Author Topic: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible  (Read 3751853 times)

Pwnz

Re: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible
« Reply #21120 on: June 12, 2019, 09:42:15 AM »
Some of the overly sensitive people are acting like it's a transphobic joke.  It's not a joke, this isn't a comedy.  It along with thousands of other things is setting the tone and of the universe it is set in.

BisMarckie

« Reply #21121 on: June 12, 2019, 09:42:22 AM »
I heard that CDPR actually crunched fifteen developers of color to death and when the police came they went "Is Poland what can we do?" and laughed then they all watched Ms.Galaxy's video together.

Dude.
Yeah, and they have to fight off people with a collapsible baton and rape whistle every day in hipster Boston too.

And their therapist (and all their friends and family*) told them they should probably commit suicide after Trump was elected.

*like their mom who is both a transphobic monster who abused them and brought in all their rapists and is also their biggest champion for standing up to abuse

Don‘t forget that a close friend of Ms.Galaxy committed suicide because people don‘t have enough empathy for pedophiles.

BisMarckie

« Reply #21122 on: June 12, 2019, 09:44:02 AM »
I heard that the employees of CDPR make an unlivable wage which makes it impossible for their developers to live in progressive beacons of society like San Francisco, and forces them to live in a alt right hellhole like Cracow or Warsaw.

Bruv

???

Those cities are Poland A, you aren't even aware that they are liberal strongholds?

Very offensive

Today i learned that Danzig(Gdansk) is a second tier city and only szwaby scum like me are from there. :fbm

porkbun

• #1 Pit-Fighter fan
« Reply #21123 on: June 12, 2019, 09:44:26 AM »
Also cancel kielbasa and pierogi.

Oh hell naw

:hans1

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #21124 on: June 12, 2019, 09:46:57 AM »
wait why after being attacked as a child, would you then want to be a friend of the pedos?

This ain't adding up.

Pwnz

« Reply #21125 on: June 12, 2019, 09:47:46 AM »
The latter. It's great to have trans people in advertising, but when you intentionally give them a dick the size of a football and then blatantly show it bulging out you've crossed into blatant fetish territory.

Yes, why have an exaggerated body part in a universe where everyone has exaggerated body parts.  How transphobic.  Mods help.

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #21126 on: June 12, 2019, 09:49:42 AM »
I heard that the employees of CDPR make an unlivable wage which makes it impossible for their developers to live in progressive beacons of society like San Francisco, and forces them to live in a alt right hellhole like Cracow or Warsaw.

Bruv

???

Those cities are Poland A, you aren't even aware that they are liberal strongholds?

Very offensive

Today i learned that Danzig(Gdansk) is a second tier city and only szwaby scum like me are from there. :fbm

Wow u even put the polish name in brackets

Im on the phone to PiS now.

Well find your family.

marrec

« Reply #21127 on: June 12, 2019, 09:50:41 AM »
wait why after being attacked as a child, would you then want to be a friend of the pedos?

This ain't adding up.

So, theoretically, this is a pedo who struggles against their darker desires and confides in Ms. Galaxy about those struggles but has not actually abused any children or consumed any content.

I suppose it's possible for a victim to find a kind of odd kinship with a self-professed "safe" pedo.

marrec

« Reply #21128 on: June 12, 2019, 09:51:45 AM »
The latter. It's great to have trans people in advertising, but when you intentionally give them a dick the size of a football and then blatantly show it bulging out you've crossed into blatant fetish territory.

Yes, why have an exaggerated body part in a universe where everyone has exaggerated body parts.  How transphobic.  Mods help.

Thank god Ads in real life never cross into blatant fetish territory

*goes to retweet memes of Ghostwire dev*

Propagandhim

« Reply #21129 on: June 12, 2019, 09:52:42 AM »

This ain't adding up.

So, theoretically, this is a pedo who struggles against their darker desires and confides in Ms. Galaxy about those struggles but has not actually abused any children or consumed any content.

I suppose it's possible for a victim to find a kind of odd kinship with a self-professed "safe" pedo.

Do you think this relationship developed after she gave up the neo-nazism she was saved from after dating an interracial person, or before?

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #21130 on: June 12, 2019, 09:52:51 AM »
Has someone called for progressive Germany to annex Poland and teach them a lesson?
:O

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #21131 on: June 12, 2019, 09:54:11 AM »
I have a friend who was raped by her father and her father's friends much of her childhood and she has a similarly weird "understanding" of pedos.    Her father has been in prison since she was 12 or so and she still talks to him even.

I know you guys think that person is lying, I still think it's a fucked up thing to joke about.

/joke police
:no1curr

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #21132 on: June 12, 2019, 09:54:59 AM »

This ain't adding up.

Ms Galaxy has made a number of claims, some of which seem directly contradictory, that have enough room for a 'well, I suppose its possible' benefit of the doubt enabled.
But the more generosity you have to expend to allow for the claims to be true, and the more often you have to do it, the counterpoint that "You know, I think they're just actually lying" gains more traction.

BisMarckie

« Reply #21133 on: June 12, 2019, 09:55:57 AM »
Has someone called for progressive Germany to annex Poland and teach them a lesson?

James as always the only poster with pragmatic solutions. :american

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #21134 on: June 12, 2019, 09:57:35 AM »
Detroit chief: Nazis wanted 'Charlottesville 2.0' at Detroit gay pride event
"I'm told through our intelligence sources (the Nazis) wanted (Charlottesville 2.0)," Craig said. "We knew we wanted to be properly staffed, and we were.

"Both groups were taunting our officers with racial epithets," Craig said, adding there were about 15 Nazis and "15-20" counter-protesters who were "masked-up and referring to our African American officers inappropriately."

"The one group (the Nazis) was armed," Craig said. "We didn't want the opposing group to assault them and respond in a way that would be violent."
"(The Nazis) had their attorney present, and they had cameras," Craig said. "According to our intelligence, they were hoping because of open carry (laws) they were frankly trying to bait this police department and bait the other side," Craig said.

"The opposing group was trying to bait our officers as well," Craig said. "Both groups were wrong.

wait, the popo didn't want to go beat up gays and hang out with nazis like era said?

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #21135 on: June 12, 2019, 09:59:16 AM »

It's people like you, and society, that drove one of my oldest friends into suicide. He was a good and charitable man, would never hurt a fly. He even had a romantic relationship with a petite woman his age (23) that was very supportive of his issue and they planned to get married. He killed himself because of fear, the fear of society and the fear of harming his own future children. He went to every damn therapist in the state of Massachusetts as he could and most of them just called the police even though he was looking for help.

You people disgust me. These people, these human beings, are living in fear, many would never harm a child in their life, and many of them want help, real help. I am a victim of child molestation, I still have PTSD over it, but even I can sympathize with pedophiles who do their hardest to be functional members of society while society decided to hold a knife around their neck and will cut it at the slightest mention of their issue.
Because you are looking at this as a black and white issue. Are you a terrible person for not sympathizing with them? No, I wouldn't say that, but I would say you never met a pedophile and developed a friendship with them. You don't understand what a true pedophile is and what it means to be one. They are real people, with real goals and achievements, they want a happy life, but that one thing is holding them down. The interesting fact is many assume they just want to have sex with children, but the truth is that a lot of them want a consensual relationship with children, hence why killing off the libdo of a pedophile rarely works. There are even such a thing as asexual pedophiles, people who just want a romantic relationship with a child with no desire to have sex.

My friend was plagued with it since he was 15 years old, the thoughts scared him, it pushed him to depression, anxiety, and eventually suicide. He tried to live life normally, even found some happiness in a woman his age, but the thing is that he still had those thoughts and any happiness was quickly replaced with dread. He tried to seek help, but society turn him down and labeled him as a monster.

Should we celebrate these people for resisting their urges? In my opinion, yes, because they're struggling to overcome not only lust and taboo, but also society's label on them as monsters that need to be executed for even having thoughts. In fact, it's that latter that causes most of them to struggle with it. If we live in a world where society was more sympathetic toward pedophiles and accept that it's a psychological condition that needs to be treated, than research would progress, new treatment methods would be discovered, and pedophiles would have a way to help themselves while child sex crime start to dwindle down. In fact, more pedophile would actively seek out help instead of living in fear where the thoughts would fester until they actually commit the crime and/or kill themselves.

The topic here is that we, as a society, needs to stop demonizing and assuming that all pedophiles will always rape children. These are people with a condition that needs help, and demonizing is just going to make things worse.

BisMarckie

« Reply #21136 on: June 12, 2019, 09:59:44 AM »
"I'm told through our intelligence sources (the Nazis) wanted (Charlottesville 2.0)," Craig said. "We knew we wanted to be properly staffed, and we were.

"Both groups were taunting our officers with racial epithets," Craig said, adding there were about 15 Nazis and "15-20" counter-protesters who were "masked-up and referring to our African American officers inappropriately."

"The one group (the Nazis) was armed," Craig said. "We didn't want the opposing group to assault them and respond in a way that would be violent."
"(The Nazis) had their attorney present, and they had cameras," Craig said. "According to our intelligence, they were hoping because of open carry (laws) they were frankly trying to bait this police department and bait the other side," Craig said.

"The opposing group was trying to bait our officers as well," Craig said. "Both groups were wrong.

wait, the popo didn't want to go beat up gays and hang out with nazis like era said?

Both groups, huh?

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
« Reply #21137 on: June 12, 2019, 10:00:16 AM »
i don't think resetera wants to play cyberpunk.

which is funny because they really really want to play cyberpunk.

benjipwns

« Reply #21138 on: June 12, 2019, 10:05:46 AM »
I have a weird relationship with my mom. I don't love her, but I feel pity for her, and also hate her at the same time. She made a lot of mistakes in her life, each of which hurt me severely. My father was abusive drunk who hovered me above boiling water and sexually violated me, her decision was to let him continue doing stuff like that until we escaped to the U.S. when I was 6. He did this shit since I was born. (I don't know about Portuguese laws back in the 90s, but I highly doubt she couldn't call the cops after the amount of bruises me and her had from that monster.)

Moving to the U.S. was also a big mistake because she had no financial support once she got into this country and as such, once we had a place to live, she left me alone 80% of the time at home to work in a factory and a restaurant. It got worse when she started dating a guy who raped me for a couple of months straight. The worst part is that she heard stuff from that guy's ex about what he's done to her son and choose to ignore her. Also, that monster was never convicted. He left without any consequences because I was too traumatized to say anything and mom decided to never called the cops on him. Instead, she thought it would be best that she took my more colorful clothes away and cut my hair to make me look more boyish. (I have no idea what made her think that would help.)

After all that, she never told anyone about what happened, no even therapists, who then thought I just had ADHD because of how I was behaving (I never had ADHD), and they gave me a medication that eventually caused me to have NAFLD later on. Because of her idiocy, my liver nearly died, luckily once I was 16 I went to my own physiatrist who saw what truly was wrong with me. My liver is better thankfully.

Through out my teen years, when I was exploring my gender and sexuality, she forced me to not explore them by pretty much ruining my friendships and relationships by embarrassing me and telling me that I'll suffer if I'm gay or someshit like that. I became an outcast because of her, she treated all my friends like muggers. Worse is that my gender dysphoria was starting to show a lot more around that time, so it hurt me more that she was forcing this stupid over-masculinity onto me. When she finally got into a car crash when I was 15, I finally had some damn room to breath and had a relationship with a cute guy I liked. Sad it only last 5 months before she recovered and was taking "care" of me again.

Now she, along with my "family", are trying to stop me from transitioning from male to female by really abusive and disgusting means. I plan to move and completely lose connections with her, because I've had enough of how much she has ruined my life. But at the same time, I feel a bit of pity. In her head she thinks what she's doing and has done was all for the better of me, but never once did she ever say "Is this okay?" to me. She never asked me questions, never considered my opinion; it doesn't help she has bipolar disorder either. Even when that's the case, I can't over look how horrible my life was because of her, nor can I love her after all of that.
I haven't, to be honest. Been contemplating suicide for days now, everyday makes me feel the urge to finally do it, but I feel like I'm needed to fight against this madness, so I remain alive regardless of such thoughts. I try to fight everyday; volunteer, protest, and talk to people, but when I get home, those thoughts fly in my head. I don't have really anything left to live for, especially not since December.

It's funny too, my friends and even my therapist have all said not to commit suicide, but recently even they are not so sure if that's a bad choice. Even my own mother said she would understand if I go. It's pretty much just depression and hopelessness on my end completely.
I suppose I could take a small bit of time off when Breath of the Wild comes out. Would be rather nice. You're right, I can't burn out all my fuel early on. Just the anger and pain makes me push myself hard.

It hurts seeing my ex cry at night because he fears his friends and parents will be deported, it hurts to see some of people I know commit suicide because of what Trump represents to them, it hurts to see my family run away from a country they called home since the 80s, and it hurts more to see my mother living her life in fear. She's old, weak, and disabled; I wanted her to have the remaining of her life be a peaceful one, she has earned it. Now I hear her cry over the phone, I hear her say she's scared of losing her disability and being kicked out in the streets, that she's scared of what laws these monsters will pass that could and likely will harm me, and in general she's afraid of living in fascist state again.

benjipwns

« Reply #21139 on: June 12, 2019, 10:07:10 AM »
I'm pretty sure you don't just recover from NAFLD of the level claimed ("my liver nearly died") and can be drinking like Ms.Galaxy was openly on NeoGAF.com either. Your liver will fail and you will die.
Firstly, I'm am clearly jot particularly hetero but I mean wow. He was just so goooood. The whole act was incredible. Am going to have a ride a dildo now and honestly when their letting you know their cumming its probably been a great might. Drink wine and suck cocks, guys.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #21140 on: June 12, 2019, 10:07:46 AM »

Both groups, huh?

the people wearing masks screaming racial epithets at officers to try and provoke a riot weren't in the wrong, that's just how their community polices their own

benjipwns

« Reply #21141 on: June 12, 2019, 10:11:08 AM »
Yup, this game is going to be full of stereotypes and bad representations of people. That’s just the vibe I get from CDPR. They seem like edgelords.
best case scenario, you are fighting against this kind of messaging and this an example of what is wrong. Kinda like swastikas in wolfenstein,
I mean, thats what i'm telling myself as i hope it's the case

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #21142 on: June 12, 2019, 10:12:10 AM »

Thank god Ads in real life never cross into blatant fetish territory

*goes to retweet memes of Ghostwire dev*

Look, I don't know how much you know about cyberpunk (I'm an expert) but it definitely never crosses into blatant fetish territory.
©@©™

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #21143 on: June 12, 2019, 10:13:21 AM »
I haven't, to be honest. Been contemplating suicide for days now, everyday makes me feel the urge to finally do it, but I feel like I'm needed to fight against this madness, so I remain alive regardless of such thoughts. I try to fight everyday; volunteer, protest, and talk to people, but when I get home, those thoughts fly in my head. I don't have really anything left to live for, especially not since December.

It's funny too, my friends and even my therapist have all said not to commit suicide, but recently even they are not so sure if that's a bad choice. Even my own mother said she would understand if I go. It's pretty much just depression and hopelessness on my end completely.

Yes, as such I'm not going down without a fight and will fight Death himself at my deathbed. Gonna Teddy Roosevelt this.

(I'm deeply afraid of death and have nights without sleep thinking about non-existence.)

I mean, its possible to have thanatophobia and suicidal ideation simultaneously I guess

benjipwns

« Reply #21144 on: June 12, 2019, 10:13:48 AM »
Not just normal Polish transphobia:
User Banned (1 month): Disingenuous transphobia; account still in junior phase

Why is it a fetish? If that's how someone wants to be expressed who are you to call it over sexualized?
If this thread is outraged because a girl has a penis and NOT the tag line, then I think there is a different phobic issue at hand.
To assume it's purely being sold as a sex fetish is a huge jump. It looks purley like a red bull ad.

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
« Reply #21145 on: June 12, 2019, 10:16:00 AM »
I have a friend who was raped by her father and her father's friends much of her childhood and she has a similarly weird "understanding" of pedos.    Her father has been in prison since she was 12 or so and she still talks to him even.

I know you guys think that person is lying, I still think it's a fucked up thing to joke about.

/joke police

I’ll double down and say ms galaxy is not only a liar, she is a compulsive liar who does it for attention. She inserts herself in topics unrelated to her many many struggles.
Oi Oi

benjipwns

« Reply #21146 on: June 12, 2019, 10:16:50 AM »
CDPR didn't do shit about their side, it got swept under the rug. This is why they don't get the benefit of the doubt, and the hands-on demos mentioning all sorts of casual racism is why they don't deserve it.
ALL SORTS OF CASUAL RACISM in the demos now!

At this point, the collective view seems clear. There have been too many incidents involving them before for me to give them any benefit of the doubt. I didn't play TW3, and I definitely won't play this trash.
Are people saying this ad can make sense in the game world totally ignoring CDPR’s history of un-adressed social problems on purpose?

benjipwns

« Reply #21147 on: June 12, 2019, 10:17:31 AM »
User Banned (3 days): insensitive driveby

damn thats a big dick
User Banned (permanent): troll account

That is some ridiculous reaching there. No matter how you spin it this is a positive thing for LGBT+ community. I really wish people would learn to take a win.

benjipwns

« Reply #21148 on: June 12, 2019, 10:19:19 AM »
This is highlighting a different kind of problem. CDPR has a history of anti-trans actions. They are also in a country which has not undergone an acceptance/inclusion movement. I think expecting them to be inclusive and understanding is unfortunately out of the question considering their environment. This is the problem. A good portion of the world falls under this category. A category in which the culture itself is bigoted at the root. They will look at us here in the USA and laugh for our inclusive movement and continue about their merry day. So what should we do? I think the answer just simply has to be boycotting and moving on. Raging will just make them go further into bigotism.
:awesome

benjipwns

« Reply #21149 on: June 12, 2019, 10:21:41 AM »
use your real account coward.
It's pretty easy for mods to track down main accounts when people use burners, don't worry

benjipwns

« Reply #21150 on: June 12, 2019, 10:22:40 AM »
But, like some have said, CDPR (and their benefactors in the Polish gvt) do not have/deserve the benefit of the doubt.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #21151 on: June 12, 2019, 10:24:27 AM »
I mean
(Image removed from quote.)
(Image removed from quote.)

I'm demi, and basically I don't really feel any sexual attraction towards people unless I have a relationship of sorts with them regardless of their gender. Like, you can give me pictures of a hot person by any standards you have doing sexually provocative poses, and while I can acknowledge their appeal, I just cannot get sexually stimulated by them. Meanwhile, give me similar pictures of any of my friends, and I will likely get aroused.

I mean, its possible that they feel enough of an emotional connection to Link from the BOTW enough to find cool young dude fanart hawt. I guess

benjipwns

« Reply #21152 on: June 12, 2019, 10:24:44 AM »
This twitter take is incorrect though, I think I saw you posting another tweet by this person yesterday, is this the only trans person you know on twitter? Why are they an authority on anything? The ad in game is world building a post gender world where gender fluidity is fetishized to sell products, you know that thing all of lgbtq+ twitter was making fun of all of last week on twitter when #brands were talking about how progressive they were? This is the cyberpunk equivalent.
:dead

benjipwns

« Reply #21153 on: June 12, 2019, 10:26:20 AM »
I’m not supporting this crap. I’m sorry for the artists though. Some character design has been really interesting but this game will surely end up pushing the alt-right hate agenda, and i’m not gonna be part of that.
watching them amp up each other in real time is hilarious, they're so insane over nothing :lol

I have little faith in the writing of this game in general. From what I've seen and heard it's mostly concerned with wanting to be cool.

Pwnz

« Reply #21154 on: June 12, 2019, 10:28:57 AM »
Remember that much of era also things that Cartman in South Park is an endorsement by the show runners of what Cartman says.

benjipwns

« Reply #21155 on: June 12, 2019, 10:30:39 AM »
“4channer” is probably the best way to describe CDPR.
:rofl

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
« Reply #21156 on: June 12, 2019, 10:31:31 AM »
anyone with a sleeper account on a wind up will be going hard on that thread. rile them up to the point where any hint that you're even ambivalent about CDPR and cyberpunk 2088 will be grounds for a ban.

benjipwns

« Reply #21157 on: June 12, 2019, 10:32:39 AM »
But what is a transperson in the Cyberpunk universe, or more specifically, would there be a strong trans community/identity? Because in the original tabletop RPG sourcebooks, plastic surgery (aka. biosculpting) is cheap, readily available, and can do pretty much anything. A transwoman can be indistinguishable from a cis-woman if she wants, complete with reshaped bone structure and vocal chords, and a fully functional womb and ovaries. And that wouldn't be a particularly startling surgery when you have people grafting claws and feathers and fully functional shark heads to their bodies. That ad simply depicts a person who, for whatever reason, chooses to give a feminine appearance combined with a giant dick.
So, genuine question: If you want to depict this future where gender fluidity is basically commodified, you just basically shouldn't even do that?

Also, any depiction of truly overt sexualization would be for shock value. This isn't unique to trans people. So to criticize it on that basis, I don't know...
MODS HELP

marrec

« Reply #21158 on: June 12, 2019, 10:32:58 AM »
There's a problem with this tangential argument over Ms. Galaxy's veracity:

It doesn't actually matter.

Who cares if she was violated in the ways she claims, those claims have no more practical weight than anyone else's when it comes to denigration or celebration of THQN.

Theoretically, what happened was terrible, but those things that happened are not at all related to THQN hosting an ill-advised AMA on a chan board.

I understand why Benji digs tho, it's what he does, he's a diglett.

benjipwns

« Reply #21159 on: June 12, 2019, 10:33:43 AM »
cdpr and gog are clearly going for the gamergate audience

don't support their games

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #21160 on: June 12, 2019, 10:34:59 AM »

marrec

« Reply #21161 on: June 12, 2019, 10:35:48 AM »
Why do people keep using the word "joke" to describe it?

Coffee Dog

« Reply #21162 on: June 12, 2019, 10:35:55 AM »
As someone who thinks that many games benefit from having characters from diverse backgrounds, I can't in any way reccomend anyone to feature trans characters unless the entire game itself is about trans struggle (like that Swery game). There is no such thing as "good" representation, all portrayal of trans individuals is, in my memory of the last 5 or so years of the industry, intensely problematic.

Every element of a trans character is ripe for criticism. Are they too feminine, not feminine enough, do they have a dick or not, are they wearing makeup, etc. If I put a chinese person or a black person in my game, unless they act like a stereotype, people arent going to reject them as valid representation. If the game is abour a squad of soldiers for example, people will accept that there is a chinese or black person on the squad and not flip out. That isnt true of trans people. The appearance of trans or nonbinary people in the work is itself cause for anger, and given that the anger and confusion seems universal no matter what the characters look like, your only option is to trot out a trans person like a show dog when promoting it or just dont tell the community the character is trans before launch.

benjipwns

« Reply #21163 on: June 12, 2019, 10:36:28 AM »
Ms.Galaxy running ResetERA.com's most insane users into believing that a major corporation actually spreads child pornography is fantastic. I hope it continues endlessly.

They're just cowards for refusing to ever ban any of these criminal Nazis who run the gaming industry. ResetERA.com is a legitimate hate site promoting Vladimir Putin's Polish armies that were founded in GamerGate. That's the main reason I refuse to post my sales analysis there anymore.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #21164 on: June 12, 2019, 10:38:05 AM »
There's a problem with this tangential argument over Ms. Galaxy's veracity:

It doesn't actually matter.

Who cares if she was violated in the ways she claims, those claims have no more practical weight than anyone else's when it comes to denigration or celebration of THQN.

Theoretically, what happened was terrible, but those things that happened are not at all related to THQN hosting an ill-advised AMA on a chan board.

Which should be true, but isn't.
Any topic about THQ - even tangentially, like Limited Run Games doing a Red Faction physical pressing - on era is a topic about THQ and Ms. Galaxys claims.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #21165 on: June 12, 2019, 10:38:35 AM »

So they can be offended to be the target of mockery

benjipwns

« Reply #21166 on: June 12, 2019, 10:38:51 AM »
They mention in the Twitter discussion that there are several trans people working at the company, as artists, voice actors etc. And apparently they have good relations with them. I don’t think things are as simple as you put it because clearly they are under the influence of a lot of trans people that they have accepted into the company. How they then chose to represent them, well that’s the real mystery.
no no no, none of this

I mean if the trailers have not give you the “try hard” and edgy vibe yet...

And i’m sure the negative commentary will come. They make the perfect recipe to dismiss any criticism with this game. I’m sure the violence and nudity will further move the alt-right agenda of hate here, and it’ll be all dismissed because this is a highly anticipated game with a cyberpunk futuristic world. This is cdpr, they couldn’t even commit to the female V they showed before, for the marketing.
yes yes yes, more of this

marrec

« Reply #21167 on: June 12, 2019, 10:38:52 AM »
As someone who thinks that many games benefit from having characters from diverse backgrounds, I can't in any way reccomend anyone to feature trans characters unless the entire game itself is about trans struggle (like that Swery game). There is no such thing as "good" representation, all portrayal of trans individuals is, in my memory of the last 5 or so years of the industry, intensely problematic.

Every element of a trans character is ripe for criticism. Are they too feminine, not feminine enough, do they have a dick or not, are they wearing makeup, etc. If I put a chinese person or a black person in my game, unless they act like a stereotype, people arent going to reject them as valid representation. If the game is abour a squad of soldiers for example, people will accept that there is a chinese or black person on the squad and not flip out. That isnt true of trans people. The appearance of trans or nonbinary people in the work is itself cause for anger.

It wouldn't be a bad idea if you're a game dev who wants to include Trans representation in their game to consult a trans dev/writer.

That way you can shield yourself from potential criticism by directing all outrage toward them.

Oh, and also because diversity etc. etc.

Boredfrom

« Reply #21168 on: June 12, 2019, 10:39:25 AM »
But what is a transperson in the Cyberpunk universe, or more specifically, would there be a strong trans community/identity? Because in the original tabletop RPG sourcebooks, plastic surgery (aka. biosculpting) is cheap, readily available, and can do pretty much anything. A transwoman can be indistinguishable from a cis-woman if she wants, complete with reshaped bone structure and vocal chords, and a fully functional womb and ovaries. And that wouldn't be a particularly startling surgery when you have people grafting claws and feathers and fully functional shark heads to their bodies. That ad simply depicts a person who, for whatever reason, chooses to give a feminine appearance combined with a giant dick.
So, genuine question: If you want to depict this future where gender fluidity is basically commodified, you just basically shouldn't even do that?

Also, any depiction of truly overt sexualization would be for shock value. This isn't unique to trans people. So to criticize it on that basis, I don't know...
MODS HELP

This shouldn’t be the ideal RE world? Godlike plastic surgery seems to be something they would desire.

benjipwns

« Reply #21169 on: June 12, 2019, 10:39:59 AM »
Yeah, but why specifically transphobia? Especially in this time? It just comes across as "Haha, Trans people LOL!" it's clearly insulting in nature and not in that parodical "Pisswasser" GTA fashion. There's just no reason for it beyond promoting transphobia.

benjipwns

« Reply #21170 on: June 12, 2019, 10:40:59 AM »
some people in places where fascist ideas are popular (which, let's face it, is the case in poland, considering which party is in power) defend those ideas by trying to claim it's a part of their culture. then they hijack social justice language and claim that criticism of those fascist ideas is akin to criticizing their culture

the same thing happened a lot in kingdom come deliverance threads

it's a form of arguing in bad faith
also the United States and the United Kingdom pal :bolo

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #21171 on: June 12, 2019, 10:41:24 AM »

Every element of a trans character is ripe for criticism. Are they too feminine, not feminine enough, do they have a dick or not, are they wearing makeup, etc. If I put a chinese person or a black person in my game, unless they act like a stereotype, people arent going to reject them as valid representation. If the game is abour a squad of soldiers for example, people will accept that there is a chinese or black person on the squad and not flip out. That isnt true of trans people. The appearance of trans or nonbinary people in the work is itself cause for anger.

It wouldn't be a bad idea if you're a game dev who wants to include Trans representation in their game to consult a trans dev/writer.

That way you can shield yourself from potential criticism by directing all outrage toward them.

Oh, and also because diversity etc. etc.

you forgot how that worked out?
https://www.resetera.com/threads/waypoint-how-the-red-strings-club-sabotages-its-hopeful-cyberpunk-vision.18193/post-3631590

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #21172 on: June 12, 2019, 10:41:47 AM »
But they just got Switcher 3 fps :??? will they boycott it as well?
Switcher  :lol

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #21173 on: June 12, 2019, 10:43:09 AM »
the idea that only women can write women, black people for black people etc is super lame, have women, black and white people write whatever they want and judge the story based on it's strength. A recent example of this going sideways is a black comics writer who's frustrated as fuck because they keep trying to get him to write black chars when he wrote whatever was interesting before.

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night
« Reply #21174 on: June 12, 2019, 10:44:19 AM »
Ms.Galaxy running ResetERA.com's most insane users into believing that a major corporation actually spreads child pornography is fantastic. I hope it continues endlessly.

They're just cowards for refusing to ever ban any of these criminal Nazis who run the gaming industry. ResetERA.com is a legitimate hate site promoting Vladimir Putin's Polish armies that were founded in GamerGate. That's the main reason I refuse to post my sales analysis there anymore.

https://twitter.com/BenjiSales/status/1137372602631147520

Benji, your love of Cyberpunk is problematic at best.  :doge

benjipwns

« Reply #21175 on: June 12, 2019, 10:44:21 AM »
I've tried to read through the Tweets and this thread regarding the context to this, and I see a lot of people taking this ad as a joke, which tonally doesn't seem to mesh with anything else? Have we seen any other in-game ads besides the three in that image? Because tonally, hypersexualisation for an energy drink makes sense, but obviously that falls apart if this is the only advert in-game that's like this.
MARREC POST FROM YOUR MAIN ACCOUNT COWARD

Propagandhim

« Reply #21176 on: June 12, 2019, 10:45:37 AM »
Damn, it went from some 20-year old social media manager meme-ing "Durrr, are you assuming their gender lol" to the transgressive nature of the rogue-state of Poland pretty quickly.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #21177 on: June 12, 2019, 10:45:58 AM »
Is Switcher 3 fps the first nazi-funded game on a Nintendo console  :thinking
nintendo predates WWII so i'd argue at some point they had nazi money in their coffers and continue to benefit from it  :shaking

marrec

« Reply #21178 on: June 12, 2019, 10:46:34 AM »
the idea that only women can write women, black people for black people etc is super lame, have women, black and white people write whatever they want and judge the story based on it's strength. A recent example of this going sideways is a black comics writer who's frustrated as fuck because they keep trying to get him to write black chars when he wrote whatever was interesting before.

The problem when you expand that into murkier gender identity territory without much representation is that you end up with cis-dudes trying to write what they think is a well-represented trans character but just getting shit wrong left and right. Research on these topics can only take you so far because the rules seem to be different depending on who is creating the content.

Better to cover your bases when it comes to what has become a third-rail of representation.

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
« Reply #21179 on: June 12, 2019, 10:47:04 AM »
Every element of a trans character is ripe for criticism. Are they too feminine, not feminine enough, do they have a dick or not, are they wearing makeup, etc. If I put a chinese person or a black person in my game, unless they act like a stereotype, people arent going to reject them as valid representation. If the game is abour a squad of soldiers for example, people will accept that there is a chinese or black person on the squad and not flip out.

i don't think you're right there, there's a strict code of conduct that you have to abide to for any character that isn't essentially a straight white male, who can be anything you want them to be. this means all the best characters tend to be straight white guys since you can write them free of any baggage, instead of getting cancelled for not making them positive representations.

the housers ignore this shit for the most part though and for whatever reason have always gotten away with it.