Author Topic: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible  (Read 3797355 times)

bdoughty

Re: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible
« Reply #49560 on: October 14, 2019, 12:10:01 PM »
and Bork, forgot how much I liked Bork. Maybe it was the one with the dog avatar? 

marrec

« Reply #49561 on: October 14, 2019, 12:10:42 PM »
If you're over the age of 15, and do not have children under the age of 15, and you subscribe to Disney +, you should be on a watch list

Our Disney + Subscription is in my name but it's my wife's fault

daemon

« Reply #49562 on: October 14, 2019, 12:11:39 PM »
Twitter should add an apology format
And instead of like/retweet there's accept/reject.
Something something fast forward this scenario and we have Execute/Spare twitter irl in <20 years.

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #49563 on: October 14, 2019, 12:19:52 PM »
Before that as part of a joint program to eliminate bots from the service they shift the buttons to say person/unperson.

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #49564 on: October 14, 2019, 12:21:46 PM »
If you're over the age of 15, and do not have children under the age of 15, and you subscribe to Disney +, you should be on a watch list

Youre already on the watch list so I guess its ok?
:O

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
« Reply #49565 on: October 14, 2019, 12:26:56 PM »
The notion that Disney plus will carve out a chunk of Netflix subscribers is funny. Netflix has shows for adults and kids.
Oi Oi

benjipwns

« Reply #49566 on: October 14, 2019, 12:27:23 PM »
it's my wife's fault
How often does she have to say "No! You're not holding my hand. I'm leaving"?

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #49568 on: October 14, 2019, 12:41:00 PM »
If you are 15, and have children of 15, you should be on the X-Men watch list.

marrec

« Reply #49569 on: October 14, 2019, 12:45:30 PM »

It's not like they can list me twice lol checkmate feds

bdoughty

« Reply #49570 on: October 14, 2019, 12:53:27 PM »
Trump is going to win by a landslide... :(

Nah, the Dems got this...

https://twitter.com/ewarren/status/1183735509996228608

When you can't tell if it is the real account of the Democratic nominee or a parody account.

marrec

« Reply #49571 on: October 14, 2019, 12:58:18 PM »
Trump's gunna win because the Dems are doing away with Columbus Day?

That's where y'all draw the line?

Or, is it cause Warren had the Cherokee stuff?

nudemacusers

﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #49573 on: October 14, 2019, 01:01:30 PM »
Pocahontas Dolezal over here talking about respecting Native tribes :birb

marrec

« Reply #49574 on: October 14, 2019, 01:10:43 PM »
Pocahontas Dolezal over here talking about respecting Native tribes :birb

Trump's already taking advantage by tweeting racist things at Warren don't worry.

bdoughty

« Reply #49575 on: October 14, 2019, 01:22:37 PM »
Trump's already taking advantage by tweeting racist things at Warren don't worry.

Oh no, not tweeting racist things. How dare he, about someone so distinguished and honest. Let me pull out my cookbook from the 80's where she plagiarized recipes for Pow Wow Chow. Such a classy lady. It got dragged back up, only reason I mentioned it. Those crazy kids and their slang way back when. Just Imagine if she dared to write plagiarized recipes, in an Native American Cookbook, calming she was a Cherokee with that book title in today's society. Also one of the recopies she wrote had Mexican in the title. Appropriation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  She would be so cancelled.

« Last Edit: October 14, 2019, 01:28:19 PM by bdoughty »

marrec

« Reply #49576 on: October 14, 2019, 01:28:39 PM »

Oh no, not tweeting racist things. How dare he, about someone so distinguished and honest. Let me pull out my cookbook from the 80's where she plagiarized recipes for Pow Wow Chow. Such a classy lady. It got dragged back up, only reason I mentioned it. Those crazy kids and their slang way back when. Just Imagine if she dared to write plagiarized recipes, in an Native American Cookbook, calming she was a Cherokee with that book title. Also one of the recopies she wrote had Mexican in the title. Appropriation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  She would be so cancelled.

Wh... what?

bdoughty

« Reply #49577 on: October 14, 2019, 01:31:09 PM »
Wh... what?

Google it numbnuts. I would post these things in the political thread but it would get lost in the sea of Trump is the devil, our team is swell and they can do no wrong. The US PoliEra 2019 wannabe thread.

marrec

« Reply #49578 on: October 14, 2019, 01:33:25 PM »
Wh... what?

Google it numbnuts. I would post these things in the political thread but it would get lost in the sea of Trump is the devil, our team is swell and they can do no wrong.

:brain

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #49579 on: October 14, 2019, 01:35:45 PM »
my line was much funnier than that resetti tier rant :hmph

bdoughty

« Reply #49580 on: October 14, 2019, 01:36:15 PM »
It’s ok for Trump to be racist because of what a white lady did in the 80s.

That is simply one example. Even Trevor Noah went after her on it and he is one of your team's media players. Not to mention she held on to that "Cherokee" thing for a wee bit longer.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #49581 on: October 14, 2019, 01:37:03 PM »
speaking of respecting native cultures, why are all the allsups being gentrified on indigenous peoples day of all days? >:(

marrec

« Reply #49582 on: October 14, 2019, 01:40:45 PM »
DONT EVEN GET ME STARTED NACHO

Allsup's being sold to some Iowa conglomerate is the the opening of the 7th seal let the world burn I don't care anymore

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #49583 on: October 14, 2019, 01:42:58 PM »
also all the 7-11s here are being renamed to KD or some shit. It's weird as fuck and people here are HEATED about both things

bdoughty

« Reply #49584 on: October 14, 2019, 01:43:11 PM »
speaking of respecting native cultures, why are all the allsups being gentrified on indigenous peoples day of all days? >:(

The Burritos are staying put, that is the only reason to even venture into an Allsups.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #49585 on: October 14, 2019, 01:43:51 PM »
FACT CHECK: Where else am I to get flavored blunt wraps in the UNM area?

marrec

« Reply #49586 on: October 14, 2019, 01:48:01 PM »
My first job that the Government knew about was at an Allsups :(

I have a lot of memories of doing dirt in and around Allsups, that place is special man...

ShutUp

« Reply #49587 on: October 14, 2019, 01:54:13 PM »
Point one person in this thread annoyed at its performance

Well, you for one. Then go back through the first two pages, then some again on page five and six. Then someone calls the Marvel flicks shit for teenagers and Incel and one of the other boot lickers respond passive aggressively because the brigade there is so hilariously thin skinned. ERA loves doing this thing where they pretend stuff that is in fact being said in that very same thread, apparently isn’t actually being said.

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #49588 on: October 14, 2019, 01:54:37 PM »

Maybe Warren has a PLAN for that

(I don't like this slogan)

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #49589 on: October 14, 2019, 01:57:52 PM »
https://twitter.com/cushbomb/status/1180189025245773825

https://www.resetera.com/threads/martin-scorsese-clarifies-his-marvel-movies-comments-%E2%80%98there-is-only-one-spielberg-lucas.146751/post-25421958
Quote from: Alice
Welp, I guess people who find Scorce's statements unfair and a tad gatekeep-y are Nazis now, pack it in boys, the Anti-MCU crowd has reached their biggest low yet.

Sad to see that movie discourse on Era has reached this sort of level, but I guess some people just gotta feel good about their superior Cinema/Kino no matter the cost.
I wonder what pretentious crap should i be watching so that i can avoid being compared to MAGA dudes, just for liking some marvel movies.

Film snobs are the fucking worst.
I don't think you would be banned for saying Nintendo games are formulaic... but you would probably be banned for comparing Nintendo fans to white supremacists.

It's honestly pretty disturbing how many on the last page saw nothing wrong with that comparison. I'm not even that big of an MCU fan these days but it's really not a hill to die on.
I’m kinda not surprised by the people who liked that meme on the last page. Same ones who complain about the MCU on every thread while trying to keep the facade of “elevated cinema discussion”.
Quote from: bomma man
the point of the joke is not that you’re a racist for liking mcu, the point is that there are 300 marvel movies a year, that all make more money than god, that are all apparently decently competent, but that’s not enough - the cultural elite need to accept them as art for some reason, and any criticism by that cultural elite is met with a billion fan pile on. That’s why they are compared with the MAGA crowd, who are apparently the most persecuted people on earth - despite dominating all arms of government - because culture is still predominately liberal.
Now that's some grade a reaching. No one in this thread has said MCU films are high art, or even want them to be considered as such. That's ridiculous. Not to mention that there's little to no link to the MAGA crap.

I could be saying the people who discount MCU films as cinema are like the Gamergaters saying people who play cellphone games aren't gamers. Still find the meme funny, or accurate?
That doesn't make the comparison any better.
Yeah, comparing people to Nazis is hilarious!
Quote from: yepyepyep
The joke is making fun of the similarity between both MAGA and obsessive MCU stans being oversensitive to criticism when they are already dominating in society.
It's hilarious, because Scorcese's fans are being so oversensitive to the criticism he receives, that they go as low as comparing people who enjoy the MCU to Nazis.
Quote from: bomma man
User Banned (1 Week): Continued inflammatory point of comparison and trolling over multiple posts and doubling down after a warning
comparing people who enjoy the MCU to Nazis.
This is literally not true though, and a totally cynical, one might say over sensitive, misreading of the joke
Except that several people have called how shitty that fucking "joke" and comparison is. Like I said, I could be comparing Scorcese Stans to Gamergaters telling people that they're not real gamers (TM) because they play cellphone games. Would be funny to see how long that would go without me getting banned over it.
It was a joke, relax jeeves. And you are completely missing the point as well. It has nothing to do with racism. Also lol, the true oversensitive people were Scorsese fans all along #Galaxybrain
Comparing people to Nazis over your bullshit Film Elitism isn't a fucking joke. (Since when has Era adapted the "It's just a prank, brah!" mindset anyway? This is toxic as fuck.) And who's even mentioning racism? Speaking as someone who adores Scorcese's output, Scorcese fanboys on this forum are looking incredibly bad.
Calm down, there is no need to get so upset. Also you keep bringing up Nazis but then ask who is bringing up racism? Me no compute.
Don't tell me how I'm supposed to feel while you're discounting a shitty ass comparison as "It's just a joke".

Your attempts at gish-gallopping are tiring. There's a meme comparing MCU Stans to the Alt-Right and you, for literally no reason, bring up Racism. Are you one of those "tHe AlT-RiGhT aRe'Nt NaZiS" folks?
You. You brought up Nazis and racism by comparing MCU fans to a group that infamously includes Nazis and racists.
I am not sure if you are aware but I didn't post the meme lol. I just explained the joke to Alice because they didn't get it.
Do not tell me how to feel. You're the one defending a Nazi comparison as "It's just a joke". You've no authority on if I did, or did not get it, simply because you agree with the meme and find it funny. So miss me with your shitty ass smokescreens trying to talk a toxic meme into something harmless.
Exactly. Not to mention even trying to imply the levels of self righteousness and hatred that the MAGA camp subscribes to in their self-victimization.
User Banned (5 Days): Defending an inflammatory point of comparison over multiple posts
Then you're seriously missing something. If a comparison invokes something so politically charged, you're more or less bringing all that with it. No one is gonna read an image like this and go "Ha ha, it's funny because they're both over-sensitive", they're going to think that the two groups share values in the eyes of whomever created it.
Well it appears we have a different sense of humour I guess. It's a silly meme making fun of sensitivity within groups. One of the punchlines is the oversensitivity of MAGA people so I am not sure why I am being accused of racism lol.

Is this now a Sensitive Thread™?
 :isthis

benjipwns

« Reply #49590 on: October 14, 2019, 02:01:06 PM »
Just noticed that the MAGA Chud is black. Oof. That's a yikeroni.

ShutUp

« Reply #49591 on: October 14, 2019, 02:01:21 PM »
omfg Alice going over the edge and essentially going “are you calling me a nazi?” as she bans two people for saying that MCU fans are oversensitive :rofl

The persecution complex MAHVEL fans have is hilarious. On REEE they like to pretend it doesn’t exist and they “just want good movies” but then you get Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Shazam and now Joker and it’s thread after thread trying to tear those movies down.

Scorsese sending them into fits of rage for stating the obvious further cements how sensitive they are and it definitely eats at them to be told so.

EchoRin

• Hey, it's that dog.
« Reply #49592 on: October 14, 2019, 02:04:15 PM »
Just noticed that the MAGA Chud is black. Oof. That's a yikeroni.
Nah that's just one of Trump's African Americans

Drainage

« Reply #49593 on: October 14, 2019, 02:28:38 PM »
That Alice rant is probably one of the most unhinged things I’ve ever seen on Resetera.  :PP

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #49594 on: October 14, 2019, 02:38:55 PM »

Yet you masturbate to underage squids. :curious

james

« Reply #49595 on: October 14, 2019, 02:56:37 PM »

Who doesnt  :bolo

marrec

« Reply #49596 on: October 14, 2019, 03:00:20 PM »

I only masturbate to squids who are confirmed to be 18+ you sicko

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #49597 on: October 14, 2019, 03:03:23 PM »
So this r/thathappened thread is going pretty great; https://www.resetera.com/threads/don%E2%80%99t-be-afraid-to-call-out-shitty-americans-abroad.146960/

Classic OP backfire, with most responses agreeing "wow, you're some real fucking asshole OP".

Except :delicious muteki standing firm that, no, thats not a dick move, only done by dicks, thats what they would have done!

Eh, helping a woman out of a Tinder date with a Trump guy isn't the worst thing someone can do,but it's not something a bystander is able to manage easily. Best option is usually the check-in phone call that gives her an excuse to leave like "oh no that's my roommate and she's just said the dog is sick all over the floor", and obviously that's not something a stranger is capable of doing.

Still fuck that guy. I hate him already. Probably went to Japan to get himself A Woman whom he will impress with his mastery of Reason and Logic

sure, its obviously no 'laughing how a recent suicide victim won't get paid for their work', but thats like, advanced level cuntiness.

Even if OP was out of line the idea that the dude in his anecdote is anything but trash is impossible for me to fathom.

This is a weird thread.

I LITERALLY CANNOT FATHOM HOW I AM THE CUNT??? THIS IS SO FUCKING WEIRD!

james

« Reply #49598 on: October 14, 2019, 03:11:10 PM »

I only masturbate to squids who are confirmed to be 18+ you sicko

Listen, if theyre in the bar and drinking I'm going to assume they're of age. It's not my fault if they have a fake ID.

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #49599 on: October 14, 2019, 03:13:08 PM »
are you trying to being the bore down again?

:rage

james

« Reply #49600 on: October 14, 2019, 03:14:50 PM »
are you trying to being the bore down again?

:rage

We're all beings?

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #49601 on: October 14, 2019, 03:17:11 PM »
james is the creator of the resetera discord, he distributes squid pics.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #49602 on: October 14, 2019, 03:17:49 PM »
I forget the fucking resetera being meme

benji would remember it
Uncle

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #49603 on: October 14, 2019, 03:19:45 PM »
I remember when they talked of transparency, fair modding, a better way of being a disruptive online.

ShutUp

« Reply #49604 on: October 14, 2019, 03:43:45 PM »
Over 1,000 posts now in that Scorsese thread. Definitely not sensitive though   :lol

james

« Reply #49605 on: October 14, 2019, 03:47:20 PM »
I remember when they talked of transparency, fair modding, a better way of being a disruptive online.

And then it turned into Animal Farm

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #49606 on: October 14, 2019, 04:04:27 PM »
I can't wait to see the reactions on REEE when Marvel phase 4  bombs. Have you seen those upcoming movies? No one outside of the freaks and geeks is going to see that shit.
Spud

Ghoul

« Reply #49607 on: October 14, 2019, 04:06:20 PM »
nah phase 4 fails, they just use, well clearly comic book nerds hate strong women

ShutUp

« Reply #49608 on: October 14, 2019, 04:07:07 PM »
With RDJ, Chris Evans and outside of the solo prequel movie Scar Jo being gone now, it will certainly be interesting to see just how long the Marvel name alone keeps audiences coming back.

marrec

« Reply #49609 on: October 14, 2019, 04:07:56 PM »
I can't wait to see the reactions on REEE when Marvel phase 4  bombs. Have you seen those upcoming movies? No one outside of the freaks and geeks is going to see that shit.

I hate to be this guy, but Guardians of the Galaxy made 770m. I have no doubt an Eternals movie will move numbers as long as they get the right people on the marketing team.

james

« Reply #49610 on: October 14, 2019, 04:16:23 PM »

I hate to be this guy, but Guardians of the Galaxy made 770m. I have no doubt an Eternals movie will move numbers as long as they get the right people on the marketing team.

On the flip side, Marvels Netflix and Hulu shows all bombed

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #49611 on: October 14, 2019, 04:20:22 PM »
GOG was a breath of fresh air in the churnmobile of lame marvel movies when it came out.

Plus it's chris pratt, who wouldn't want that alright bigotted christian between your legs?

marrec

« Reply #49612 on: October 14, 2019, 04:20:48 PM »

Well, lots of reasons for that, mostly poor writing and Netflix not wanting to carry anything but pure winners. If Daredevil was on NBC it would probably have gotten as many seasons as Agents of Shield, another mediocre show about superheroes who don't interact with Marvel Heroes.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #49613 on: October 14, 2019, 04:22:48 PM »
That's what they said about the Marvel films prior to being made.
Comic books were sort of bottom of the barrel entertainment and comic book movies below that.

It didn't take off until RDJ did Iron Man.
🤴

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #49614 on: October 14, 2019, 04:23:07 PM »

Well, lots of reasons for that, mostly poor writing and Netflix not wanting to carry anything but pure winners. If Daredevil was on NBC it would probably have gotten as many seasons as Agents of Shield, another mediocre show about superheroes who don't interact with Marvel Heroes.

wait, you think netflix killed the deal with marvel for those tv shows and that it wasn't marvel wanting all of their properties in house under their complete control?

marrec

« Reply #49615 on: October 14, 2019, 04:25:22 PM »

wait, you think netflix killed the deal with marvel for those tv shows and that it wasn't marvel wanting all of their properties in house under their complete control?

If that's what happened, I don't think Netflix was upset. Those shows were awful across the board and Netflix axes GOOD shows with good viewership so why on earth would they keep BAD ones with bad viewership?

marrec

« Reply #49616 on: October 14, 2019, 04:27:22 PM »
EITHER WAY:

There is no way you can say (x) Phase 4 movie will bomb because Marvel has shown that these dopes will watch anything if you have the right actor/soundtrack.

ShutUp

« Reply #49617 on: October 14, 2019, 04:28:03 PM »
Runaways on Hulu will be getting at least three seasons, which isn't too bad.

The first and third seasons of Daredevil were damn good and certainly better than most of the movies. Second season had lots going on and a bit jumbled but still pretty good. Jon Bernthal as Punisher and Vincent D'Onofrio as Kingpin was some  :lawd tier casting.

porkbun

• #1 Pit-Fighter fan
« Reply #49618 on: October 14, 2019, 04:28:09 PM »
also all the 7-11s here are being renamed to KD or some shit. It's weird as fuck and people here are HEATED about both things

We lost 7-11's here back in the 90s.

Still miss Slurpees - Icees are a pale imitation

:juicy

ShutUp

« Reply #49619 on: October 14, 2019, 04:30:09 PM »

If that's what happened, I don't think Netflix was upset. Those shows were awful across the board and Netflix axes GOOD shows with good viewership so why on earth would they keep BAD ones with bad viewership?

Awful across the board?  :doge they didn't get axed for the reasons you seem to think