Author Topic: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible  (Read 3797418 times)

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
Re: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible
« Reply #53640 on: November 09, 2019, 01:25:18 AM »
 :lol :lol :lol

I never knew Excel was a Defender of the Sacred Disney Order. 

Or maybe she's not and she simply wants a new thing to (be uninformed of and) passionately argue about so she can declare everyone that disagrees with her a stupid bigot.
sigh

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #53641 on: November 09, 2019, 01:29:33 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/era-anonymous-confessions-2019-v3-0-one-version-higher-than-the-giftbot.150087/post-26240787
I wrote the confession about my thoughts on the current non-binary discourse.

I know my confession got removed, and I agree with that decision. I would appreciate if you could post this response with some haste, it does not contain anything objectionable.

I wanted to say that I apologize for what I wrote. I was angry and frustrated and had a lot of pent-up emotion after some of the recent discourse. I shouldn't have written it and I agree that it should have been removed. When I read it again after it was posted, I felt ashamed at some of the things I said.

But the reason I had all that pent-up emotion that came tumbling out in the first place is because this forum won't let me have this discussion, or anything resembling it. Someone responded to my confession saying that I could just "talk through it with the reasonable people on this forum" but we both know that's not true. I'd just get banned.

I don't fully understand your position. I want to understand it. I know I have problems I've internalized and I need to talk through them. But I don't know who I can talk to.

I apologize for what I wrote, non-binary ERA. I'll go back into the shadows.
:awesome
If your attitude is literally "if I talk about it I will get banned" then you are either lying to yourself about how you actually feel about this and you clearly have stronger emotions than you're leading on, or you're not mature enough to talk about this without flying off the handlebars, or both considering you wrote to an anonymous confession thread ranting about the topic you are complaining that "you can't talk about".

Here is a hint, if you have fucked up internalized feelings regarding a topic that is inducing borderline rage/ranting posts about said topic, talk to a therapist and don't unload your baggage onto random people who fit the topic of your rant.
Quote from: Ketkat
There's a difference between wanting to talk something through and sitting here and writing 12 paragraphs about how this is the truth that we need to accept. You also are kind of contradicting yourself throughout this apology. You say that you should not have said these things, but that we should also have fostered an area for you to say these things in a way that doesn't allow you to be banned.

I'm not trying to say that to be mean, but that I understand where you're coming from. You understand that what you said was hurtful but you still believe those thoughts that you have, and you're conflicted about it now. I do agree with a lot of what TLBB said above and that a therapist would be the best for helping you work through these thoughts, but I also know through experience that recommending a therapist to someone doesn't often really solve the issue as not everyone is willing to take that step.

If you want to have a genuine conversation about this, then please PM me. I have been incredibly active in the mental health and trans communities here and people often confide in me things that they're not comfortable saying out loud for all kinds of reasons. I have no reason to share these with anyone and I never intend to. I'll treat our conversation the same way, and it will stay between me and you. If you're not comfortable doing that, then I understand, but the offer's open whenever you want it.

benjipwns

« Reply #53642 on: November 09, 2019, 01:31:40 AM »
ResetERA.com: Don't post, talk to a therapist instead.

clothedmacuser

« Reply #53643 on: November 09, 2019, 01:52:52 AM »
Quote from: Alice
It does not matter in general, your opinion is invalid when something does damage to people even though you shrug it off. Also don't tone police me.

Quote from: Badkitty
Oh?

wow, you're full of yourself aren't you.

If you're adressing me keep at least a shred of politeness and a decent tone. Otherwise talk to your pals or whomever else you desire like that darling. Aight?

And don't @ me again or consider yourself muted. Take care now.

If you want people to address you with politeness and a decent tone, maybe don't make a post dripping in this much condescension.

Quote from: Alice
Interesting how someone would talk about someone being full of themselves when having these sorts of demands.

Quote from: BadKitty
I maybe full of myself too, no denying it, but I ain't pressing anyone to accept my view and I don’t pretend to speak in the name of the whole trans community like some of you are. I don't think asking for "these sort of demands" is weird in a convo, it's basic decency regardless of stance. Anyway, I really have other things on my mind and this exchange has run its course as far as I'm concerned.

This is not a good post.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/lindsay-ellis-transphobic-jokes.151148/post-26233191

BadKitty Status = UnBanned

The mods must just roll their eyes at RedMercury's, ketkat and Alice's constant PM's.   
sigh

clothedmacuser

« Reply #53644 on: November 09, 2019, 02:03:32 AM »

There's a difference between wanting to talk something through and sitting here and writing 12 paragraphs about how this is the truth that we need to accept. You also are kind of contradicting yourself throughout this apology. You say that you should not have said these things, but that we should also have fostered an area for you to say these things in a way that doesn't allow you to be banned.

I'm not trying to say that to be mean, but that I understand where you're coming from. You understand that what you said was hurtful but you still believe those thoughts that you have, and you're conflicted about it now. I do agree with a lot of what TLBB said above and that a therapist would be the best for helping you work through these thoughts, but I also know through experience that recommending a therapist to someone doesn't often really solve the issue as not everyone is willing to take that step.

http://If you want to have a genuine conversation about this, then please PM me. I have been incredibly active in the mental health and trans communities here and peopleoften confide in me things that they're not comfortable saying out loud for all kinds of reasons. I have no reason to share these with anyone and I never intend to. I'll treat our conversation the same way, and it will stay between me and you. If you're not comfortable doing that, then I understand, but the offer's open whenever you want it.

:neogaf :cac :donot

Great credentials.

"Do you concur"

This works on multiple levels
sigh

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #53645 on: November 09, 2019, 02:06:37 AM »
Catch Me If You Can deserves a rewatch, thanks mac
每天生气

clothedmacuser

« Reply #53646 on: November 09, 2019, 02:26:08 AM »
Catch Me If You Can deserves a rewatch, thanks mac

This clip of Elizabeth Bank's gloriously dorky laugh is all I need.

sigh

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #53647 on: November 09, 2019, 04:08:47 AM »
Besides Jaws, Raiders and Lincoln, Spielberg sucks.

clothedmacuser

« Reply #53648 on: November 09, 2019, 04:49:46 AM »
Besides Jaws, Raiders and Lincoln, Spielberg sucks.

Your mom sucks

:nsfw :nsfw

spoiler (click to show/hide)
When she drinks from a straw
[close]
sigh

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #53649 on: November 09, 2019, 05:27:04 AM »
Disney employees are less distinguished mentally-challenged than *autistic screeching*: Confirmed.

https://twitter.com/panzer/status/1192962351957282817

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #53650 on: November 09, 2019, 05:37:13 AM »
So nothing has been taken away but people still find a way to be offended

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #53651 on: November 09, 2019, 05:55:35 AM »
Aussies don't read: Confirmed.

Disney+ OR the Main-pass (which is more expensive for Disney in the long-run because the employee can get themselves and like 3 others into the park for free, essentially)

NOT BOTH. ONE.

$75 a year vs like $300+ a year (possibly more depending on how often the employee uses their discount). Half of ERA would probably choose Disney+ because "OH MUH GURD! EWEN MCGREGOR OBI!!!!!!!!" over a more valuable perk that Disney is trying to get rid of to lower costs.

:comeon Not that hard to see why folks are mocking it, dude.

SmokyDave

« Reply #53652 on: November 09, 2019, 06:16:30 AM »
See, I’d kinda understand making a noise if they’d swapped out the pass for the subscription, but they’re just offering a different (crappier) choice. That tweet makes it sound unreasonable that employees don’t automatically get both benefits.

I can’t imagine the hardship of having to say ‘no thanks, I’ll just take the free entry pass again’.

Still, this is the net so for all I know everyone is being totally reasonable and one employee mildly grumbling on Twitter has become ‘employees snarking hard’.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #53654 on: November 09, 2019, 06:36:59 AM »
Maybe some people who work there don't feel like going to Disney parks anymore and this offers them a nice alternative.

I don't see what the big deal is. If someone rather picks Disney+, who the hell cares?  :idont
🤴

BisMarckie

« Reply #53655 on: November 09, 2019, 07:35:10 AM »
I think my son who is due in a couple of months might be trans, where can I find some help benji?

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #53656 on: November 09, 2019, 07:36:16 AM »
Let there be blood:
User Banned (1 Week): Dismissive Commentary on a Sensitive Topic Over Multiple Posts

OK, I‘m really not trying to start anything here, but this is rubbing me the wrong way. Somebody will need to explain to me how this confession could be defined as bigoted in any realistic way. And intolerant? How? The confessor explained her point of view very well, and was respectful to others. I understand the perspective she was putting forward didn’t necessarily correspond to the general consensus here, but it was honest, heartfelt, and wasn’t malicious in any way. And you know what? Life is complex, and people weren’t molded the same way as everybody else like some heartless clones. Nobody is experiencing issues the same way, especially not these kind of issues. She chose to open her heart. Why did it need to be censored?

I'm so glad I got to read the confession in full, because benji copy/pasted it in it's entirety.

:rage
[close]
« Last Edit: November 09, 2019, 07:45:55 AM by Cauliflower Of Love »

benjipwns

« Reply #53657 on: November 09, 2019, 07:54:47 AM »
I think my son who is due in a couple of months might be trans, where can I find some help benji?
:gurl :beli :comeon

https://twitter.com/VeryWhiteGuy/status/1193018671712653313

benjipwns

« Reply #53658 on: November 09, 2019, 07:57:09 AM »
I'm so glad I got to read the confession in full, because benji copy/pasted it in it's entirety.

:rage
[close]
I must embark on a journey to engage in a struggle session and endure a self-504 Gateway Timeout Error in an attempt to remove some of the shame and dishonor.

PogiJones

« Reply #53659 on: November 09, 2019, 08:13:57 AM »
The most important independent poster (as measured by post count).

Thinking excelsiorlef is not a dependent  :heh

Snoopycat_

« Reply #53660 on: November 09, 2019, 08:20:17 AM »
Surprised to see no 9/11 mentions today. I guess people just don't care anymore

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #53661 on: November 09, 2019, 08:31:02 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/what-kind-of-threads-do-you-like-the-most-%F0%9F%A4%94.152090/

Oh boy, I really like the ones where a protected user or moderator declares what the acceptable responses are halfway through and then goes through banning anyone who spoke out of line retroactively, really gives era that forum identity all of its own.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #53662 on: November 09, 2019, 09:01:14 AM »
Tripon: It's a HRAP 4. I have no clue which gate it is, I'm most just talking doing QCF's is awkward because I keep overshooting "forward" into like a 23696 sort of input for what I can 236 on D-pad pretty effectively.

So I can understand why some Smash folks wouldn't be into that, just like I couldn't "bridge" the gap going from D-pad to thumbstick on the pad for an "arcade stick" like experience.

(Mixbox is probably better for me as a person because I can at least assure that if I'm using 236 as an input and do binds for the keys, it'd be 236 for 3 button presses. [Read: 2 though since Mixboxes are like WASD or arrow-key layouts on keyboards, so it'd be more 2 2+6 6 "pianoing" if that makes sense)

Oh, you meant arcade sticks.  The "zoomer" complaints are about controllers.  Yeah, it can take getting used to sticks if you don't use them, but that's what I was saying...practice.  These people aren't going to do that. 

Also try doing 23+attack instead of 236 and see if it works for you.  :)
ど助平

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #53663 on: November 09, 2019, 09:20:40 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/conan-in-ghana-special.151643/post-26215879

Boiled Goose going full  :reeeee :gamergate ITT

I'm kinda meh on the whole ignorant American doing silly shit abroad schtick. It's been played out.

In parts he does that. In other parts his ignorance is purely ignorance and promotes skewed bigoted views of said cultures.

To me it's like South park season 1 tier humor. Making fun of your own ignorance only goes so far when said ignorance actually results in harm. Mocking germans isn't the same as mocking people from mexico. Not in today's context.

It's teenage level humor for narrow minded Americans or white people who feel well identified with their own culture and barely know any real people from the cultures being displayed. It's only funny from the outside.

There's very little substance or insight, except perhaps the realization of ignorance and the occasional glimpses of human connection and despite differences "we're all human". Not a shattering revelation for many.

White American self deprication is extremely condescending. Oh look at me I'm privileged enough to be condescending to not have to bother giving a fuck to learn your culture and yiir language and I get away with it and it's funny!

When an elderly grandfather from India was walking around a neighborhood in the USA, cops harassed him, body slammed him, permanently injured him because he couldn't speak English

Brown people in the US get constantly harrassed to "speak English, this is America" for simply speaking their native tongue.

Conan's whole schtick is being ignorant, borderline offending people, or making them uncomfortable, and then getting away with it because of his white privilege. To me, it just reeks of the worst parts of American culture. Nationalism, exceptionalism, and of course white supremacy.

Nice to use Trump's language to describe a country. What does Trump think about Ghana? Clearly loving Conan's special hasn't really done much affect how you see the world.

Like you, I have directly experienced the consequences of violence. Honduras at points has had the highest murder rate per capita at points. Extreme corruption. Extreme inequality. Of course those are issues. Being able to enjoy Conan's specials sitting in the US is a form of privilege. Go tour a culture and poke some fun. While people at the border from those countries are in cages.

:doge

fucking conan o brian, seriously?

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #53664 on: November 09, 2019, 09:34:40 AM »

like how the fuck can you watch that and be "oh look at mr cishet white american mocking the dumb natives"

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #53665 on: November 09, 2019, 09:46:38 AM »
Self deprecation is definitely something not everyone has the luxury of doing and getting away with it. That's the point.

Someone jelly of conan.

:umad

oh, leno posts on era

Conan's whole schtick is being ignorant, borderline offending people, or making them uncomfortable, and then getting away with it because of his white privilege. To me, it just reeks of the worst parts of American culture. Nationalism, exceptionalism, and of course white supremacy.

« Last Edit: November 09, 2019, 09:55:23 AM by Cauliflower Of Love »

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #53668 on: November 09, 2019, 10:38:48 AM »
A penis is not “male genitalia”.

:dunno

Just about the only valid reason to have denied her service would if you’re worried you’ll hurt her due to a lack of expertise waxing around a penis. Religion is not a valid excuse.

:dunno

Switters

« Reply #53669 on: November 09, 2019, 10:50:52 AM »
Did you know that a vagina is not "female genitalia"  :doge
troll

Leadbelly

« Reply #53670 on: November 09, 2019, 10:51:44 AM »
Yeah. It is one of those where I am not sure if it is a genuine opinion or just a troll account.

I like this post, which on the face of it seems kind of reasonable, but...

Not sure if I agree there. "I do not want to touch a penis" should maybe not be disregarded as ab invalid reason. But this is really really tricky as far as situations go.

Is it though? Is it really that tricky?

Switters

« Reply #53671 on: November 09, 2019, 10:53:36 AM »
SPOILERS Not waxing Yaniv's balls is what causes the Death Stranding. SPOILERS
troll

EchoRin

• Hey, it's that dog.
« Reply #53672 on: November 09, 2019, 10:59:59 AM »
Surprised to see no 9/11 mentions today. I guess people just don't care anymore

Slightly underrated "sensible chuckle" type post.

EightBitNate

• I don’t wanna be horny anymore, I wanna be happy

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #53674 on: November 09, 2019, 11:06:09 AM »
Meh, they're right.

Penii are just genitalia.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #53675 on: November 09, 2019, 11:13:42 AM »
I’m a girl who has a penis, and don’t ever plan to get rid of it. I certainly wouldn’t consider it male genitalia because I’m not a male.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/canadian-human-rights-tribunal-rules-against-transgender-woman-over-refusal-of-waxing-services.152120/post-26282138

nate destroyed with facts and logic

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #53676 on: November 09, 2019, 11:15:07 AM »
I’m a girl who has a penis, and don’t ever plan to get rid of it.
Has the cake and eats it too, good for her.
🤴

« Reply #53677 on: November 09, 2019, 11:15:11 AM »
“Penis is not a male Genitalia”

Yep we have crossed from slippery slope into steep cliff territory. What’s next ? “y chromosome is not
A male genetic trait?”

What
The
Fuck

Drainage

EightBitNate

• I don’t wanna be horny anymore, I wanna be happy
« Reply #53679 on: November 09, 2019, 11:26:00 AM »
I’m a girl who has a penis, and don’t ever plan to get rid of it. I certainly wouldn’t consider it male genitalia because I’m not a male.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/canadian-human-rights-tribunal-rules-against-transgender-woman-over-refusal-of-waxing-services.152120/post-26282138

nate destroyed with facts and logic

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #53680 on: November 09, 2019, 11:27:20 AM »

Yep we have crossed from slippery slope into steep cliff territory. What’s next ? “y chromosome is not
A male genetic trait?”

What
The
Fuck
Go back to 1920 shrub. This is the future now.  :dice
🤴

Clockwork5

« Reply #53681 on: November 09, 2019, 11:35:17 AM »
Denying that a trans woman has female genetalia is denying that they are women.

TIL i have female genetalia.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #53682 on: November 09, 2019, 11:35:18 AM »
Its literally insane to expect the world to reclassify "male genitalia" just to accommodate someone who wants to avoid stigma. Or stamen. I always confuse the two.

« Reply #53683 on: November 09, 2019, 11:35:41 AM »
Future banned post: “people with penises are more sexist than those without”
Banned reason :” misogyny against women with penises. Penises are not male genitalia”

Leadbelly

« Reply #53684 on: November 09, 2019, 11:37:25 AM »

A male genetic trait?”

What
The
Fuck

Well, some people might believe(athough it is blasphemy to do so) that gender is a complex relationship between biology, society and culture. Lets forget that though and just for argument sake, lets just say gender is entirely socially constructed. Okay. Sex isn't though. Yet more and more that isn't enough, the two have to be conflated.

This person feels female, and therefore her genitalia can't be male. Gender is not your sex though...
« Last Edit: November 09, 2019, 11:42:41 AM by Leadbelly »

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #53685 on: November 09, 2019, 11:42:58 AM »
So is this topic really going to land on the only thing yaniv did wrong was that it was minority owned businesses? :neogaf

« Reply #53686 on: November 09, 2019, 11:47:16 AM »

A male genetic trait?”

What
The
Fuck

Well, some people might believe(athough it is blasphemy to do so) that gender is a complex relationship between biology, society and culture. Lets forget that though and just for argument sake lets just say gender is entirely socially constructed. Okay. Sex isn't though. Yet, more and more that isn't enough, the two have to be conflated.

This person feels female, and therefore her genitalia can't be male. Gender is not your sex though...

Let’s take your argument then and test it. A baby identified at birth as a male due to biology and science says later in life that he is actually a she. Ok. Let’s agree that emotionally psychologically you say you are a woman and then say thus that your penis is by proxy also a female genitalia, so does that mean that those biologically born as a woman who do not have a penis missing an important genitalia. I mean one can’t have the cake eat it too. Either the penis on a woman is a biological defect or the women born without penises are biologically inferior because they are missing a penis. In fact the man who is now a woman can also conside herself inferior genetically because she is missing ovaries and a vagina. This is like a twisted pretzel. It’s become
A twisted pretzel in order to emotionally and psychologically satisfy those who go so far left they fall off a cliff from their logic

In the end this is biology and psychology competing. To make some folks who are psychologically thinking they are another gender and the intent focus on everyone different to be acceptable, a culture is being created that something that is biologically illogical is culturally acceptable because we don’t want anyone to feel like they are not normal. To make sure no ones feelings are hurt we are twisting our culture into a pretzel with no end really

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #53687 on: November 09, 2019, 11:50:58 AM »
pennus in vagoose
dog

SmokyDave

« Reply #53688 on: November 09, 2019, 11:53:18 AM »
My genitalia are gender-fluid according to temperature.

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #53689 on: November 09, 2019, 11:54:41 AM »
My genitalia are solid :phil
每天生气

NekoFever

« Reply #53690 on: November 09, 2019, 12:03:36 PM »
That Yaniv thread will be a graveyard by the morning.

I love how it has thousands of views and only a few dozen posts because lots of people there know better but still want to watch the carnage.

« Reply #53691 on: November 09, 2019, 12:08:43 PM »
It has a few thousand views with few dozen posts because most people don’t want to get banned by saying penis is a male genitalia.

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #53692 on: November 09, 2019, 12:11:05 PM »
Quote from: Excel
Denying that a trans woman has female genetalia is denying that they are women.

So you believe these beauticians should be forced to wax her penis and scrotum?

Quote from: Excel
Why would you assume that.

That's a really fucking shitty leap

Excel being a real galaxy brain. The problem is that if you think that a penis counts female genitalia a beautician who exclusively waxes female genitalia would have to wax that dick

Sai

« Reply #53693 on: November 09, 2019, 12:18:54 PM »
post if you got dick
ilysm

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #53694 on: November 09, 2019, 12:31:04 PM »
Excel being a real galaxy brain. The problem is that if you think that a penis counts female genitalia a beautician who exclusively waxes female genitalia would have to wax that dick

I think its more down to their fragile egos and solipsism that "it cant be male genitalia, because I don't consider myself male!" even though what they consider themselves to be has literally fuck all to do with it.
Its the same place this stupid fucking latinx idea comes from.

A boy named Sue has a feminine name. A penis is male genitalia. Luna is a feminine noun in Spanish. These are properties of the object, not who or what the object is attached to.

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
« Reply #53695 on: November 09, 2019, 12:33:32 PM »
As always, the resetera trans community is having a really difficulty time distinguishing between gender and sex.
Oi Oi

« Reply #53696 on: November 09, 2019, 12:51:56 PM »
Era either has all trans mods or they need to flush their mods for new ones because them banning folks for saying male genitalia as a biological sex organ is transphobia only will make
More people say that trans folks are really pushing it now

nudemacusers

« Reply #53697 on: November 09, 2019, 01:00:59 PM »
post if you got dick
Like, in possession of a dick, or if I’ve received dick?

And for the former, does it need to be my own dick or just any dick I have lying around?
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #53698 on: November 09, 2019, 01:04:36 PM »
Denying that a penis is male genitalia is pure delusion. Just accept who you are, a woman with a male genitalia. When did we go from accepting who you are to trying to mold the reality around you to protect your feelings? Bitches need to man up.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #53699 on: November 09, 2019, 01:10:01 PM »
Being Transgendered does not mean you must be a dick to people.

but it sure helps you get that vaunted protected user status on resetterradotcomellellsee