Author Topic: Other Forums |OT| ♀ C O R E V A L U E S ♀ Sponsored By THQNordic  (Read 5828390 times)

Jansen

Re: Other Forums Trash Thread for Other Forums' Trash |OT| ERA? I don't know her.
« Reply #38940 on: October 11, 2018, 12:37:04 AM »
Platform-specific discords has to be the saddest shit I have ever seen

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
Re: Other Forums Trash Thread for Other Forums' Trash |OT| ERA? I don't know her.
« Reply #38941 on: October 11, 2018, 12:59:28 AM »
It’s not a book about coffee tables. It’s a book to place on your coffee table about the fashion brand Chanel.

I’m more offended by how pedestrian it is to be into Chanel. There’s better fashion brands out there.

:heartbeat :usacry :heartbeat :drool :heartbeat :usacry :heartbeat :drool

https://www.resetera.com/posts/13673435
sigh

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #38942 on: October 11, 2018, 01:08:10 AM »
Yes because it's a fucking stereotype and reinforces gender norms. Why can't she be reading finance or something else? *sigh* I would absolutely be offended by this if I were a woman.

https://www.resetera.com/posts/13674302

:preach :preach :preach

He gives me faith that poster.
sigh

who is ted danson?

• ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀✋💎✋🤬
« Reply #38943 on: October 11, 2018, 02:36:06 AM »
that ign thread is so good. cover up your curves!!

https://www.resetera.com/threads/is-ign-objectifying-women.73960/page-21#post-13676484

Never watched one of these videos but when I saw her I immediately followed on insta ;)
REPORTED!
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #38944 on: October 11, 2018, 05:13:42 AM »
IGN show host wears "sexy" clothes. "This needs to stop. The patriarchy is making her do this. Pls halp."

Country X bans Burqas because this has no place in egalitarian societies. "WTF what about the vast majority of women who wear this by choice?!?!?!?"

The duality of internet white knights.

edit: https://www.resetera.com/posts/13677586/

Only transgender turtle dragon women, so it's fine.

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #38945 on: October 11, 2018, 05:24:04 AM »
Yes because it's a fucking stereotype and reinforces gender norms. Why can't she be reading finance or something else? *sigh* I would absolutely be offended by this if I were a woman.

https://www.resetera.com/posts/13674302

:preach :preach :preach

He gives me faith that poster.

Why is no one discussing the equally important issue of displaying such disgusting cultural appropriation of the traditional french croissant by descendants of british criminals.

I demand it be replaced by vegemite on toast in the new version of the ad.

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #38946 on: October 11, 2018, 05:27:39 AM »
You know how bots just get into circular arguments when faced against one another?

That's era. Literally, (don't source me)

At least gaf has real down to earth disgusting real people bigots.

Propagandhim

« Reply #38947 on: October 11, 2018, 05:31:05 AM »
(Image removed from quote.)

:thinking

This post has everything.  Goes from displaying some knowledge and experience of Chinese cuisine and he ends it with that Panda Express line.  Then he catches a ban for being offensive....for not liking food in a port city, or thinking it's too greasy?

:lol :lol

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #38948 on: October 11, 2018, 05:57:17 AM »
"You think that's her choice? Only a slatternly whore would dress in a blouse unless the patriarchy wasn't making her."

IGN thumbnail thread is a headtrip

Tektonic

• OG Cracker
« Reply #38949 on: October 11, 2018, 06:32:29 AM »
New girl is so hot. Followed on insta ;)

Love when folks gotta brag about this stuff.
Like yay you like hot chicks, happy masturbating? lol

Thanks mate

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #38950 on: October 11, 2018, 06:49:51 AM »
Like yay you like hot chicks, happy masturbating? lol

It won't feel as good now that I have permission

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #38951 on: October 11, 2018, 08:45:37 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/dead-or-alive-6-discussion-thread-roster-stages-dlc-etc.48917/page-52#post-13654252
Quote from: SaberX85, post: 13654252, member: 5204
I had like 800 hours on doax3 and i hope they will continue that series. They already make nioh 2, no need for gaiden 4 except they make ayane as main heroine
I had like 800 hours on doax3
800 hours on doax3
:mindblown

His Youtube channel  :nsfw
https://www.youtube.com/user/hepc85/videos
:dead
« Last Edit: October 11, 2018, 09:07:00 AM by bork »
ど助平

kingv

« Reply #38952 on: October 11, 2018, 09:00:20 AM »
Serious question, is there anything legally preventing the talent from leaving as a group to form a new company when a big company does a hostile takeover of a smaller company?

I get it, people want to keep their jobs, and all the computers and office space and all that is right there, you might as well keep using them and get paid until Microsoft shuts you down

I just wondered how that works, assuming there aren't yearly contracts in place or anything like that

Under normal circumstances outside of company buyouts it seems to be an accepted thing that a bunch of your talent can just walk out on you together to form their own company, is it any different when the company is publicly traded or otherwise up for sale

MS buys Obsidian and surprise you now own some IPs and computers, everybody fucked off to form Onyx Entertainment where they are making Columns of Infinity

No, there's almost certainly not anything keeping anyone from jumping ship, but nobody cares. People who own or are in charge of companies think their staff consists of interchangeable pieces and that talent can be measured in terms of numbers of people applied to a task. I've recently been put in charge of development teams (not in the games industry thank god) and the people who own shit will just cycle my developers in and out of my team whenever they feel like it and they don't seem to have any concept of why that might not be good for their delivery dates. They think that assigning me two junior developers because they need their senior guy on another project should be equivalent to leaving me with the senior guy.  Believe me, people at the top have no fucking idea how software works in any way.

I would figure for most of the workaday guys, probably a lot of things changed for the better by getting bought out. How many times has obsidian almost went out of business in the last 10 years? And as a small company their benefit probably sucked.

They will probably get a better 401k match, cheaper insurance, and more likelihood of not being fired at the end of each project.... (unless Microsoft shuts down the studio in a year).

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #38953 on: October 11, 2018, 09:08:09 AM »
How many times has obsidian almost went out of business in the last 10 years?

At least once was entirely Microsofts fault

agrajag

« Reply #38954 on: October 11, 2018, 09:12:42 AM »
DISCLAIMER: ResetEra is the same board that recently drooled over a fictional version of a female Bowser that doesn't exist.

:doge

Wait, I thought that was The Bore.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #38955 on: October 11, 2018, 09:13:43 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/is-ign-objectifying-women.73960/page-22

I mean, can you find a single Female host for The Fix who is not above a certain level of attractiveness?
Are you saying that she only got the job because she is pretty and not because she is good at it?
Anyone suggested she should wear burka yet?
Perhaps the creepiest thread I've seen in a while, not because of the subject of the thread but the whole analyzing of what she wears in her free time and others deciding for her what she shouldn't wear, yikes.
Edit: holy shit I just read the rest of this thread. Some of you guys are out of your minds. Really makes you second guess where some people are coming from when you get into debates on here with people claiming to be "progressive".

Quote from: Finale Fireworker
This thread seems to have long-deviated from productive discussion and is closed to further replies.
:thinking
« Last Edit: October 11, 2018, 09:17:44 AM by bork »
ど助平

nudemacusers

« Reply #38957 on: October 11, 2018, 09:34:06 AM »
Were people really digging into her instagram  :-\
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #38959 on: October 11, 2018, 09:40:52 AM »

Yup.

:nsfw
https://www.resetera.com/threads/is-ign-objectifying-women.73960/page-20#post-13674579

Quote from: Heraldic
Quote from: Mr. Fantastic
while y'all clutching your pearls she uploaded this to her ig 5 hours ago lol

can someone objectify themselves, and if yes, is it valid criticism?
Your attempting to seperate the commercization and commodification of the female body from that of of her own individual choice outside of work. Of course she is free to wear whatever she desires. But within the context of consumerist capitalism, it’s an attempt to profit by sexualizing, and therefore objectifying her body.

At that point her body becomes the sole focus (within the capitalistic framework) and in turn diminishes the intellectual, and emotional aspect of her personhood I.e, we don’t want to hear what your thoughts are on video games, just show us your body in a negligee, and parts of your breasts and we’ll participate. She is now simply a (body) intended to arouse in order to gain views.

Your also attempting to seperate the apparent objectification from the greater context http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/11/13/a-statement-from-the-ign-tea. IGN has a well documented history of sexual harassment. So when paired together with their history of objectifying women this leads credence to my argument.

As far as her being her own producer and content provider she herself is making a conscious decision to participate in IGNs continuing sexualization and objectification of females for profit. Yes, this is her decision, and yes within capitalism the commodification of females bodies for profit occurs, but call it for what it is.
\
 :gamergate
ど助平

nudemacusers

« Reply #38960 on: October 11, 2018, 09:42:08 AM »
Pls sterilize everyone on that forum thx
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #38961 on: October 11, 2018, 09:47:49 AM »
I wanna say thanks to you guys for wasting your timereading that forum so I don't have to.  :doge
©ZH

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #38962 on: October 11, 2018, 10:00:44 AM »
Edit your posts after a like.

:rage
« Last Edit: October 11, 2018, 10:36:25 AM by Cauliflower Of Love »

Anti-Monitor

« Reply #38963 on: October 11, 2018, 10:04:48 AM »
Lesson is, you’re not allowed to do anything as an attractive woman, even if you want to, because it normalizes attractiveness and that is a negative for unattractive people.

Duh

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #38964 on: October 11, 2018, 10:06:21 AM »
Pls sterilize everyone on that forum thx
i don't think we need to worry about them reproducing

EightBitNate

• I don’t wanna be horny anymore, I wanna be happy
« Reply #38965 on: October 11, 2018, 10:10:20 AM »
How many times has obsidian almost went out of business in the last 10 years?

At least once was entirely Microsofts fault

To be fair, if you’re able to go under after just 1 cancellation, then you have deeper problems.

thetylerrob

« Reply #38966 on: October 11, 2018, 10:19:00 AM »
Almost everything ree hates comes down to jealousy.

Propagandhim

« Reply #38967 on: October 11, 2018, 10:27:54 AM »

Yup.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/is-ign-objectifying-women.73960/page-20#post-13674579

Your attempting to seperate the commercization and commodification of the female body from that of of her own individual choice outside of work. Of course she is free to wear whatever she desires. But within the context of consumerist capitalism, it’s an attempt to profit by sexualizing, and therefore objectifying her body.

At that point her body becomes the sole focus (within the capitalistic framework) and in turn diminishes the intellectual, and emotional aspect of her personhood I.e, we don’t want to hear what your thoughts are on video games, just show us your body in a negligee, and parts of your breasts and we’ll participate. She is now simply a (body) intended to arouse in order to gain views.

Your also attempting to seperate the apparent objectification from the greater context http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/11/13/a-statement-from-the-ign-tea. IGN has a well documented history of sexual harassment. So when paired together with their history of objectifying women this leads credence to my argument.

As far as her being her own producer and content provider she herself is making a conscious decision to participate in IGNs continuing sexualization and objectification of females for profit. Yes, this is her decision, and yes within capitalism the commodification of females bodies for profit occurs, but call it for what it is.
\

Really interesting that these peoples' post histories reveal they adore the conferred products of capitalism and only start to have a problem with it (or at least voice their concern about it) solely when it comes to how women want to present themselves.  What a coincidence.

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #38968 on: October 11, 2018, 10:29:34 AM »

Yup.

\

Really can't interpret this any other way than this guy wanting any attractive woman to disappear from commercial media. Don't call him a prude though

nudemacusers

﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Averon

« Reply #38970 on: October 11, 2018, 11:03:23 AM »
How can you read that IGN thread and not come to the conclusion that a large portion of Ree's userbase are sex negative prudes? The moment you bring up their prudishness, they get their knickers in a twist and swear up and down that's not the case. Who are they try trying to kid? Again, Audioboxer was a great voice of reason in a sea of stupidity and regressiveness in that thread. Audioboxer is way too good of a poster for Reee to be honest.

Averon

« Reply #38971 on: October 11, 2018, 11:11:24 AM »
As for the issue at large...

A large portion of ERA have conditioned themselves to linked attractiveness/sexiness to sexism/patriarchy/misogyny. It is crazy, but that is where a lot of them are at. A woman proudly showing off her looks can't possible be doing it out of her own will with no outside pressure put on her. It must be societal pressure from the patriarchy or--my favorite--internalized misogyny forcing her to act this way. Just totally stripping her of her agency without a second thought.

I am sure a lot of Reee would be just fine if all professions women do that rely on their looks be banned. Using your natural beauty to get ahead in life is regressive and sexist and evil in their eyes. This reminded me of the story about how models from a racing league lost their jobs because sex negative prudes bitched about women objectification. Reee cheered and approved. Doesn't matter that several dozen women were now jobless. I guess they considered it a small price to pay to fight the patriarchy.

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #38972 on: October 11, 2018, 11:13:56 AM »
Such stupidity;  the objectification is really what many viewers probably do.. she's just wearing those clothes PROBABLY very well knowing it ups her viewership and helps her career.  To wear clothes like that isn't objectification;  and unless the camera is zooming and they are making pervy noises or something the actual videos aren't objectification.   Now muting her and puting the video in slow mo and jerking it?  Yeah, objectification.

More power to her and fuck the whiners.
what clothes though? there's like two outfits in the screencap in that thread that show some cleavage but like 90% of her outfits are just things chicks wear. that's what's so nutty about that thread, people are positing that somehow her mode of dress is risque and i'm just so confused. like what do they want, her to reduce her on screen wardrobe to Dickies coveralls?

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #38973 on: October 11, 2018, 11:24:27 AM »
in a professional workplace, sure. ign is not that. i haven't checked out any of their stuff in a while but the stuff some of the chuds there would wear on video was far more unprofessional.

porkbun

• #1 Pit-Fighter fan
« Reply #38974 on: October 11, 2018, 11:25:16 AM »
There's a couple of outfits in those thumbnails that probably wouldn't fly in an office, but really wouldn't stand out say if you saw her in a mall or something, other than her being cute.  It's not like her tits are hanging out or she's pointing her ass doggie style at the camera.

The fact that REEE is sexualizing her and shaming her for her clothing (again, which are things that probably 90% of young straight attractive white women would wear on a regular basis) is really fucking creepy.  A lot of these people must have a graveyard of skeletons in their closet.

thetylerrob

« Reply #38975 on: October 11, 2018, 11:26:51 AM »
California office culture is so chill you're allowed to bring your dog and your belly button to work and nobody gives a shit. People are shooting and shitting up on the streets so who gives a phuck.

FStop7

« Reply #38976 on: October 11, 2018, 11:29:13 AM »
“Women should be free to live how they please, with my approval.” - ResetERA

Shit is EXACTLY like GAF.  Remember Opiate patrolling the GirlGAF thread?

Anti-Monitor

« Reply #38977 on: October 11, 2018, 11:43:02 AM »
“Women should be free to live how they please, with my approval.” - ResetERA

Shit is EXACTLY like GAF.  Remember Opiate patrolling the GirlGAF thread?
Oh I remember. I couldn't remember that creepy ass dude's name, but I sure as hell remember him.

porkbun

• #1 Pit-Fighter fan
« Reply #38978 on: October 11, 2018, 11:44:45 AM »
The reaction to the outfits is ridiculous but if you think she isn't going out of her way to look sexy for the videos you don't know women.

I mean look how she chooses to pose in that same outfit on Instagram;  this girl is feeling herself (and that's rad.)

I just find the "she's just wearing what she wants" comments almost as dumb as the over-reactions;  the girl knows what she's doing.

She's putting an effort to look good to get clicks for sure, but REEE is putting her on the same level as pornstars. camgirls, etc who are literally putting sexually explicit material out there.  Most normal women do take time to make themselves look better, but REEE doesn't understand that, as most of them (of any gender) are slobs with poor self-esteem, so any combination of a person that is attractive and/or spends time/money to improve their appearance are sub-human.

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #38979 on: October 11, 2018, 11:57:16 AM »
The reaction to the outfits is ridiculous but if you think she isn't going out of her way to look sexy for the videos you don't know women.

I mean look how she chooses to pose in that same outfit on Instagram;  this girl is feeling herself (and that's rad.)

I just find the "she's just wearing what she wants" comments almost as dumb as the over-reactions;  the girl knows what she's doing.
https://www.resetera.com/posts/13660319/
wow she wears crops tops sometimes in between tshirts, what a temptress

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #38980 on: October 11, 2018, 12:00:18 PM »
Edit your posts after a like.

:rage
What kind of animal would do this  :jeanluc

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #38981 on: October 11, 2018, 12:01:10 PM »
I think the bigger issue is how much all these geek girls look the same. olivia, morgan, and this latests one.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #38982 on: October 11, 2018, 12:02:23 PM »
I think the bigger issue is how much all these geek girls look the same. olivia, morgan, and this latests one.
some creeper high up in the video game business has a fetish

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #38983 on: October 11, 2018, 12:04:40 PM »
California office culture is so chill you're allowed to bring your dog and your belly button to work and nobody gives a shit. People are shooting and shitting up on the streets so who gives a phuck.

Oh, but that's OK.  Let's ignore real issues going on in the world so we can get pissed off at video games, comic books, anime and shit!  The stuff that REALLY matters. 

And Little Jimmy can go play GUN SHOOTER BATTLE ROYALE and kill lots of people and shit, but there better not be any boobs or female skin showing. :wag
ど助平

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #38984 on: October 11, 2018, 12:06:04 PM »
some creeper high up in the video game business has a fetish

it's this all over again

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #38985 on: October 11, 2018, 12:06:34 PM »
my ex coworker used to try and playfully get me to stare at her boobs at work, jokes on her, i was doing it even without her extra p.t.

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #38986 on: October 11, 2018, 12:10:40 PM »
p.t.?

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #38987 on: October 11, 2018, 12:28:00 PM »

https://www.resetera.com/posts/13660319/
wow she wears crops tops sometimes in between tshirts, what a temptress

What the fuck is your point jackass?

that she's just wearing normal shit and 'she knows what she's doing' is stupid :lol gosh u get hot easy huh

Nabbis

• oops
« Reply #38988 on: October 11, 2018, 12:32:37 PM »
Sex can be a good tool and many women will use it to their advantage. I don't know whats so revolutionary or outlandish about it. My hunch is that if it was studied, people would be surprised just how common and far-reaching it was. /carepost

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #38989 on: October 11, 2018, 12:33:09 PM »
This is not specifically about her and it never was.

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #38990 on: October 11, 2018, 12:35:50 PM »
ok so what about when she's wearing a tweed jacket or some threadless t like in 90% of the other videos

FStop7

« Reply #38991 on: October 11, 2018, 12:39:17 PM »
This just in: attractive people often dress to emphasize their attractiveness.  Film at 11.

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #38992 on: October 11, 2018, 12:40:03 PM »
sure, but that flies in the face of "she knows what she's doing in those thumbnails" since she's wearing t shirts in most of them :lol @ u get so pissy about this and  throwing some "denying sexuality shit white knight" outta nowhere.  :lol  not sure where you got that ya dunce

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #38993 on: October 11, 2018, 12:40:46 PM »
ok so what about when she's wearing a tweed jacket or some threadless t like in 90% of the other videos

She likely has moods like any other person?  I mean have you ever talked to a woman about her daily dressing habits?

From my experience with a wife and 2 teenage daughters, they know what they want to wear before they go to bed.

Very unlike me who grabs the nearest clean pants and a shirt I know I haven't worn in the last 6 days.
©ZH

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #38994 on: October 11, 2018, 12:45:11 PM »

Oh, but that's OK.  Let's ignore real issues going on in the world so we can get pissed off at video games, comic books, anime and shit!  The stuff that REALLY matters. 

And Little Jimmy can go play GUN SHOOTER BATTLE ROYALE and kill lots of people and shit, but there better not be any boobs or female skin showing. :wag

You know this is actually a really good point

There was a time when pearl clutching threads always had people showing up to say "seriously, this is what you choose to focus on and complain about, when there are so many more important causes out there"

And after a while you always had the retort showing up "we can focus on multiple things at a time, just because there are bigger problems doesn't mean this isn't a symptom of a larger problem, microaggressions add up, if you don't like that we're having the discussion now then WHEN" etc.

But it gets to a point where you've lost the forest for the trees and no you are actually focusing all your attention on absolutely stupid shit and there is no excuse that legitimizes it
Uncle

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #38995 on: October 11, 2018, 12:45:59 PM »
the thread wasn't about her instagram you dipshit

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #38996 on: October 11, 2018, 12:47:40 PM »
i'm not your dumbfuck, fartpants

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #38997 on: October 11, 2018, 12:48:01 PM »
the thread wasn't about her instagram you dipshit

This is not specifically about her and it never was.
Uncle

Cravy

« Reply #38998 on: October 11, 2018, 12:49:53 PM »
Michelle Obama: George W. Bush is my ‘partner in crime’

https://www.resetera.com/threads/michelle-obama-george-w-bush-is-my-%E2%80%98partner-in-crime%E2%80%99.74223/

Fun reading for a thursday morning.

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #38999 on: October 11, 2018, 12:54:50 PM »
I hate wine coolers.
finally talkin my language