Author Topic: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible  (Read 3800341 times)

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
Re: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible
« Reply #43260 on: September 05, 2019, 04:04:48 PM »
It's not a mob if the person deserves it.

Or when they don't since that doesn't happen much?

Red Mercury would totally be the guy in a 1940's lynch mob who later says he wasn't there but "actually, that time it was social justice.  Someone had to do it."
sigh

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #43261 on: September 05, 2019, 04:07:11 PM »
Do you think we could get Zoe Quinn to cancel riotous?

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #43262 on: September 05, 2019, 04:09:37 PM »
It's not a mob if the person deserves it.

Or when they don't since that doesn't happen much?

Red Mercury would totally be the guy in a 1940's lynch mob who later says he wasn't there but "actually, that time it was social justice.  Someone had to do it."

Red Mercury would be fucking Joe McCarthy asking why you're propagating communism by trying to stop him rooting it out

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #43263 on: September 05, 2019, 04:10:41 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/carlos-mencia-addresses-joe-rogans-joke-stealing-accusations-a-decade-later.139323/

sure would be good to link to the video they're talking aout for context, I wonder why they can't?

:teehee

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #43264 on: September 05, 2019, 04:14:19 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/carlos-mencia-addresses-joe-rogans-joke-stealing-accusations-a-decade-later.139323/

sure would be good to link to the video they're talking aout for context, I wonder why they can't?

he should have recited shias plagiarized apology word for word

clothedmacuser

« Reply #43265 on: September 05, 2019, 04:57:56 PM »
Quote from: Red Merc
What makes you so certain of that? It's not like mob mentality doesn't exist
I have not seen proof otherwise, if you show me the reason in every instance people speak up is mostly because of mob mentality, versus naturally agreeing with a consensus based on their personal convictions, I would reexamine my position.

Literally the next post.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/is-cancel-culture-actually-a-real-thing.138969/post-24252148
Quote from: Red merc
I'm not denying mob mentality is a thing, but is it the sole or majority factor is the question, and also categorizing people as a "mob" is a convenient way to dismiss what they are saying, I would rather examine if how they feel is genuine, or if they raise any good points that could be examined, rather than just asserting it's just a mob so it's inherently bad for some reason. Ithink it's a shitty generalization that just dismisses contrary opinion.

I just realized that if Joe McCarthy targeted homophobes or apartheid supporters many people would find his actions acceptable.
sigh

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #43266 on: September 05, 2019, 05:13:20 PM »
Y'all see that Gears 5 has pride flag skins for banners?

I dig it.

Fallout 76 does too. I use it, but it doesn't piss people off like I'd hoped. :(

Maybe because we all know you're a homo already.  :-*

jorma

« Reply #43267 on: September 05, 2019, 05:23:01 PM »
Quote from: Red Merc
What makes you so certain of that? It's not like mob mentality doesn't exist
I have not seen proof otherwise, if you show me the reason in every instance people speak up is mostly because of mob mentality, versus naturally agreeing with a consensus based on their personal convictions, I would reexamine my position.

Literally the next post.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/is-cancel-culture-actually-a-real-thing.138969/post-24252148
Quote from: Red merc
I'm not denying mob mentality is a thing, but is it the sole or majority factor is the question, and also categorizing people as a "mob" is a convenient way to dismiss what they are saying, I would rather examine if how they feel is genuine, or if they raise any good points that could be examined, rather than just asserting it's just a mob so it's inherently bad for some reason. Ithink it's a shitty generalization that just dismisses contrary opinion.

I just realized that if Joe McCarthy targeted homophobes or apartheid supporters many people would find his actions acceptable.

Well to begin with i guess we need to examine whether Joe's feelings towards commies was genuine hatred. Because if they were, obviously redmerc would readily accept even the anti communist blacklists, anything else would just be inflammatory dismissal on a sensitive subject with a history of history.

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #43268 on: September 05, 2019, 06:09:22 PM »
Riotous, why do you love Resetera so much?
Spud

zepblackstar

« Reply #43269 on: September 05, 2019, 06:12:38 PM »
so.... how about that furry that allegedly put his hands in dry ice so he could get them cut off for fake paws.... :doge :brain

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #43270 on: September 05, 2019, 06:18:46 PM »
so.... how about that furry that allegedly put his hands in dry ice so he could get them cut off for fake paws.... :doge :brain

Yah that kind of body dismorphia is bizzare, not wanting your legs or arms, etc. and getting them amputated.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #43271 on: September 05, 2019, 06:47:14 PM »
I want a riotous, white riotous, a riotous of our own.
ὕβρις

Lonewulfeus

« Reply #43272 on: September 05, 2019, 06:59:43 PM »
I want a riotous, white riotous, a riotous of our own.

:cac

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #43273 on: September 05, 2019, 07:01:59 PM »
:reeeee tous  ::)
Margs

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #43274 on: September 05, 2019, 07:55:28 PM »

Yah that kind of body dismorphia is bizzare, not wanting your legs or arms, etc. and getting them amputated.

by all indications he had severe arthritis and used dry ice to treat it, which is a real thing, but unfortunately also was on medication that made him sleepy, and fell asleep for 6 hours with his hands in the ice

there is no evidence that he did it on purpose to get paws, any positive attitude seems to be about putting on a brave face in a really awful situation, he is actually as distressed as you might expect

nothing has materialized showing any amputee fetish or anything like that
Uncle

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #43275 on: September 05, 2019, 08:29:34 PM »

I don't?  It's okay;  I prefer The Bore in every way for instance other than Resetera having more posters thus being a better source for any given news item.

We all generally feel the same way about the group of posters that get made fun of in this thread;  my opinion is that they are a smaller percentage of the forum than most of The Bore leads on.   For instance look at the cancel culture thread you guys are talking about;  it's full of people saying cancel culture is real and a problem that the left should reflect on.   More people are saying stuff like that than there are RedMercurys.

Don't participate in threads related to "news" and you'll avoid most of the crazies;  even for THQ games.. or EGS exclusive games.. go to their "official threads" once a game is out and you'll see very little virtue signaling, just people discussing games.
:no1curr
Spud

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #43276 on: September 05, 2019, 08:34:40 PM »

I’m Cerium

Why did you call it Era Clear? It sounds like acne medication! :lol
©@©™

« Reply #43277 on: September 05, 2019, 09:25:43 PM »
go to their "official threads" once a game is out and you'll see very little virtue signaling, just people discussing games.

Gross. Gamers are bad people.

Lonewulfeus

« Reply #43278 on: September 05, 2019, 09:37:08 PM »

I’m Cerium

Ladies and gentlemen, we got him.  I’m pretty sure the resetti manual states that you cannot impersonate mods, it doesn’t mention it has to specifically occur on resetti.  As soon as I am unbanned I will be reporting you  :success

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #43279 on: September 05, 2019, 10:02:11 PM »
What’s with Lonewulfeus’s beef with riotous?
每天生气

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night
« Reply #43280 on: September 05, 2019, 10:06:23 PM »
https://twitter.com/BenjiSales/status/1169775753564737538

Confirminaton on being an assistant to the manager of a Gamestop store?

Benji, your thoughts?

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #43281 on: September 05, 2019, 10:11:05 PM »
Good Benji, don’t ever let stupid haters like Glen make you shut the fuck up.
每天生气

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #43282 on: September 05, 2019, 10:22:19 PM »

"Carlos Mencia finally responds to the accusations of joke stealing made by Joe Rogan ten years ago, with an infamous on-stage confrontation at The Comedy Store"

Er, no- he talked about this at least a few years back and said how he went through therapy following his career getting killed.  Is he back to making shit up again?  :doge

Listening to it, yup- he is.  Now he's saying he didn't address it based on managers telling him not to?  LMAO.
:neogaf
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #43283 on: September 05, 2019, 10:28:28 PM »
Here it is.  From 2017.

ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #43284 on: September 05, 2019, 10:39:41 PM »
He says people are apologizing to him for believing Rogan.   :lol

Dude still can't own up to what he did.  There's plenty of proof out there- this is the best one.

ど助平

remy

• my hog is small but it is mighty
« Reply #43285 on: September 05, 2019, 11:21:32 PM »
Is joe gonna have to bring out the turn side kick?

nudemacusers

« Reply #43286 on: September 05, 2019, 11:46:54 PM »
Sad to see Patton Oswald getting canceled doubleplus unpersoned from the progressive library in that thread.

﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Pwnz

« Reply #43287 on: September 06, 2019, 12:05:21 AM »
Seems that "environmentalism through suffering or it doesn't count" is the new dog by rescue only.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-us-uses-as-much-electricity-for-air-condition-as-the-uk-uses-in-total-how-cold-air-is-heating-the-world.139316/page-10#post-24270394

Disgusted by the number of dismissive, self - entitled, hands over ears comments in this thread.

if these are the comments in a seemingly Liberal /let - meaning forum, then I fear to think what the rest of America thinks. It is pretty obvious that there will not be any meaningful change.

:donot :yikes

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #43288 on: September 06, 2019, 12:26:12 AM »
I mean, we've covered this before I think. Running airconditioning all the time is a pretty fucking ridiculous thing to do.
Spud

thisismyusername

« Reply #43289 on: September 06, 2019, 12:30:29 AM »
I mean, we've covered this before I think. Running airconditioning all the time is a pretty fucking ridiculous thing to do.

Sure, but if it's 100F you aren't getting me to stay with just fans. Fans don't do shit.

Speaking of things: I doubt it's America alone that is the problem. See: Centers, Data.

Pwnz

« Reply #43290 on: September 06, 2019, 12:33:57 AM »
I pay 9.3 cents per kWh for 100% renewables instead of 6 cents for whatever is cheaper. Totally within reason to subsidize renewables, but nope doesn't count because there's no personal sacrifice...that's like the most egotistical thought process.

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #43291 on: September 06, 2019, 12:34:44 AM »
I tried air conditioning, but it costs too much.
I agree that fans do really little though, mostly i use anger and day dreaming to cope.

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #43292 on: September 06, 2019, 12:36:07 AM »
I have an electric vehicle and solar panels, I can do whatever the fuck I want with my AC.

:dice

thisismyusername

« Reply #43293 on: September 06, 2019, 12:38:30 AM »
Unless you're putting an industrial fan in a room (spoiler: Don't do this if you've got loose paper/etc. lying around) those mini-fans don't do shit even in a shoebox apartment.

And thinking on it, I'm not sure how much better the energy draw for the motor of said industrial fans are over AC alone.

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night

Pwnz

« Reply #43295 on: September 06, 2019, 12:40:11 AM »
If I were on a budget I'd be open to room only ac, but with the Texas heat no ac in the rest of the house would warp materials and spoil food.

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #43296 on: September 06, 2019, 01:46:02 AM »
Amazing how Reeeee is all for fighting climate change until it might involve cutting down how muhrica's absurd use of AC :lol

clothedmacuser

« Reply #43297 on: September 06, 2019, 02:00:24 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/mattis-pakistan-is-the-most-dangerous-country-in-the-world.139028/post-24238950

people who agree with Mattis are revealing their racism

A security expert saying Pakistan is a threat must be racist.  Because they are at war with India? 

Mattis, the guy who instituted a 400 page binder for Marines to read to learn about Afghani culture before he was booted out of the job.
sigh

clothedmacuser

« Reply #43298 on: September 06, 2019, 02:38:38 AM »

♪ I know whooooo

Is gonna get cancelled sooooooon ♪
sigh

clothedmacuser

« Reply #43299 on: September 06, 2019, 02:44:11 AM »
Quote from: Belgephor
Like, when I tell people I have been on HRT but over 5 years but am still closeted in my day-to-day life, there is a shocking sense of disbelief, and when I explain that its because I am uncomfortable presenting when I do not pass, I am met with an extreme amount of disdain and hostility for expressing such a sentiment.

I have been called racist, sexist, a traitor, a liar, and a terrible person for expressing a desire to pass as cis or for being open about my own incredible discomfort with my male body. I have had people outright use the exact same language used by gender critical feminists and conservative reactionaries to shame me wanting surgery, or even for taking hormones. I’ve been told that its “no big deal” if kids and teens get gatekept and forced to go through the wrong puberty because “they’re still valid regardless of their appearance”, which is a fine sentiment sure, but once again completely erases and invalidates Gender Dysphoria. This has happened repeatedly over the past couple years at support groups, online communities, and even with therapists who professed to be trans friendly.

Quote from: bulbasort
I'm not gonna tell you how to live your life, but if you stopped pretending to be a man in day-to-day life, things might get better.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/in-a-dilemma-about-natalie-wynns-tweet-about-pronouns.138596/post-24262241

Try to guess which one was banned. 

But yeah, as soon as I knew about HRT I started buying the meds from IHP. I was fortunate enough to have my own checking account by then.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/in-a-dilemma-about-natalie-wynns-tweet-about-pronouns.138596/post-24262738

Minorities leaving in droves. 

But seriously what a fucking awful ban for a trans person who wants to talk.  Unless you are Excelsorif Era hates trans people even more than us!

« Last Edit: September 06, 2019, 02:52:19 AM by clothedmacuser »
sigh

clothedmacuser

« Reply #43300 on: September 06, 2019, 02:55:59 AM »
I don't like airing this out, but be careful with the person who continuously makes alts, they're a self-hating trans person who keeps coming back to spread their vile shit, and has already riled up at least one person leading to a perm earlier in this thread

Just...ignore and report, the mods have been doing a great job

https://www.resetera.com/threads/in-a-dilemma-about-natalie-wynns-tweet-about-pronouns.138596/post-24266049

Yep.  Mods certainly do a great job of banning people who have mental issues and are asking for help. 

sigh

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #43301 on: September 06, 2019, 03:09:39 AM »
Gender dysphoria is a condition not a lifestyle. Goddamn these people are transphobic.

Lonewulfeus

« Reply #43302 on: September 06, 2019, 04:23:00 AM »
Quote from: catmincer
Spoilers 😬
Quote from: scullibundo
Thanks for the spoilers. Seeing the movie tomorrow night.
Quote from: Russell
thanks for spoiling in the title...
Hopefully one day society will view spoilerphobia in the same light as homophobia.

Until then, stay vigilant!

:woody

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #43303 on: September 06, 2019, 05:37:48 AM »
how about dont kill and rape kashmiri people and let kashmiri people decide if they want to join india or pakistan which india promised in UN in 1948. then maybe there wont be any nuclear threat
LMAO Pakistani shills on REEEEE promoting nuclear war against India  :lol

That website really attracts all the best people.
🤴

samir

« Reply #43304 on: September 06, 2019, 06:44:58 AM »
Nintex, are you a Chadpreet?

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #43305 on: September 06, 2019, 07:05:42 AM »

A gears logo? Literally WTF? Is this because of the spider man and Sony thing?

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #43306 on: September 06, 2019, 07:27:14 AM »
They did it cos they did one for God of War and something else apparently and it’s only fair.

Seems weird though because of what their video game side user base is known for.
(ice)

Himu

« Reply #43307 on: September 06, 2019, 07:48:21 AM »
Lmao at the non binary people reeeeeeing to the point where contrapoints deletes her twitter

NB’s are gonna have a massive backlash reckoning

Someone on Facebook said,”Imagine being a content creator for far left sjw types. It must be tiring making content for an audience who always are looking for a reason to kill you.”

LMAO

I told ya about leftism and its collective capacity to make people turn into shitheels.
IYKYK

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #43308 on: September 06, 2019, 08:12:11 AM »
Lmao at the non binary people reeeeeeing to the point where contrapoints deletes her twitter

Someone on Facebook said,”Imagine being a content creator for far left sjw types. It must be tiring making content for an audience who always are looking for a reason to kill you.”

LMAO

I told ya about leftism and its collective capacity to make people turn into shitheels.

This isn't the fat content... Yeah generally the left are a bunch of sociopaths with cannibalistic tendencies.

Then they wonder why no one wants to invite them to parties and drink kool aid with them

Propagandhim

« Reply #43309 on: September 06, 2019, 08:26:14 AM »

LMAO

There's a nonzero amount of people on Era looking at that skull on the logo and mulling over whether or not that kind of imagery is appropriate and represents the site in bad spirit considering it hearkens back to incidents of mass genocide.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #43310 on: September 06, 2019, 08:26:25 AM »
it's  :doge that people are starting to identify as NB solely because it's out of fashion to be male

people joke but there should totally be a movement to fill out the $6 paperwork and make it official until there are no more men

Uncle

Himu

« Reply #43311 on: September 06, 2019, 08:27:38 AM »
Most NBs are female born.
IYKYK

samir

« Reply #43312 on: September 06, 2019, 08:31:48 AM »
Why are there so many transgender, binary, etc people now compared to a 100 years ago?

Ghoul

« Reply #43313 on: September 06, 2019, 08:32:51 AM »
100 years ago they would have been chucked into mental health facilities forever.

SmokyDave

« Reply #43314 on: September 06, 2019, 08:33:38 AM »
Why are there so many transgender, binary, etc people now compared to a 100 years ago?
Videogames did it.

Himu

« Reply #43315 on: September 06, 2019, 08:35:15 AM »

Maybe because medically/physically transition wasn’t possible 100 years ago.

What, is some fucking person 100 years ago going to find estrogen and shoot it up or take it in pill form?

Back then they’d be seen as gay and just cross dress/do drag. Trans suicide rate would be much higher without viable transition as well.
IYKYK

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #43316 on: September 06, 2019, 08:36:09 AM »
Quote from: catmincer
Spoilers 😬
Quote from: scullibundo
Thanks for the spoilers. Seeing the movie tomorrow night.
Quote from: Russell
thanks for spoiling in the title...
Hopefully one day society will view spoilerphobia in the same light as homophobia.

Until then, stay vigilant!

:woody

This is ironic coming from the author who just can't help himself from integrating actual spoilers within his own stories. It's my biggest pet peeve with Stephen King's writing, honestly. He just loves starting chapters with stuff like "And then he woke up for the last time in his life," which lessens the impact of coming events enormously. You can't look away from spoilers like that.

:doge

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #43317 on: September 06, 2019, 08:37:11 AM »
all those bearded ladies that put in zero effort just want attention for something in their mostly empty lives where they have accomplished nothing of value

samir

« Reply #43318 on: September 06, 2019, 08:39:59 AM »
I just watched Chappelle's new special, it was hilarious.

Ghoul

« Reply #43319 on: September 06, 2019, 08:41:00 AM »
I just watched Chappelle's new special, it was hilarious.

It wasn't that great.