Author Topic: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible  (Read 3858730 times)

Mr. Nobody

• Groovy.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
Re: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible
« Reply #39601 on: August 22, 2019, 10:52:36 AM »
Women being held to standards that men aren't is inherently a feminist issue

What does that have to do with promoting health at every size, that being 300 lb is beautiful, the idea that a woman's worth has more to do with how she looks than her ideas?

B) Women in media are generally held to stricter standards regarding physical attractiveness than men - true

(Image removed from quote.)
i understood this reference

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #39602 on: August 22, 2019, 10:54:41 AM »
Metabolism is just an excuse.

CICO really is all there is. Every diet is basically CICO repackaged.

If you eat less than what you burn every day you will lose weight, metabolism or not. Yes, metabolism is a factor. But not as much a factor as caloric intake and energy expenditure. If you eat like shit and don't exercise you'll gain weight. If you eat well but still eat too much while not exercising enough, you'll gain. If you limit your food intake and up your exercise for insurance you will lose weight.

Simple. Bringing up metabolism, saying,"weight loss is harder for others because of metabolism" is just excuse making. End of.
If i didn't know better i'd think you were trolling me, jesus christ.
CICO and metabolism are two different, complementary concepts.

I swear CICO people think they've discovered water being wet every time, when really we all understand how CICO works, but there are layers of efficiency and EFFICACY beyond that point, that you wouldn't even consider for whatever reason.
I mean if CICO was all there was to it, you wouldn't even mention excercise, just lay on the couch and eat 200kcal per day, done... not very healthy though, is it?

Somehow this is me making the argument that fat people are fat because they got unlucky with their metabolism(?), which has nothing to do with my argument.
There are smart(er) ways and dumb(er) ways to tackle a diet, thinking that CICO is all there is to it, is fucking stupid. End of.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

Mr. Nobody

• Groovy.
« Reply #39604 on: August 22, 2019, 10:58:54 AM »

The inhumanity!  :brazilcry

Get manipulated by a fucking degenerate brehs  :heh

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #39605 on: August 22, 2019, 10:59:48 AM »
urinalists
:leon

Propagandhim

« Reply #39606 on: August 22, 2019, 10:59:48 AM »
Going by statistics isn't proof of how hard something is.  Reading a few pages of a book at night is easy and statistics show the average person goes 20+ years without reading a single book.   Exercising and cutting calories is not difficult.  Losing weight is mechanistically simple, and unless you have other issues going on, should be quite easy to achieve over time like book reading.  Most of the world doesn't have an obesity problem - the Spanish and Japanese are not biological outliers and are not doing anything difficult.  Fat people that whine and care so much about movie/tv roles not reflecting their own bodies, but not enough to actually lose weight,  is the most first-world crybaby shit ever.   Time to be an adult.
Simple =/= easy and hard=/=complicated.
If your understanding of losing weight is limited to the idea of CICO, yes, losing weight is simple thermodynamics, but that's a very myopic view of the problem (which extends way past Fat Acceptance psychos).
Metabolism adapts and changes through the loss, making it harder and harder to keep up, and sometimes making drastic weight loss damaging (insofar that you gain back more weight than you lost).
Managing habits, macros, hunger and "other issues going on" IS part of the package, and it's simply disingenuous to think that it's simply a matter of CICO.

The fact that losing large amounts of weight and keeping it off isn't easy, doesn't mean it shouldn't be done, or that people should normalize being obese, on the contrary, that fact that it can be hard to achieve, means there should be as little resistance to it as possible.

:nsfw There you go you thirsty hogs.
spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]

The problem with this rationale is you can just reductively apply it to anything until everything can be justified as being non-easy.   Why ought we not just claim reading a book isn't easy, too - after all, you can understand why people rarely do it:  many people are too depressed, anxious, incurious, genetically predisposed to laziness, have an attention-deficit, etc.  When are things easy and when are things hard?  If you look at the individual, you can easily find rationalizations for why it isn't easy.  At some point you have to pick the starting point up by its bootstraps if you want to make sense of a world that considers that there exists 'easy' things and 'hard' things.  I pick it up at what is biologically feasible for the average person to do with what the average person considers minimal effort.  Reading a book is easy.  Cutting 500 calories per day and not engorging yourself on food is mechanistically easy. 

For a depressed person or a person who is not mentally resilient (read: mental resilience is not conscious force of will, it's a predisposition for the lack of ability to handle psychological stress), then losing weight could be hard.    But is it hard to lose weight?  No.  You can separate the individual's sense of psychological difficulty with it to the biological and mechanistic simplicity that human beings have to using up excess energy.  The danger in relying on the individual, is that you rob him of the ability to discover how easy losing weight can be - which is often the case with people who are able to lose weight, but never thought they could.

The metabolism thing is a non-starter, IMO.  Only in very extreme cases does metabolism affect the ability to lose weight.

Himu

« Reply #39607 on: August 22, 2019, 10:59:51 AM »
Metabolism is just an excuse.

CICO really is all there is. Every diet is basically CICO repackaged.

If you eat less than what you burn every day you will lose weight, metabolism or not. Yes, metabolism is a factor. But not as much a factor as caloric intake and energy expenditure. If you eat like shit and don't exercise you'll gain weight. If you eat well but still eat too much while not exercising enough, you'll gain. If you limit your food intake and up your exercise for insurance you will lose weight.

Simple. Bringing up metabolism, saying,"weight loss is harder for others because of metabolism" is just excuse making. End of.
If i didn't know better i'd think you were trolling me, jesus christ.
CICO and metabolism are two different, complementary concepts.

I swear CICO people think they've discovered water being wet every time, when really we all understand how CICO works, but there are layers of efficiency and EFFICACY beyond that point, that you wouldn't even consider for whatever reason.

Somehow this is me making the argument that fat people are fat because they got unlucky with their metabolism(?), which has nothing to do with my argument.
There are smart(er) ways and dumb(er) ways to tackle a diet, thinking that CICO is all there is to it, is fucking stupid. End of.

Fat people regularly say things like,"it's your genetics" "you have a fast metabolism, you're so lucky" and you're bringing up stuff like metabolism. What else is it going to read like?

And yes, CICO is all there is to it. CICO is literally the process in which weight is lost. The rest is in the details. It means going for longer walks, doing HIIT, buying smaller plates, eating smaler portions. Even getting bypass surgery is still CICO in the end because you're eating less aka consuming less calories.

People regularly accuse of thinner people having faster metabolism and using that an excuse for inaction which you are currently propagating.

https://www.sciencealert.com/the-biggest-reason-you-gain-weight-as-you-age-has-nothing-to-do-with-your-metabolism
IYKYK

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #39608 on: August 22, 2019, 11:01:23 AM »
Will Era apologize for being led astray by a 4chan activist? Not a good look! :awesome
🤴

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #39609 on: August 22, 2019, 11:02:14 AM »
That is the thing that blows my mind, the people that supposedly care about the game and the devs see nothing wrong with shit on them for “bending the knee” and act like stupid idiots and patting themselves in the back. Some saying this is a a embarrassment to ERA when they could careless and moved on to another stuff to bitch about. Nothing was accomplished, everyone is more miserable.

that's the whole point

that's what trolling is, making everyone more miserable, because you know what to say/do to make them behave predictably

the way you avoid that is not playing the game which is a three way street

a) chan person doesn't dig the stuff up just to get a rise out of people
b) if they see the shit anyway, era doesn't blow it out of proportion and #outrage #cancel
c) if they get #cancelled, the affected company doesn't make a big show of apologizing and patching everything
Uncle

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #39610 on: August 22, 2019, 11:02:16 AM »
cant get fat if you HIIT jerk off 12 hours a day  :betty

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #39611 on: August 22, 2019, 11:05:48 AM »
Urineanalist?
©@©™

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #39612 on: August 22, 2019, 11:09:27 AM »
Looks like some gator just played themselves. They did all the hard work (scanning through months of discord chat) while RE got to have all the fun (being mad on the internet).

actually takes no time at all, in discord you can just search for key problematic phrases and it highlights all of them for you dating back to the beginning of time

SJW was said in this channel on June 3, April 20, Feb 4, Feb 2...

I also wouldn't say RE had fun, other than in the sense that this is what they DO all the time for whatever schadenfreude/circle of depression reason they do it, the fun for the channer was seeing them lose their minds
Uncle

Mr. Nobody

• Groovy.
« Reply #39613 on: August 22, 2019, 11:10:49 AM »
That is the thing that blows my mind, the people that supposedly care about the game and the devs see nothing wrong with shit on them for “bending the knee” and act like stupid idiots and patting themselves in the back. Some saying this is a a embarrassment to ERA when they could careless and moved on to another stuff to bitch about. Nothing was accomplished, everyone is more miserable.

that's the whole point

that's what trolling is, making everyone more miserable, because you know what to say/do to make them behave predictably

For example: HEY CINDI  :cody

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #39614 on: August 22, 2019, 11:12:27 AM »

Fat people regularly say things like,"it's your genetics" "you have a fast metabolism, you're so lucky" and you're bringing up stuff like metabolism. What else is it going to read like?
I have no idea why you keep bringing up what a bunch of copers say, when it has nothing to do with what I am arguing.
Saying CICO's all there is to it, is like asking for good business advice and being told "lol, spend less than you make" it may sound like a witty soundbite, but it's pretty fucking dumb way to simplify the problem.

The problem with this rationale is you can just reductively apply it to anything until everything can be justified as being non-easy.   Why ought we not just claim reading a book isn't easy, too - after all, you can understand why people rarely do it:  many people are too depressed, anxious, incurious, genetically predisposed to laziness, have an attention-deficit, etc.  When are things easy and when are things hard?  If you look at the individual, you can easily find rationalizations for why it isn't easy.  At some point you have to pick the starting point up by its bootstraps if you want to make sense of a world that considers that there exists 'easy' things and 'hard' things.  I pick it up at what is biologically feasible for the average person to do with what the average person considers minimal effort.  Reading a book is easy.  Cutting 500 calories per day and not engorging yourself on food is mechanistically easy.

For a depressed person or a person who is not mentally resilient (read: mental resilience is not conscious force of will, it's a predisposition for the lack of ability to handle psychological stress), then losing weight could be hard.    But is it hard to lose weight?  No.  You can separate the individual's sense of psychological difficulty with it to the biological and mechanistic simplicity that human beings have to using up excess energy.  The danger in relying on the individual, is that you rob him of the ability to discover how easy losing weight can be - which is often the case with people who are able to lose weight, but never thought they could.

The metabolism thing is a non-starter, IMO.  Only in very extreme cases does metabolism affect the ability to lose weight.
Easy and hard are subjective and relative terms, it's why i mentioned statistics in the first place.
People at large are capable of losing weight, but have a hard time keeping the weight off.
This tells you what? This tells you that beyond CICO, people don't know how to handle the problem in the long term: Having a more active life style, don't use food as an anti depressant, learn to portion control, beware of hidden calories (soft drinks, alcohol etc) and so on and so forth.
It's true that obesity is mostly a problem in a person's mind, but that is why the way to combat it isn't just to go "CICO, lol it's easy!".

Insisting that something is "easy" is really a pointless endeavor, because what's easy for one person, it may not be for the next.

As for the metabolism thing: It's about keeping the weight off, not about losing it.
If you're fat, you very likely have an extremely slow metabolism in the first place, since you ingurgitate so many excess calories on the daily.
Again i'm not arguing about two people having two different metabolisms, i'm saying the same person has a changing metabolism THROUGH the diet.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #39615 on: August 22, 2019, 11:17:34 AM »
Goddamn enough with the obesity shit. Can we go back to talking about Spiderman?

spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #39616 on: August 22, 2019, 11:18:29 AM »
4chan troll to Era
🤴

BisMarckie

« Reply #39617 on: August 22, 2019, 11:19:42 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/so-yesterday-i-learned-i-may-well-be-on-the-autism-spectrum-unsure-how-to-feel.136465/post-23827062
oh fucking no. no this is such a disgusting, horrible, and straight up wrong take. god i'm angry.

autism is not a disease. you don't "catch" autism. you don't acquire autism through lifestyle decisions. autism will not kill you. autism will not make you sick. perhaps the comorbid associations with autism may impact your health, but an autism diagnosis will not. you do not "recover" from autism. autism is NOT a disease. it is a developmental disorder that impacts every single autistic person differently.

your hot fucking take is harmful. it hurts autistic people. it is the reason autistic people are killed, raped, and abused. you don't come into a thread where someone has received an autism diagnosis, and spread misinformed anti-autism bullshit. get out of here. sorry if this isn't written very well, i'm pretty angry.

please do some reading before spreading your opinions on the internet.
please...read...the sources... all those quotes you added in are tongue in cheek comments about NEUROTYPICALS. i.e., people WITHOUT autism. god idk whether to laugh or cry.

autistic people ARE different. in the same way that you and i are different (thank christ lmao) and have different wants and needs. i am not autistic. however, i worked in the disability field for several years, and so i am extremely passionate about supporting people with disabilities, especially autistic people.

i am angry because you are wrong. you are wrong in the same way that if you claimed the sky is pink you would be wrong. in the medical context of autism, you are wrong. in the social context of autism, you are wrong.

and i am angry because i spent a good portion of my career trying to advocate for autistic people who did not have the resources to fight against people with opinions like you.

yes, autism is a disorder and not a disease (and even the term 'disorder' is heavily contested, if you would take the time to google it). please learn the difference. please take the time to learn more because you are ignorant. this is my last comment also because the time it would take to help you overcome your bigotry would take more energy than i am willing to give you.
:gurl

Would you agree, riotous?

nachobro

• Live Más

Himu

« Reply #39619 on: August 22, 2019, 11:20:53 AM »

I have no idea why you keep bringing up what a bunch of copers say, when it has nothing to do with what I am arguing.
Saying CICO's all there is to it, is like asking for good business advice and being told "lol, spend less than you make" it may sound like a witty soundbite, but it's pretty fucking dumb way to simplify the problem.

LOL.

I gave actual ways to solve the problem in the very post you quoted! American plates have increased 3 inches in the past 50 years. In Europe they still eat on 10 inch plates, which was standard in America in the 1950's and 60's. Go to Amazon and buy 9.5 inch plates. Boom. You are instantly eating LESS CALORIES just buy eating off a smaller plate. Then learn about portions. What's a healthy portion of rice? What's a healthy portion of veggies? What about meat, if you eat that at all? Bam. Suddenly you're realizing you overate. Once you factor the calories from fast food, being more informed in your choices, AND upping your exercise? You will lose weight.

CICO.

Easy as shit logistically.

You must have willpower to change.

Bringing up metabolism is fatlogic dog shit excuse making.
IYKYK

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #39620 on: August 22, 2019, 11:22:53 AM »
for Cindi enjoy these good eats gurl!

""

:dead

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #39621 on: August 22, 2019, 11:23:34 AM »
it is the reason autistic people are killed, raped, and abused.
Why in the world of Era is everyone always being raped and abused  :derp
🤴

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #39622 on: August 22, 2019, 11:24:16 AM »
it is the reason autistic people are killed, raped, and abused.
Why in the world of Era is everyone always being raped and abused  :derp

They wish. Bloody incel fucks

Himu

« Reply #39623 on: August 22, 2019, 11:25:08 AM »

""

Food addiction.  :-\

This is sad. I feel for her but get your YouTube ad money, boo.

I can't laugh at people killing themselves.
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #39624 on: August 22, 2019, 11:25:44 AM »
There is a very simple way to lose weight;  work out a lot and don't eat very much.   Do mostly cardio but do some resistance training as well. 

It's difficult as hell though;  eating less is hard on it's own, working out makes you  hungrier.     Will power.

Healthy?  That's another question lol

It's not just or necessarily eating less (unless you're downing like five cheeseburgers every day), but eating healthier.  Cut the shitty junk food and drink out and watch as pounds magically melt away.  But yeah, portion control is needed if you're going off the charts.

I think these people's problem is that they're thinking being "thick" is the same thing as being obese.
ど助平

BisMarckie

« Reply #39625 on: August 22, 2019, 11:25:59 AM »
Holy fuck at the people saying Autism is a disease and needs curing... I am astounded that that line of thinking can still happen.

Ghoul

« Reply #39626 on: August 22, 2019, 11:27:07 AM »
also I will not be held accountable for the alt right fish eaters you'll be receiving due to the algorithms.

Remember guys drink bleach it cures autism, sure the FDA tells you it doesn't typical big pharma throwing money around.

FStop7

« Reply #39627 on: August 22, 2019, 11:27:46 AM »
Angry MCU fans vs. angry Sony Ponies is the true crossover event of the summer.

Himu

« Reply #39628 on: August 22, 2019, 11:28:59 AM »
Bringing up metabolism is fatlogic dog shit excuse making.

He brought up that every human's metabolism changes when they diet, particularly if you do an extreme diet. 

That's all he was talking about; you keep ranting as if he's talking about the "I have a bad metabolism" fat person excuse.. he's not.

He's saying CICO is reductive because of things like how your body adjusts to eating less calories (lowers resting metabolism.)   

He said metabolism makes it harder for certain people to lose weight so sounded like excuse making to me.
IYKYK

marrec

« Reply #39629 on: August 22, 2019, 11:30:54 AM »
Didn't we basically already know that the CTR controversy was started by a troll? I could have sworn y'all talked about that.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #39630 on: August 22, 2019, 11:32:14 AM »
also I will not be held accountable for the alt right fish eaters you'll be receiving due to the algorithms.

Remember guys drink bleach it cures autism, sure the FDA tells you it doesn't typical big pharma throwing money around.
There is a cure for autism, just kill everyone else.

Also, alt right fish eaters?
I thought they were all trying to lift and replaced all S J W produced food with brainpower9000, McDonalds and filtered rainwater.
I'm sort of disappointed the alt-right trend was never to try and look like Hermann Goering and I'm personally partly to blame for that.  :fbm
« Last Edit: August 22, 2019, 11:40:34 AM by Nintex »
🤴

Boredfrom

« Reply #39631 on: August 22, 2019, 11:33:28 AM »
Damn :( Reading through Carla's story about Kleiman, Canadian police protected Kleiman in one instance and the legal system couldn't even protect Carla:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/vancouver-british-columbias-anime-revolution-allows-two-convicted-serial-harasser-sex-offender-to-attend-summer-2019-event-victims-sharing-stories.136497/

Eventually, she said he asked for her social media and e-mail passwords and Carla complied, but she knew it this wasn't what she wanted from a relationship. She tried to break things off with Kleiman in early 2014.

:doge

This prompted what Carla described as a cycle of harassment. Carla stated that Kleiman began calling her home phone number at all hours until she relented and began communicating with him again. She learned that Kleiman had discreetly recorded their Skype conversations, including illicit images and videos. She said he then expressed interest in flying to see Carla at her home. Carla became scared that if she did not relent to his requests, he would share her photos with her strict parents. She also felt that in the event of a sexual assault, she would not be able to turn to her country's authorities for assistance.

“I wanted to be with someone special, I wanted [my first sexual experience] to be something that was positive. I kinda knew that I might have to give that up. So at the end of the visit I gave up...what I had left of myself.” Carla described putting on a "facade" for Kleiman with the hopes that she would be able to escape the relationship once she moved to Toronto for college in 2014. She began changing all of her passwords in order to lock Kleiman out of her accounts and cease contact with him.

But Carla said Kleiman found a way into her accounts once she entered Canada. She reported it to her local precinct but hit a dead end. Eventually, she said he showed up at her place of work at the local shopping center. Carla relented by giving Kleiman the address where she was living with her father.

I mean... what?
« Last Edit: August 22, 2019, 11:42:36 AM by Boredfrom »

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #39632 on: August 22, 2019, 11:33:37 AM »

""

What the fuck is in that bowl? Vampire puke?  :holeup

Himu

« Reply #39633 on: August 22, 2019, 11:36:49 AM »
There is a very simple way to lose weight;  work out a lot and don't eat very much.   Do mostly cardio but do some resistance training as well. 

It's difficult as hell though;  eating less is hard on it's own, working out makes you  hungrier.     Will power.

Healthy?  That's another question lol

It's not just or necessarily eating less (unless you're downing like five cheeseburgers every day), but eating healthier.  Cut the shitty junk food and drink out and watch as pounds magically melt away.  But yeah, portion control is needed if you're going off the charts.

I think these people's problem is that they're thinking being "thick" is the same thing as being obese.

Watch out for this.

I've seen people eat chicken sandwiches over hamburgers because it's "more healthy", ignoring the fact that the chicken is fried.

There's lots of "just eat clean" stuff out there, but zero changes to portions. A lot of people think just because you're eating healthy means you can eat as much as you want, when their goal is to lose weight, obese people have a poor litmus test of what "no longer hungry" even is. My dad, the person with all the obesity related diseases, thinks he can eat as much as he wants as long as it's healthy. This is also where people think they're eating "healthy" and end up drowning their salad in dressing, oil, bread crumbs, and cheese.

So yeah, it is about eating less for most people. Once you realize a table spoon of oil is like 200 calories you'll stop using it in salads reallll quick.

Moderation is key. There's nothing wrong with a burger now and then. There's nothing wrong with having a pizza. Maybe just have one slice.
IYKYK

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #39634 on: August 22, 2019, 11:37:59 AM »
per the metababolism denial thing, although it averages out in the longterm, a man and a woman on an identical diet is going to see the man losing weight twice as fast as the woman in the first few months, because, yes, metabolism.
That's a scientific fact that you are free to research and verify for yourself.

Ghoul

« Reply #39635 on: August 22, 2019, 11:38:28 AM »

""

What the fuck is in that bowl? Vampire puke?  :holeup

I think it's like pure butter with franks hot sauce and blood of children, I love the top comment

Antonio
4 months ago
ariel when sebastian gets on her nerves.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #39636 on: August 22, 2019, 11:39:42 AM »
Didn't we basically already know that the CTR controversy was started by a troll? I could have sworn y'all talked about that.

It sure seemed like it, but there was still some plausible deniability between resetera usual ressetterrraing to their Special Interest Groups.
The fact the same poster also put out a hit on Ion Fury makes that plausible deniability a lot more suspect.

e: and "downplaying other users concerns" as a bannable offence would certainly suggest its a lot fucking easier to start a witch hunt when rational people can't chime in with "fucking seriously? Bro. Come the fuck on"
« Last Edit: August 22, 2019, 11:44:29 AM by GreatSageEqualOfHeaven »

Himu

« Reply #39637 on: August 22, 2019, 11:41:37 AM »
per the metababolism denial thing, although it averages out in the longterm, a man and a woman on an identical diet is going to see the man losing weight twice as fast as the woman in the first few months, because, yes, metabolism.

I'm not denying metabolism, but it's probably the last thing to worry about when it comes to weight loss.
IYKYK

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #39638 on: August 22, 2019, 11:42:22 AM »

It sure seemed like it, but there was still some plausible deniability between resetera usual ressetterrraing to their Special Interest Groups.
The fact the same poster also put out a hit on Ion Fury makes that plausible deniability a lot more suspect.
Troll contract service  :brain

Want to destroy your competitor?
Get a competing product of the market?
Replace a top billed actor?
Ruin someone's shot at political office?

My DM's are open.
🤴

Ghoul

« Reply #39639 on: August 22, 2019, 11:46:35 AM »
From our seniors

https://www.seniorforums.com/threads/weight-maintenance-is-so-much-harder-than-it-used-to-be.37321/#post-879090

All my life I've been slender, never had to worry about what I ate, gained under 25 pounds each pregnancy (5 kids) which I quickly shed, and had no weight issues at all, just fluctuated between 130 and 135. I'm 5' 8 1/2 so that was a good weight for me. Don't hate me for all that, because it didn't last....menopause hit OMG!!!  :mad:

I was close to 15 pounds heavier before it really hit home that this wasn't just my normal fluctuation. Another 15 pounds before I realized that focusing on losing the weight wasn't going to cut it, I first of all needed to just stop the gain!!! Another 10 pounds before I ended up tipping the scale at 175 pounds before I managed to even stop gaining! At least it was evenly distributed so I didn't look quite as heavy as I was.

Tried every current diet out there to lose the weight, to no avail. Lose a bit, gain it back. Finally, after doing much research about what was happening to my body, I finally realized that I had to evolve a "diet" <way of eating> that I could maintain for the rest of my life, because I wasn't ever again going to be able to be eat the way I used to, and I needed to figure out a way to eat that I could actually sustain for the rest of my life, once the weight was gone, and that would facilitate a slow and steady loss rather than the dramatic plummet I was originally going for.

With much chagrin because it was the very LAST thing I wanted to do and the thing I had avoided up till this point, I started counting calories. Ugh. I found an app (My fitness Pal) that made that chore less onerous. This was back in 2014. For the next year I slowly lost the weight, averaging 2 - 3 pounds a month, going from that original 175 pounds to a much more comfortable 145 pounds....still 10 pounds more than I'd averaged for so many years, but my body just kinda leveled out at that point, the weight loss stopped, my joints stopped hurting, I could move easily and quickly again, and I realized that unless I wanted to cut calories more drastically (and I didn't) this was now maintenance for me.

I've maintained that general weight since. I fluctuate some (143 - 147) but it stays in that general range. Or rather, it WAS staying in that range. I've noticed this last 6 months that it's gotten harder to maintain it. I'm eating the same, maintaining the same level of physical activity, but I'm struggling more and more with staying under 147. It's very frustrating.

My question to all is how have you maintained an acceptable weight? Are you walking, going to the gym, lifting, doing Pilates, what? I have to change something because what has worked for me this last 4 years is no longer as effective.

What's worked for you?

You going to go over there and shame them Cindi?

Propagandhim

« Reply #39640 on: August 22, 2019, 11:47:08 AM »

Right, and this is exactly the point.  Women have slower metabolisms than men because of less lean mass and a higher natural ideal bodyfat percentage threshhold.  Do women blame their metabolism on their inability to lose weight?   

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #39641 on: August 22, 2019, 11:49:07 AM »

Right, and this is exactly the point.  Women have slower metabolisms than men because of less lean mass and a higher natural ideal bodyfat percentage threshhold.  Do women blame their metabolism on their inability to lose weight?

I mean, all these fat earther posts cindi is reposting seem to be from women, soooo.....

marrec

« Reply #39642 on: August 22, 2019, 11:50:27 AM »

e: and "downplaying other users concerns" as a bannable offence would certainly suggest its a lot fucking easier to start a witch hunt when rational people can't chime in with "fucking seriously? Bro. Come the fuck on"

The whole "downplaying other users concerns" ban reason is really just a defacto trump card the moderators use because it has no practical definition and can be applied to anyone who has any disagreement with anyone which, on a message board, is everyone.

Propagandhim

« Reply #39643 on: August 22, 2019, 11:50:58 AM »

I mean, all these fat earther posts cindi is reposting seem to be from women, soooo.....

Women tend to emotionalize their experiences and struggles more than men.  News at 10.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #39644 on: August 22, 2019, 11:51:22 AM »
I'm 6'4" and 58kg so it's hard for me to even understand how people become fat. To lose weight all you have to do is nothing at all.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #39645 on: August 22, 2019, 11:52:02 AM »

marrec

« Reply #39646 on: August 22, 2019, 11:55:52 AM »
I'm 6'4" and 58kg so it's hard for me to even understand how people become fat. To lose weight all you have to do is nothing at all.

I'm in the same boat. I was a big ole' fatty when I was younger but then shot up to 6'4" and while I'm certainly not skin and bones, I have no idea how I'd get proper fat. It would be so expensive.

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #39647 on: August 22, 2019, 11:57:24 AM »

""

That  lady is on the verge of tears.

:'(

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #39648 on: August 22, 2019, 12:00:47 PM »

The people who have it easiest are the ones who managed to never be all that active sports wise but developed eating habits that still kept them thin.

That.. and runners... runners have it easy;  that shit is so fucking boring.. but if you are into it it's the best way by far to burn calories.. just run for hours.  Zzzzzz
One of the perks of being asthmatic is using more energy in general so you don't get fat no matter what you eat.
🤴

« Reply #39649 on: August 22, 2019, 12:04:47 PM »

I'm not denying metabolism, but it's probably the last thing to worry about when it comes to weight loss.

I think the challenge is just in terms of setting near-term and long-term goals. Like, yes, if you just eat less and exercise more weight should come off over time. But a lot of times vague, open-ended goals are difficult to stay on top of. You lose ten pounds in two weeks and suddenly you're feeling pretty damn good about yourself. The diet/workout plan is working and you have all the motivation you need to keep doing what you're doing. Struggling to average a pound a week over the course of a month? This can be disheartening and question why you're doing what you're doing.

And I think that's what people mean by just saying the CICO thing is complicated. 3500 calories is a pound of fat. But how do you calculate calories in versus calories out exactly to know whether your gameplan is correct? How many calories am I eating in a day? How many am I burning? There's no exact way to figure this out. There are ways to estimate it, but those won't tell you specifically what you need to be doing to get the scale readout to be what you are hoping it to be at the end of the week.

Propagandhim

« Reply #39650 on: August 22, 2019, 12:06:59 PM »
Weeeellll look who the cat dragged in.

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #39651 on: August 22, 2019, 12:07:33 PM »

Food has an opiate-like effect. So, if you're depressed or stressed (and poor) it becomes a cheap way to "get high".

Back in the day everyone ingested copious amounts of alcohol and cigarettes daily (which had a diuretic effect on people), now they've replaced it with cheap, easy food.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #39652 on: August 22, 2019, 12:07:38 PM »

The people who have it easiest are the ones who managed to never be all that active sports wise but developed eating habits that still kept them thin.

That.. and runners... runners have it easy;  that shit is so fucking boring.. but if you are into it it's the best way by far to burn calories.. just run for hours.  Zzzzzz
One of the perks of being asthmatic is using more energy in general so you don't get fat no matter what you eat.

what perks are you getting from being autistic
Uncle

Ghoul

« Reply #39653 on: August 22, 2019, 12:08:03 PM »

You say that now, but when a ree poster is chasing after you and you run out of breath so you then get raped will you still feel the same?

what perks are you getting from being autistic

Getting raped?

Propagandhim

« Reply #39654 on: August 22, 2019, 12:10:10 PM »

Food has an opiate-like effect. So, if you're depressed or stressed (and poor) it becomes a cheap way to "get high".

Back in the day everyone ingested copious amounts of alcohol and cigarettes daily (which had a diuretic effect on people), now they've replaced it with cheap, easy food.

Someone make a correlation chart w/ obesity starting when we phased this out

https://twitter.com/HistoryInPics/status/1163798014609281027

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #39655 on: August 22, 2019, 12:10:55 PM »

Nah, no exercise. I usually only have one small meal a day, if that. Yesterday all I ate was a can of tuna and a coke. The day before that a cheeseburger and a tea and nothing else. It's probably not healthy but i'm not dead yet, so fuck it. According to the research on caloric restriction it might actually improve my lifespan.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #39656 on: August 22, 2019, 12:12:04 PM »
Uncle

mormapope

• WHADDYA HEAR, WHADDYA SAY
« Reply #39657 on: August 22, 2019, 12:17:34 PM »
I've been doing intermediate fasting since July. I don't eat for 16-20 hours, eat around 1200 to 1500 calories in a 6 hour span, and then start the fast again. I limit how much absolute trash I eat during that 6 hour span. This is every day, and I plan on doing this for the rest of my life.

I haven't weighed myself, but I can physically see the changes, they're already significant. My clothing is starting to look a bit comical for being oversized.  :lol Being a type 1 diabetic, my blood sugars have improved dramatically (8.5 A1C down to 7.0 A1C).

The method I'm currently employing would be viewed as starvation, that I'm fucking with my metabolism and will gain weight back. That you need three, balanced meals throughout the day, or your body goes into starvation mode.

Americans en masse think weight loss is 10% diet and 90% exercise. Reality is, that ratio can be anything you want it to be, but limiting food consumption and calorie intake....certainly makes weight loss fucking easier.
OH!

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #39658 on: August 22, 2019, 12:24:47 PM »
I've been doing intermediate fasting since July. I don't eat for 16-20 hours, eat around 1200 to 1500 calories in a 6 hour span, and then start the fast again. I limit how much absolute trash I eat during that 6 hour span. This is every day, and I plan on doing this for the rest of my life.

I haven't weighed myself, but I can physically see the changes, they're already significant. My clothing is starting to look a bit comical for being oversized.  :lol Being a type 1 diabetic, my blood sugars have improved dramatically (8.5 A1C down to 7.0 A1C).

The method I'm currently employing would be viewed as starvation, that I'm fucking with my metabolism and will gain weight back. That you need three, balanced meals throughout the day, or your body goes into starvation mode.

Americans en masse think weight loss is 10% diet and 90% exercise. Reality is, that ratio can be anything you want it to be, but limiting food consumption and calorie intake....certainly makes weight loss fucking easier.

This post is fantastic when I envision that Adibisi from your avatar is saying it.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #39659 on: August 22, 2019, 12:30:19 PM »

Nah, no exercise. I usually only have one small meal a day, if that. Yesterday all I ate was a can of tuna and a coke. The day before that a cheeseburger and a tea and nothing else. It's probably not healthy but i'm not dead yet, so fuck it. According to the research on caloric restriction it might actually improve my lifespan.
I'm about the same weight(a little less) and 6'2. What I ate yesterday:

Breakfast: Sandwiches with de Ruijter Vruchtenhagelslag(sprinkles) and Sencha Tea
Lunch: Sandwiches with cured ham and Orange Juice
Dinner: Potato wedges with 2 "Rundervinken" (which is sort of a meat roll), vegetables and Radler(Lemon Beer)
Dessert: Water melon slices with Vanilla ice cream

Other:
- 1L bottle of water
- 1/4 bag of marshmallows
- 1/2 bag of crisps
- 2 banana's
- 2 mandarins

I'm currently preparing some chicken wings with salad and french bread  :)

If I don't eat 3 times a day I have so little energy I would probably die.

Still, I get stomach aches from time to time even if I'm not fat and I eat healthy. Apparently your lungs and digestive system 'grow' from the same cells. So digestive problems and problems with your lungs are often interlinked.
schadenfreude
In a few weeks they will insert a tube with a camera into my anus to see if there's anything wrong on the inside :doge
[close]

As for exercise, I live about 5 minutes away from the beach so I tend to take long walks over the beach regularly.
Plus I'm a fast walker so no way those short fat Era autistys can catch up to me and rape me  :smug
« Last Edit: August 22, 2019, 12:38:05 PM by Nintex »
🤴