Author Topic: Other Forums |OT| ♀ C O R E V A L U E S ♀ Sponsored By THQNordic  (Read 5901290 times)

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
Re: Other Forums |OT| The Desperation For Outrage
« Reply #54780 on: January 18, 2019, 06:01:16 PM »
This isn't about who they are or aren't. This isn't about de-legitimizing anyone. Accepting it and letting it go is not a real solution. Fight sports is about equals fighting each other using different styles. Being a transgender (specifically, men transitioning to women) ruins the legitimacy of womens divisions.

A woman can transition to a man and fight men, because they don't gain an advantage over the men by doing so.
A man cannot transition to a woman, and then fight woman, because they gain an advantage by doing so.

It's as simple as that.
User Banned (Permanent): Transphobic rhetoric. Doubling down on transphobia. Account in junior phase

https://www.resetera.com/threads/ronda-rousey-in-mortal-kombat-11-is-a-disappointing-and-problematic-decision-by-nrs-check-staff-posts.94189/post-16996260

« Reply #54781 on: January 18, 2019, 06:01:37 PM »
i know I wouldnt post my real picture on a violent leftist forum where the staff wants to kill all the white babies

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #54782 on: January 18, 2019, 06:06:56 PM »
This isn't about who they are or aren't. This isn't about de-legitimizing anyone. Accepting it and letting it go is not a real solution. Fight sports is about equals fighting each other using different styles. Being a transgender (specifically, men transitioning to women) ruins the legitimacy of womens divisions.

A woman can transition to a man and fight men, because they don't gain an advantage over the men by doing so.
A man cannot transition to a woman, and then fight woman, because they gain an advantage by doing so.

It's as simple as that.
User Banned (Permanent): Transphobic rhetoric. Doubling down on transphobia. Account in junior phase

https://www.resetera.com/threads/ronda-rousey-in-mortal-kombat-11-is-a-disappointing-and-problematic-decision-by-nrs-check-staff-posts.94189/post-16996260
trans people are to unstable to be mods  :lol

tummyfat

« Reply #54783 on: January 18, 2019, 06:59:57 PM »
They really think a biological male body has no strength, size or bone mass advantages over a biological female one?

How delusional

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #54784 on: January 18, 2019, 07:04:03 PM »
shouldn't even be a women's and men's division. only need one division, either you're good enough to compete in it or you're not. gender doesn't matter  :)

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #54785 on: January 18, 2019, 07:10:34 PM »
I sincerely hope reset wins this rhetorical point because one day in the future I want to see all women's world records held by women

Proving that women can always best women in physical activities and making it impossible for the women to compete (because they're women and not women)
Uncle

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #54786 on: January 18, 2019, 07:13:34 PM »
Imagine Federer going trans and destroying serena along with every other woman like they were children  :lol

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #54787 on: January 18, 2019, 07:17:04 PM »
Lesnar going trans and fighting two women at a time, crushing them both with ease. She-Lesnar could take out the whole women's division fighting them all at once  :lol :lol :lol

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #54788 on: January 18, 2019, 07:23:47 PM »
Imagine riootous going trans and destroying tinder with little to no resistance  :delicious

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #54789 on: January 18, 2019, 07:25:46 PM »
They really think a biological male body has no strength, size or bone mass advantages over a biological female one?

How delusional

Are you kidding? Sure they do!

Never really thought about it, definitely a double standard. If a guy hit a girl on the other hand, he would literally be surrounded. That kinda shit didn't fly.
There's a difference between getting hit by a bicycle and getting hit by a truck.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/boys-more-likely-to-be-victims-of-teen-dating-violence-than-girls-study-shows-violence-down-overall.94203/post-17004619

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #54790 on: January 18, 2019, 07:37:21 PM »

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #54791 on: January 18, 2019, 07:44:27 PM »
Plywood used to obsess hard over Victoria justice, when she was still jailbait. As in fistful obsession of neatly organised folders, and posting +60mb gifs. No wonder he gave up

benjipwns

« Reply #54792 on: January 18, 2019, 07:45:01 PM »
There are no conspiracies in this world and everything is out in the open. There was not a shadowy hand behind Gamergate, Gamergate was just a reflection of the morals and beliefs of the people who flocked to it. Those happen to be similar to the Alt-right at large.

I sort of side-eye everyone who thinks this way because it smacks of growing up in a sheltered bubble.

benjipwns

« Reply #54793 on: January 18, 2019, 07:45:58 PM »
You can trace the Trump presidency and the resurgence of neo-Nazism back to two people: Eron Gonji (AKA Zoë Quinn's shitty, petulant ex-) and Norwegian terrorist/WoW fanatic Anders Breivik.

It's gamers all the way down.

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #54794 on: January 18, 2019, 07:47:31 PM »
This idea is way too appealing to you filler.

One man vs two, uh, ahem, Transgender Performers of Erotics is a common genre

How delusional

Are you kidding? Sure they do!

Never really thought about it, definitely a double standard. If a guy hit a girl on the other hand, he would literally be surrounded. That kinda shit didn't fly.
There's a difference between getting hit by a bicycle and getting hit by a truck.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/boys-more-likely-to-be-victims-of-teen-dating-violence-than-girls-study-shows-violence-down-overall.94203/post-17004619

Hahaha, BCT member being transphobic.  Enjoy your 1 month ban only to be reversed in 7 days.

Edit: oh lol, I thought that was in the Rhonda Rousey thread. 
sigh

Boredfrom

« Reply #54795 on: January 18, 2019, 07:50:48 PM »
Sorry, I just assumed you played video games.

Okay, that was a excellent comeback.

BisMarckie

« Reply #54796 on: January 18, 2019, 07:51:08 PM »
So you're trying to tell me that Vladimir Putin does not care about Polygon or Kotaku?

Besides the fact they put all of their ressources into the Jill Stein campaign of course.

Boredfrom

« Reply #54797 on: January 18, 2019, 07:51:52 PM »
Stinkles is going full conspiracy in the Buzzfeed Mueller thread now
www.twitter.com/buzzfeednews/status/1086419880025284608
One of but not 100% but the important thing here is "accurate characterization" and more importantly that they need to put some sort of armor atop this item.

I think Giuliani leaked the WSJ Cohen thing to distract from the buzzfeed thing and I suspect the impending buzzfeed thing is spiritually true. This comment from Mueller should be taken as a very bad portent for Trump rather than a rebuke of buzzfeed.

This means Mueller has established a rollout and constitutional plan.
wow if spiritually true

Buzzfed is wrong on something? No way.

benjipwns

« Reply #54798 on: January 18, 2019, 07:55:58 PM »
One of the other things that still doesn't sit right was the FBI not bringing charges related to the threats coming from those associated with gamergate. Considering the severity of the threats and the obvious political presence it does create a sense there may have been pressure on the investigation to not bring forward charges.
As charges would interfere with gamergate as a means to funnel support for Trump.
:dead :dead :dead :dead

Boredfrom

« Reply #54799 on: January 18, 2019, 07:57:44 PM »
Mistakes in reporting is not fake news. Fake news is the deliberate act of dishonestly passing along false information.

:lol

You know that there is journalistic standards? That there is a reason why reporters don’t go “fuck you Trump” when asking him a question?

Boredfrom

« Reply #54800 on: January 18, 2019, 08:01:25 PM »
“NYT are a bunch of scumbags and not real journalists like Gawker.”

BisMarckie

« Reply #54801 on: January 18, 2019, 08:03:00 PM »

You know that there is journalistic standards? That there is a reason why reporters don’t go “fuck you Trump” when asking him a question?

It's more suspicious to not be angry at this point.

benjipwns

« Reply #54802 on: January 18, 2019, 08:09:16 PM »
So this guy you are replying to is what, a big Republican or a Russian?
A senator possibly?

8 ball reads: Could be spiritually true
why does it have to be an either/or? we know what happened with GamerGate.

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #54803 on: January 18, 2019, 08:09:54 PM »
The only reason The Washington Post and NYC refused to confirm the story is verified is, well, you know why.
sigh

BisMarckie

« Reply #54804 on: January 18, 2019, 08:10:21 PM »
To believe that Russian troll farms think that resetera LLC is significant enough to be targeted is hilarious.

It's not like it is the 5th largest referrer to the Hilary Clinton campaign site.

It's almost as dumb as believing that  the Bire is not infested with astroturfers paid by Chipotle.

Boredfrom

« Reply #54805 on: January 18, 2019, 08:11:17 PM »

It's more suspicious to not be angry at this point.

Well, I don’t doubt most of the Press in the WH hates Trump guts, but they still need to act professionally to a degree.

Boredfrom

« Reply #54806 on: January 18, 2019, 08:13:52 PM »
As I said in the other thread, this will be a milestone moment in journalism depending on how this pans out.

This is not exactly the first time buzzed jumps the gun regarding Trump.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #54807 on: January 18, 2019, 08:13:59 PM »
You can trace the Trump presidency and the resurgence of neo-Nazism back to two people: Eron Gonji (AKA Zoë Quinn's shitty, petulant ex-) and Norwegian terrorist/WoW fanatic Anders Breivik.

It's gamers all the way down.

What in the actual fuck

Possibly spiritually true, perhaps
©@©™

BisMarckie

« Reply #54808 on: January 18, 2019, 08:15:27 PM »
As a non-American I can't deny that part of me would find it absolutely hilarious if the Mueller report turns out to be a huge nothingburger.

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #54809 on: January 18, 2019, 08:17:13 PM »
One of the other things that still doesn't sit right was the FBI not bringing charges related to the threats coming from those associated with gamergate. Considering the severity of the threats and the obvious political presence it does create a sense there may have been pressure on the investigation to not bring forward charges.
As charges would interfere with gamergate as a means to funnel support for Trump.
:dead :dead :dead :dead

The FBI, famously Trumps best friend

Boredfrom

« Reply #54810 on: January 18, 2019, 08:20:44 PM »
As a non-American I can't deny that part of me would find it absolutely hilarious if the Mueller report turns out to be a huge nothingburger.

I seriously doubt that.

This is a due process as it core.

Well fuck. I was gonna binge clips of today's coverage tonight. Guess I'll just play FTL.

Reee deserves Trump.

Boredfrom

« Reply #54811 on: January 18, 2019, 08:34:11 PM »
Frankly, even if the characterization had inaccuracies, I wish Mueller's team would have just shut the fuck up. Comey fucked up by talking too much about and sharing too much about the Clinton e-mail investigation, which turned out to be nothing. Mueller remains absolutely tight lipped until now? Over this? Making me question just how competent he actually is and whether or not he has run an investigation that will result in anything meaningful aside from the convictions we've already seen.

HOLY FUCK WHY ARE YOU GUYS THIS DUMB ?

benjipwns

« Reply #54812 on: January 18, 2019, 08:34:53 PM »
Mueller has yet to charge anyone with anything related to the 2016 election. This is because he's keeping the juicy stuff for the series finale. The spiritually true stuff nobody else on the planet has been able to uncover anything about. Partly because one of the masterminds, Total Biscuit, committed suicide rather than face justice.

Bananas

« Reply #54813 on: January 18, 2019, 08:37:22 PM »
Sorry, I just assumed you played video games.
I'm missing the link between playing ToV Complete Edition on my new PC and some internet personality.

Maybe because I'm not a stupid lolcow?

Boredfrom

« Reply #54814 on: January 18, 2019, 08:39:03 PM »
n the Buzzfeed article before the Councel statement: "A spokesperson for the Office of Special Counsel declined to comment."

Why didn't they lell them to stop the story quicker

:mike

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #54816 on: January 18, 2019, 08:40:40 PM »
semi-gaf related because of whitta but this reddit title had me laughing

Rogue One writer Gary Whitta on EA's handling of the Star Wars license - "It has been catastrophically mismanaged. If I were Disney, I’d be fucking furious
https://old.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/ahge9l/rogue_one_writer_gary_whitta_on_eas_handling_of/

:thinking

Boredfrom

« Reply #54817 on: January 18, 2019, 08:42:08 PM »
semi-gaf related because of whitta but this reddit title had me laughing

Rogue One writer Gary Whitta on EA's handling of the Star Wars license - "It has been catastrophically mismanaged. If I were Disney, I’d be fucking furious
https://old.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/ahge9l/rogue_one_writer_gary_whitta_on_eas_handling_of/

:thinking

After Earth writer Gary Whitta

benjipwns

« Reply #54818 on: January 18, 2019, 08:46:36 PM »
So when does ResetERA.com's amateur anthropologists and followers of American culture connect the dots of Mueller being a registered Republican, being the prior head of the FBI, and possibly having ties to Eron Gonji?

benjipwns

« Reply #54819 on: January 18, 2019, 08:50:37 PM »
What does Robert Mueller know about Ubisoft (a foreign company, thus likely Russian controlled) erasing homosexuals from Assassins Creed and Nintendo (a foreign company, also likely Russian controlled, that collaborated with GamerGate on firing Allison Rapp) inserting secret racist dog whistles into Smash Brothers? Why won't he speak up about this? And why won't he just keep quiet rather than correcting the record without even issuing a verification code?

Skullfuckers Anonymous

• Will hunt bullies for fruit baskets. PM for details.
« Reply #54820 on: January 18, 2019, 08:53:16 PM »
n the Buzzfeed article before the Councel statement: "A spokesperson for the Office of Special Counsel declined to comment."

Why didn't they lell them to stop the story quicker

:mike

I guess Mueller is compromised.

Boredfrom

« Reply #54821 on: January 18, 2019, 08:57:56 PM »
That was an unexpected twist. Looks like people were getting excited for nothing and jumped the gun instead of waiting for corroboration. Buzz Feed has ruined its reputation and will never be trusted again. As usual, there is no "smocking" gun. The Mueller report is likely to be anti climatic. It's up to the American people to vote Donald Trump out.

The use of "smocking" makes me think this is a parody post but I'm not sure

Thank you for providing a textbook example of jumping the gun. And decent satire

REEE is so fucking petty.

Boredfrom

« Reply #54822 on: January 18, 2019, 09:01:13 PM »
My problem with Mueller's statement is the term "not accurate", which in plain english could include anything being slightly technically wrong to entirely false.

It's unacceptable to be that vague in a public statement for a case that basically has to be decided by the public through their representatives.

:doge

That is not his fucking problem you dumbfuck...

benjipwns

« Reply #54823 on: January 18, 2019, 09:02:35 PM »
I think Mueller is obviously trying to get BuzzFeed to release the even bigger bombshell he knows they have so that Trump immediately resigns out of terror. He's trying to get them to hurry up and end this nightmare rather than trickling out their reporting allowing Trump to continue to fuel GamerGate.

Boredfrom

« Reply #54824 on: January 18, 2019, 09:04:11 PM »
Really that distinction doesn't matter at this point. The fact they said anything at has completely turned the narrative and Trump and friends will take full advantage. Unless someone else corroborates that report the only truth that will remain is Teflon Don getting out of another one and Buzzfeed's reputation in ruins. Buzzfeed can only hope to get some solid proof/corroboration or pray Mueller's report vindicates them in the end.

I can live with that.

You know what will happen right?

Media knows trump will use buzzfeed to attack media

So media will destroy buzzfeed and say they are shoddy and not serious in order to save the narrative that media is not the enemy

Just like Gawker...

benjipwns

« Reply #54825 on: January 18, 2019, 09:08:01 PM »
Mueller is probably spending so much time being a gamer playing Kingdom Come: Deliverance that he refuses to do his job and convict Orange ShitFaceMcGee.

benjipwns

« Reply #54826 on: January 18, 2019, 09:08:56 PM »
wait, actually I bet Mueller is preparing his exoneration of Cheeto Hitler to release alongside women murder simulator The Last Night as part of a final reward to GamerGate

"they just leveled up"

Boredfrom

« Reply #54827 on: January 18, 2019, 09:13:03 PM »
It will be up to the American people to judge the media but most already hate it, trump will just use this as gasoline. Smart ones will understand the situation but most will just say fake news can't trust half the population when they voted for the idiot

"Meanwhile the NY Times keeps giving platform to Nazis..."

pizzashit

« Reply #54828 on: January 18, 2019, 09:13:10 PM »
spiritually she is much older than 18, your honor

:expert

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #54829 on: January 18, 2019, 09:13:59 PM »
I can't believe this was already enough to cause meltdowns.

Boredfrom

« Reply #54830 on: January 18, 2019, 09:14:39 PM »
Which is incredibly troubling if that's the case.

How the hell else does it end if not politically? We're just going to let the intelligence agencies indict whatever president they want despite a history of abuse from those agencies, and let the lifetime justice appointments of an increasingly radicle and partisan court decide the fate of the presidency?

And if it's going to end politically, then the narrative better enter the equation. Not in a biased way, but in a way that doesn't let biased entities easily mislead the public with your statements.

:dayum :whatisthis :neo :cmonson

benjipwns

« Reply #54831 on: January 18, 2019, 09:25:48 PM »
This is just going to embolden the radicles so it's just better if everyone continued to believe it's true and act as it's true or else our very democracy is under threat from GamerGate. Also, while waiting for Drumpf to be jailed, why not relax and try Astro Bot™ available now on PlayStation VR™ from a company with no ties to GamerGate or...oh fuck Cory Barlog and David Jaffe I fucking forgot

benjipwns

« Reply #54832 on: January 18, 2019, 09:30:16 PM »
Has anyone tried e-mailing Robert Mueller at the Special Counsel embassy and asking him to stop undermining the media and The Resistance with his pro-gamer rhetoric?

benjipwns

« Reply #54833 on: January 18, 2019, 09:33:59 PM »
filling up that small gap where you can start making outlandish facetious/mock posts before the actual ResetERA.com catches up :lawd

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #54834 on: January 18, 2019, 09:34:35 PM »
Which is incredibly troubling if that's the case.

How the hell else does it end if not politically? We're just going to let the intelligence agencies indict whatever president they want despite a history of abuse from those agencies, and let the lifetime justice appointments of an increasingly radicle and partisan court decide the fate of the presidency?

And if it's going to end politically, then the narrative better enter the equation. Not in a biased way, but in a way that doesn't let biased entities easily mislead the public with your statements.

:dayum :whatisthis :neo :cmonson

The intelligence community does have a history of a history.
©@©™

Boredfrom

« Reply #54835 on: January 18, 2019, 09:34:52 PM »

You are correct. It really is Comey 2.0. My only critique is that part of Comey's fuck up is not saying enough about the investigation either. He said just enough to spark people's imaginations and not enough to actually inform people of the reality of the situation.

People read into these statements what they want to hear, not what they actually say or don't say. It's completely accurate to read Comey's letter as there being a glut of new info or a tiny thing check up, and it's completely accurate to read Mueller's statement as a small technical inaccuracy or categorically false, without more context. And anyone going into those statements undecided is going to see the context of an increadibly rare statement that must have caused a lot of alarm to cause that statement before they see the context of lawyerly wordplay and standard investigation procedures.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/muellers-office-says-buzzfeeds-characterization-of-the-documents-and-testimony-obtained-in-their-reporting-has-inaccuracies.94416/page-5#post-17012138

Just die, pls.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
i hate the REE new layout make harder linking specific posts. Go fuck yourself Rioutous  :-*
[close]

benjipwns

« Reply #54836 on: January 18, 2019, 09:37:29 PM »
It wouldn’t be public and it would be limited to this question because the Pandora’s box has been opened. This story is not going away it’s only going away.
:ohhh

benjipwns

« Reply #54837 on: January 18, 2019, 09:43:15 PM »
Nobody in that thread, until a couple few reposting emptywheel on the last page, seem to be aware of the obvious fact that Mueller has to shoot this kind of shit down because Cohen lying under oath about specific things is the key part of their case against Cohen.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #54838 on: January 18, 2019, 09:43:40 PM »
I don't even slightly follow American politics, but I take it this Mueller guy is a big deal

Boredfrom

« Reply #54839 on: January 18, 2019, 09:45:50 PM »
I don't even slightly follow American politics, but I take it this Mueller guy is a big deal

Is more like Reee genuinely sees Trump presidency as a reality show.

I mean, for their own sake. They've worked hard for respectability, so this story could make or break them.

For a guys that shit on the NYT because their opinion section, feels weird you guys are okay with Buzzfed fucking up big time (again).