Author Topic: Other Forums |OT| ♀ C O R E V A L U E S ♀ Sponsored By THQNordic  (Read 5901161 times)

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
Re: Other Forums |OT| The Desperation For Outrage
« Reply #54840 on: January 18, 2019, 09:50:01 PM »
I don't even slightly follow American politics, but I take it this Mueller guy is a big deal
A bunch of people on ResetERA.com have avatars of him. So yes, he's expected to be in the next Smash Bros. Anime.

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX
« Reply #54841 on: January 18, 2019, 09:59:35 PM »
Satoru Iwata
(December 6, 1959 – July 11, 2015)

yiikes

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX
« Reply #54842 on: January 18, 2019, 10:15:07 PM »
say what you will about buzzfeed, but I bet they actually post fucking links  :doge

benjipwns

« Reply #54843 on: January 18, 2019, 10:17:24 PM »
GamerGate posted links.

Boredfrom

« Reply #54844 on: January 18, 2019, 10:17:54 PM »
say what you will about buzzfeed, but I bet they actually post fucking links  :doge

Good thing I m not a journo.

Have this:

I’m emotionally drained. It has been exhausting these past two years. I have little reason to believe Trump can be defeated. All the way down to his fucking diet. He never excercises, eats like a pig and is entirely healthy at 72. Nothing goes wrong with this asshole.

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX
« Reply #54845 on: January 18, 2019, 10:23:51 PM »

i hate the REE new layout make harder linking specific posts. Go fuck yourself Rioutous  :-*

yeah, right clicking on a post number and selecting "copy link address" is very difficult
 :mike

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX
« Reply #54846 on: January 18, 2019, 10:28:08 PM »
btw I'm watching S03E01 of the Grand Tour and right now Jeremy Clarkson is talking.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
please don't ban me!
[close]

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #54847 on: January 18, 2019, 10:39:51 PM »
Can we put "Jeremy Clarkson" in the word filter?

yuk

benjipwns

« Reply #54848 on: January 18, 2019, 10:41:25 PM »
Well, I think he's a decent player to bring off the bench to get buckets and create plays for a unit that can't. Even if he's probably not totally worth the contract the Lakers gave him.

Boredfrom

« Reply #54849 on: January 18, 2019, 10:42:39 PM »

i hate the REE new layout make harder linking specific posts. Go fuck yourself Rioutous  :-*

yeah, right clicking on a post number and selecting "copy link address" is very difficult
 :mike

The current layout is different, though. Or at least for me that I dont have an account.

The links just direct me to the page but not the actual post so...

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #54850 on: January 18, 2019, 10:59:25 PM »
I know nothing about basketball. My friend had to explain to me what "Linsanity" and "Malice at the Palace" were

benjipwns

« Reply #54851 on: January 18, 2019, 11:11:16 PM »
Exactly what I'd expect from a Sydney Kings bandwagoner.

Boredfrom

« Reply #54852 on: January 18, 2019, 11:18:31 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/muellers-office-says-buzzfeeds-characterization-of-the-documents-and-testimony-obtained-in-their-reporting-has-inaccuracies.94416/page-7#post-17013853

At the very least, it's his job to inform the public of the facts surrounding the impeachment case, even if he shouldn't take one side.

Lawyer speak is beyond useless in that situation, where he's honestly making the public more uninformed.

Is a fucking ongoing investigation dumbass.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #54853 on: January 18, 2019, 11:20:57 PM »
No, I only follow track and feild events like women's hurdles or women's pole vaulting. Also, the Heptathlon (women's).

benjipwns

« Reply #54854 on: January 18, 2019, 11:20:58 PM »
Mueller shouldn't be making any comments regarding impeachment, he's not a member of the House (nor can he act in a capacity as a private citizen), he's an acting law enforcement official. The House is the sole arbiter of what rises to treason, bribery and other high crimes and misdemeanors in terms of impeachment.

The Democrats are already trying to quash talk of impeachment because it'd go nowhere, if Mueller came out and said there was no evidence of Trump doing anything worth charging, they would shut that shit down even harder except for the fringest of fringe members.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 11:27:54 PM by benjipwns »

benjipwns

« Reply #54855 on: January 18, 2019, 11:29:40 PM »
This is why more members there should work harder to learn how to read faster than people talk so they stop simmering in the slow boil of MSNBC and get into full blown Democratic Twitter addiction.

Boredfrom

« Reply #54856 on: January 18, 2019, 11:32:24 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/muellers-office-says-buzzfeeds-characterization-of-the-documents-and-testimony-obtained-in-their-reporting-has-inaccuracies.94416/page-7

Did anyone really expect them to come out and say "yep BuzzFeed is 100% accurate, what they've reported is exactly what we've got". I'd say the article is around 95% accurate and more than likely one of the two law enforcement officials BuzzFeed used as a source got some minor details wrong and Muellers team is squashing that.

And making it sound like the entire article is false in the process.

:brazilcry

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #54857 on: January 18, 2019, 11:53:48 PM »
Look at this idiot on poliera

I knew I'd get dogpiled the moment I posted that, and I'm ok with that. Having everyone agree with you isn't a prerequisite for posting in this thread

For fucks sake, that's the most basic rule of poliera!

User banned (2 weeks): defending a sexual abuser + previous ban for the same thing

https://www.resetera.com/threads/us-poliera-2019-ot1-you-down-wit-ndp-yeah-you-know-me-whos-down-wit-aoc-this-whole-party.91114/post-17012892
:O

benjipwns

« Reply #54858 on: January 18, 2019, 11:57:15 PM »
wait, they're actually going in with the Franken is a sexual abuser thing?

benjipwns

« Reply #54859 on: January 19, 2019, 12:00:14 AM »
are they going to do that to Biden?

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #54860 on: January 19, 2019, 12:44:42 AM »
Look at this idiot on poliera

I knew I'd get dogpiled the moment I posted that, and I'm ok with that. Having everyone agree with you isn't a prerequisite for posting in this thread

For fucks sake, that's the most basic rule of poliera!

User banned (2 weeks): defending a sexual abuser + previous ban for the same thing

https://www.resetera.com/threads/us-poliera-2019-ot1-you-down-wit-ndp-yeah-you-know-me-whos-down-wit-aoc-this-whole-party.91114/post-17012892

I'm pretty sure the basic rule of poli era is to either be under the age of 16 or to have been eligible to vote in 2012 and not done so.

But now they can overcorrect and be fucking idiot a-wipes in politics.   :usacry
sigh

benjipwns

« Reply #54861 on: January 19, 2019, 01:45:50 AM »
If purplegaf really wanted to be honest about the precursor of gamergate, they'd remember this thread which existed solely to mock the shit-tier journalistic integrity of the enthusiast press and many names you will still recognise from era posted within it.

Or perhaps it was even earlier than that, when the 'real press' guy exposed what he got as a swag bag from MS, where the enthusiast press who also all received free Xboxes and cat helmets didn't say shit to anyone because they were so accustomed to their little publisher freebies it didn't even cross their minds that a thing called conflict of interest exists.

Or earlier than that, the known fanboy journos ascending from press shills to actual pr shills at their favorite companies, and maybe ending up with important positions on actual dev teams for their favorite games luke smith frank o'connor.

but nah, we've always been at war with eurasia.
User warned for: vilifying journalism.

benjipwns

« Reply #54862 on: January 19, 2019, 01:49:03 AM »
I bet if you read all 279 pages (two years) of that thread it'd be a real emotional rollercoaster since it seems to start with Dorito Pope and looking at the last page it actually ends because besada spun off a new GamerGate specific thread that then goes for 400 pages (two months) and someone asks "So this is still going on?" and someone else says "no." :lol

benjipwns

« Reply #54863 on: January 19, 2019, 01:49:32 AM »
There's also a helpful flow chart that actually makes no sense:

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #54864 on: January 19, 2019, 01:50:36 AM »
It's times like these I really miss 'Game Journalists are Incompetent Fuckwits'

benjipwns

« Reply #54865 on: January 19, 2019, 01:53:10 AM »
I'll take this moment to remaster and update my most liked comment in the "original" GamerGate thread:

Game Informer has posted monthly pictures of their editors, former editors now PR and all the various people from a hundred companies partying and doing all sorts of other stuff in the start of their magazine for the last thirteen eighteen years. :lol

benjipwns

« Reply #54866 on: January 19, 2019, 02:06:50 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/cnns-nia-malika-henderson-betos-excellent-adventure-drips-with-white-male-privilege.94271/post-16993724
OFFICIAL STAFF COMMUNICATION
Guys, this is not the place to discuss the primary. If you want to have that discussion go to the OT and don't have it here. Stay on topic, this thread is not about the electability of Beto or anyone else running for the nomination.
:idont

benjipwns

« Reply #54867 on: January 19, 2019, 02:11:02 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/ready-player-ones-ending-had-me-in-stitches.94307/post-16995419
User Banned (1 week): Posting transphobic content

Can't wait for address bars that look like this:
[MOD EDIT: Inappropriate content removed]

benjipwns

« Reply #54868 on: January 19, 2019, 02:12:19 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/ronda-rousey-in-mortal-kombat-11-is-a-disappointing-and-problematic-decision-by-nrs-check-staff-posts.94189/post-16999661
OFFICIAL STAFF COMMUNICATION
Stop derailing this thread with your opinions on moderation. Further posts of this nature will be moderated. Members attempting to rationalise or dismiss the impact of transphobic rhetoric will also be moderated. Members attempting to learn something and broaden their understanding of transgender athletes in professional sports should do so without engaging in transphobic rhetoric.
Why do I have a feeling that "broadening your understanding of transgender athletes" only means learning that "transwomen should be allowed in womens sports" or else its transphobic rhetoric? :thinking

benjipwns

« Reply #54869 on: January 19, 2019, 02:15:00 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/mortal-kombat-11-gameplay-reveal-trailer.94152/post-16974590
User Banned (3 Days): Accusing others of xenophobia
Except Japan have a lot of derivative designs and creepy fanservice and they could take notes from the West on how to make distinctive and respectable character design.
Japanese devs have also created plenty of designs not like that. Your attitude is myopic and reeks just a bit of xenophobia.
wait...what?

er i mean

counterhit

« Reply #54870 on: January 19, 2019, 02:41:39 AM »
Adam Baldwin
LIKES  HATES
Seth Rogan

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #54871 on: January 19, 2019, 03:13:50 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/yvonne-strahovski-buries-an-axe-in-her-career’s-liver-with-“he’s-out-there”-2018.94446/

One of the creepiest OP’s I’ve seen on here.

:cmonson

Plenty of people "creeped" in that thread :confused
ὕβρις

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #54872 on: January 19, 2019, 03:16:04 AM »
Your career isn't over until you're starring in a generic slasher film with Kevin Spacey

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #54874 on: January 19, 2019, 03:31:37 AM »
I just had an amazing idea for a movie. Kevin Spacey plays a former actor who is in prison hospital facility specifically for criminals whose offences involves pedophilic urges. To escape, Spacey teaches 15 of his fellow inmates his world-renowned acting skills, and convinces the uptight and greedy prison warden to let them out under guarded supervision so they can perform a one-night-only show on Broadway, during which he has divised his elaborate "Oceans 11" style escape, assisted by a team of high-profile sex perverts, portrayed where possible by their real life counterparts.

benjipwns

« Reply #54875 on: January 19, 2019, 03:39:56 AM »

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #54876 on: January 19, 2019, 03:43:11 AM »
Matt Fox - martial arts and hand-to-hand fighting expert (the "exploding cannon" of the group)
Roman Polanski - the "Mastermind" of the escape
Harvey Weinstein - bankroller
Morgan Freeman - the investigator who suspects Spacey is guilty from the start, just as Spacey is about slip through the crowd Freeman captures him, and throws him in a police car in front of the press and drives away... only to reveal that was the plan all along because Freeman was in cahoots with Spacey.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #54877 on: January 19, 2019, 03:45:27 AM »
is this doxxing kirblar? :thinking

https://twitter.com/CSDare/status/1085710127485734912

Imagine saying to a guy who fought in the Iraq War that Gamergate is important in the same way the war he lived through was.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #54878 on: January 19, 2019, 04:04:02 AM »
The thread title is a disgraceful sham

https://www.resetera.com/threads/muellers-office-says-buzzfeeds-characterization-of-the-documents-and-testimony-obtained-in-their-reporting-has-inaccuracies.94416/page-2#post-17010850

Hopefully report it hundreds of time to the moderators that knows you're a real, actual close friend of theirs so they can fix it.
ὕβρις

who is ted danson?

• ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀✋💎✋🤬
« Reply #54879 on: January 19, 2019, 04:25:38 AM »
Buzzfeed  :lol :lol :lol :lol
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX
« Reply #54880 on: January 19, 2019, 04:30:49 AM »
I have a half baked theory that because some senators and others were talking about impeachment based off Buzzfeed's article, Mueller didn't want them to completely fuck his investigation before it was watertight hence the statement. I think that Buzzfeed's article is pretty much accurate and this is Mueller trying to stop over-eager senators from doing irreversible damage to the investigation.

But what do I know.

I also can't help laughing at how all of the trumpers have been shouting "fake news" and have been whining about how Mueller is some plant, now suddenly believe what he says because in their mind it's proof that Trump is innocent.

You couldn't make it up.

lol yeah .. imagine political tribalists believing in a certain narrative and then changing their opinion of something and/or concocting wild theories about what's really going on in order to maintain that narrative.

You couldn't make it up.  :doge

benjipwns

« Reply #54881 on: January 19, 2019, 04:40:07 AM »
Impeachment doesn't protect you from criminal charges you dummy. That's why Ford had to pardon Nixon.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #54882 on: January 19, 2019, 04:48:33 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/ny-eater-yelp-reviewers’-authenticity-fetish-is-white-supremacy-in-action.94455/

While I don’t know anything about the specific demographics of the reviewers I studied...

:yeshrug
I'm not even sure I understand the argument / reasoning.

Edit : further quotes are a clearer explanation at where it is getting at. Meh.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2019, 04:58:47 AM by VomKriege »
ὕβρις

benjipwns

« Reply #54883 on: January 19, 2019, 04:59:28 AM »
Over the course of six months, from September 2016 to March 2017, I read 100 reviews (written at any point prior to March 2017) for each of the top 20 Mexican restaurants on Yelp, recording how often commenters used the term authenticity or its synonyms like “legitimate” or the phrases like “this made me feel like I was in Mexico.”
*insert dunkey video with all the game reviewers saying "it makes you feel like Batman"*

benjipwns

« Reply #54884 on: January 19, 2019, 05:05:49 AM »
there's probably some connection between outrage culture and the fact that most people are just plain bad writers or poor at expressing themselves or whatever

people often say i'm good with words (;smug) like Wrath but whenever i write at length i'm always worried about being unclear or suggesting the wrong idea, but most people don't truly self-edit, even when they write scripts and have endless chances to edit, let alone think about the construction before or as they write

since i mentioned him, people like to compare dunkey and Yahtzee, and both, irregardless of their opinions or whatever, are fantastic at constructing their words to express exactly what they want to mean with them

then you have someone like Hobbes or Stinkles

benjipwns

« Reply #54885 on: January 19, 2019, 05:08:08 AM »
i've always thought part of the magic of ghst is that he's excellent at that kind of construction, he uses so few words

that probably makes A Black Falcon the anti-ghst

skullstorm

« Reply #54886 on: January 19, 2019, 05:13:05 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/trump-is-raising-money-to-send-fake-bricks-to-pelosi-and-schumers-offices-20-20-brick.94448/#post-17015773

Did he like just watch the ep of House of Cards where someone through a brick through Frank's window

https://www.resetera.com/threads/trump-is-raising-money-to-send-fake-bricks-to-pelosi-and-schumers-offices-20-20-brick.94448/#post-17015809

Someone is going to through a brick through their office window.

:rage :rage :rage

Neither of them thought "gee this sentence looks a bit weird with the two 'throughs'"??

benjipwns

« Reply #54887 on: January 19, 2019, 05:17:54 AM »
Everything has to be a fucking circus with this idiot. We literally can’t go one day without him trying desperately to out perform everyone. Again. And again.

I’m so tired, guys.
have you tried, i dunno, not reading it?

obama was always constantly performing too, it was like i couldn't go a day without him on the news like what was his deal

benjipwns

« Reply #54888 on: January 19, 2019, 05:19:34 AM »
Real talk, it should be illegal for a sitting President to use his office for 4 years to fund raise.
Real talk, KojiKnight constantly impresses me with his complete and utter stupidity.

benjipwns

« Reply #54889 on: January 19, 2019, 05:22:44 AM »
Fuck the brick look at the text. That is NSDAP propaganda level of evil.
I'm getting real upset with people downplaying the quality assurance of the Nazi's. They wouldn't have written "fentanyl at the border enough entered u.s. to kill every american" it would have been inspiring and grammatically correct.

benjipwns

« Reply #54890 on: January 19, 2019, 05:24:44 AM »
Maybe they think Chuck and Nancy have a bunch of immigrants they can give the bricks to that can go down to the border and build the wall. :thinking

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #54891 on: January 19, 2019, 05:41:32 AM »
HARASSMENT ! :gamergate
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #54892 on: January 19, 2019, 05:56:05 AM »
An interim report could just say "we found significant Russian interference and we are investigating obstruction of justice".

https://www.resetera.com/threads/us-poliera-2019-ot1-you-down-wit-ndp-yeah-you-know-me-whos-down-wit-aoc-this-whole-party.91114/page-277#post-17017990

???
Isn't all that already stated and public ?
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #54893 on: January 19, 2019, 06:01:57 AM »
Lmao.
Well done, another nail in the coffin for investigative journalism.
Fucking assholes. All of them deserve to be fired.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/us-poliera-2019-ot1-you-down-wit-ndp-yeah-you-know-me-whos-down-wit-aoc-this-whole-party.91114/page-276#post-17017039

ONE ARTICLE IS INACCURATE, BURN IT ALL DOWN :rage
ὕβρις

benjipwns

« Reply #54894 on: January 19, 2019, 06:05:31 AM »
other part of that post is :delicious
I find it hard to believe Buzzfeed completely fucked up their biggest story, plus they reported on the Steele dossier when other media outlets didn't.

I think when this is over Buzzfeed's reporting will be vindicated, but we'll have to wait.
The Steele Dossier was pedaled to literally every major media outlet in the world and nobody would bite on it except Buzzfeed because it's borderline fan fiction rather than anything resembling a sourced intelligence report. Even Steele has said he wished they had never got it and published it because of how much he would have retracted from it if it was going to be published.

David Corn of all people wouldn't publish it. And he had it months before the election.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #54895 on: January 19, 2019, 06:07:14 AM »
Your country's political state right now.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
ὕβρις

benjipwns

« Reply #54897 on: January 19, 2019, 06:16:07 AM »
The GamerGate is going to post their memes again and Russia is going to throw all their resources behind Jill Stein and re-elect him. The only way to have stopped him would have been accurate reporting in this single case which would have nullified the memes and Jill Stein's candle magic spells.

edit: hold on, I'm getting a call from The Huffington Post

BisMarckie

« Reply #54898 on: January 19, 2019, 06:24:56 AM »
Which kind of lunatic reads yelp reviews of random Mexican restaurants?

benjipwns

« Reply #54899 on: January 19, 2019, 06:26:55 AM »
Which kind of lunatic reads yelp reviews of random Mexican restaurants?
hey pal, xhe read 20,000 Yelp reviews of ten different kids of restaurants!
I would know: I have read and studied 20,000 Yelp reviews — part of my thesis as a master’s student at New York University in the Food Studies program. I can tell you a lot about what I concluded about the depths of the internet, but I’ll start with this one: The word “authentic” in food reviews supports white supremacism, and Yelp reviews prove it.

There are 17 million restaurant reviews on Yelp from over 30 different countries. Of course, not all of these reviews support white supremacy, or even mention authenticity. I narrowed my data collection to reviews from New York, and focused my field even further by picking from Zagat’s top ten most popular cuisines in New York City: Mexican, Thai, Japanese, Chinese, French, Italian, Korean, and Indian, adding Mediterranean and Soul food based on recent dining trends. Over the course of six months, from September 2016 to March 2017, I read 100 reviews (written at any point prior to March 2017) for each of the top 20 Mexican restaurants on Yelp, recording how often commenters used the term authenticity or its synonyms like “legitimate” or the phrases like “this made me feel like I was in Mexico.” Then I kept going, ultimately reading 2,000 reviews for each of the nine other popular cuisines.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2019, 06:32:11 AM by benjipwns »