Author Topic: A liberal trucker attacked me on the highway, now I'm conservative!  (Read 5992 times)

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
go fuck yourselves, that's why.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2018, 03:53:03 PM by Great Rumbler »

Mandark

• Icon
Re: Today I officially became a Conservative
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2018, 03:48:43 AM »
'k

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2018, 03:49:43 AM »
que

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2018, 03:51:49 AM »

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2018, 03:54:32 AM »
there. I edited it for a short version

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2018, 03:57:36 AM »
I think you mean Social Liberal, buddy. :ufup

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2018, 03:58:26 AM »
Anyone here ever have a pun just pop into your head apropos of nothing?

benjipwns

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2018, 03:59:03 AM »
Are puns born another way? I am a pro-life radical on puns.

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2018, 04:00:39 AM »
Waario Naharis

benjipwns

« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2018, 04:01:45 AM »
I have decided to become pro-choice on puns.

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2018, 04:02:39 AM »
The day the music died
:9

benjipwns

« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2018, 04:06:27 AM »
The day the music died
https://www.theguardian.com/music/2018/oct/10/roger-waters-jair-bolsonaro-brazil-concert
Pink Floyd founder Roger Waters waded neck-deep into the acrimony of Brazil’s presidential election on Tuesday night, condemning the far-right frontrunner, Jair Bolsonaro, as a neo-fascist in the mold of Donald Trump, Nigel Farage and Hungary’s Viktor Orbán.

During a concert at São Paulo’s Allianz Park stadium, Waters drew cheers of support and a barrage of expletives for repeatedly denouncing Bolsonaro

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2018, 04:06:39 AM »
edited: everyone can go fuck themselves for what they did to filler

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2018, 04:08:25 AM »
Grand Admiral Thrawn Jeremy

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2018, 04:08:35 AM »
The day the music died
https://www.theguardian.com/music/2018/oct/10/roger-waters-jair-bolsonaro-brazil-concert
Pink Floyd founder Roger Waters waded neck-deep into the acrimony of Brazil’s presidential election on Tuesday night, condemning the far-right frontrunner, Jair Bolsonaro, as a neo-fascist in the mold of Donald Trump, Nigel Farage and Hungary’s Viktor Orbán.

During a concert at São Paulo’s Allianz Park stadium, Waters drew cheers of support and a barrage of expletives for repeatedly denouncing Bolsonaro

Did read lol
:9

benjipwns

« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2018, 04:10:03 AM »
saw this one, something about how libs tried to kill him, so he's going to vote for the guy he's been promoting for weeks in the IP thread

benjipwns

« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2018, 04:25:46 AM »
Assi, people probably want to hear more about you getting attacked, for whatever reason it was, than some rehashed vanifesto. That's all, breh.

Nabbis

• oops
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2018, 04:59:33 AM »
Are you like a snobby rich conservative or the poor redneck one? If it's the first type then i approve. :snob

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2018, 07:19:57 AM »
 :cop HOLD UP SPORT

First let us see those CONSERVATIVE VALUES AND CREDENTIALS. Pass the test or die in Commie Hell  :punch
We have enough fake deep state conservatives infiltrating our movement.

Fill in the blanks:
Q1) You can't have ____ before marriage unless you are ____
Q2) :fbm, this is ____
Q3)  :trumps was send by ____
Q4) Cocaine Mitch takes no _____
Q5) The biggest error in history was the dissolution of the ____ empire
Q6) What according to Pinochet was the main purpose of an helicopter? _____
Q7) Name 5 reasons why Operation Iraqi Freedom was and still is a fantastic idea
Q8) The liberals like to blame the conservatives for the 2008 crisis because George W. Bush was president. However this is not true. Who is to blame? ____
Q9) If a Russian offers you Hillary's e-mails you ____
Q10) ____ is the most important political prisoner of this decade
Q11) ____ defeated communism forever
Next check your answers:

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Answers for those playing:
Q1) sex, drunk af
Q2) Pepe the Frog
Q3) Jesus
Q4) Prisoners
Q5) Austrian
Q6) To throw out commies
Q7) More McDonalds branches in Iraq, Freedom and liberty for its people, destroying those god awful palaces, spreading democracy, soaring stock markets, balancing the supply and demand of Tomahawk Cruise Missiles, triggering the libs
Q8) Bill Clinton
Q9) leak them to the press
Q10) Paul Manafort
Q11) Ronald Reagan

Every question = 1 point
11 point = You've cheated. No one is this conservative except Jesus!
10 points = You are the reincarnation of Ronald Reagan
6-9 points = You may host your own show on Fox News
5 points  = You may enter our tent but don't be too loud
2-4 points = All are welcome but you have to wear a red hat so we can identify you when the purges begin
1 points = If you vote for us you are welcome to join anyway. We do recommend a daily prayer, some light reading starting with Atlas Shrugged and a suit that doesn't fit.
If you are a female just wrap yourself around in the American flag, hold a gun in a sexy way on Instagram or Twitter and scream at your liberal friends a lot bae
[close]
🤴

agrajag

« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2018, 07:39:55 AM »

Mandark wants to abort all the puns.

naff

• someday you feed on a tree frog
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2018, 07:57:18 AM »
◕‿◕

naff

« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2018, 08:22:50 AM »

◕‿◕

naff

« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2018, 08:26:27 AM »
◕‿◕

agrajag

« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2018, 08:27:58 AM »
became?

:what

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2018, 09:03:11 AM »

smh, a libertarian in favor of pun control

benjipwns

« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2018, 09:08:45 AM »
First reactions are everything:
“At Least 11 Die During Anti-Semitic Murder Spree at Synagogue’s Baby Naming Ceremony; Responders Shot and in Critical Condition”
—-

“Guys I gotta come out, I’m officially became a Conservative today.”

Don’t even have the fucking decency to wait 12 hours for these assholes to make it about themselves. Can’t wait to turn on the news this morning and hear some asshole take up more air time whining about the DEMOCRAT PARTY potentially taking their guns than the antisemetic terroism we had yesterday.
To be fair, Assi's talking about voting in the Brazilian presidential election for the candidate he's been promoting for weeks in the International thread because some "liberals" "attacked" him last night. It's possible he hadn't even heard about a shooting in the United States when he made this thread. Let alone formed a headline based hot take on it he'll dig in to defend no matter what yet.

benjipwns

« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2018, 09:27:55 AM »
I guess I assumed she might have to start suppressing that to fit in with her new friends.

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2018, 09:43:11 AM »
lolol someone beat up assi? coulda run away if you didn't have them chickenlegs ya skinny old pussy :lol

agrajag

« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2018, 09:45:23 AM »
If someone took a screencap of the original post, share it  :doge

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2018, 11:25:57 AM »
Sorry you got jumped, Assi, that’s pretty scary. Wish I knew the story.

Tasty

« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2018, 11:31:05 AM »

agrajag

« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2018, 11:53:10 AM »
Was he jumped by a bunch of liberal distinguished transsexual fellettes? What's the story Assy?

Himu

« Reply #32 on: October 28, 2018, 12:08:43 PM »
“The military uses AR-15s and that shit is a high-performance, highly customizable beast... calling it military grade is an arbitrary distinction though, they even use common US sidearms! Please argue with me, I need attention!”

Don’t even have the fucking decency to wait 12 hours for these assholes to make it about themselves. Can’t wait to turn on the news this morning and hear some asshole take up more air time whining about the DEMOCRAT PARTY potentially taking their guns than the antisemetic terroism we had yesterday.

:lol

My first reaction was horror.

Also, it’s funny. These were also first reactions.

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5bd4df78e4b0d38b5884288a

The entire issue is politicized. To pretend that anti-gunners didn’t talk about gun control immediately after is disengenous.

Also it’s interesting how you talk of anti semitism. Here’s a Jewish person right here.

I used to say I was just culturally Jewish or "Jew-ish" but I spent the summer in Israel with a bunch of fellow jews - some religious, some not. Someone at one point said that its important to remember that the Nazis killed all jews, regardless of what they considered themselves. I, a very nonreligious Jew, would be standing on the same firing line as a devout orthodox Jew.
Living in the US has really shielded me from the antisemitic realities of the past and of other countries. It is events like these that remind me how Jews have been treated or looked upon for the majority of our past
Its also events like this that remind me why its vital to conceal carry. You never know when things like this will happen. Many of the people around me always say "just leave it for the police" but even the best police officers in the world cannot be around you 24/7. Even the strictest gun control laws in the world will not be able to stop a lone, crazed gunman shooting at your friends, family, and neighbors.

I carry at Temple. Most of the men and some of the women carry at my temple. This is why. While I would prefer to have our country in a completely different place, white liberals are getting the tiniest taste of what it's like to be a Jew (and probably other minority groups but I can't speak for them) in America.
There are some evil fucks put there who want to kill us just because of who we are. We live with that every day, even when Obama was president. This is what really boils my blood when priviledged white liberals come gun grabbing. They would make us defenseless against these evil fucks.
Never again means never fucking again.

So are they not allowed to talk about it? I’ve talked to numerous Jews about self defense in the past 24 hours. Do they not count? Apparently not.

What is being argued is survival which is very relevant to defeating anti semitism. Hey, maybe you disagree. But your screed makes you look ridiculous and narrow minded.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #33 on: October 28, 2018, 12:11:12 PM »
Got some cac telling me how to feel on a week when three terrorist attacks happen and my rights are stripped away.

Kiss my ass.

Strap up.
IYKYK

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #34 on: October 28, 2018, 12:12:58 PM »
So are they not allowed to talk about it?

They can register here and post if they want.

In the mean time, I'd ask you (as I've asked you before) to please not act as a speaker on behalf of Jewish people.

Himu

« Reply #35 on: October 28, 2018, 12:22:08 PM »
I like how I’m being told how to feel when a dude was going to shoot up a black church but decided to kill random black people in a Kroger instead. Oh but I’m just doing it for attention.

Kiss my ass 21337. You aren’t the only one upset. You also aren’t the only one who is allowed to work shit out in your own way.
IYKYK

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #36 on: October 28, 2018, 12:25:51 PM »
Cindi, if someone's aunt had died of COPD and the first thing you said is "that's why I don't smoke!" how would you expect people to respond?

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #37 on: October 28, 2018, 12:28:25 PM »
Maybe similarly to her whilst people are reacting with “that’s why guns need to go” to this I’d imagine..

That’s kinda word salad, but my point is; closer to the opposite is happening than what you are suggesting with that metaphor, Mandark 🤷‍♀️

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #38 on: October 28, 2018, 12:32:21 PM »
Nah. Check the shooting thread.

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #39 on: October 28, 2018, 12:37:52 PM »
Do I have to? Idk, I guess I just empathize with Cindy’s fear and strong desire to protect her gun rights in a climate where these type of killings continue to happen and she would statistically be more likely to be targeted. So the metaphor, to me, was unfair. Cigarettes couldnt have protected anyone’s aunt from COPD.

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #40 on: October 28, 2018, 12:43:02 PM »
"Glad I have insurance!" would be just as gauche. My point is she jumped straight to talking about her own gun collection as the first response to the news and by her third response was just posting a laughing emoji.

Which isn't even to say she's not empathetic towards the victims, but if she is then she ought to at least understand what a terrible job those posts did of expressing that empathy.

edit: Also the fact that Cindi was very recently talking about how "identity politics" are a scourge and is now running to them to get a rhetorical advantage could really give the impression of someone being real cynical about their principles, but in fairness to her I think she's just genuinely upset and didn't spot the contradiction.

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #41 on: October 28, 2018, 12:47:41 PM »
I mean, okay I went back and I do remember it now, sure. I can see how rolling right into glad I’m strapped is gauche, but more than anything I find it understandable. And, well I missed the edit but to me Seagrams did nothing but smugly goad the entire exchange

Himu

« Reply #42 on: October 28, 2018, 12:47:47 PM »
I’ll admit I did a bad job.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #43 on: October 28, 2018, 12:49:49 PM »
I mean, okay I went back and I do remember it now, sure. I can see how rolling right into glad I’m strapped is gauche, but more than anything I find it understandable. And, well I missed the edit but to me Seagrams did nothing but smugly goad the entire exchange

That’s all they ever do. This behavior is precisely what pushed me to conservatism. I take self defense very seriously. It is ONLY, ONLY ever met with ridicule by smug white bread cacs and naive blacks on the internet. Conservatives might not respect me as a person but at least they don’t advocate or ridicule my need for protection.
IYKYK

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #44 on: October 28, 2018, 12:50:33 PM »

I'll be honest. If it had been anyone besides Cindi posting that horseshit I would have responded at least as harshly as seagrams did.

Himu

« Reply #45 on: October 28, 2018, 12:53:59 PM »
Also I am accused of not caring about victims when I am ridiculed for strong self defense beliefs which are the result of ACTUAL HATE CRIMES. Oh but I’m so uncaring? But you chastise a minority for being pro gun rights after hate crimes? I’m just doing it for attention? That’s what sets me off. If 21337 said that to me irl I’d slap him in the face.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #46 on: October 28, 2018, 12:55:29 PM »
Assi is going to vote for a fucking military regime. How can he vote anyways? I thought he was american.
IYKYK

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #47 on: October 28, 2018, 12:55:56 PM »
You took away filler, he’s adrift in this land. Have some compassion

But yeah, is he a full on duallie or what?

Himu

« Reply #48 on: October 28, 2018, 12:59:39 PM »
Week is going to vote for a fucking military regime. How can he vote anyways? I thought he was american.

He probably can't. He's also probably in America and making shit up based on some rando anecdote he saw on Facebook. Regardless, this isn't a thread where you need to defend your thoughts and feelings on gun control and US politics. This is a shit on Assy for being a pussy thread.

That’s fine. My ire is mostly at 21337.
IYKYK

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #49 on: October 28, 2018, 01:01:42 PM »
Sometimes assholes shit on pussies, so you need the dicks to fuck the assholes

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #50 on: October 28, 2018, 01:19:59 PM »
"Glad I have insurance!" would be just as gauche. My point is she jumped straight to talking about her own gun collection as the first response to the news and by her third response was just posting a laughing emoji.

Which isn't even to say she's not empathetic towards the victims, but if she is then she ought to at least understand what a terrible job those posts did of expressing that empathy.

I would say that taking your personal experiences and universalizing them to cover those of all minorities demonstrates some failure in empathy. If all problems had the same solutions there would be far fewer problems.

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #51 on: October 28, 2018, 01:32:02 PM »
Since you all love me so much I decided I shall post the original text.

I hoped to have good news for the Bore this week as I promised last week but that is now put on hold for at least another week.

BUT, today or tonight I should say (technically this morning here but whatever) I can honestly say I became a conservative. All my life I was a liberal, all my adult life I voted for democrats with liberal agendas but I have been changing over the last few years as I have been going back and forth to other countries.

Today was the tipping point-

As I made a road trip I was advised not to do, and then tried not to do but was coerced into doing I almost fucking died.

Let me explain -

Between Sao Paulo to Rio it's about a 5.5 hour trip if you take the main highway. In Sao Paulo, a mainly conservative or at least business oriented leaning state everything is somewhat organized, people have respect, the law somewhat works relative to the rest of the country.

This is no more apparent than on the highway. As you drive on the main highway between the two states you start to notice the change.  As you leave Sao Paul to enter Rio things go from smooth asphalt, lines clearly defined, wide roads,  speed traps, and police station every few miles, to pot holes, short condensed lines with poor lighting , etc.

As we are in an hour or so into Rio we enter a very dangerous part of the highway called "Dutra"  I was warned that the driver needed to know this area very well because it is literally fucking insane. You have these rigs flying on these terrible narrow highway roads without any consideration. But since my driver was born and raised here all his life I figured ok we're golden...

what happens? A fucking rig turns into our line without seeing us and smears us into the median. I'm sitting in the passenger side and I hear the goddamn scrapping and the windows shattering right next to me. It was horrific. I don't know how no one died or how we didn't all die. It was nuts. And you think he stopped??? Nope. He kept going.

There is no law in liberal states. People are fearless of consequences. They think everything is wonderful like a college campus. Coincidently, around the same time this happens a goddamn college professor from around here sends out this mass text about voting for fucking "Haddad" which is the left wing puppet of one of the former presidents that is in jail.

I'm not saying liberalism is bad, but I believe the left is here to occasionally break and rebuild the system for the better, but the ones that need to run this country, or any country should probably be the conservatives.

Today I vote conservative for the first time in my life.

Now I'll answer some of your dumb questions :

Assi is going to vote for a fucking military regime. How can he vote anyways? I thought he was american.
I am a dual citizen. I will vote in the mid-term election since I am returning to the states (part of my good news to the bore)

To be fair, Assi's talking about voting in the Brazilian presidential election for the candidate he's been promoting for weeks in the International thread because some "liberals" "attacked" him last night. It's possible he hadn't even heard about a shooting in the United States when he made this thread. Let alone formed a headline based hot take on it he'll dig in to defend no matter what yet.
Correct, I had no idea about a shooting until I got home last night. I saw some headline but I haven't read anything yet.

lolol someone beat up assi? coulda run away if you didn't have them chickenlegs ya skinny old pussy :lol
I did not get beat up Mr Breaks. I would have run away if that were to happen because people don't just "beat you up" here, they kill you.

Was he jumped by a bunch of liberal distinguished transsexual fellettes? What's the story Assy?
That would have been fun, actually. Good story to tell but unfortunately not the case.

The day the music died

On his most recent tour he had visuals mocking Trump as the background for Pigs (Three Different Ones). It was amazing.

His pig balloon also said "Obama" when I saw him at Coachella 08.
He's a fucking moron. People like him make me want to vote conservative even in the states. The guy has no goddamn clue about this country, how dangerous it is, how innocent people get assaulted and murdered every day.

He thinks everyone has a culture like England or the U.S. The world IS different this fucking imbecile.

saw this one, something about how libs tried to kill him, so he's going to vote for the guy he's been promoting for weeks in the IP thread
Yeah, because they continue to want to vote for lawlessness. They want to pretend everything is a cozy college campus and a cute bar in an expensive part of town.

Why is it that when people get older they tend to lean more conservative? Because you're young, idealistic, hopeful, but then you get older and realize some people can not be saved, some people need to be dealt with swiftly. Try and fix the country and rid itself of the bad seeds so younger generations don't have to also pass through this bullshit.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2018, 01:42:56 PM by Assimilate »

Mandark

• Icon
I'm going back to the puns
« Reply #52 on: October 28, 2018, 01:37:19 PM »
Albus Cumbledore

Himu

« Reply #53 on: October 28, 2018, 01:39:19 PM »
There is no law in liberal states. People are fearless of consequences. They think everything is wonderful like a college campus. Coincidently, around the same time this happens a goddamn college professor from around here sends out this mass text about voting for fucking "Haddad" which is the left wing puppet of one of the former presidents that is in jail.

:mindblown

WHAT

Why are you basing this off of Brazil and not America or Canada?
IYKYK

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #54 on: October 28, 2018, 01:45:44 PM »

:mindblown

WHAT

Why are you basing this off of Brazil and not America or Canada?
That is a bit more complex. The U.S and Canada are not the same as here. And there can be an argument made that those 'liberal' states were not always liberal, and the foundation for those places my not be as liberal as you think.

They are liberal now because of a multitude of reasons and who is to say those places will be the same in the next few decades?? What will San Fran look like in another 20 years with it's rampant homeless people problem?

It's like saying if China went all liberal  "oh look China is liberal now, they're rich, peaceful, see liberalism works" while ignoring a bunch of other factors.

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #55 on: October 28, 2018, 01:46:36 PM »
That is a bit more complex. The U.S and Canada are not the same as here. And there can be an argument made that those 'liberal' states were not always liberal, and the foundation for those places my not be as liberal as you think.

They are liberal now because of a multitude of reasons and who is to say those places will be the same in the next few decades?? What will San Fran look like in another 20 years with it's rampant homeless people problem?

In conclusion, America is a land of contrasts...

Himu

« Reply #56 on: October 28, 2018, 01:47:38 PM »
I mean, the idea that people deserve representation, innocent until proven guilty, the idea of inherent rights..these are liberal ideas. Almost every single good movement for progress is liberal. Conservatives routinely fight for the status quo even when they’re in the wrong, historically, time and again.

I legitimately, seriously suggest you continue to think about this issue more.

These are conclusions I came to that helped me even approach liberalism again.

I suggest getting a pen and paper writing out what you believe.

Do you believe in democracy and the power of the people having a voice?
Equal rights under law?
Liberty?

Write them down. Read, think, read some more what your values are.
IYKYK

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #57 on: October 28, 2018, 01:47:49 PM »
I think Cindi is a little confused by my post....

me turning more conservative does not mean I will vote Republican in the U.S.

It's time to break away from the idea that being a conservative or a liberal means you vote for these shitty parties just cuz.

agrajag

« Reply #58 on: October 28, 2018, 01:48:32 PM »
Oh.

Sorry you were in a car accident, I guess.

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #59 on: October 28, 2018, 01:49:06 PM »
Read, think, read some more what your values are.

We had a whole thread about trying to get him to read a book.

It didn't take.