Author Topic: Modern Games Are Trash - Retro Thread for old gamers  (Read 3149 times)

porkbun

Re: Modern Games Are Trash - Retro Thread for old gamers
« Reply #180 on: January 12, 2019, 11:53:20 AM »

Cindi Mayweather

• Like the smallest pebble that sinks to the depths of the water, I make waves
« Reply #181 on: January 12, 2019, 12:15:46 PM »
Hell yeah
幻想水滸伝

Cindi Mayweather

• Like the smallest pebble that sinks to the depths of the water, I make waves
« Reply #182 on: January 12, 2019, 02:32:56 PM »
So I have an actual arcade now with  actual cabs with top competition. I feel so damn blessed. Also getting Capcom Beat Em Up collection on Steam. :)
幻想水滸伝

benjipwns

• I suggest you educate yourself on this matter.
« Reply #183 on: January 13, 2019, 12:07:26 AM »
Channel of just trying out random games on emulators, often at petty high settings, as revisions come along: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC993yJ3ET5aFc6cRyukofjQ/videos

Retro...ish since he's been focusing on 360/PS3/Switch emulators lately, but there are some Xbox and earlier stuff he still posts from time to time, especially Xbox as the emulators have started coming a long way since the "assistance" rumors last year right before MS started releasing the new emulators for the One.

This Gun Valkyrie one caught my eye because of how smooth it is while rarely seriously taxing the CPU/GPU, almost looks like the dude is just playing a PC game from 2002 at 1080p:
salad

naff

• god is dead. satan lives. the year is 1.
« Reply #184 on: January 16, 2019, 07:15:14 PM »
huh, cool, looks very similar to an early Microsoft Studios tps Outwars that i loved
(_,_)

Svejk

« Reply #185 on: January 16, 2019, 07:25:48 PM »
Gun Valkyrie was my jam! :lawd   But I could only play it with the Duke controller.  :doge

Speaking of Gun Valkyrie and jam, this track is still and will forever be dope...

« Last Edit: January 16, 2019, 07:31:42 PM by Svejk »

porkbun

« Reply #186 on: Today at 05:42:30 PM »
Latest bootleg console acquired is the Coolbaby. Comes with 600 GBA, NES, SNES and Genesis games and there's a SD card slot to add more. Threw on about 4500 arcade games.

porkbun

« Reply #187 on: Today at 06:26:19 PM »
Getting my 1 1/2 year old into the classics. He can clear out about half of the maze but gets distracted hitting the start button because it sounds like a fart.