Author Topic: Teach me how to play old school Monster Hunter  (Read 7073 times)

Bebpo

Teach me how to play old school Monster Hunter
« on: August 29, 2018, 02:57:54 AM »
So I picked up Generations Ultimate on Switch and put a couple hours in and coming from World it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be. Took me a bit to figure out how the gathering/maps/paintball stuff worked, but figured it out.

My main question is I'm not sure how the progression works if I'm just going to play this single player (mainly bought it for traveling).

There's the main town and doing quests unlocks more quests. The problem is at least at 2-star, most of the quests are boring shit and only like 3 of the quests are actual hunts outta 12 or so. Do I just gotta grind out all the zzz gathering/small monster stuff to keep progressing? At a certain point does that stop and you can just stick to hunting missions only to advance? Because in World I felt like you could and all the gathering/small monster missions were pretty optional for armor spheres and money.

Then there's all these other town hubs, but I'm guessing they're just nostalgia and the old towns from the previous games? Like they don't have different quests/items/weapons, so you can ignore them, right?

But then there's the gathering hub, which unlike World where it's just the multiplayer place, here it's like a full town and your rank is completely different from the single player and there are lots of cool daily quests, challenge quests, dlc quests to do.

1) Since the ranks are separate, should I just stop with the story mode and play through the game by going through the gathering hub increasing my HR level and doing harder and harder hunts while upgrading? Because I have zero interest in the storyline.

2) Otherwise, in World when you want to grind monster parts you do investigations because the monsters drop more parts. How do you grind monsters here for drops? Just keep replaying their quest over and over?

Otherwise, my initial observations coming from world is gathering isn't terrible but it takes longer so I don't bother gathering when out on non-gathering missions, the paintball thing is ok but if you miss or it wears off and the monster leaves the zone it can be a pain to find them again. I don't mind the zones other than the constant loading. I don't mind the graphics downgrade much. The couple real monsters I've fought so far have been pretty fun and more lively. I feel like it's harder to notice you're being hit and taking damage in this than world. Like a lot of attacks don't knock you down and so if you're not paying attention to your lifebar you don't notice you've been hit and lost half you life whoops.

I only played Hammer in World and trying Hammer here it feels kinda shitty and way less fluid. Also doesn't feel like it has the satisfying skull crushing impact that it does in World. I picked Long Sword for my main in Ultimate. Never played LS in World and it's taking some getting used to with the spirit bar thing but it's fun. I like the hunter art that goes with it at the start where you take a step back and then slash forward at the enemy doing bleed damage and increasing your spirit bar.

Anyhow, seems pretty dope. Haven't even looked into how to use Palicos. I have 2 from the intro tutorial and they help me fight but I need to look into teaching them some skills. Just gotta figure out the main way to progress and grind in this game and I should be good to go after watching a Long Sword guide.

Oh and I miss the jumping and sliding everywhere from World. Feels like that aspect of the game isn't in it unless you pick the aerial style. I'm just using the standard guild style at the moment.

Himu

Re: Teach me how to play old school Monster Hunter
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2018, 03:32:00 AM »
2) Otherwise, in World when you want to grind monster parts you do investigations because the monsters drop more parts. How do you grind monsters here for drops? Just keep replaying their quest over and over?

Yes to replaying
IYKYK

Bebpo

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2018, 04:18:50 AM »
Another thing is that this game is not very helpful as to what real rank missions are in hunters hub. Story-mode is fine, I'm rank 2 and the rank 2 quests are my level. But in Hunters hub there's all these event quests and I tried the quest of the day which is only 1-star against Royal Ludroth.

Well after 50 mins when my time ran out it was pretty fucking clear that my lvl.1 weapon with 70 damage was not strong enough to be fighting R.Ludroth solo. But how was I supposed to know what point I was strong enough since the quest just says 1-star and I'm taking down 2-star hunts in solo story mode ok with my current damage output.

Also fighting a monster above my level for 50 mins showed me some annoyances in this pre-world MH. Like the monster leaves the zone to the next and you follow and then he hits you back into the zone you came from when you get into the new zone :| This happened a handful of times. Also the monster continually leaving and going back and forth between zones over and over again was annoying, although this was more because my damage output was obviously way too low so he'd keep healing a bit as he went back and forth dragging the fight on forever.

I think I should avoid the hunter hub until I finish story mode...

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2018, 07:19:35 AM »
Tactically.

Tasty

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2018, 11:33:55 AM »
Ok, ordered the real MH game for the pre-order $12 off. Will give it a shot and see if I can get into non-MHW MH.

Yeah, just give the tutorials some time. You'll have to learn how to paintball instead of relying on fireflies, and there's probably more menu cruft, but at the end of the day MH is still MH. I can see World people getting super annoyed with the maps being zone-based but if you can get out of that hurtle you'll probably gel with it really well.

GU's strength is its monster count though, so I'm not sure I'd recommend it to World newbies if they still have a lot left to do in that game. If you've run through World and are bored of the online, GU will serve up some fresh fights. :)

Bebpo

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2018, 12:01:14 PM »
Ok, so on era they told me that all the gathering hub quests give the monsters 2.5x health, which explains my 50 min time out using my weakass sword. Since I'm not doing MP, will just stick to the village quests.

I definitely prefer how World merges single player & MP. I don't like the idea that if I ever want to play MP, even 100 hours of village quests in, I need to start at HR1.

Tasty

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2018, 12:22:19 PM »
Makes sense to me. Online is a completely different game mode. It's like wondering why your Death Match score doesn't transfer to King of the Hill in FPS games or whatever.

Bebpo

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2018, 12:46:26 PM »
Not really?

If you've fought all the toughest monsters in HR in the village quests and beaten them.
Why should you have to jump back to fighting the low-level guys for hours and hours just to get your HR back up and unlock higher level quests?

Like if you beat the village quests and then want to grind some endgame boss for parts with other people, you can't do it if you're HR1.
Or if you're avoiding the village quests and just doing MP progression. If no one is online, now you can't progress in HR and get the parts you need because all the enemies are buffed for 4p.

MHW's way is much better imo since when you're just grinding monsters you've already beat for drops you can do it with other people to make it more dynamic and fun and less repetitive.

Bebpo

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2018, 01:04:20 PM »
I feel like it’s closer to if Diablo made you keep a separate character for MP and one for SP

On the other hand, I get that keeping them separate keeps the challenge of SP. If someone beats SP, it’s 100% on their own skills and not with anyone else’s help as a crutch.

Bebpo

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2018, 03:21:05 AM »
Starting to get the hang of this, it's pretty cool. There's a lot of depth there with the 6 hunter styles (although Alchemy is dumb and useless outside MP, so 5 styles for solo, so Striker is also essentially just standard guild minus a hop or too but gaining an extra hunter art so not that different. Still, Guild/Striker, Adept, Aerial, Valor are all pretty unique playing).

Also this is sorta reminding me how deep each weapon is despite their small movelists. It took my entire 30-50 hours of MHW to get the hang of Hammer and no other weapon. It's gonna easily take me 20-40 hours of getting through the village quests in GU to really learn Long Sword. And then there's still 12 other weapons I can learn at some point if I want.

Finding a guide that showed the "key quests" for each rank in village quests was helpful. That way each rank is just like 4-5 quests and most are hunts. Don't have to spend much time gathering.

Speaking of which, because Generations Ultimate starts you with ALL the DLC from Generations, you start with like 1 million bucks and 99 of every item. This goes a long way towards remedying the tediousness of gathering. Don't see myself having to gather for a long while since I have what I need to get pretty far in the single player.

It's pretty interesting seeing how close this and World are. Outside some small stuff they're essentially the same game, which is cool both ways. Looking forward to enjoying all the monsters in GU and then getting back and finishing World SP. This game is definitely making me more of a fan of Monster Hunter.

Purple Filth

• This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win—and it can—then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2018, 12:23:30 PM »
The Zone stuff is fine since you can cheese the fuck out of it.

Bebpo

« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2018, 04:34:51 PM »
Did my first online fight against the Great Maccao. The hardest part was 4 people figuring out how to join a MP quest together and start the quest. Once we figured it out, it isn't too different than World. The more I play GU/XX the more I notice how GU/XX and World are pretty much the same game just with some slight differences. GU/XX feels like the scaled down portable version w/more content.

That being said, having never played Long Sword in World, I took a look at a Long Sword vid from World and wow they really changed the moveset up completely in World. Looks way more fun and incorporates various moves from the X/XX styles/arts like Aerial combat & Adept style counters. Playing Hammer in X/XX also feels worse than in World. I feel like at least from those 2 small samples, World really seems to have improved the weapon movesets and made them much more fun to play.

I mean that just looks a lot more fun than my fights right now with LS in GU.

But that's a bad thing lol; it's kinda bullshit when I get to just heal/whetstone safely with no tension in another zone.

Honestly Zone's aren't a big deal and it makes sense given the handheld limitations, but MHW is definitely more fun with no zones.

Himu

« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2018, 04:48:59 PM »
Zones > no zones in my experience

What I played of worlds demo was dumbed down. You no longer actually “hunt”, you follow the marker and the mark has a bunch of random events that make it easier to tackle down the monster. What I played of World made me furious because it’s another example of another game property I like being dumbed down. That said I haven’t played an MH since 3U.

I don’t want MH to look “cool” with lots of aerial options. I’m very simple. Give me a time limit, some bait, and I hunt the monster on scant info.
IYKYK

Bebpo

« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2018, 05:28:52 PM »
biggest rolleyes ever.

You don't hunt monsters in oldschool MH. You throw a paintball on them and follow their marker to the next area.
In World you still have to find the monster first, just like the games before it, and then when it leaves you follow the scoutflies to the next area. It's the exact same thing.

World is easier, everyone who plays MH has pretty much agreed on that, but not because it's been "dumbed down". There's actually more depth there, especially with more use of the environment.
It's easier because you can re-stock items mid-mission (which they should take out), and the enemies hit less hard and are less aggressive in general and they've buffed the hunters giving them better movelists and more agility. They nerfed a few things like not requiring earplugs or hot/cool drinks, but it's pretty minor stuff and they added a lot to make up for it.

Himu

« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2018, 05:53:38 PM »
Nope. You aren’t told where the monster is in old MH. In MHW they tell you the general proximity of its location and then you follow some bugs to the exact location. The game goes out of its way to highlight that “these are the monsters foot prints! Follow them!” Giving the general location is one thing. Giving away where the monster is and giving a glorified way point is another point entirely. Sure, I can use a paintball on the monster but that requires me finding it and actively tagging it to achieve that. It shouldn’t be handed to me. In old MH you track the monster yourself, hence monster hunter.
IYKYK

Bebpo

« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2018, 02:26:21 AM »
Ok, so I've been just grinding Great Maccao, Gendrome and Cephadrone over and over with Longsword changing between styles and trying to decide what my playstyle is before finishing the 2 star quests and getting to village 3 star.

Here's what I've found as a beginner to LS:

Guild - Seems ok, mostly gotta be precise about positioning using side step slash and fade slash to move around the monster while keep slashing and building meter and do spirit slash combo during right timing.

Striker - Slightly less movement options but an extra art, but the starting arts are kinda whatever outside Sakura Slash so it doesn't make a difference yet.

Adapt - Tight timing on the rolling into attacks is tough, plus I keep rolling through an attack countering it and then I start running at the monster and its far away and I lose my running counter attack before I can even reach the monster. At least on the 3 monsters above I was grinding I wasn't big on Adept.

Aerial - Ok, I expected this to suck with Longsword since you can only start Spirit Sword combo in the air...but between the longer and better dodge roll and the ease of instant airborne all the time just by rolling into the side leg of the monster over and over and then being over their head so their attacks often miss you and you can jump straight into spirit combo...this style was both fun as hell, easier to dodge attacks, got more attacks in and was able to get to red spirit sword quicker than any of the other styles. Also I get lots of mounts but I don't understand how mounting works here compared to World. I can't seem to down the monster and always get knocked off. I get that R is hold on and X is stab but is there anything else I need to be aware of?

Valor - I still don't completely get this. I'm hitting a lot and whenever I'm about to get attacked I'm canceling into sheathing (or I just stand and sheathe if I'm far and the enemy is approaching to attack me) and then I get hit during sheathing and dodge counter while taking a little damage and then I hit R and do a nice slash kinda counter after and then back to slashing with sheathing between every couple slashes or when I anticipate an attack coming. My sword often turns blue but goes to no other color. Seems like this style lets me continually keep attacking with counter dodge roll -> counter slashes in between. Feels like I killed the monsters the fastest because the continual attacking but I also took more damage because getting hit during the sheathing still takes some damage.

Alchemy - didn't try, don't plan to unless I'm playing MP.

Right now I feel like it's a tie between Aerial & Valor LS for what's the most fun/good/interesting style to play for SP. I feel like Aerial is probably better for some monsters (especially if you can mount and down them regularly for big monsters) and worse for others depending on their size, otherwise Valor is the way to go. Guild feels a little slow and precise, Striker is whatever so far until I get more Arts and Adept is too picky for me.

Freyj

« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2018, 02:32:23 AM »
I played through the non MP portion of MH4U recently which Switch Axe and while I’m convinced that’s my go to when I get back to World I think I’m going to try this with Great Sword again. It just feels right.

Tasty

« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2018, 04:00:35 PM »
Great Sword is the best.

I really wanted to get into Longsword when I got into the series but no dice. Great Sword just feels better.

Himu

« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2018, 04:49:58 PM »
Long sword for life
IYKYK

Tasty

« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2018, 12:07:45 AM »

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2018, 02:43:54 AM »
Great Sword always <3 I only long sword to annoy people when in groups (and then only with other veterans that know I'm doing it intentionally as a joke).

Purple Filth

• This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win—and it can—then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2018, 06:33:34 PM »

But that's a bad thing lol; it's kinda bullshit when I get to just heal/whetstone safely with no tension in another zone.

Honestly Zone's aren't a big deal and it makes sense given the handheld limitations, but MHW is definitely more fun with no zones.

Eh its you taking advantage when you have fucked up.

I actually like the tension the no zones bring in World though even if i will use the Ghillie Mantle   :P

And Hammer Bro 4 Life due to the dizzys and knockdowns  8)

Tasty

« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2018, 06:50:21 PM »
Ugh should I buy this

Maiden Voyage

• Junior
« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2018, 09:38:53 PM »
I did. It's my first MH game since one on the PSP that I got bored of an hour in. Enjoying it so far.

Himu

IYKYK

Tasty

« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2018, 11:15:37 PM »
Sex is less satisfying than bringing a GS down on a swooping Rath's head right as it closes for the kill... and disrupts its animation, sending it hard into the ground, wailing helplessly as you carve it up.

Himu

« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2018, 11:54:40 PM »
...:obama I might have to try GH.
IYKYK

Tasty

« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2018, 11:59:44 PM »

BAM, BITCH!

Tasty

« Reply #28 on: September 05, 2018, 12:00:40 AM »
Rathalos: I've made a huge mistake.

Himu

« Reply #29 on: September 05, 2018, 12:10:51 AM »
:obama

You’re selling me
IYKYK

Tasty

« Reply #30 on: September 05, 2018, 01:20:22 AM »
One you learn the animations (right?) it's really just a matter of not drinking a potion at the wrong time, much like most of MH, haha.

And for sure it's clumsy and slow and all the bad things newbies call it when they choose it as their first weapon since it looked cool on the boxart. It's certainly all of those things, but it's also so much more.

Himu

« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2018, 01:22:33 AM »
I’ll try it. Should I get this or world
IYKYK

Tasty

« Reply #32 on: September 05, 2018, 01:28:16 AM »
Don't ask me. 😬

Maiden Voyage

• Junior
« Reply #33 on: September 05, 2018, 06:53:01 AM »
From reading your previous posts, it sounds like you'd probably like Hunter Generations more.

Maiden Voyage

• Junior
« Reply #34 on: September 08, 2018, 08:16:10 PM »
Played multiplayer for 5 hours straight this afternoon with a friend. I'm in love with this game.

Maiden Voyage

• Junior
« Reply #35 on: September 13, 2018, 09:19:07 PM »
My buddy got me hooked on playing the game while I do cardio on the treadmill/elliptical. Detached joycons work great. I've been doing a few hunts each morning.

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2018, 03:58:41 PM »
My buddy got me hooked on playing the game while I do cardio on the treadmill/elliptical. Detached joycons work great. I've been doing a few hunts each morning.

I...have never thought of something like this. Not that I own a treadmill or elliptical but hmm. :ohhh

Then again, knowing my luck I would trip up, tear an ACL, and break the switch (not necessarily in that order). 

Maiden Voyage

• Junior
« Reply #37 on: September 14, 2018, 09:46:39 PM »
We actually both started back in the day while playing Animal Crossing on the 3DS. The detached joycons are great. Took me a few times before I started feeling comfortable but it works great now.

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #38 on: September 16, 2018, 02:28:16 AM »
I’ll try it. Should I get this or world

1000% World

Maiden Voyage

• Junior
« Reply #39 on: September 16, 2018, 02:07:20 PM »
Running 10km while playing Monster Hunter is a delight.
 :rejoice

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #40 on: September 17, 2018, 07:16:56 AM »
No homo but why not run outside breh

Running inside while playing vidya feels messed up

Maiden Voyage

• Junior
« Reply #41 on: September 17, 2018, 10:05:05 AM »
I'm not much of a runner so inside > outside for me for the time being. As I acclimate, I might start to go out more.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #42 on: September 25, 2018, 02:44:05 AM »
Sex is less satisfying than bringing a GS down on a swooping Rath's head right as it closes for the kill... and disrupts its animation, sending it hard into the ground, wailing helplessly as you carve it up.
Charging up a nut and busting it all over a charging Tigrex' head :rejoice

kingv

« Reply #43 on: September 25, 2018, 11:30:54 AM »
We actually both started back in the day while playing Animal Crossing on the 3DS. The detached joycons are great. Took me a few times before I started feeling comfortable but it works great now.

That’s kind of genius actually. I never thought of that’s

Reading from the bottom up I was like, how the fuck can you run while holding a Switch? But detached not cons make perfect sense.

Biggest thing keeping me from doing this is a sense of shame doing that in a room with a few dozen other people.

Maiden Voyage

• Junior
« Reply #44 on: September 25, 2018, 12:11:34 PM »
Meh. No one at the gym gives a fuck what anyone else is doing. If that's the time you allot to game, then you're multitasking like a pro.

Side note, though we do play at the gym, most of my cardio is done at home.

Bebpo

« Reply #45 on: September 29, 2018, 12:49:39 AM »
GORE MAGALA

holy shit, that fight was epic! First time fighting him, just starting rank 6 Village, still wearing armor from like rank 3 Tetsucabara because not a fan of grinding armor sets until I have to, I blow through all 10 of my megapotions in like the first 5-10 mins, then it's DO OR DIE TIME and I start getting the hang of dodging all his shit and weaving between with my hits in with my LS. Get a long good run in, even surviving when he's all DARK VOID version, and then I cart once, go back and have a really great run for the next 5 mins dodging everything and hitting him non-stop breaking parts with a win. I went into that fight half-assed figuring I'd just check him out and do it another time, but IT GOT SERIOUS. Really satisfying monster, has a great movelist. Glaveneus right before him was a bit tough too. These rank 6 fights are getting fun.

Around 25 hours in now, finally got the hang of the game about 10 hours ago and it's a ton of fun. Enjoying this more than World, although I haven't hit the grind yet. The grind seems like it could be a lot more tedious to grind out armors/weapon upgrades in this compared to World, but for now this is great. Almost at High Rank!

Bebpo

« Reply #46 on: September 29, 2018, 11:34:34 PM »
Zinogre was kinda annoying. He seems easy, but I’d get greedy and keep attacking and then he’s so agile I’d take big hits constantly. Sometimes he’d actually be aiming at my Palico and I run in the path and take a hit since he’s backflip smash thing has huge smash range. Failed my first quest against him and finally made some new gear with better thunder def (was -8, replaced with +5) and beat him but was still a bit close.

Next up Tigrex!

Maiden Voyage

• Junior
« Reply #47 on: September 30, 2018, 08:29:21 PM »
Got to HR 4 this weekend with my buddy. Still only at 3 solo. I need to put some more time in.

Himu

« Reply #48 on: October 02, 2018, 01:36:07 PM »
How are you liking it bebpo
IYKYK

Bebpo

« Reply #49 on: October 02, 2018, 02:54:10 PM »

It's great, beat Tigrex on the toilet this morning. Was super easy compared to last couple of 6star village quests. All Tigrex does is crawl around and jump a bit. Probably tougher on HR. Just a couple more until I hit HR village quests.

At some point I should probably play Multiplayer.

Maiden Voyage

• Junior
« Reply #50 on: October 02, 2018, 05:36:58 PM »
Multiplayer to me is the best part of the game. Might be because it gives my buddy and I a chance to hang out.

Bebpo

« Reply #51 on: October 03, 2018, 02:17:21 AM »
I’m kinda mixed on MP in MH.

It’s super fun, and fights are over quick so if you need to grind parts it’s a great fast way to get them.
But it feels way too easy with 3 other people in World & GU. Not only do monsters only have 2.5x HP and you’re doing 4x damage, but because the monsters often are targeting other people you just get to freely whack on them while not being attacked other than tail swipes or getting hit by the body when it moves.

I like SP for the intense epicly long & challenging satisfying fights, but MP is fun just for the chaos and randomness of playing with others. It doesn’t feel as satisfying to win in MP from my experience but I’ve only played through HR pre-endgame in world and LR in GU so maybe on the higher difficulty monsters it is.

I mostly haven’t played much MP in GU because I haven’t had to grind parts yet.

Tasty

« Reply #52 on: October 03, 2018, 11:32:02 AM »
The point of online MP isn't the challenge, it's the grind. The fights are easier so they can be attempted over and over with minimal frustration. And it's all worth it when you finally complete that sweet-ass set of armor.

Bebpo

« Reply #53 on: October 03, 2018, 04:01:08 PM »
But I don’t play grind games

/I know MH becomes a grind game

Purple Filth

« Reply #54 on: October 03, 2018, 05:57:08 PM »

It's great, beat Tigrex on the toilet this morning. Was super easy compared to last couple of 6star village quests. All Tigrex does is crawl around and jump a bit. Probably tougher on HR. Just a couple more until I hit HR village quests.

At some point I should probably play Multiplayer.

Now you need to fight 2 of them on high rank at the same time  :doge

Bebpo

« Reply #55 on: October 04, 2018, 05:13:17 PM »
Seregios was ok, dude likes to fly at you and pin you down  :maf

Brachydios was kinda annoying slime slime slime EXPLODE

Tasty

« Reply #56 on: October 04, 2018, 07:30:59 PM »
Brachy :rejoice

Bebpo

« Reply #57 on: October 06, 2018, 07:05:14 PM »
Got to high rank in solo, elder dragon was a bit annoying but beat on first attempt, and yeah I gotta grind out a HR gear set. Taking a ton of damage and not outputting enough at the start. Monkey dude took a long ass time.

Running MP now to get my HR up so I can grind high rank monsters in multi to gear out quick. Almost got HR1 done. Killing HR1 quests in like 3 mins each with a decent team right now.

Bebpo

« Reply #58 on: October 06, 2018, 08:17:22 PM »
Ok, MP seems like a breeze to blow through the campaign if you've got decent equip. Blew through HR1, making progress on HR2 but gotta run for birthday stuff. Seems like its easy to clear an HR key quests set in MP in an 1-2 hour session. Should be able to clear HR2/HR3 quick and get to high rank and grind some gear/weapon sets to get going in solo high rank.

Maiden Voyage

• Junior
« Reply #59 on: October 07, 2018, 03:00:18 PM »
I finally wrapped up all the low, 2-star quests. Got to play some MP, but not much. The nice thing about MH, is that I only really play for maybe 2-5 hours a week. I should be preoccupied with it before needing to buy any other games on the Switch.