Author Topic: GRRM x From = Elden Ring  (Read 43976 times)

Bebpo

Re: GRRM x From = Elden Ring
« Reply #840 on: June 04, 2022, 08:20:12 PM »
Spent the afternoon messing around with INT builds. I thought about doing a DEATH BUILD using the Lord of Death staff which splits scaling 50/50 with INT, so I'd have like 45/45 but then I can't use certain spells and stuff so I decided to save a faith run for NG++

Messed around with tons of spells and weapons. Wanted to have a physical off-hand so in a tight spot I could block with my shield and then after stunning the enemy on block, switch to a quick weapon and get a kill in. Tried using daggers/claws but very few are INT. Still the veteran's arm lightning claw is pretty fun even if it's STR/DEX and not doing obscene damage with my 80 INT build. Only have about 26 STR/22 DEX so I can use most of the weapons. Actually wanted a real FP bar this time around so put 35 into mind to start and kept VIT at 60. Faith is 25 for Golden Vow, Arcane is like 9 default.

Anyhow, INT mages are fun!

Not mix/maxing or anything, but what I found worked nice and was fun was:

-short range grunt killer - Night's Comet/Comet
-short range multi-enemy killer - Adula's Moonblade

-Board & Shield - Magic Hammer is fucking fun to pound enemies after they stun from a block.

-Mid-range group - Didn't find a whole lot I like for this - Death's Rancor is pretty good for spam but would be better with the death staff and faith/int split run.
-Mid-range group - Actually I take that back, the magic cannon is great even if it's a little slow windup

-Long-range/slow/boss killers - I tried Ranni's dark moon and the damage was shit even with the Lucarian Regal staff that enhances it. A lot of the big deal ones seemed kind of shit on damage. Crystal Torrent is good if you can stay still for a long time gattling them without getting fucked which didn't work on the big enemies I tried it against. Ended up finding the meteor storm to be the most enjoyable. Yeah it misses small enemies and goes all over, but for small enemies stuff like Comet is fine. For big enemies where all the meteors hit them after you've done golden vow -> jelly fish damage buff -> physics magic boost & unlimited FP and 30% magic buff sigil....pretty much kicks ass.

Finally having been stealth limited in my melee build and just fighting everything. The ease of constantly putting invisibility on with an INT build is so fucking fun. Just run up and backstab every enemy. I should've added points to get invisibility in my melee run. So good.

I upgraded a bunch of weapons to +9, spears, holy swords, daggers, claws, shields, etc... and bought a bunch of extra Somber stones 1-9 if I wanna upgrade something else next run. So I think I'm all good to start a NG+ run and fuck around with magic only.

For NG++ I think a dual dagger/claw & faith build would be pretty fun, though not sure how compatible they are. Daggers/claws seem dex/str ashes of war combo build ready.

Or a Grim Reaper faith build with a scythe and lord of death staff and using all the death magics.

Bebpo

« Reply #841 on: June 04, 2022, 11:25:13 PM »
Got to the Fire Giant in NG+, it's kind of amazing how the game that takes you 100+ hours is like 4 hours long if you just run the main required story path.

Honestly this run has been kind of boring. I get curious with games like Resident Evil and this to do NG+ speedruns and see how short they can be, but otherwise I pretty much did everything in the game and there's nothing really new for me here. Would rather be playing something else.

I'm guessing I'll finish NG+ up since it shouldn't take that long, but really doubt I'll do NG++ even if that's all I need to get the platinum trophy. Just would feel like a time grind at that point.

Bebpo

« Reply #842 on: June 05, 2022, 02:49:19 AM »
Some of NG+ as glass canon spellcaster has actually been tough.

Been stuck on the final boss for 20 mins now. Have to learn every single move really, really well because I don't do much damage, my mimic doesn't get its aggro very well and I die in like 2 hits.

What bugs me is that even after 10-20 attempts now, there are some moves I can't figure out how to avoid at all. May need to watch a guide. Will push through this.

On one hand NG++ seems like a bad idea because these fights are gonna be even harder. Otoh, if I learn how to perfectly dodge every attack in them it should still work then.

*edit* damn, had a really good run and ...ran out of magic flasks and didn't have a single weapon equipped and died trying to equip a weapon between moves.

Wow, the final bosses has some really BS 1-2 punch stagger to impossible to dodge the next move and one shot kind of bits. This is kind of a terrible fight.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2022, 03:00:31 AM by Bebpo »

Bebpo

« Reply #843 on: June 05, 2022, 03:04:58 AM »
Ok, beat it. Took me an hour.

Still no idea how to dodge the yellow flame it does right away which hits me twice for 90% of my HP and no idea how to dodge the yellow ball with shooting stars that follow me for like 30-60 seconds and keep staggering me so I get hit by other stuff.

Bebpo

« Reply #844 on: June 05, 2022, 02:24:09 PM »
Thinking about it today, I will say NG+ was good for me, in that there were a lot of bosses in the back half that I never really had to learn their moves because I'd kill them too quickly just by face tanking and roll reacting to moves coming out. NG+ felt more like a real DMCV/NG kind of game where I had to actually learn movesets and that has its own fun.

My biggest issue with the combat in ER is honestly the input delay. It's the usual Souls bad responsiveness, but man, some of these bosses the moves come out so fucking quick off an animation start it can be extremely difficult because you react and hit dodge but the input delay lags and you get hit. I even had this issue BOTH runs I did the chapel of the forsaken platforming (I did flame ending in NG+) because 2 of the last 3 jumps I roll and both runs I had a few deaths where I hit forward + roll and just...walked off the ledge edge and died.

I feel like if the game was more responsive the boss fights would be more fun.

That said I looked up some NG+/NG++/NG+7 patch 1.04 tips for the final boss and seems like

spoiler (click to show/hide)
If you just cast Lords Divine Protection for like 60% Holy Damage reduction every couple mins + Talisman+2 for another 20% Holy Damage reduction, these bosses can't really do too much damage since the majority of their attacks are holy attacks, which greatly offsets their damage increases in NG+ increases.
[close]

So between that and having learned to avoid most of their moves, I think I'll be ok for NG++ Trying to decide if I should do anything in NG+ post-game before another reset like grabbing some of the easier/quicker Larval tears or doing some optional bosses for more xp. Only gained about 15 levels total in NG+ run from all bosses/legacy dungeons combined. 179->194 post final boss.

Bebpo

« Reply #845 on: June 06, 2022, 08:10:05 PM »
Started NG+2 as a shield & spear build for something different.

Finally found a build that makes Crucible Knights a breeze.

Overall this build is pretty boring, melee powerstance & melee casting is way more active and fun, but it's also a pretty safe build for survivability. Got past Liurna in about an hour. I kind of want to grab the Dectus medallions for the lift but I feel like the climb is faster than running to Fort Faroth and doing the Cave. Idk.

Also after I finished this session I realized this build is really stupid stat-wise since I'm using an Arcane weapon (Mohg's spear). I have my stats split between 80 ARC for primary weapon, 48 STR for the fingerprint shield, 18 DEX so I can switch off to Rivers of Blood if I want without respec, 27 Faith for Golden Vow, Flame Give me Strength and Lord's Discipline for the final boss, just enough MIND with the Marika Soreseal to summon Tiche at 132FP and 60VIT and just enough END to fit with heavy load.

Stats are too spread, even at lvl.200. Really inefficient.

If instead of using the Blood Spear, I used a STR weapon to go with the Fingerprint Shield since all I'm doing is poking anyhow, I could save that 80 ARC (default ARC is like 9, so that's 71 stat points) and use it to fill out MIND so I don't need the Soreseal and basically max out STR/Faith for a Paladin type of build. Will investigate this next time. Otoh if I switch to STR/Faith 80/80 I won't be able to fall back on Rivers of Blood without a respec. Which is probably fine. Still have 5 Larval Tears from the first run and can find more this 3rd run if I need to.

Bebpo

« Reply #846 on: June 06, 2022, 10:42:17 PM »
It's interesting how different bosses are REALLY difficult depending on your build.

Shield did nothing against Fire Giant. Had to give up and just roll and River of Blood slashes. Currently stuck on Maliketh phase 2 which was never an issue in the first two runs. But his phase 2 magic blood attacks go straight through shields so I'm just a heavy sitting duck build that dies quick. Also my summons+10 are dying so fast in NG+2 on these end bosses.

But just cheesed him with Mohg's spear by

Standing behind a piller and using the skill a bunch for blood rain
[close]

Bebpo

« Reply #847 on: June 06, 2022, 11:02:59 PM »
Yeah, I'm gonna struggle on the final boss in NG+2 with this build.

Bebpo

« Reply #848 on: June 06, 2022, 11:11:42 PM »
Ok, beat NG+2 in one sitting. Platinum get.

I actually find the

Elden Beast

a lot easier than Radagon to actually learn all the moves and get the hang of dodging them
[close]

Bebpo

« Reply #849 on: June 06, 2022, 11:29:14 PM »
Easiest Time I've ever had against these guys or any type of Knights in general with a shield

[close]

Bebpo

« Reply #850 on: June 06, 2022, 11:34:22 PM »
I feel like this was a pretty good run on the final boss in terms of dodging/blocking stuff. I've never seen a way to really cheat that boss. Just seems like you gotta learn it and I did it enough in NG+1 to learn it so it wasn't bad here.

[close]

Also my overall thoughts on NG+2 were it didn't seem particularly harder other than my summon in boss fights wouldn't last the whole fight for the end bosses which was bad. The souls payout on bosses was great, but I felt like the multiplier gives up after NG+1 for normal enemies. Those ice elf guys at the start of the mountain top give 5k souls in NG, 10k souls in NG+1, and 11.5k souls in NG+2.

Bosses in general took a lot longer (1-3 mins instead of 30-60 seconds) but a lot of that was using a weaker 1H spear vs dual sword powerstancing or strong magic attacks. Was just running a low DPS character this time around.

Also I think after trying different builds and seeing the range of the gameplay, I'd say as a PVE game it's about a 9/10. Got it's flaws but pretty good single player game. PVP is it's own thing and can't really judge it.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2022, 11:43:12 PM by Bebpo »

Bebpo

« Reply #851 on: June 13, 2022, 03:48:01 PM »
Today's patch fixes XSX loading to match PS5/PC

And bell bearings now all carry over across NG+ runs. This is nice. On my NG+ runs I had to look up where to get certain ones so I could buy them again and finish upgrading some of the new gear I used. One of these days may get around to grabbing all the bell bearings again on my NG+2 file to have for the eventual DLC.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #852 on: June 13, 2022, 05:45:54 PM »
aawww yiss I was hoping for faster load times :rejoice
🤴

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #853 on: June 23, 2022, 07:47:34 AM »
Beat the two gargoyles last night after about an half an hour to forty five mins (plus another half hour getting ghost glovewort to level up my mimic tear between the first load of attempts and the last one). Easily the hardest boss I've come across so far, now I learn I missed out on another summon that would have made it a bit more manageable :tocry
(ice)

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #854 on: June 23, 2022, 09:04:03 AM »
Weird thing is I should be way over levelled anyway for that fight, last thing I'd done before going underground was Lyndell and I ripped through the bosses there with little issue.
(ice)

Bebpo

« Reply #855 on: June 23, 2022, 01:08:17 PM »
Weird thing is I should be way over levelled anyway for that fight, last thing I'd done before going underground was Lyndell and I ripped through the bosses there with little issue.

It's just a BS fight because if you can't kill the first gargoyle fast enough, having to deal with two that have huge field leap moves and can't stay in camera at the same time is just RNG if you're gonna take a hit.

The fight is fine at the start and end, but that middle phase where both are active is bad and you basically depend on your summons staying alive and keeping aggro of one.

Svejk

« Reply #856 on: June 23, 2022, 02:01:05 PM »
After a few weeks break, I'm ready to finally jump back into this.  At the Royal Capital and around lvl 130ish. 

Boogie

• The Smooth Canadian
  • Icon
« Reply #857 on: July 04, 2022, 08:32:27 PM »
Has anyone else had performance suddenly go to shit in the past 2-3 weeks?

I have a rig with a 3080 ti (no hatin') and it had been running the game smooth at 4k with everything at max.  All of a sudden about 2-3 weeks ago, performance has been crap, with constant stuttering every 10 seconds of action or so.  Dropping resolution to 1440 did nothing to improve things.

I booted up Cyberpunk to run a benchmark of it at 4k with max settings, and it stayed locked at about 60fps, so I think it is just Elden Ring, not something going funky with my system as a whole.

Anything similar happen to anyone else in that timeframe?  Thoughts, possible solutions?  Or just walk away from the game until a patch or driver update resolves it?

edit:  even dropping the resolution to 1920x1080 still had the stuttering, though it was finally *slightly* reduced.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2022, 08:36:54 PM by Boogie »
MMA

Bebpo

« Reply #858 on: July 04, 2022, 09:55:06 PM »
My performance is always shit but then I play on PS5 version  :lol

I haven't heard about PC version performance changes lately though.

remy

• my hog is small but it is mighty
« Reply #859 on: July 05, 2022, 08:12:39 AM »
Has anyone else had performance suddenly go to shit in the past 2-3 weeks?

I have a rig with a 3080 ti (no hatin') and it had been running the game smooth at 4k with everything at max.  All of a sudden about 2-3 weeks ago, performance has been crap, with constant stuttering every 10 seconds of action or so.  Dropping resolution to 1440 did nothing to improve things.

I booted up Cyberpunk to run a benchmark of it at 4k with max settings, and it stayed locked at about 60fps, so I think it is just Elden Ring, not something going funky with my system as a whole.

Anything similar happen to anyone else in that timeframe?  Thoughts, possible solutions?  Or just walk away from the game until a patch or driver update resolves it?

edit:  even dropping the resolution to 1920x1080 still had the stuttering, though it was finally *slightly* reduced.
I believe the consensus its it's shader caching, so it comes back whenever you update your gpu drivers

Svejk

« Reply #860 on: July 11, 2022, 05:36:49 PM »
Made some more progress over the weekend.  Entered the Giants Valley area.  Wanted to cover more of that before attempting to fight Astel again.   Been juggling between, the Sword of N&F, Blasphemous Blade and the Bloodhound’s Fang… Can’t decide which to stick with.   Just found out the Bloudhound’s Fang L2 -> R2 combo. 

Still need to go back and figure out how to deal with the caves with the chariot riding bastards… I tend to find one when I’m feeling spent and just nope out of them.

Took out some random great enemies, like the giant gargoyle right outside the beast clergyman dude’s location and the dragon on the bridge down the road from there.  Still need to deal with all 3 npc’s for the giant jar HQ place. 

Bebpo

« Reply #861 on: July 11, 2022, 06:08:50 PM »
Made some more progress over the weekend.  Entered the Giants Valley area.  Wanted to cover more of that before attempting to fight Astel again.   Been juggling between, the Sword of N&F, Blasphemous Blade and the Bloodhound’s Fang… Can’t decide which to stick with.   Just found out the Bloudhound’s Fang L2 -> R2 combo. 

Sword of N&F looked cool, but I heard they nerfed it really hard in the first balance patch because it was god-tier initially so I never used it because the stat requirements. Blasphemous Blade is pretty awesome for a lot of stuff, especially normal enemy mobs. Don't remember Bloodhound's Fang.

Still need to go back and figure out how to deal with the caves with the chariot riding bastards… I tend to find one when I’m feeling spent and just nope out of them.

Have lots of HP to not die in 1 hit when you get knocked down

Took out some random great enemies, like the giant gargoyle right outside the beast clergyman dude’s location and the dragon on the bridge down the road from there. 

Nice, once you kill one gargoyle you can kill them all.

Still need to deal with all 3 npc’s for the giant jar HQ place.

No advice here. I came back when I was OP and totally wrecked them lol. The reward is really good though and I used it for a lot of builds for the rest of the game and NG+

Maximum equipment weight increase talisman
[close]

Svejk

« Reply #862 on: July 11, 2022, 09:32:32 PM »
No advice here. I came back when I was OP and totally wrecked them lol. The reward is really good though and I used it for a lot of builds for the rest of the game and NG+

Maximum equipment weight increase talisman
[close]
I could quite use this actually.. The Blasphemous and Bloodhound sword, both make me fat roll.

Nuitangg

« Reply #863 on: July 12, 2022, 11:45:27 AM »
Think we'll see the DLC this year?

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #864 on: July 12, 2022, 11:51:23 AM »
Q3 next year according to Bork :trumps
(ice)

Svejk

« Reply #865 on: July 12, 2022, 01:11:19 PM »
Q3 next year according to Bork :trumps
bork's right, according to recent Bamco ransomware leak...

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #866 on: July 12, 2022, 01:54:23 PM »
Thats almost certainly fake :shh
[close]
(ice)

paprikastaude

« Reply #867 on: July 12, 2022, 03:17:41 PM »
Barbarians of the Badlands  :iface

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #868 on: July 12, 2022, 04:15:41 PM »
Thou hath defeated 12 gods to become the true elden lord, now it is time for thou to go and beat up some gypsies in the desert :badass
(ice)

Svejk

« Reply #869 on: July 12, 2022, 04:53:00 PM »
The title immediately made me think of this...

Coax

« Reply #870 on: July 13, 2022, 07:16:34 AM »
Speedrunner is doing dual boss Sekiro challenges (double Genchinro, etc). They commented that Sekiro is a calmer experience than Elden Ring for them since it's more predictable. I wish I had their zen :doge

Svejk

« Reply #871 on: July 18, 2022, 10:46:28 AM »
Got the northeastern map opened up and took down the Fire Giant after a few tries.  Went directly to that big forge/cauldron thing, talked to what's her face and got transported to someplace with a rubbled castle and a giant tornado...  :leon  Should I even be here yet? Lol Guess I'll tackle it next sesh.

Tuckers Law

« Reply #872 on: July 18, 2022, 01:04:30 PM »
After taking a long break I got back into things and made it to bottom of the haligtree.  Malenia is strong, she’d be my type of lady if it weren’t for all the crotch rot.

Tuckers Law

« Reply #873 on: July 21, 2022, 08:03:44 AM »
Got to Elden Boss finally, so now I feel very comfortable in saying this game has the worst bosses in all the From souls games.  So rare that any are actually fun to fight and most are just fully stacked bullshit made to be overcome with (valid) cheese strats.

Very fun game, but I wouldn’t blame anyone for giving up on it at any point.

Svejk

« Reply #874 on: July 21, 2022, 09:12:20 AM »
I'm so ready to finish this game up.  Enjoying my time with it, but the backlog is growing.. 

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #875 on: July 23, 2022, 10:38:27 AM »
Played some Elden Ring today after not having played it for weeks.

I noticed right away that the performance on Xbox has been greatly increased. Loading times too. It's a night and day difference.
Farmed some runes up on the Atlus Plateau and beat some caves.

Also found out that
The wolves absolutely destroy the black something assassins even if they hide themselves  :lol
[close]
🤴

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #876 on: July 24, 2022, 01:29:59 PM »
The crazy combat of Metal Gear Solid Revengeance has really increased the level of my parry skills.
Went from Level 75 to level 80 in like ~3 hours.

My Faith built is finally coming together, the Sword of Night and Flame is very powerful indeed.
🤴

Svejk

« Reply #877 on: July 24, 2022, 01:59:45 PM »
Lit the erdtree and just defeated the lightening dragon near that tornado castle area.  Just slowly making my way through.  Got the Rivers of Blood, but my Arcane is only at a 10 (it requires 20).  Not sure if I want to even bother with respecing just to use it, although it seems like a lot of people swear by it.  I may just say f it and bird farm to get it to 20.

Bebpo

« Reply #878 on: July 24, 2022, 02:30:51 PM »
Lit the erdtree and just defeated the lightening dragon near that tornado castle area.  Just slowly making my way through.  Got the Rivers of Blood, but my Arcane is only at a 10 (it requires 20).  Not sure if I want to even bother with respecing just to use it, although it seems like a lot of people swear by it.  I may just say f it and bird farm to get it to 20.

If you are happy with your current weapon and build don't bother respecing for it.

I was already running a dual katana build the whole game so changing to a better katana was worth the respec. I don't think the weapon in itself is anything special but it's R2 attack is extremely fucking good. Great range/spread/pretty fast and bleed kills like crazy. Though it doesn't hit stun so you gotta kill quick or back off.

Svejk

« Reply #879 on: July 24, 2022, 06:51:51 PM »

If you are happy with your current weapon and build don't bother respecing for it.

I was already running a dual katana build the whole game so changing to a better katana was worth the respec. I don't think the weapon in itself is anything special but it's R2 attack is extremely fucking good. Great range/spread/pretty fast and bleed kills like crazy. Though it doesn't hit stun so you gotta kill quick or back off.
Doing more a Faith build myself (started as Confessor), I still really like the feel of the Sword of N&F.  It's plenty fast for counters and on certain enemies, the magic does wonders.  When it isn't effective, I fall back to the slow, but lethal, Bloodhound's Fang.  The bloodhound w/ the talisman that increases attack power with successive attacks seems to be quite effective, albiet slow to pull off.

Svejk

« Reply #880 on: August 02, 2022, 11:39:25 AM »
Defeated Commander Niall and moved on to the Consecrated Snowfield.  Before tackling it though, I decided to suck it up and try and take on Astel again... Absolutely destroyed it this time.  :rejoice

So now that I got Ranni's side stuff locked down, I continued on exploring the upper portion of Lucaria via Ainsel Deep.  Now Alecto, black knife guy is kicking my ass.. Had to stop there for now...

How does this game just keep going? The more I think about b-lining, the more places I remember I still need to explore!  I really would like to finish this game by the end of this month at the rate I'm going..
« Last Edit: August 02, 2022, 12:05:47 PM by Svejk »

Boogie

• The Smooth Canadian
  • Icon
« Reply #881 on: August 05, 2022, 10:21:19 PM »
Played some Elden Ring today after not having played it for weeks.

I noticed right away that the performance on Xbox has been greatly increased. Loading times too. It's a night and day difference.
Farmed some runes up on the Atlus Plateau and beat some caves.

Also found out that
The wolves absolutely destroy the black something assassins even if they hide themselves  :lol
[close]

Well, my performance on my PC is still complete horseshit.  ::)
MMA

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #882 on: August 06, 2022, 08:50:10 AM »
There's a mod that removes the erd tree and improves performance by shit loads

https://www.eurogamer.net/elden-ring-modder-cuts-erdtree-to-improve-frame-rate
(ice)

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #883 on: August 06, 2022, 09:06:41 AM »
Now do the castle in Mario 64 lmao
🤴

Svejk

« Reply #884 on: August 07, 2022, 04:45:52 AM »
Knocked out the majority of the Capital Sewers and the shunning grounds.  Also covered most of the Consecrated Snowfields. (Fought Astel AGAIN!). Chipping away at Farum Azula.  At the bridge before the Erdtree knight and the boss gate.  This game is nuts, but the fatigue is starting to show.

Bebpo

« Reply #885 on: August 07, 2022, 11:03:11 AM »
There's a mod that removes the erd tree and improves performance by shit loads

https://www.eurogamer.net/elden-ring-modder-cuts-erdtree-to-improve-frame-rate

That is hilarious.

Svejk

« Reply #886 on: August 08, 2022, 10:44:36 AM »
Holy Crap... The Draconic Tree Sentinel  before  Maliketh gave me the hardest time yet since trying Astel early on...  After changing out my load out several times over the course of 45 minutes, finally found an ash of war that would stun him in two hits.  Fortunately, that same stun move worked on Maliketh too. Tried using the highly suggested Blasphemous Claw parry trick, but my muscle memory wouldn’t allow it. LOL  Needless to say, Maliketh was much easier than that Tree Sentinel.   

Then from there,  went and stumbled immediately unto fighting...
Sir Gideon… Was this a joke fight?  That was sad how easy he was.
[close]
Made some good progress otherwise… And now, I have no clue where to go. I think I should be heading to the erdtree entrance?  Now with Lyndell being “different” I probably have to explore around to find that entrance.  Need to find out where/if there's a point of no return so I can wrap up side stuff prior... I may actually finish this game before the end of August.  :D

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #887 on: August 08, 2022, 01:43:28 PM »
You are at the end, assuming you've done the Haligtree already.  The point of no return is after the final boss, and you can save after the boss. 

Bebpo

« Reply #888 on: August 08, 2022, 01:53:49 PM »
Yeah, if you beat

Gideon
[close]

That is the end. You're like 30 mins from the ending. But you can play post-game and do whatever you want and go to NG+ at any time.

Also yeah, that Draconic Sentinel is fucking HARD. On like 2 of my 3 run builds it was a very hard fight, I think it was my shield and spear build that made it real easy.

Svejk

« Reply #889 on: August 08, 2022, 04:56:47 PM »
Oh wow... Now realizing I haven't done Mohgywn Palace and that whole area yet...  :doge :doge :doge  Only thing I've done there is bird farmage.  :D

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #890 on: August 08, 2022, 06:03:51 PM »
Oh wow... Now realizing I haven't done Mohgywn Palace and that whole area yet...  :doge :doge :doge  Only thing I've done there is bird farmage.  :D

It's a pretty small area.
©@©™

Svejk

« Reply #891 on: August 08, 2022, 07:03:22 PM »

It's a pretty small area.
Good. lol

Svejk

« Reply #892 on: August 09, 2022, 12:31:42 PM »
Changes in the Latest Update 1.06...

Additional elements

Added the function to send summoning signs to summoning pools in multiple areas, including distant areas.

※When sending a co-op sign to distant areas with this function, summoning pools in "Mohgwyn Palace" will be excluded

Added the function to invade a larger area, including distant areas

Added a new way to advance White Mask Varre's questline other than participating in multiplayer invasion by defeating a new NPC

Balance Changes

Added the following adjustments to Greatsword, Curved Greatsword and Great Hammers:
    Reduced the time it takes for rolling to become possible after an attack (Jump attack, dual wield attack and attacks while mounted not included)
    Increased the motion speed of strong attack and charge attack (mounted attacks not included)
    Increased Guard Counter's motion speed
    Increased the attack speed of Great Axes and reduced the time it takes for rolling to become possible after an attack (Jump attack, dual wield attack and attacks while mounted not included)
    Increased rolling distance when player has a light equip load.
    Increased the hitbox of Cipher Pata's weapon skill "Unblockable Blade"
    Increased the range of Ash of War "Glintstone Pebble" and "Glintstone Dart" projectile while decreasing the damage and stagger power
    Decreased the travel distance and invincibility frames of Ash of War "Bloodhound Step" while adding the changes below:

・Reduced performance when used continuously

・Increased travel distance when on light equip load

Shortened the activation interval when using "Quick Step" skill in succession, increasing its ability to circle around the enemy when locked-on and add the changes below:

・Reduced performance when used continuously

・Increased travel distance when on light equip load

Decreased the damage and bleed build-up of weapon skill "Corpse Piler" when hit with the blood attack. When hit by the blade, the damage is only decreased slightly
    Decreased the target tracking ability of sorcery "Stars of Ruin"

Bug Fixes

Fixed a bug which caused some attacks of "Lucerne" to not pierce enemy's guard
    Fixed a bug which made it harder for a two-handed jump attack with "Bloodhound's Fang" to break enemy's stance
    Fixed a bug which caused the effect of "Determination" and "Royal Knight's Resolve" to disappear after using the "Parry" skill with a dagger
    Fixed a bug when dual wielding Axe and Greataxe which caused additional effects from Spells, Weapon Skills and Items to not be applied correctly
    Fixed a bug when two-handing a Halberd which made it harder to withstand enemy's attack after using guard counter
    Fixed a bug which caused the physical attack affinity of some weapons to be different from the affinity listed in the description.
    Fixed a bug which caused the player to become more easily noticed by the enemy when wearing "Deathbed Dress", even when crouching
    Fixed a bug which caused charge attack with flail to damage ally character when wearing "Deathbed Dress"
    Fixed a bug that caused HP to regenerate when switching your equipment to certain type of armor
    Fixed a bug where the effect added to the weapon upon using "Mists of Slumber" was lost when the player receive an attack
    Fixed a bug which caused the playable character's movement to become unstable upon hitting certain enemies with the skill "Ghostflame Ignition"
    Fixed a bug which prevented player from using "The Queen's Black Flame" skill's follow-up attack when performing the skill with insufficient FP
    Fixed a bug with the weapon skill "Zamor Ice Storm" which allowed player to more easily withstand enemy's attack when using the skill with insufficient FP
    Fixed a bug which caused the effect of spells and items added to right-hand armament to occur when using certain weapon skills with left hand.
    Fixed a bug which caused the FP consumption description of certain weapon skills to be different from its actual FP cost
    Fixed a bug that allows "Rock Blaster" to not consume any FP when used with a staff on the left hand and no weapon on the right hand
    Fixed a bug which caused the charged version of "Black Flame Ritual" to consume the same amount of stamina as the normal version
    Fixed a bug which caused the player to receive less HP recovery from incantations and items other than "Flask of Crimson Tears" when activating the effect of "Malenia's Great Rune"
    Fixed a bug which caused the "Opaline Hardtear" to not boost physical damage negation
    Fixed a bug which prevented the player from jumping mid-air while riding under specific condition
    Fixed a bug which allowed jump attack with Colossal Weapons while mounted to hit twice consecutively
    Fixed a bug which caused some signs to appear more than once in the Summoning Pool
    Fixed a bug which caused the effect of some weapon skill's attack to persist under specific circumstances
    Fixed a bug which sometimes caused significant performance issue at "Ordina, Liturgical Town" under certain circumstances
    Fixed a bug which prevented the player from picking up dropped Runes upon death under certain circumstances
    Fixed a bug which allowed users to reach certain inaccessible area during multiplayer
    Fixed a bug which caused the multiplayer area to have different boundary than expected
    Fixed a bug that causes some enemies to have incorrect visuals and behaviors.
    Fixed a bug that caused incorrect sounds to be played under certain circumstances.
    Fixed a bug which caused some areas to make the player unable to move which lead to death
    Fixed a bug that caused some places on the map to have incorrect visuals and hitboxes.
    Fixed a bug in some maps that allowed users to reach unexpected locations using certain procedures.
    Fixed a bug with the PC version which caused click input to occur when equipping Staves or Sacred Seals and switching Windows to active.
    Other performance improvements and bug fixes.

Other

Added the "ERROR" text to unauthorized items

Bebpo

« Reply #893 on: August 09, 2022, 12:54:24 PM »
Yeah, Rivers of Blood and Bloodhound Step finally nerfed.

Svejk

« Reply #894 on: August 09, 2022, 01:18:15 PM »
Yeah, Rivers of Blood and Bloodhound Step finally nerfed.
Glad I just stuck with my build as you suggested and didn't waste time building arcane for Rivers of Blood.  :whew

And now with Increased Guard Counter's motion speed, if this will enhance my counter with the Bloodhound's Fang...  :cody

Bebpo

« Reply #895 on: August 09, 2022, 02:06:05 PM »
And now with Increased Guard Counter's motion speed, if this will enhance my counter with the Bloodhound's Fang...  :cody

It should. Bloodhoung is a greatsword, right? Sounds like this patch buffs all the bigger/slower weapons.

Svejk

« Reply #896 on: August 09, 2022, 02:27:06 PM »

It should. Bloodhoung is a greatsword, right? Sounds like this patch buffs all the bigger/slower weapons.
Yeah, it's a curved greatsword with an awesome Bloodhound Finesse skill... it's like Bloodhound's step, but with an attack built in.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #897 on: August 09, 2022, 03:45:26 PM »
Cant fix the bad performance ey?
What

Bebpo

« Reply #898 on: August 09, 2022, 03:55:32 PM »
Have they ever patched performance in their games before?

The feeling I get is that they just don't give a shit.

Svejk

« Reply #899 on: August 13, 2022, 10:59:02 AM »
Tracking down bosses via trophies, came across the Deep Root Valley.  Also didn't realize I was near the end of a side quest for Fia?  I never really talked to her or let her hug me prior, so I had no clue what's going on with her story.  Looking it up, it apparently plays a part of one of the endings?  :titus  There's almost too much elusive shit in this game.   At this point, I almost don't care.. doing it just for the gameplay and trophies.