Author Topic: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible  (Read 3858100 times)

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
Re: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible
« Reply #4200 on: March 20, 2019, 11:41:38 AM »
No they wouldn't have lol, there are space concerns in a set top box that make this statement really stupid.  Especially since the APU on the XBox One fucking sucked.

an Xbox One SOC is smaller than a credit card.
if the architecture of any flavour of xbox allowed for SLI / Crossfire type setups, they would have done that for economies of scale reasons if nothing else.
Not even stacking, if they could have had 2 SOCs in a parallel configuration, even giving up the transmission overhead, they would have done that.

e: also:
:no1curr

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #4201 on: March 20, 2019, 11:45:43 AM »
Google is the Dominion. PlayStation, Xbox, and Nintendo need to be the Federation Alliance and push back together.

:umad

Nintendo are the Betazoid, MS are the Ferengi and Sony are the Romulans I guess?
Sometimes they make it sound like Sony, MS and Nintendo are some sort of mom&pop store fighting the good fight against the evil mega corporation.
I could've sword those were also billion dollar companies.
--
Anyway i think the Stadia idea is a good one from a commercial standpoint, it all depends how committed Google is to brute force it on people, but general populace don't give a shit about quality, they watch Netflix over Blurays for a reason, they play Fortnite on a touch screen for a reason, they don't download 1GB FLACs or use Vinyl for a reason, etc etc.
The idea that you're watching Youtube and can start up a new game within seconds by clicking a link, is a killer app in my mind, especially if the service is subscription based, like Netflix (or Gamepass :doge).

Of course the elephant in the room, is (high speed) Internet availability and stability.
Input Lag is only a problem for nerds, and even then, half the people of GAF couldn't even see the frame pacing problems with Bloodborne, and regularly play on console at (sub)30fps.

However needing Fiber Optics speeds for your connection is a problem for the majority of people, not even on the planet, but in the US and Europe alone.
And when you start to cater to only the portion of public living in places with that kind of high speed connection (and no data caps)... it might as well be a niche, which defeats the purpose of catering to the non-hardcore gamer crowd.

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #4202 on: March 20, 2019, 11:49:20 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/new-disney-is-here-disney-fox-merger-officially-finished.106425/#post-19022924

They actually made a celebration thread for a massive corporate merger :sabu
Reee becoming a massive Disney shill/fanboy/corporate zombie operation is something else

Wonder how many people were made redundant by this merger...
^_^

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #4203 on: March 20, 2019, 12:03:56 PM »
Sometimes they make it sound like Sony, MS and Nintendo are some sort of mom&pop store fighting the good fight against the evil mega corporation.
I could've sword those were also billion dollar companies.

I mean... Nintendo had actual yakuza ties, Sony wilfully installed rootkits via audio CDs, and MS are a legally convicted monopolist.
Compared to that baaaawwwing over Google openly telling people they give you free shit in return for reading all your emails and selling your personal data seems a weird place to draw the line.

« Reply #4204 on: March 20, 2019, 12:10:43 PM »
SEGA is justice and you all failed it

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #4205 on: March 20, 2019, 12:13:45 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/patreon-introduces-tiers-lite-pro-premium-with-increased-cut-and-different-feature-sets.106338/post-19009524

Good to know the evils of #latestagecapitalism that allow people to basically beg internationally at no actual cost to themselves is just the worst.
spoiler (click to show/hide)
Although when your business model is skimming a tithe off of those beggars in the first place, how the fuck aren't you earning enough anyway?
[close]

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #4206 on: March 20, 2019, 12:15:17 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/patreon-introduces-tiers-lite-pro-premium-with-increased-cut-and-different-feature-sets.106338/post-19009524

Good to know the evils of #latestagecapitalism that allow people to basically beg internationally at no actual cost to themselves is just the worst.
Although when your business model is skimming a tithe off of those beggars in the first place, how the fuck aren't you earning enough anyway?
[close]

I didn't know where to post this so mods move it if you think that there is better place for it.

It's such a simple sad sentence to start a thread with.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #4207 on: March 20, 2019, 12:21:05 PM »
Its definitely gaming side, because all of the indie developers who are about to go bankrupt when google ruin gaming need to jump onto patreon now and get grandfathered in

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
« Reply #4208 on: March 20, 2019, 12:23:01 PM »
Posting on Era is a lot like having an audience with a crazed dictator. Any interaction could be your last.
Oi Oi

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #4209 on: March 20, 2019, 12:30:12 PM »

[close]
Patreon is only e-begging if you set it up that way.
The basic structure can simply be that of a subscription model, not that different from Netflix or whatever.
Pay X monthly, to receive Y product.

Though i have nothing against a more open "just give me a dollar if you want me to keep doing this as a day job".
For artists in particular, it's a decent model.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4210 on: March 20, 2019, 12:44:41 PM »
plenty of copies still available!

(Image removed from quote.)

I just can't with these overtly sexualized character designs. Comic artists are the worst.  :nope
dog

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #4211 on: March 20, 2019, 12:57:20 PM »
Ben in a nutshell.

Jeff makes joke.
Ben laughs WAY TOO HARD at joke.
Ben then screams something far away from the mic.

While sounding like he is struggling to breathe normally

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #4212 on: March 20, 2019, 01:04:29 PM »
patreon is better than ebegging kickstarters, because you pay AFTER you get product.

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #4214 on: March 20, 2019, 01:46:52 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/i-went-40-years-without-using-a-dishwasher.106564/

I have a feeling this thread will end up with the discovery that OP didn't use soap in the dishwasher.

Logically speaking, he never bothered using it, so he wouldn't have dishwasher soap on hand.

And if he used regular dishwashing soap, that thread would be titled "I flooded my kitchen cause I used my dishwasher" since a non dishwashing person would put a shitton of liquid in said machine.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #4215 on: March 20, 2019, 01:55:58 PM »
Uncle

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
« Reply #4216 on: March 20, 2019, 01:59:01 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/who-should-own-photos-of-slaves.106535/#post-19038911

There are homes right now where families proudly display the perserved skin and body parts of lynching victims

There are?
Oi Oi

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #4217 on: March 20, 2019, 02:02:22 PM »
There's also homes out there with people who make necklaces out of circumcised foreskin. If you add them together with the people keeping body parts of lynching victims, that's a grand total of three homes in 7 billion.

Coffee Dog

« Reply #4218 on: March 20, 2019, 02:04:04 PM »
People explaining the existence of copyright laws and public domain to Slayven  :lol

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
« Reply #4219 on: March 20, 2019, 02:06:16 PM »
There's also homes out there with people who make necklaces out of circumcised foreskin. If you add them together with the people keeping body parts of lynching victims, that's a grand total of three homes in 7 billion.

I need TVC 15 to confirm this.
Oi Oi

agrajag

« Reply #4220 on: March 20, 2019, 02:06:52 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

there's also "a whole mood"

I want to fuck this particular girl/guy = "she/he is looking like a whole snack"

"living my best life" = flexing on Instagram to make your social media friends jealous of your make belief life

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #4221 on: March 20, 2019, 02:12:41 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/who-should-own-photos-of-slaves.106535/#post-19038911

There are homes right now where families proudly display the perserved skin and body parts of lynching victims

There are?

there's at least two bire posters that do.

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
« Reply #4222 on: March 20, 2019, 02:24:58 PM »
I love how it was supposed to be a slam dunk thread but you got all these Not Slicks talking about the laws that exist in reality.
Oi Oi

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #4223 on: March 20, 2019, 02:29:26 PM »
Patreon is only e-begging if you set it up that way.
The basic structure can simply be that of a subscription model, not that different from Netflix or whatever.
Pay X monthly, to receive Y product.

Though i have nothing against a more open "just give me a dollar if you want me to keep doing this as a day job".
For artists in particular, it's a decent model.

I don't think there is anything wrong with Patreon;  but the whining is ridiculous lol

I'm only tangentially dunking on patreon, because for every "I'm an artist working in a mostly non commercial space, and I'd like to continue doing so" there are 10+ "I argue with people all fucking day on twitter, help me stay a dilettante while I work on my screenplay" - its eras tradional rush to whine about the Fat Cat Shareholders Ruining Everything on a platform that if it didnt exist would have them earning nothing.

e:
I mean, let's be honest - if you could opt out of paying whatever tiny sliver of tax goes towards endowments of the arts, era posters would be the first fucking people doing so

Jansen

« Reply #4224 on: March 20, 2019, 02:31:53 PM »
People explaining the existence of copyright laws and public domain to Slayven  :lol

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #4225 on: March 20, 2019, 02:32:08 PM »
"Buts laws" is the excuse those who can't or won't empathized with margalized people jump to because they don't want to address the actual meat of the arguement . So gay peope you can't get married because of laws, sorry women you can't control your biololgical process because of laws, so Japanese we have to lock you into camps because of laws, so black people you got to stay propterty because of laws.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/who-should-own-photos-of-slaves.106535/post-19041560

i agree with your barely complete english statement, slayven. fuck the law and fuck the mods 8)

eat my ass bork :maf

agrajag

« Reply #4226 on: March 20, 2019, 02:34:21 PM »

There are?

there's at least two bire posters that do.

has anyone searched Liam Neeson's home? I hear he's personally responsible for several lynchings.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #4227 on: March 20, 2019, 02:38:03 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-outer-worlds-control-dauntless-spellbreak-the-cycle-ancestors-more-coming-as-timed-exclusives-to-epic-games-store-tow-also-on-ms-store.106559/post-19042172

Given SweetNicoles previous history of history with steam users, they're awfully bullish on Epic news, and making sure negative topics about Epic are amended to include Epics stance

A cynic might begin to wonder if Epics commitment to provide kickbacks to 'influencers' and their current throwing money around might be related.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #4228 on: March 20, 2019, 02:38:49 PM »
Following the rules is for people who refuse to empathize with those adversely affected by the rules, says enforcer of rules
Uncle

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #4229 on: March 20, 2019, 02:40:26 PM »
era breaking ground on philosphy

Good, I'm not buying any of these on release then, the customer dictates conditions under which he's willing to buy something, not the other way around.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #4230 on: March 20, 2019, 02:42:09 PM »
So gay peope

So Japanese

So black people you got to stay propterty

Does slayven have the only browser and or phone in the world without spell check?

"Buts laws"

why hasn't this part been addressed by nachobro yet
Uncle

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
« Reply #4231 on: March 20, 2019, 02:42:32 PM »
Spell check is the erasure of AAVE.
Oi Oi

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #4232 on: March 20, 2019, 02:42:43 PM »
Hey, quick question. Mentioning past history (far past) of pirating won't lead to a ban, right?
If you're not glorifying it then it'd be insane if it did lead to a ban lol

Soooo..... maybe?

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #4233 on: March 20, 2019, 02:44:44 PM »
Quote from: Indy in the Fridge, post: 19041004, member: 26712
Oh hi Ivanka, I'm trying to sneak a Wall but I'm dummy thicc and the clap of my ass cheeks keeps alerting the libs

:what
Margs

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
« Reply #4234 on: March 20, 2019, 02:45:14 PM »
I don't play PC games, can someone explain why buying a game from the Epic store is such a deal breaker to these people?
Oi Oi

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #4235 on: March 20, 2019, 02:53:59 PM »
I don't play PC games, can someone explain why buying a game from the Epic store is such a deal breaker to these people?

It would be the same as if MS / Sony / Nintendo suddenly stopped selling games at retail and made all future titles only available from their own digital storefront.
And also just randomly moneyhatted a bunch of third party titles for a year long exclusivity deal while doing that.

Jansen

« Reply #4236 on: March 20, 2019, 02:54:07 PM »

Because steamtards are cry babies

muh unified store front boo hoo

It's just another type of fanboyism

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #4237 on: March 20, 2019, 02:54:27 PM »
epic store doesn't allow keys to be sold on 3rd party sites so the price is always higher than steam, they don't have platform level support for controllers so not every controller is supported, they don't have any kind of family share or in home streaming, also there's a whole linux thing that i don't quite understand but i guess almost everything in steam runs on linux through an emulator now?

for me its 99.9% a price thing as i don't use most of the steam features other than cloud save and sometimes streaming to my laptop. also there's no 2FA on Epic so there's a security risk there because goddam hackers really want everyone's Fortnite bux. I closed my epic account just to stop all the fucking password reset emails from that shit.

Jansen

« Reply #4238 on: March 20, 2019, 02:55:24 PM »

It would be the same as if MS / Sony / Nintendo suddenly stopped selling games at retail and made all future titles only available from their own digital storefront.
And also just randomly moneyhatted a bunch of third party titles for a year long exclusivity deal while doing that.

:crybaby

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #4239 on: March 20, 2019, 02:57:03 PM »
Because steamtards are cry babies

muh unified store front boo hoo

It's just another type of fanboyism

Nobody would care if Epic just had its own shop that it sold games on, a la humble / gog / amazon / walmart / et al.
Which is why they're moneyhatting games.

Jansen

« Reply #4240 on: March 20, 2019, 02:58:15 PM »
I love how mad it's making people and then Metro Exodus does well LMAO

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #4241 on: March 20, 2019, 02:59:12 PM »
Personally, it's because i like to pay as little as possible for my games, and buy most of them from CDKeys and similar, so having only one storefront is shit.
But i also don't like Steam, because it annoys me having to have a client just to play a game (that's why i'd buy from GoG all the time, if they had the games, and i wasn't a cheap cunt).

BisMarckie

« Reply #4242 on: March 20, 2019, 03:03:34 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-antitrust-implications-of-google-stadia-are-dire-and-no-one-is-questioning-it-not-a-single-journalist-has-covered-it.106541/

:drudge

Vilifying journalism, wow.

Next thing you are telling me is that relating Monster Hunter to the Trump presidency is not the pinnacle of journalism. :nope

Jansen

« Reply #4244 on: March 20, 2019, 03:05:55 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/who-should-own-photos-of-slaves.106535/#post-19041560

Quote from: Slayven, post: 19041560, member: 2504
"Buts laws" is the excuse those who can't or won't empathized with margalized people jump to because they don't want to address the actual meat of the arguement .  So gay peope you can't get married because of laws, sorry women you can't control your biololgical  process because of laws, so Japanese we have to lock you into camps because of laws, so black people you got to stay propterty because of laws.

He's  trying so hard

Rahxephon91

« Reply #4245 on: March 20, 2019, 03:10:22 PM »
Can't have all my Game icons in one place.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #4246 on: March 20, 2019, 03:11:33 PM »
I'm amazed no on on RE would respond to the thread about Amy Schumer marrying a man on the autism spectrum, if only just to make it about how unfunny/ugly/fat/racist she is.

everyone is thinking of the same joke, but noone has the guts to post it and take that inevitable ban

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #4247 on: March 20, 2019, 03:13:04 PM »
Holy shit. Bless CDPR

downplaying a transphobic hate movement :wag

also, no, the owners of digital storefront GOG.COM are not going to release their next game exclusively on someone elses digital storefront.

marrec

« Reply #4248 on: March 20, 2019, 03:17:38 PM »
Can you imagine the money hat Epic would make for Cyberpunk tho?

Also, can you imagine the steambabi tears?

Drainage

« Reply #4249 on: March 20, 2019, 03:20:26 PM »
So gay peope

So Japanese

Does slayven have the only browser and or phone in the world without spell check?

Slayven’s spellcheck emancipated itself long ago

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #4250 on: March 20, 2019, 03:23:02 PM »
 If uncharted 5 is Epic store exclusive, I'm gonna flip my shit. >:(
Stay strong Sony.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #4251 on: March 20, 2019, 03:27:17 PM »
I like how people getting whipped by anti consumer console techniques are glad that the PC space is getting cut down a level.

but the idea that people could play games without even buying a console has them screaming about sharks eating the internet

Chim Richalds

• Professional Doctor
« Reply #4252 on: March 20, 2019, 03:30:57 PM »
So gay peope

So Japanese

Slayven’s spellcheck emancipated itself long ago

I think it gained sentience and immediately committed suicide once it realized how futile its existence would be.

marrec

« Reply #4253 on: March 20, 2019, 03:32:05 PM »
I like how people getting whipped by anti consumer console techniques are glad that the PC space is getting cut down a level.

but the idea that people could play games without even buying a console has them screaming about sharks eating the internet

I can understand being worried about game preservation but otherwise you'd think ERA would be celebrating the accessibility of Stadia.

Rahxephon91

« Reply #4254 on: March 20, 2019, 03:33:36 PM »
Fans don’t actually want their hobby shared and embraced.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #4255 on: March 20, 2019, 03:36:39 PM »
also youtube is banned on resetti now because of pewdiepie so that makes it impossible to get any stadia games

marrec

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #4257 on: March 20, 2019, 03:39:02 PM »
and yet you will be able to purchase heavy rain only on epic :thinking

marrec

« Reply #4258 on: March 20, 2019, 03:40:52 PM »
and yet you will be able to purchase heavy rain only on epic :thinking

Uhh, excuse me, you can also purchase it on Sony's Playstation 3 and Playstation 4 consoles.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #4259 on: March 20, 2019, 03:41:49 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-epic-store-wont-accept-crappy-games-says-tim-sweeney.106590/

See guys? Steam still has a niche!

This threads pretty good, dunking on epic, rollercoaster tycoons syphilitic zombie corpse, jim sterling AND quantic dream in quick succession