Author Topic: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible  (Read 3798343 times)

PogiJones

Re: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible
« Reply #25020 on: June 23, 2019, 01:47:18 AM »
https://twitter.com/soderstroff/status/1142666999920599040

Seems I'm the only one with standards when it comes to inviting people, smh.

Which one of you is that, anyway?

agrajag

« Reply #25021 on: June 23, 2019, 01:51:15 AM »
Kristof, eh

:beli

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #25022 on: June 23, 2019, 01:58:28 AM »
https://twitter.com/ProfessorBeef/status/1142643430650081280

Uh-huh. Right.

Actually, being unable to tell people to Nut Up and Just Do It on a forum where 1/4 complain they are suicidal but don't want to do therapy, take medication or become a dishwasher because of the potential bigoted waiters must really wear on you.  Era mods are truly our modern molds of Atlas and Sisyphus.
sigh

nudemacusers

« Reply #25023 on: June 23, 2019, 02:01:50 AM »
Very proud that resetera users and staff have turned a new leaf and will accept an apology from someone making an error while representing an organization by-proxy and will discourage forum members from endlessly relitigating poor actions/decisions across threads. :usacry
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #25024 on: June 23, 2019, 02:26:19 AM »
Kristof, eh

:beli
Would I really leave the accent off of exposé?
每天生气

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #25025 on: June 23, 2019, 02:29:14 AM »

Sure it sounds like he choose to step down...

Beef apologized and did what he thought was best by stepping down. PM the mods if you have problems with it cause they will be able to see it quicker and respond accordingly. But I don't think that making a public scene about this is necessary since we just need to hope that Etika turns out okay. No matter how grim the outcome is looking.

But like I said. PM the leadership if it really requires more attention since these are just my thoughts.

What a hero...

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night
« Last Edit: June 23, 2019, 11:21:24 AM by Tripon »

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #25027 on: June 23, 2019, 02:36:21 AM »
This is a long post but the past like… I think three or four threads about Etika have been locked as they turn into a massive argument over is he bigoted or is he just suffering from mental issues. Part of the problem with these arguments is that I sincerely think a lot of you don’t really get it, and I don’t say that to be mean spirited: I say this is somewhat out of concern and willing to help explain some stuff. Now I don’t say this with pride although ever since Etika’s been having problems I’ve been talking a lot more about it than ever, but I actually have been diagnosed with, if what I was told about him is to be true, the exact same mental disorder that Etika has and in 2014 I actually had a few episodes where I ran away from home with the intent of suicide. Unfortunately mental health is something you really only understand if you’re a true expert and I’m talking PhD in the subject here, or if you’ve had an episode yourself; for everyone else it’s almost impossible to empathize with because it’s almost like people like Etika or anyone else who has something like this are from another planet entirely.

I could actually try and explain what really went through my mind at the time if anyone would like, but as I was typing it up for this post I read it and like… it was just a garbled mess going through my mind, which is how it goes with this disorder. To sum up what ended up happening, around late September of 2014 I quit a college program I was in and wrote a bizarre cryptic suicide message that I left for my family, pawned one of my most treasured posessions for a measly 20 dollars, and took a bus up to NYC to jump off the brooklyn bridge and make an example of myself. I ended up not doing that and instead went straight into the brooklyn library and started writing really crappy Kindle ebooks under the guise I was a genius rebel under the sacred holy trinity of god and that my new day job was being a writer and my night job was going to Times Square and panhandling by holding a sign up that said I needed a pretty obscene object I’m not gonna describe so please donate. It was pretty dumb, and when I finally came to, I ended up apologizing to my parents and moved back but just one month later had a similar episode happen yet again.

It was aboslutely stupid and to be honest a lot of times deep down I knew it was stupid, but it just kept on happening anyway. It was like there’s a billion things going on though my mind at once and I can’t even focus and hold anything down and then a lot of times you’re either so depressed you can’t even get yourself up out of bed or you’re out there trying to change the world in some shape or form. It’s like you’re fine sometimes, and then all of a sudden you either do something really cool and great as having something like bipolar does catapult you to doing awesome things sometimes; for instance, there's been several studies that have shown that close to like 90% of entrepreneurs have some type of bipolar. At the same time, though, it also can catapult you to doing some truly awful things under ridiculous circumstances that make no sense whatsoever like the thing I described or in Etika’s case: all the crap that have been starting flame wars on here like nothing else.

The hardest thing is that seeking help is something you need to do, but there’s only so much “help” can do. Ever wonder how Etika’s gotten out of these psych wards so fast? The same reason I got out so fast in a lot of my own stupid incidents: it can cycle with the snap of a hand at some points meaning Etika probably was 100% sane when he gets taken out of these hospitals. It’s because of this that a lot of times doctors actually can be a bit wary of prescribing any medication at all because becoming dependent on them can cause bigger issues, and maybe god forbid being on something like xanax when you’re not going through a depressive phase. It takes a LOT of therapy and alternating medications to truly treat something like this, and on top of that it also takes super strong will to even understand when you’re about to or already going through a hypomanic or manic episode and calm yourself down as no matter what you’re on that can happen easily with the snap of your fingers. It sucks.

The good news is though that it is treatable and I think everyone shouting for Etika to get offline for good just don’t get it at all: I’m willing to be one of your favorite performers, activists, writers, or even youtubers has something similar going on. The problem isn’t exactly social media overload even though it seems that way, once again this is where the disconnect happens: the problem is that Etika himself needs to learn to properly manage himself which I’d imagine taking a break from social media would help in that but making the grand standpoint that he’s permanently ill is missing the point, and I’d actually argue is sort of inhumane. Etika’s a human like anyone else, and yeah when people have issues you need to get those in check, but the idea of taking away a man’s passion and dreams and career just because you personally don’t think he’s capable is just not right… at all. I’m willing to bet there’s at least one of your favorite performers, artists, politicians, musicians, designers etc who suffer through the exact same things who would never have created the thing you enjoy if they had listened to that mentality. Look at it this way: people with a disability are going to struggle a lot in life, and there’s gonna be a lot of pain and struggles to go along with it, but that doesn’t mean they don’t have the right to try.

And then for everyone who shouts that Etika’s a bigoted asshole who is faking things for attention… he ain’t faking anything for attention, all of these incidents are like weird cries to try and make sense of all the nonsense going on in his mind at once: take it from a guy who’s actually had it happen to him. Does that excuse him for saying a lot of hurtful nonsense? No, much like how I’m sure I’m gonna regret a lot of the stuff I’ve personally done during my episodes the rest of my life… in fact I’ve actually been suicidal over some of the things I’ve done because I knew they were wrong and had ZERO excuse for them, and no this wasn’t a manic episode kicking in, this was legitimately me feeling remorse and regret and wanting to punish myself in a way that I believed and in 2016 I actually was going towards some train tracks to put my head under them and let myself be crushed as an atonement of sorts. I told a few people that I knew I loved them, and one actually convinced me to call the suicide hotline which I did… and I guess long story short I’m now typing this up.

People who have issues like bipolar aren’t fucking monsters, i want to make that clear. I’ve seen this idea that Etika and really anyone who’ve done something awful during an episode are these hard hearted monsters who are only out there to hurt everyone else and get away with it by crying mental illness… Harassing someone over shit like that, when it’s clear that’s not who they are and clear they regret it, doesn’t somehow lower their nonexistent power levels like a boss’ HP: it makes them feel actual emotional pain as they already regret what they’ve done but now here comes some people kicking them while they’re usually already down. I know it’s hard to understand that people doing something doesn’t mean they truly meant it, but that’s just how this disorder rolls a lot of times. Now it’s great that we regret what we did, but does that excuse our actions? Once again, no… but we also never were asking for an excuse, guilt actually overtakes a lof of people who have this and I’ve heard that’s possibly one of the reasons why suicide is so insanely high for people who’ve had manic episodes… and as someone who’s been in a similar situation like Etika’s: he ain’t faking it. Even if he ends up being found alive, this is a cry for him trying to atone for some of this shit as he even states himself in his video. I was lucky in my case that my screw ups were never the laughing stock of the world, I gotta say though that I’d imagine Etika’s heart is being torn to shreds over this whole thing.

Apologies about any typos, by the way; I typed this entirely on an iPhone keyboard and wanna post it before anymore flame wars over this happen because I think it needs to be said, it’s also 2:30 AM and I’m about to pass out
每天生气

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #25028 on: June 23, 2019, 02:52:36 AM »
This is a long post but the past like… I think three or four threads about Etika have been locked as they turn into a massive argument over is he bigoted or is he just suffering from mental issues. Part of the problem with these arguments is that I sincerely think a lot of you don’t really get it, and I don’t say that to be mean spirited: I say this is somewhat out of concern and willing to help explain some stuff. Now I don’t say this with pride although ever since Etika’s been having problems I’ve been talking a lot more about it than ever, but I actually have been diagnosed with, if what I was told about him is to be true, the exact same mental disorder that Etika has and in 2014 I actually had a few episodes where I ran away from home with the intent of suicide. Unfortunately mental health is something you really only understand if you’re a true expert and I’m talking PhD in the subject here, or if you’ve had an episode yourself; for everyone else it’s almost impossible to empathize with because it’s almost like people like Etika or anyone else who has something like this are from another planet entirely.

I could actually try and explain what really went through my mind at the time if anyone would like, but as I was typing it up for this post I read it and like… it was just a garbled mess going through my mind, which is how it goes with this disorder. To sum up what ended up happening, around late September of 2014 I quit a college program I was in and wrote a bizarre cryptic suicide message that I left for my family, pawned one of my most treasured posessions for a measly 20 dollars, and took a bus up to NYC to jump off the brooklyn bridge and make an example of myself. I ended up not doing that and instead went straight into the brooklyn library and started writing really crappy Kindle ebooks under the guise I was a genius rebel under the sacred holy trinity of god and that my new day job was being a writer and my night job was going to Times Square and panhandling by holding a sign up that said I needed a pretty obscene object I’m not gonna describe so please donate. It was pretty dumb, and when I finally came to, I ended up apologizing to my parents and moved back but just one month later had a similar episode happen yet again.

It was aboslutely stupid and to be honest a lot of times deep down I knew it was stupid, but it just kept on happening anyway. It was like there’s a billion things going on though my mind at once and I can’t even focus and hold anything down and then a lot of times you’re either so depressed you can’t even get yourself up out of bed or you’re out there trying to change the world in some shape or form. It’s like you’re fine sometimes, and then all of a sudden you either do something really cool and great as having something like bipolar does catapult you to doing awesome things sometimes; for instance, there's been several studies that have shown that close to like 90% of entrepreneurs have some type of bipolar. At the same time, though, it also can catapult you to doing some truly awful things under ridiculous circumstances that make no sense whatsoever like the thing I described or in Etika’s case: all the crap that have been starting flame wars on here like nothing else.

The hardest thing is that seeking help is something you need to do, but there’s only so much “help” can do. Ever wonder how Etika’s gotten out of these psych wards so fast? The same reason I got out so fast in a lot of my own stupid incidents: it can cycle with the snap of a hand at some points meaning Etika probably was 100% sane when he gets taken out of these hospitals. It’s because of this that a lot of times doctors actually can be a bit wary of prescribing any medication at all because becoming dependent on them can cause bigger issues, and maybe god forbid being on something like xanax when you’re not going through a depressive phase. It takes a LOT of therapy and alternating medications to truly treat something like this, and on top of that it also takes super strong will to even understand when you’re about to or already going through a hypomanic or manic episode and calm yourself down as no matter what you’re on that can happen easily with the snap of your fingers. It sucks.

The good news is though that it is treatable and I think everyone shouting for Etika to get offline for good just don’t get it at all: I’m willing to be one of your favorite performers, activists, writers, or even youtubers has something similar going on. The problem isn’t exactly social media overload even though it seems that way, once again this is where the disconnect happens: the problem is that Etika himself needs to learn to properly manage himself which I’d imagine taking a break from social media would help in that but making the grand standpoint that he’s permanently ill is missing the point, and I’d actually argue is sort of inhumane. Etika’s a human like anyone else, and yeah when people have issues you need to get those in check, but the idea of taking away a man’s passion and dreams and career just because you personally don’t think he’s capable is just not right… at all. I’m willing to bet there’s at least one of your favorite performers, artists, politicians, musicians, designers etc who suffer through the exact same things who would never have created the thing you enjoy if they had listened to that mentality. Look at it this way: people with a disability are going to struggle a lot in life, and there’s gonna be a lot of pain and struggles to go along with it, but that doesn’t mean they don’t have the right to try.

And then for everyone who shouts that Etika’s a bigoted asshole who is faking things for attention… he ain’t faking anything for attention, all of these incidents are like weird cries to try and make sense of all the nonsense going on in his mind at once: take it from a guy who’s actually had it happen to him. Does that excuse him for saying a lot of hurtful nonsense? No, much like how I’m sure I’m gonna regret a lot of the stuff I’ve personally done during my episodes the rest of my life… in fact I’ve actually been suicidal over some of the things I’ve done because I knew they were wrong and had ZERO excuse for them, and no this wasn’t a manic episode kicking in, this was legitimately me feeling remorse and regret and wanting to punish myself in a way that I believed and in 2016 I actually was going towards some train tracks to put my head under them and let myself be crushed as an atonement of sorts. I told a few people that I knew I loved them, and one actually convinced me to call the suicide hotline which I did… and I guess long story short I’m now typing this up.

People who have issues like bipolar aren’t fucking monsters, i want to make that clear. I’ve seen this idea that Etika and really anyone who’ve done something awful during an episode are these hard hearted monsters who are only out there to hurt everyone else and get away with it by crying mental illness… Harassing someone over shit like that, when it’s clear that’s not who they are and clear they regret it, doesn’t somehow lower their nonexistent power levels like a boss’ HP: it makes them feel actual emotional pain as they already regret what they’ve done but now here comes some people kicking them while they’re usually already down. I know it’s hard to understand that people doing something doesn’t mean they truly meant it, but that’s just how this disorder rolls a lot of times. Now it’s great that we regret what we did, but does that excuse our actions? Once again, no… but we also never were asking for an excuse, guilt actually overtakes a lof of people who have this and I’ve heard that’s possibly one of the reasons why suicide is so insanely high for people who’ve had manic episodes… and as someone who’s been in a similar situation like Etika’s: he ain’t faking it. Even if he ends up being found alive, this is a cry for him trying to atone for some of this shit as he even states himself in his video. I was lucky in my case that my screw ups were never the laughing stock of the world, I gotta say though that I’d imagine Etika’s heart is being torn to shreds over this whole thing.

Apologies about any typos, by the way; I typed this entirely on an iPhone keyboard and wanna post it before anymore flame wars over this happen because I think it needs to be said, it’s also 2:30 AM and I’m about to pass out
(Image removed from quote.)

Didn’t link either

:rage

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #25029 on: June 23, 2019, 04:43:41 AM »
Take your meds benji

https://www.resetera.com/threads/atlantic-article-contrapoints-is-political-philosophy-made-for-youtube.125048/

I think this article does a great job at describing Natalie "ContraPoints" Wynn's techniques and use of Socratic debate and philosophy to Wynn people over.

:ohyou

Feat. all the greats like excelsheet and DigitalOp already.
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #25030 on: June 23, 2019, 05:35:37 AM »
(Image removed from quote.)

sigh.

Watch them lock this thread and act like nothing happened.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/ny-post-etikas-personal-items-found-along-manhattan-bridge.125025/page-4#post-22135333

:gamergate

One thing ERA does better than GAF is that they don't fuck around as much with user's messages, even those meta jabs. GAF was not shy at scrubbing those when feeling especially petty. It's a small mercy and my Sunday minute of positivity.

Moderators having to step down over the most inane faux-pas is never getting old.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2019, 05:42:37 AM by VomKriege »
ὕβρις

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #25031 on: June 23, 2019, 06:11:26 AM »
They locked the rebooted thread and are now banning people who think beef should have been banned  :lol

https://www.resetera.com/threads/ny-post-etikas-personal-items-found-along-manhattan-bridge-see-staff-post-for-thread-guidelines.125055/post-22142978

remy

• my hog is small but it is mighty
« Reply #25032 on: June 23, 2019, 06:16:26 AM »
They locked the rebooted thread and are now banning people who think beef should have been banned  :lol

https://www.resetera.com/threads/ny-post-etikas-personal-items-found-along-manhattan-bridge-see-staff-post-for-thread-guidelines.125055/post-22142978
fucking looooooooooooooooooool

reset treating their mods like cops treat their boys and their members like minorities

mods get paid vacay, members get permabanned  :doge
« Last Edit: June 23, 2019, 06:25:01 AM by remy »

daemon

« Reply #25033 on: June 23, 2019, 06:49:58 AM »

reset treating their mods like cops treat their boys and their members like minorities

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #25034 on: June 23, 2019, 06:52:46 AM »
One third of straight women have gone on dates just to get free food

Pretty whatever factoid you'd think. Regardless of how solid that study and percentage is, unless the person is being rude or outright manipulative it's :yeshrug no guarantees in dating anyway, I guess don't go to a restaurant on a first date if the mere possibility of it upsets you. But this apparently rustles the jimmies of everyone in some way.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/one-third-of-straight-women-have-gone-on-dates-just-to-get-free-food.124965/

So what? Any way they can try to make up the wage gap they should.

Galaxy take.

But this seems to be more about some low-level flavor of female psychopathy, and how it might manifest itself in ways that are different than with men. I don't know what the analogue would be there.. maybe going to bars, with the specific goal of instigating a fight?

:science

Who the hell doesn't split bills? Doormats?

:ltg

Quote from: RedMercury
I mean what I said haha, can't think of a simpler way to dilute the statement. We can be super toxic and pose a lot of problems for women so maybe we don't need to dunk on people getting free meals too much is all.

Quote from: RedMercury
If you're a man you should be able to recognize the toxic and negative cultural aspects/history of men without taking personal offense. If you aren't like that, great!

Paying reparations, one shrimp ravioli at a time :salute

Decent clapback to that RedMercury post :

I don't mean to be rude, but this bit you interjected here could possibly be the most useless response to my post. Men are not beyond reproach. Neither are women. If you are a human with a functioning brain, you should be able to recognise the toxic and negative cultural aspects/history of men. I don't take offense at your statement. I merely consider your statement to be utterly worthless to this topic.

:dead

and 90% of guys have gone on a date just for sex.

Quote from: Stinkles
90% of men have gone on a date to try and cop a feel.

:social2

Legends 😍 hope the best for them

LEGENDS

Rejection is a valuable life lesson. These women are doing good work.

Quote from: Brainchild
I don't see how men are the victims here. We started this whole thing and continue to perpetuate it.

Why must they always insist into turning petty stuff into SMASH THE SOCIETY stuff ? :lol

What about guys with a mediocre salary and struggling to pay the bills? They get left behind by the dating scene?

Kinda if they date out and up of their social class, but you know poors have restaurants too, right ?

My general rule of thumb is that men have to pay for the first, second, and third dates. If there seems to be a connection and things could be getting serious, I'd consider splitting it. Women should never have to pay, save for extreme circumstances (birthdays, leftover gift cards, etc.)

Pretty old fashioned for someone called Woke Bespoke :yeshrug

Quote from: Woke Bespoke
...what the fuck is wrong with you
I thought I made it clear that I"m perfectly okay with splitting. It's pragmatic and about as close as you can get to equality and fairness.

Actually, no, you didn't ?

The joke is that this is the exact sort of shit that attracts the toxic masculinity type. Men who are eager to show how manly they are by paying for shit, often with equally rigid family values.

ὕβρις

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #25035 on: June 23, 2019, 06:55:37 AM »

It's been said before, but REE is essentially Animal Farm.

"All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others."
Spud

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #25036 on: June 23, 2019, 06:56:42 AM »
It doesn't even matter, if the free meal stems from toxicity anyway.

This one could maybe be worthy of the Bore's News Ticker.
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #25037 on: June 23, 2019, 07:18:51 AM »
I think we are in agreement there. My point was that so many guys are weak and let girls take adv of them which creates a false expectation for the rest of us.

Weed out the beta males from the dating pool !  :rethread

What absolute nonsense. Why doesn't this post get at least a warning?

:lol

ὕβρις

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #25038 on: June 23, 2019, 07:23:08 AM »

https://www.resetera.com/threads/one-third-of-straight-women-have-gone-on-dates-just-to-get-free-food.124965/

Galaxy take.

But this seems to be more about some low-level flavor of female psychopathy, and how it might manifest itself in ways that are different than with men. I don't know what the analogue would be there.. maybe going to bars, with the specific goal of instigating a fight?

Let me propose a third option. Some people are just dicks. Nothing more, nothing less

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #25039 on: June 23, 2019, 07:25:19 AM »

giant dad jokes are low hanging fruit, but eh

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #25040 on: June 23, 2019, 07:28:56 AM »

its just about 'the optics'. They don't actually have any actual fucking stand they want to take, which is why they're so wishy washy and inconsistent.

"One of our mods was joking about the mentally ill being attention whores. Looks bad. He should go."
"Some of our non-protected posters think they can overrule mods if they kick up enough of a fuss like the protected posters do. Looks bad. They should go."

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #25041 on: June 23, 2019, 07:31:43 AM »
That's like the fifth Etika thread they locked in a row, is it ?
ὕβρις

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #25042 on: June 23, 2019, 07:37:05 AM »
etika being a professional attention whore and also having mental health issues that mean you can't automatically go to 'boy cries wolf' are not mutually exclusive stances

e:
and this is such an obviously terrible way of handling it
The staff post is not being observed and there doesn't appear to be much to discuss in lieu of further developments.

What are the further developments? Is he okay? Did a body get found? Was it a hoax? A tragedy? What?
« Last Edit: June 23, 2019, 07:41:41 AM by GreatSageEqualOfHeaven »

Tuckers Law

« Reply #25043 on: June 23, 2019, 07:45:51 AM »
That's like the fifth Etika thread they locked in a row, is it ?
Deplatforming works.  Who do those uppity members think they are, giving lip to their betters in the mod community and protected users? :nothot

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #25044 on: June 23, 2019, 08:20:03 AM »
Waiting for Keanu to take back his breathtaking comment.
Honestly, if I'm Keanu and I catch wind of this shit, I'd get them to replace my voice and image in the game immediately. A good lawyer can get him out of the contract.

:whatisthis

https://www.resetera.com/threads/10-year-old-harassed-told-to-kill-himself-after-commenting-on-keanu-reeves-and-minecraft-on-a-youtube-video.125039/#post-22136650
ὕβρις

Nuitangg

« Reply #25045 on: June 23, 2019, 08:21:13 AM »
Is "aggressive thread derailment" a new one?  :lol

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #25046 on: June 23, 2019, 08:57:19 AM »
Honestly, if I'm Keanu and I catch wind of this shit, I'd get them to replace my voice and image in the game immediately. A good lawyer can get him out of the contract.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/10-year-old-harassed-told-to-kill-himself-after-commenting-on-keanu-reeves-and-minecraft-on-a-youtube-video.125039/#post-22136650

After seeing john wick 3 he probably should do this.

Tasty

« Reply #25047 on: June 23, 2019, 08:58:15 AM »
What did beef do/say?

VomKriege

• Do the moron
ὕβρις

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #25049 on: June 23, 2019, 09:04:59 AM »
What did beef do/say?

He posted the Groundskeeper Willie gif at the top of the page.

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #25050 on: June 23, 2019, 09:18:49 AM »
What did beef do/say?

I'm pretty sure worse was said in the Total Biscuit thread, after he died.  :yeshrug

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #25051 on: June 23, 2019, 09:32:55 AM »

Imagine if that happened. Guaranteed to stop the harassment and not increase it by a billion

Tasty

« Reply #25052 on: June 23, 2019, 09:43:52 AM »
What did beef do/say?

...that's it? (The "don't care" one I assume.)

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #25053 on: June 23, 2019, 09:46:54 AM »
What did beef do/say?

I'm pretty sure worse was said in the Total Biscuit thread, after he died.  :yeshrug

Yeah but Etika's death (if dead) was avoidable, caused by mental health issues that may have been worsened by hateful browbeating from online commentators. They needed to demod him in case Etika's bloated body washes ashore, and people start pointing fingers

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night
« Reply #25054 on: June 23, 2019, 10:11:47 AM »
I don't see that is happening here. i fail to see how it is an improvement, to have developers and artists being told to change their own designs by someone who doesn't even want to play the game. As Square themselves said, they have a department now who's job it is to veto artists and developers, to tell them NOT to give the customers what they wanted.

The fact that Square outright stated it wasn't the developers or artists who wanted the change, that someone else told them to change it, should have been the hint that the one forcing the developers against their will were NOT the gamers.

Guess what he's raging about.

paprikastaude

« Reply #25055 on: June 23, 2019, 10:53:25 AM »
what happened, did they celebrate another person's death who didn't meet their puritanical values?

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #25056 on: June 23, 2019, 11:19:05 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/why-exactly-is-it-so-hard-for-people-just-not-to-use-slurs.125094/#post-22145135

Because not using those slurs would go against the world-view that they've established throughout their entire lifetimes, and that's incredibly difficult for most people, especially those who have built their world-view on lies. The actual difficulty of not saying them is just a deflection meant to make them seem less shitty than they actually are.

For example when someone misgenders my dogs they're always fine with switching pronouns when I correct them (and I'm not exactly living somewhere progressive); meanwhile, a vast bulk of the transphobic movements out there stem from the supposed 'difficulty' of having to use a different pronoun and name for someone than what they first 'wanted.'
ὕβρις

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #25057 on: June 23, 2019, 11:22:08 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/why-exactly-is-it-so-hard-for-people-just-not-to-use-slurs.125094/#post-22145135

Because not using those slurs would go against the world-view that they've established throughout their entire lifetimes, and that's incredibly difficult for most people, especially those who have built their world-view on lies. The actual difficulty of not saying them is just a deflection meant to make them seem less shitty than they actually are.

For example when someone misgenders my dogs they're always fine with switching pronouns when I correct them (and I'm not exactly living somewhere progressive); meanwhile, a vast bulk of the transphobic movements out there stem from the supposed 'difficulty' of having to use a different pronoun and name for someone than what they first 'wanted.'

There has to be an AI that generates bad anecdotes/examples

zepblackstar

« Reply #25058 on: June 23, 2019, 11:24:44 AM »

Wait... WHAT?

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
« Reply #25059 on: June 23, 2019, 11:40:45 AM »
Did someone call his dog a bitch?
Oi Oi

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #25060 on: June 23, 2019, 11:41:55 AM »
What did beef do/say?

Yes in a suicide thread. Thinking it was a hoax/ploy. Turns out, the Youtuber seems to have DO IT taco-ed.

Boredfrom

« Reply #25061 on: June 23, 2019, 11:45:42 AM »
Man, Nephente has been worse than Beef but she is still a mod:

All these school shootings, the proliferation of alt-right views in gaming culture, and this surprises you?

No one just randomly falls into white supremacy; rather, you work to rid yourself of that status quo.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/white-supremacist-convicted-in-2017-charlottesville-car-attack-ask-for-mercy-ahead-of-sentencing.125101/page-2#post-22147825

Also, not defending the Charlottesville scumbag, but is funny how fast RE dismiss mental illness...

Tasty

« Reply #25062 on: June 23, 2019, 11:46:59 AM »
What did beef do/say?

Yes in a suicide thread. Thinking it was a hoax/ploy. Turns out, the Youtuber seems to have DO IT taco-ed.

Well that's just plain shortsighted... Seems like an honest reason to get booted from modship tbh.

EightBitNate

• I don’t wanna be horny anymore, I wanna be happy
« Reply #25063 on: June 23, 2019, 11:54:23 AM »

Boredfrom

« Reply #25064 on: June 23, 2019, 11:56:30 AM »
What did beef do/say?

Well that's just plain shortsighted... Seems like an honest reason to get booted from modship tbh.

The thing is that it was clear that Etika had big mental issues and that same thread made clear the NY police was taking this stuff seriously. Yet it took three days, until they found his stuff on the bridge, to Beef being called off.

Spanky

« Reply #25065 on: June 23, 2019, 11:57:44 AM »
Y'all some hoes but I digress

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #25066 on: June 23, 2019, 12:14:46 PM »
:O

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #25068 on: June 23, 2019, 12:24:58 PM »

There has to be an AI that generates bad anecdotes/examples

its like when you go to a drive-thru, and you give a quick visual that what you ordered is right, but when you get home, they put food in the wrong box and its not what you ordered, but youre pretty hungry and cant be bothered to go all the way back and argue about swapping it out for what you originally ordered, plus you drunk half your drink anyway on the drive

agrajag

« Reply #25069 on: June 23, 2019, 12:35:15 PM »
they should retroactively ban Red Mercury as well for telling some poster "I'm sorry you're suicidal, we're here for you. Oh wait, I just went through your problematic post history, fuck you"

« Reply #25070 on: June 23, 2019, 02:31:21 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/white-supremacist-convicted-in-2017-charlottesville-car-attack-ask-for-mercy-ahead-of-sentencing.125101/page-2#post-22148800

I don't believe that everyone in America is a Nazi because, well, that would be ridiculous. I'm saying that white supremacy as an ideology is pre-baked into our society that you are automatically somewhere on that spectrum by the time you're cognizant enough to even start absorbing the social differences between different racial groups. What then starts happening, is that you start walking in a direction along that range over the course of your life: whether or not you become more radicalized towards outright Nazism- where you "fall"-- or whether you actually start getting into anti-racist work and trying to proactively and aggressively deprogram the sociopolitical conditioning you've been and are still constantly being subjected to daily, or- like most people- whether or not you fall somewhere in between.

So, I don't think everyone is a Nazi or alt-righter or whatever. But! I also don't believe a single white person when they say they're not racist, which is the major thrust of the issue; it's the prevalence, the sheer banality and normalcy of racism, that helps give cover to the out-and-out Nazis to do shit like run over protesters. It's stochastic terrorism taken to the most extreme conclusion. It's the constant calls for sympathy and understanding of a rust belt that doesn't want a damn thing to do with me. It's the insistence on defining white adults as children. It's the op-eds about Trump voters. It's the defining of "real America" and the "working class" without a single drop of color. It's the fact that anyone even thought Trump was a reasonable choice in the first place, particular in context to electing a black man right beforehand.

It's these things that will inevitably open the path for some young white teens to go on and murder others. The fact that this particular shitstain is 22 isn't a surprise to anyone who has historically always been on the wrong end of the barrel.

I actually agree with the "everyone's a bit racist" view, but the way Nepenthe describes it just seems malicious rather than logical.  Like, this almost wraps around to hotep rhetoric without the sexism and homophobia.

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #25071 on: June 23, 2019, 02:32:57 PM »
I'm not racist, i just hate white people.

:trumps

james

« Reply #25072 on: June 23, 2019, 02:45:47 PM »
I hate all people equally.

Aside from Asian drivers, they're the worst

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
« Reply #25073 on: June 23, 2019, 02:54:49 PM »
If you posted "I am a white racist" on Resetti they would probably ban you though.
Oi Oi

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #25074 on: June 23, 2019, 02:58:23 PM »
If you posted "I am a white racist" on Resetti they would probably ban you though.

that's how I got permed

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

james

« Reply #25076 on: June 23, 2019, 03:34:58 PM »
Let's play fuck, marry, kill.

White people, black people, Asian people

Go

BisMarckie

« Reply #25077 on: June 23, 2019, 03:38:26 PM »
Fuck squids, marry squids, kill squids to eat them.  :ufup

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
« Reply #25078 on: June 23, 2019, 03:40:18 PM »

Go

Easy fuck blacks, marry whites, kill Asians.
Oi Oi

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #25079 on: June 23, 2019, 03:43:33 PM »

Go

Easy fuck blacks, marry whites, kill Asians.

yikes . gif