Author Topic: New nvidia gpu watch  (Read 10237 times)

Tasty

Re: New nvidia gpu watch
« Reply #60 on: August 20, 2018, 02:42:55 PM »
what's with the batshit insane prices

ya they're more powerful but they also keep getting more expensive

why aren't more ppl noticing it

it's not just the bitcoin bullshit

they keep beefing it up, adding to the cost

it used to $200, $300, $400-$500

for 6 7 8 series

now it's gotten double that

end of moore's law is upon us brehs

Moore's Law has been limping along for a while now. Also that applied to CPUs, not necessarily GPUs.

Also, inflation, supply and demand, etc. AKA people like Triumph keep buying in despite the higher prices so why not? It's free money for nVidia.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #61 on: August 20, 2018, 02:55:19 PM »

for 6 7 8 series

I'm looking at Euro prices now. My GXT980 Ti which I'm still rocking cost ~750 when I bought it.

The 1080 seems to be about 539 down from 800 at launch with the cheapest 2080 landing at 899.
A GeForce GTX 1060(the most used card according to Steam HW survey) will get you 30fps@ 4k and 90fps @1080p in Battlefield 1 everything maxed out (so resolutions in between ~60/70 fps) and comes in at 225.
I don't think the only issue is Nvidia jacking up the prices (which they obviously did) but also the demand for ever faster cards and higher framerates at increasing resolutions.
However, there's still plenty of affordable options available. You just have to wait a bit for a 2050 or 2060 to release if you want to jump on this train.
🤴

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #62 on: August 20, 2018, 02:56:19 PM »
1k series isn't going to drop at all unless retailers desperately need to clear shelves. They'll help justify the 2k series' prices.

If only AMD could compete... What were they thinking with Vega? Navi is going to have to be some kind of miracle architecture. :shaq2

Tasty

« Reply #63 on: August 20, 2018, 02:59:13 PM »
Is 4K the limit? Or are some people going to convince themselves they need 8K or some shit.

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #64 on: August 20, 2018, 02:59:30 PM »
Pretty much what Nintex said. There is perfectly capable cheaper cards, but the demand for some to run games at crazy frame rates and resolutions is there and can't blame them for pushing for that. That combined with no real competiton and this is the prices we get.

and I will take it  :rejoice

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #65 on: August 20, 2018, 03:01:13 PM »
Also Nvidia dropped some not so subtle hints that this is the sort of thing that will power the next generation of consoles.
There couldn't have been many people asking them how to turn that Quadro demo into technology viable for console. 

Microsoft has already adopted this in DirectX so it's just a question of time when the (Direct)Xbox is equipped with a chip like this.
The RTX on/off demonstration also reminded me of the Xbox One X Enhanced features. This is perfect for the multi-generation console market.
🤴

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #66 on: August 20, 2018, 03:01:30 PM »
Is 4K the limit? Or are some people going to convince themselves they need 8K or some shit.

Of course not, I mean there is already 5k monitors out there. But I think at 4k, the focus will be on getting some 4k 144hz monitors down cheap first. At least that is my hope.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #67 on: August 20, 2018, 03:03:48 PM »

Of course not, I mean there is already 5k monitors out there. But I think at 4k, the focus will be on getting some 4k 144hz monitors down cheap first. At least that is my hope.
They highlighted a 8k port.

I wasn't convinced of 4k until I got my OLED 4K HDR equipped TV. And just wow.
Not sure what sort of difference 8k will make but it'll probably take about 5 years before that 'really' takes off.
After all adaptation of 4k has been rather slow and there's not that much 4k content either.

Gaming is a different beast though but outside of insane PC gaming setups I don't see it gain any traction anytime soon.
🤴

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #68 on: August 20, 2018, 03:06:13 PM »
Yeah won't be very soon for sure. But it will certainly come sometime down the road.

Tasty

« Reply #69 on: August 20, 2018, 03:14:50 PM »

They highlighted a 8k port.

I wasn't convinced of 4k until I got my OLED 4K HDR equipped TV. And just wow.
Not sure what sort of difference 8k will make but it'll probably take about 5 years before that 'really' takes off.
After all adaptation of 4k has been rather slow and there's not that much 4k content either.

Gaming is a different beast though but outside of insane PC gaming setups I don't see it gain any traction anytime soon.

4K -> 8K is really only physically perceptible on cinema screens. HDR and HFR might make more of a difference on computer monitors but we already have that tech for lower resolutions.

From what I can tell, while it'll probably be increased at some point, Hollywood seems to really be pinning everything on 8K (and has been for years.) Criterion-quality digital transfers of old film stock target anywhere between 4K and 8K, and 8K has become the standard for digital cinema cameras. (Red had a 4K trial run with the Red One, but has been full-steam on 8K since then.)

Watching resolutions higher than 1080p unfold across gaming has been interesting from a film perspective.

kingv

« Reply #70 on: August 20, 2018, 03:16:04 PM »

for 6 7 8 series

I felt the same way when the 1070 came out. Everyone is like “OMG it’s 25% faster than 970” and I’m like “and it’s also 20% more expensive, so I’m not really all that amped”

It’s just to the point where $ per FPS or however you want to come up with s metric barely drops down each generation. Shit this time it might actually go up, because the 2070 is like a $120 more than a 1070 was at launch.

Nabbis

• oops
« Reply #71 on: August 20, 2018, 03:16:35 PM »
Also Nvidia dropped some not so subtle hints that this is the sort of thing that will power the next generation of consoles.
There couldn't have been many people asking them how to turn that Quadro demo into technology viable for console. 

Microsoft has already adopted this in DirectX so it's just a question of time when the (Direct)Xbox is equipped with a chip like this.
The RTX on/off demonstration also reminded me of the Xbox One X Enhanced features. This is perfect for the multi-generation console market.

I seriously doubt it will happen with Nvidia prices. Switch uses a shitty tegra1 for Gods sake.

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #72 on: August 20, 2018, 03:19:26 PM »
The cheaper prices at the end there is probably just a reference point. The founders edition pre-order pricing is setting the market for everything. This is the NewEgg search results for "rtx 2080" and the prices all pretty much mirror the FE.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Order=BESTMATCH&Description=rtx+2080&ignorear=0&N=-1&isNodeId=1
yar

Tasty

« Reply #73 on: August 20, 2018, 03:20:12 PM »
Apparently VR needs 40K (yes, forty) in order to fully simulate reality (not to mention the HFR needs there too.)

But when we manage to make 40K displays 1-inch in size we should have Matrix jack-in tech by then anyways.

kingv

« Reply #74 on: August 20, 2018, 03:29:37 PM »
Even on psvr, I never really felt that the ressolution was all that much of a detriment to the experience. It’s more about fidelity in other areas.

For me at least, resolution is one of those things that has diminishing returns. Even when comparing yakuza 6 and Yakuza 0 on pspro (0 is not pro enhanced)i don’t think the difference in resolution is all that noticeable. I notice the difference in frame rates and the environmental animations and stuff way more.

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #75 on: August 21, 2018, 10:39:33 AM »
Over the course of a day I've gone from pretty sure I'd get a 2080 ti to settling on a 2080 to now just pretty sure I'm gonna grab a 1080 ti for cheap. I'm relatively convinced the real jump in actual performance will come with 7nm cards next year and that this is just a cash grab by nvidia since it's been so long since they've released anything. Gonna wait to see actual performance specs of the 2080 vs. the 1080 ti in things games are actually doing now (you know, fps at 4k as opposed to all this ray tracing witchcraft mumbo jumbo)
yar

kingv

« Reply #76 on: August 21, 2018, 10:50:38 AM »
In all honesty the ray tracing stuff is going to be mininmally important until every gpu under the sun and consoles can do it.

That’s how it always is with bleeding edge features.

Pour one out for physx!

Nabbis

• oops
« Reply #77 on: August 21, 2018, 12:40:58 PM »
They put a shitload of silicon space for this and the visual impact is so poor. I wonder what's the long term strategy here or is it some vanity project for Jen-Hsun.

El Babua

« Reply #78 on: August 21, 2018, 02:35:17 PM »
Preordered the 2080 yesterday cause I'm a GRAPHICS THOT

Also cause I've been sitting on this damn unfinished build for almost 2 years now :doge

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #79 on: August 21, 2018, 08:11:02 PM »
looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

https://www.pcgamesn.com/nvidia-rtx-2080-ti-hands-on

But still, it’s tough not to be a little concerned when the ultra-expensive, ultra-enthusiast RTX 2080 Ti isn’t able to hit 60fps at 1080p in Shadow of the Tomb Raider. We weren’t able to see what settings the game was running at as the options screens were cut down in the build we were capturing, but GeForce Experience was capturing at the game resolution and the RTX footage we have is 1080p.

Granted it's on early rtx builds of the game and early drivers for the 2080 ti but if I do decide to bite the bullet and get a 2080 I'll probably keep ray tracing turned the fuck off until it's stable.
yar

Tasty

« Reply #80 on: August 21, 2018, 08:12:50 PM »
the ultra-expensive, ultra-enthusiast RTX 2080 Ti isn’t able to hit 60fps at 1080p in Shadow of the Tomb Raider.

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #81 on: August 21, 2018, 08:20:52 PM »
To be clear it's not hitting it with ray tracing turned on. I'm sure just looking at the sheer horsepower of the thing it will absolutely murder Shadows of the Tomb Raider in 4k with ray tracing turned off.
yar

kingv

« Reply #82 on: August 21, 2018, 08:59:54 PM »
I’m starting to feel a bit more optimistic on skipping until 7nm.

Ray tracing is the new hairworks, (or whatever lame-o shit that was part of Arkham Knight... I think there was something with like paper flying around). Those features always seem to be like 1-2 gens ahead of the cards they’re being marketed with.

I’m definitely curious how the non ray tracing performance is. I feel like if it’s anything less than 50-60% it’s kind of a disappointment with the big price increases.

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #83 on: August 22, 2018, 06:44:41 PM »
Nvidia: *spends entire presentation talking about tech that very few games will use anytime soon*

Skeptical gamers: WTF WHERE IS DATA SHOWING INCREASE OVER PAST GEN

Nvidia: ugh fine you fucking babies here

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2018/08/22/nvidia-turing-rtx-2080-vs-gtx-1080-performance/

Apparently the 2080 (vanilla, not even ti!) shits all over present day and probably everything over the next year or two games in 4k. :doge GOOD JORB NVIDIA MAYBE THAT MIGHT HAVE WARRANTED A MENTION AMONG ALL YOUR RAY TRACING WITCHCRAFT HORSESHIT.
yar

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #84 on: August 22, 2018, 07:10:57 PM »
Ray tracing is a massive game changer in terms of how reflections and lighting effects are handled.
The Battlefield V guys already got impressive results with just a rough implementation but 2019 games will look absolutely stunning.

The CEO got very technical though but I understand why he was excited it was a massive milestone for graphics technology.
🤴

naff

• someday you feed on a tree frog
« Reply #85 on: August 22, 2018, 07:42:58 PM »

for 6 7 8 series

GPU performance increase is still relatively linear

◕‿◕

naff

« Reply #86 on: August 22, 2018, 07:50:43 PM »
im yet to encounter anything that makes me want to upgrade frm an R9 280x running on a 1080p screen  :lol

edit: the thing that will eventually get me to upgrade will no doubt be VR. but i can't imagine devs leaving cards like the 280x behind for standard gaming for a long time yet. can't believe the 280x and 1050 ti's are still fetching teh prices they are. average 2nd hand ebay price (~170us) jk that was average March price. seems much lower now.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2018, 08:03:33 PM by naff »
◕‿◕

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #87 on: August 22, 2018, 08:28:33 PM »
im yet to encounter anything that makes me want to upgrade frm an R9 280x running on a 1080p screen  :lol
RIP my 280X :'(

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #88 on: August 22, 2018, 09:46:17 PM »
Man, I'm running a 280x too. Such a good card. Was that the last time AMD made good cards? I dunno.

I wouldn't be fucking with upgrading if I hadn't decided it was time to build a new pc and been bitten by the 4k bug.
yar

naff

« Reply #89 on: August 22, 2018, 10:30:36 PM »
I would like one of those 21:9 ultrawide 3440 x 1440 monitors. might run ok with a couple 280x's crossfired  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Actual 4k seems far too expensive processing wise rn. 
◕‿◕

kingv

« Reply #90 on: August 22, 2018, 11:04:09 PM »
If those numbers hold in benchmarks these might be pretty much worth it, though I still am pretty unenthusiastic enough about the pricing to just continue waiting.

At $350 I’d probably cop a 2070, but at $500 probably not.

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #91 on: August 23, 2018, 10:37:10 AM »
If those numbers hold in benchmarks these might be pretty much worth it, though I still am pretty unenthusiastic enough about the pricing to just continue waiting.

We're probably not even likely to see $500 2070s until well into next year considering the pricing of the 2080 and 2080 ti models so far, combined with the fact that the 2070 doesn't even have a release date yet (supposedly late October tho)

I'm skeptical of those numbers- "selected titles" and no 3rd party tests yet demands it. It all depends on the Turing architecture and if the witchcraft simultaneous processing is software or driver based. If it's driver based, great! It will affect everything. If it's software based... well, they did say "selected titles" so yeah... Although maybe it is driver based since the DLSS is only highlighted on certain titles in that chart to get those up to "2x faster" so at this point who fucking knows.

Nvidia has been squirrelly with this shit so far and until Gamer's Nexus boringly tests the new cards on about 500 current games I'm gonna stay skeptical.
yar

Himu

« Reply #92 on: August 23, 2018, 12:12:48 PM »
so i should go with this laptop or just wait?

https://www.amazon.com/Dell-Laptop-Intel-Graphics-Memory/dp/B0764HW117/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1535040568&sr=8-7&keywords=geforce+1060+laptop

not sure about the i5. Too weak? shouldn't I go for an i7?
IYKYK

kingv

« Reply #93 on: August 23, 2018, 01:32:55 PM »

We're probably not even likely to see $500 2070s until well into next year considering the pricing of the 2080 and 2080 ti models so far, combined with the fact that the 2070 doesn't even have a release date yet (supposedly late October tho)

I'm skeptical of those numbers- "selected titles" and no 3rd party tests yet demands it. It all depends on the Turing architecture and if the witchcraft simultaneous processing is software or driver based. If it's driver based, great! It will affect everything. If it's software based... well, they did say "selected titles" so yeah... Although maybe it is driver based since the DLSS is only highlighted on certain titles in that chart to get those up to "2x faster" so at this point who fucking knows.

Nvidia has been squirrelly with this shit so far and until Gamer's Nexus boringly tests the new cards on about 500 current games I'm gonna stay skeptical.

I basically agree.

And it remains to be seen what the 2070 will do for you. If you can’t hit 4k60 on medium settings or so, it’s hard to say it makes sense to buy over an X1X or a PS4Pro because you can get either of those for like $400 with a game included any given day.

The rayteacing does look really good on Battlefield, but I also feel like it’s one of those things where the flashiest bits of that (like fire reflecting off of cars) could theoretically be faked well enough to mitigate the quality gap.

MS and Sony were pretty smart to release those mid gen upgrades. A couple of years ago you could spend $800 on a computer and get something that just blows away a base PS4 or Xbox One in a very obvious way and get every game at 1080p60 with better settings. It’s not entirely clear that is the case anymore, because they do a pretty good job with HDR and higher resolutions too (albeit not at 4K).

Nabbis

• oops
« Reply #94 on: August 23, 2018, 02:45:18 PM »
so i should go with this laptop or just wait?

https://www.amazon.com/Dell-Laptop-Intel-Graphics-Memory/dp/B0764HW117/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1535040568&sr=8-7&keywords=geforce+1060+laptop

not sure about the i5. Too weak? shouldn't I go for an i7?

Eh, i dunno. 1060GTX is okay for a laptop and getting a 1070 for such a thin medium quality case would just bring the heat and fans to ridiculous levels. i7 would be better since laptop CPUs suck ass already. 6820hk(for example, overclock model of the 6700hq), would need to be overclocked to 4ghz if you want to match the performance of a 4770k at stock. You should look at the CPU benchmarks for that model but otherwise it's okay for gaming. Don't know how good the price is for US but here it would be a good buy. If possible you should add another 8gb of ram. Gsync would also be nice but i imagine the cost will be higher.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2018, 02:49:30 PM by Nabbis »

Himu

« Reply #95 on: August 23, 2018, 02:50:55 PM »
Should I just build a computer? Would it be cheaper? If so, how can I get started?
IYKYK

Tasty

« Reply #96 on: August 23, 2018, 02:59:56 PM »
I'm buying a laptop this month so I can edit 5K vids in Premiere.

i7 Gen 8 and at least 16 GB are the keys for me (32 GB preferred.) Some of my "pie in the sky" candidate:

- Gigabyte Aero 15W v8-BK4 (i7-8750H, 32GB RAM, 512GB SATA SSD, GTX 1060 6GB, 15.6" Full HD 144Hz, Windows 10)

The more "budget" picks:

- Dell - Inspiron 2-in-1 13.3" Touch-Screen Laptop - Intel Core i7 - 16GB Memory - 256GB Solid State Drive
- Dell - Inspiron 15.6" Touch-Screen Laptop - Intel Core i7 - 32GB Memory - AMD Radeon 530 - 1TB Hard Drive
- HP - ENVY x360 2-in-1 15.6" Touch-Screen Laptop - Intel Core i7 - 16GB Memory - 1TB Hard Drive

Sorta out of place here since I'm not too concerned with the actual GPU itself, but I figured I'd bring it up since there was a chance it could help you Cindi. :)

I wish non-touchscreen laptops were more prevalent, the cost savings are pretty sizable assuming other specs are the same, from what I've seen. NewEgg seems to have the best UI for filtering based on certain components, Amazon's is absolute shit.

Nabbis

• oops
« Reply #97 on: August 23, 2018, 03:05:19 PM »
« Last Edit: August 23, 2018, 03:24:30 PM by Nabbis »

Himu

« Reply #98 on: August 23, 2018, 03:06:37 PM »
So I figure when it comes to things like video editing and animation CPU > GPU, right?
IYKYK

Tasty

« Reply #99 on: August 23, 2018, 03:08:04 PM »
So I figure when it comes to things like video editing and animation CPU > GPU, right?

Yup. RAM is really important too.

GPU helps with things (especially After Effects) but CPU is really the key.

Himu

« Reply #100 on: August 23, 2018, 03:12:34 PM »
I figured cpu was more important but don’t know how important gpu is.

Thank you two
IYKYK

naff

« Reply #101 on: August 23, 2018, 09:45:15 PM »
MS and Sony were pretty smart to release those mid gen upgrades. A couple of years ago you could spend $800 on a computer and get something that just blows away a base PS4 or Xbox One in a very obvious way and get every game at 1080p60 with better settings. It’s not entirely clear that is the case anymore, because they do a pretty good job with HDR and higher resolutions too (albeit not at 4K).

i would love to see results of a double blind trial testing how many people accurately discern between 1440p/QHD and 2160p/4k on a 27" monitor by the same manufacturer (eg as close to the same colour gamut as possible) at a standard computer desk. same games, same settings, different res.
◕‿◕

kingv

« Reply #102 on: August 23, 2018, 10:39:25 PM »
I’m pretty sure I couldn’t tell. I can very barely tell the difference between 1080p and 4K but it’s nowhere near as much as some people say (at least to my old eyes)

I think my only hope would be the scaling might be weird for 1440p to a 4K monitor because it’s not an even number of difference in pixels.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2018, 11:00:16 PM by kingv »

naff

« Reply #103 on: August 23, 2018, 11:34:20 PM »
yeah that's just science man. you'd need a large monitor, to be sitting v close and have incredible vision to discern between 1440 and 2160. 1440 does feel like a nice upgrade to me (I work on higher res monitors, 4k windows scaling sucks tho, kinda wish i just had 1440 now) but 4k requires over 2x the processing power again frm ur graphics card over 1440 (~4x v 1080) with dubious benefits. seems to me most people have pretty good colour distinction and would get much more out of a lower res panel with a focus on colour quality, smooth high frame rates (eg g or freesync monitors) and good contrast.
◕‿◕

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #104 on: August 28, 2018, 12:38:34 AM »
Brehs we gotta talk about what the AIB partners are doing here

YO DOG WE HEARD YOU LIKE HEATSINKS SO WE ADDED A HEATSINK TO YO HEATSINK

yar

naff

« Reply #105 on: August 28, 2018, 12:41:22 AM »
Hot and thicc. Just how I like 'em.
◕‿◕

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #106 on: August 28, 2018, 12:53:50 AM »
ugg how am I suppose to fit 4 of those into me? 

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #107 on: August 28, 2018, 01:07:52 AM »
ugg how am I suppose to fit 4 of those into me?

Get real fat, then lose all the weight real quick and you'll have a bunch of gross loose skin. Problem solved!
yar

Tasty

« Reply #108 on: August 28, 2018, 08:39:52 PM »
Which one?

$1,599.00 - ASUS ROG STRIX GL503GE SCAR Edition (i7-8750H, 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD + 1TB SSHD, NVIDIA GTX 1050Ti 4GB)

$1,847.99 - Dell Laptop XPS 15 (i7-8750H, 32GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, NVIDIA GTX 1050Ti 4GB)

Slightly more storage on the ASUS, but it's much uglier and is 1.7 pounds heavier. :thinking

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #109 on: August 28, 2018, 09:39:32 PM »
Neither, get a Sager

(if it's a binary choice get the Dell I guess, whatever)
yar

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #110 on: August 28, 2018, 09:49:09 PM »
dell xps screens  :lawd

Tasty

« Reply #111 on: August 29, 2018, 01:06:53 PM »
Sager looks pretty awesome. I think I'm in love with this one:

https://www.amazon.com/NP8955-Gaming-Display-i7-8750H-Windows/dp/B07CYHQYM7?th=1

Himu

« Reply #112 on: August 29, 2018, 01:17:01 PM »
I wish I had your paycheck Tasty :-/

I’d like that but can’t afford it.
IYKYK

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #113 on: August 29, 2018, 01:17:10 PM »

https://www.amazon.com/NP8955-Gaming-Display-i7-8750H-Windows/dp/B07CYHQYM7?th=1

I (and other people, MAF and I think bork) can vouch for their quality. You might be able to get what you want cheaper by going direct through their site, not sure.

https://www.sagernotebook.com/home.php
yar

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #114 on: August 29, 2018, 01:19:41 PM »
tbh tho if you're serious about bang for your buck (and are primarily going to be using it as an editing station) there really is no reason not to build a desktop instead. You'll save hundreds of dollars and will be able to use larger (multiple) screens more easily. Yes you won't be able to spend hours editing your video projects in a fucking coffee shop but no one likes that person, and you'll be more productive doing it from home on a cheaper machine on larger screens. Bonus: get to work in your underwear or naked.
yar

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #115 on: August 29, 2018, 02:07:14 PM »

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #116 on: August 29, 2018, 02:14:20 PM »
Looks great, but BF combat is still trash. Spending 3 minutes running toward combat just to be shot by someone you never saw. Respawn, spend 3 more minutes running toward action. Rinse and repeat.
©ZH

Tasty

« Reply #117 on: August 29, 2018, 02:17:03 PM »
I wish I had your paycheck Tasty :-/

I’d like that but can’t afford it.

I mean, I'll be paying it off for a couple weeks, haha. And I've been trying to save for it for a while.

I (and other people, MAF and I think bork) can vouch for their quality. You might be able to get what you want cheaper by going direct through their site, not sure.

https://www.sagernotebook.com/home.php

I was there first, on their site the same model is $100 more lol.

tbh tho if you're serious about bang for your buck (and are primarily going to be using it as an editing station) there really is no reason not to build a desktop instead. You'll save hundreds of dollars and will be able to use larger (multiple) screens more easily. Yes you won't be able to spend hours editing your video projects in a fucking coffee shop but no one likes that person, and you'll be more productive doing it from home on a cheaper machine on larger screens. Bonus: get to work in your underwear or naked.

I don't want to get a desk and set that up, I barely even have the space for it. I'm good with laptops.

I've edited more than a few vids on various Amtrak trips and I enjoy that freedom.

Nabbis

• oops
« Reply #118 on: August 29, 2018, 02:22:31 PM »
Had a awesome gaming latop for two years, it's really not as comfortable as i imagined even when i travelled frequently and took it with me. Glad i sold it and bought nearly twice as powerful desktop.

Tasty

« Reply #119 on: August 29, 2018, 02:23:44 PM »
Well I also want to get the Pixelbook 2 for travel reasons lol. :P