Author Topic: Other Forums |OT| ♀ C O R E V A L U E S ♀ Sponsored By THQNordic  (Read 6449036 times)

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
Re: The Other Forums Trash Thread for Other Forums' Trash
« Reply #31140 on: August 29, 2018, 12:31:45 PM »
Dude is 100% right too.

*prolonged farting noises*

Propagandhim

« Reply #31141 on: August 29, 2018, 12:32:04 PM »
It wouldn't be Russian. Russian does not have grammatical articles. They tend to omit them when speaking English, not insert extra ones.

What are you talking about?  He just wrote like 20 pages to shit on an entire culture in their own house.  That's Russian.

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #31142 on: August 29, 2018, 12:34:13 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/12023707/

Crazy to see that we've made it to OT2. The new OP is great! I got concerned for a minute this morning when I saw the notification from the old thread about new posts and then went in and saw it was locked, before I realized why.

Love the bingo card, it's such a succinct way of capturing every shitty thing in one place.

Yes. Crazy IS the correct word to use in this instance.

agrajag

« Reply #31143 on: August 29, 2018, 12:34:55 PM »
It wouldn't be Russian. Russian does not have grammatical articles. They tend to omit them when speaking English, not insert extra ones.

:gurl
Have you ever heard of overcompensation?

Nah, it's probably some language derived from Latin.

Dark horse pick: Greek.

In what world is Greek derived from Latin?

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #31144 on: August 29, 2018, 12:35:48 PM »
It's not, hence it being his dark horse pick. :B

agrajag

« Reply #31145 on: August 29, 2018, 12:37:27 PM »
Since when does "dark horse" mean something patently false?

BisMarckie

« Reply #31146 on: August 29, 2018, 12:39:23 PM »

It's either a language derived from Latin or Greek. :trumps

BisMarckie

« Reply #31147 on: August 29, 2018, 12:39:40 PM »

It's either a language derived from Latin or Greek. :trumps

:no1curr

BisMarckie

« Reply #31148 on: August 29, 2018, 12:41:30 PM »
:umad

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #31149 on: August 29, 2018, 12:42:37 PM »
reeee dorks definitely need some panoch, especially the gay ones  :lol

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #31150 on: August 29, 2018, 12:47:11 PM »
Writing long ass careposts about Star Wars  :mindblown
Writing long ass careposts about Star Wars :nope

Writing long ass careposts about Star Trek :ohyeah

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #31151 on: August 29, 2018, 12:54:20 PM »

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #31152 on: August 29, 2018, 12:55:44 PM »
Gotta give us 2nd language speakers some creative leeway, mang.

« Reply #31153 on: August 29, 2018, 01:02:04 PM »
RE is good for (like GAF before it), a news aggregator. However, if the thread is over 10 pages and not an OT, don’t read anything other than the first post, because there’s obviously some issue that they’re competing in performative woke olympics over.

EightBitNate

• I don’t wanna be horny anymore, I wanna be happy

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #31155 on: August 29, 2018, 01:05:06 PM »
Excited to see the topic get a second thread. I look forward to continued discussion on the topic.

:lol

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #31156 on: August 29, 2018, 01:20:33 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/npd-first-half-2018-report-xbox-and-nes-snes-classic-doing-great-19-5b-spent-game-rev-up-43-yoy.65100/page-4#post-12023861

People salty in the sales thread because NPD highlighted Xbox is doing well  :lol
console wars are lame outside of schoolyard saltiness that half your friends had a snes and the cool kids had a genesis so you could trade games with them  8)

EightBitNate

• I don’t wanna be horny anymore, I wanna be happy
« Reply #31157 on: August 29, 2018, 01:22:05 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/npd-first-half-2018-report-xbox-and-nes-snes-classic-doing-great-19-5b-spent-game-rev-up-43-yoy.65100/page-4#post-12023861

People salty in the sales thread because NPD highlighted Xbox is doing well  :lol
console wars are lame outside of schoolyard saltiness that half your friends had a snes and the cool kids had a genesis so you could trade games with them  8)

Only going to get worse from here with new consoles around the corner. 

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #31158 on: August 29, 2018, 01:53:55 PM »
The Republican thread is going places

All Merkel did was initiate phase one of what I call the fascist manifesto. If you don’t have a large enough minority population in your country to blame for issues your party will cause to society, then make one. It’s hard to apply fascism when you don’t have a scapegoat.

Never trust conservatives in power when they say they need more immigrants, they just want cheap labor and a group to condemn when they implement far right policies.

https://www.resetera.com/posts/12015806

Jansen

« Reply #31159 on: August 29, 2018, 01:55:20 PM »
Excited to see the topic get a second thread. I look forward to continued discussion on the topic.

:lol

It's pathetic that they lack any self awareness to realize it's an echo chamber

Raist

« Reply #31160 on: August 29, 2018, 02:03:53 PM »
I do not understand account suicides. No one is going to read them, decide they are wrong, the wool at last pulled from their eyes, and join the ranks of the anti-diversity camp.

I mean, they don't even make any arguments of interest, it's just trolling or 'bewbs are fine and you are all puritans" style stuff.

As opposed to the fine level of elaborate arguments displayed in the OP, such as "good for you, fuck off" or the timeless classic "she's not fucking real you drooling bottomfeeder" :snob

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #31161 on: August 29, 2018, 02:07:02 PM »
🤴

stufte

« Reply #31162 on: August 29, 2018, 02:11:46 PM »
The thing about that thread is that there are NO arguments that would be acceptable against their narrative. It's a pointless circle jerk to complain about things they don't like about how pretend women are portrayed. They are puritanical and sex-negative, even though they claim over and over again that they're not. They claim to not want censorship out of one side of their mouths, and harass devs on twitter out of the other.

They are LITERALLY this generations Moral Majority, crying about things that make them feel uneasy.

Raist

« Reply #31163 on: August 29, 2018, 02:15:07 PM »
The thing about that thread is that there are NO arguments that would be acceptable against their narrative. It's a pointless circle jerk to complain about things they don't like about how pretend women are portrayed. They are puritanical and sex-negative, even though they claim over and over again that they're not. They claim to not want censorship out of one side of their mouths, and harass devs on twitter out of the other.

I guarantee that the majority of people posting in that thread is because they found the perfect loophole to post what would otherwise be cause for a mod edit and/or ban, i.e titties, so that they can wank a quick one off.

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #31164 on: August 29, 2018, 02:32:35 PM »
Titties? Where?
:O

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #31165 on: August 29, 2018, 02:35:21 PM »
Writing long ass careposts about Star Wars  :mindblown
Writing long ass careposts about Star Wars :nope

Writing long ass careposts about Star Trek :ohyeah

Writing long ass careposts about TekWar :galaxybrain
©@©™

stufte

« Reply #31166 on: August 29, 2018, 02:40:12 PM »

benjipwns

« Reply #31167 on: August 29, 2018, 02:41:12 PM »
RE is good for (like GAF before it), a news aggregator.
http://resetera.live

stufte

« Reply #31168 on: August 29, 2018, 02:51:05 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/12028905/

Hey. Fuck off.

This is exactly what I'd expect the "discussion" in that thread to look like. haha

https://www.resetera.com/posts/12029829/

That is because this site (and the old one) is basically just a glorified echo chamber, this thread isn't for discussing sexualization in games, it's for people to share their view on this subject as long as it's validates the OP.
To me it's quite sad honestly, there is a lot to be said about many subjects regarding tropes both for male in female in media but this can never happen here since, like you said, people are silenced for disagreeing.

And just to be on the safe side, I agree with many of OPs points, sexualiztion of women in gaming should be taking more seriously, and that extends to other mediums as well.

Kiss your account good bye.  :-*

PogiJones

« Reply #31169 on: August 29, 2018, 02:56:33 PM »
A long apology with detailed plans for improvement from Riot Games.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/riot-our-first-steps-forward-statement.65136/

Take a guess on whether people on Era (i.e. spectators not affected and not deserving of anything) accept the apology.

"fuck we got outed and now we will try to make our place what it should be!! Really!!"

It's sad that it was already this bad. Yes i appreciate their statement but lets be honest - the real people to blame wont change themselves.

Based on the substance of recent internal accounts being how actively awful leadership acted when concerns were raised internally, in proper channels and with reasonable respect to the power structure, they can fuck off.

Shame it took nearly 3 dozen past/present/former employees to speak up before they even acknowledged this was a problem. I'm unconvinced that re-evaluating recruiting is going to do anything if they still have the same staff that caused these issues in the first place.

"We're being voluntold to do this."

There seems to be no real changes concerning accountability and responsibility. Like what punitive actions will be taken in the future should employees continue to engage in that sort of behavior? I've been to training and seminars and neither are a substantial or significant intervention to teach people not to harass.

1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th reply.

Raist

« Reply #31170 on: August 29, 2018, 02:58:19 PM »
I'm a man, and you can piss off. It's not the characters that are cardboards, it's you.

What a hero

PogiJones

« Reply #31171 on: August 29, 2018, 03:00:24 PM »
No apology is good enough for these spectators. No apology will ever be good enough. Giving an apology to them is just turning your belly up to be devoured by the crazies.

stufte

« Reply #31172 on: August 29, 2018, 03:01:34 PM »
No apology is good enough for these spectators. No apology will ever be good enough. Giving an apology to them is just turning your belly up to be devoured by the crazies.

Riot has every reason to apologize, it sounds like it was legitimately bad there. But like I've said before, Ree doesn't care about apologies, they just want to hate. They CRAVE hate.

Boredfrom

« Reply #31173 on: August 29, 2018, 03:05:59 PM »
I mean, is not exactly bad to be skeptical about a company changing their corporate culture, but Reee doesn’t care to give the benefit of doubt unless is someone they like.

benjipwns

« Reply #31174 on: August 29, 2018, 03:09:24 PM »
At least on stuff like this and CyberNazis2077 and anti-woman designs in video games they're hating about something related directly to playing video games, I swear, you guys are never satisfied.

PogiJones

« Reply #31175 on: August 29, 2018, 03:09:27 PM »
Sure, it's fine to be skeptical, but why do the spectators always demand a perfect apology if said apology is worthless? A few here and there say it's a good first step, but the vast majority dismiss the apology and plan outright as if it's completely valueless. Yet they always demand it.

They just want to condemn. It gives them a high.

Takuan

« Reply #31176 on: August 29, 2018, 03:15:17 PM »
Sure, it's fine to be skeptical, but why do the spectators always demand a perfect apology if said apology is worthless? A few here and there say it's a good first step, but the vast majority dismiss the apology and plan outright as if it's completely valueless. Yet they always demand it.

They just want to condemn. It gives them a high.
Nailed it. A miserable pile of unfuckable humans on a cocktail of brain meds.

I just wanted to add that your avatar really warms the heart. Adorable stuff.

Raist

« Reply #31177 on: August 29, 2018, 03:16:55 PM »
"I'd just like to take a moment to try making my dumb point again"

https://www.resetera.com/posts/12030675/

the skimpiest underwear set imaginable

Oh you sweet summer child :lol

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #31178 on: August 29, 2018, 03:18:21 PM »
I mean, is not exactly bad to be skeptical about a company changing their corporate culture, but Reee doesn’t care to give the benefit of doubt unless is someone they like.

Skepticism is reasonable, but they are bitching without reading. Take that fourth reply again,

There seems to be no real changes concerning accountability and responsibility. Like what punitive actions will be taken in the future should employees continue to engage in that sort of behavior? I've been to training and seminars and neither are a substantial or significant intervention to teach people not to harass.

The part they quote about no real changes or responsibilities?

Third-Party Evaluation: We have engaged two leading consultants on culture change to provide us with their expertise and recommendations as we rebuild Riot’s culture. Our goal isn’t just to be good; it’s to become a leader on diversity, inclusion, and culture. We’re asking them to develop mechanisms to measure our progress and hold us accountable against this objective.

I mean for fucks sake, did they READ what they quoted? It states action and changes they plan to take right there. I get the skepticism, but acting like this is a “YouTuber apology” is deranged.

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #31179 on: August 29, 2018, 03:20:09 PM »
Look, all I'm saying is, if guys had better lingerie options we'd probably see more representation of it.
:yeshrug
que

Jansen

« Reply #31180 on: August 29, 2018, 03:22:41 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/posts/12026841/

Quote from: Nin Jagai, post: 12026841, member: 47206
As a devout Islamist, I agree women should be fully covered in hijab. I am glad there is a community that accepts my beliefs.

Nojokesallowed

stufte

« Reply #31181 on: August 29, 2018, 03:23:43 PM »

Make her nude? Sexist male gaze fodder!
Put her in underwear and make the guy nude? Sexist because... reasons?

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #31182 on: August 29, 2018, 03:24:12 PM »

:idont

is this supposed to be good or bad? should she be nude too or that objectification too?

Averon

« Reply #31183 on: August 29, 2018, 03:24:29 PM »
Apologizing doesn't serve any purpose other than for it to be used against you as a bludgeon in the future. Not once have I seen a person or entity apologize to the triggered hordes online for whatever "crime" they are "guilty" of and that apology being sincerely accepted by said hordes. What actually happens is that the hordes say the apology wasn't good enough, and they will hang that "criminal/immoral incident" over that person's or entity's head to strong arm them into acting the "right way."
« Last Edit: August 30, 2018, 10:14:20 AM by Averon »

PogiJones

« Reply #31184 on: August 29, 2018, 03:25:33 PM »
I just wanted to add that your avatar really warms the heart. Adorable stuff.
Better than how TIMU feels about it

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #31185 on: August 29, 2018, 03:27:34 PM »

Make her nude? Sexist male gaze fodder!
Put her in underwear and make the guy nude? Sexist because... reasons?

Yeah, like yesterday I’m at a loss. They seem to simultaneously complaining about why she’s not nude, while complaining about nudity?

stufte

« Reply #31186 on: August 29, 2018, 03:27:51 PM »

is this supposed to be good or bad? should she be nude too or that objectification too?

Oh apparently she isn’t covered up ENOUGH. Her underwear is too sexy for a post coitus scene...

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
« Reply #31187 on: August 29, 2018, 03:29:09 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/schindlers-list-returns-to-theaters-for-its-25th-anniversary.65162/

“I'd be afraid to watch it in the theaters in modern America, where God knows how many people would be there to root for the Nazis.”

Jesus Christ.
Oi Oi

Purple Filth

• This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win—and it can—then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace
« Reply #31188 on: August 29, 2018, 03:29:16 PM »

WTF did i just read.

That has to be a troll poster :comeon

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #31189 on: August 29, 2018, 03:30:22 PM »
Reset:
:ohyeah
que

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #31190 on: August 29, 2018, 03:30:24 PM »
Oh apparently she isn’t covered up ENOUGH. Her underwear is too sexy for a post coitus scene...
??? then why bring up that the dude "gets" to be naked like that's something withheld from the female PC?

benjipwns

« Reply #31191 on: August 29, 2018, 03:31:13 PM »
The "male gaze" phrase has always been one of those understandable things that sounds more nonsense as someone explains it further or uses it in more "intellectual" ways.

Thankfully, developers can just blank the screen if any players identify as male to prevent it.

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #31192 on: August 29, 2018, 03:31:15 PM »
??? then why bring up that the dude "gets" to be naked like that's something withheld from the female PC?

The only way to win is to not play
:O

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #31193 on: August 29, 2018, 03:31:56 PM »

That member is literally saying "why is she wearing underwear that rides up her ass??" Yeah, why would anyone do that who is out looking for a one night stand??? These people have lost any connection to real life.

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
« Reply #31194 on: August 29, 2018, 03:32:01 PM »
that's standard casual wear for any girl with the ass to pull it off these days.

SmokyDave

« Reply #31195 on: August 29, 2018, 03:32:46 PM »

That poster calls the man ‘dude’, but the woman ‘female’. This is yet another one of those microaggressions that is forcing women and minorities to flee from Era in terror. Not to mention slut-shaming someone over some regular panties.

benjipwns

« Reply #31196 on: August 29, 2018, 03:33:36 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/schindlers-list-returns-to-theaters-for-its-25th-anniversary.65162/

“I'd be afraid to watch it in the theaters in modern America, where God knows how many people would be there to root for the Nazis.”

Jesus Christ.
But...Schindler was a literal Nazi.

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #31197 on: August 29, 2018, 03:33:50 PM »
But how is she supposed to hide her penis in that underwear? I mean it's not realistic!
que

Jansen

« Reply #31198 on: August 29, 2018, 03:33:52 PM »
Reset:
:ohyeah (Image removed from quote.)

I can clearly see some skin from her hands  :exxy

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #31199 on: August 29, 2018, 03:34:31 PM »
maybe they are mad at cyberpunk cause it shows a future where no one gives a fuck about all their weird fucking hangups and views on everything