Author Topic: Other Forums |OT| ♀ C O R E V A L U E S ♀ Sponsored By THQNordic  (Read 5901102 times)

railGUN

• If my bones are breaking would you tell me that I'm weak?
Re: Other Forums |OT| The Desperation For Outrage
« Reply #54720 on: January 18, 2019, 10:34:12 AM »
Love the hypocrisy of Evilore liking this when the rest of us are unable to use that function. Kinda makes my point about the value of it. Still don't understand why we've gone from transparency and openness to... this.

:lol are you new or something?
Fish<

BisMarckie

« Reply #54721 on: January 18, 2019, 10:36:12 AM »
Our first Bire community doxx of 2019  :heart

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #54722 on: January 18, 2019, 10:36:33 AM »
that dude that lied about being a developer is up in that texting while driving thread too smh, even posted a giant infographic

benjipwns

« Reply #54723 on: January 18, 2019, 10:38:18 AM »
Quote from: PhoenixDark
Why is the boy riding a bike, and the girl playing with dolls? I find the gender roles in this video so troubling it invalidates the message.

benjipwns

« Reply #54724 on: January 18, 2019, 10:39:15 AM »
Quote from: Great Rumbler
This is almost as bad as that thread where Amir0x admitted to driving while intoxicated.
:thinking what did the bire mods know then that they were keeping from us

benjipwns

« Reply #54725 on: January 18, 2019, 10:50:06 AM »
i'm starting to think i'm going to have to make a chart like this for the bire mods conspiracy:

BisMarckie

« Reply #54726 on: January 18, 2019, 10:53:12 AM »
Why is Aleksandr Dugin the biggest name on that chart?

He writes Nintex-tier political fanfics.  :doge

benjipwns

« Reply #54727 on: January 18, 2019, 11:03:48 AM »
They shrunk him on the latest revision of the chart: https://www.docdroid.net/zJankJ3/red-brown-map.pdf

But the NAZI PUG is still on there. Key evidence against dogs on the internet imo.

pizzashit

« Reply #54728 on: January 18, 2019, 11:27:37 AM »
Having to grind posts on gaming side but the cap for new content at off topic just keeps getting higher. I swear this new era expansion is just getting to be too much work 

:stahp

marrec

« Reply #54729 on: January 18, 2019, 12:01:51 PM »
Wait why is Benji going full Kiwi on Sabrina?

benjipwns

« Reply #54730 on: January 18, 2019, 12:09:43 PM »
to 503 ResetERA.com obv

benjipwns

« Reply #54731 on: January 18, 2019, 12:10:26 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/hypothesis-gamergate-was-the-same-movement-that-interfered-in-the-2016-american-election.94326/
I am an amateur anthropologist, sociologist, and follower of American culture from those perspectives. I am also American, but not all Americans really study their own culture in a serious manner.

Gamergate was a remarkable cultural event within geek culture that has no obvious parallels in both scope and sophistication. I don't mean the personal shit that was the origin, but the strange leviathan that gamergate became with the false messaging and cult-like activities and the strange bot-like identities on twitter. Take any cultural difference of opinion, gamergate was another level. It felt like there was a lot of effort working behind the scenes to push it beyond your normal cultural disagreement.

At the time, I ran an experiment on twitter. I have a basically non-existent presence there. I posted about the hashtag criticizing the movement and instantly, systematically, constantly I was attacked. It was a swarm with a kind of intelligence. I had never seen anything like it.....until the 2016 American Presidential election.

The level of effort and sophistication are similar. Gamergate occurred in 2014. Gamergate could have been an early effort to influence American culture. I have to assume these folks play games, take part in the culture - hell I am sure some of them are members on this forum. Either it was a test run, or something they did in their off-time, for fun.

They are just too similar to me to not be related in some way.
This is already known. Russia actively pushed Gamergate nonsense.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #54732 on: January 18, 2019, 12:12:13 PM »
Satoru Iwata
(December 6, 1959 – July 11, 2015)
ὕβρις

benjipwns

« Reply #54733 on: January 18, 2019, 12:13:45 PM »
Also, I am an amateur anthropologist, sociologist, and follower of American culture from those perspectives.

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #54734 on: January 18, 2019, 12:16:49 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/hypothesis-gamergate-was-the-same-movement-that-interfered-in-the-2016-american-election.94326/
I am an amateur anthropologist, sociologist, and follower of American culture from those perspectives. I am also American, but not all Americans really study their own culture in a serious manner.

Gamergate was a remarkable cultural event within geek culture that has no obvious parallels in both scope and sophistication. I don't mean the personal shit that was the origin, but the strange leviathan that gamergate became with the false messaging and cult-like activities and the strange bot-like identities on twitter. Take any cultural difference of opinion, gamergate was another level. It felt like there was a lot of effort working behind the scenes to push it beyond your normal cultural disagreement.

At the time, I ran an experiment on twitter. I have a basically non-existent presence there. I posted about the hashtag criticizing the movement and instantly, systematically, constantly I was attacked. It was a swarm with a kind of intelligence. I had never seen anything like it.....until the 2016 American Presidential election.

The level of effort and sophistication are similar. Gamergate occurred in 2014. Gamergate could have been an early effort to influence American culture. I have to assume these folks play games, take part in the culture - hell I am sure some of them are members on this forum. Either it was a test run, or something they did in their off-time, for fun.

Quote from: Joe Shlabotnik, post: 16998002, member: 18086
Yes, this isn’t largely disputed.

:thinking
Margs

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #54735 on: January 18, 2019, 12:18:21 PM »
Gamergate was sophisticated? It's funny how highly they think of a hashtag "movement".

benjipwns

« Reply #54736 on: January 18, 2019, 12:20:10 PM »
but seriously, i clicked on her post history and saw how she reasoned with "low post trolls" which was funny and then i thought it was weird she posted so much in the Real Pic thread without posting a picture, but she did post a picture of her wedding, i didn't know she was a texting while driving advocate who once was also the loon who ruined the funny picture thread

now i got a transhuman and transphobe getting on my case, this is why minorities and women are leaving in caravans to join GamerGate

benjipwns

« Reply #54737 on: January 18, 2019, 12:21:21 PM »
Gamergate was sophisticated? It's funny how highly they think of a hashtag "movement".
Either it was a test run, or something they did in their off-time, for fun.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #54738 on: January 18, 2019, 12:23:53 PM »

This is obviously false conspiracy theory.
Era have already determined that Trumps election was a by-product of the release date of Pokémon Sun and Moon

benjipwns

« Reply #54739 on: January 18, 2019, 12:24:14 PM »
since Cauliflower isn't here i'll suggest it's part of _______ doing the ______ while the LLC tries to cover its tracks

benjipwns

« Reply #54740 on: January 18, 2019, 12:26:02 PM »
I thought it was already well known that Gamergate was a test run for alt right fuckery and 2016.
Not trying to devalue your analysis OP, but this isn't really that big of a revelation.
It's been known for a while that GG was a beta test of sorts.
People still have Total Biscuit avatars over in the Gaming section.

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #54741 on: January 18, 2019, 12:27:47 PM »
The entitlement here is amazing. "forgiveness"  :lol like UBI needs the forgiveness of these turds.

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #54742 on: January 18, 2019, 12:37:26 PM »
The entitlement here is amazing. "forgiveness"  :lol like UBI needs the forgiveness of these turds.

(Image removed from quote.)

But their character was RAPED*!!

Actually not raped, all sex was consensual, but you know, it still totally feels like rape and describing it as such isn't making light of real rape at all

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #54743 on: January 18, 2019, 12:37:29 PM »
Having to grind posts on gaming side but the cap for new content at off topic just keeps getting higher. I swear this new era expansion is just getting to be too much work 

:stahp

I know what you mean, I passed the 70s a while back but I have to get above like 300 now?  And wait long enough so the account is properly old enough?  bull shit
Uncle

« Reply #54744 on: January 18, 2019, 12:38:54 PM »
So what did Ubisoft promise Fallout New Vegas levels of reactivity, and then deliver Fallout 4 instead?

Boredfrom

« Reply #54745 on: January 18, 2019, 12:42:20 PM »
So what did Ubisoft promise Fallout New Vegas levels of reactivity, and then deliver Fallout 4 instead?

They promised Mass Effect romances and they got David Cage ones in the DLC

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #54746 on: January 18, 2019, 12:47:29 PM »

Are your enemies a bunch of laughable snowflakes, incels and soyboys, ineffective in love and life, lashing out moronically on their chaotic chan forums

or are they insidious, deceptively cunning, plotting in hidden threads on their well organized chan forums, unleashing perfectly-timed-and-tuned attacks on the unwitting public
Uncle

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #54747 on: January 18, 2019, 12:55:54 PM »

Are your enemies a bunch of laughable snowflakes, incels and soyboys, ineffective in love and life, lashing out moronically on their chaotic chan forums

or are they insidious, deceptively cunning, plotting in hidden threads on their well organized chan forums, unleashing perfectly-timed-and-tuned attacks on the unwitting public

why not zoidberg both?

Propagandhim

« Reply #54748 on: January 18, 2019, 01:04:06 PM »
Sergey Lavrov ordering another Twitter account to sarcastically tweet about Zoey Quinn's patreon account.  #TheLastNight

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #54749 on: January 18, 2019, 01:11:19 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/hypothesis-gamergate-was-the-same-movement-that-interfered-in-the-2016-american-election.94326/post-16998084

Quote from: honest_ry
Gamergate is just a bunch of virgins who like to cry online about women because they got rejected by women.

Thats my take. Im a professional anthropologist, sociologist, and follower of American culture.

Gamergate is just a bunch of virgins who like to cry online about women because they got rejected by women.

This is some sad, sad shit.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/i-gave-up-on-finding-a-partner.93961/
Quote from: Van Dine, post: 16942495, member: 51732
I gave up on companionship along time ago. i have too many severe body image issues (and not in a way that can be solved by going to the gym, so please dont hit me with that cliche) to be able to enjoy any sort of intimacy, and I have too much shame and internalized homophobia to be comfortable being in a public relationship with another man, so there's next to no point in dating.

I won't pretend it doesn't get lonely OP, but it does get easier the longer time goes on, so hang in there. Fantasy and Escapism helps quite a bit, and its definitely possible to eke out a life worth living even if you are alone, you just need to find some healthy coping mechanisms for when things get dark.

Quote from: bluehat9, post: 16942786, member: 7720
I used to think I'd never find anyone, then I tried online dating and know it for a fact.

Quote from: Mewn, post: 16943069, member: 385
Some of us just aren't made for dating and relationships. Work on yourself, and live for yourself.

Quote from: N.Domixis, post: 16943998, member: 22855
Your not alone, I gave up in middle school. I remember I had a friend that was all depressed in middle school because he never had a girl friend and yet here I am at 26 with no relationship ever with a girl. He fell into peer pressure I guess.

Quote from: killdatninja, post: 16944171, member: 8756
I feel you OP. I've got no confidence, I'm not interesting and have a hard time holding a conversation with women... which makes getting dates/dating difficult.

Keep your head up, do the only thing you can do... self-improvement... and learning from your mistakes. Hope things turn around for you OP.

Quote from: Replicant, post: 16944732, member: 6543
Me too, OP. I’m 40. I’ve dated enough though. I just think some people are better off single.

Quote from: Kain-Nosgoth, post: 16945110, member: 3650
That's where i'm at right now too

I'm 30, i gave up searching or making effort to find someone! I'm still open to it of course, and if by chance (not likely to happen) i meet someone i like, i will try something, but i don't actively search anymore! I will probably be alone and i'm fine with it

Sure it's still frustrating at time, especially when at every family gathering or with friends i'm always the one alone, but it's not that big of a deal in the end, i made peace with it

Quote from: CoyoteSpitfire, post: 16947792, member: 23975
I've given up without really trying at all, so kudos for doing that at least. I deeply envy your drunkenness though.

Quote from: Plywood, post: 16948899, member: 4139
Welcome to the club!
:reeeee

"I've given up without really trying at all" seems like it would make for a good RE slogan. :thinking
Uncle

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #54750 on: January 18, 2019, 01:34:22 PM »
But seriously, its 2019, why the fuck are people on Era still so obsessed with fucking gamergate?

Hypothesis: Because it was the last time any of these people felt connected to something, and they would really like a common enemy to unite them again under the flag of Casus Belli because all the little cliques and single-issue-concerns posters are just slowly destroying their own 'community' with their witchhunts and purity tests, and they're getting to the point where they can't even pretend to have the moral high ground to act like such vindictive, petty, misanthropic little shits to each other, and have made themselves as uninviting to any new sign ups as possible, and would really really really like some gaming press to fellate them as a forum for Cool People On the Right Side Of History.

I say this as an amateur Raconteur, Onanist, and follower of Forum culture from those perspectives. I am also a shitposter, but not all shitposters really study their own culture in a serious manner.

BisMarckie

« Reply #54751 on: January 18, 2019, 01:45:19 PM »
I thought it was already well known that Gamergate was a test run for alt right fuckery and 2016.

1914 :ufup

PogiJones

« Reply #54752 on: January 18, 2019, 02:01:28 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/ronda-rousey-in-mortal-kombat-11-is-a-disappointing-and-problematic-decision-by-nrs-check-staff-posts.94189/post-16999661
OFFICIAL STAFF COMMUNICATION
Stop derailing this thread with your opinions on moderation. Further posts of this nature will be moderated. Members attempting to rationalise or dismiss the impact of transphobic rhetoric will also be moderated. Members attempting to learn something and broaden their understanding of transgender athletes in professional sports should do so without engaging in transphobic rhetoric.

Using "moderated" as a synonym for "punished" again and again

:trigger

BisMarckie

« Reply #54753 on: January 18, 2019, 02:02:02 PM »

#blackhand  #releasethegerstmannfiles

porkbun

• #1 Pit-Fighter fan
« Reply #54754 on: January 18, 2019, 02:06:58 PM »
But seriously, its 2019, why the fuck are people on Era still so obsessed with fucking gamergate?

These people have no friends, no romantic/sexual relationships, and are estranged from their families (even though many times, they are still living with them).  Totally alone.  Even on social media, they have next to no connections or interactions (having 100K tweets but 100 followers).  They lack basic life skills ("how do I wipe my ass") and are either unemployed or in a McJob. Many have mental illness (whether real or self-diagnosed) and are in poor physical shape due to lack of activity and the diet of a 5 year old.  They need some sort of boogeyman to use as the scapegoat for their shitty lives even though the vast majority of the blame rests solely at their feet.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #54755 on: January 18, 2019, 02:07:59 PM »
YOU HAVE BEEN MODERATED

HASTA LA VISTA

NAZI
🤴

PogiJones

« Reply #54756 on: January 18, 2019, 02:09:13 PM »
There's gotta be a term for something bigger than caravans.

Something akin to Israelites fleeing Egypt during the Exodus. Whole nations trying desperately to get away from oppressors to safety. That's the current state of RE.

Propagandhim

« Reply #54757 on: January 18, 2019, 02:16:19 PM »
There's gotta be a term for something bigger than caravans.

Something akin to Israelites fleeing Egypt during the Exodus. Whole nations trying desperately to get away from oppressors to safety. That's the current state of RE.

Fuck Israel.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #54758 on: January 18, 2019, 02:23:02 PM »

marrec

« Reply #54759 on: January 18, 2019, 02:34:40 PM »
Also, I am an amateur anthropologist, sociologist, and follower of American culture from those perspectives.

You could have just said your a man of taste

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #54760 on: January 18, 2019, 02:38:22 PM »
Men you have to do better.

Instead of using efficient electric razors invented by Hitler himself use our throw away plastic shit instead.

#BeBest
🤴

Shuri

« Reply #54761 on: January 18, 2019, 02:43:38 PM »
Sonya Blade is based on Cynthia Rothrock, a well known martial artist and actress in tons of american and hk-made movies from the ‘80

Sonya in MK1 had the same damn haircut

:doge I guess the great minds of resetera posters forgot about one of the first strong female lead in action films.  :doge

BisMarckie

« Reply #54762 on: January 18, 2019, 02:43:57 PM »
Procter & Gamble as a progressive role model. :rejoice

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #54763 on: January 18, 2019, 02:52:58 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/hypothesis-gamergate-was-the-same-movement-that-interfered-in-the-2016-american-election.94326/post-17001541

User Banned (Permanent): Downplaying the impact of a hate movement. History of severe infractions.
This forum is so laughable in the myriad of ways it'll go to try and pin all of society's evils on what was largely an irrelevant and short-lived moment that was almost five years ago. Seriously, get over it. There are real problems out there that need to be addressed that have nothing to do with the GamerGate boogeyman.

Not even with the "duration pending" misdirect, straight to the perm of 'downplaying' the 'impact' of a 'hate movement'.

edit:
that history of severe infractions tho
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 02:57:21 PM by GreatSageEqualOfHeaven »

PogiJones

« Reply #54764 on: January 18, 2019, 02:53:36 PM »

Women and minorities fleeing RE

BisMarckie

« Reply #54765 on: January 18, 2019, 02:56:42 PM »
We won't know the true fallout from Gamergate for decades.

:doge

Propagandhim

« Reply #54766 on: January 18, 2019, 03:05:07 PM »
They should more accurately word it "please don't dismiss the impact Ronda Rousey's facial features in MK11 has" because, well, that's exactly the premise for the thread.

Ronda Rousey is a genuinely terrible person with terrible views, but people ate her shit up, even at GAF/ResetERA. Someone would go "those comments are pretty shitty" or "wow she seems to lack basic fundamentals so I doubt she'd be able to take on a Mayweather”, but those concerns would be dogpiled and people would champion her. It wasn't until she spectacularly lost to Nunes that people started paying attention and dropped her as a feminist icon, ironically a rather shitty reason that also lead to the decline of popular interest in female MMA.

Corporations also only ever push on celebrities for money, attention, and personality. They could give a shit about propagating her views, it's merely a cynical decision with very little actual desire to have said person in. Same thing goes for Pepsi, Gillette, and all the other "brave" companies who try doing this shit. But of course, cynical takes are often shat on, so the reality is that ERA remains a slightly tinged version of whatever crowd WB goes for. They largely will buy into the same cynical bullshit whether it be from MCU, Star Wars, Ghostbusters etc. to the point where they're so bought that even calling a movie shit or accusing a corporation is "suspect".

The highly sexist industry that is convenience razor blades w/ handles makes a woke AD despite, and despite being developed by marketing heads/CEOs who largely propagated sexism as a means of operating their business (and continue to rely on such tactics), will have jabroni marks buying some shitty ass $10 razor at Publix with pride, and may even continue to repeat their business as the next "BUY OUR NEW MANLY RAZOR WITH TECHNOLOGY DESIGNED EXCLUSIVELY FOR MALE HAIR FOLLICLES" AD goes up on the next issue of Sports Illustrated.

/TedTalk

The year: 2019.  Finally.  A ragtag group of developers dare to make a game about mental illness that explores the symbiotic relationship between woke capital and the anti-corporate left.

:nope

:ohyeah

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #54767 on: January 18, 2019, 03:07:30 PM »
We won't know the true fallout from Gamergate for decades.

:doge

Thats only because the patriarchal academic orthodoxy blindly refuse to acknowledge the terrors of gamergate and dropping rocks from the moon and give tenure.

Luckily I'm sure there are gofundmes and patreons available to help expose the reds under our beds real and extremely contemporary and definitely relevant threat to freedom democracy apple pie

ResetBanBot

« Reply #54768 on: January 18, 2019, 03:20:55 PM »
It's all true, I got Trump elected and I'm not even American. I think that makes me a foreign agitator or something like that. Hopefully congress will investigate me soon.

PogiJones

« Reply #54769 on: January 18, 2019, 03:33:55 PM »
Hey ban bot, you should make a graph of how many outrage threads there are on the front page of each forum each hour. The outrage threads would have to be manually flagged, but that should be simple considering how often they're continually bumped.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #54770 on: January 18, 2019, 03:37:57 PM »

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #54771 on: January 18, 2019, 03:42:42 PM »
If purplegaf really wanted to be honest about the precursor of gamergate, they'd remember this thread which existed solely to mock the shit-tier journalistic integrity of the enthusiast press and many names you will still recognise from era posted within it.

Or perhaps it was even earlier than that, when the 'real press' guy exposed what he got as a swag bag from MS, where the enthusiast press who also all received free Xboxes and cat helmets didn't say shit to anyone because they were so accustomed to their little publisher freebies it didn't even cross their minds that a thing called conflict of interest exists.

Or earlier than that, the known fanboy journos ascending from press shills to actual pr shills at their favorite companies, and maybe ending up with important positions on actual dev teams for their favorite games luke smith frank o'connor.

but nah, we've always been at war with eurasia.

Bananas

« Reply #54772 on: January 18, 2019, 04:19:04 PM »

Bananas

« Reply #54773 on: January 18, 2019, 04:19:24 PM »
It's all true, I got Trump elected and I'm not even American. I think that makes me a foreign agitator or something like that. Hopefully congress will investigate me soon.
Well, lolcow is certainly pro-trump.

ResetBanBot

« Reply #54774 on: January 18, 2019, 04:59:26 PM »
Were you able to pass along my message about Doug TenNapel, Bananas?

Bananas

« Reply #54775 on: January 18, 2019, 05:03:48 PM »
Were you able to pass along my message about Doug TenNapel, Bananas?
Who?

ResetBanBot

« Reply #54776 on: January 18, 2019, 05:09:02 PM »
The Earthworm Jim guy, he's rubbing shoulders with Internet Bloodsports personalities. Prime outrage bait for ResetEra.

Bananas

« Reply #54777 on: January 18, 2019, 05:40:03 PM »
The Earthworm Jim guy, he's rubbing shoulders with Internet Bloodsports personalities. Prime outrage bait for ResetEra.
I don't know him. I'm not obsessed with internet personalities.

ResetBanBot

« Reply #54778 on: January 18, 2019, 05:47:44 PM »
Sorry, I just assumed you played video games.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #54779 on: January 18, 2019, 05:48:34 PM »
eeeewww get those dirty Nazi digital entertainments out of here :holeup

Yikes

Ooffff

Dawg

If purplegaf really wanted to be honest about the precursor of gamergate, they'd remember this thread which existed solely to mock the shit-tier journalistic integrity of the enthusiast press and many names you will still recognise from era posted within it.

Or perhaps it was even earlier than that, when the 'real press' guy exposed what he got as a swag bag from MS, where the enthusiast press who also all received free Xboxes and cat helmets didn't say shit to anyone because they were so accustomed to their little publisher freebies it didn't even cross their minds that a thing called conflict of interest exists.

Or earlier than that, the known fanboy journos ascending from press shills to actual pr shills at their favorite companies, and maybe ending up with important positions on actual dev teams for their favorite games luke smith frank o'connor.

but nah, we've always been at war with eurasia.
That is what I love about REEE

That they spawned from a place that created the entire gamergate movement in the first place.  :lol
🤴