Author Topic: Fire Emblem: Three Houses Hogsona thread of pick your waifu  (Read 24907 times)

curly

• cultural maoist
Re: Fire Emblem: Three Houses Hogsona thread of pick your waifu
« Reply #60 on: July 27, 2019, 09:32:26 PM »
Also, it's hilarious that "most deployed units" are just all Adelgard. The other two personalities are fucking weird.

Blue guy is this comical SMT Law dude, but before you pick him everyone's all "he's got darkness hidden in him" and he actively tells you that he's hiding his past from you when you dialogue with him. Really corny.

Claude (yellow guy) is annoying af and has some elitist comments which are weird for his character type.

Edelgard's kingdom history makes you think they're pro-status quo/historical weirdos, but she's cool and the only self-aware & accepting one of the bunch.

Blue Lion's roster also seemed super uptight and boring to be around for an entire playthrough.

how about you go to hell

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #61 on: July 27, 2019, 09:53:22 PM »
I'm playing on normal/casual. Don't @ me.

:jeanluc

spoiler (click to show/hide)
I'm playing normal/classic for my first playthrough, I'll go up to hard on my next one tho
[close]
yar

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #62 on: July 28, 2019, 03:22:35 AM »
Game is so good :lawd

Playing on Normal/Classic.

Chose to spend one of the days battling, and was basically able to freely grind the “freebie” / 0 cost battles as many times as I want. They just kept popping up, until I got bored after 5 wins and felt I would be way OP if I kept going, and just did the battle that cost one point to end the day.

Feels like a weird oversight from the devs. Did this happen to anyone else? The first time I did a battle day, they only gave one freebie before you had to spend a battle point.
Margs

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #63 on: July 28, 2019, 06:18:23 AM »
My Byleth(F) is basically Lord Baelish disguised as a thot scheming to destroy the other houses.
If I recruit Ingrid and other blue lion waifu's to the Black Eagles they won't ever have a suitable queen or heir.  8)

🤴

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #64 on: July 28, 2019, 01:37:30 PM »
Interesting thing about the game's development- it was primarily handled by Koei-Tecmo.  Specifically the team who makes the Romance Of The Three Kingdoms games and the story is from the team who worked on Fire Emblem Warriors.

https://nintendoeverything.com/fire-emblem-three-houses-devs-on-the-games-origins-working-with-koei-tecmo-japanese-title-expansion-pass-more/
ど助平

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #65 on: July 28, 2019, 02:10:50 PM »
This game is such a time sink.

There's just so much to do and tune if you make every decision yourself.
No longer being limited to certain classes for each character opens up a lot more opportunities.
🤴

kingv

« Reply #66 on: July 28, 2019, 02:36:07 PM »
The changes imo make it primarily a strategy game as opposed to primarily a tactics game.... hot take after two months.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #67 on: July 28, 2019, 02:42:28 PM »
Pretty hilarious that the meat of the Season Pass doesn't even come out until flipping April, wtf. I nope no one besides bork bought that. :lol

Game's awesome, tho.
©@©™

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #68 on: July 28, 2019, 04:40:28 PM »
Pretty hilarious that the meat of the Season Pass doesn't even come out until flipping April, wtf. I nope no one besides bork bought that. :lol

Game's awesome, tho.

I didn't buy that either.
 :umad

Guess it means plenty of content to come?
ど助平

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #69 on: July 28, 2019, 06:09:18 PM »

Game's awesome, tho.

I didn't buy that either.
 :umad

Guess it means plenty of content to come?

Sounds like snooze-city until the story DLC in April. The rest is just costumes, auxiliary maps, and crap.

July 26, 2019   
Officer's Academy Outfits
(for male and female Byleth)

October 31, 2019
Additional Auxiliary Battle Maps   These auxiliary battle maps will feature an increased number of enemies that drop items
Additional Helpful In-Game Support Items   Details TBC

December 20, 2019
Additional Quests   Details TBC
New Costumes   Details TBC

April 30, 2020
New Story Contents   A completely new story which will introduce new characters, new locations, and new chapters including battle maps.
©@©™

curly

• cultural maoist
« Reply #70 on: July 28, 2019, 10:28:25 PM »
Bernadette  :rejoice

Bebpo

« Reply #71 on: July 29, 2019, 03:23:32 AM »
Bought this even though I still haven’t played Awakenings or Fates which are in my backlog. But I need something fresh and new that’s all current hotness to motivate me to like gaming right now after FF14 burnout.

Just finished the download. Hope it’s good!

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #72 on: July 29, 2019, 04:09:13 AM »
It begins
https://twitter.com/maridahdotcom/status/1155586811168731137

They wasted all this dev time on the other two soy boy houses while everyone is playing as Edelgard.
🤴

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #73 on: July 29, 2019, 07:54:02 AM »
True facts, every time I log in the "most deployed" units are all the starting 8 Black Eagles

... of course I chose Black Eagles for my 1st playthrough
PRETTY SURE MASSIVE SPOILER AHEAD
SRSLY DON'T CLICK IF YOU DON'T WANT IT SPOILED
Wonder how the virtuous weeb brigade is gonna react to Edelgard being the flame emperor since they've made it ABUNDANTLY CLEAR through the game
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
yar

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #74 on: July 29, 2019, 08:50:56 AM »
True facts, every time I log in the "most deployed" units are all the starting 8 Black Eagles

... of course I chose Black Eagles for my 1st playthrough
PRETTY SURE MASSIVE SPOILER AHEAD
SRSLY DON'T CLICK IF YOU DON'T WANT IT SPOILED
Wonder how the virtuous weeb brigade is gonna react to Edelgard being the flame emperor since they've made it ABUNDANTLY CLEAR through the game
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]

I think the only correct reaction is

YAAS QUEEN SLAY!!! :noah
[close]
©@©™

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #75 on: July 29, 2019, 09:13:10 AM »
dog

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #76 on: July 29, 2019, 09:54:50 AM »
The Garreg Mach Monastery has gotta be the most lax school ever, fam.

"Oh wow, our religious institution is overrun with problems all over the continent and we're low on personnel, who's gonna kill these pirates?"

"lol idk send these students and their barely older than them teacher who we don't even know"
yar

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #77 on: July 29, 2019, 10:00:28 AM »
You gotta make sure those kids learn early that the best way to deal with a problem is just to kill as many people as possible.
dog

curly

• cultural maoist
« Reply #78 on: July 29, 2019, 11:52:49 AM »
more like edelgarbage

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #79 on: July 29, 2019, 12:18:27 PM »
Working for the Monastery is a roller coaster of "Are we the baddies" moments.

"THEY MUST BE PUNISHED AND KILLED BECAUSE THEY DEFY THE CHURCH!"

Yes, crazy lady with green hair. We will murder your enemies and collect their skulls.*

After tea time with Edelgard  :heart
[close]
« Last Edit: July 29, 2019, 12:36:39 PM by Nintex »
🤴

kingv

« Reply #80 on: July 29, 2019, 01:17:44 PM »
Waifu review:
Edelgard: beautiful, but likes pegging and is very demanding
Bernadette: sexually inexperienced, has a stinky hairy bush
Petra: down for some freaky shit that’s normal in her country. Has a dumb tattoo but a cute accent.
Dorothea: open to threesomes with other women. Insists on wearing a dumb hat in public. Might leave you for another woman.
Linhardt: most beautiful of all. Sleeps peacefully.

Bebpo

« Reply #81 on: July 29, 2019, 01:24:54 PM »
It begins
https://twitter.com/maridahdotcom/status/1155586811168731137

They wasted all this dev time on the other two soy boy houses while everyone is playing as Edelgard.

I picked the noble alliance

Waifus -  :kobeyuck

Boring richboys -  :larry

Keeping it real boys -  :jawalrus

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Last Edit: July 29, 2019, 01:34:24 PM by bork »
ど助平

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #83 on: July 29, 2019, 01:30:57 PM »
You should be able to recruit Dorothea pretty easily, Byleth has good CHA growth rates, just focus on raising your Authority (hint: assign a battalion ASAP, that will help raise authority)

Also, you know, she's pretty useful for the Alliance as she's another magic user (and can even unlock a hidden talent for learning faith magic if you instruct her in it, she's also a unit that will learn Physic so that's super useful)

Prime waifu material

:uguu
yar

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #84 on: July 29, 2019, 01:35:08 PM »
I'm upset that the only viable gay romance for Fem-Byleth outside of Black Eagles is Mercedes [and Lady Rhea, lmao]. I mean, she's okay, but her mom energy is a bit too strong. No gay lesbian romance with Catherine or Shamir is dang shame.
dog

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #85 on: July 29, 2019, 01:38:14 PM »
Apparently you can hook up with Rhea? Dunno. [insert joke about Church figures and underage students here]
yar

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #86 on: July 29, 2019, 01:48:41 PM »
She has an S-link, so I assume so.
dog

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #87 on: July 29, 2019, 05:34:55 PM »
Is it just me or is recruiting from other houses rather difficult.

"Flying and Dex, Magic and Faith"

My Byleth is a sword fighting leader and I don't feel like wasting all my activity points studying bible class with Rhea.
With that said, I also have no idea how long university lasts before shit gets real and I may lose the opportunity to recruit students. :thinking

You should be able to recruit Dorothea pretty easily, Byleth has good CHA growth rates, just focus on raising your Authority (hint: assign a battalion ASAP, that will help raise authority)

Also, you know, she's pretty useful for the Alliance as she's another magic user (and can even unlock a hidden talent for learning faith magic if you instruct her in it, she's also a unit that will learn Physic so that's super useful)

(Image removed from quote.)

Prime waifu material

:uguu
Plus Dorothea is open to finding a suitable partner at the university and hooking up with a different knight every day of the week.
🤴

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #88 on: July 30, 2019, 01:12:24 AM »
GOTY
©@©™

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #89 on: July 30, 2019, 02:01:32 AM »
I put a lot of effort into recruiting Raphael, whenever I was exploring the monastery I'd always end the day with a meal and I'd invite Raphael plus one of my students that needed a motivation boost before classes. If you can manage to get a C support rank that will help make it easier to recruit them, you can also make sure to give whoever you want to recruit their missing items or gifts they'd like to boost the support rank too. The speculation is that you need a score of around 20 for the stat, and around C for the skill rank in order to recruit them, with any sort of support rank making that easier.

After that I decided to target Felix for recruitment, since he favors high speed and swords and duh, unless you try to do anything special your Byleth is probably gonna go that route. The last chapter before [insert calamitous plot development here] I managed to recruit Felix, Ignatz, Leonie, and Ashe. Ignatz and Leonie I knew were possibilities because Ignatz was Dex and Authority, Leonie was Strength and Lance skill level. Ashe was completely random, I had just gotten into the habit on my exploration days the last few months of asking everyone to see what their responses were. Ashe's were Charm and Lance, so there you go.

You're going to boost your main stats pretty much without trying, except for Magic, which I think Byleth does have a decent but not great natural growth rate in. If you DO want to recruit magic users, class into Mage as soon as you can, it adds 10 to your base growth rate of 35%. But if you want a lot of mages, play Black Eagles. (everyone is playing Black Eagles)

Game owns.

Also! At a certain point in the story, you will be able to recruit other professors and certain knights. Always, always talk to everyone on your exploration days and see if it's possible to recruit them. If you can, you should, even if you think they're dumb.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2019, 02:27:41 AM by Human Snorenado »
yar

BIONIC

« Reply #90 on: July 30, 2019, 02:40:53 AM »
So far I just invite people to meals in order to grind professor points and support levels (not to mention motivation). I only ever do anything else if it’s required by a quest.

Seminars or faculty training just seems to be there for people who want to skip the life sim stuff, and boost their units. Generally useless otherwise.

Should’ve made it so that you get professor points for everything in order to encourage variety.
Margs

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #91 on: July 30, 2019, 02:58:34 AM »
Apparently you get professor points for fishing and it doesn't take an activity point  :doge Gardening too but meh.

Early on when you only have so much free time, lessons with professors is a scam, but mid game onwards it starts to make more sense, especially if you want to recruit somebody that you don't have a high rating in a skill, lessons can help boost you pretty quick. I'd do heavy armor lessons whenever I could spare it to lure Raphael. Focusing on lance lessons right before [insert calamitous story event here] let me recruit Leonie and Ashe as a bonus too.
yar

BIONIC

« Reply #92 on: July 30, 2019, 06:44:32 AM »
Answering notes at the cathedral also doesn’t take any activity points, but it doesn’t give any professor points either.
Margs

kingv

« Reply #93 on: July 30, 2019, 07:25:02 AM »
Huh. Was wondering what to partake in.

I’ve been doing the faculty lessons, but wasn’t really sure if that was the best route.

Also... how do you get to the training room? I have a quest there, but the route seems to be blocked.

I go up the stairs by it on the map where I’m pretty sure it is and then there are boxes that are blocking the routes around the building. Do you go around another way or get there via some stairs?

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #94 on: July 30, 2019, 08:58:31 AM »
There's a big set of doors facing north just to the right of the bottom of the stairs.
dog

Tasty

« Reply #95 on: July 30, 2019, 09:14:22 AM »
IMO, I found all the seminars and faculty training sessions to be (mostly) scams.

:isthis is this real life?

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #96 on: July 30, 2019, 10:49:01 AM »
Apparently you get professor points for fishing and it doesn't take an activity point  :doge Gardening too but meh.

I used up all my lures, and then didn’t have any left for golden fish day, fml. I thought you could just always find them or buy them, but you can’t buy them and it seems like you can only find them once a month.
©@©™

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #97 on: July 30, 2019, 02:00:17 PM »

I used up all my lures, and then didn’t have any left for golden fish day, fml. I thought you could just always find them or buy them, but you can’t buy them and it seems like you can only find them once a month.

The glowing blue spots only refill at the beginning of the month, yeah. There's some extra quest or battle you can do that will lure more merchants to the marketplace, and the two that show up sell lures, seeds, food ingredients, teas, and gifts. So it's worth doing.
yar

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
©@©™

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #99 on: July 30, 2019, 02:27:42 PM »

The glowing blue spots only refill at the beginning of the month, yeah. There's some extra quest or battle you can do that will lure more merchants to the marketplace, and the two that show up sell lures, seeds, food ingredients, teas, and gifts. So it's worth doing.

I’m doing all the side quests, but I’m still pretty early in the game. I just now unlocked tea parties.
©@©™

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #100 on: July 30, 2019, 03:25:19 PM »
The game is great but I honestly feel like on normal, it's a little too easy, especially since you can just grind extra battles. Of course, a lot of this is likely due to me having played an infinite amount of fucking Fire Emblem games.
yar

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #101 on: July 30, 2019, 03:28:12 PM »

I’m doing all the side quests, but I’m still pretty early in the game. I just now unlocked tea parties.

Yeah tea parties is Ch 3, the quest I'm thinking of is Ch 5
yar

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #102 on: July 30, 2019, 05:16:29 PM »
When you're trying to play on Permadeath mode, but the loli lets you rewind time. :noah
©@©™

Tasty

« Reply #103 on: July 30, 2019, 08:01:44 PM »
The game is great but I honestly feel like on normal, it's a little too easy, especially since you can just grind extra battles. Of course, a lot of this is likely due to me having played an infinite amount of fucking Fire Emblem games.

...if you've played FE so much why start on normal?? :confused

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #104 on: July 30, 2019, 08:22:04 PM »

...if you've played FE so much why start on normal?? :confused

1. Because I'm lazy and different FE games different relative difficulties (which you would know if you'd ever played any :smug) so if this was a more difficult one, then that would make sense

2. Because I'm going to play it AT LEAST 3 times through so I can go through each house's storyline and see how they're different, so I can play it on Hard or Lunatic or dickpunch mode later

3. Because fuck you, that's why
yar

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #105 on: July 30, 2019, 09:01:44 PM »
A small quibble: playing in handheld mode kinda sucks because lawd some of that text is small af

(granted, 42 year old eyes here but still)
yar

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #106 on: July 30, 2019, 09:24:40 PM »
https://twitter.com/pcgamer/status/1156207828622876672

Master Race annihilated  :crowdlaff
Yuzu and/or Ryuujinx will run it before long. Mustard prevails. :smug

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #107 on: July 30, 2019, 09:52:11 PM »
A small quibble: playing in handheld mode kinda sucks because lawd some of that text is small af

I just ordered it and this is what I’m worried about.  :(

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #108 on: July 30, 2019, 10:35:00 PM »

I just ordered it and this is what I’m worried about.  :(

If you play actually hand held it's bad but not as bad as what I do when I'm "working" which is use the kick stand on my desk and use the joycons in the controller shell. That's downright awful.
yar

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #109 on: July 30, 2019, 10:49:03 PM »
I'd almost forgotten that I have a Chrom amiibo that I bought for reasons I can't even fathom anymore, now I'm finally able to put it to work getting me mad seeds. :money
©@©™

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #110 on: July 31, 2019, 10:48:20 AM »
Armored Knight Edelgard has got me feeling some type of way.
©@©™

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #111 on: July 31, 2019, 10:53:34 AM »
I honestly wonder if the other lords are as OP as Edelgard, her high resistance growth means she can almost solo maps by herself later in the game
yar

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #112 on: July 31, 2019, 11:46:30 AM »
The eternal FE struggle of wanting to steamroll with your OP units vs. wanting to level up your stragglers.
©@©™

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #113 on: July 31, 2019, 12:52:28 PM »
The eternal FE struggle of wanting to steamroll with your OP units vs. wanting to level up your stragglers.

Pretty much any game with multiple chars

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #114 on: July 31, 2019, 01:19:07 PM »
Edelgard is so OP once you upgrade her to "Lord" and give her a Steel Sword+ :lawd
Pro-tip: equip her with a set of Royal Archers to have OP ranged combat as well :lol

I usually send Edelgard to cover one flank and the rest of the team to cover the other flank.
Even Byleth is pretty much a side show compared to Edie  :heart
🤴

kingv

« Reply #115 on: July 31, 2019, 01:21:00 PM »
So does anyone know exactly how all the classes affect character growth?

For example, I assigned Byleth (she’s bi) as a thief, because I tend to like those high dex , speedy, high crit characters in FE.

What I don’t understand is if this will actually affect how her stats grow or how she gains affinity to weapons.

Like my Petra is also a thief, but she mostly uses a bow, because she’s actually quite good with one.

I have Edelgard as an armored knight. She’s pretty good in thst role too.

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #116 on: July 31, 2019, 01:29:58 PM »
So does anyone know exactly how all the classes affect character growth?

For example, I assigned Byleth (she’s bi) as a thief, because I tend to like those high dex , speedy, high crit characters in FE.

What I don’t understand is if this will actually affect how her stats grow or how she gains affinity to weapons.

Like my Petra is also a thief, but she mostly uses a bow, because she’s actually quite good with one.

I have Edelgard as an armored knight. She’s pretty good in thst role too.

In general for all your FE needs:

https://serenesforest.net/three-houses/

Specifically to your questions:

Character base growth rates:

https://serenesforest.net/three-houses/characters/growth-rates/

Class growth rate modifiers (add or subtract to base growth rates as specified):

https://serenesforest.net/three-houses/classes/growth-rates/
yar

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
©@©™

kingv

« Reply #118 on: July 31, 2019, 03:22:02 PM »
I’ll be shocked if he’s not a villain at the end. Just look at him.

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #119 on: July 31, 2019, 03:45:49 PM »
I’ll be shocked if he’s not a villain at the end. Just look at him.

Greatness, at any cost.

[close]
©@©™