Author Topic: Other Forums |OT| ♀ C O R E V A L U E S ♀ Sponsored By THQNordic  (Read 5900758 times)

BisMarckie

Re: Other Forums |OT| The Desperation For Outrage
« Reply #60420 on: February 09, 2019, 01:43:40 PM »
I think BronsonLee nowadays legitimately believes that he is the Flyers mascot.

paprikastaude

« Reply #60421 on: February 09, 2019, 01:54:56 PM »
I think it's fair game to call out what his specific church preaches tho.

Unless it's Tom Cruise for some reason. Who is in a sect, which is something that literally harms people, unlike old ass tweets that might have something like the term sjdoubya in them which didn't harm anyone.

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #60422 on: February 09, 2019, 01:59:39 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/in-my-middle-school-debate-class-i-had-to-argue-for-the-use-of-nukes.98638/#post-17729211

Quote from: SugarNoodles
I remember in 5th grade we had a faux legislation debate thing where we were assigned to be on different sides of various issues and I absolutely could not cognitively process the idea. Like, why in the fuck am I being asked to argue in favor of something I don't agree with? Why am I being asked to lie or be a bad person?

Sounds about right.
sigh

Leadbelly

« Reply #60423 on: February 09, 2019, 02:01:36 PM »
The euphoria is :delicious in that thread

It's honestly hard to believe that there are still religious people given the availability of the internet and exposure to other ideas.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/ellen-page-calls-out-chris-pratts-infamously-anti-lgbtq-church.98497/page-6#post-17727238

lol

Really? These people preach their far-left ideology with a religious fervere, and yet they don't understand why there are still religious people.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #60424 on: February 09, 2019, 02:12:13 PM »
About that. Can I ask you a question? Let's say the Bible (or specifically whatever part of the Bible you consider that "actually counts", so the New Testament I guess) said gay people should be killed on sight. What would be your opinion on that?
https://www.resetera.com/threads/ellen-page-calls-out-chris-pratts-infamously-anti-lgbtq-church.98497/post-17738260

"what if your book actually said to kill everyone, you sheep? checkmate, jesus boy!" ::)

paprikastaude

« Reply #60425 on: February 09, 2019, 02:14:30 PM »
Go into a Nintendo or Sony circlejerk thread of PR preaching, then maybe suggest that their favorite company could improve in one area, and tell me they aren't jumping on you like religious zealots  :doge  Though the good thing compared to real religious zealots is that they are just useless manbabies who won't cause any damage from their basement.

Crash Dummy

• teleiophile
« Reply #60426 on: February 09, 2019, 02:18:50 PM »
didn't ted cruz manage to run rings around ellen page while grilling pork or some shit? why does any care about her random rants against a guy who seems pretty likeable and doesn't have a history of a history?

Boredfrom

« Reply #60427 on: February 09, 2019, 02:29:24 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/in-my-middle-school-debate-class-i-had-to-argue-for-the-use-of-nukes.98638/#post-17729211

Quote from: SugarNoodles
I remember in 5th grade we had a faux legislation debate thing where we were assigned to be on different sides of various issues and I absolutely could not cognitively process the idea. Like, why in the fuck am I being asked to argue in favor of something I don't agree with? Why am I being asked to lie or be a bad person?

Sounds about right.

They are not asking you to lie, just to see the argument. Is expected that by looking the other side you can also think a counter argument against it.

Jansen

« Reply #60428 on: February 09, 2019, 02:33:05 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/where-do-i-go-from-here.98705/

Another day another person on era that wants to die

Boredfrom

« Reply #60429 on: February 09, 2019, 02:35:08 PM »

And this particular thread is funny because...

Jansen

« Reply #60430 on: February 09, 2019, 02:38:24 PM »

Leadbelly

« Reply #60431 on: February 09, 2019, 02:39:23 PM »
Ellen, when you read this, I hope you get help for your anorexia.

Yeah. That was exactly what I was thinking when I saw her on Colbert.

Jansen

« Reply #60432 on: February 09, 2019, 02:40:28 PM »

Man you are dumb as shit

I never said it was funny just a fucking observation you dumb fuck

Get off my mother fucking nuts

BisMarckie

« Reply #60433 on: February 09, 2019, 02:41:24 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/show-me-the-best-of-youtube.98621/

People link Contrapoints and WW2 oversimplified. :stahp

I hope benji can understand my pain.

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #60434 on: February 09, 2019, 02:45:36 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/buzzfeed-five-kids-ages-12-to-16-have-been-charged-with-killing-nashville-musician.98708/

Oh noes those poor teens that murdered somebody are having their privacy breached

IDK,  should they really have their lives ruined?  It's not like they wore blackface or didn't kill a guy 40 years ago.

"I knew that killing was wrong when i was 13, they knew what they were doing, so try them as adults and put them in jail for life!"

Thats the line trotted out for every middle-schooler who says the n-word or draws a swastika.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2019, 02:54:15 PM by clothedmacuser »
sigh

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #60435 on: February 09, 2019, 02:46:48 PM »

People? One each, you drama queen. :bolo

I wish I had something like this to watch back when I had to study for history class.
This is questionable though. :lol

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #60436 on: February 09, 2019, 02:47:06 PM »

Nothing wrong with that:

Boredfrom

« Reply #60437 on: February 09, 2019, 02:47:46 PM »

Man you are dumb as shit

I never said it was funny just a fucking observation you dumb fuck

Get off my mother fucking nuts

I’m just pointing out I’m not exactly found funny a person that wants to kill himself, at least in this case.

Jansen

« Reply #60438 on: February 09, 2019, 02:53:33 PM »
Quote from: mutantmagnet, post: 17739322, member: 22362
The youngest are going to follow the lead of the 15 and 16 year old.

I still don't get what lives these kids had that led to this terrible outcome.

It's going to matter even if you don't like living in the real world.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/buzzfeed-five-kids-ages-12-to-16-have-been-charged-with-killing-nashville-musician.98708/#post-17739322

It's okay cuz their terrible upbringing must have led them to such poor decision-making. they apparently grew up in war torn Africa

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #60439 on: February 09, 2019, 02:53:46 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/buzzfeed-five-kids-ages-12-to-16-have-been-charged-with-killing-nashville-musician.98708/

Oh noes those poor teens that murdered somebody are having their privacy breached

The way the US handles privacy in their media can imo be fucked but it's also pretty transparent that they're only mad because it gives fodder to Maga Twitter. Don't think anyone cared that the Covington kids were minors for example

Boredfrom

« Reply #60440 on: February 09, 2019, 02:58:17 PM »

The way the US handles privacy in their media can imo be fucked but it's also pretty transparent that they're only mad because it gives fodder to Maga Twitter. Don't think anyone cared that the Covington kids were minors for example

Being fair, I think they care and seems to be a legit problem. But the MAGA twitter spat is a priority over that.

Propagandhim

« Reply #60441 on: February 09, 2019, 03:14:54 PM »
Lots of focus in that thread on rehabilitation and not punitively trying them as adults.  I don't think these people understand how hard it is to rehabilitate someone.  For example,  Liam Neeson is still justifiably under suspicion 40 years after his fateful stroll down that black neighborhood in Ireland.  And that's just racist thoughts.   It's gonna take at least 40,000 years to rehabilitate those kids as murderers. 

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #60442 on: February 09, 2019, 03:17:07 PM »
https://thedickinsonian.com/opinion/2019/02/07/should-white-boys-still-be-allowed-to-talk/
When you ask a question at a lecture, is it secretly just your opinion ending with the phrase “do you agree?” If so, your name is something like Jake, or Chad, or Alex, and you were taught that your voice is the most important in every room. Somewhere along your academic journey, you decided your search for intellectual validation was more important than the actual exchange of information. Now how do you expect to actually learn anything?

American society tells men, but especially white men, that their opinions have merit and that their voice is valuable, but after four years of listening to white boys in college, I am not so convinced. In my time at Dickinson I have listened to probably hundreds of white boys talk. It feels incessant. From classes and lectures, to the news and politics, there is an endless line of white boys waiting to share their opinions on the state of feminism in America, whether the LGBTQ+ population finally has enough rights, the merits of capitalism, etc. The list of what white boys think they are qualified to talk about is endless. Something very few of them seem to understand is that their (ill-informed, uncritical) opinions do not constitute truth. In fact, most often their opinions aren’t even original. White boys spout the narrative of dominant ideologies and pretend they’re hot takes instead of the same misleading garbage shoved down our throats by American institutions from birth.

I am so g****mned tired of listening to white boys. I cannot describe to you how frustrating it is to be forced to listen to a white boy explain his take on the Black experience in the Obama-era. Hey Brian, I’m an actual Black woman alive right now with a brain. In what world would your understanding of my life carry more weight than my understanding? Unfortunately, it is this world, where white men debate the pain of other people for fun and then take away their rights. The second thing most white boys seem not to understand is that they do not exist separate from the rest of the world. You do not speak alone, you speak with the weight of every other white man who has spoken over a woman, erased the contributions of queer people from history, or denigrated “broken English” as unintelligent.  You speak with the weight of policies and laws meant to forever define intelligence by how it measures up to the bros of America.

So, should white boys still be allowed to share their “opinions”? Should we be forced to listen? In honor of Black History Month, I’m gonna go with a hell no. Go find someone whose perspective has been buried or ignored and listen to them, raise up their voice. To all the Chrises, Ryans, Olivers, and Seans out there, I encourage you to critically examine where your viewpoints come from, read a text that challenges you without looking for reasons to dismiss it, and maybe try listening from now on.
ResetERA.com annihilated

I assume this person is going up for some kind of excellence in teaching award, because the tenets of "STFU", "Don't ask questions", and "Just accept what I say" show a keen understanding of the purpose of an educator.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #60443 on: February 09, 2019, 03:22:20 PM »
Outlawing possession and sale doesn't have the be the same as criminalizing possession.

Oh, outlawing possession and criminalising possession are different now.

Thanks for the insight justice scalia

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #60444 on: February 09, 2019, 03:27:18 PM »
Oh noooes I insulted a user on Giantbomb.com and now I'm banned again  :lol ??? ::)
Link?

They deleted it and they wouldnt even tell me what it was that I said ( I logged into an alt to ask, which they promptly banned as well )

doesnt matter, I have a lot of alts due to the 7 day free trials  :lol
What

BisMarckie

« Reply #60445 on: February 09, 2019, 03:29:11 PM »

doesnt matter, I have a lot of alts ´

Maybe it's time to just consume shit passively, like every single sane person watching GB's content.

Boredfrom

« Reply #60446 on: February 09, 2019, 03:31:33 PM »
The second thing most white boys seem not to understand is that they do not exist separate from the rest of the world. You do not speak alone, you speak with the weight of every other white man who has spoken over a woman, erased the contributions of queer people from history, or denigrated “broken English” as unintelligent.  You speak with the weight of policies and laws meant to forever define intelligence by how it measures up to the bros of America.

Welp, that went outright racist and sexist.

Also US citizens talking calling people for believing they are in a separate society.  :doge

Boredfrom

« Reply #60447 on: February 09, 2019, 03:59:34 PM »
Sounds unbelievable to me, I'm going to wait for the full story before being outraged

I agree; something doesn't feel right. Best we wait before judging.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/buzzfeed-five-kids-ages-12-to-16-have-been-charged-with-killing-nashville-musician.98708/page-2#post-17740769

Nephente and Elegant weapon: You two are vile hypocritical assholes.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #60448 on: February 09, 2019, 04:03:50 PM »
Sure wouls be nice if he was replaced by

1) an actual woman
2) someone with actual talent
This is almost off topic, but I'm actually not a big fan of this mentality -- which I routinely see peddled. Working in Hollywood I definitely feel the growing sentiment that only women can/should write and/or direct female led films (this also happens with any given minority and a minority led film). And while I'm all for there being more female (and PoC) writers and directors, I just really can't abide this weird requirement. Perspective is important and there are definitely people from any group who are not very good at writing characters who aren't whatever they are... but the opposite is also true.

I definitely agree the most important thing is someone with actual talent, and I don't think anyone would actually argue that in the past men have written great female characters and women have written great male characters -- especially when you consider Novels only have a single writer. A big problem right now in this industry is that jobs are being given to people who are very inexperienced and/or not good at all to accommodate this odd logic.
you're a terrible person or somehow oblivious to the thing you're complaining about.
until these minorities are given enough jobs yes they should make certain films/characters because otherwise the status quo continues and the problems they cause continue. apply this to literally most things

novels don't have one writer, there's this thing called editors

fuck you person with industry experience and probably a hatemongering asshole for speaking from that experience.

and editors are basically co-authors too.

tummyfat

« Reply #60449 on: February 09, 2019, 04:04:24 PM »
I'm not saying it wasn't some 15 year old kids, but if it was it was most likely those smirking ass Covington kids

Boredfrom

« Reply #60450 on: February 09, 2019, 04:13:07 PM »

1) an actual woman
This is almost off topic, but I'm actually not a big fan of this mentality -- which I routinely see peddled. Working in Hollywood I definitely feel the growing sentiment that only women can/should write and/or direct female led films (this also happens with any given minority and a minority led film). And while I'm all for there being more female (and PoC) writers and directors, I just really can't abide this weird requirement. Perspective is important and there are definitely people from any group who are not very good at writing characters who aren't whatever they are... but the opposite is also true.

I definitely agree the most important thing is someone with actual talent, and I don't think anyone would actually argue that in the past men have written great female characters and women have written great male characters -- especially when you consider Novels only have a single writer. A big problem right now in this industry is that jobs are being given to people who are very inexperienced and/or not good at all to accommodate this odd logic.
you're a terrible person or somehow oblivious to the thing you're complaining about.
until these minorities are given enough jobs yes they should make certain films/characters because otherwise the status quo continues and the problems they cause continue. apply this to literally most things

fuck you person with industry experience and probably a hatemongering asshole for speaking from that experience.

The editor thing is kind of a complicated argument. Some writers genuinely benefited on having a good Editor while others could care less. Feels like a debate that is beyond the regular RE user.

Propagandhim

« Reply #60451 on: February 09, 2019, 04:13:56 PM »
Sounds unbelievable to me, I'm going to wait for the full story before being outraged

https://www.resetera.com/threads/buzzfeed-five-kids-ages-12-to-16-have-been-charged-with-killing-nashville-musician.98708/page-2#post-17740769

They're trying to be cheeky in light of the reactions from the Jussie Smollett thing, as if the two situations are at all comparable. 

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #60452 on: February 09, 2019, 04:16:19 PM »
Its fucked up to treat kids as adults, period.
If you think a 16 year old has mens rea to fully understand the implications of a criminal action, then you also have to accept that a 16 year old has the capacity for understanding for legal activities that they are denied, and should therefore have the legal rights of an adult, and change existing laws accordingly.
Its some bullshit have your cake and eat it to say you have no rights as an adult, but you have all of the liabilities of one.

Anyone making political hay about the skin colour of the victims or the perpetrators is a racist cunt, period. Even if they are a resetera moderator.

Propagandhim

« Reply #60453 on: February 09, 2019, 04:17:00 PM »
why is it always about race with you people? These children deserve due process, no matter what.

Neeson is literally not being put to death by being nailed on a cross, stop exageratting. Liam Neeson isn't a victim; a man was killed and you're talking about fucking Liam Neeson... who went out to kill someone, yet you're defending him. You don't give one fuck about who is killed or targeted or not; you just want to flame some race war bullshit

:lol   :lol

Just had a good laugh thinking about the hypothetical of a bunch of white kids killing a black musician, and Era filling up the thread with sentiments about rehabilitation, what knuckleheads on Twitter will think, and the somber pathos of trying kids as adults. 

Its fucked up to treat kids as adults, period.
If you think a 16 year old has mens rea to fully understand the implications of a criminal action, then you also have to accept that a 16 year old has the capacity for understanding for legal activities that they are denied, and should therefore have the legal rights of an adult, and change existing laws accordingly.

Sure - Then they should change the laws because a 16 year old does know that killing someone is wrong.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #60454 on: February 09, 2019, 04:18:52 PM »
The editor thing is kind of a complicated argument. Some writers genuinely benefited on having a good Editor while others could care less. Feels like a debate that is beyond the regular RE user.

Sure, but no editor has ever claimed authorship of a work, just as no music producer has ever claimed ownership of a bands music, no matter what they bring to the table.
That kind of role is effectively polishing something someone has created, not authoring it.

They're only taking that tack because they want to push an angle of "authenticity" in the film making process.

Boredfrom

« Reply #60455 on: February 09, 2019, 04:20:53 PM »

They're trying to be cheeky in light of the reactions from the Jussie Smollett thing, as if the two situations are at all comparable.

I feel is just cowardice to avoid saying something that may cost Elegant Weapon his account. Is a bait but is a particularly petty one.

Still blows my mind that they made Nephente a mod, at least Sweet Nicole has not celebrated violence and Slayven is more interested in cheap shots than making effort.

BisMarckie

« Reply #60456 on: February 09, 2019, 04:22:30 PM »
Saying "the children shot the musician" is based on what? Did they each pass around a gun and take one shot each? I certainly think there is an issue with these kids trying to take the car as a group, but if only one took out the gun and shot they guy, that makes the others guilty? Do we know for sure whether or not the other kids objected?

The concept of particeps criminis is not that hard to understand. :stahp

Boredfrom

« Reply #60457 on: February 09, 2019, 04:23:46 PM »

Sure, but no editor has ever claimed authorship of a work, just as no music producer has ever claimed ownership of a bands music, no matter what they bring to the table.
That kind of role is effectively polishing something someone has created, not authoring it.

They're only taking that tack because they want to push an angle of "authenticity" in the film making process.

I actually, I remember that  music producers having too much control about the rights of a lot of music.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #60458 on: February 09, 2019, 04:24:08 PM »
Saying "the children shot the musician" is based on what? Did they each pass around a gun and take one shot each? I certainly think there is an issue with these kids trying to take the car as a group, but if only one took out the gun and shot they guy, that makes the others guilty? Do we know for sure whether or not the other kids objected?

The concept of particeps criminis is not that hard to understand. :stahp

when theres an innocent kid in a car full of criminals, all I see is a car full of innocent kids, amirite?

BisMarckie

« Reply #60459 on: February 09, 2019, 04:26:05 PM »
I don't even want to link it but there's a series of posts in the wrestling thread where a poster is able to turn his best friends having their baby's heart stop into getting thoughts and prayers for his impending mental break down because he doesn't like job that he only took because it was next to his house and he thought a fancy restaurant would be cool.

Even by RE standards it's pretty :what

:confused

Provide a link you coward. :bolo

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #60460 on: February 09, 2019, 04:29:15 PM »
I actually, I remember that  music producers having too much control about the rights of a lot of music.

I mean, it gets fuzzier when you have modern 'producers' who are basically the artist making the music, while a vocalist or lyricist sings / raps over the music they've made (which is most EDM), but the traditional production role was never considered the author, even when they were someone like Phil Spector who were huge assholes to the bands they worked with about exactly how their music should end up sounding, and had huge amounts of control in authoring a specific and distinct sound.

e:
OT, but pretty regularly Pete Waterman of Stock Aitken Waterman, the 80s UK pop factory is pretty regularly on UK TV / Radio complaining about royalties from streaming sites, and he always gives the same example, which is how many views Never Gonna Give You Up has on YT, because he earnestly believes its super popular and Google just aren't paying him what its worth, rather than understanding its basically an internet punchline
« Last Edit: February 09, 2019, 04:34:00 PM by GreatSageEqualOfHeaven »

Boredfrom

« Reply #60461 on: February 09, 2019, 04:35:22 PM »

I mean, it gets fuzzier when you have modern 'producers' who are basically the artist making the music, while a vocalist or lyricist sings / raps over the music they've made (which is most EDM), but the traditional production role was never considered the author, even when they were someone like Phil Spector who were huge assholes to the bands they worked with about exactly how their music should end up sounding, and had huge amounts of control in authoring a specific and distinct sound.

That is the thing, is a good debate. I don’t think is bad asking this questions, is just that RE way of “FUCK YOU IM IN THE RIGHT” that makes all this a shit show. Is like 4chan without the self awareness.

Jansen

« Reply #60462 on: February 09, 2019, 04:35:59 PM »

https://www.resetera.com/threads/jussie-smollett-breaks-his-silence-after-vicious-attack-im-ok.97099/page-3#post-17489959

In this case there seems to be no legitimate reason to doubt Smollett's account of what happened. As such, any discussion of him faking the attack will be treated as victim blaming and actioned as such.

Fucking hypocrites

Boredfrom

« Reply #60463 on: February 09, 2019, 04:37:44 PM »

https://www.resetera.com/threads/jussie-smollett-breaks-his-silence-after-vicious-attack-im-ok.97099/page-3#post-17489959

In this case there seems to be no legitimate reason to doubt Smollett's account of what happened. As such, any discussion of him faking the attack will be treated as victim blaming and actioned as such.

Fucking hypocrites

https://www.resetera.com/threads/buzzfeed-five-kids-ages-12-to-16-have-been-charged-with-killing-nashville-musician.98708/page-2#post-17741857

Car keys or money is not worth life. If anybody gets in that situation just give them what they want. The rest can be tracked down or replaced. Sad stupid stuff. What a shame.

BisMarckie

« Reply #60464 on: February 09, 2019, 04:41:08 PM »
I don't have it in me to look for it, but I wouldn't be surprised if people got banned for "downplaying racism" when they said that the MAGA hat kid's face shouldn't be shown on national TV.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think they should be logically consistent, there is too much cheap internet drama to be had.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #60465 on: February 09, 2019, 04:42:25 PM »
That is the thing, is a good debate. I don’t think is bad asking this questions, is just that RE way of “FUCK YOU IM IN THE RIGHT” that makes all this a shit show. Is like 4chan without the self awareness.

I mean, especially when the claim is that white men can't write - as in are incapable of doing so - believable female or minority characters as well as a woman or minority can, but if it happens it must be because an editor lent their 'authentic' touch.

Which is ostensibly ludicrous, as is the logical correlation that therefore women can't write male characters unless a male editor steps in, or that minorities can't write white people without a white editor stepping in.
There's a long fucking history of respected authors using pseudonyms and being successful.
J.K Rowling got a TV deal for her male detective story with nobody knowing it was actually her.

Boredfrom

« Reply #60466 on: February 09, 2019, 04:42:30 PM »
There are people in here more outraged that Liam Neeson is being crucified than there are that this man was killed.

Let's not pretend any of you care about this man's alleged killer's being rightfully brought to justice you're out for the blood of the accused without any facts or a conviction

You should ask yourself why you're out for blood instead of justice before calling the OP strange

Not everyone is charged the same and we don't know who could have been coerced

Guys, you either care about justice or satisfying your bloodlust. Being concerned with due process shouldn't be fucking strange and connecting this story to shit like Liam Neeson is pure agenda race war bullshit

https://www.resetera.com/threads/buzzfeed-five-kids-ages-12-to-16-have-been-charged-with-killing-nashville-musician.98708/page-2#post-17741627

I suppose Elegant Weapon reads the bore.

Boredfrom

« Reply #60467 on: February 09, 2019, 04:44:04 PM »

I mean, especially when the claim is that white men can't write - as in are incapable of doing so - believable female or minority characters as well as a woman or minority can, but if it happens it must be because an editor lent their 'authentic' touch.

Which is ostensibly ludicrous, as is the logical correlation that therefore women can't write male characters unless a male editor steps in, or that minorities can't write white people without a white editor stepping in.
There's a long fucking history of respected authors using pseudonyms and being successful.
J.K Rowling got a TV deal for her male detective story with nobody knowing it was actually her.

Well, that is stupid, I’m not disagreeing you with that.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #60468 on: February 09, 2019, 04:45:11 PM »
Don't get me wrong, I don't think they should be logically consistent, there is too much cheap internet drama to be had.

They're logically consistent in the sense that they are always saying the opposite of what maga twitter says, and have no particular care for the details or implications of the stance they take at any given time.
Its all Don't Do What Donnie Don't Does 24/7/365.

They're obnoxiously hypocritical from the perspective of taking a consistent ethical stand, or looking at events as things affecting human beings, not abstract ideological warfare templates.

BisMarckie

« Reply #60469 on: February 09, 2019, 04:45:26 PM »
Turns out the kids killed the guy in self-defense because they needed his car to escape Liam Neeson's bloodlust.

Boredfrom

« Reply #60470 on: February 09, 2019, 04:46:10 PM »
I don't have it in me to look for it, but I wouldn't be surprised if people got banned for "downplaying racism" when they said that the MAGA hat kid's face shouldn't be shown on national TV.

I mean, that is a totally different beast.

BisMarckie

« Reply #60471 on: February 09, 2019, 04:50:51 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/buzzfeed-five-kids-ages-12-to-16-have-been-charged-with-killing-nashville-musician.98708/post-17742272

I'm just wondering what happens to make kids like that. I was playing Mario Party at that age.

:gurl
Your answer to your question is right there in your second sentence.

Propagandhim

« Reply #60472 on: February 09, 2019, 04:52:33 PM »
Quote from: Nepenthe
I and elegantweapon were satirizing the response to these kinds of stories when the demographics were reversed. See the Jussie Smollett thread where people found it unbelievable that a black man could be the target of an attempted lynching by Trump supporters in 2019.

It's just unreal how stupid Nepenthe is. 

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX
« Reply #60473 on: February 09, 2019, 04:55:34 PM »

1) an actual woman

they would rather have someone like slayven write the script

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #60474 on: February 09, 2019, 04:57:30 PM »
I and elegantweapon were satirizing the response to these kinds of stories when the demographics were reversed. See the Jussie Smollett thread where people found it unbelievable that a black man could be the target of an attempted lynching by Trump supporters in 2019.

Followed by Elegantweapon with "my post was satire but actually it wasn't"

My post was satire but the story does sound janky, too.

It's not like I trust the cops or the courts to conduct a fair trail and we already know how the court of opinion and mainstream media is going to use this case, as if they care about the man who was killed.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #60475 on: February 09, 2019, 04:58:15 PM »
they would rather have someone like slayven write the script

Boredfrom

« Reply #60476 on: February 09, 2019, 04:59:48 PM »

ElegantWeapon is dumber:

It's not like I trust the cops or the courts to conduct a fair trail and we already know how the court of opinion and mainstream media is going to use this case, as if they care about the man who was killed.

Is not like you care either, bitch.

Edit: WELP

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX
« Reply #60477 on: February 09, 2019, 05:00:10 PM »

are they? or do they legitimately believe they dindu nuffin and the white supremacist media is just doing what it do?  :doge

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #60478 on: February 09, 2019, 05:01:27 PM »

Followed by Elegantweapon with "my post was satire but actually it wasn't"

Given the only reason "gang kills someone" news stories get posted on era is usually so they can pull a "AND YOU WON't BELIEVE THE SKIN COLOURS INVOLVED" in the OP, I can't help but feel some of the posters rushing in were ready to go on a rant

but then felt they had to say something anyway