Author Topic: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible  (Read 3798951 times)

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
Re: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible
« Reply #49680 on: October 14, 2019, 11:27:54 PM »
I should have just gone with that :lol
每天生气

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #49681 on: October 14, 2019, 11:55:17 PM »
Quote from: Darryl M R
Post your credentials so I can sweep you. Being an MIT MBA grad doesn't mean much in my circles. Homie that's not even an HSW (google it). You want to bring up how certain credentials makes others invalid of critiquing how other may be misinformed, as if an MBA from MIT specializes in international social media norms. Let's hop in a group message with some mod and post some info. I can possible refer you to my employer after you get this work.

You want to take an ignorant classist view on this topic, then let's stick with it.
  :doge

https://www.resetera.com/threads/lebron-james-thinks-daryl-morey-was-misinformed-on-china-see-updated-op-for-clarification.147095/post-25454604
sigh

Boredfrom

« Reply #49682 on: October 15, 2019, 12:00:03 AM »
Your depression doesn't negate your coded racism, nor do I care about it. Do better, and know that my pieces of papers from elite institutions and employers stand higher than your's. Thus base on your logic, you can't really critique what I am saying.

:ego

Boredfrom

« Reply #49683 on: October 15, 2019, 12:07:15 AM »
You guys were bitching about Marvel shit that you didn’t read Kitsunelaine getting bitch slapped:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/xi-jinping-warns-efforts-to-divide-china-will-end-in-crushed-bodies-and-shattered-bones.146943/page-6#post-25455242

So we had like 3 to 4 pages of non-native Chinese speakers/non-sinologists insisting on misinterpreting a god damn idiom despite ethnic Chinese explaining the very meaning behind 粉身碎骨....wow

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #49684 on: October 15, 2019, 12:30:49 AM »
What do you mean am I high, I always wear my coat during interviews.
https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/10/12/10/3953108100000578-3833980-image-m-23_1476264251960.jpg

I mean, it could be cold in the studio my dude. Some of us don't take to cold so well.

thisismyusername

« Reply #49685 on: October 15, 2019, 12:35:56 AM »
I can't wait to see the reactions on REEE when Marvel phase 4  bombs. Have you seen those upcoming movies? No one outside of the freaks and geeks is going to see that shit.

I hate to be this guy, but Guardians of the Galaxy made 770m. I have no doubt an Eternals movie will move numbers as long as they get the right people on the marketing team.

:girlaff

I mean, you have a point: Marketing can work (shit it worked to turn me into an Ironman fan, if only because of Downey Jr.) but I highly doubt it will for Eternals. They're like... Inhuman's bad.

Plus it's chris pratt, who wouldn't want that alright bigotted christian between your legs?

:kermit

clothedmacuser

« Reply #49686 on: October 15, 2019, 12:54:10 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/sanders-says-he-would-break-up-conglomerates-like-disney-21st-century-fox.147105/

A 35-year-old, virgin male was apprehended today after a botched assassination attempt.  He was said to be a member of a Disney/MCU fansite called Resetera.  While details are murkey a list was found of others he wanted to, in his words, "educate."  On that list was Hillary Clinton, Neil deGrasse Tyson, and writers for the show Big Mouth.  He claims to be a liberal and "male feminist."
sigh

blame space

« Reply #49687 on: October 15, 2019, 01:20:03 AM »

blame space

« Reply #49688 on: October 15, 2019, 01:24:37 AM »
the Earth is flat threads are so much more entertaining on the coli.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #49689 on: October 15, 2019, 01:26:06 AM »
You couldn't be any more wrong bro

spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #49690 on: October 15, 2019, 03:00:49 AM »
Pocahontas Dolezal over here talking about respecting Native tribes :birb

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
Margs

clothedmacuser

« Reply #49692 on: October 15, 2019, 03:11:06 AM »
Quote from: Morrigan
There's no way this thread would ever go well.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/has-reading-era-off-topic-made-you-a-more-intelligent-person.147060/post-25457721

Not even a "Double-Bad-nonproductive," or red text.  It's as if the mods don't want such a thread on the record.  Imagine being a mod of a site where bluntly stating that it's a dystopian nightmare is expected. 

Whoah whoah whoah, We all know how this will end.  Best to just shut it down and pretend it never happened. 

Era or Chernobyl? 

:brain
« Last Edit: October 15, 2019, 03:16:14 AM by clothedmacuser »
sigh

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #49693 on: October 15, 2019, 03:41:22 AM »
ὕβρις

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #49694 on: October 15, 2019, 04:08:21 AM »
Hi Morrigan, just wanted to say you're a two-faced cunt. Go fuck yourself you hypocrite bitch.
Spud

remy

• my hog is small but it is mighty
« Reply #49695 on: October 15, 2019, 04:14:30 AM »
i wonder what's going on at NeoGAhttps://www.neogaf.com/threads/flat-earth-the-truth-is-more-important-than-my-life.1505824/page-10

top of the page luca

https://m.
I mean good song but bro Jesse Lacey is a serial sexual abuser

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #49696 on: October 15, 2019, 04:55:09 AM »
You guys were bitching about Marvel shit that you didn’t read Kitsunelaine getting bitch slapped:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/xi-jinping-warns-efforts-to-divide-china-will-end-in-crushed-bodies-and-shattered-bones.146943/page-6#post-25455242

So we had like 3 to 4 pages of non-native Chinese speakers/non-sinologists insisting on misinterpreting a god damn idiom despite ethnic Chinese explaining the very meaning behind 粉身碎骨....wow

Quote from: kitsunelaine
Let me at least ask this: do you speak any other languages relatively fluently? I think this is important to understanding how languages can work and how translations can often lose the nuance present in the original language. This should be an easily understood concept for anyone who is bilingual or multilingual.
I've already mentioned this in an earlier post in this thread, so this is partially me re-explaining something I've already laid out, so forgive me if I come across as annoyed for having to post about this again. Having the same conversation multiple times is a massive, massive pain in the butt, so I hope you understand. It's not personal.

I don't speak any other languages, no, but I have an incredibly passing understanding of Japanese more or less relegated to sentence structure and grammar particles right now. I also hang around translators, both professional ones and fan ones, and read a lot about what they talk about. On top of this, I'm a professional in the Anime industry who has proofed subtitles before and I can sniff out a lot of times where lines 'feel' translated because a lot of the time it's the result of idioms or sentence structure impacting the way a line becomes written. I fully appreciate the deep and vital importance of nuance when it comes to translation between languages.

In this case, I simply think a threat of violence is a threat of violence. Xi is a known entity. The subtext is no longer subtext. That's what I mean when I say this facade has shattered and I don't think anybody should spend time rebuilding it. The quiet part is loud. The footnotes no longer matter. It's like trying to put the genie back into the bottle.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/xi-jinping-warns-efforts-to-divide-china-will-end-in-crushed-bodies-and-shattered-bones.146943/post-25440318
 :lol

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #49697 on: October 15, 2019, 04:55:20 AM »
i wonder what's going on at NeoGAhttps://www.neogaf.com/threads/flat-earth-the-truth-is-more-important-than-my-life.1505824/page-10

That Weilthain dude is such the archetype of the flat earther nutjob, he must be trolling.

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #49698 on: October 15, 2019, 05:07:44 AM »

top of the page luca

I mean good song but bro Jesse Lacey is a serial sexual abuser
Serial sex abuser? Dude is a rank amateur compared to the rock gods of the 70s and 80s. He jerked off a few times over the internet with some under age chicks. Who fucking cares? No wonder today's music is so fucking lame. Call me when he gets busted with a nose full of coke, a gun in his hand and a teenager's lips around his cock while crashing his sports car into a tree. Fucking douchebag rockstars of today are too busy being vegan and saving the fucking environment to write a decent angry song full of sex, drugs and rock-and-roll. Vince Neil would be rolling in his grave if he were alive today to see the sad state of affairs that rock music is in.
Spud

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #49699 on: October 15, 2019, 06:09:24 AM »
It must be really hard to live with a sex addiction huh

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #49700 on: October 15, 2019, 06:13:13 AM »
I think Potato just had a stroke. Poor boomer :(

nudemacusers

« Reply #49701 on: October 15, 2019, 06:30:48 AM »

Let me at least ask this: do you speak any other languages relatively fluently? I think this is important to understanding how languages can work and how translations can often lose the nuance present in the original language. This should be an easily understood concept for anyone who is bilingual or multilingual.
I've already mentioned this in an earlier post in this thread, so this is partially me re-explaining something I've already laid out, so forgive me if I come across as annoyed for having to post about this again. Having the same conversation multiple times is a massive, massive pain in the butt, so I hope you understand. It's not personal.

I don't speak any other languages, no, but I have an incredibly passing understanding of Japanese more or less relegated to sentence structure and grammar particles right now. I also hang around translators, both professional ones and fan ones, and read a lot about what they talk about. On top of this, I'm a professional in the Anime industry who has proofed subtitles before and I can sniff out a lot of times where lines 'feel' translated because a lot of the time it's the result of idioms or sentence structure impacting the way a line becomes written. I fully appreciate the deep and vital importance of nuance when it comes to translation between languages.

In this case, I simply think a threat of violence is a threat of violence. Xi is a known entity. The subtext is no longer subtext. That's what I mean when I say this facade has shattered and I don't think anybody should spend time rebuilding it. The quiet part is loud. The footnotes no longer matter. It's like trying to put the genie back into the bottle.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/xi-jinping-warns-efforts-to-divide-china-will-end-in-crushed-bodies-and-shattered-bones.146943/post-25440318

I just want to say how amazing the sentence “ I don't speak any other languages, no, but I have an incredibly passing understanding of Japanese more or less relegated to sentence structure and grammar particles right now.” truly is.  :lol :lol :lol

Also missed the “Xi did t tiananmen square” bit. Lmao.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2019, 06:38:16 AM by nudemacusers »
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #49702 on: October 15, 2019, 06:37:05 AM »
I get that RE posters annoy y'all but can we please not go down this "Transpeople don't get killed, they also don't suffer at all. it's another one of their filthy lies!" rabbit hole y'all going down.

yo I didn't say or imply that at all
Uncle

SmokyDave

« Reply #49703 on: October 15, 2019, 07:03:25 AM »
I get that RE posters annoy y'all but can we please not go down this "Transpeople don't get killed, they also don't suffer at all. it's another one of their filthy lies!" rabbit hole y'all going down.

This is the internet. Your very reasonable point translates directly into 'I hate people different from myself and want them to die' in internet speak.

Trying to totally stifle the 'trans women and cis women have very different life experiences' conversation is doing wonders for TERF recruitment.

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #49704 on: October 15, 2019, 07:14:55 AM »

james: I'm gonna browse the bire

shosta:

caption this

james: :pika

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #49705 on: October 15, 2019, 07:21:27 AM »
Hobbes:

GET FUCKED

FUCK CHINA

FUCK BLIZZARD

FREE HONG KONG

:dead

thisismyusername

« Reply #49706 on: October 15, 2019, 07:34:33 AM »

>mobile poster
>doesn't remove the m.
>which stays on his post
lolivomit.jpg

You're still a terrible poster.

Hobbes:

GET FUCKED

FUCK CHINA

FUCK BLIZZARD

FREE HONG KONG

:dead

Everyone's getting fucked.

Ghoul

« Reply #49707 on: October 15, 2019, 07:37:58 AM »
Blame Space is the type of poster that would even get put on blast on GameFAQs

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #49708 on: October 15, 2019, 08:02:20 AM »

Can't speak for the Iron Sheik but I don't have issues with your post. Some earlier upthreads one veered closer to that negative vibe.
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #49709 on: October 15, 2019, 08:26:25 AM »
Isn't the use of photo ID contrary to the tenant of anonymous voting?

That seems fucked up...like it was taken right out of China

It's not a practical issue, it's one of principles.

:derp

That thread popped back up (didn't know where you pulled that amazing quote from) and while I don't want to rant too hard on the people screaming vote suppression because it's a valid discussion to have, some are really a bit hysterical with it.

In an ideal world, of course that law would be tied to free ID cards for every UK citizen, and that law wouldn't be in effect until it's the case for around 99% of the population.

ID cards aren't necessary. There is no problem they solve.
Obviously you're a big fan for some reason. I can only speculate.

:foodcourt

https://www.resetera.com/threads/uk-government-announces-voter-suppression-laws.146977/post-25445828
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
ὕβρις

Sman

« Reply #49711 on: October 15, 2019, 08:48:15 AM »
Random quickie RE/Cerium doodle.

Nothing particular, just wasting time with that forum passing the 10000th ban mark (a few weeks ago)

Pwnz

« Reply #49712 on: October 15, 2019, 09:18:52 AM »

But you didn't not say it.

:curious

FunSlower

« Reply #49713 on: October 15, 2019, 09:20:11 AM »

" I'm a professional in the Anime industry"

:heh

Ghoul

« Reply #49714 on: October 15, 2019, 09:21:11 AM »
is cerium chinese? Because that'd sure make for an interesting story.

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #49715 on: October 15, 2019, 09:30:47 AM »

" I'm a professional in the Anime industry"

:heh
Doing fan "translations" with your incredibly passing understanding of Japanese more or less relegated to sentence structure and grammar particles does not mean you're a professional in the anime industry.
Spud

EightBitNate

• I don’t wanna be horny anymore, I wanna be happy
« Reply #49717 on: October 15, 2019, 09:44:21 AM »
I’m so fucking hyped for BlizzCon

CHOW CHOW

• Iconzzzzz.... zzzzz
« Reply #49718 on: October 15, 2019, 09:56:48 AM »
hey

CHOW CHOW

• Iconzzzzz.... zzzzz
« Reply #49719 on: October 15, 2019, 10:01:33 AM »
KKBB is not long for this world
https://www.resetera.com/threads/hillary-clinton-says-we-must-be-%E2%80%98sensitive%E2%80%99-to-transphobia.147072/page-8#post-25462991

Guy's getting gangbanged hard by the basement-dwelling crew

mods help
hey

Ghoul

« Reply #49720 on: October 15, 2019, 10:04:24 AM »
Hillary going back to her, "fuck off gay rights, and yeah transpeople no one curr" is the greatest revenge arc.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #49721 on: October 15, 2019, 10:07:59 AM »
You take the Hillary out of politics but you can't take the politics out if Hillary.

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #49722 on: October 15, 2019, 10:08:44 AM »
I did not think that saying "Yes ciswomen and transwomen are both women but there is also a difference between them" would be so controversial. Like, it's already in the name. One is cis and one is trans

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #49723 on: October 15, 2019, 10:12:01 AM »
Is CHOW CHOW Brainchild?

please tell me eightbitnate isn't besada
[close]

Ghoul

« Reply #49724 on: October 15, 2019, 10:13:33 AM »

Twitter really gonna do this huh?

EightBitNate

• I don’t wanna be horny anymore, I wanna be happy
« Reply #49725 on: October 15, 2019, 10:21:23 AM »
Is CHOW CHOW Brainchild?

please tell me eightbitnate isn't besada
[close]

No promises.

SmokyDave

« Reply #49726 on: October 15, 2019, 10:21:39 AM »
I did not think that saying "Yes ciswomen and transwomen are both women but there is also a difference between them" would be so controversial. Like, it's already in the name. One is cis and one is trans
Fuck off. Shut the fuck up. Eat shit and fuck off. Fuck off and shut the fuck up. Fuck off.

Oooh, look at me, I'm almost ready to post on Era.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #49727 on: October 15, 2019, 10:24:04 AM »

[close]

So none of this? Remember when they got rid of the porn from tumblr lol.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #49728 on: October 15, 2019, 10:25:03 AM »
How do you set up a reverse swap on a company so you get money when the stock crashes like in The Big Short?

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #49729 on: October 15, 2019, 10:26:51 AM »

it really doesn't have to be an adversarial thing

what happened to just being different and embracing what makes us each unique and talking about it if we need to
Uncle

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #49730 on: October 15, 2019, 10:28:54 AM »
How do you set up a reverse swap on a company so you get money when the stock crashes like in The Big Short?

also who was buried in Grant's tomb?
Uncle

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #49731 on: October 15, 2019, 10:43:42 AM »

Twitter really gonna do this huh?

What's wrong with this?

Your thread your rules

Propagandhim

« Reply #49732 on: October 15, 2019, 10:43:46 AM »

Oh, you were being glib.  :lol

Unless you're trading options (where you can "cover" a short sale by buying the other end with 'calls' or by buying 'puts' so the margin requirements are inexpensive), to cover the risk of any move to the downside, shorting stocks requires huge margin requirements from brokers because you're essentially selling something with the promise to buy it back in order to complete the trade.
[close]

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #49733 on: October 15, 2019, 10:45:07 AM »
Fuck off. Shut the fuck up. Eat shit and fuck off. Fuck off and shut the fuck up. Fuck off.

Oooh, look at me, I'm almost ready to post on Era.
Do fuck off.
My fave.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #49734 on: October 15, 2019, 10:50:16 AM »

Unless you're trading options (where you can "cover" a short sale by buying the other end with 'calls' or by buying 'puts' so the margin requirements are inexpensive), to cover the risk of any move to the downside, shorting stocks requires huge margin requirements from brokers because you're essentially selling something with the promise to buy it back in order to complete the trade.
[close]

Explain it to me like Selina Gomez please

Averon

« Reply #49735 on: October 15, 2019, 10:50:35 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/october-wrasslin-ot-slow-news-month.144363/page-164#post-25405005

Bronx Man's ban been stuck on "duration pending" for two days now. What could the mods be furiously debating about on their Discord about him? Others have been banned for nebulous charges of racism far quicker and harsher, plus Bronx's been marked with the infamous "history of similar behavior." This should be an open and shut case.

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #49736 on: October 15, 2019, 10:54:04 AM »

Propagandhim

« Reply #49737 on: October 15, 2019, 10:57:09 AM »

[close]

Explain it to me like Selina Gomez please

You need a lot of money in the bank to cover the cost if it goes the wrong way.  Options were invented to allow people to sell stuff by promising to by the other end to 'cover' it.   Pinch the foreskin really tight.  Got it?  Good.  Now pee.  It should fill up like a balloon.  Now release.  Congratulations, you have performed The Hindenburg.   Options also have a 'time element' that expires, so if you buy it and it expires in the right 'place' you make a lot of profit from a small initial stake and low margin or 'backing' to the broker.

nudemacusers

« Reply #49738 on: October 15, 2019, 11:12:50 AM »
I need the current data for bans that invoke ‘staff’ as a justification  :lol
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

nudemacusers

« Reply #49739 on: October 15, 2019, 11:16:45 AM »
Btw how is Mauricio magus’ pedo ass still freely posting there?

Unless...  :doge :brain

Edit: that thread is getting real spicy... trans people to start leaving in droves. Y’all can come here, btw, our mods are incestuous brothers, a weeb, and a gay nick frost fetishist.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2019, 11:22:45 AM by nudemacusers »
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽