Author Topic: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible  (Read 3751606 times)

BisMarckie

Re: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible
« Reply #10860 on: April 17, 2019, 10:31:51 AM »
nothing says "i deserve respect as a mod" like banning everyone in a temper tantrum when someone disagrees with you.

i'd say that's the second best way of saying it other than deleting pages of post and shutting down a thread three or more times in a day when people don't post how you want. :doge

RIP james, never forget his 5 stolen likes. :american

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #10862 on: April 17, 2019, 10:34:19 AM »
I'd urge you to consider the idea that you are not making people feel welcome, heard or respected everywhere else on this forum as part of the problem, which is the root cause for any "inexcusable" behavior and metacommentary you witness in this thread.

Also, consider that banning or driving off some of the most valuable members of the community might be a result of forum policy, and not exactly a good sign.

Go ahead and ban Durante too, you dipshits  :lol :lol :lol

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #10863 on: April 17, 2019, 10:37:55 AM »
How do you all keep track of all these rando posters and their post histories? It’s bizarre.

Good memories.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #10864 on: April 17, 2019, 10:40:01 AM »
I'd urge you to consider the idea that you are not making people feel welcome, heard or respected everywhere else on this forum as part of the problem, which is the root cause for any "inexcusable" behavior and metacommentary you witness in this thread.

Also, consider that banning or driving off some of the most valuable members of the community might be a result of forum policy, and not exactly a good sign.

Go ahead and ban Durante too, you dipshits  :lol :lol :lol

SteamERA is about to demoted to "not a platform" again.  :fbm
©@©™

thisismyusername

« Reply #10865 on: April 17, 2019, 10:40:26 AM »
BAN STEAM-GAF ALREADY, YOU COWARDS.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #10866 on: April 17, 2019, 10:45:56 AM »
lmao, I remember back then making meta jokes about dragona was permitted. Then it turned into some weird ban-worship cult around bish. That's when they really started getting loopy

Bish worship was one of the weirdest things on gaf.
Those gifs :neogaf

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #10868 on: April 17, 2019, 10:50:49 AM »
Anyone mind giving a succint summary of the PC gaming thread drama?
^_^

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #10869 on: April 17, 2019, 10:54:07 AM »
Cuphead releases on Steam and Xbox on September 29, 2017: GAF implodes.
Cuphead releases on Switch on April 18, 2019: PC Era implodes.

Coincidence?

Probably.

Go ahead and ban one of the Cuphead devs too, you dipshits  :lol :lol :lol

thisismyusername

« Reply #10870 on: April 17, 2019, 10:57:14 AM »

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #10871 on: April 17, 2019, 10:57:23 AM »

Someone took a cheap shot at JaseC about era's 'villifying journalism' blanket policy
JaseC went "ehhhhhh, you know what... fuck this, I'm out".
Bunch of not-legally-allowed-to-call-themselves-steam-era poured one out for respected former moderator JaseC
not-respected current moderator jawmuncher threw a tantrum
people said "maybe if the mods didn't act like bitches we wouldn't clown on them"
Admins came in and started banning 'metacommentary' posts
BronsonLee is now peacing out too

:lol :lol :lol

daemon

« Reply #10872 on: April 17, 2019, 11:00:31 AM »
https://news.ubisoft.com/en-us/article/348227/supporting-notre-dame-de-paris

(Image removed from quote.)

Great gesture on Ubisoft's part, even if the total sum needed is way beyond that, it's good PR and a demonstration that they care about the historical stuff they use.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #10873 on: April 17, 2019, 11:05:16 AM »
I wanna say that this mod attempt at recontextualizing pisses me off

https://www.resetera.com/threads/sony-cracks-down-on-sexually-explicit-content-in-games-article-states-that-it-refers-to-underage-characters-check-threadmarks.111820/

Oh gee this sounds a little bad on sony's part, maybe they're going too far

But wait the title has been edited

Sony Cracks Down on Sexually Explicit Content in Games (Article States That It Refers to Underage Characters: Check Threadmarks)

Oh it's fine, nothing to see here

Well lemme check that threadmark

Here OP. I will hook you up with some choice quotes from the article:

Sony officials said executives at the company have grown concerned that its global reputation could take a hit from sexually explicit content sold only in a few markets. One of their biggest concerns is software sold in the company’s home market of Japan, which traditionally has had more tolerance for near-nudity and images of young women who might appear underage.
Two factors last year combined to turn that unease into action, these Sony officials say. One was the rise of the #MeToo movement in the U.S., which pointed to the dangers of being associated with content that some might see as demeaning to women. The second was the emergence of channels on sites like YouTube and Amazon Inc.’s Twitch where gamers play in front of a camera and are watched by fans online. That means games meeting Japan’s laxer standards can get world-wide exposure.
In general, any company making a game for a platform like the PlayStation 4, Microsoft Corp.’s Xbox or Nintendo Co.’s Switch signs a contract with the platform maker governing royalties and other items. That gives the platform maker the ability to block games it doesn’t like.

Nintendo said it doesn't regulate sexual content beyond requiring game makers to obtain a rating from national bodies. It said its game systems allow parents to restrict content based on the rating. Microsoft declined to comment.
“You don’t know what they will say until you complete the work and submit it for review,” said the chief executive of a small game developer in Japan. “And if they are not happy, even if they allowed the same degree of sexuality a few days before, we need to take it back and ask our staff to make adjustments. That’s very costly.”
On another note:

The PlayStation 4 is the world’s most widely used videogame console, with more than 94 million units sold around the globe. About $11 billion in PlayStation 4 game software was sold in 2018, according to Sony
There is a lot more, but I figured this would highlight a good portion of it.

Apologist mod plucks out one single word from the article, from a sentence that isn't necessarily implied to be part of a statement by sony

Uses this one word to globally imply that the censorship measures in place are all for the sake of protecting the underage

Even though this fuckery has been going on for a couple years now with many examples across a wide spectrum

And the fact that 90% of games from Japan with underage characters are changed to be 18 in text, which would by definition no longer require any content changes to protect them
Uncle

Boredfrom

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #10875 on: April 17, 2019, 11:06:50 AM »
Is a French studio giving money to a French cause... dunno why the snark...

No snark, I'm saving notre dame with my free copy of Assassins Creed Unity

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #10876 on: April 17, 2019, 11:08:27 AM »
Apologist mod plucks out one single word from the article, from a sentence that isn't necessarily implied to be part of a statement by sony

And the direct quote directly cites Twitch streams and the #metoo movement as their motivation, neither of which have anything to do with underage sexualisation

Boredfrom

« Reply #10877 on: April 17, 2019, 11:10:09 AM »

They outright said: Donate to this cause.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #10878 on: April 17, 2019, 11:11:44 AM »
All this time we expected it would come from elsewhere but Steam GAF are the ones actually opening their own board and not letting go of the dreaded metacommentary.

The moderating is so bad in that thread. It actually would be better to just play internet tyrants and ban everyone without the litany of "mod communications" and "staff posts". Probably would still be a shitshow but it saves you some time. Instead they're giving the impression to both be repressive and instigating that shit.

BronsonLee trolling or announcing his departure in the most tone deaf way possible in that PC gaming thread is fitting to a T.
ὕβρις

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #10879 on: April 17, 2019, 11:13:04 AM »
Uncle

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #10880 on: April 17, 2019, 11:15:37 AM »

They outright said: Donate to this cause.

yeah, I'm not clowning on Ubi, I'm using imdoingmypart!.gif to pretend I'm making a difference when in reality all I'm doing is getting a free game

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #10882 on: April 17, 2019, 11:21:28 AM »
Oh I see

Could it have any similar motivations to the reason JaseC left  :thinking :thinking

:gopnik

This is the now most appropriate gif for this thread

Uncle

porkbun

• #1 Pit-Fighter fan
« Reply #10883 on: April 17, 2019, 11:21:48 AM »
lmao, I remember back then making meta jokes about dragona was permitted. Then it turned into some weird ban-worship cult around bish. That's when they really started getting loopy

The fucked up thing is that he really never gave a shit about any posters on GAF, it was just a power trip for him.  Someone posted on his Twitter about GAF and he replied "not my problem anymore".

FStop7

« Reply #10884 on: April 17, 2019, 11:22:46 AM »

Wet fanboys with no lives mad over free launchers for video games.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #10885 on: April 17, 2019, 11:23:54 AM »

The fucked up thing is that he really never gave a shit about any posters on GAF, it was just a power trip for him.  Someone posted on his Twitter about GAF and he replied "not my problem anymore".

To be fair, the catharsis has got to be incredible

As 3 to 4 resetera moderators are now experiencing
Uncle

Jansen

« Reply #10886 on: April 17, 2019, 11:24:18 AM »
nothing says "i deserve respect as a mod" like banning everyone in a temper tantrum when someone disagrees with you.

i'd say that's the second best way of saying it other than deleting pages of post and shutting down a thread three or more times in a day when people don't post how you want. :doge

On the bire we call it pulling a Bork

marrec

« Reply #10887 on: April 17, 2019, 11:24:42 AM »
Huh, moderators leaving because ResetERA has curated a toxic environment?

Well I never.

agrajag

« Reply #10888 on: April 17, 2019, 11:27:36 AM »
to be fair, why would anyone give a shit about the posters on GAF?

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #10889 on: April 17, 2019, 11:29:21 AM »
you safeguard the farm so you can slaughter the flock
每天生气

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #10890 on: April 17, 2019, 11:29:25 AM »
Uncle

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #10891 on: April 17, 2019, 11:33:04 AM »
The fuck is a reaction score?

agrajag

« Reply #10892 on: April 17, 2019, 11:37:24 AM »

why does it say Jan 2, I logged in like a week ago. Fix your shit, Hitlore!

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #10893 on: April 17, 2019, 11:41:28 AM »

why does it say Jan 2, I logged in like a week ago. Fix your shit, Hitlore!

No one saw you.
©@©™

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #10894 on: April 17, 2019, 11:52:08 AM »

RIP james, never forget his 5 stolen likes. :american

James got banished to the Zio Realm :goldberg
Margs

ResetBanBot

« Reply #10895 on: April 17, 2019, 11:52:48 AM »
re: https://www.resetera.com/threads/pc-gaming-era-april-2019-goodbye-uzzy-is-your-new-king.108742/page-97#post-19929613

I honestly can't tell if BronsonLee is being serious. He's so obnoxious, like a dumb person trying to act witty, it's just such hard cringe. For the purposes of this post I'm going to assume he's being serious.

I'm sad to see people like SweetNicole and BronsonLee leave, without them and VIPs like Red Mercury and Incel Spreadsheets, ResetEra might be an unfunny forum for video games. There would be no hilarious forum commentary, no hypocritical bans messages, no unhinged political commentary. I want to see ResetEra at it's most extreme, unhinged and hilarious.

It's kind of bizarre to see people who are genuinely interested in video game discussion actually participate on ResetEra. They should have realized early on that the memes about ResetEra being about "transparent moderation", and not allowing cults of personality to drive the site were blatant lies. There are many alternatives on the internet where video game discussion is encouraged. Where smaller communities can exist without outsider mods stepping on harmless users for leaving their designated corners, or posting a meme that might just a little too dank.

It's unsurprising to see how little farewell there is for BronsonLee, he'll only get asspats from sycophants and fellow useful idiots.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #10896 on: April 17, 2019, 11:54:07 AM »
He's so obnoxious, like a dumb person trying to act witty

:nope

He's so obnoxious, like a dumb person trying to act gritty

:ohyeah
Uncle

Jansen

« Reply #10897 on: April 17, 2019, 11:55:59 AM »
Why does Bronson Lee have users swinging off his nuts

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #10898 on: April 17, 2019, 11:57:08 AM »
It's kind of bizarre to see people who are genuinely interested in video game discussion actually participate on ResetEra. They should have realized early on that the memes about ResetEra being about "transparent moderation", and not allowing cults of personality to drive the site were blatant lies. There are many alternatives on the internet where video game discussion is encouraged. Where smaller communities can exist without outsider mods stepping on harmless users for leaving their designated corners, or posting a meme that might just a little too dank.

The absolute saddest thing on resetera is Mama Robotnik, who posts long, well-researched articles full of gifs and screenshots and interesting thoughts, completely for free, on a shitty forum

https://www.resetera.com/threads/when-sega-took-on-zelda-they-really-went-for-the-jugular.111554/

This is the seventh piece in Mama Robotnik's Sega Obscura ResetEra Series:

Sega Obscura 1 - The Sega Saturn was the best console EVER for…
Sega Obscura 2 - Sonic 1 (8-bit) is a better game than Sonic 1 (16-bit)
Sega Obscura 3 - The first "Sonic the Hedgehog 2" released hates Sonic, and hates us all
Sega Obscura 4 - The Eleven SEGA "Zeldas"
Sega Obscura 5 - The extraordinary Sega game that played the player
Sega Obscura 6 - The ambitious Sonic game from 2009 that you will never, ever get to play
Sega Obscura 7 - When Sega took on Zelda, they really went for the jugular

:fbm
Uncle

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #10899 on: April 17, 2019, 12:08:20 PM »
I'm sad to see people like SweetNicole and BronsonLee leave, without them and VIPs like Red Mercury and Incel Spreadsheets, ResetEra might be an unfunny forum for video games. There would be no hilarious forum commentary, no hypocritical bans messages, no unhinged political commentary. I want to see ResetEra at it's most extreme, unhinged and hilarious.

bruh, restarea hasn't had a single console generational transition under its belt yet.

shits about to get CRAY, in exactly the same way purple gaf is a smaller and more condensed form of orange gaf

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #10900 on: April 17, 2019, 12:09:18 PM »
The absolute saddest thing on resetera is Mama Robotnik, who posts long, well-researched articles full of gifs and screenshots and interesting thoughts, completely for free, on a shitty forum

like the games journalism its based on, :no1curr about the actual games any more as much as they care about how their interaction with games makes them feel and how they want to tell you more about themselves

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #10903 on: April 17, 2019, 12:19:24 PM »
dog

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #10904 on: April 17, 2019, 12:20:47 PM »
They nuked some dude’s account over this post I can’t
:dead

Goodbye JaseC, be well.

________ continues to be a joke
Edit:Now mentions user requested account closure :fbm

spoiler (click to show/hide)
  :hans1
[close]
Just like stufte!

LOL damn you, damn you to HELL!

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #10905 on: April 17, 2019, 12:26:54 PM »
What did I say? Isn't that what happened, you PM'd them to close your account and they did?
每天生气

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #10906 on: April 17, 2019, 12:30:30 PM »
Why does Bronson Lee have users swinging off his nuts

he's kooky and fun with his abatar!

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #10907 on: April 17, 2019, 12:33:23 PM »
What did I say? Isn't that what happened, you PM'd them to close your account and they did?

Stop trying to subvert my internal narrative about my banning account closure:maf

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
« Reply #10908 on: April 17, 2019, 12:46:01 PM »
surely there's a new phoenix forum capitalising on ree's crumbling empire of filled nappies?

stufte

« Reply #10909 on: April 17, 2019, 12:48:49 PM »
surely there's a new phoenix forum capitalising on ree's crumbling empire of filled nappies?

RebootEpoch.com here I come.

Crumb

• *cough*
« Reply #10910 on: April 17, 2019, 12:58:40 PM »
Heh, Metacouncil hit a new record of most members today.

PogiJones

« Reply #10911 on: April 17, 2019, 01:11:18 PM »
Relationship of RE's mods to its users:

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #10912 on: April 17, 2019, 01:16:54 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/ninja-makes-2019s-time-100-list-of-the-worlds-most-influential-people.112034/post-19934819

dis gon b gud

I’ve been a huge video-game fanatic my whole life. But people have seen it as childish and a waste of time. Ninja was huge in building up the credibility of e-sports. At the end of the day, Ninja is an absolute legend, and someone to whom we owe a lot for making gaming what it is today.

:rejoice

Eila

« Reply #10913 on: April 17, 2019, 01:20:46 PM »

https://www.neogaf.com

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #10914 on: April 17, 2019, 01:29:07 PM »
is that a new site? it looks just like resetti

marrec

« Reply #10915 on: April 17, 2019, 01:31:12 PM »
is that a new site? it looks just like resetti

It has neo in the name of course it's new.

agrajag

« Reply #10916 on: April 17, 2019, 01:33:26 PM »

The Bire stays losing

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #10917 on: April 17, 2019, 01:36:09 PM »
How long until they mulligan and make a new site?

:nsfw :nsfw
Top of the page thinking Yuka :thinking

« Last Edit: April 17, 2019, 03:20:56 PM by demi »

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #10918 on: April 17, 2019, 01:36:29 PM »

The Bire stays losing

None of those people are coming here, so I'd say that's a solid win for The Bore.
dog

agrajag

« Reply #10919 on: April 17, 2019, 01:37:48 PM »

The Bire stays losing

None of those people are coming here, so I'd say that's a solid win for The Bore.

I said The Bire.

:hmph