Author Topic: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible  (Read 3910910 times)

marrec

Re: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible
« Reply #48840 on: October 09, 2019, 02:11:53 PM »
I think at least some of the animosity is from Blizzard refusing to take a harsher stance against outright hatespeech on their platforms compared to the treatment this Hearthstone player got.
lol what? Overwatch (along with like Rainbow Six Siege and Warframe) is like top 3 games I think of when it comes worst abuses of game licensing, where they'll outright steal from you due to stuff like "toxic emoting", saying the name of a in-game special ability in Spanish (espejo negro), or saying the name of an certain in-game item in combination with an in-game class (nezha siphon trap).

Which is why I said some Overwatch Pro expressing his hate of black people on an official OWL stream would be nuked from orbit.

The impression of players can be that misogynistic/bigoted speech is more allowed because of anecdotal encounters with the occasional racist who called them a porch-monkey cause they were playing Lucio, but the policy is quite clear even if enforcement is difficult.

Boredfrom

« Reply #48841 on: October 09, 2019, 02:12:12 PM »
More censorship? Where do you think censorship comes from? The US government? It comes from places like China, and pressure from gamejournos/ResetEra who are dedicated to creating a public PR problem for any company that crosses them. Pearl clutching on CNN does nothing.

Wha...

ResetBanBot

« Reply #48842 on: October 09, 2019, 02:13:48 PM »
More censorship? Where do you think censorship comes from? The US government? It comes from places like China, and pressure from gamejournos/ResetEra who are dedicated to creating a public PR problem for any company that crosses them. Pearl clutching on CNN does nothing.

Wha...
This might shock you but it was determined to be against the 1st amendment for the US government to censor video games because they're considered a form of speech.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #48843 on: October 09, 2019, 02:13:54 PM »
Did he though?

Honest question;  every time someone says something about Sweeeney it's always in rhetorical question form.. "Didn't he do this?"  And then I ask for a link and never get any lol
looks like it was Steve Allison head of EGS, not Tim, saying they wouldn't do it again (spoilers, they did)
https://www.pcgamer.com/epic-on-pulling-metro-exodus-from-steam-we-dont-want-to-do-that-ever-again/

Tim said that when they do it again (lol), Epic will cover the refund costs
https://www.pcgamer.com/epic-pledges-to-cover-refunds-on-crowdfunded-games-that-go-egs-exclusive/

Boredfrom

« Reply #48844 on: October 09, 2019, 02:15:18 PM »

Wha...
This might shock you but it was determined to be against the 1st amendment for the US government to censor video games because they're considered a form of speech.

No, I was saying “what was your point? What it has to do with I was saying?

ResetBanBot

« Reply #48845 on: October 09, 2019, 02:15:54 PM »
Tim would censor the player, but then let them keep their price pool to try to smooth things over, cause he's such a nice guy.

Wha...

No, I was saying “what was your point? What it has to do with I was saying?
You said that Amazon coming under scrutiny would result in game censorship, presumably because boomer news TV would talk about it.

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #48846 on: October 09, 2019, 02:18:07 PM »
I unironically hope Twitch and Amazon come under intense scrutiny even that would be distinguished mentally-challenged fellowed scapegoating.  I'm just concerned about the size and scope of Amazon and hope for negative things happen to them.

That sounds a lot like RE logic.
Also, don’t kid yourself, is going to end in blaming games and more censorship before touching their practices.
Germany already censors violent videogames.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #48847 on: October 09, 2019, 02:18:57 PM »
Thanks!
real thanks means likes and/or tits ;)

Boredfrom

« Reply #48848 on: October 09, 2019, 02:21:07 PM »
I unironically hope Twitch and Amazon come under intense scrutiny even that would be distinguished mentally-challenged fellowed scapegoating.  I'm just concerned about the size and scope of Amazon and hope for negative things happen to them.

Also, don’t kid yourself, is going to end in blaming games and more censorship before touching their practices.

I think they recently mellowed down:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-45142651

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #48849 on: October 09, 2019, 02:22:38 PM »
The only real thing all of these shooter distinguished mentally-challenged fellows have in common seems to be craving public attention, to give their empty, shitty lives some meaning; so maybe they should ban Social Media.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #48850 on: October 09, 2019, 02:28:27 PM »
a million reactionary threads open re: blizzard stuff. only one closed because a wrongthinker agrees with them :lol

https://www.resetera.com/threads/mark-kern-former-team-lead-on-world-of-warcraft-announced-support-for-hong-kong-and-boycotts-blizzard.146029

BisMarckie

« Reply #48851 on: October 09, 2019, 02:30:12 PM »

You cannot buy 50 Cent: Blood on tthe Sand for a reasonable price because of this.  :maf

ResetBanBot

« Reply #48852 on: October 09, 2019, 02:30:45 PM »
"Blizzard's Hong Kong Missteps Prove Video Games Aren't Neutral" --Kotaku

>advocate for ending political neutrality in an entire industry
>claim not being political neutral is neutrality
>to be embrace your non-neutrality you must be political neutral

they've tied themselves in a logic knot

Boredfrom

« Reply #48853 on: October 09, 2019, 02:31:24 PM »
Quote from: ShockingAlberto
oh no

:brain

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #48854 on: October 09, 2019, 02:34:38 PM »
oooh shit! good on him, hope more support happens to boycott blizzard,

edit ooh he's a gamergate, uuuggh!
©@©™

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #48855 on: October 09, 2019, 02:49:25 PM »
每天生气

Rman

marrec

« Reply #48857 on: October 09, 2019, 02:53:37 PM »
It's okay, for every Mark Kern you have a Brian Kibler.

This truly is the thing that is bringing together everyone.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2019, 03:01:13 PM by marrec »

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #48858 on: October 09, 2019, 02:54:04 PM »
©@©™

shosta

« Reply #48859 on: October 09, 2019, 02:54:27 PM »
What's this about?
it's about how we live in a society
每天生气

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #48860 on: October 09, 2019, 02:55:06 PM »

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #48861 on: October 09, 2019, 02:55:23 PM »
It's okay, for ever Mark Kern you have a Brian Kibler.

that's what will make this interesting. finally the wokies and shitlords have something to agree on.

marrec

marrec

« Reply #48864 on: October 09, 2019, 02:57:10 PM »

that's what will make this interesting. finally the wokies and shitlords have something to agree on.

Well for once the shitlords are complaining about actual censorship which makes my pithy tweet yesterday null and void THANKS SHITLORDS YOU DICKS

ResetBanBot

« Reply #48865 on: October 09, 2019, 03:02:23 PM »

Well for once the shitlords are complaining about actual censorship which makes my pithy tweet yesterday null and void THANKS SHITLORDS YOU DICKS
What Blizzard has done is nothing different than what you and ResetEra regularly advocate for, deplatforming. Frankly this was a mild deplatforming at that, he wasn't even officially fired from a permanent position or committed suicide. He's actually being applauded, this HK advocate got off easy compared to others in this industry and to call this censorship while other instances of deplatforming not-censorship a utter hypocrisy.

marrec

« Reply #48866 on: October 09, 2019, 03:03:33 PM »

What Blizzard has done is nothing different than what you and ResetEra regularly advocate for, deplatforming. Frankly this was a mild deplatforming at that, he wasn't even officially fired from a permanent position or committed suicide. He's actually being applauded, this HK advocate got off easy compared to others in this industry and to call this censorship while other instances of deplatforming not-censorship a utter hypocrisy.

:delicious

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #48867 on: October 09, 2019, 03:05:24 PM »

Wapo was just in his MTG Arena stream asking him questions. :rejoice
©@©™

marrec

« Reply #48868 on: October 09, 2019, 03:07:23 PM »

Wapo was just in his MTG Arena stream asking him questions. :rejoice

Finally my World Championship Syndey Brian Kibler deck is going to shoot up in value!

ResetBanBot

« Reply #48870 on: October 09, 2019, 03:09:03 PM »

nothing to worry about :huh

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #48871 on: October 09, 2019, 03:15:54 PM »
Don't worry the Chinese surveillance state that Google helped to build will not be used against you.  :)

There's only one man strong enough to destroy the ChinaComms in cyberspace and IRL
spoiler (click to show/hide)
:fbm
[close]
🤴

Boredfrom

« Reply #48872 on: October 09, 2019, 03:18:22 PM »

I want my boob games.  :bolo

Chim Richalds

• Professional Doctor
« Reply #48873 on: October 09, 2019, 03:22:06 PM »
I think at least some of the animosity is from Blizzard refusing to take a harsher stance against outright hatespeech on their platforms compared to the treatment this Hearthstone player got.
lol what? Overwatch (along with like Rainbow Six Siege and Warframe) is like top 3 games I think of when it comes worst abuses of game licensing, where they'll outright steal from you due to stuff like "toxic emoting", saying the name of a in-game special ability in Spanish (espejo negro), or saying the name of an certain in-game item in combination with an in-game class (nezha siphon trap).

Which is why I said some Overwatch Pro expressing his hate of black people on an official OWL stream would be nuked from orbit.

The impression of players can be that misogynistic/bigoted speech is more allowed because of anecdotal encounters with the occasional racist who called them a porch-monkey cause they were playing Lucio, but the policy is quite clear even if enforcement is difficult.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #48874 on: October 09, 2019, 03:25:13 PM »
reddit ads pls

ResetBanBot

« Reply #48875 on: October 09, 2019, 03:31:23 PM »
The slippery slope of logical progression still doesn't exist, right?

marrec

« Reply #48876 on: October 09, 2019, 03:52:32 PM »
I just want to bask in the glory of one of my childhood nerd icons (Brian Kibler) being relevant in the current geo-political crisis.

What's Jon Finkle got to say about all this?!

Logical schmogical BanBot you're right clown world is real.

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #48877 on: October 09, 2019, 04:06:12 PM »
I'm sorry, let me repeat myself, maybe I wasn't clear.

8ch harbors literal serial killers and 4chan has literal nazis on it.

There is precisely zero reason to presume that posters on there are normal, incapable of relating to sociopaths, or wouldn't adopt Joker as a mascot for their own sense of persecution and misanthropy. They aren't playing 4 dimensional irony chess. That has no meaning when you've blown all the way past Poe's Law and started tolerating fucking Nazis.

Miss me with your bullshit here.
If I seem to recall correctly, NeoGAF (which spawned REEEEsetera in case you didn't know—I'm an expert in online gaming forums) harboured a convicted paedophile and had literal communists on it.

There is precisely zero reason to presume that posters on there are normal, incapable of relating to sociopaths, or wouldn't adopt Joker as a mascot for their own sense of persecution and misanthropy. They aren't playing 4 dimensional irony chess. That has no meaning when you've blown all the way past Poe's Law and started tolerating fucking communists.

Spud

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #48878 on: October 09, 2019, 04:11:00 PM »
Slow work day for our intrepid freelancer

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #48879 on: October 09, 2019, 04:21:57 PM »
I just want to bask in the glory of one of my childhood nerd icons (Brian Kibler) being relevant in the current geo-political crisis.

What's Jon Finkle got to say about all this?!

Logical schmogical BanBot you're right clown world is real.

clown world israel?

going far beyond transphobia into anti capitalism now  :jeanluc
Uncle

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
dog

shosta

« Reply #48881 on: October 09, 2019, 04:28:58 PM »
If I seem to recall correctly, NeoGAF (which spawned REEEEsetera in case you didn't know—I'm an expert in online gaming forums) harboured a convicted paedophile and had literal communists on it.

There is precisely zero reason to presume that posters on there are normal, incapable of relating to sociopaths, or wouldn't adopt Joker as a mascot for their own sense of persecution and misanthropy. They aren't playing 4 dimensional irony chess. That has no meaning when you've blown all the way past Poe's Law and started tolerating fucking communists.

Yeah, and to this day there are still murderers like beefy.
每天生气

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #48882 on: October 09, 2019, 04:35:25 PM »
I'm sorry, let me repeat myself, maybe I wasn't clear.

8ch harbors literal serial killers and 4chan has literal nazis on it.

There is precisely zero reason to presume that posters on there are normal, incapable of relating to sociopaths, or wouldn't adopt Joker as a mascot for their own sense of persecution and misanthropy. They aren't playing 4 dimensional irony chess. That has no meaning when you've blown all the way past Poe's Law and started tolerating fucking Nazis.

If I seem to recall correctly, The Bore dot com (which spawned from NaziGaf in case you didn't know—I'm an expert in online gaming forums) harboured a convicted paedophile, a sister fucker, and had literal communists on it.

:O

shosta

« Reply #48883 on: October 09, 2019, 04:39:22 PM »
James, remind me what the age of consent is for squid, again?
每天生气

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #48884 on: October 09, 2019, 04:42:53 PM »
james was convicted?

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #48885 on: October 09, 2019, 04:43:52 PM »
All these folks waking up to Blizzard South being shit and I'm just sitting here like "Blizzard's been dead since North died, my dudes."

marrec

« Reply #48886 on: October 09, 2019, 04:45:27 PM »
All these folks waking up to Blizzard South being shit and I'm just sitting here like "Blizzard's been dead since North died, my dudes."

Diablo 3 is a better game than Diablo 2

james

« Reply #48887 on: October 09, 2019, 04:47:17 PM »
james was convicted?

James was falsely accused and after an extensive investigation, the poster was totally cleared, thank you!

shosta

每天生气

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #48889 on: October 09, 2019, 04:52:36 PM »

/r/blizzard is all:

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #48890 on: October 09, 2019, 04:52:42 PM »

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #48891 on: October 09, 2019, 04:54:54 PM »

james

shosta

« Reply #48893 on: October 09, 2019, 05:10:40 PM »
She doesn't know how to properly use the clothes dryer. She keeps coming back from the laundry with still wet clothes and says 'it's not working' despite me and everyone else in the building using it just fine.

:lol
每天生气

BisMarckie

« Reply #48894 on: October 09, 2019, 05:17:25 PM »

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #48895 on: October 09, 2019, 05:18:18 PM »

Diablo 3 is a better game than Diablo 2

it launched with a real money auction house and game design completely wrapped around that

you had to grind for weeks for one half decent item because if they dropped more often than that nobody would pay for them

to this day it's always online even in single player, except on console

regardless of which game is better eventually only one of them will still be playable on PC
Uncle

Nuitangg

« Reply #48896 on: October 09, 2019, 05:20:58 PM »
Diablo 3 was on my "to buy someday" list, but I guess I'll pulling it off.

What a shame, I really wanted to play it.

:heh

BisMarckie

« Reply #48897 on: October 09, 2019, 05:24:20 PM »
I was going to pick up Warcraft 2 eventually, they lost themselves a valuable customer.  :maf

jorma

« Reply #48898 on: October 09, 2019, 05:30:34 PM »
She doesn't know how to properly use the clothes dryer. She keeps coming back from the laundry with still wet clothes and says 'it's not working' despite me and everyone else in the building using it just fine.

:lol

i had to check the link after reading this, and it turns out it's one of the least dysfunctional examples listed...  :lol

james

« Reply #48899 on: October 09, 2019, 05:34:07 PM »
I'd like to imagine that the poster went around the building and asked everyone if the machine worked for them, rather than putting the clothes back in and hitting start