Author Topic: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible  (Read 3780568 times)

paprikastaude

Re: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible
« Reply #30900 on: July 15, 2019, 10:24:19 PM »
[MEDIA=youtube]9pQNYeOEFJc:344[/MEDIA]

White male fragility in video form. Why are they still allowed on here?

That forum has simply become irredeemably insane. But then again, why am I still acting surprised, after this shit cult of theirs didn't hold back bullying some dude on suicide watch because of his supposed hate crime known as... being a little vulgar from time to time.

the video (captain mahvel review) is btw super reasonable about disney marketing and the main actress talking dumb shit, but you can't have that - we must protect our deep puritanical values and corporate cock sucking!
« Last Edit: July 15, 2019, 10:34:57 PM by Spieler1 »

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #30901 on: July 15, 2019, 10:25:16 PM »
Patrick's dad was like a big shot vp of sales for some sports company.

Also lol at this

https://www.google.com/amp/s/cz.youtubers.me/patrick-klepek/youtube-estimated-earnings/en.amp

Damn, he probably lost a cool $3 by not streaming Mario Maker this afternoon.
©@©™

paprikastaude

« Reply #30902 on: July 15, 2019, 10:32:16 PM »

Rman

« Reply #30903 on: July 15, 2019, 10:33:49 PM »
ERA's obsession with getting woke approved consensus on every menial topic--a damn nerdy YT channel with some neckbeards--is borderline obsessive.  It's always a garbage "Resettler" leading the way.

paprikastaude

« Reply #30904 on: July 15, 2019, 10:35:38 PM »
The occasional unfortunate take but mostly harmless. This isn't Brain Force Plusing or white nationalism disguised as movie reviews.
No it's not. How do you think sexist and racist ideas spread?
Quote from: PhoncipleBone, post: 22787318, member: 1144

Death by a thousand cuts. It shouldn't be spread no matter how minor.

Kill the people who jokingly disagree with me on children's movies (that they mostly like anyway)? This sounds like a very normal person.

e: I need to close that thread, no need to get triggered at 4AM. :doge
« Last Edit: July 15, 2019, 10:53:45 PM by Spieler1 »

Averon

« Reply #30905 on: July 15, 2019, 10:41:19 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/its-time-to-stop-supporting-red-letter-media-and-their-bigotry.129228/page-6#post-22788127

I posted receipts (in the OP). Where are yours? I'll wait. Show me just how progressive they are.
Did you just admit to being an alt account? Whoops.

:lol

Anti-Monitor

« Reply #30906 on: July 15, 2019, 10:41:24 PM »
Holy Shit, all of this is because RLM is trending on YouTube:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/its-time-to-stop-supporting-red-letter-media-and-their-bigotry.129228/
Quote from: Haee, post: 22786741, member: 5415

Good god, they are trash. I remember hearing about them from Game Grumps, I watched a video about them talking about Infinity War trailer and they were like "Hello? Who cares about Thanos, nobody gives a shit about this villain" and I immediately knew they weren't worth my time.

holy shit they don't love every aspect of my disney shlock marketing??? LOCK EM UP :trigger
And I mean, the movies had given absolutely no reason to give a fuck about Thanos before Infinity War, and in their review of it, once he actually does shit, they praise Thanos a ton.

Red Letter Media says dumb stuff sometimes, but they are great entertainers. And very much self-aware. We can't have that. :mike

« Reply #30907 on: July 15, 2019, 10:42:33 PM »
I stopped watching them after their fuckboy takes on The Force Awakens and Ghostbusters. I don’t need their smirking anti-progressive garbage soiling the stuff that brings me joy.

I definitely don’t need to hear why Star Wars sucks now actually, and hurr hurr Captain Marvel, look, she’s a woman.

They have their issues but taking a Plinkett video at face value... come on

The unfunny reactionary writing brings down the latest Plinkett Star Wars reviews.

They ain't slick as to what actually angers them about RLM. But to be fair that clip of Rich Evans doing the Chinese impression was actually :doge

Averon

« Reply #30908 on: July 15, 2019, 10:49:52 PM »
So, their argument now is that the Plinkett character CAN be taken literally. They were expressing their racism and sexism through that "parody" character. RLM tried to be slick, but they let the mask slip one too many times. Reee was on top of things and saw through the charade.

:ufup
« Last Edit: July 15, 2019, 10:55:29 PM by Averon »

pizzashit

« Reply #30909 on: July 15, 2019, 11:10:35 PM »
reeee needs to rescue the poor lady plinkett has in his basement, they've already rescued my mind from these racists  :usacry

zepblackstar

« Reply #30910 on: July 15, 2019, 11:15:24 PM »
resetea banned  Grace Randolph? :lol :lol

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #30911 on: July 15, 2019, 11:16:24 PM »
Quote from: B-Dubs
this thread is generating a lot of reports so we're just giving it a quick lock to work through them

this is so friendly and business-as-usual

:-[ :heartbeat knock knock, housekeeping!  :heart hey friends just here to tidy up a little bit and then we'll be out of your hair  ;) :D
Uncle

Dennis

« Reply #30912 on: July 15, 2019, 11:21:10 PM »
Looks like RLM has been canceled  :doge

Their Plinkett reviews of the Star Wars movies are legit amazing. The rest of their content seems a bit or miss.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #30913 on: July 15, 2019, 11:23:18 PM »
They ain't slick as to what actually angers them about RLM. But to be fair that clip of Rich Evans doing the Chinese impression was actually :doge

this isn't a situation where on the regular they're discussing the chinese market for the film and rich pops in every time to say "oooooh me speekee chinee honorable sir prease"

they all literally just got done watching a man speak to them in a language they couldn't understand for an hour

and following up with "what, they talk like that" is an obvious caricature, he doesn't mean it literally

it's a Norm MacDonald sort of take, "I love all people whether they're queers or normal," being intentionally offensive
Uncle

« Reply #30914 on: July 15, 2019, 11:32:08 PM »
I figured. Still gave me Mickey Rooney vibes.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #30915 on: July 15, 2019, 11:36:29 PM »
also I'm not sure I get the logic of how mimicking the way a language sounds is supposed to be racist

if you do mangled engrish the implication is that they're too stupid to learn to talk correctly

if you're doing complete phonetic gibberish how does that mean anything besides "this sounds funny to my western ear"
Uncle

« Reply #30916 on: July 15, 2019, 11:43:02 PM »
I suppose it's more the meanness and mockery behind it, or lack thereof. If there was a squinted up face and imitation of buck teeth or whatever that makes the intention a lot clearer that it's just nasty.

You're right though Rich wasn't doing that. And I love Rich and Norm and that type of humor. For whatever reason that was the one example that made me pause and think "Ehh that was probably too far."

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night
« Reply #30917 on: July 15, 2019, 11:44:09 PM »

https://www.resetera.com/threads/its-time-to-stop-supporting-red-letter-media-and-their-bigotry.129228/

Good god, they are trash. I remember hearing about them from Game Grumps, I watched a video about them talking about Infinity War trailer and they were like "Hello? Who cares about Thanos, nobody gives a shit about this villain" and I immediately knew they weren't worth my time.

holy shit they don't love every aspect of my disney shlock marketing??? LOCK EM UP :trigger
And I mean, the movies had given absolutely no reason to give a fuck about Thanos before Infinity War, and in their review of it, once he actually does shit, they praise Thanos a ton.

Red Letter Media says dumb stuff sometimes, but they are great entertainers. And very much self-aware. We can't have that. :mike

railGUN

• If my bones are breaking would you tell me that I'm weak?
« Reply #30918 on: July 15, 2019, 11:56:33 PM »
https://www.neogaf.com/threads/it-has-been-4-years-since-gay-marriage-has-been-legalized-in-the-us.1492945/

Jesus tap-dancing Christ, Malka, look what you've created.

From this:

To this?
The gay marriage battle has given way to battle to allow parents to inject sex hormones (puberty blockers) into their 7 year old kids and all sorts of other vile ridiculousness. So no, I don't think it's cool. At the time I thought it was great, but now I'm thinking it should have ended at "tolerance."

Because normalizing "gay" has moved the bar to where all this other shit is now being normalized. I think treating "gay" as if it's normal is bad for society as a whole.

Gay culture is not normal, and trying to normalize it doesn't gel with many other facets of the culture.You can't have this be a normal acceptable part of your culture (Image removed from quote.)
Then in the same breath say you want to be treated like everyone else, it's ridiculous.

I tend to agree. I don't want children exposed to this kind of shit. I don't want children to be giving any thought to "sexual identity" "gender identity" before hitting puberty. Yet here we are in 2019 with children's TV programming introducing them to gay characters.

Good job man.
Fish<

paprikastaude

« Reply #30919 on: July 16, 2019, 12:01:57 AM »

(Image removed from quote.)

reee as a collective working hard so the two people that aren't treating RLM like criminals in that thread get not only permed, but  preferably publicly humiliated too. I'm surprised that they have that extra time, since they are so busy boycotting amazon for a whole day.

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #30920 on: July 16, 2019, 12:06:36 AM »

Keep the Malaysians out of Star Wars. Those dirty people ain't never done no good for nobody.

My butt is hurt

Era has really been looking for some shit to ban this weekend. 
sigh

thetylerrob

« Reply #30921 on: July 16, 2019, 12:15:24 AM »
:lol at these spergs expecting a ban of RLM because they were mean to Star Wars.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #30922 on: July 16, 2019, 12:15:36 AM »
https://www.neogaf.com/threads/it-has-been-4-years-since-gay-marriage-has-been-legalized-in-the-us.1492945/

Jesus tap-dancing Christ, Malka, look what you've created.

From this: (Image removed from quote.)

To this?
The gay marriage battle has given way to battle to allow parents to inject sex hormones (puberty blockers) into their 7 year old kids and all sorts of other vile ridiculousness. So no, I don't think it's cool. At the time I thought it was great, but now I'm thinking it should have ended at "tolerance."

Because normalizing "gay" has moved the bar to where all this other shit is now being normalized. I think treating "gay" as if it's normal is bad for society as a whole.

Gay culture is not normal, and trying to normalize it doesn't gel with many other facets of the culture.You can't have this be a normal acceptable part of your culture (Image removed from quote.)
Then in the same breath say you want to be treated like everyone else, it's ridiculous.

I tend to agree. I don't want children exposed to this kind of shit. I don't want children to be giving any thought to "sexual identity" "gender identity" before hitting puberty. Yet here we are in 2019 with children's TV programming introducing them to gay characters.

Good job man.

http://www.thebore.com/forum/index.php?topic=46206.msg2624575#msg2624575

Practically plagarism

remy

• my hog is small but it is mighty
« Reply #30923 on: July 16, 2019, 12:16:42 AM »
reee as a collective working hard so the two people that aren't treating RLM like criminals in that thread get not only permed, but  preferably publicly humiliated too. I'm surprised that they have that extra time, since they are so busy boycotting amazon for a whole day.
hey shut the FUCK up patrick klepek had to give up mario maker 2 for one whole day and now he's stuck watching FUCKING evangaalion you capatalist fucking 1%er pig

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night
« Reply #30924 on: July 16, 2019, 12:17:56 AM »

Ree just wants blood.

Boredfrom

« Reply #30925 on: July 16, 2019, 12:22:24 AM »
Mike wants to kill prostitutes and eat pizza rolls?  :holeup

Averon

« Reply #30926 on: July 16, 2019, 12:29:59 AM »
So that whole spiel about it's OK to like 'problematic' content as long as you're aware of it no longer apply? Everyone I've seen that watches RLM content agrees that they said some dodgy things in the past that they deserve criticism for. That's no longer enough I guess.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #30927 on: July 16, 2019, 12:31:40 AM »
I was never onboard the RLM hype train. Wow, they made fun of the prequels way back when. That's real hard to do.

Finally they’re getting dragged. They’ve always been trash. Even their film analysis is awful. Everyone should just watch Lindsay Ellis instead

ὕβρις

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #30928 on: July 16, 2019, 12:38:33 AM »
Mike wants to kill prostitutes and eat pizza rolls?  :holeup

And I want to fuck Jay. What is your point?

Wait, did I say that out loud? :doge

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #30929 on: July 16, 2019, 12:40:26 AM »
Quote from: OP

https://www.resetera.com/threads/a-critique-of-red-letter-media%E2%80%99s-bigoted-content-see-staff-post.129228/page-2#post-22787030

The video where they describe Captain Marvel as "the movie dumb bearded white guys are protesting" is evidence of white male fragility?

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #30930 on: July 16, 2019, 12:40:29 AM »
Took a look at the permanent RLM fan thread on the community side and sure enough...

https://www.resetera.com/threads/redlettermedia-ot-very-cruel.804/page-127#post-22781778

The "Is it bad the film was made by a legit creeper?" "Yes, but it doesn't matter because a dude gets blown up by a bazooka" was an obvious joke.

That did not seem like a joke to me, but okay then.

:derp

https://www.resetera.com/threads/redlettermedia-ot-very-cruel.804/page-127#post-22784958
ὕβρις

railGUN

• If my bones are breaking would you tell me that I'm weak?
« Reply #30931 on: July 16, 2019, 12:44:31 AM »
Nowadays, if you say you don't support gay marriage you are bombarded with hateful slurs. Ironically, gays and those who supported gay marriage decades ago were bombarded with hateful slurs.

:thinking

Really makes you think, huh.
Fish<

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #30932 on: July 16, 2019, 12:45:18 AM »
What? What the hell did I miss? Did they post an offensive video recently?
They made a Star Wars video.

:rodney

https://www.resetera.com/threads/redlettermedia-ot-very-cruel.804/page-127#post-22788764
ὕβρις

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #30933 on: July 16, 2019, 12:47:58 AM »

(Image removed from quote.)

*laughs in Rich Evans*

Boredfrom

« Reply #30934 on: July 16, 2019, 12:48:50 AM »
They made a Star Wars video and is trending on YT. Also, like a week ago, they reached a million of subscribers. 

paprikastaude

« Reply #30935 on: July 16, 2019, 12:48:59 AM »
Quote from: OP

https://www.resetera.com/threads/a-critique-of-red-letter-media%E2%80%99s-bigoted-content-see-staff-post.129228/page-2#post-22787030

The video where they describe Captain Marvel as "the movie dumb bearded white guys are protesting" is evidence of white male fragility?

but that sequence also calls out the idiocy of the slacktivism and shilling that reees entire existence is based on. of course they need to declare it nazi propaganda, otherwise they'd need to accept that they are fucking idiot losers.  :doge

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #30936 on: July 16, 2019, 12:59:49 AM »

clothedmacuser

« Reply #30937 on: July 16, 2019, 01:02:30 AM »
Did I miss some new reason to bring them up again with this thread? The same people who post the same negative and positive things about RLM are here again, ad nausem. Every time they are mentioned, all of the points in the OP are posted in whatever thread they are mentioned in. I don't watch RLM besides some BotW a year ago, but if they're relegated to their own OT thread in hangouts, who cares?

Quote from: Excel
Because they're not contained at all?

You just admitted as such.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/a-critique-of-red-letter-media%E2%80%99s-bigoted-content-see-staff-post.129228/post-22789686

Containment Breach!!!!!!

sigh

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #30938 on: July 16, 2019, 01:03:38 AM »
ὕβρις

clothedmacuser

« Reply #30939 on: July 16, 2019, 01:04:21 AM »
I mean ultimately I think they're a net negative on discourse due to their utter ignorance and sometimes outright intentionally malicious views on social issues, mixed with their abject cynicism and propensity to become easily memed wherein people substitute their own opinion for theirs.
:doge

Imagine that.  People not thinking for themselves and relying on simple memes to create their identity.

sigh

clothedmacuser

« Reply #30940 on: July 16, 2019, 01:09:53 AM »

^
Know how I know Excel grew up near a college?
sigh

clothedmacuser

« Reply #30941 on: July 16, 2019, 01:11:29 AM »
Middle page Nuka

:nsfw
spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]
sigh

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #30942 on: July 16, 2019, 01:15:46 AM »
Abject Cynicism from the pit of neverending despair, frustration and self hatred that is RE is :dead
ὕβρις

clothedmacuser

« Reply #30943 on: July 16, 2019, 01:48:54 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/redlettermedia-ot-very-cruel.804/post-22783508
Man, that Etcetera thread is really something else.

Yall got a discord or nah?

Women and minorities leaving in droves.  Also everyone else.
sigh

clothedmacuser

« Reply #30944 on: July 16, 2019, 01:54:02 AM »
Quote from: Steve Winwood
All the stuff in the other thread has been brought up before.

I'm not saying that to dismiss it or say it's not important, but that this isn't a new thing and the conversation about it has been on going for years. Pick any random page from this thread and there's like a 50 50 chance you'll find a discussion about a lot of those same clips.

My first reading of that thread was also mild confusion because I'm not sure how you run into them in the wild if you ignore their youtube page. This thread is off in community and not super active. Their videos rarely get threads and those are usually created because some people know they'll cause chaos and discord at this site.

It honestly just felt with that thread like someone had a bad day and wanted to see if they could stir some shit for fun. (Edit even though I read it earlier I forgot about some of the posts on the last page from earlier today so I guess I kind of take it back the general discussion is completely out of nowhere today)

A majority of criticism for a lot of their comments I've really only seen in this thread so it's not like they get away with it here or we ignore it. I'm always disappointed when they say some dumb shit, and yes their criticism isn't groundbreaking or anything. But they have some funny stuff and I can acknowledge all of that together at the same time.

Watching personality breaks from Era can be fun but sometimes it's also a unique peek into the lives of others.  Those who have functioning brains at least. 

Actually, it's more fun to see RedMercury and Excelsiorif deal with a "wrong thought," and their processing it into "good think." 

Wait, Shy is a RLM fan?

https://www.resetera.com/threads/redlettermedia-ot-very-cruel.804/post-22790217

Lol, they are.  Shy likes RLM because of star wars reviews or something.  What a piece of hypocritical shit.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2019, 02:01:39 AM by clothedmacuser »
sigh

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #30945 on: July 16, 2019, 03:27:26 AM »

Reading that page is almost like reading this thread. Lots of people who see through the Era garbage. Lonewolfeass, get your underground railroad into action and invite some fresh meat to the bore.
Spud

Averon

« Reply #30946 on: July 16, 2019, 03:28:59 AM »
Bobby's tireless work that helped plant the seed of RLM finally getting 'canceled' has paid off. He may be perm'd but his work and spirit lives on through RLM hatred on Reee  :salute  :bobby

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #30947 on: July 16, 2019, 03:38:08 AM »

Reading that page is almost like reading this thread. Lots of people who see through the Era garbage. Lonewolfeass, get your underground railroad into action and invite some fresh meat to the bore.

:nope

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #30948 on: July 16, 2019, 03:40:29 AM »

:ltg

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #30949 on: July 16, 2019, 03:46:48 AM »
C'mon, be brave. They can't be much worse than the degenerates who already call known hate site The Bore home.
Spud

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #30950 on: July 16, 2019, 03:52:29 AM »
I mean ultimately I think they're a net negative on discourse due to their utter ignorance and sometimes outright intentionally malicious views on social issues, mixed with their abject cynicism and propensity to become easily memed wherein people substitute their own opinion for theirs.
:doge

Imagine that.  People not thinking for themselves and relying on simple memes to create their identity.

PEOPLE SHOULD WATCH NOSTALGIA CHICK INSTEAD

THANKS, I HATE IT

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #30951 on: July 16, 2019, 04:01:08 AM »
Literally the only reason they're saying "oh you should watch lindsay ellis not rlm" is because nostalgia chick isn't mainstream enough to get tall poppied by the hipster-woke era mob who can then go through literally every single thing they have ever said or done to cherry pick "problematic" pieces to then decalre how they always knew there was something wrong with her, and how she was always chasing that "alt-right" audience.

"She's a big kanye fan, so I guess she believes slavery happened to black people because they secretly wanted it, I don't know how youtube allows that sort of hate speech" - era topic in 5 years time

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #30952 on: July 16, 2019, 04:02:16 AM »
C'mon, be brave. They can't be much worse than the degenerates who already call known hate site The Bore home.

Yes but the pedo ratio here is much lower than resets.

We have Dennis when he’s banned from ree, James obviously,  Riotous, and glen. Do we really wanna add more  :jared ?

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #30953 on: July 16, 2019, 04:08:35 AM »
We all knew that the day RLM dissed Star Wars again this would start.

They’ve just been waiting for them to slip up so they could finally post their discord’s group project.

agrajag

« Reply #30954 on: July 16, 2019, 04:24:42 AM »
lol I love Kamiya

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #30955 on: July 16, 2019, 05:03:02 AM »

Yes but the pedo ratio here is much lower than resets.

We have Dennis when he’s banned from ree, James obviously,  Riotous, and glen. Do we really wanna add more  :jared ?
Well four people is hardly enough to have a lively paedo  discord server now is it?

Bring them on I say
Spud

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #30956 on: July 16, 2019, 05:06:08 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/redlettermedia-ot-very-cruel.804/post-22791313

I said it before, they're just in dire need of some female opinions. hell, if you're afraid of women, start with drag queens! jaymes mansfield is engaging into youtube collabs recently and he's from milwaukee! (although, I don't know how comfortable he'd be)

Expect to see soon more comments of how RLM are now confirmed afraid of women and hate drag queens.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2019, 05:13:28 AM by VomKriege »
ὕβρις

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #30957 on: July 16, 2019, 05:18:27 AM »
I read that earlier and I'm like how does a drag queen help them? Super weird.

nudemacusers

« Reply #30958 on: July 16, 2019, 05:22:31 AM »
Cis White women trump voters < woke drag queens
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Snoopycat_

« Reply #30959 on: July 16, 2019, 05:28:36 AM »
Christ Tyler, I know your broke and only a few clicks away from that retail job, but maybe people would come back if you cleaned up this shit

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/it-has-been-4-years-since-gay-marriage-has-been-legalized-in-the-us.1492945/#post-254871628