Author Topic: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible  (Read 3795525 times)

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
Re: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible
« Reply #44880 on: September 15, 2019, 12:22:56 AM »
directly asked for biological definition
provides biological definition from commonly accepted source of such definitions
asshole bringing up bullshit what fucking year is this?? ??
Biology that reinforces oppressive matrices against marginalized people is not a biology that will be on the right side of history.

benjipwns

« Reply #44881 on: September 15, 2019, 12:26:35 AM »
I do think that there should be a better term than "they" for non-binary persons. It sounds pretty confusing for people where English is not their first language. I'm no linguist but yeah, we need something new that feels more natural. That ze/xe stuff just didnt work at all, but 'they' just doesnt work well.
Pronouns are a personal matter and do not belong to the oppressors let alone require their celebration.

benjipwns

« Reply #44882 on: September 15, 2019, 12:28:01 AM »
Be better.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #44883 on: September 15, 2019, 12:52:43 AM »
the level of fart sniffing in that thread is off the charts

his old pronouns were the only correct pronouns until the precise moment when suddenly his new pronouns were the only correct pronouns

is this some bizarre form of no true scotsman?
 :isthis

user not banned for implying identity is a choice :confused

Tribal_Cult has a question

you know that's an interesting question let's learn the answer together

it appears the answer is every single fucking time

bonus post

:betty :betty :betty :betty :betty :betty :betty :betty :betty :betty
Uncle

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #44884 on: September 15, 2019, 12:59:51 AM »
I do think that there should be a better term than "they" for non-binary persons. It sounds pretty confusing for people where English is not their first language. I'm no linguist but yeah, we need something new that feels more natural. That ze/xe stuff just didnt work at all, but 'they' just doesnt work well.

they/them should be exclusively reserved for our plural system brothers and sisters, anyone else insisting on terms that could be interpreted as plural could be seen as mocking them/appropriating their plurality as a human who has decidedly not received any diagnosis or counseling that revealed their alters
Uncle

samir

« Reply #44885 on: September 15, 2019, 01:12:23 AM »
Let's change the usage of a word to cater to 0.00001% of the population :brain

thetylerrob

« Reply #44886 on: September 15, 2019, 01:19:23 AM »
https://twitter.com/SonicFox5000/status/1172597487560994821

It's really quite simple you bigots, being non binary tastes the same as being trans only this time with 0 calories!

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #44887 on: September 15, 2019, 01:24:16 AM »

It's really quite simple you bigots, being non binary tastes the same as being trans only this time with 0 calories!

:dead
Uncle

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #44888 on: September 15, 2019, 01:25:21 AM »
Someone posts this as an example of how easy it is.

but I keep thinking, "Well, what did they call them?  A bitch, a dirty thief, what?"

They/Them is very confusing in writing.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/sam-smith-comes-out-as-non-binary-see-staff-post-for-discussion-guidelines.140896/post-24520396
sigh

clothedmacuser

« Reply #44889 on: September 15, 2019, 01:29:52 AM »
Honestly, I knew it the first time I heard "Writings on the Wall" from SPECTRE

It just sounds non-binary as does Sam's singing

They totally sing like a non-binary, that's how I knew it.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/sam-smith-comes-out-as-non-binary-see-staff-post-for-discussion-guidelines.140896/post-24520996
sigh

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #44890 on: September 15, 2019, 02:03:55 AM »
The Fabled Englishman didn't receive the memos...

https://www.resetera.com/threads/young-australian-couple-traveling-across-asia-to-prove-how-safe-travel-is-held-in-prison-in-iran-for-3-months-now.141057/post-24539397

Is that really your assessment of the 50 billion 'x while black' threads that surface every week? There's plenty of sympathy to go around.

Evidently, I'm talking about Era. Are you telling me that there's an epidemic of shitting on PoC on this forum specifically? If so, could you point out some examples?

I did not claim that there is an epidemic of 'shitting on white people' on Era. I was responding to the original assertion that there is a demonstrable difference in the way PoC and 'white' victims are treated on Era.

ERA is the most racist place on the Internet at the exception of all others. :wag
ὕβρις

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #44891 on: September 15, 2019, 02:31:43 AM »

If I use "Seat Switching Cheat" instead, is that kosher CheatingFox?

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #44892 on: September 15, 2019, 02:32:35 AM »
Broke: Blasians
Woke: Gaysians

Bespoke: Gaysian Blasians. :phil

benjipwns

« Reply #44893 on: September 15, 2019, 03:00:48 AM »
my correct pronouns are inexpressible in human language and exist solely as electrical signals that represent emotions

i discovered that my proper identity is a non-terrestrial, i exist purely as concept within the mindbody of celestial personifications

i am the endpoint of narratives against the state undergoing millennia of entropy
« Last Edit: September 15, 2019, 03:05:57 AM by benjipwns »

benjipwns

« Reply #44894 on: September 15, 2019, 03:07:03 AM »
if you misgender me i will collapse the local multiverse

benjipwns

« Reply #44895 on: September 15, 2019, 03:08:39 AM »
the only living concept i recognize as a higher level narrative is recursivelyenumerable

clothedmacuser

« Reply #44896 on: September 15, 2019, 03:11:21 AM »
Yeah, it's essential that I hang out with people who vote for politicians that want me and my friends dead. Please.

Friendship is not a charity. If you want to change the hearts and minds of conservatives, go join a campaign.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/can-you-be-friends-with-people-you%E2%80%99re-not-completely-politically-aligned-with.141120/post-24544627

Good thing we in the US can't vote in those red nations.  Also, that's kind of racist to hate so many Africans.  Oh wait, the nation is not the people unless it's Israel.

sigh

VomKriege

• Do the moron
ὕβρις

benjipwns

« Reply #44898 on: September 15, 2019, 03:22:37 AM »
Why does that person think anyone cares about them enough to want them dead?
No, they just want to deny them chances to participate in society, work, and culture, while also depriving them of health care and economic benefits. So they might as well want me dead.
Oh, so what they actually mean is not that anyone wants them dead, just that they'd rather do literally anything, including die, than accept opposing political ideas existing.

same poster:
Politics is an intellectual exercise to the privileged.
Compared to...? I still have no idea what this is even supposed to mean when ResetERA.com posters use it. What are they ever doing regarding politics that's not from a position of majorly privileged? They actively even refuse to debate or discuss politics with anyone who doesn't agree.

It isn't about honesty, it's about safety. I have had students, roommates and co-workers make jokes at the expense of Jewish, gay, and mentally ill people, of which I am all three, sometimes directed at me. How do I know someone's bigotry is selective? How do I know the person making jokes about other groups isn't saying those jokes about me behind my back (nevermind that such a thing is abhorrent to begin with)?
Safety. From jokes.

This isn't a fucking game, dude. It doesn't feel "good" to have our right to live and function challenged. People's lives are on the line. I'm a bisexual autistic Jew. Republicans want me dead. Dead.
Immediately back to attempting to manipulate the discourse into a position of radical partisanship without having to discuss specifics.

Conclusion: this person is not a danger to anyone and will be forever irrelevant. Pay them no heed. Instead focus on practical political problems like how best to eliminate the state.

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #44899 on: September 15, 2019, 03:24:44 AM »
fine benji, if you insist, collapse reality

EightBitNate

• I don’t wanna be horny anymore, I wanna be happy
« Reply #44900 on: September 15, 2019, 03:33:07 AM »
Just got a GAF style pop-up ad on RE.

benjipwns

« Reply #44901 on: September 15, 2019, 03:37:26 AM »
fine benji, if you insist, collapse reality
Open your mind bigot, your local multiverse is not all of reality.

benjipwns

« Reply #44902 on: September 15, 2019, 03:42:38 AM »
what would a "trope" name for something in a game where reality or the world is literally collapsing at the end of it, Prince of Persia (2008) does it but Giant Bomb doesn't have anything in their "concepts" for anything like it

benjipwns

« Reply #44903 on: September 15, 2019, 03:45:31 AM »
13 GAMES THAT LET YOU PLAY OUT THE END OF THE WORLD
IT'S THE END OF THE WORD AS WE KNOW IT, AND WE'RE STILL PLAYING...

The apocalypse is a terrifying thing, one which we really hope won't happen in our lifetime (though, I mean, *gestures vaguely towards everything happening right now*), but VIDEO GAMES give us an amazing opportunity: to play out the death of the world over and over again.

Here are 13 post-apocalyptic games that absolutely bang...
no no no no no, not this at all, the world still exists in a post-apocalyptic game and has clearly not ended, playing through the "end of the world" would at best be the events prior to these games

benjipwns

« Reply #44904 on: September 15, 2019, 03:49:27 AM »
Half-Life 2 amirite :ohyou

clothedmacuser

« Reply #44905 on: September 15, 2019, 04:04:17 AM »
same poster:
Politics is an intellectual exercise to the privileged.
Compared to...? I still have no idea what this is even supposed to mean when ResetERA.com posters use it. What are they ever doing regarding politics that's not from a position of majorly privileged? They actively even refuse to debate or discuss politics with anyone who doesn't agree.

Era: Where this is the intersection of sex and politics.

sigh

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #44906 on: September 15, 2019, 04:07:31 AM »
my correct pronouns are inexpressible in human language and exist solely as electrical signals that represent emotions

i discovered that my proper identity is a non-terrestrial, i exist purely as concept within the mindbody of celestial personifications

i am the endpoint of narratives against the state undergoing millennia of entropy

if you misgender me i will collapse the local multiverse
the only living concept i recognize as a higher level narrative is recursivelyenumerable

That’s true.

Margs

benjipwns

« Reply #44907 on: September 15, 2019, 04:13:11 AM »
So yeah, I agree very much in "fuck the media". I'd like to think my great grandparents were saying the same thing in the gilded age when they had to deal with a nonsense media that was working against the interests of the people in pursuit of profits and protecting the top class.
:rofl

benjipwns

« Reply #44908 on: September 15, 2019, 04:15:09 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/trying-to-be-more-informed-about-palestine-israel.140905/
I'm trying to become more informed about the Palestine/Israel (conflict? i dont lknow what word to use here.) and my reading always come back to things along the lines of "if you are anti-israel, then you are an anti-semite"

im just trying to wrap my head around how being 'anti-' a governmental body makes someone an anti-semite.

also because of the pdp thread, i was wanting to learn about the good and bad of the ADL, can anyone point me in some direction?

or some sourced about the relationship between the two areas that you'd recommend.

thanks

benjipwns

« Reply #44909 on: September 15, 2019, 04:28:26 AM »
what's going on in PoliERA
Quote from: Kirblar
And Bernie Sanders endorses Rent Control because of course the economically illiterate fuck would.
Quote from: Kirblar
He includes it because he actively chooses bad economic theory over good because he's incapable of learning and adapting.
It's going to make it even more infurating when Kavanaugh votes to overturn Roe v Wade and Obergefell v Heller.
Just like with Biden's answers on race, at some point people have to accept that the NYT aren't making "mistakes" they're showing a pattern of how shitty they are.
Tulsi has been on the Biden bandwagon this cycle
weird how The Only Anti-War Candidate has been cheerleading someone who happily voted for Iraq this much
Not allowed except for Bernie who can be forgiven for voting for the Crime Bill.
And who's excused for his genuinely bad positions on guns and was just quietly building a multi-racial coalition in 95% white Vermont all those years.
I think my favorite was arguing with a friend about it and he was like “well OF COURSE Bernie had to vote for the crime bill, because he supported the good parts that were in it!”
If Trump loses the election he will not go away quietly. He's going to tear the country apart. He'll start his own network and claim to be the real President.
The only reason he ran at all was purely to spite Obama.
Ugh, imagining a nightmare scenario where he loses next year but isn't sent to prison
so same ol same ol, where's Mercury Fred to liven things up? :-\

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #44910 on: September 15, 2019, 04:32:02 AM »
There are two genders. Fucking pick one. We have the means and the legal framework to allow people to choose their physical gender so why the fuck are people using they/them?
Spud

benjipwns

« Reply #44911 on: September 15, 2019, 04:39:44 AM »
Some people don't wanna. Why do you want them dead?

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #44912 on: September 15, 2019, 04:48:17 AM »
My personal pronouns are the n-word and the f-word. Please use them in the future.

Himu

« Reply #44913 on: September 15, 2019, 04:52:42 AM »
How can you be gay but say you’re non binary? Being gay means you like the same gender. But you lack a gender identity. Or is SonicFox queer? I don’t know anymore.
IYKYK

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #44914 on: September 15, 2019, 04:55:15 AM »
Probably autigender, the gender only autists understand.

Edit: You'd think this is just an awful joke, but it's apparently something that is "real".

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #44915 on: September 15, 2019, 05:20:07 AM »
I still identify as a god so use the divine/holiness please.

"Holiness made a good point"

"I saw the divine walking across the street"

Thank you for understanding and respecting an opressed minority. Not many of us gods left after the Greek massacre you know.
It isn’t as normalized in this environment, and am trying to change that in this space! It’s been working well!!!
« Last Edit: September 15, 2019, 05:25:51 AM by Nintex »
🤴

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #44916 on: September 15, 2019, 05:27:33 AM »
Which minority am I a part of if I'm into this?

每天生气

Snoopycat_

« Reply #44917 on: September 15, 2019, 05:27:39 AM »

SmokyDave

« Reply #44918 on: September 15, 2019, 05:29:35 AM »
There are two genders. Fucking pick one. We have the means and the legal framework to allow people to choose their physical gender so why the fuck are people using they/them?
I dunno man. Been thinking on this one for a while. I don’t see myself as a gender, but as my biological sex. I pick and choose the things that I like without regard to whether others feel my likes are appropriate to my biological sex. The concept of gender is thoroughly irrelevant to me. Does this make me non-binary? Assuming that it did, I wouldn’t even think of changing my pronouns. I understand why everyone would naturally address me as he / him, and it wouldn’t bother me in the slightest as I am biologically male.

I understand the trans thing, as well as I can anyway. Non-binary I just don’t get. If you reject something, you typically don’t hang it around your neck and carry it everywhere with you, you just forget about it and move on.

Cracks me up that there is a test in the Non-Binary OT on reset that tells you how masculine / feminine you are.

This might qualify as a care post in which case, I’m off for a shower.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #44919 on: September 15, 2019, 05:43:58 AM »
Guy/girl his/her is a great way to narrow down who you're talking about when you don't know the person's name. No different from old/young short/tall.

Using they/their isn't "rejecting labels" you're just embracing one that's slightly more cumbersome to say, and for what? Because you want to be special?

Just because Dave and I may reject gender-norms doesn't mean we have to reject language norms.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #44920 on: September 15, 2019, 05:56:30 AM »
Well it's going to be easy to explain the state of politics in 2021

They did not vote  :teehee
🤴

clothedmacuser

« Reply #44921 on: September 15, 2019, 05:59:29 AM »
I'll call you Gertrude/Gertrudal if you want just don't expect me to remember it every time and especially don't think I'll assume I should call you that when I first meet  you.
sigh

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #44922 on: September 15, 2019, 06:01:25 AM »
Fun fact, you can annoy mods and the deputy mods on era by using they/their and proper names instead of pronouns, and it takes about 6 pages before they make up transphobia bans.

benjipwns

« Reply #44923 on: September 15, 2019, 06:05:08 AM »
I dunno man. Been thinking on this one for a while. I don’t see myself as a gender, but as my biological sex. I pick and choose the things that I like without regard to whether others feel my likes are appropriate to my biological sex. The concept of gender is thoroughly irrelevant to me. Does this make me non-binary? Assuming that it did, I wouldn’t even think of changing my pronouns. I understand why everyone would naturally address me as he / him, and it wouldn’t bother me in the slightest as I am biologically male.

I understand the trans thing, as well as I can anyway. Non-binary I just don’t get. If you reject something, you typically don’t hang it around your neck and carry it everywhere with you, you just forget about it and move on.

Cracks me up that there is a test in the Non-Binary OT on reset that tells you how masculine / feminine you are.
It's the gender version of how if you "don't stereotype based on race" you're the actual racist. The OT for example literally tells you to accept gender norms simply to defy them in order to declare yourself non-binary. Instead of being a girl/boy who has their own interests you now must first recognize and accept the gender dynamics established by The Powers That Be and realize that when you cross them you have not established yourself as an individual but instead transcended the very concept of gender itself to enter into a new group known as "non-binary" in which gender norms are rejected except when they crosscut to help establish ones lack of following gender norms.

Nepenthe's demands for an universal reality for all black people is similar in its perversion of ideas in the simple pursuit of power. The power to tut-tut people on the internet.

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #44924 on: September 15, 2019, 06:11:02 AM »
I can call myself a reptile...doesn't give me scales and cold blood though.
Spud

benjipwns

« Reply #44925 on: September 15, 2019, 06:21:06 AM »
It fixes a flaw they did not foresee in trying to push the "misgendering is genocide" weapon regarding transgender people. It's one way, and seemingly permanent, one a person learns your new pronouns it's over if they're accepting. If they're doing it deliberately to be a jerk, even then they grasp the concept, they just refuse to do it for whatever reason. And it's too easy, even for bigots, to pretend to accept it like they did the homos then post their hatred on YouTube or local news story comments.

But this allows a permanent state in which you can never do it correctly because they can always discover that their pronouns are ones you didn't know about and thus your genocide of them will never end. Permanent place atop the progressive stack achieved. Checkmate.

benjipwns

« Reply #44926 on: September 15, 2019, 06:21:25 AM »
It's the gender version of how if you "don't stereotype based on race" you're the actual racist. The OT for example literally tells you to accept gender norms simply to defy them in order to declare yourself non-binary. Instead of being a girl/boy who has their own interests you now must first recognize and accept the gender dynamics established by The Powers That Be and realize that when you cross them you have not established yourself as an individual but instead transcended the very concept of gender itself to enter into a new group known as "non-binary" in which gender norms are rejected except when they crosscut to help establish ones lack of following gender norms.

Nepenthe's demands for an universal reality for all black people is similar in its perversion of ideas in the simple pursuit of power. The power to tut-tut people on the internet.
It fixes a flaw they did not foresee in trying to push the "misgendering is genocide" weapon regarding transgender people. It's one way, and seemingly permanent, one a person learns your new pronouns it's over if they're accepting. If they're doing it deliberately to be a jerk, even then they grasp the concept, they just refuse to do it for whatever reason. And it's too easy, even for bigots, to pretend to accept it like they did the homos then post their hatred on YouTube or local news story comments.

But this allows a permanent state in which you can never do it correctly because they can always discover that their pronouns are ones you didn't know about and thus your genocide of them will never end. Permanent place atop the progressive stack achieved. Checkmate.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #44927 on: September 15, 2019, 06:26:22 AM »
In today's episode of things which definitely happened

https://www.resetera.com/threads/i%E2%80%99m-smoking-weed-tonight-for-the-first-time.141113/page-2#post-24539742

Oh, if you listen to music while high, it feels like there is a private concert being played just for you behind your eyes and between your ears. It's fucking amazing.

That's how you know it's legit, that's totally the one way you feel when you are high on substances, a state I have a lot of experience with and I enter on the regular with my drug friendly cool friends I hang out with.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2019, 06:32:31 AM by VomKriege »
ὕβρις

shosta

« Reply #44928 on: September 15, 2019, 06:30:22 AM »

That's a really disingenuous interpretation. Everyone's existence is unique and subjectively experienced and thus any self professed identity has to be evaluated against the terms of its own logic, not a universal one. A person who has decided to reject gender boundaries is pursuing an act of personal liberation by stepping outside of the constraints of the gender role that has been determined for them by society's acknowledgement of their sex. A person who has decided to participate in the gender role opposite theirs is also pursuing a personal act of liberation by examining the range of roles that society offers them and then choosing one, diametrically opposed to the traditional role that was paired with their sex. In a free society both of these choices are perfectly valid and should be acknowledged and respected just like any other choice. In the same way that the state imposes itself to control a person's entire life through violence, the sum total of cultural interactions between the individual and society can seek to reinforce or discourage the individual's personal choices, thus the act of refusing to acknowledge a person's preference of identity is the cultural analogue to state violence. This act of refusal and counter-reinforcement is a sustained act of warfare on human liberation per se.

I could have explained this to you if you had just asked. Next time be better.
每天生气

clothedmacuser

« Reply #44929 on: September 15, 2019, 06:33:06 AM »
In today's episode of things which definitely happened

https://www.resetera.com/threads/i%E2%80%99m-smoking-weed-tonight-for-the-first-time.141113/page-2#post-24539742

Oh, if you listen to music while high, it feels like there is a private concert being played just for you behind your eyes and between your ears. It's fucking amazing.

That's how you know it's legit, that's totally the one way you feel when you are high on substances, a state I have a lot of experience with and I enter on the regular with my drug friendly cool friends I hang out with.

That is either a 13-year-old from a fundamentalist church or a narcotics officer.
sigh

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #44930 on: September 15, 2019, 06:53:11 AM »
Those Spiderman threads have broken the Poe barrier something wild :

lmao did you forgot the amazing spiderman that quickly
fuck sony, pos company
fuck them
boycott all their pictures

Also a better film than most of the MCU, again no war criminal lionizing.

what the hell are you talking about

Did you forget how Spider Man: Far From Home, was about how Peter had to inherit the legacy of Billionaire War Criminal and his Drone Strike Glasses and how that's totally a good thing he needed to have.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/sony-made-a-tragic-mistake-taking-spider-man-out-of-the-mcu-joe-russo-says.141114/post-24536870
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #44931 on: September 15, 2019, 06:58:19 AM »
I really want to know what the original terms of the deal between Marvel and Sony was. It must be a doozy, or else Disney would have just taken Spider-Man back by force by now.

Any. Means. Necessary.
ὕβρις

benjipwns

« Reply #44932 on: September 15, 2019, 06:59:14 AM »
That's a really disingenuous interpretation. Everyone's existence is unique and subjectively experienced and thus any self professed identity has to be evaluated against the terms of its own logic, not a universal one. A person who has decided to reject gender boundaries is pursuing an act of personal liberation by stepping outside of the constraints of the gender role that has been determined for them by society's acknowledgement of their sex. A person who has decided to participate in the gender role opposite theirs is also pursuing a personal act of liberation by examining the range of roles that society offers them and then choosing one, diametrically opposed to the traditional role that was paired with their sex. In a free society both of these choices are perfectly valid and should be acknowledged and respected just like any other choice. In the same way that the state imposes itself to control a person's entire life through violence, the sum total of cultural interactions between the individual and society can seek to reinforce or discourage the individual's personal choices, thus the act of refusing to acknowledge a person's preference of identity is the cultural analogue to state violence. This act of refusal and counter-reinforcement is a sustained act of warfare on human liberation per se.

BIONIC

« Reply #44933 on: September 15, 2019, 07:00:46 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/has-the-age-of-amiibo-finished.141176/#post-24547666

Quote from: Kyuuji, post: 24547666, member: 31943
I’ve literally got 20 queued up in orders on Nintendo UK for when they release lol.
Link’s Awakening hype.

:salute
Margs

shosta

« Reply #44934 on: September 15, 2019, 07:02:35 AM »

Sophistry at its finest. This seemingly logical appeal to freedom exposes its foundational fraud in its very argument, the whole edifice collapsing by simple definitional examination. In true dialectical fashion, the terminology actually brings forth its own negation, annihilating itself at the very moment it is uttered. Allow me to explain.

Structurally speaking the terminology deployed can only point to our own ideations of reality, not reality itself. This is the contradiction between signifier and signified. Specifically: in our head, there used to be the term man and woman. These symbols encompassed not only categorical definitions of sexually differentiated humans but also contained the appropriate societal roles for them. Then, in the last few decades, a positive development from our linguistic bondage: a branch of gender theory finally distinguished the (fluid) roles that gendered individuals were given, from the truth of their biology, and then unearthed and cherished the people who had reversed these roles or challenged them in history. This pivotal moment was radical, in its separation of the biological from the cultural, but was still in essence a form of societal bondage. Rather than do away with the cruel semiotics imposed on humanity, the transgender movement sought to move humans between the two freely. This is no more liberating than telling someone that, instead of having one master, they may now choose from two. Rather than perceive the historical movement as a whole, the transgender movement invested itself in oscillation between less and less significant roles in society, roles which are steadily colliding into total equivalence by the year.

There is an even worse tragedy. Transgenderism, as ideology, is not only useless, unliberating, or irrelevant; it is actually a reactionary ideology. When a man declares himself a woman, she is seeking to embrace the language of the oppressive culture, the very language which reproduces the society she declares too restrictive. We think in terms of our semiotics, and our thoughts produce our society, and so we must throw out the one if we are to change the other.

Thus, the only proper thing to do is to reject everyone's gender. Let people act as they please; but inform them you will not be party in using their oppressive language, or acknowledging their self enslavement. Just as I might refuse to bow to a king or pray to a god, I will not use anyone's pronouns, transgender or not. Only the nonbinary movement has the clarity of thought and the revolutionary character to be ethically correct.
每天生气

BIONIC

« Reply #44935 on: September 15, 2019, 07:05:26 AM »
Shonda retire bitch
Margs

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #44936 on: September 15, 2019, 07:05:29 AM »
Thanks professor

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #44937 on: September 15, 2019, 07:10:33 AM »
Yeah, everybody knows that part. But there's got to be some kind of "what if" clause in there somewhere that prevents Marvel from just tearing up the contract and paying some kind of fine or something. Whatever that part is, it's got to be an incredible penalty for Disney to not just say "fuck it" and pull the trigger.

That's called "law" apparently ? What a weird clause !

https://www.resetera.com/threads/sony-made-a-tragic-mistake-taking-spider-man-out-of-the-mcu-joe-russo-says.141114/post-24537260
ὕβρις

BIONIC

« Reply #44938 on: September 15, 2019, 07:18:20 AM »
Quote from: Rhennik, post: 24547697, member: 7092
As someone who foolishly collected close to 90 of these stupid things, it's been a huge relief to see Nintendo massively cut back on releasing new ones. I have no more room for them, and my amiibo fever died down years ago. Now I mainly buy them out of a sick sense of obligation, not because I actually want another hunk of plastic cluttering up my room.

It's honestly a shame I have to pick another one up in six days when Link's Awakening releases.

:salute
Margs

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #44939 on: September 15, 2019, 07:18:54 AM »
Quote from: excelsheet
Who wouldn't put Feige on a pedestal.

White cishet Poland based Russian alt right bot males. That's who.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/sony-made-a-tragic-mistake-taking-spider-man-out-of-the-mcu-joe-russo-says.141114/post-24541317
« Last Edit: September 15, 2019, 07:23:11 AM by VomKriege »
ὕβρις