Author Topic: Other Forums |OT| ♀ C O R E V A L U E S ♀ Sponsored By THQNordic  (Read 5872001 times)

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Re: The Other Forums Trash Thread for Other Forums' Trash
« Reply #31920 on: August 29, 2018, 08:13:44 AM »
ど助平

PogiJones

« Reply #31921 on: August 29, 2018, 08:16:01 AM »
For Shy
(...)
Just saw you're watching it now. Anticipating your thoughts.
why

BisMarckie

« Reply #31922 on: August 29, 2018, 08:52:41 AM »
Writing long ass careposts about Star Wars  :mindblown

BisMarckie

« Reply #31923 on: August 29, 2018, 10:29:02 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/boom-us-economy-logs-best-performance-in-nearly-4-years.65091/

OP links CNBC article.

First reply:

Boy you sure do make a lot of Pro-Trump threads don'tcha?

:lol

edit: OP is not slick.

Why is it positive? Elaborate.
Low effort OP from a person who has a history of pro Trump posts.

Nice.
Hmmmmmm

Receipts posted. :neogaf
(Image removed from quote.)

Want to respond to this, OP?

Can't you just stand for your (deplorable) principles instead of making shit up? I wouldn't even have a big problem with you supporting Trump. I mean I wouldn't want to talk to you or anything, but I'd also not try to dogpile you or any of the sort. What pisses me off is this low key stanning and then denying of your political convictions.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2018, 10:35:16 AM by KennyLoggins »

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #31924 on: August 29, 2018, 10:36:35 AM »
I wouldn't even have a big problem with you supporting Trump.

citation needed
©@©™

Switters

« Reply #31925 on: August 29, 2018, 10:39:09 AM »
Imagine arguing about Star Wars and being spanked like a piss-baby toddler by Finale fucking Fireworker. I would probably spend the rest of the day googling assisted suicide..
troll

BisMarckie

« Reply #31926 on: August 29, 2018, 10:39:14 AM »
The fact that the mod captains let this poster with a history of history get away with it, is one of the myriad of reasons why women are leaving  resetera in droves.

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #31927 on: August 29, 2018, 10:47:10 AM »
So they started another "sexualisation" thread, which now apparently is an OT (but for some reason not moved into hangouts) and the OP is something else

https://www.resetera.com/threads/why-women-criticise-sexualised-character-designs-ot2-i-have-no-pants-and-i-must-scream-read-op.65064/
And now, a pre-emptive rebuttal to the shitty counter-arguments I can see coming from miles away:

"lol i love teh bewbs" good for you. fuck off
"lmao dumb feminazis trying to censor games" it's not censoring. it's criticism. it's asking to be treated like goddamn people.
"you're a prude" i'm a sex-positive feminist. that means i support women's right to control over their own bodies without judgement. that does not extend to 1000 year old loli dragons designed by and for men to get their nasty rocks off.
"wHaT iF sHe ChOsE tO wEaR iT????????" she's not fucking real you drooling bottomfeeder, she can't decide anything because she's a fictional construct!!!! she's a bunch of pixels!!!! she has no agency!!!!
"men are sexualised too" call me when we get dick physics in video games, then we'll talk about male sexualisation.
"vote with your wallet" gee it's almost like this is an epidemic in gaming and finding games in the genre we like, with gameplay we like, a story we like, characters we like, and no bullshit designs anywhere to be found is a fucking sisyphean task. fucking great games have this problem. skyrim? dragon age origins? boob armour. boob armour everywhere. if we voted with our wallets we wouldn't be able to play fucking anything

Sure fits REs member etiquette
Our mission is to foster an environment that brings people together in open dialogue. We might not see each other face to face, but behind each username is another human being who may have a different background. Accordingly, the Cardinal Rule for using ResetEra’s website and services is to be mindful of the above and to enter dialogue in good faith.

BisMarckie

« Reply #31928 on: August 29, 2018, 10:52:45 AM »
Thank you for OT2. Thank you for the thoughtful discussion in OT1. Thank you for the resources in the new first post. I am hear to listen and learn.

:aah

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #31929 on: August 29, 2018, 10:53:22 AM »
Maybe you should just sit down and listen for once.

Ever thought of that you worthless cis male piece of shit?

:social
Margs

Drainage

« Reply #31930 on: August 29, 2018, 10:54:17 AM »
There have been a bunch of games with dick physics.

Mount Your Friends
Genital Jousting
Uncharted

Congratulations! You get to call Persephone. Benji, give him her number.

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #31931 on: August 29, 2018, 11:01:37 AM »
God help anyone that's "getting their nasty rocks off" to Skyrim characters.  :doge
©@©™

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
« Reply #31932 on: August 29, 2018, 11:14:00 AM »
The rebuttal for “she chose to wear it” seems like it would invalidate the entire criticism of sexually designed video game characters.
Oi Oi

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #31933 on: August 29, 2018, 11:18:46 AM »
"wHaT iF sHe ChOsE tO wEaR iT????????" she's not fucking real you drooling bottomfeeder, she can't decide anything because she's a fictional construct!!!! she's a bunch of pixels!!!! she has no agency!!!!

...she? It's jut a bunch of pixels!

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
« Reply #31934 on: August 29, 2018, 11:20:32 AM »
Do sexualized characters translate to real world misogyny?
Oi Oi

Vertigo

« Reply #31935 on: August 29, 2018, 11:24:29 AM »
So Louis CK dared resurface and today Aniz Ansari is also trying out new material. The thread is already derailed talking about stuff not related to the thread title. Resetera doesn't really do 'grey area' stuff that well so we'll see how long the thread goes.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/aziz-ansari-testing-out-new-material-in-charleston-sc-next-week.65099/

Does Deepwater post on here? What is this breh?

Quote from: Deepwater, post: 12018685, member: 3078
To me, just because Aziz finally understood no means no at the third or fourth junction rather than not at all doesn’t really give him a pass. Especially because he doesn’t deny it.

I don’t differentiate “casual” racists from from nazis so I don’t see why we would seek to soft ball him. I mean, even so, it’s not as if his career was in jeopardy. He could have done much worse and he’d still be booking shows.

:crazy

It seems that post is a stretch even for Era, his getting dragged

Rahxephon91

« Reply #31936 on: August 29, 2018, 11:25:07 AM »
I don’t see “women also like sexy female designs” in the list of arguments. Typical Ree to not like outside their narrow viewpoint.

Propagandhim

« Reply #31937 on: August 29, 2018, 11:29:56 AM »

She's a fictional construct!!!! she aint real you shit for brains!!!! dumbasss!!!  stupid fuck!!!!!

counterhit

« Reply #31938 on: August 29, 2018, 11:34:16 AM »
Persephone was a short lived troll on GAF,  got perma by the shower goblin himself, but on ERA the potential to be Lime 2 is there.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #31939 on: August 29, 2018, 11:55:20 AM »
The rebuttal for “she chose to wear it” seems like it would invalidate the entire criticism of sexually designed video game characters.
It seems to, because you have to somehow forget that fictional characters aren't actually live people, with no independent agency.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2018, 12:25:05 PM by Rufus »

Raist

Drainage

« Reply #31941 on: August 29, 2018, 11:58:30 AM »
Reee has a bulletproof method of identifying those pesky alt accounts all the trolls are using to abuse the community.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/somebody-vandalized-the-resetera-wikipedia-page.65021/page-7

All this alt-account talk has always made me curious as to how the mods or admins find the difference between a real and an alt-account. I'm always impressed by that but I can't wrap my head around how they catch one.
Quote from: Rowlf
It might have been a while since you registered, but the sign-up page has a box you can tick that says "Are you registering an alt-account?" Due to the limitations of the current Xenforo build we're using, checking that box does not result in an automatic ban upon registration, but we do eventually get around to noticing those accounts that have the box checked and banning them accordingly. We're hoping to get this fixed in a future update, though, so please look forward to that!

Very impressive indeed :doge

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #31942 on: August 29, 2018, 11:59:45 AM »
©@©™

Drainage

« Reply #31943 on: August 29, 2018, 12:00:20 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/12022044/

:salute

some people here, who really need psychological help because it has severe traumas with something as natural as the sex

Jansen

« Reply #31944 on: August 29, 2018, 12:00:54 PM »
Quote from: Sturm, post: 12022044, member: 17787
To me it seems the thread of the shame of the forum.

I have never seen anything like it in other forums in other countries. And if you do not know, they make fun of this thread in other forums in other countries., to read some comments from some people here, who really need psychological help because it has severe traumas with something as natural as the sex

I came here from NeoGaf looking for something different, but this is more and more like Gaf everyday, where threads like this are allowed and moderation supports it.
It's one thing to be a feminist, another to support for hatred against man for being a man, which is what some people do here.

You can delete the account, between this thread and what happened the other day with the Twitter of cd projekt, where I get to see something as serious as doxxing, I prefer not to continue here. This forum has an expiration date, because every day is more in the same line as NeoGaf and politically correct world of Ned Flanders.

Moderation needs to look seriously at the way that this forum directs allowing threads like this one that has absolutely nothing to do with video games. It will happen like NeoGaf, someday all this will explode in your face.

I leave you in your imaginary world where some believe that what they speak in this thread is something "normal" when it is the farthest thing from reality. Continue in your bubble. Bye bye.

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #31945 on: August 29, 2018, 12:06:18 PM »
The warm glow of the account suicide. Give them credit, they went all Buddhist monk protestor with flaming tire necklace on them.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #31946 on: August 29, 2018, 12:12:18 PM »
which part of europe do you suppose Sturm is from, I cant quite place the 2nd language grammar, seems kinda French, kinda Romanian

jorma

« Reply #31947 on: August 29, 2018, 12:14:08 PM »
which part of europe do you suppose Sturm is from, I cant quite place the 2nd language grammar, seems kinda French, kinda Romanian
Russian

BisMarckie

« Reply #31948 on: August 29, 2018, 12:16:22 PM »
Despite the username suggesting it, that is not German language interference.

I am going to say some slavic language, maybe *gasp* Russian?

:drudge

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #31949 on: August 29, 2018, 12:19:32 PM »
So they started another "sexualisation" thread, which now apparently is an OT (but for some reason not moved into hangouts) and the OP is something else

https://www.resetera.com/threads/why-women-criticise-sexualised-character-designs-ot2-i-have-no-pants-and-i-must-scream-read-op.65064/
And now, a pre-emptive rebuttal to the shitty counter-arguments I can see coming from miles away:

"lol i love teh bewbs" good for you. fuck off
"lmao dumb feminazis trying to censor games" it's not censoring. it's criticism. it's asking to be treated like goddamn people.
"you're a prude" i'm a sex-positive feminist. that means i support women's right to control over their own bodies without judgement. that does not extend to 1000 year old loli dragons designed by and for men to get their nasty rocks off.
"men are sexualised too" call me when we get dick physics in video games, then we'll talk about male sexualisation.
"vote with your wallet" gee it's almost like this is an epidemic in gaming and finding games in the genre we like, with gameplay we like, a story we like, characters we like, and no bullshit designs anywhere to be found is a fucking sisyphean task. fucking great games have this problem. skyrim? dragon age origins? boob armour. boob armour everywhere. if we voted with our wallets we wouldn't be able to play fucking anything

Sure fits REs member etiquette
Our mission is to foster an environment that brings people together in open dialogue. We might not see each other face to face, but behind each username is another human being who may have a different background. Accordingly, the Cardinal Rule for using ResetEra’s website and services is to be mindful of the above and to enter dialogue in good faith.

Haha, oh man this is great. This is what you get when you "sit down and listen". "IM RIGHT, YOU'RE WRONG, NOW LET'S DISCUSS"

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #31950 on: August 29, 2018, 12:19:54 PM »
The Russians are interfering in our language, now, too?
每天生气

agrajag

« Reply #31951 on: August 29, 2018, 12:21:10 PM »
It wouldn't be Russian. Russian does not have grammatical articles. They tend to omit them when speaking English, not insert extra ones.

EightBitNate

• I don’t wanna be horny anymore, I wanna be happy
« Reply #31952 on: August 29, 2018, 12:23:36 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/12022044/

:salute

lol I love how the ban says “duration pending” even though they literally asked for it to be permanent.

Rahxephon91

« Reply #31953 on: August 29, 2018, 12:29:12 PM »
Dude is 100% right too.

BisMarckie

« Reply #31954 on: August 29, 2018, 12:31:34 PM »
It wouldn't be Russian. Russian does not have grammatical articles. They tend to omit them when speaking English, not insert extra ones.

:gurl
Have you ever heard of overcompensation?

Nah, it's probably some language derived from Latin.

Dark horse pick: Greek.

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #31955 on: August 29, 2018, 12:31:45 PM »
Dude is 100% right too.

*prolonged farting noises*

Propagandhim

« Reply #31956 on: August 29, 2018, 12:32:04 PM »

What are you talking about?  He just wrote like 20 pages to shit on an entire culture in their own house.  That's Russian.

stufte

« Reply #31957 on: August 29, 2018, 12:34:13 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/12023707/

Crazy to see that we've made it to OT2. The new OP is great! I got concerned for a minute this morning when I saw the notification from the old thread about new posts and then went in and saw it was locked, before I realized why.

Love the bingo card, it's such a succinct way of capturing every shitty thing in one place.

Yes. Crazy IS the correct word to use in this instance.

agrajag

« Reply #31958 on: August 29, 2018, 12:34:55 PM »

:gurl
Have you ever heard of overcompensation?

Nah, it's probably some language derived from Latin.

Dark horse pick: Greek.

In what world is Greek derived from Latin?

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #31959 on: August 29, 2018, 12:35:48 PM »
It's not, hence it being his dark horse pick. :B

agrajag

« Reply #31960 on: August 29, 2018, 12:37:27 PM »
Since when does "dark horse" mean something patently false?

BisMarckie

« Reply #31961 on: August 29, 2018, 12:39:23 PM »

It's either a language derived from Latin or Greek. :trumps

BisMarckie

« Reply #31962 on: August 29, 2018, 12:39:40 PM »

It's either a language derived from Latin or Greek. :trumps

:no1curr

BisMarckie

« Reply #31963 on: August 29, 2018, 12:41:30 PM »
:umad

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #31964 on: August 29, 2018, 12:42:37 PM »
reeee dorks definitely need some panoch, especially the gay ones  :lol

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #31965 on: August 29, 2018, 12:47:11 PM »
Writing long ass careposts about Star Wars  :mindblown
Writing long ass careposts about Star Wars :nope

Writing long ass careposts about Star Trek :ohyeah

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #31966 on: August 29, 2018, 12:54:20 PM »

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #31967 on: August 29, 2018, 12:55:44 PM »
Gotta give us 2nd language speakers some creative leeway, mang.

« Reply #31968 on: August 29, 2018, 01:02:04 PM »
RE is good for (like GAF before it), a news aggregator. However, if the thread is over 10 pages and not an OT, don’t read anything other than the first post, because there’s obviously some issue that they’re competing in performative woke olympics over.

EightBitNate

Raist

« Reply #31970 on: August 29, 2018, 01:05:06 PM »
Excited to see the topic get a second thread. I look forward to continued discussion on the topic.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #31971 on: August 29, 2018, 01:20:33 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/npd-first-half-2018-report-xbox-and-nes-snes-classic-doing-great-19-5b-spent-game-rev-up-43-yoy.65100/page-4#post-12023861

People salty in the sales thread because NPD highlighted Xbox is doing well  :lol
console wars are lame outside of schoolyard saltiness that half your friends had a snes and the cool kids had a genesis so you could trade games with them  8)

EightBitNate

« Reply #31972 on: August 29, 2018, 01:22:05 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/npd-first-half-2018-report-xbox-and-nes-snes-classic-doing-great-19-5b-spent-game-rev-up-43-yoy.65100/page-4#post-12023861

People salty in the sales thread because NPD highlighted Xbox is doing well  :lol
console wars are lame outside of schoolyard saltiness that half your friends had a snes and the cool kids had a genesis so you could trade games with them  8)

Only going to get worse from here with new consoles around the corner. 

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #31973 on: August 29, 2018, 01:53:55 PM »
The Republican thread is going places

All Merkel did was initiate phase one of what I call the fascist manifesto. If you don’t have a large enough minority population in your country to blame for issues your party will cause to society, then make one. It’s hard to apply fascism when you don’t have a scapegoat.

Never trust conservatives in power when they say they need more immigrants, they just want cheap labor and a group to condemn when they implement far right policies.

https://www.resetera.com/posts/12015806

Jansen

« Reply #31974 on: August 29, 2018, 01:55:20 PM »
Excited to see the topic get a second thread. I look forward to continued discussion on the topic.

It's pathetic that they lack any self awareness to realize it's an echo chamber

Raist

« Reply #31975 on: August 29, 2018, 02:03:53 PM »
I do not understand account suicides. No one is going to read them, decide they are wrong, the wool at last pulled from their eyes, and join the ranks of the anti-diversity camp.

I mean, they don't even make any arguments of interest, it's just trolling or 'bewbs are fine and you are all puritans" style stuff.

As opposed to the fine level of elaborate arguments displayed in the OP, such as "good for you, fuck off" or the timeless classic "she's not fucking real you drooling bottomfeeder" :snob

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #31976 on: August 29, 2018, 02:07:02 PM »
🤴

stufte

« Reply #31977 on: August 29, 2018, 02:11:46 PM »
The thing about that thread is that there are NO arguments that would be acceptable against their narrative. It's a pointless circle jerk to complain about things they don't like about how pretend women are portrayed. They are puritanical and sex-negative, even though they claim over and over again that they're not. They claim to not want censorship out of one side of their mouths, and harass devs on twitter out of the other.

They are LITERALLY this generations Moral Majority, crying about things that make them feel uneasy.

Raist

« Reply #31978 on: August 29, 2018, 02:15:07 PM »
The thing about that thread is that there are NO arguments that would be acceptable against their narrative. It's a pointless circle jerk to complain about things they don't like about how pretend women are portrayed. They are puritanical and sex-negative, even though they claim over and over again that they're not. They claim to not want censorship out of one side of their mouths, and harass devs on twitter out of the other.

I guarantee that the majority of people posting in that thread is because they found the perfect loophole to post what would otherwise be cause for a mod edit and/or ban, i.e titties, so that they can wank a quick one off.

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #31979 on: August 29, 2018, 02:32:35 PM »
Titties? Where?
:O