Author Topic: Pogi-BB, Himu, and HoMoMo: Get through back issues of One Piece for $2/month.  (Read 8684 times)

Himu

Shanks and Buggy are “blood brothers” as in, they were in the same crew for the pirate king.
IYKYK

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
Oh, ok. That explains it.

Chapters 560-579:

Not a lot of images, but I'll dump them anyway.

:fbm :fbm :fbm :fbm :fbm :fbm :fbm I liked Ace. I'm sad we didn't get much of him in the series. Though his death is as impactful as Andrea's in the Walking Dead, IMO.

:fbm :fbm :fbm :fbm :fbm :fbm :fbm Broke Luffy. :fbm :fbm :fbm :fbm :fbm :fbm :fbm

Oh shit. Blackbeard getting ready for that Vampire: The Masquerade: Bloodlines 2 trip of Diablerie.

:uguu Shanks protecting Koby (who got knocked the fuck out by Luffy earlier) for saying "STOP THIS MADNESS THE WAR IS OVER!" :uguu
----

So, the war arc was really good. But I'm sad Ace was a sacrificial lamb for it. I'm also seeing the manga starting to use "Kami" a lot, which is making me :confused because the wiki makes it sound like Star Wars which is  :-\

thisismyusername

Chapters 580-599 (CHAPTER 600! 300 to go!):

Sabo dies. :fbm
Wiki spoilers
Title Page of one of the later chapters in this block shows all three as adults. Googling the wiki to see if that was true, there's an adult Sabo in the anime, so I assume he's still alive instead of being blown to hell in the sea. Also the Eagle dude of Alabasta is alive.
[close]

:rofl

"The first part was really rude." :lol

"Kami" is finally explained!:

TIME SKIP HAPPENS BEFORE CHAPTER 600, CHAPTER 598 OR SO:

Oh thank god, Oda is avoiding a Chi-chi (even if the Snake Princess is hilarious enough to where if her and Luffy DID get together it wouldn't be annoying).

I'm laughing. But at the same time I have to :snoop at Oda and this gay-joke-expense.

Chopper even in fan-drawings is my spirit animal of One Piece. :uguu

thisismyusername

Chapter 620-639:

Sanji nearly dying to nosebleeds in earlier chapters. :lol

----

This arc seems pretty slow. We're at the Mermaid/Fishman island, and... one of the older Fishmen with a SEETHING hatrid of humans is trying to take over the nation now. Jimbai is like "Luffy, please don't go. If you do the fishmen will hate humans forever-more" but Luffy is like "nah, bro, they have my crew. I'm going" so they attempt to fight.

Anyway, Sanji is the voice of reason. Maybe in the next chapters Jimbai and Luffy will team up. :yeshrug That's for another day.

Himu

Fishman island...is an odd beast. relish that it's short. It's mostly set up for later. a lot of New World has been slower than what was before but is also better on re-read. On the current arc it is now back to pre- time skip quality. Fishman Island is one of my least favorite arcs in the series fwiw. Consider it a treat for seeing the SH's get bopped and tossed around constantly from Sabaody and on. It's a very political, plot focused arc that gets better with age. I think it also sufficiently humanizes Arlong and makes his motivations more realistic even if he's still cruel.

In the last few arcs the story OP is doing is incredible.

And FWIW, despite what bad lgbt jokes made by One Piece I still wish Ivankov was real so she could me cis. I find her an empowering character as a trans person.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2019, 11:11:51 PM by Cindi Mayweather »
IYKYK

Himu

I'm also a big fan of Inazuma.

I get the criticism towards Oda and how he treats LGBT but this fucking character is one of my favorite LGBT representations in anime/manga.

The Ziggy Stardust bolt...the gender changing...

Such a cool character.

MAKE ME CIS IVANKOV-SAMA

IYKYK

thisismyusername

Chapters 630-639:

:uguu

One thing I've noticed since Volume 63 or so, Viz has changed the digital versions to have a "space" for the two-piece spreads. It's really annoying to see a white-space for something that digitally was together. I get why (the scanning for the book makes it easier I guess) but it's really annoying to see the white space on Desktop, I've switched from phone-reading on the app to desktop for this purpose (to have the two-page spreads look better) and Oda seems to be doing a ton of them now. :|

I want a Chopper plush, so badly. :uguu

Jumbo Dumpling. :lol

I'm also a big fan of Inazuma.

I get the criticism towards Oda and how he treats LGBT but this fucking character is one of my favorite LGBT representations in anime/manga.

The Ziggy Stardust bolt...the gender changing...

(Image removed from quote.)

(Image removed from quote.)

Such a cool character.

MAKE ME CIS IVANKOV-SAMA

I forget, is he the one that lives in Ivankov's hair and has the power to cut anything? He was pretty cool, but seemed not very used in the jail-break arc. Maybe the Anime gives him more time.

I really like Ivankov because despite the "ugh" gay jokes, Ivankov kinda subverts the tropes (so to speak) and it's clear Oda puts a lot of "care" into that character (IIRC he likes the Rocky Horror Picture show and based the character on that, the voice-actor as well is one that he specifically targeted because he liked their drag performance? It's in one of the SBS's for that arc....)

thisismyusername

I also made this thread mostly for Pogi to post outside the trash thread and he isn't posting in it. :fbm

Himu

Yeah, Ivankov's partner.

Also Ivankov's group has the rabbit dude. The rabbit dude rocks. He's just an extra but his design is hilarious to me.

IYKYK

thisismyusername

Chapters 640-649:

"Oh, Nami! My I see your pantalo--*stab*" :lol

"A haiku..."  :lol

Oda is a good sport for answering these perverted questions and Shonen Jump/Viz actually allowing them.

Chopper... :uguu

So ends the Fishman saga. The racism that ran deep is starting to change thanks to Luffy.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2019, 12:24:54 AM by thisismyusername »

Himu

The best thing about is how my girl, Nami, my favorite character, doesn't hate any Fishmen due to what Arlong did. She really showed some amazing compassion.
IYKYK

PogiJones

I also made this thread mostly for Pogi to post outside the trash thread and he isn't posting in it. :fbm

Oh dang, I didn't realize you were chronicling your read-through. I never really look at any other threads. Only saw you were still posting here because I searched my name  :ego

Looks like you're enjoying it?

The best thing about is how my girl, Nami, my favorite character, doesn't hate any Fishmen due to what Arlong did. She really showed some amazing compassion.
I actually disliked that, because it didn't seem very plausible to me. If 100% of the fishmen you've met have actively murdered the ones you love and enslaved you and your town, I don't think it's possible to get out of that situation without prejudice. And then forgiving Hatsu so easily just added to the implausibility, especially if you go back and read the arc and see that Hatsu cared as little about the humans as his pals, laughing at the murder and suffering. His character was a pretty blatant retcon.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2019, 01:48:31 PM by PogiJones »

Himu

I never really look at any other threads.

Only saw you were still posting here because I searched my name  :ego

Proof all you need that threads regulars are weirdos.
IYKYK

PogiJones

When you only visit the website every few days, it's by far the easiest way to see if someone responded to you, instead of trying to read everything that's been posted since then.

Himu

this is why we need a forum upgrad with notifications on who quoted who and tag people
IYKYK

thisismyusername

Chapter 650-689:

:salute

At least Oda is honest. :lol

I love these names. :lol

Nami being told to be more modest by nearly ERRYBODY (besides Sanji, of course. :putin )

"Stay near the Pretty Lady and Raccoon." :lol I love how even Luffy's crew basically say Chopper is a Raccoon.

:rofl "Star of the Show."

Law replacing the two in each others bodies. "Please button my shirt, Smoker..."

...And does the same to most of the Straw Hats. Hence the hats. :uguu

Punk Hazard explained.

"The only thing broken is my will to see her panties." :rofl

"Franky, I don't want you to speak again. EVER." :rofl

:supergay Chopper. :supergay :uguu

Law wants Luffy's help in taking down a Pirate Overlord in the New World. "It's like being friends, right?" :lol

"The dream is dead." :lol

"It hurts! It burns! It freezes!"

The thumbs up for saving Tashigi from dying to the toxic "Land of the Dead" butts. :lol :rofl :itagaki

"I'm proud of you, pal!"

"BONES HAVE NUTRIENTS TOO, YOU KNOW!" :rofl

Poor Nami. :rofl "Even the Courtesan knows Ninjustu!"

Luffy doing knock-out punches always gets me :gladbron

Hopefully once I'm done doing Rocket League stuff and dicking about with my PS3, I'll finish the last chapter in the 600's and then move to the 700's and be faster. Especially now that I've finished up DBZ and only have Super (which is waiting for me to catch up on One Piece) before starting that.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2019, 11:48:14 AM by thisismyusername »

Himu

Nami as Franky was the best.
IYKYK

thisismyusername

Nami as Franky was the best.

She didn't do much in the manga. Maybe in the anime they utilize her more as that. But I was dying at Chopper's expressions under Franky.

---

Chapter 690-699 (#Chapter700! WHOO!!!!!!)

"Ok, I'll tell them! IT'S PARTY TIME!"
Law: :|

:lol

I hope by the end of the series Smoker gives up his chase and accepts Luffy is "one of the good ones."

Aokiji coming at the last second to save smoker.

Aokiji in general: :gladbron Leon: The Professional glasses. :lawd

:neogaf :rofl "He's a most wicked little Goblin!"

thisismyusername

Oh, man. I forgot to do like 700-730. Oh well.

730-749 (750! Nearly there!)

::) Meanwhile, later on:

Ohhhhh shit.

That fucking smile on Usopp. :lol :lol :rofl

Zolo suddenly remembering to do something is my favorite gag. :lol

"I hope you get stabbed in a fit of passion."  :lol :lol

Them all cheering for Sanji "saving" them. :rofl

:uguu

:lol

Probably my favorite piece of art for the series so far.

Pretty interesting that Sanji says "Zolo" but Zolo never says "Sanji."

I wonder what has Luffy/"Lucy" like this... :thinking

Oda has a baby-fetish. :disgust

"I can't die over a little white lie, damn it." :lol

So Usopp is force-fed the Tabasco Sauce grape and supposedly shocks the big-bad toy-making girl with this face. :rofl

"I planned it." :neogaf

The wiki already spoiled me, but I'm still :gladbron ing over this.

Usopps face. :lol

:rofl

These last few were uploaded out of order and I forget the exact parts they were from, but they're still in this chapter.

"You're the last person to talk!" :lol

Commence the Endgame (Kara signal)

:neogaf

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
senor pink 🥰😭😤
duc

Himu

SENOR PINK

Dressrorsa is great in bulk. It was mind numbing slow while it was going on though. First OP arc with real pacing issues but its all gravy from here.

After Dressrosa, you have the best arcs in One Piece since pre-time skip. Currently the manga is on par with the Old World arcs in quality and all the pieces from New World are coming together like a puzzle. It's beautiful.
IYKYK

thisismyusername

Chapter 750-769:

I don't want to know what the "bombs" consist of. :doge

"NO, DO IT!" :lol

Tah-dah-dah-dah-dahhhhh, USOPP LEVEL UP!

:lawd :neogaf :neogaf :neogaf :neogaf

:gladbron

Ohhhh shit.

FLASHBACK TIME:

:fbm

"Baby 5's better." "Yeah, I agree." :lol

thisismyusername

Small update since I'm only doing 10 chapters today.

770-779:

At least Oda tries to hide his baby fetish in some way. :doge

"And Garp's son has him as a henchmen!?" (talking about Zolo) :lol

Rooster should tag along with the Straw Hats, TBH. :kermit

thisismyusername

780-789:

Small update. Not really any pictures.

*commence Luffy/Lucy beating the shit out of Doflamingo all about town until Gear Fours time is up*

Princess Mansherry heals the town, who throw themselves at the "birdcage" to attempt to hold it back for Luffy, after Gear Four ends.

But before that:

Anyway, we're in the end game with this next ten chapters I think. Doflamingo is going to get knocked the fuck out with "one punch" by Luffy now that he's recovered from Gear Fours refractory period.

thisismyusername

(Let's ignore the fact that I didn't screenshot 790-809):

Chapters 810-819:

:neogaf Oh, Oda.

Commence the End Game of One Piece time (almost! We've got side-stories to wrap up first! -Oda):

Law. :uguu

Himu

told you one piece was heading to end game

and it's glorious
IYKYK

thisismyusername

Chapter 820-829:

If Sanji doesn't marry this poor fool of a girl at the ending, I'm going to be pissed. Don't pull a J.K., Oda.

Luffy, always going headfirst into danger. :snoop </Usopp>

Himu

Whole Cake :rejoice

Pudding-chan :rejoice

One of my all time favorite arcs :jeb
IYKYK

thisismyusername

So my vacation started yesterday and today I decided to sit-down and crank out some One Piece so I'm caught up to current manga schedule.

Chapters 830-899 (Chapter 900 now makes it 952 with the current manga on Shonen Jump and the weekly schedule. So in the next few days I might actually be caught up... maybe...):

Cho-bro. :uguu

:neogaf Oda making fun of his infamous drawn face. :neogaf

"Kawaii." :lol

"Don't ask. Luffy expends three times more than a normal person." :lol

Zolo/Zoro kinda looks like Smoker here. :uguu

:rofl All of them making an attempt only for Nami to get her assed pulled out of the fire by Jimbei to save Brooks. :rofl

"May I have a glimpse of those pant--" *smack* "EEZE!" :lol

I love when Artists do that "I'll never forgive you" style of panel of 4th wall breaking.

:rofl :rofl :dead :dead :dead

"She wasn't asking you."  :lol

Pudding is Tsundere, and if Sanji and her don't get together in the end (even though she wanted to kill him), I'm going to be sad.

"Yeah! That's my honorary little sister!" Chopper. :uguu

"Luffy would have words with us."

I fucking died at these panels. It's a callback to Big Mom's choice and Nami saying it to the cloud that loves her Tempo Baton's lightning clouds is just so :dead .

Tsun-Tsun~~~~~

"Why is he listing your best qualities?" "RIGHT?!" Oh Luffy and Chopper... :lol

Arc was fucking huge: Taking up about 70 chapters (barring the 30 to set-up), which seems a little longer than the typical One Piece arc, but it might just be the slow build up to the wedding, the quickly done wedding, and then the drawn out (IMO) exiting. I'm still not out of the territory yet, but I think it's about over.

Fun fact, these last few trade-paper-backs line up with the ten chapters, so I blew through like 6 or so volumes today. Not bad. I'm nearly caught up with the trade-paperbacks and since these weekly releases happen on Shonen Jump, I'm going to blow past Volume 94 (which is supposed to be published this month?) this week if I do ~10 chapters a day.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
Is that the official translation?   Its really good compared to what I read. 

Himu

Yes it is the official translation.

Nami, my favorite character, really shined that arc. I'm still team Pudding on Strawhats.

Pudding as Sanji's wife would be majestic. IT NEEDS TO HAPPEN. She could as spy. TEAM PUDDING!!!
IYKYK

thisismyusername

There's another translation? :confused

I mean if you're reading the piracy/fan-translation: Why are you doing that? See OP: Shonen Jump is releasing the chapters FOR FREE (for like 3 chapter releases so the last of the three becomes "paid-for") on their website now a days. There's no reason to use the pirated manga options for Shonen Jump (and Viz properties like Jojo's) now a days.

In fact, I'd highly recommend their Netflix approach since I've been catching up on Jojo's (up to the Part 3 of like 7 arc in that, and there's only 4 on the Shonen Jump app so far... so...), Dragon Ball/Z (should start Super, but I'm trying to catch up on One Piece before that), My Hero Academia (see previous reason), and other stuff like Tokyo Ghoul, so you should be able to find something you want to read for like $2/month. It's a solid and cheap subscription and I'm honestly surprised other publishing houses for manga like... forgetting the Shoju... Yen press(? I think it's the women focused ones), hasn't done it themselves.

Himu

There's another translation? :confused

I mean if you're reading the piracy/fan-translation: Why are you doing that? See OP: Shonen Jump is releasing the chapters FOR FREE (for like 3 chapter releases so the last of the three becomes "paid-for") on their website now a days. There's no reason to use the pirated manga options for Shonen Jump (and Viz properties like Jojo's) now a days.

In fact, I'd highly recommend their Netflix approach since I've been catching up on Jojo's (up to the Part 3 of like 7 arc in that, and there's only 4 on the Shonen Jump app so far... so...), Dragon Ball/Z (should start Super, but I'm trying to catch up on One Piece before that), My Hero Academia (see previous reason), and other stuff like Tokyo Ghoul, so you should be able to find something you want to read for like $2/month. It's a solid and cheap subscription and I'm honestly surprised other publishing houses for manga like... forgetting the Shoju... Yen press(? I think it's the women focused ones), hasn't done it themselves.

Fan translations come out Thursday/Friday. A few days before the official, which is always released on Monday. Many of us read the scanlation and then read the official. Good way to avoid spoilers, and you'll soon find that you don't want to wait a second for more One Piece. You'll need your fix asap.

When you catch up you'll be reading on Jaiminisbox like the rest of us on Friday's.
IYKYK

thisismyusername

I dunno, I certainly can wait. It's not like I'm going around looking for future spoilers or anything in the manga scene. So whenever Shonen Jump is like "oh, hey, we have new chapters for you" in the stuff that I'm reading (like Chainsaw Man), I'll read it the day that update happens or not.

Himu

Do your thing. But most of us read scanlations in some shape or form. Once you're caught up I wouldn't peek into One Piece thread on Thursday/Friday/Saturday and if you hang around r/OnePiece no one who talks about the manga will be holding back once the chapter is out. There'll be discussion and memes all over the place. So if you're going to catch up and follow One Piece and read boards be aware that's how it goes because official releases come out later.
IYKYK

PogiJones

Love reading your notes, TIMU. Good stuff. I also thought Whole Cake Island dragged at the end. Dressrosa's personally my favorite arc post timeskip. I'm a sucker for the heartstring pulling, and Dressrosa had that in spades.  :'(

Himu

Love reading your notes, TIMU. Good stuff. I also thought Whole Cake Island dragged at the end. Dressrosa's personally my favorite arc post timeskip. I'm a sucker for the heartstring pulling, and Dressrosa had that in spades.  :'(

WCI dragged but Dressrosa didn't? Dressrosa imo was the first badly paced arc in the series. It was so bad I stopped reading One Piece for the first time in a decade so I could read it in bulk. It was much better read in bulk to be fair, but week to week was maddening. Meanwhile, WCI was tense as fuck.
IYKYK

PogiJones

Dressrosa's "dragging" felt like tension-building to me. WCI's "dragging" felt like dragging.

I think it's the characters. WCI's characters didn't grab me except for Pudding for mild heartstring plucking and Katakuri and Big Mom as imposing villains. The rest of the cast was forgettable to me, maybe partially due to their designs, which I disliked. But virtually every character in Dressrosa was appealing to me, except for maybe the fighting fish human hybrid dude. Doffy was an incredibly competent and despicable (read: wonderful) villain, my favorite in the series by far. Law, Rosanante, Rebecca, the toy soldier, Violet, Senior Pink and his "woman named 'Russian'"... they all tugged my heartstrings, and I loved every one of them.

The story may have been long, but the entire time it was just building and building tension, until... the memories coming back was sudden, sweeping, and incredibly cathartic, as everyone broke down crying remembering their loved ones. And Usopp had his most heroic moment in the series, matched only, perhaps, by the Enies Lobby sniping. But it was incredibly hilarious at the same time.

Let me put it this way: I remember most of the moments from most of the fights in Dressrosa. I've forgotten all the fights except the biggest moments from WCI, even though I read it much more recently. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ The Dressrosa characters and their stories got me way for invested in the fights themselves, so every part of it was more memorable to me.

Himu

Dressrosa's coliseum bit definitely dragged. With all those characters? All those introductions. And you had to remember all those fighters in the coliseum while you were at it too. And they all ended up playing a part. The way the story evolves and the way characters are introduced in Dressrosa is just setting the table up. It was necessary but not without growing pains. The arc was fucking huge and took forever. WCI by comparison had Old World like pacing to me. :idont

By contrast, I liked every single design in WCI. I thought Oda was in his element. The Disney like talking cakes/tea going "eat me" or "drink me". Smoothie turning those people into smoothies and drinking them. Katakuri, that fucking Big Mom son that uses goddamn candy to replace his dismembered arm. What an arc with utterly rad designs, and then the next arc goes and tops it. :rejoice

To be honest, I'm not sure why you wouldn't remember the "big moment" fights in WCI. It's not that kind of arc. There *were* no fights except big fights. The only fights in Whole Cake are: Cracker vs Luffy (which was hilarious), the assassination attempt, Big Mom chase (which wasn't really a fight so much as it was a chase), and Luffy vs Katakuri. To be honest, while I loved the story of Dressrosa in the end, the build up to that was maddening with too much stuff going on.

I think Whole Cake overall had better moments: Sanji meeting his family, food that talks and begs to be eaten, everything involving Pudding, Sanji finding redemption and showing in the face of the hatred for his family, Luffy starving halfway near to death and refusing to eat without seeing Sanji, Luffy vs Sanji, Sanji outside Pudding's window, the assassination plot, GASTINO, "a third eye, you're so beautiful", Morgans, Brook getting the poneglyph, Katakuri, the chase, Nami getting a powerup, Pedro :tocry, the fucked up back story of Big Mom, the mix of various fairy tales around the world;etc. I think it was far better paced and much higher moments.

But everyone has their own favorite arcs and least favorite arcs so it works out in the end.

Agreed to disagree.

Pudding for Nakama. :aah
« Last Edit: August 05, 2019, 03:57:17 AM by Cindi Mayweather »
IYKYK

PogiJones

You should spoiler tag some of that; TIMU says he's not quite done with the arc yet.

Himu

I said everything he’s caught up to.
IYKYK

thisismyusername

Chapters 900-909:

:gladbron I'm glad Oda seems to be keeping Koby in the series.

:gladbron :lawd :lawd :gladbron

Finally the resistance seems ready to do something.

Finally. They've been talking about this all series long, and so we get into it.

So this is where all the royalty that Luffy helped finally meet. However, the Mermaid Princess was about to be put into Slavery while everyone was like "WE CAN'T FIGHT THE DRAGONS!" and one of the Celestrial Dragons that said Mermen helped about a decade ago finally comes up, punches the fuck out of the one that was going to take the Princess ( :gladbron ) and says "stick with me, I'll protect you."

Otherwise this batch didn't have a lot happen (hence the lack of photos) and is pretty much setting up for the next 10 I guess.

thisismyusername

Chapters 910-919:

"Undefeated vs Usopp." :lol

:neogaf :heh :lawd

"Oh, hey, Traffy." So casual now. :-*

Law...  :lol

So we're in Wano, now. And the big reveal next chapters is pretty much going to be the Samurai's we've met so far being ghosts of the previous fallen nation incanation of Wano. So the above snark Video Game reveal is kinda apt with this being Kamigawa block arc of One Piece. It'll probably have some fans, but sell so badly that Wizards of the Coast/Oda doesn't make a sequel do much with it. </Kara signal off>

thisismyusername

Chapters 920-929:

Oda has a Cougar fetish. :doge

thisismyusername

13 more chapters to go and then I'm caught up with the current schedule. I might finish that tomorrow, but for now:

Chapters 930-939:

"Yay! It worked!!!" :lol :rofl

So much for Sanji's "I HATE MY FAMILY, I WILL NEVER USE THIS ITEM!"

"Lady, can you get out of the way?" :lol

:rofl Oh, Sanji. :neogaf

:gladbron :gladbron :gladbron :gladbron

Himu

Wano :lawd
IYKYK

thisismyusername

Chapters 940-951:

S.M.I.L.E. fruits are starting to be explained:

:neogaf Poor Sanji. Zolo beats him to the punch.

:rofl Big Mom returns from "Olin" land, after this.

"Best of luck, Straw Hat Fellow!" :rofl

FROG DUDE JOINS SMELLEE!

"This one is a woman at heart. <3" :rofl

(Side note: "I just saw a bad future just now." :gladbron Now back to the awesome scene)

:gladbron :gladbron :lawd :gladbron :gladbron

"Silence! You insolent dog!" :rofl

These fucking faces... :rofl :dead :dead :rofl

And with that, I am... *drumroll*

ALL CAUGHT UP!!! With One Piece's manga schedule.

Now I can start up Dragonball Super and finish up Jojo (to the end of Part 4, whenever Viz releases the others anyway).

Himu

Congrats! Now join us in the thread every now and then.

What do you think of one piece now that you’re caught up?
IYKYK

PogiJones

That was great, TIMU. Gonna miss these readthrough posts, tbh.

thisismyusername

That was great, TIMU. Gonna miss these readthrough posts, tbh.

What do you think of one piece now that you’re caught up?

I like it. I like how Oda tries to keep things fresh. But I really do hope we get to the One Piece sometime soon, because if we're still going for 1,500 chapters without getting there, that's just crazy pacing.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
It's the journey that matters - I don't care what one piece actually is.