Author Topic: Game of Thrones Season 8, we can finally stop waiting on GURM  (Read 105846 times)

team filler

• filler
  • filler
Re: Game of Thrones Season 8, we can finally stop waiting on GURM
« Reply #60 on: April 15, 2019, 03:28:20 PM »
babbies first dragon  :lol

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #61 on: April 15, 2019, 03:29:42 PM »
not seeing cersei get deep dicked by euron  ::)

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #62 on: April 15, 2019, 03:37:07 PM »
Is there any nudity in the premiere or can I skip

It has the most blatant sexposition scene in a while. I don’t recall any like the whore scene since like season 5.
This one was fairly funny, tbh.

The episode itself was ok, the schlock levels of this show are off the charts now, with Jon going Neverending Story, and every other character coming off as a try hard to show off how powerful they've become, but it was all mostly a setup, so whatever.

The weird CG cowgirl scene was weird🤥.
Ok, so i wasn't crazy.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #63 on: April 15, 2019, 03:54:49 PM »
What

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #64 on: April 15, 2019, 03:57:20 PM »
Just when I thought Sam was Sam, turns out, Cersei is actually Sam.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #65 on: April 15, 2019, 04:00:10 PM »
It was such a fanservice episode it was almost shameful.

"Remember Bronn?"
"Remember Arya & Gendry?"
"Remember Samwell?"
"Remember the flaming swords?"
"U like Dragons?"

spoiler (click to show/hide)
The scene with Jon and Sam at the end perfectly sums up the writing of this episode.
'Oops Sam being clumsy again as Jon Snow just so happens to stand next to the grave of his father. Waddup Sam? Your bro and daddy got killed by the Dragon Queen, yikes. That's an oof from me dawg. Wait wat, wait WAT I'm the legimate King??'

'OH NOES the boy who knows I fucked the queen (narrator: everyone knows) is here in a wheelchair staring at me.'
*credits*
[close]

For whatever reason I still enjoy it though  :lol
🤴

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #66 on: April 16, 2019, 12:07:53 AM »
I kinda want to see zombie kings of winterfell every time I see the crypt

bluemax

« Reply #67 on: April 16, 2019, 01:35:51 AM »
The one thing I was thinking after this episode was, how many pages would it have taken George to get all these characters from where they were at the end of last season, to where they were at the end of this episode? 500? 600? No wonder the dude gave up on writing. Even at his peak output levels it would've taken him 5 years just to do what happened in this one episode. Which also just goes to show how much time he would've wasted on "world building".
NO

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #68 on: April 16, 2019, 03:49:51 AM »
bring back all the old hokages

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #69 on: April 16, 2019, 03:56:39 AM »

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #70 on: April 16, 2019, 04:41:07 AM »
bring back all the old hokages
dattebayo

Raist

« Reply #71 on: April 16, 2019, 05:24:27 AM »
The one thing I was thinking after this episode was, how many pages would it have taken George to get all these characters from where they were at the end of last season, to where they were at the end of this episode? 500? 600? No wonder the dude gave up on writing. Even at his peak output levels it would've taken him 5 years just to do what happened in this one episode. Which also just goes to show how much time he would've wasted on "world building".

He clearly lost the plot (quite literally) a while ago. He's kept introducing so many new arcs and characters, to a point where untangling all this shit has quite clearly overwhelmed him.
It would already be a tall order if he was committed to ASoIAF 100%, but he's spending so much time writing other shit (and whatever else), he'll never finish it.

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #72 on: April 16, 2019, 06:12:27 AM »
To be honest all the good characters are dead at this point.
Zombie King is the best one left, so it's hard to root for the humans on this one.

Daenerys is an insufferable and awful leader, Arya went full fedora edgelord, Jon is the usual boring bitch (though he got better with time), Tyrion also got fairly boring.
I liked the Jethro Tull guy but he died last season, so i guess The Hound is left, and some minor puppets like the Onion Knight or Bron.

What am i supposed to care for, the ball-less guy to dry hump Daenerys' secretary? Whatever.

Raist

« Reply #73 on: April 16, 2019, 07:07:24 AM »
Yep, Tyrion was always easily one of the best characters by quite some margin (show and book) but ever since he went east, he turned into Daenerys' whiny little puppy.

curly

• cultural maoist
« Reply #74 on: April 19, 2019, 10:30:34 PM »
Does anyone else think it's weird that an epic fantasy series about an entire world is 98% one-on-one conversations

Himu

« Reply #75 on: April 19, 2019, 10:49:28 PM »
Jon is my favorite character in the series. Unfortunately the tv show spoiled him. He did get much better, though.
IYKYK

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #76 on: April 19, 2019, 10:57:01 PM »
Does anyone else think it's weird that an epic fantasy series about an entire world is 98% one-on-one conversations

Only a bit, since the focus has always been on a (relatively) small group of powerful people and the politics of feudal succession. It's right there in the name!

What sticks out to me is how many of those scenes stick close to one of a few templates: the polite conversation with a hint of menace, the respectful argument, the passionate yelling argument, the road trip banter, the revelation of a past trauma with a slow zoom in.

curly

• cultural maoist
« Reply #77 on: April 20, 2019, 01:20:41 AM »

Only a bit, since the focus has always been on a (relatively) small group of powerful people and the politics of feudal succession. It's right there in the name!

What sticks out to me is how many of those scenes stick close to one of a few templates: the polite conversation with a hint of menace, the respectful argument, the passionate yelling argument, the road trip banter, the revelation of a past trauma with a slow zoom in.

It's insanely formulaic, yes. The thing is a show about politics in a medieval-ish setting offers lots of opportunities for group scenes that use crowds, assemblies, mobs, etc but GoT is (outside of the occasional battle scenes or cgi spectacles) almost totally shot/reverse shot of 2 characters in medium close-up having a conversation. I can understand not going Eisenstein and making the masses the protagonist because this is TV and that shit's hard but they barely even use more than 2 members of the main ensemble together in a scene.

bluemax

« Reply #78 on: April 20, 2019, 02:18:11 AM »
That's how GURM wrote it though. You think he could keep track of more than 4 characters in a scene at once?
NO

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #79 on: April 21, 2019, 05:07:04 PM »
Ep 2 is up on torrent sites

agrajag

« Reply #80 on: April 21, 2019, 10:12:23 PM »
this episode was poop

Steve Contra

• Bought a lemon tree straight cash
« Reply #81 on: April 21, 2019, 11:02:12 PM »
That was a great episode.
vin

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #83 on: April 21, 2019, 11:13:53 PM »
OMG NOTHING HAPPENED!!!

Basically. I was roped into watching this second episode with a friend, and... young girl loses her virginity(?), and no The Two Towers battle yet.

Blue balls about that.

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #84 on: April 21, 2019, 11:55:17 PM »
Wtf are y’all on about that was legit one of the best ones so far.  :lucas

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night
« Reply #85 on: April 22, 2019, 12:57:08 AM »
Best ep of the ones where 'nothing' happens. But I like character development eps in general.

bluemax

« Reply #86 on: April 22, 2019, 01:15:24 AM »
Gotta conserve that budget somehow I guess. Some good character moments, but 2 hours out of 7 being character development is very GURM.
NO

eleuin

• perennial loser
« Reply #87 on: April 22, 2019, 01:29:39 AM »
not ready for the bloodbath brehs

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #88 on: April 22, 2019, 01:35:01 AM »
At least we saw Ghost

TEEEPO

• hi, i suck
« Reply #89 on: April 22, 2019, 02:38:30 AM »
fantastic episode, top shelf shit imo

i also tend to like the episodes where "nothing happens"

jakefromstatefarm

« Reply #90 on: April 22, 2019, 03:04:18 AM »
not ready for the bloodbath brehs
we need to crack these eggs to move the plot forward

Tasty

« Reply #91 on: April 22, 2019, 07:27:14 AM »
Yo that knighting seen was some corny shit

Raist

« Reply #92 on: April 22, 2019, 09:04:54 AM »
 :boring :boring

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #94 on: April 22, 2019, 10:16:47 AM »
I thought I was watching game of thrones, instead I got a very special episode of The Facts of Life.

That was terrible.
que

El Babua

« Reply #95 on: April 22, 2019, 10:34:52 AM »
Good episode.

Especially for all the little bones book nerds got thrown. Unlike anything from GRRM  :doge

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #96 on: April 22, 2019, 11:04:51 AM »
I wonder what show you idiots that want nothing but battles have been watching for 7+ fucking seasons, because the one everyone else is watching is called "Game of Thrones" and is about political backstabbing you fucking slackjawed simpleton fuckwits
yar

BobFromPikeCreek

« Reply #97 on: April 22, 2019, 11:11:35 AM »
Dany just non-stop dogging on Tyrion, the fan favourite character, is such a wrestling-writing way of selling her heel turn. :lol Just in case people STILL don't get that she's not supposed to be likable.
zzzzz

Tasty

« Reply #98 on: April 22, 2019, 11:14:51 AM »
I wonder what show you idiots that want nothing but battles have been watching for 7+ fucking seasons, because the one everyone else is watching is called "Game of Thrones" and is about political backstabbing you fucking slackjawed simpleton fuckwits

I can't speak for everyone, and it's not really a complaint I have in these first two episodes, however:

Yeah, the show is about political backstabbing. In prior seasons, non-battle episodes usually ended with some reveals or twists. The problem is at this point we're so far in the endgame, all they really have to keep you on the hook is lame shit like "Bran and Jaime finally meet agaiN!!!!!" only for it to literally not matter and be resolved in two minutes.

And even this ep, the big final shot is the dead in front of Winterfell. Like, OK, that's not a twist or anything. We knew they were coming, and we know all the characters know too, so there's nothing to really anticipate BUT the big battle.

Once they get this shit out of the way I'm expecting every episode to end with some crazy shit, but it's also fair to point out that the first two eps so far... haven't.

agrajag

« Reply #99 on: April 22, 2019, 11:22:03 AM »
there was zero intrigue in this episode besides Jon and Danny speaking for 30 seconds about him being a Targ at the end and it somehow felt anticlimactic. The rest was everyone drinking wine and singing kumbaya.

BobFromPikeCreek

« Reply #100 on: April 22, 2019, 11:26:34 AM »
Guaranteed if this episode was part of a binge watching experience it'd be a favourite. In the future when people can immediately roll into the next episode I'm sure it'll be remembered fondly.
zzzzz

agrajag

« Reply #101 on: April 22, 2019, 11:36:09 AM »
 :snore :boring

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #102 on: April 22, 2019, 12:07:44 PM »
I'd like a show that moves things forward. Instead of being like 'Remember Brienne?', "Remember Sam?" "Remember Gendry?"

It all comes off as contrived fan service. the only things that moved forward were the Sansa/Dany thing and Dany finding out about Jon. The rest was "Remember Podrick?!", "Remember Tormund?" "Remember the Millennium Falcon?"
que

agrajag

« Reply #103 on: April 22, 2019, 12:39:44 PM »

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #104 on: April 22, 2019, 12:41:19 PM »
Guaranteed if this episode was part of a binge watching experience it'd be a favourite. In the future when people can immediately roll into the next episode I'm sure it'll be remembered fondly.
I'm never watching this shid again foh  :lol

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #105 on: April 22, 2019, 12:41:32 PM »
I like "people talking episodes" infact, some of my favorite movies, are "people talking".
However these cartoon characters talking just aren't all that interesting anymore, and an episode like this, makes it all the more obvious.

GoT hasn't been super interesting in that sense in a while though, so i'm not surprised people just want to see ice zombies and dragons roll around in the mud.

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #106 on: April 22, 2019, 02:26:56 PM »
Y'all some simple ass bitches that don't know anything about story telling, along with GURM, and it shows.
yar

agrajag

« Reply #107 on: April 22, 2019, 02:28:15 PM »
 :lol

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #108 on: April 22, 2019, 02:44:45 PM »
I will say, the shows over soon enough, so whining about it not progressing is kinda silly

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #109 on: April 22, 2019, 02:56:10 PM »
Liked this episode better than the previous episode.

I'm kinda at a loss of who will die and who will live.
I'm thinking they're going to start with the ones that kind of have a complete story arc. but most of them still seem to have unfinished business in Kings Landing.

Also I have this feeling that it'll be a battle of queens in the end.
Cersei, Sansa and Danny and whoever is left to fight for them.

I have a theory that Jon will kill the Knight King and dies of his wounds. Which breaks the shaky alliance and everyone is back to one last round of Game of Thronesing
« Last Edit: April 22, 2019, 03:00:41 PM by Nintex »
🤴

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #110 on: April 22, 2019, 03:18:28 PM »
It's pretty obvious that since the next episode is the big battle with the dead, and there's 3 episodes after, that those episodes will focus on the survivors conflict with Cersei and her bitch ass elephant-less army.

It's also pretty obvious that given the last episode, they're setting a bunch of people up to die. My bet would be on most of the "supporting" cast dying, with at least one person dead that will impact each of the main survivors in some way. My bets, in order of likelihood: Beric Donderrion, Sam, Ed, Ser Davos, Brienne, Jorah, Grey Worm, Theon, Pod, and Gendry. I also think it's more likely that Arya dies than Gendry, I think she'll be the one big "main cast" casualty. Then again, Bran and Sansa are the only Starks left without wolves, so maybe them. Although it's possible Bran wargs into something permanently.
yar

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #111 on: April 22, 2019, 03:33:37 PM »

after the big battle is over. the final episodes will be about moving on from feudalism into capitalism, as it's more natural. daddy P will guest star with zizek

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #112 on: April 22, 2019, 04:02:46 PM »
The Eyrie Festival
©@©™

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #113 on: April 22, 2019, 04:16:58 PM »
Don't worry bois. 'Big brains' Tyrion got this.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
He'll defend the realm of men drunk in by far the weakest castle of the big houses and puts his armies in front the castle so the army of the dead can easily over run them.

He seems to have inherited the title of the Greatest General in all of Westeros from one Stannis Baratheon.  :thinking
[close]
🤴

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #114 on: April 22, 2019, 04:54:57 PM »
Have they taken into account that every man fallen, will turn sides and become an ice zombie? Seems a pretty crucial detail, when you go army vs army.

I think maybe Ramsay and his "10 good men" were a better idea after all, if the goal was to just kill the night king.
Or may they have the whole army just rush him, immediately.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #115 on: April 22, 2019, 05:06:41 PM »
Just have the dragons occasionally strafe the moving armies of the knight king.

They can't hit fast flying dragons on their flanks.

One or two fly by's a day would've decimated the army before it got to Winterfell.
Then get all the oil, wildfire and whatever explodes that you can find. Pour it and bury it in front of Winterfell. Once the army of dead walks over the markings, light a match and burn over half of them.

Also build some kick ass armor and weapons for the dragons to wear already.
🤴

Raist

« Reply #116 on: April 22, 2019, 05:13:38 PM »
No one mentioned the dragon.

No one mentioned that telling the women and kids to "hide in the crypts cause it's super safe" may not be the greatest idea when the enemy boss can raise the fucking dead.

This will go well.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #118 on: April 22, 2019, 08:11:14 PM »
capitalism is coming  ;)

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #119 on: April 23, 2019, 12:53:05 AM »
Storytelling? Please, I kept expecting them to launch into a rousing rendition of  "drink with me" from les miserable.
que