Author Topic: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible  (Read 3751503 times)

EightBitNate

• I don’t wanna be horny anymore, I wanna be happy

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
Re: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible
« Reply #37563 on: August 14, 2019, 11:58:31 AM »
FFFFF am I already fired.https://www.resetera.com/threads/fffff-am-i-already-fired.134875/#post-23592657

I was scanning a cover letter for a job I'm applying to to be Chief Data Officer for a company, but the scan went to my boss (same name as me) instead of to my email box. He's away at a meeting right now, and there is no way to recall since it was was sent from the printer. He has no problem firing people.

:dead Dude can't even handle his own data let alone a whole companies.

Also who has to scan a cover letter? Who decides to do it at work? Idiot. Also an IT admin could delete the email, but eh, I personally wouldn't.

Update:
I like to include my actual real signature.

And the date is on the cover letter, so I can't claim that it's from the past.

Doesn't know how to use a digital signature. :nintendo

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #37564 on: August 14, 2019, 12:10:59 PM »
Start randomly scanning more documents.

Bury him in an avalanche of scans so he has no choice but to go wtf? and trash everything
LMAO what is this.

His boss probably doesn't care.
🤴

Ghoul

« Reply #37565 on: August 14, 2019, 12:14:02 PM »
yeah DDOS you boss with scans, that'll work.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #37566 on: August 14, 2019, 12:22:37 PM »
DDOS your boss with scans  :shaking

Aks the Russians to hack your boss   :juche

Date and fuck your boss so you can access his computer and emails while he is sleeping  :brain
🤴

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #37567 on: August 14, 2019, 12:23:04 PM »
Uh, op you hit me with anxiety. I feel for you

:shaking

Ghoul

« Reply #37568 on: August 14, 2019, 12:25:49 PM »

I got you fam.  :respect

Ghoul

« Reply #37569 on: August 14, 2019, 12:29:26 PM »
him and his boss have the same name? Uh oh is this another episode of #pluralgang ?

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #37570 on: August 14, 2019, 12:37:11 PM »
Burn down the company. 🔥🔥
©@©™

Tasty

« Reply #37571 on: August 14, 2019, 12:45:20 PM »

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey

Nuitangg

« Reply #37573 on: August 14, 2019, 01:07:29 PM »

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #37574 on: August 14, 2019, 01:14:22 PM »
What in the fuck was that.

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #37575 on: August 14, 2019, 01:15:52 PM »
If you're a valuable employee, a good boss will see this and act to try and retain you. But this is REE, doubtful that they have any value.

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #37576 on: August 14, 2019, 01:18:13 PM »
If you're a valuable employee, a good boss will see this and act to try and retain you. But this is REE, doubtful that they have any value.

This is laughably naive.

You must not be a valuable employee.  :doge

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #37577 on: August 14, 2019, 01:26:35 PM »
What in the fuck was that.

I slowed it down and ran it through cubase and she says its iggy now grocery store

stufte

« Reply #37578 on: August 14, 2019, 01:34:28 PM »

This is laughably naive.

You must not be a valuable employee.  :doge

No, I am. And you're basing this solely on my personal experiences instead of what I've seen and heard other people go through. You work in a creative field, so it might be different.

Most companies don't calculate man-hours as a cost. Meaning, if I leave, there is literally no downside, financially speaking. They'd get to hire someone with less experience to do a shittier job, but passable and pay them a fraction of what they paid me.

Good managers look at man-hours as a cost and take the 6-12 months for a new employee to be effective as an expense. So if your employee is asking for a raise below what that 6-12 months would cost them, chances are, you'll get it. With a good case for it, of course.

Those managers are extremely rare. Most managers I've known, directly or indirectly have no managerial experience or just suck at it.

And again, the truth is, you can replace experienced/expensive labor with inexperienced/cheap labor without missing a beat. Things won't be nearly as good, co-workers will be annoyed cause they have to carry more weight, but at the end of the day, they saved some money.

Aaallllmost TLDR, but I managed to read it. I suppose it really depends on the industry and what you do. If you have a easy to replace skill, then sure you should be scared for your job I suppose. But do you really want a job where your boss couldn't care if it were you or some other idiot doing your job? That must suck. :(

BisMarckie

« Reply #37579 on: August 14, 2019, 01:37:07 PM »
Not everyone can be a fake developer :rage

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #37580 on: August 14, 2019, 01:39:01 PM »
Has anyone seen Jansen or Jenkem lately?

Exactly.
每天生气

Ghoul

« Reply #37581 on: August 14, 2019, 01:43:29 PM »
I'm literally nauseous and I have a headache from anxiety, I've never had anxiety like this before. Not sure if I should respond to the email.

He's not a jerk; just very company focused. He's actually always been very nice to me. The company just threw me a wedding celebration two weeks ago, and he always ask me about my sick grandmother.

Oh no gangie is gonna get cut off from her meds.

:crybaby

This guy is in no position to take a high pressure role like chief data officer he'd crack and come in locked and loaded in a couple months.

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #37582 on: August 14, 2019, 01:44:52 PM »
With the economy days away from collapsing, now is not the best time to get fired
:O

BisMarckie

« Reply #37583 on: August 14, 2019, 01:46:00 PM »
With the economy days away from collapsing, now is not the best time to get fired

Easy fix: Become public servants with tenure so you can set taxpayer money on fire with impunity, brehs. :aah

shosta

« Reply #37584 on: August 14, 2019, 01:50:21 PM »
In America you will just get furloughed or paid in literal IOUs :teehee
每天生气

Ghoul

« Reply #37585 on: August 14, 2019, 02:16:43 PM »
https://twitter.com/ACLU/status/1161655208256184320

sorry guys looks like you maybe unemployed soon JordanN  :brain

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #37586 on: August 14, 2019, 02:20:53 PM »

Ghoul

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #37589 on: August 14, 2019, 02:44:13 PM »
If my dad and mom weren't also my sisters and brother then I wouldnt have been able to cheer on my alabama crimson tide while they won even more championships

Roll Tide

SweetNicole annihilated :neogaf

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #37590 on: August 14, 2019, 04:15:34 PM »
how bad is your anxiety?

https://www.resetera.com/threads/how-bad-is-your-anxiety.134797/

Awful. I have panic attacks at least 5 times a week, if not more. One was so bad that both of my hands/arms went numb and I started to black out.

this thread is so depressing, I would love to take them to a nice swiss clinc and give them permanent night nights.
These people should not be associating with each other online. They are just feeding each other's mental ill health problems. They need to get outside, get a job and talk to real people rather than feeding more negativity into the black hole that REEE is.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Either that or just collectively kill themselves
[close]
Spud

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #37591 on: August 14, 2019, 04:48:35 PM »
I would love to take them to a nice swiss clinc and give them permanent night nights.

#GodIWishYou'dTakeMe

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #37592 on: August 14, 2019, 04:55:15 PM »
how bad is your anxiety?

Awful. I have panic attacks at least 5 times a week, if not more. One was so bad that both of my hands/arms went numb and I started to black out.

this thread is so depressing, I would love to take them to a nice swiss clinc and give them permanent night nights.
These people should not be associating with each other online. They are just feeding each other's mental ill health problems. They need to get outside, get a job and talk to real people rather than feeding more negativity into the black hole that REEE is.

[close]

That is what was so disgusting about neogaf's "mental depression thread."  It was like they were competing to be the most fucked up and injured.  I have no clue if the Era thread is any better but the old thread came off like those pro-anorexia websites where people brag about not getting help and leaning into their harmful behavior.

I remember going into that thread when I was diagnosed with depression in college and realizing these were people who weren't attempting to get help and I bailed within two days.
sigh

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #37593 on: August 14, 2019, 04:57:15 PM »
Really fucked up people bottle it all up and don't talk about it. 8)
©@©™

Rman

« Reply #37594 on: August 14, 2019, 04:58:04 PM »
Peak ERA.

Guy is forcibly exposed by Katy Perry, but he used the word the "females".  The unforgivable sin apparently.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/katy-perry-sexually-harassed-actor-josh-kloss-at-a-party.134936/

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #37595 on: August 14, 2019, 05:00:30 PM »

They don't proudly use it as a marker or integrate into their schema at least.  That's for attention seeking losers.   TVC excluded and exempted, of course. 
sigh

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #37596 on: August 14, 2019, 05:03:14 PM »
Eh, that's pretty stupid.  I've known truly fucked up people who wear it on their sleeve and people who bottle it up.

Guess we know which one you are :doge

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #37597 on: August 14, 2019, 05:03:16 PM »
how bad is your anxiety?

[close]

That is what was so disgusting about neogaf's "mental depression thread."  It was like they were competing to be the most fucked up and injured.  I have no clue if the Era thread is any better but the old thread came off like those pro-anorexia websites where people brag about not getting help and leaning into their harmful behavior.

I remember going into that thread when I was diagnosed with depression in college and realizing these were people who weren't attempting to get help and I bailed within two days.

*cindy alert*

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #37598 on: August 14, 2019, 05:15:39 PM »
I warned you all  :trumps
🤴

NekoFever

« Reply #37599 on: August 14, 2019, 05:33:17 PM »
how bad is your anxiety?

[close]

I remember a thread on there from someone who was nervous about starting a new job the next day, which is a perfectly normal thing to be nervous about, and someone responded suggesting some prescription anti-anxiety meds and therapy. I’m like, you do realise there’s a difference between anxiety disorders and being anxious, right? I’m all for destigmatising mental illness but there’s destigmatising and then there’s trying to medicalise away entirely normal and healthy mental states.

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #37600 on: August 14, 2019, 05:56:56 PM »
how bad is your anxiety?

[close]

I remember a thread on there from someone who was nervous about starting a new job the next day, which is a perfectly normal thing to be nervous about, and someone responded suggesting some prescription anti-anxiety meds and therapy. I’m like, you do realise there’s a difference between anxiety disorders and being anxious, right? I’m all for destigmatising mental illness but there’s destigmatising and then there’s trying to medicalise away entirely normal and healthy mental states.
I agree. It's why I hate this whole movement to self-diagnose everything as a disorder that needs medication. Everyone gets nervous, everone gets anxious in uncertain circumstances, everyone feels sad. Show some fucking resilience once in a while and get through your shit without resorting to drugs in every situation.

Granted there are some people who genuinely have a need, but fuck me if all these shut-ins on REEE are actual clinical cases. Most likely self-diagnosed man-children who have never learned to deal with life.
Spud

tummyfat

« Reply #37601 on: August 14, 2019, 06:04:28 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/at-least-3-philly-officers-shot-massive-police-presence-in-nicetown.134941/

This thread highlights how mentally ill this forum is.

Every poster is worried about how this will affect their crusade and how Trump might use it and no one gives a shit about the victims.

They don't give a shit about the victims when some right wing nut shoots up a Walmart either - but at least they pretend to in that situation.

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
« Reply #37602 on: August 14, 2019, 06:57:17 PM »
i think generally we're creatures of utility.

take any dem candidate who's going hard on guns. when there's a school shooting, they'll talk about how terrible it is, not just in public but to their close friends and family and they'll churn over the same thoughts of how sick and horrific it is to cognitively dissociate themselves from the part of their brain which is going off like they just got an N64 for christmas.

Mr. Nobody

• Groovy.
« Reply #37603 on: August 14, 2019, 07:04:15 PM »

:tocry

stufte

« Reply #37604 on: August 14, 2019, 07:11:41 PM »
The cops were crisis actors!

There are boomers on twitter claiming that it's a distraction orchestrated to take focus away from the supposed bill clinton in a dress painting that was found in epsteins home.  :brain

nudemacusers

« Reply #37605 on: August 14, 2019, 07:40:24 PM »
Peak ERA.

Guy is forcibly exposed by Katy Perry, but he used the word the "females".  The unforgivable sin apparently.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/katy-perry-sexually-harassed-actor-josh-kloss-at-a-party.134936/
Feminism annihilated
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

nudemacusers

« Reply #37606 on: August 14, 2019, 08:36:26 PM »
To make it very short, you never see people saying "what this male did sucks". You only see it used with women, and it's generally a misogynistic term. Using it as an adjective is ok. Like, "there exist male and female characteristics". What's not so cool is saying "what this female did sucks". It's dehumanizing and generally used by assholes.

:era
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #37607 on: August 14, 2019, 08:37:09 PM »
 :quark :quark :quark :quark :quark

Snoopycat_

« Reply #37608 on: August 14, 2019, 08:49:46 PM »
Perry married Russell Brand when he was a thing. Just imagine all the diseases he got from her

Rman

« Reply #37609 on: August 14, 2019, 08:59:02 PM »
Perry married Russell Brand when he was a thing. Just imagine all the diseases he got from her
I still can't believe they were a couple.

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #37610 on: August 14, 2019, 09:11:14 PM »

Leave Katy alone.

shosta

« Reply #37611 on: August 14, 2019, 09:25:10 PM »
There are boomers on twitter claiming that it's a distraction orchestrated to take focus away from the supposed bill clinton in a dress painting that was found in epsteins home.  :brain
I think it's time to finally ask: Mr. Clinton, what are your preferred pronouns?
每天生气

nudemacusers

﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Propagandhim

« Reply #37613 on: August 14, 2019, 10:04:29 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/help-me-learn-origami-want-to-impress-my-crush-at-whole-foods.134981/

This poor woman.  :-\

They really are incels. They don't understand that you shouldn't bother someone at work. They have to be polite and can't walk away if you make them uncomfortable. It's like you're taking advantage of a power dynamic if you do. 

Bunch of Weinsteins, the lot of em.

Quote from: FinaleFireworker
I would schedule the two of us to work the same nights. I would send other people home so it was just the two of us. I would keep her late so we could talk alone in the office. I don't know if she ever expected anything. I think, to her, we were just good work friends. I started to get frustrated that nothing was happening.

So I started physically putting myself close to her more often. I would follow her around. I would lean against her. I would intentionally try to pass by her and put my hands on her as I did. Finally, one time, I followed her into a small stock room. I stood in the doorway and watched her and knew she wouldn't be able to leave the room without squeezing by me or asking me to move. I wanted her to touch me. So I intentionally blocked her exit.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2019, 10:10:06 PM by Propagandhim »

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #37614 on: August 14, 2019, 10:06:27 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/help-me-learn-origami-want-to-impress-my-crush-at-whole-foods.134981/

This poor woman.  :-\
Reading the OP, it's clear the real question he was asking was, "Is it ok to ask someone out at their place of work?" However, he was clearly too concerned about the "optics" and the possibility that it would be intentionally misconstrued by the  :social  crowd into something related to misogyny and a probable ban that he went with the obtuse option when even a simple Google search would have solved his issue.

Not even halfway down the first page and people are lining up with popcorn expecting a trashfire thread.

That being said, it's equally possible that this is just another socially distinguished mentally-challenged fellowed REEE member trying to make his way in the world.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2019, 10:19:04 PM by Potato »
Spud

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night
« Reply #37615 on: August 14, 2019, 10:54:48 PM »
The Crisses
Long-time online plural activists and trauma survivors, with a focus on building internal community for plurals, with free self-help materials available via their website http://kinhost.org and coaching services available through http://liberatedlifecoaching.com.  Almerissa of Crisses is a system protector, the first known system introject to front, and is mainly in charge of internal landscaping in our system. Buck of Crisses, a cis-pan male protector and former internal persecutor, is willing to throw his privilege around and make waves to open doors for those with less access and privilege, and has been taking a leadership role in the Crisses’ advocacy and activism efforts. Chrissy of Crisses is one of our deeper manager residents who can help connect people for internal communication and conduits. Dreal of Crisses is one of their crew of healers, a shamanic & reiki practitioner, and trained life coach. Faun of Crisses, Buck’s twin sister, as far as we know was born to this body and created our derivation maps, having been around for a very long time. Moonlite of Crisses takes the role of an internal self-helper because she is deaf and mute, and few around us speak American Sign Language (ASL), which is not her native language and is very rusty. She usually writes and works with Chrissy, Star & Dreal on self-help materials. Her favorite hobby is playing pool. Star of Crisses is another healer, a wise woman herbalist, reiki practitioner, and life coach as well as one of the first people to appear in the Crisses’ system.

shosta

« Reply #37616 on: August 14, 2019, 10:57:45 PM »
Oh and this HAS to be the same guy.

My date ordered a $50 lobster and steak combo on our first meal. I'm kind of torn..

http://www.city-data.com/forum/relationships/2886200-my-date-ordered-50-lobster-steak.html
page 1 of 83
每天生气

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #37617 on: August 14, 2019, 10:58:45 PM »
Almerissa of Crisses is a system protector, the first known system introject to front, and is mainly in charge of internal landscaping in our system.

©@©™

shosta

« Reply #37618 on: August 14, 2019, 11:02:18 PM »
"internal landscaping in our system", so they're Mexicans?
每天生气

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #37619 on: August 14, 2019, 11:04:50 PM »
:dead