Author Topic: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible  (Read 3792746 times)

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
Re: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible
« Reply #31320 on: July 17, 2019, 10:38:48 AM »
shugga gotta be a troll right? They're so full of hate it's insane.

Quote from: shugga
No it's not
Family ain't shit
Source: cut off half of my family after they started harassing my mother while/after she got divorced
https://www.resetera.com/threads/my-family-are-all-trump-supporters-is-time-for-me-to-leave.129368/post-22821841

"Family ain't shit, I cut off half of my family to support someone in my family"

:derp

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
« Reply #31321 on: July 17, 2019, 10:48:10 AM »
Neogaf is so grotesque it’s not even enjoyable to mock them anymore.
Great boob thread though. Those cats know how to curate a nice set of knockers, gotta give 'em that.

Imagine thinking a boob thread sans nudity is good curation.
Oi Oi

jorma

« Reply #31322 on: July 17, 2019, 10:50:09 AM »
For those thinking EviLore is still raking in the cash. 

NeoGAF, approx # of posts for June of the given year (measured from June 2 - July 1st since web archive didn't have 6/1 for this year)

2017:  1,226,198
2019: 108,673

And for reference;  I ran a forum years back that had adsense, we were approximately as active as NeoGAF is today.  Would have easily cleared 100k posts during E3 month, had a rank of about 14k on Alexa, etc.  My monthly payout from AdSense was anywhere from like $200-600. 

Granted, EviLore has a forum with 100+ million other posts of content, my forum was new, he has better SEO than I did, has other avenues of income like referral links that I didn't have set up, etc... but if you think he's making a good living off of NeoGAF in the year of our lord 2019, I have news for you... you have to get REALLY active before the payouts start getting large for an AdSense forum, and I'm also pretty sure switching to XenForo completely screwed his SEO of his old content as he wasn't smart enough to handle the fact all of the URLs for the forum changed.

thinking with your massive dong again, completely forgetting the sweet 50 bucks he pulls in on gaf gold subs every month

i bet you're just jelly of his success story with turning the ship around after the night of long daggers in his poor innocent back

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #31323 on: July 17, 2019, 10:55:21 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-sims-features-an-lgbtq-couple-on-a-game-cover-for-the-first-time-ever-see-staff-post.129446/

This thread needed a staff post because people were upset that it's a lesbian couple and not a male one

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #31324 on: July 17, 2019, 11:10:52 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-sims-features-an-lgbtq-couple-on-a-game-cover-for-the-first-time-ever-see-staff-post.129446/

This thread needed a staff post because people were upset that it's a lesbian couple and not a male one

yes, so progressive, an attractive lesbian couple

:social2

I mean I get it but everyone seems to agree that on top of having them on the cover, the Sims is pretty far ahead on representation and offering gender and orientation options, and yet a lot of the thread read sarcastic and negative. It's hard to shake the impression that even if they had a gay male couple, people would nitpick them being not diverse / fat / ugly / include your own here enough. It's not that people should feel placated by this but the way some of the complaints are worded end up being it's own kind of insulting to lesbians.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2019, 11:21:35 AM by VomKriege »
ὕβρις

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #31325 on: July 17, 2019, 11:11:18 AM »
I mean if one of them is actually a trans M2F then they'll be happy.
But how do you depict that without being deeply transphobic.

BisMarckie

« Reply #31326 on: July 17, 2019, 11:11:56 AM »
Sarcastic and negative responses on NeoGAF 2.0? :pika

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #31327 on: July 17, 2019, 11:15:36 AM »
"even on sims I end up a sexless incel"  :itagaki

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
« Reply #31328 on: July 17, 2019, 11:15:41 AM »
I mean if one of them is actually a trans M2F then they'll be happy.
But how do you depict that without being deeply transphobic.

Have her inject hormones as part of the game system.
Oi Oi

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #31329 on: July 17, 2019, 11:19:30 AM »
Insert predator-handshake.jpg meme, where the arms are marked Neogaf & Resetera and the hands are marked "hating literally any LGBTQ representation in media*.
©@©™

BisMarckie

« Reply #31330 on: July 17, 2019, 11:20:06 AM »
Insert predator-handshake.jpg meme, where the arms are marked Neogaf & Resetera and the hands are marked "hating literally any LGBTQ representation in media*.

Joe about to make the big meme dollars. :success

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #31331 on: July 17, 2019, 11:21:43 AM »

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #31332 on: July 17, 2019, 11:23:00 AM »

Quote from: Spyware
This thing also comes just a month after Maxis made a huge mistake with their last patch, the one that added a bunch of Pride stuff in collaboration with the It Gets Better Project. There is a flag you can hang on the wall now that comes in many different variations. Gay pride, trans pride, asexual pride and so on. But at first, there was no lesbian flag option, they were completely overlooked. I learned a lot from the discussions that happened after that in regards to how lesbian women feel about representation and how the rest of the LGBTQ+ community reacted to it (which I would describe with a word like "flippant" maybe). There is a huge problem with hand-waving away the need for actually good lesbian representation. Much of what we get is fetishized stuff ment for the male gaze.

:social2 :social
Uncle

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #31333 on: July 17, 2019, 11:25:25 AM »
For those thinking EviLore is still raking in the cash. 

NeoGAF, approx # of posts for June of the given year (measured from June 2 - July 1st since web archive didn't have 6/1 for this year)

2017:  1,226,198
2019: 108,673

And for reference;  I ran a forum years back that had adsense, we were approximately as active as NeoGAF is today.  Would have easily cleared 100k posts during E3 month, had a rank of about 14k on Alexa, etc.  My monthly payout from AdSense was anywhere from like $200-600. 

Granted, EviLore has a forum with 100+ million other posts of content, my forum was new, he has better SEO than I did, has other avenues of income like referral links that I didn't have set up, etc... but if you think he's making a good living off of NeoGAF in the year of our lord 2019, I have news for you... you have to get REALLY active before the payouts start getting large for an AdSense forum, and I'm also pretty sure switching to XenForo completely screwed his SEO of his old content as he wasn't smart enough to handle the fact all of the URLs for the forum changed.

the forum about what a dickhead evilore is is far more entetrtaining than the wordpress blog about what a dick you are though

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #31334 on: July 17, 2019, 11:31:52 AM »
riotous is much more efficient at making enemies
Uncle

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #31335 on: July 17, 2019, 11:36:06 AM »

yeah, I don't get why some people are all "Oh, I wonder what Das NeuGaffen think about homosexual marriage".
It's like "Wow, I just had really unpleasant diarrhea, I'd better stick my head in the bowl and find out if it smells as bad as I think it does".

Era are constantly hilarious in a Mr Bean Tries To Do A Simple Task kind of way, in watching how badly they fuck up something so seemingly simple.
"Oh, the ACLU are dog-whistling white supremacists because they fought for the freedom of speech rights for a group they clearly share zero ideological ground with? Okay."

VomKriege

• Do the moron
ὕβρις

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #31337 on: July 17, 2019, 11:45:30 AM »
User Banned (3 Days): Handwaving inflammatory modwhining, accumulated infractions.

when it's just not regular modwhining:
User Banned (3 Days): Inflammatory modwhining, accumulated infractions.

Man. I had to just hit ignore on the Etc thread. And the OP, too, who was so thirsty to make sure every complaint got a new threadmark. As the thread descended into a dogpile and banfest it just got really difficult to stomach.

I'm hoping that if I can just use the ignore list feature I can enjoy the site a bit more than I have been, but it seems like toxic behavior by people who are ideologically aligned with the moderation's positions is bound to go unchecked, while crossing the moderation's personal beliefs will pretty much catch you a ban one way or another - usually because of the assertion that such disagreement constitutes "defending sexism," or "dismissing racism," no matter how careful the person is to say that they abhor sexist and racist actions they believe are happening, they just don't believe it is happening in this case. "Drive-by" is one that only comes out if you're not in lock-step, despite dozens of completely disingenuous, unsubstantiated, dismissive one-liners that are on the preferred side of a discussion flying by with no problem; it's a good catch-all if the mods just want to hit mute on someone who isn't down with the position being taken.

This is not to say RLM is above criticism, but the discussion is never about criticizing a thing someone said, it's a rush to make a broader judgement call on who the person is. In that kind of environment it is really difficult to make this case that "I don't think they're that kind of person - here's why," even though that's the exact question being begged when the OP begins a crusade to cancel someone. And it's difficult because going there to make the discussion about the kind of person they are is engaging more with the general than the specific complaint, which treads into appearing to "handwave" or "dismiss" or "defend."

I love how progressive this place is - the political threads are really fun for me for that reason, this is all just about the toxicity of the discussion trajectory that happens time and again and how moderation enables it. I don't notice it so much when the target is something I'm less familiar with, or if I agree unreservedly in the takedown in progress. In the case of RLM, it disturbed me quite a bit.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2019, 11:59:51 AM by Joe Molotov »

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #31338 on: July 17, 2019, 11:50:15 AM »
when it's just not regular modwhining:
User Banned (3 Days): Inflammatory modwhining, accumulated infractions.

Man. I had to just hit ignore on the Etc thread. And the OP, too, who was so thirsty to make sure every complaint got a new threadmark. As the thread descended into a dogpile and banfest it just got really difficult to stomach.

I'm hoping that if I can just use the ignore list feature I can enjoy the site a bit more than I have been, but it seems like toxic behavior by people who are ideologically aligned with the moderation's positions is bound to go unchecked, while crossing the moderation's personal beliefs will pretty much catch you a ban one way or another - usually because of the assertion that such disagreement constitutes "defending sexism," or "dismissing racism," no matter how careful the person is to say that they abhor sexist and racist actions they believe are happening, they just don't believe it is happening in this case. "Drive-by" is one that only comes out if you're not in lock-step, despite dozens of completely disingenuous, unsubstantiated, dismissive one-liners that are on the preferred side of a discussion flying by with no problem; it's a good catch-all if the mods just want to hit mute on someone who isn't down with the position being taken.

This is not to say RLM is above criticism, but the discussion is never about criticizing a thing someone said, it's a rush to make a broader judgement call on who the person is. In that kind of environment it is really difficult to make this case that "I don't think they're that kind of person - here's why," even though that's the exact question being begged when the OP begins a crusade to cancel someone. And it's difficult because going there to make the discussion about the kind of person they are is engaging more with the general than the specific complaint, which treads into appearing to "handwave" or "dismiss" or "defend."

I love how progressive this place is - the political threads are really fun for me for that reason, this is all just about the toxicity of the discussion trajectory that happens time and again and how moderation enables it. I don't notice it so much when the target is something I'm less familiar with, or if I agree unreservedly in the takedown in progress. In the case of RLM, it disturbed me quite a bit.

I assume the inflammation from that mod whining is rectal, because whichever mod did that is sure butt hurt

Boredfrom

« Reply #31339 on: July 17, 2019, 12:08:37 PM »
I don't notice it so much when the target is something I'm less familiar with, or if I agree unreservedly in the takedown in progress. In the case of RLM, it disturbed me quite a bit.

:curious

You don’t want to be in the right side of the court of public opinion?

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #31340 on: July 17, 2019, 12:11:30 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/one-of-the-most-infuriating-discussions-is-of-having-a-type.129252/page-6#post-22828566

Why is this all about looks?

I prefer intelligent, creative people with unique perspectives who aren’t afraid to be seen as the ‘odd one out’. Interested in art, music, culture and in touch with their own feelings and emotions. Caring and curious introverts with unique hobbies and a lot of passion for what they think is cool without caring what other people think. A drive to make the world a better place but with both feet planted firmly on the ground. Loves sushi.

There, that’s my type. And i’m so lucky I found one.

Christ

Did you find it in the mirror or up your own ass?

:lol
ὕβρις

jorma

« Reply #31344 on: July 17, 2019, 12:47:51 PM »
so uh, it seems that "the kree" got banned, but i can't find why

he is extra protected so it must have been a glorious meltdown

Dennis

« Reply #31345 on: July 17, 2019, 01:36:30 PM »

He got banned for 3 days.

User Banned (3 Days): Ignoring staff post; thread derail, Accumulated infractions.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/187-republicans-just-voted-on-the-record-for-racial-religious-ethnic-and-national-persecution-see-staff-post.129442/page-3#post-22824655

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #31347 on: July 17, 2019, 01:42:05 PM »

User Banned (3 Days): Ignoring staff post; thread derail, Accumulated infractions.
Hey, everybody, look - a cop who doesn't want you to have your guard up about minority persecution - the exact thing he gets paid to do.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/187-republicans-just-voted-on-the-record-for-racial-religious-ethnic-and-national-persecution-see-staff-post.129442/post-22824655

#notagoodlook #badoptics #sortthis

Edit: Beaten  :'(

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #31348 on: July 17, 2019, 02:15:08 PM »
Thread: The Real Science of "Gender Transitioning" (Featuring EviLore)

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/the-real-science-of-gender-transitioning.1492960/#post-254875684

There is no "transition," there's just butchery followed by cheap cosmetic imitations, and then a lifetime of physical brokenness & infertility for the sake of a fantasy.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2019, 02:20:33 PM by Kara »

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #31349 on: July 17, 2019, 02:18:39 PM »
Thread: The Real Science of "Gender Transitioning" (Featuring EviLore)

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/the-real-science-of-gender-transitioning.1492960/#post-254875684

There is no "transition," there's just butchery followed by cheap cosmetic imitations, and then a lifetime of physical brokenness & infertility for the sake of a fantasy.

Female to Male is actually a death sentence. It comes with a 100% chance of cancer.

It's one of those forbidden facts that people don't like to bring up during trans discussion.

Without going into personal reasons, I was heavily researching the subject and the info was all out there. There were LOTS of medical papers about it.

This is genuinley freaking me out. It's like it's all be scrubbed from the internet or something :/ Feel like I'm in a Twilight Zone episode or something.

Google must have Mandela Effect'd away the LOTS of medical papers that transitioning 100% guarantees you to get cancer. :thinking
©@©™

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #31350 on: July 17, 2019, 02:20:08 PM »
UNLIMITED CANCER on a LIMITED PLANET

SmokyDave

« Reply #31351 on: July 17, 2019, 02:21:36 PM »
Great boob thread though. Those cats know how to curate a nice set of knockers, gotta give 'em that.

It’s a boob thread. I want to see boobs in various delightful not-big-enough outfits, with a good amount of jiggle. Full nudity is not necessary.

Sometimes you want to savour a well presented starter, not shoot for the main course.

Phrases omitted from this post include ‘badly packed kebab’ and ‘beef curtains’.

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #31352 on: July 17, 2019, 02:23:23 PM »
Who would have thought pumping your body with stuff it doesn't naturally produce to alter yourself wasn't healthy.

EXCUSE ME SIR, if God didn't want me to have MTN DEW BAJA BLAST™ he wouldn't have made it so delicious.
©@©™

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #31353 on: July 17, 2019, 02:25:52 PM »
UNLIMITED CANCER on a LIMITED PLANET

New Twitter slogan?

agrajag

« Reply #31354 on: July 17, 2019, 02:27:59 PM »
Who would have thought pumping your body with stuff it doesn't naturally produce to alter yourself wasn't healthy.

EXCUSE ME SIR, if God didn't want me to have MTN DEW BAJA BLAST™ he wouldn't have made it so delicious.

:drool :drool :drool

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #31355 on: July 17, 2019, 02:29:06 PM »
Although not directly related to Google, the amount of effort given to suppressing anything that goes against the preferred narrative makes me assume Google has suppressed quite a bit.

:rollsafe

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/the-real-science-of-gender-transitioning.1492960/post-254884927
ὕβρις

Anti-Monitor

« Reply #31356 on: July 17, 2019, 02:29:36 PM »

It’s a boob thread. I want to see boobs in various delightful not-big-enough outfits, with a good amount of jiggle. Full nudity is not necessary.

Sometimes you want to savour a well presented starter, not shoot for the main course.

Phrases omitted from this post include ‘badly packed kebab’ and ‘beef curtains’.
Needing nudity to enjoy big tits shows a distinct lack of imagination.

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #31357 on: July 17, 2019, 02:30:22 PM »

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #31358 on: July 17, 2019, 02:30:59 PM »
The conspiracy theory that the entire left which they think includes big tech is super pro-trans to the point they suppress articles about transitioning giving people cancer is both idiotic and insane.

Why would someone pro-trans want to suppress info about cancer risks?

Because trans people want to convert everyone and brainwash them into transition.
We said the same about the gays before but this time we have it from some solid sources (NOT Google).
ὕβρις

agrajag

« Reply #31359 on: July 17, 2019, 02:31:30 PM »
the nipple is the best part tho

Anti-Monitor

« Reply #31360 on: July 17, 2019, 02:33:55 PM »
 :exxy :exxy :exxy :exxy :exxy

nudemacusers

« Reply #31362 on: July 17, 2019, 02:36:33 PM »

It’s 2019 and we are in a global crisis and you sit here acting like I have the time for that. Must he nice to have imagination privilege.
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #31363 on: July 17, 2019, 02:36:51 PM »
The conspiracy theory that the entire left which they think includes big tech is super pro-trans to the point they suppress articles about transitioning giving people cancer is both idiotic and insane.

Because trans people want to convert everyone and brainwash them into transition.
We said the same about the gays before but this time we have it from some solid sources (NOT Google).

Using Bing to own the libs.
©@©™

marrec

« Reply #31364 on: July 17, 2019, 02:44:49 PM »

Did you forget that my "listen to your medical doctor" advice got me banned for transphobia?

BisMarckie

« Reply #31365 on: July 17, 2019, 02:47:51 PM »

Did you forget that my "listen to your medical doctor" advice got me banned for transphobia?

I like that you conveniently left out the part where you said that you were disgusted by transgender people and someone should “take care“ of the growing trans epidemic.

agrajag

« Reply #31366 on: July 17, 2019, 02:50:21 PM »

What does that have to do with my statement?

Resetera does not represent the left, certainly not the left-leaning people in big tech.

he means that they'd ignore the cancer warnings

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #31367 on: July 17, 2019, 02:51:54 PM »

What a reveal, marrec is wearing tin-foil hats !  :gladbron

spoiler (click to show/hide)
I don't disagree that ERA self appointed minorities spokepersons™ do have a tendency to circle the wagons up to outright rejecting facts and science. But it's a far cry from conspiracy.
[close]
ὕβρις

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #31368 on: July 17, 2019, 02:52:06 PM »

appeal to authority  :wag
Uncle

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

SmokyDave

« Reply #31370 on: July 17, 2019, 02:52:41 PM »

Ass thread or GTFO
https://www.neogaf.com/threads/nsfw-butt-thread.1472214/

There you go.

I honestly don’t see how resetera can hope to compete with this shit. The future is mad racist, but it’s also lovely, soft, and round.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
ὕβρις

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #31373 on: July 17, 2019, 02:58:14 PM »
Quick search suggests they have openly discussed cancer risks in the Transgender 101 thread on Resetera.

did they give it a pretty fair analysis or does it seem to have been downplayed
Uncle

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX
« Reply #31374 on: July 17, 2019, 02:59:29 PM »
I am going to co-opt that for my already long list of anti-dog rhetoric.

Thanks.

nudemacusers

« Reply #31375 on: July 17, 2019, 03:01:40 PM »

Ass thread or GTFO
https://www.neogaf.com/threads/nsfw-butt-thread.1472214/

There you go.

I honestly don’t see how resetera can hope to compete with this shit. The future is mad racist, but it’s also lovely, soft, and round.
Reddit is much better for this :trumps
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #31376 on: July 17, 2019, 03:11:58 PM »
The Virgin Resetera: "I see a belly button on this cis woman who stars in my favorite Marvel movie"  :brazilcry"

The Normie NeoGAF: "Titties and butts"  :teehee

The Chad Bire: "Is that the original Panzer Dragoon playing in the background of this BBC DP deepthroat filler-sama"  :juche
🤴

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #31377 on: July 17, 2019, 03:15:39 PM »
https://twitter.com/ladypalerider/status/1151121412960268288

:yikes :yikes :yikes

Hot take:
morons love twitter because nobody listens to them in real life. Because they're fucking morons.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #31378 on: July 17, 2019, 03:16:17 PM »
https://twitter.com/JoshGriffiths33/status/1151389123019587584

Another benji alter.

Edit : the dude wanking it to all Pokémons. :dead
ὕβρις

Ghoul

« Reply #31379 on: July 17, 2019, 03:17:51 PM »
I saw that tweet earlier didn’t want to post as it was too stupid

Glad to see bork bring it here, you know that girl is trouble in a bad way.