Author Topic: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate  (Read 103460 times)

Bebpo

Re: Are you OK? Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
« Reply #780 on: November 08, 2019, 11:30:08 AM »
How do you do the super moves? I read the movelist and I don't know what 100% stock and stamina even means in Smash.

Tasty

« Reply #781 on: November 08, 2019, 11:34:22 AM »
How do you do the super moves? I read the movelist and I don't know what 100% stock and stamina even means in Smash.

Settings -> FS Meter

The Smash Ball item also grants Final Smashes when your character breaks one.

After that, press the special button (usually B) without directionals.

Stock Mode = Players fight until they run out of "lives" (can also add a timer)

Stamina Mode = Characters have HP which depletes, like other fighting games

Bebpo

« Reply #782 on: November 08, 2019, 11:36:15 AM »
No, I understand how FS works

But Terry's two specials (Buster Wolf and Power Geyser) are not FS moves and in stock mode require 100% stock depletion which I don't understand. I tried after losing 1 stock and they still wouldn't come out.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #783 on: November 08, 2019, 02:34:53 PM »
No, I understand how FS works

But Terry's two specials (Buster Wolf and Power Geyser) are not FS moves and in stock mode require 100% stock depletion which I don't understand. I tried after losing 1 stock and they still wouldn't come out.

You need to break 100% damage taken on a stock, not lose one.
ど助平

Bebpo

« Reply #784 on: November 08, 2019, 03:01:39 PM »
Oh, ok that makes sense.

Beezy

« Reply #785 on: November 09, 2019, 03:31:02 AM »
 :lol

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night
« Reply #786 on: November 09, 2019, 01:11:22 PM »
Terry supers damage restrictions is supposed to mimic old SNK fighters where you could only do supers or Desperation moves in the red health area or near death. Sort of like you can only do rage moves/exoves for Tekken 7 near death.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #788 on: November 10, 2019, 05:01:44 AM »
Terry supers damage restrictions is supposed to mimic old SNK fighters where you could only do supers or Desperation moves in the red health area or near death. Sort of like you can only do rage moves/exoves for Tekken 7 near death.

Eh, I can understand Justin Bebpo's confusion: Only Garou and like the early KoF's do this. I don't recall 13 or 2002UM doing this.

And like, no other fighter has a desperation move that lets you put it early/mid instead of late/near death (like Tekken does).

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #789 on: November 10, 2019, 12:03:27 PM »

Eh, I can understand Justin Bebpo's confusion: Only Garou and like the early KoF's do this. I don't recall 13 or 2002UM doing this.

And like, no other fighter has a desperation move that lets you put it early/mid instead of late/near death (like Tekken does).

All of the older SNK fighting games did this- hence the name "desperation moves."   :P  I can't remember which SNK games were first to have super meters, but I know Samurai Shodown II had it and IIRC KOF '94 had both types of supers available?  Been a while on that one.

SNK did super moves first- Art Of Fighting 1 was the first game to have one.
:expert :salute
ど助平

curly

• cultural maoist
« Reply #790 on: November 10, 2019, 05:27:28 PM »
Sakurai spent the first five minutes of the Terry Bogard intro video going over what the NeoGeo was :lol

Pretty weird how Nintendo's been progressively stripping the more difficult technical inputs from the series and now decides to add in some characters with command inputs and function totally different than traditional smash gameplay

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night
« Reply #791 on: November 11, 2019, 10:52:48 PM »
Playing Spirits mode with Terry is actually pretty fun.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

Tasty

« Reply #793 on: January 03, 2020, 09:45:21 AM »
Terry did nothing for me (*dodges tomatoes*) and neither did Hero so it's been a long time since I've been excited for the DLC.

They could make it all better in one fell swoop by announcing Leon though. :uguu

:heartbeat

Coffee Dog

« Reply #794 on: January 15, 2020, 05:34:09 PM »
I loved Terry after thinking Hero was ok. He had a unique enough playstyle and stage that he is cool even if you dont play SNK games (i did end up buying Garou, which kicks ass)

I know it's kind of a moot complaint, but I'm really tired of anime characters. Give me something from a western dev, or a hideous monster or something! Smash is supposed to be a celebration of gaming, and if I get another brightly colored sword user with human proportions I'll probably hate it. People want Dante and especially when we already have Bayonetta in the game, I'm just not on board at all.

Bebpo

« Reply #795 on: January 15, 2020, 05:38:50 PM »
Wasn't that Pirhana Plant though.

Let's Cyber

• Banned (duration pending)
« Reply #796 on: January 15, 2020, 05:48:39 PM »
I want Dante just for the great DMC music, honestly. Devils Never Cry  :lawd

But Amaterasu will also be an acceptable choice.  8)

thisismyusername

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #798 on: January 15, 2020, 08:24:24 PM »
People are thinking it's Dante because of this tweet:

https://twitter.com/DevilMayCry/status/1215032877097861125

:thinking
ど助平

remy

• my hog is small but it is mighty
« Reply #799 on: January 15, 2020, 10:19:33 PM »
Now Terry's in nothing can excite me in Smash other than some other classic fighting game character.

I guess a monster hunter maybe.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #800 on: January 16, 2020, 09:25:20 AM »
It's...Byleth.  Another generic-looking FE character.

:mysterio

The weapon changing looks kinda cool at least, but after all the guest character reveals, this just falls flat IMO. 
ど助平

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #801 on: January 16, 2020, 09:33:14 AM »
©@©™

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #802 on: January 16, 2020, 09:33:42 AM »

Coffee Dog

« Reply #803 on: January 16, 2020, 09:41:52 AM »
The list of potential DLC characters had wild shit like Terry and Joker, but also Byleth. Thanks Ninty. :lol

« Last Edit: January 16, 2020, 09:45:56 AM by Coffee Dog »

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #804 on: January 16, 2020, 09:42:47 AM »
This went over like a wet fart, as someone who played maybe 3 FE games I have trouble telling all the characters apart. The silver lining is at least its not the Minecraft guy.
^_^

thisismyusername

« Reply #805 on: January 16, 2020, 09:53:26 AM »
Steve would be better than Fire Emblem representation #50. :doge

At this point Sakurai should just change the name of the series to "Super Fire Emblem Party Game (not a fighting game): Ultimate!"

Yeti

• Hail Hydra
« Reply #806 on: January 16, 2020, 09:54:42 AM »
Another Fire Emblem character? :zzz :zzz :zzz :zzz :zzz
WDW

Coffee Dog

« Reply #807 on: January 16, 2020, 10:59:08 AM »
The worst part is that with the weapon master gimmick, they could have easily been a monhun character or really any other action game character that uses multiple weapons.

But it is Byleth of Fire Emblem, either because Nintendo gave him no better choices, or because he thought it was funny. And it kind of genuinely is. :lol

Coffee Dog

« Reply #808 on: January 16, 2020, 12:11:15 PM »
It totally worked. That phone game has grossed over half a billion dollars and is easily the biggest and most influential Fire Emblem title.

Of course theyre going to shill Byleth, showing her thighs and all. Fire Emblem's waifus/husbandos are big, big fucking business.

Bebpo

« Reply #809 on: January 16, 2020, 12:23:53 PM »
That's pretty funny. I've got no stake in this, so I can appreciate the master trolling of adding another FE character :lol

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #810 on: January 16, 2020, 02:36:34 PM »
Female Byleth is hot garbage. It's bad enough we got another blue haired FE lord, but we got the sexist cringe with it too.

At this point I've given up on decent female repersentation in Smash. Lara Croft is are only hope with a decent shot and my gut says she'll never get in. It's going to be fetish fanservice 2B or nothing.

:exxy

A belly button?!  TOO HOT 4 SMASH
:exxy
ど助平

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
If they added 2B I might actually play it.
©@©™

kingv

« Reply #812 on: January 16, 2020, 03:02:35 PM »

Imagine the smell :fbm

Smells like the back of Byleth’s earrings.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
If they added 2B I might actually play it.

Soul Calibur >>>>>> Smash
ど助平

EchoRin

• Hey, it's that dog.
Fire Emblem?  :-\

Probably the most boring dlc from this batch. I haven't listened to the Three Houses ost yet, so I'm not even sure if I care about the added songs (though when you have like 28 hours worth in the base game I guess who actually cares).

Nintendo history goes stupidly deep. Guess Fire Emblem is huge both in the west and east though.

Let's Cyber

• Banned (duration pending)
RIP Dante  :'(  I love Three Houses and even I think Byleth is a lame edition.

:snob

I hope they get more adventurous for future DLC characters.

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
Adding an entirely Nintendo owned character kind of goes against what the previous add on fighters have been. ???
Hi

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #817 on: January 16, 2020, 04:18:30 PM »
That's pretty funny. I've got no stake in this, so I can appreciate the master trolling of adding another FE character :lol

Really does feel like a troll with lines like this  :lol

https://twitter.com/UltimaShadowX/status/1217810337208193026
:umad
ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
Adding an entirely Nintendo owned character kind of goes against what the previous add on fighters have been. ???

for this game, yeah. but the smash 4 dlc had roy, lucas, corrin, and mewtwo.

them adding an FE character from the new game seemed like a forgone conclusion though it is a bit of letdown with all the lofty expectations heh

remy

Yeah basically I don't get why people are so mad when every smash game has whatever Fire Emblem character is in the latest game added to it since like Melee. If anything, we should have all been DEMANDING sakurai keep to tradition and add byleth sooner.

Kinda looks interesting too. No fucking down B counter. Actually using the different weapons from FE that a lord can use instead of just a dumbass sword. Unorthadox special move boxes.

And now, the nintendo fanboys are free to work themselves up into a frenzy for pass 2 cereal mascots without fear of another fire emblem character invading  :doge
« Last Edit: January 16, 2020, 08:33:05 PM by remy »

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Crazy stans who want KOS-MOS or Goku (lolwut) or whoever and were gonna bitch anyway aside, people are just disappointed because the last character in this season pass isn't a guest character like the last four were.  I'm sure the character will end up being popular enough, but after Banjo, DQ, Persona, and Fatal Fury, adding another Fire Emblem character is...eh.

I'm sure there's going to be another round of DLC following this and people can move onto the next character to be let down by.
:itagaki
ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
kos-mos? wtf were those people smoking? :lol

remy

Honestly the "Smash DLC Character Speculation Community" seems to live in an alternate reality to the one you and I live in

thisismyusername

nachobro

• Live Más
Honestly the "Smash DLC Character Speculation Community" seems to live in an alternate reality to the one you and I live in
you aren't kidding

https://twitter.com/Neoxon619/status/1217942450003640320

:kobeyuck

bluemax

So Dante and Travis were favorites there cause of oddball circumstances but the amount of people asking for Arle from Puyo Puyo legitimately shocked me. Like no hate to puyo puyo but where the fuck did that come from?

Some people want more non cis het male characters.
NO

bluemax

Sure but it felt like an out of nowhere pick for people to latch on to is all I'm saying.

Well it's a Nintendo franchise and they've done some out of nowhere deep cuts before (Game and Watch, Robb) so it makes more sense than Goku or Geno or KosMos.
NO

remy

Sure but it felt like an out of nowhere pick for people to latch on to is all I'm saying.

Well it's a Nintendo franchise and they've done some out of nowhere deep cuts before (Game and Watch, Robb) so it makes more sense than Goku or Geno or KosMos.
We play ぷよぷよ通 on SEGA genny with the almost arcade perfect port, tyvm :hmph

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
Hi

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
now i understand why smash players are upset at the new fire emblem

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
Finally got around to watching the Direct.

Sakurai teaches us the history of Fire Emblem and how to count binary.

Plus he adds a character from one of the most popular and best Switch games of 2019.
Gamers are garbaggio how can you hate this man and the joy he brings ???
🤴

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Everybody's favorite new character is up tomorrow.
ど助平

remy

Everybody's favorite new character is up tomorrow.
Man IDK if i'm stupid or what but Byleth's bow seems ridiculously good. I get owned by it

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
You can now buy character pass #2 for $30, with six new characters who haven't been announced yet and will slowly be released through December 2021!!!! :hyper

:mindblown

ど助平

Fifstar

Traded this against Splatoon 2, probably my retail game with the lowest number of hours played. Just not my series.
Gulp

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
You can now buy character pass #2 for $30, with six new characters who haven't been announced yet and will slowly be released through December 2021!!!! :hyper

:mindblown
I will gladly pay Sakurai $30 just for the announcement videos of more Fire Emblem characters  :mynicca
🤴

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Traded this against Splatoon 2, probably my retail game with the lowest number of hours played. Just not my series.

I'm not really big on it either.  I do enjoy seeing what's going on with the new games/content and checking out stuff when it gets released, but ultimately just can't get into it.  Reminds me of the Marvel Vs. games in that way.

But hey, maybe Byleth will get me playing!
ど助平