote.)

and then adventuring out to reason with low post count accounts like this:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/kotaku-assassins-creed-odyssey-director-says-we-missed-the-mark-with-controversial-dlc.93976/post-16953021
Good for you

fuck off
https://www.resetera.com/threads/sonicfox-im-gay.93773/post-16919104
Sexuality has been in games since Pac-Man. Don't be such a daft bigot.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/gillette%E2%80%99s-inspiring-new-ad-addressing-toxic-masculinity-asks-%E2%80%9Cis-this-the-best-a-man-can-get-%E2%80%9D.93503/post-16940645
The cue that you needed to abandon this thread was that nobody even for a moment was buying into your bullshit.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/assassin%E2%80%99s-creed-odyssey%E2%80%99s-latest-dlc-forces-something-on-the-player-open-spoilers-inside.93567/post-16907400
so why are you commenting?

just trust people who are gay and have played the game, many of whom are in this thread

:trumps

BOOM, DOXXED
[close]

It's a little creepy you have that pic readily availible.

benjipwns

« Reply #54694 on: January 18, 2019, 09:29:44 AM »
maybe she shouldn't have posted it two weeks ago and then had a long conversation about her wife, that's how she wound up with GAF stalkers
Multiple that I know of. One from uni, at least two from GAF, and another from god only knows where.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #54695 on: January 18, 2019, 09:31:47 AM »

Was she the girl from the "Pics that Make You Laugh" that posted some bad taste things?

Aguirre!  With that lil anime person avatar who wouldn't shut up with the best friends forever cow and pig image
Uncle

benjipwns

« Reply #54696 on: January 18, 2019, 09:32:47 AM »
Aguirre!  With that lil anime person avatar who wouldn't shut up with the best friends forever cow and pig image
the one in this OP? https://www.resetera.com/threads/pics-that-make-you-laugh-ot-2019-best-friends-forever.90699/

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #54697 on: January 18, 2019, 09:34:18 AM »
Reee's intial promise of their admin being more open and transparent than NeoGAF died a pretty quick death.

What are you talking about, they are perpetually open and honest with the reasons users are banned, gaf never told the rest of the forum why you were banned, it just suddenly happened and everyone would try to sleuth it out until samuel l jackson told you to knock it off

the one in this OP? https://www.resetera.com/threads/pics-that-make-you-laugh-ot-2019-best-friends-forever.90699/

why yes
Uncle

benjipwns

« Reply #54698 on: January 18, 2019, 09:36:20 AM »
look at us doxxing together like a real family

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #54699 on: January 18, 2019, 09:46:32 AM »
maybe she shouldn't have posted it two weeks ago and then had a long conversation about her wife, that's how she wound up with GAF stalkers
Multiple that I know of. One from uni, at least two from GAF, and another from god only knows where.

It's weird that you'd be obsessed with someone who isn't even a crazy person.

Tiops

« Reply #54700 on: January 18, 2019, 09:48:06 AM »

While I do remember Aguirre too, I don't think it was her, unless it was her alt. Aguirre was banned for "being a character" there, and the user we're talking about was banned for posting some distasteful pictures that people didn't like there.

benjipwns

« Reply #54701 on: January 18, 2019, 09:50:12 AM »
You have a weird definition for obsessed. No wonder you regularly get BTFO by Bananas.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #54702 on: January 18, 2019, 09:52:06 AM »

Sorry, only registered users can see this content. Please Login or Register.

benjipwns

« Reply #54703 on: January 18, 2019, 09:59:02 AM »
lmao the link a post above leads back to...

ALIMNASSOR being called a troll for sending in fake confessions :rofl

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #54704 on: January 18, 2019, 10:02:18 AM »
Its kind of disappointingly pedestrian to discover people obsessed with witch-hunting trolls claiming to be something they're not have a history of doing exactly that themselves.

Such mundane little projectors.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #54705 on: January 18, 2019, 10:02:55 AM »

What? No, liliththepale is Sabrina.

And sure, she acted like a jerk, but she's not crazy. Just young.

benjipwns

« Reply #54706 on: January 18, 2019, 10:03:00 AM »
freenudemacusers, if you're here, whatever you do, do not scroll down and look at the cargo pants in that girlGAF thread

benjipwns

« Reply #54707 on: January 18, 2019, 10:05:07 AM »

And the LINK NotTheGuyYouKill posted leads to a post just above one where ALIMNASSOR is being accused of the same thing: https://www.neogaf.com/threads/neogaf-anonymous-confessions-2016-a-miserable-little-pile-of-secrets.1301823/page-48#post-225872740

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #54708 on: January 18, 2019, 10:07:43 AM »

benjipwns

« Reply #54709 on: January 18, 2019, 10:09:36 AM »
transhuman out here stannin for a lesbian to try and earn points with the queen of comedy Hannah Gadsby, we see you

Coitus

« Reply #54710 on: January 18, 2019, 10:09:55 AM »
Wait, that Sabrina person is the same one who was really defensive about her texting while driving habits?

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #54711 on: January 18, 2019, 10:10:05 AM »
transhuman out here stannin for a lesbian to try and earn points with the queen of comedy Hannah Gadsby, we see you

(She's bi)

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #54712 on: January 18, 2019, 10:10:48 AM »

No way, really?  :lol

I remember no one ever believing they were a woman because they kept saying absolutely absurd things

FStop7

Re: Other Forums |OT| Book Reading, Free Speech, and Full-Blown Centrists Within
« Reply #54713 on: January 18, 2019, 10:12:15 AM »
Quote from: Frank O'Connor
Well, no violence is good but the headline is somewhat misleading at least with regards to power dynamics.

But I have a ten year old daughter and I've had conversations with her about violence and fights with school friends -- boys and girls. So far it's been penny-ante shoving or throwing a crayon but she knows the rules.

Never except in self defense and even then only if there's no other option - teacher, parent etc.

Also I'd be really careful about making even sensible seeming assumptions about who's more likely to report - there's a ton of survey factors that could easily flip or distort that rate.

Embarrassment would be one but so would physical fear or cultural wrappers.

“Now watch me teabag these noobs while my naked blue holo-slut cheers me on.  Halo 5 in stores now.”

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #54714 on: January 18, 2019, 10:14:55 AM »
What people seem to lack, unfortunately... is perspective. Being mad about X celebrity doing Y thing is a waste of one's time and energy... unless they're PewDiePie and indoctrinating children into alt-right thought tendencies. He deserves unlimited scorn.

PEWDIEPIE !  :dsp

I am the bone of my post
Yikes is my body and oof is my blood
I have created over a thousand posts
Unknown to death nor known to life
Have withstood pain to create many hot takes
Yet these hands will never hold anything
So, as I pray, Unlimited Scorn Works!
©@©™

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #54715 on: January 18, 2019, 10:23:45 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/era-of-nintendo-episode-4-wii-speak-with-phantom-thief-muzy-and-lozjam.94294/

Which one of you degenerates will take one for the team and listen to this shit?  :oreilly
Margs

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #54716 on: January 18, 2019, 10:24:23 AM »
Quote from: Aguirre
holding in what you think is pee but is actually menstruation blood. and of course since you were holding it, it creates pressure thus causing it to hit the toilet bowl water and go everywhere.
https://www.neogaf.com/threads/little-things-that-annoy-you.501260/

:derp

benjipwns

« Reply #54717 on: January 18, 2019, 10:26:21 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/era-of-nintendo-episode-4-wii-speak-with-phantom-thief-muzy-and-lozjam.94294/
i like how they have to have someone post the thread then bail as they take over just because of the silly rule about self-promotion

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #54718 on: January 18, 2019, 10:30:21 AM »

And sure, she acted like a jerk, but she's not crazy. Just young.
isn't she the dope who bragged about texting while driving and when people said that was dangerous threw a huge tantrum about her rights being infringed or some shit?

benjipwns

« Reply #54719 on: January 18, 2019, 10:33:44 AM »
It's all about beating the odds. People get into car crashes without checking their phones, yet nobody's asking for the abolishing of all vehicular transport.

It's ironic that the video has a guy entering the lottery in the video. Sure, no single post is worth a life, but the odds of that happening are less than a billion to one.

Plus, clearly the real problem in the video was them driving that fast in a residential zone.
Quote from: liliththepale
I can tell that you disagree with me but I can't figure out why, namely because you haven't specified. If you're not going to engage in proper discussion, don't engage at all. You haven't helped here, and just look like a pompous douche.

Next time you disagree with someone, explain why or leave them alone.
Quote from: liliththepale
Pure bullshit. It's not important to do all of these things simultaneously.
Not for you, maybe, but some of us have a life.