Author Topic: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible  (Read 3797893 times)

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
Re: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible
« Reply #53760 on: November 09, 2019, 07:31:47 PM »
Goldmen Sacks is my friend  :maf

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #53761 on: November 09, 2019, 07:34:40 PM »
Quote from: Frank O'Connor, former Creative Director of 343 Industries
Here’s my anecdote:

My wife has a better credit score than I do.
My wife has a higher credit limit than I do.

There. I am proof there’s no sexism in lending.

qed!
每天生气

shosta

« Reply #53762 on: November 09, 2019, 07:36:56 PM »
Quote from: OtherWorldly
he is taking from his privileged position that is he is being treated like minorities like me . If I went to him and told him about it, I doubt he would have such profane laden angry tweets about minorities like me having to deal with this for decades

Quote from: OtherWorldly
Why is he talking on behalf of his wife? I believe she has a Twitter so why not retweet her and letting her vent on this decision?

I love this guy :lol
每天生气

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #53763 on: November 09, 2019, 07:36:59 PM »
Speaking of pedos, has Amir0x been found and arrested yet? Last I heard he was dodging the sex offenders registry and couldn't be located.
Don't just make stuff up

FACT CHECK: https://www.pameganslaw.state.pa.us/OffenderDetails/PhysDesc/44459

Non-compliant Transient.  He’s still unaccounted for.

Of course it says he's non-compliant, he wants to fuck kids

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #53764 on: November 09, 2019, 07:38:02 PM »
lol at getting a trash 1% back apple card. just get an amex and earn actual rewards. :snob

shosta

« Reply #53765 on: November 09, 2019, 07:41:06 PM »
Why do you care so FUCKING much about Apple? Why do you defend a faceless corporation that doesn't give a single FUCK about you?
this whole thread is getting derailed between people who insist that everyone know it's Goldman Sachs' fault, not Apple's, and the people who are flying off the handle at being corrected over it
每天生气

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #53766 on: November 09, 2019, 07:42:34 PM »
Speaking of pedos, has Amir0x been found and arrested yet? Last I heard he was dodging the sex offenders registry and couldn't be located.
Don't just make stuff up

Not sure if you are serious or making a lame joke so...

The non-compliance is referring to keeping the court system and law enforcement apprised of his residence, place of employment, etc as required by Megan’s Law.  He’s literally hiding from his probation officer in violation of the terms of his release from prison.

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night
« Reply #53767 on: November 09, 2019, 07:43:03 PM »
Apple Card offered me a crazy high credit limit. Like 30% more than other cards I was checking out. And the APR was some 17% nonsense.

I don’t make a ton of money but my credit score is about as perfect as it could possibly be. I was like this should be the other way around and went with a different card. 1% back? Seriously Apple lol.

Don't think of Apple Card as something Apple acting as the creditor or the bank. They're more like licensing their name out.  Like Nachobro said, get an AmEx and just pay off the balance at the end of the month. People need to treat credit cards like people did with physical money. Don't spend more than what your monthly budget will allow.

shosta

« Reply #53768 on: November 09, 2019, 07:44:13 PM »
finance nerds are extremely irritating
每天生气

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night
« Reply #53769 on: November 09, 2019, 07:47:04 PM »
finance nerds are extremely irritating

You need to learn this shit so you can keep some of the money you earn. If you ever want to make a big purchase item like a car or mortgage, your credit score will play a part in that.

shosta

« Reply #53770 on: November 09, 2019, 07:48:04 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/a-note-to-western-canada-the-rest-of-the-country-understands-tough-economic-times.152189/
Quote from: Slayven
seceesion into what? Folks kill me with this bullshit.
Quote from: Slayven
The UK can do it's bullshit because they were an indepentant country. Say this goes through they think they will enjoy the same trade relationships and rights as they do now?
make it stop
每天生气

Boredfrom

« Reply #53771 on: November 09, 2019, 07:51:21 PM »
Quote from: Pau
My hero was Sir Terry Pratchett and I cried when I learned I would be able to meet him. (This was after his diagnosis.) We had a nice conversation complaining about airport security until he called me attractive, which was more than a little jarring.

I just kept on with the conversation. His worry was basically that male airport security personnel would target attractive women to grope or harass them. But I said I didn't really suspect that as a reason for being stopped so much.

I still loved meeting him, and I don't think he was really trying to hit on me or anything. It was just weird that this person I had basically worshipped since I was eleven made a comment about my physical appearance.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/they-say-you-should-never-meet-your-heroes-i-say-you-need-to-find-better-heroes.152184/#post-26291433

:sheik

Pretty sure he was being nice you dumb bitch.

EightBitNate

• I don’t wanna be horny anymore, I wanna be happy
« Reply #53772 on: November 09, 2019, 07:52:43 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/viral-tweet-about-apple-card-leads-to-goldman-sachs-probe.152182/

Ok real talk, what benefit would there be to Apple/Goldman-Sachs to deny women if they’re actually well-qualified? Do they really think they’d just try to make women’s lives worse? I really can’t understand.
Read.

“My belief isn’t there was some nefarious person wanting to discriminate. But that doesn’t matter. How do you know there isn’t an issue with the machine-learning algo when no one can explain how this decision was made?”

“Goldman and Apple are delegating credit assessment to a black box,” Hansson said. “It’s not a gender-discrimination intent but it is a gender-discrimination outcome.”

The same stuff happens when courts try to use algorithms for determining whether you're a recidivist risk, as benji has posted about once. You end up amplifying structural inequalities without race or gender being explicit parameters because the models figure out the hidden pattern on their own - like they're supposed to.

Quote from: Slayven, genius
I mean someone has to program the damn thing, it doesn't learn by itself, and all those biases and shit get programed into it
I'm sorry, but at this rate you'll have to retake this course in the summer.

So i was right? RE does just think this is to make their lives worse.

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #53773 on: November 09, 2019, 07:55:15 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/viral-tweet-about-apple-card-leads-to-goldman-sachs-probe.152182/

Ok real talk, what benefit would there be to Apple/Goldman-Sachs to deny women if they’re actually well-qualified? Do they really think they’d just try to make women’s lives worse? I really can’t understand.

Does the twitter thread mention how valuable the wife is?

What is she was a dumpster fire of creditworthiness with multiple bankruptcies in the past?

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #53774 on: November 09, 2019, 08:02:58 PM »
Don't just make stuff up

The non-compliance is referring to keeping the court system and law enforcement apprised of his residence, place of employment, etc as required by Megan’s Law.  He’s literally hiding from his probation officer in violation of the terms of his release from prison.

You'd think he'd think about the horrible example he's setting for other pedophiles. I guess some people just don't think about anyone other than themselves.

Leadbelly

« Reply #53775 on: November 09, 2019, 08:08:40 PM »
My hero was Sir Terry Pratchett and I cried when I learned I would be able to meet him. (This was after his diagnosis.) We had a nice conversation complaining about airport security until he called me attractive, which was more than a little jarring.

I just kept on with the conversation. His worry was basically that male airport security personnel would target attractive women to grope or harass them. But I said I didn't really suspect that as a reason for being stopped so much.

I still loved meeting him, and I don't think he was really trying to hit on me or anything. It was just weird that this person I had basically worshipped since I was eleven made a comment about my physical appearance.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/they-say-you-should-never-meet-your-heroes-i-say-you-need-to-find-better-heroes.152184/#post-26291433

This is the type of person where at some point down the line you're going to slip up and say something she takes badly. Basically overanalysing everything. One moment you think you're playing around and joking with her. The next thing the police are at your door. lol

Boredfrom

« Reply #53776 on: November 09, 2019, 08:12:15 PM »
It kind of pisses me off given that she knew he had Alzheimer and post it as an example of “never met your heroes”. 

Edit: holy shit, it was not even fucking cancer (I apologize, I didn’t grow knowing about British comedy writers ) but early Alzheimer, WTF?
« Last Edit: November 09, 2019, 08:18:42 PM by Boredfrom »

Leadbelly

« Reply #53777 on: November 09, 2019, 08:25:47 PM »
He had Alzheimer's. Either way it does come off as self-absorbed to the point where she doesn't really consider what the other person might be going through, their frame of mind or whatever.

shosta

« Reply #53778 on: November 09, 2019, 08:28:33 PM »
 I think she should have roundhouse kicked that boomer right in the fuckin throat
每天生气

Boredfrom

« Reply #53779 on: November 09, 2019, 08:32:13 PM »
He had Alzheimer's. Either way it does come off as self-absorbed to the point where she doesn't really consider what the other person might be going through, their frame of mind or whatever.

I corrected it before you posted your answer. :bolo

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #53780 on: November 09, 2019, 08:38:40 PM »

Truly nothing more shocking than your personal hero giving you a compliment.  She even says that she doesn't think he was hitting on her, so what's the issue?

Leadbelly

« Reply #53781 on: November 09, 2019, 08:39:34 PM »

I corrected it before you posted your answer. :bolo

I delayed posting it. lol

Got sidetracked.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #53782 on: November 09, 2019, 08:57:35 PM »

You're getting shit signed by someone you idolize. What're they supposed to talk about, the weather?

I heard Jay Leno say (and i'm paraphrasing) "People today say "you can't compliment a woman's appearance anymore" but that's not true. You just can't shout out "hey broad nice rack"".

Turns out you can't do either.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #53783 on: November 09, 2019, 09:01:03 PM »

#cancel

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #53784 on: November 09, 2019, 09:02:13 PM »
Don't just make stuff up

So he's literally on the run... I guess the cops haven't checked his mom's place to make sure there wasn't a murder suicide there?

Snoopycat_

« Reply #53785 on: November 09, 2019, 09:05:57 PM »
Relax people. Amirox isn't on the run. He's fat as fuck.

Leadbelly

« Reply #53786 on: November 09, 2019, 09:08:57 PM »
lol

What has he done? Because basically this is a guaranteed way of getting youself a one-way ticket back to prison. I can't see why he would be doing this unless he has done something.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #53787 on: November 09, 2019, 09:09:34 PM »
It might just mean they have yet to submit their documentation or something

https://www.mcall.com/news/breaking/mc-state-police-megans-law-compliance-checks-20170519-story.html

Non-compliant doesn't mean much. Just flipping through random pages, about 1 in 40 or so are designated that

Clockwork5

« Reply #53788 on: November 09, 2019, 09:10:01 PM »
Apple Card offered me a crazy high credit limit. Like 30% more than other cards I was checking out. And the APR was some 17% nonsense.

I don’t make a ton of money but my credit score is about as perfect as it could possibly be. I was like this should be the other way around and went with a different card. 1% back? Seriously Apple lol.

Don't think of Apple Card as something Apple acting as the creditor or the bank. They're more like licensing their name out.  Like Nachobro said, get an AmEx and just pay off the balance at the end of the month. People need to treat credit cards like people did with physical money. Don't spend more than what your monthly budget will allow.
Are you speaking to me? I have perfect credit, I know what I’m doing. 
:snob

Leadbelly

« Reply #53789 on: November 09, 2019, 09:12:30 PM »

https://www.mcall.com/news/breaking/mc-state-police-megans-law-compliance-checks-20170519-story.html

Non-compliant doesn't mean much. Just flipping through random pages, about 1 in 40 or so are designated that

Unfortunately, our website is currently unavailable in most European countries. We are engaged on the issue and committed to looking at options that support our full range of digital offerings to the EU market. We continue to identify technical compliance solutions that will provide all readers with our award-winning journalism.

Fucking EU regulations.

shosta

« Reply #53790 on: November 09, 2019, 09:14:39 PM »
pork's name-change :rejoice
每天生气

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #53791 on: November 09, 2019, 09:17:20 PM »

Unfortunately, our website is currently unavailable in most European countries. We are engaged on the issue and committed to looking at options that support our full range of digital offerings to the EU market. We continue to identify technical compliance solutions that will provide all readers with our award-winning journalism.

Fucking EU regulations.

Soz

Troopers completed checks at 4,758 addresses, locating 4,249 Megan's law offenders who had correctly registered their addresses. State police said they've made 51 arrests for offenders who were not compliant. Troopers did not release information on the other 458 non-compliant offenders, but said many cases remain under investigation.

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #53792 on: November 09, 2019, 10:15:36 PM »

Truly nothing more shocking than your personal hero giving you a compliment.  She even says that she doesn't think he was hitting on her, so what's the issue?
Or, maybe the slightest bit of research would have told her that one of the symptoms of Alzheimer's is losing inhibitions and behaving in ways that may seem inappropriate. But, you know, REEEseterans never let the facts get in the way of a potential outrage session or the opportunity to play victim.
Spud

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #53793 on: November 09, 2019, 10:25:59 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/they-say-you-should-never-meet-your-heroes-i-say-you-need-to-find-better-heroes.152184/post-26292365
Quote from: The Kree
Heroes are for children who don't know that grownups ain't shit.
That's why we idolise one-dimensional comic book heroes. Captain Marvel will never let you down, The Kree, ever. Unlike your mum who won't even get you your tendies when you scream loudly from the basement or your dad who left to go get vegan tampons and never came back.
Spud

Switters

« Reply #53794 on: November 09, 2019, 10:27:43 PM »
Relax people. Amirox isn't on the run. He's fat as fuck.

5'8 270 lb. Oh lawd he runnin!
troll

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #53795 on: November 09, 2019, 10:28:55 PM »
Or, maybe the slightest bit of research would have told her that one of the symptoms of Alzheimer's is losing inhibitions and behaving in ways that may seem inappropriate. But, you know, REEEseterans never let the facts get in the way of a potential outrage session or the opportunity to play victim.

"Losing inhibitions"??! "Not appropriate"? All he fucking said was that she looked beautiful or had a pretty smile or whatever. That shouldn't be something someone has to plead insanity on.

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #53796 on: November 09, 2019, 10:45:01 PM »

"Losing inhibitions"??! "Not appropriate"? All he fucking said was that she looked beautiful or had a pretty smile or whatever. That shouldn't be something someone has to plead insanity on.
Perhaps he did so while visibly salivating, and his tongue hanging out his mouth.

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #53797 on: November 09, 2019, 10:48:59 PM »
This is going to be difficult but I have to get my flaws out. I was once attracted to one of my counsellors at my junior high school, while I was in an inclusion program. I was overly obsessed with her, even went as far as making my Xbox 360 and Playstation Home avatars based on her. Nowadays, I forgot all about her and moved on. In addition, I was really attracted to one of my former professors at my previous college. I told her "I love you" as a friend after I finish class and as always, I stopped thinking romantically about her after I was finished with her lectures. I am also very sexually attracted to underage girls and I am a huge piece of shit for doing so. I since deleted the underage Indonesian contacts on my phone and stopped talking to some underaged Russians on VK. Only problem is the age of consent which will make avoiding contacting them extremely hard.
:jared

Ummm.... talk about burying the lede. :yikes

What's VK
:O

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #53798 on: November 09, 2019, 10:52:23 PM »
It's like Russian Facebook the way Weibo is Chinese Facebook

Perhaps he did so while visibly salivating, and his tongue hanging out his mouth.

I feel like that would have been mentioned.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #53799 on: November 09, 2019, 10:53:18 PM »
Weibo is Chinese Twitter. You're right about VK though.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #53800 on: November 09, 2019, 10:56:43 PM »

:fbm

I don't even have an American Twitter

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #53801 on: November 09, 2019, 11:00:02 PM »

I wasn't implying that Pratchett did anything untoward, but even if he did, there's plenty of reason not to be offended anyway.
Spud

Boredfrom

« Reply #53802 on: November 09, 2019, 11:03:52 PM »
Welp, the VK stuff sounds really fucking creepy. I wonder who called him out of it.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #53803 on: November 09, 2019, 11:11:32 PM »

I feel like that would have been mentioned.

He also did the "humminahumminahummina, awooooga awooooga!!" bit like the coyote from those old cartoons.
dog

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #53804 on: November 09, 2019, 11:20:34 PM »

I wasn't implying that Pratchett did anything untoward, but even if he did, there's plenty of reason not to be offended anyway.

But the main reason not to be offended is because nothing offensive seems to have been said or done. Anything else seems like taking a back foot position. In an ideal world she'd explain why she took umbrage with it instead of it being something that has to be defended.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #53805 on: November 09, 2019, 11:25:10 PM »

I don't even have an American Twitter

You should! It's where unfunny comedians thrive.

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #53806 on: November 09, 2019, 11:25:57 PM »

But the main reason not to be offended is because nothing offensive seems to have been said or done. Anything else seems like taking a back foot position. In an ideal world she'd explain why she took umbrage with it instead of it being something that has to be defended.
Well, she's a mod on REEEsetera, so chances that she's just an ungrateful whinging cunt are quite high.
Spud

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #53807 on: November 09, 2019, 11:33:58 PM »

Well, she's a mod on REEEsetera, so chances that she's just an ungrateful whinging cunt are quite high.

I think's she's just a normal person who sees oppression where there's none, which is dumb, but hardly a sin.

: ( you don't have to get all nasty

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #53808 on: November 09, 2019, 11:35:07 PM »
You can call amir0x a dumb cunt though, for obvious reasons

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #53809 on: November 09, 2019, 11:42:27 PM »

I think's she's just a normal person who sees oppression where there's none, which is dumb, but hardly a sin.

: ( you don't have to get all nasty
That's what I said, a cunt.
Spud

Lonewulfeus

« Reply #53810 on: November 10, 2019, 12:55:25 AM »
This place isn’t what it used to be :fbm

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #53811 on: November 10, 2019, 12:57:07 AM »
http://www.thebore.com/forum/index.php?topic=46206.msg2728867#msg2728867

At least resetera will always be what it used to be

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #53812 on: November 10, 2019, 01:55:12 AM »
 :lol

Why does slayven try to talk about adult issues?  He always gets bodied.

Well, until he writes five paragraphs of self-righteous indignation totally unrelated to the issue and everyone quotes him and says, "Yes, this!"
sigh

PogiJones

« Reply #53813 on: November 10, 2019, 02:27:11 AM »
This is going to be difficult but I have to get my flaws out. I was once attracted to one of my counsellors at my junior high school, while I was in an inclusion program. I was overly obsessed with her, even went as far as making my Xbox 360 and Playstation Home avatars based on her. Nowadays, I forgot all about her and moved on. In addition, I was really attracted to one of my former professors at my previous college. I told her "I love you" as a friend after I finish class and as always, I stopped thinking romantically about her after I was finished with her lectures. I am also very sexually attracted to underage girls and I am a huge piece of shit for doing so. I since deleted the underage Indonesian contacts on my phone and stopped talking to some underaged Russians on VK. Only problem is the age of consent which will make avoiding contacting them extremely hard.

What's VK

Caught your interest, did it

Lonewulfeus

« Reply #53814 on: November 10, 2019, 02:36:56 AM »

jorma

« Reply #53815 on: November 10, 2019, 03:38:25 AM »

What's VK

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #53816 on: November 10, 2019, 03:38:52 AM »
https://twitter.com/ReeraTakes/status/1191655029972852737

"15yo and endured a harassment campaign"

"oh well. let's close this bitch and move on"

:rofl

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #53817 on: November 10, 2019, 04:08:10 AM »
Welp, the VK stuff sounds really fucking creepy. I wonder who called him out of it.

Stop associating me with this you sick fucks !
ὕβρις

nudemacusers

« Reply #53818 on: November 10, 2019, 05:18:44 AM »
Anime avatar
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #53819 on: November 10, 2019, 05:22:15 AM »

Stop associating me with this you sick fucks !

:thinking Curious you're denying it, Amir0x alt. :thinking