Author Topic: NEW MATRIX SEQUEL FROM LANA WACHOWSKI STARRING KEANU AND CARRIE-ANN  (Read 8596 times)

Tasty

• 🌺 Neo Flower Child 🌸   ~ team filler ~
Re: NEW MATRIX SEQUEL FROM LANA WACHOWSKI STARRING KEANU AND CARRIE-ANN
« Reply #240 on: February 16, 2021, 01:04:43 PM »
https://twitter.com/HeadExposure/status/1361717605053181958

:crazy

I've gone through the Reloaded and Revolutions extra on-disc material so many times but I don't think I ever saw this clip.

Tasty

« Reply #241 on: February 16, 2021, 01:08:48 PM »
https://twitter.com/HeadExposure/status/1361719830156611584

I think most of this stuff might have been because Bill Pope's amazing direction with the camera, but who The Wachowskis have always been hands-on with their fight scenes too... In any case that's just great film direction.

MMaRsu

« Reply #242 on: February 16, 2021, 01:13:29 PM »
My question is more philosophical in regards to the fight scene (which is beautifully executed indeed).

Cant Neo just bend those weapons? Isnt it that the spoon isnt bending, its you, making it so he can do all these things.

Ofcourse after he assimilated Agent Smith at the end of 1, I cant even be sure what extra powers he got, but I know he was able to see The Matrix for what it was, just lines of code.

If he sees The Matrix as lines of code, couldnt he rewrite or impact them in some way, making it so they could never harm him with those weapons?

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A Mod
« Reply #243 on: February 16, 2021, 01:18:10 PM »
Why doesn't Neo just fly to Mount Doom?

Tasty

« Reply #244 on: February 16, 2021, 01:20:03 PM »
https://twitter.com/HeadExposure/status/1361717762259902477

Wait... Chen was a dude? :o I legit always thought that was the token girl warrior in Merv's lineup :lol My whole world needs to be reoriented...

Tasty

« Reply #245 on: February 16, 2021, 01:25:51 PM »
My opinions, having over-thought this shit for almost 20 years:

Cant Neo just bend those weapons? Isnt it that the spoon isnt bending, its you, making it so he can do all these things.

My interpretation of the whole trilogy is that even though Neo became The One at the end of the first film, and could do things like stop bullets, fly, and "destroy" Agents, he wasn't at the height of his powers yet.

The One that Morpheus talks about seems like he could change literally everything in The Matrix on the code level, and Neo in the films doesn't come close to that. I wish Reloaded/Revolutions leaned more into the idea Neo is still on a journey instead of "Nope, he's the One now, no more powers or growth."

The other thing to consider is that the story of The One that Morpheus believes... might not be true. It's possible The Oracle lied to him to make the plots of the movies happen (and thus achieving true peace.) Maybe The One isn't a god in the Matrix, but Human++? The Oracle is well aware of the five previous "Ones" by the time Morpheus comes around, and all five of them represented another system of control.

Ofcourse after he assimilated Agent Smith at the end of 1, I cant even be sure what extra powers he got, but I know he was able to see The Matrix for what it was, just lines of code.

I don't think blasting Smith conferred any new power, but that's just my opinion and we probably don't know for sure.

If he sees The Matrix as lines of code, couldnt he rewrite or impact them in some way, making it so they could never harm him with those weapons?

Seeing code is different from being able to change it. I could go look up the Linux source code right now but ask me to do something specific and I'll likely have no clue without lots of research (or training, in Neo's case.) It would have been cool to maybe have a scene of him in Reloaded trying to mess with the code of the Matrix and it backfiring ("Oh shit, I just gave Deja Vu Cat an extra tail!")

Tasty

« Reply #246 on: February 16, 2021, 02:07:28 PM »

Dunno if anyone picked up on this, but RAINBOW code. :o Wonder if this is a tip to the final marketing...

Also the name was so obvious that WB registered a (similar) domain over a decade ago:

The domain matrixresurrection.com was registered by Warner Bros. in April 2009 and redirects to a Warner Bros. landing page.

I firmly hope/believe the final title will be plural though, to fit with Revolutions.

https://twitter.com/rob_keyes/status/1355877833197953025

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #247 on: February 16, 2021, 02:11:58 PM »
I didn't notice it at the time, but I think it's pretty funny now that the guy who betrayed everyone in The Matrix was named Reagan.
dog

Tasty

« Reply #248 on: February 16, 2021, 02:14:38 PM »
Wachowskis have always been needling conservatives lol. :P

Speaking of, apparently Joey Pants texted Lana about being in Matrix 4 since everyone else is coming back to life, and she never texted him back. :doge Real professional...

https://www.slashfilm.com/joe-pantoliano-bid-the-matrix-4-cast/

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #249 on: February 16, 2021, 02:18:34 PM »
My opinions, having over-thought this shit for almost 20 years:

My interpretation of the whole trilogy is that even though Neo became The One at the end of the first film, and could do things like stop bullets, fly, and "destroy" Agents, he wasn't at the height of his powers yet.

The One that Morpheus talks about seems like he could change literally everything in The Matrix on the code level, and Neo in the films doesn't come close to that. I wish Reloaded/Revolutions leaned more into the idea Neo is still on a journey instead of "Nope, he's the One now, no more powers or growth."

The other thing to consider is that the story of The One that Morpheus believes... might not be true. It's possible The Oracle lied to him to make the plots of the movies happen (and thus achieving true peace.) Maybe The One isn't a god in the Matrix, but Human++? The Oracle is well aware of the five previous "Ones" by the time Morpheus comes around, and all five of them represented another system of control.

I don't think blasting Smith conferred any new power, but that's just my opinion and we probably don't know for sure.

Seeing code is different from being able to change it. I could go look up the Linux source code right now but ask me to do something specific and I'll likely have no clue without lots of research (or training, in Neo's case.) It would have been cool to maybe have a scene of him in Reloaded trying to mess with the code of the Matrix and it backfiring ("Oh shit, I just gave Deja Vu Cat an extra tail!")

One idea I had for resurrections is what if because of neos actions there were more like him now. Human++ like you said. I think one of the themes in pretty much every thing the Wachowskis has done is that progress comes in inches, not miles. That we lay groundwork for those that come after us and that’s the beautiful and hard thing about it. Racer X had to do what he did so Speed can do what he does. Cloud Atlas takes this to the extreme and has probably the most explicit examples.

I think matrix online kinda played with this as well. 

Tasty

« Reply #250 on: February 16, 2021, 03:20:24 PM »
Cloud Atlas is definitely the culmination of that philosophy. What a majestic film.

Really hope they somehow keep MxO canon.

Tasty

« Reply #251 on: February 16, 2021, 03:35:55 PM »
https://twitter.com/Rafi66616/status/1357619048901709824

Pretty amazing all the anti-conservative and pro-LGBT elements in the original trilogy just wooshed past people.

Ugh now I need to start mentally preparing for another "pro/anti-SJW" campaign for yet another film :fbm

BIONIC

• Live Laugh Love. Wanderlust. The Office. Pizza. Dog mom. #Blessed
« Reply #252 on: February 16, 2021, 03:43:35 PM »
Or you could just enjoy the movie and not give a shit about the worthless discourse surrounding it?
Wine

Tasty

« Reply #253 on: February 16, 2021, 03:45:34 PM »
Or you could just enjoy the movie and not give a shit about the worthless discourse surrounding it?

You know that's going to be fairly impossible. It'll be in news reports, in this thread, tweets embedded in news articles on sites I happen to read, family members commenting on the situation, friends wanting a discussion about it (even if just to say "fuck those people"), etc.

It's exhausting and unavoidable short of living alone in a Faraday cage.

BIONIC

Wine

Tasty

« Reply #255 on: February 16, 2021, 04:25:04 PM »
Ah yes, a famous tweet from 8+ years ago. You sure showed me.

Good job bowing to extremism and shunning nuance.

BIONIC

« Reply #256 on: February 16, 2021, 04:42:32 PM »
I’m not showing you anything, bb. Just having a larf.
Wine

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A Mod
« Reply #257 on: February 16, 2021, 04:44:21 PM »
Outrage is business, it's not going away soon, so tuning it out is the only solution.
Find a smaller bubble of sane people and ignore publications that bank on it.
But i agree it's near impossible to avoid and it ruined things.

Tasty

« Reply #258 on: February 16, 2021, 04:56:41 PM »
Outrage is business, it's not going away soon, so tuning it out is the only solution.

Agreed. And if this were a normal movie it'd be a lot easier.

However I'm seeing this movie as being the next Ghostbusters 2016 (purely in terms of pre-launch discussions/arguments, not commenting on the validity of either "side" or the quality of that movie itself.) You have a whole coagulation of "redpilled" Reddit edgelords and others who have co-opted various Matrix terminologies but still think of the film as "non-political, like the new one should be."

And you have Lana honing her skills over the years and using it to tell less abstract metaphors from her viewpoint.

Immovable object, meet unstoppable force. v_v

Stro

• #SaturnSquad
« Reply #259 on: February 16, 2021, 06:15:08 PM »
It will be like anything else and everyone will have moved on within 2-3 weeks except the hardcores who just wanna rage

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #260 on: February 16, 2021, 06:36:49 PM »

Agreed. And if this were a normal movie it'd be a lot easier.

However I'm seeing this movie as being the next Ghostbusters 2016 (purely in terms of pre-launch discussions/arguments, not commenting on the validity of either "side" or the quality of that movie itself.) You have a whole coagulation of "redpilled" Reddit edgelords and others who have co-opted various Matrix terminologies but still think of the film as "non-political, like the new one should be."

And you have Lana honing her skills over the years and using it to tell less abstract metaphors from her viewpoint.

Immovable object, meet unstoppable force. v_v

Everyone has their Zack Snyder/JusticeLeagueSnyderCut you can do this.  She’s going to buck all those wack crazy redpill conservative woke shit. It’s gonna be beautiful. We’re gonna cry.

Tasty

« Reply #261 on: February 18, 2021, 07:33:25 PM »
https://www.indiewire.com/2021/02/lana-wachowski-matrix-4-directing-style-1234617400/

Filming on “The Matrix 4” is complete, and according to Neil Patrick Harris it was unlike other Hollywood action tentpoles of its kind. In an interview with Variety, the actor detailed Lana Wachowski’s unconventional filmmaking approach to a major studio production. As Harris explained, “It didn’t feel large because it felt like she was in her sweet spot, which was filming on the fly, filming using natural light. Sometimes you’d sit around for an hour waiting for the clouds to clear, and then you’d quickly film.”

What Harris is describing sounds more like the production of “1917 or “The Revenant” and less like a studio franchise film. The actor continued, “You’d film pages at a time in 30 minutes and then be done. You would think that a giant movie would be 100% storyboarded, animatics, and we’d be checking off shots. I think she lived that before three times over, and I would suspect that she wants to do things her own way now. It wasn’t often that you felt that you were doing something gigantic because she made it feel very intimate.”

:ohhh This shit is gonna be crazy and different and a lot of fun to watch, I can already tell.

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #262 on: February 19, 2021, 03:07:17 AM »
NPH? wtf :lol

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A Mod
« Reply #263 on: February 19, 2021, 06:35:53 AM »
I'm very intrigued. :thinking
Could it be that they adopted completely different filming styles for inside and outside the Matrix? I honestly can't imagine filming an action set piece that way, unless you're willing to risk the well being of your stunt/actors, but this isn't 80s China, so i doubt it.  :lol

Tasty

« Reply #264 on: February 19, 2021, 09:33:09 AM »
NPH? wtf :lol

He was good in Gone Girl :trumps

chronovore

• relapsed dev

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #266 on: February 20, 2021, 10:40:48 PM »
I really think 4 is gonna have a big adventure vibe. Sense8 and Jupiter Ascending had that on the run constantly improvising energy and I really think this isn’t going to be anything we’re expecting. I’m really seeing neo in a more passive role and it’d be a great flip.

Stro

• #SaturnSquad
« Reply #267 on: February 20, 2021, 10:51:19 PM »
I hope it's a dadcore indie drama until there's a gun fight and Keanu looks straight into the camera and says "Wrong movie"

Transhuman

« Reply #268 on: February 21, 2021, 02:14:00 AM »
They have enough cache in the industry that they could adapt anything they wanted, they even manage to make IP's like Speed Racer into good movies, but instead they make a a follow-up trilogy to a story that ended on a pretty conclusive note that doesn't really need a prequel or sequel.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #269 on: February 21, 2021, 02:39:23 AM »
it's not a sequel, trashy. it's a resurrection  8)

Tasty

« Reply #270 on: March 03, 2021, 07:15:25 PM »
Choice.

The problem is choice.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #271 on: March 03, 2021, 08:36:36 PM »
I really think 4 is gonna have a big adventure vibe. Sense8 and Jupiter Ascending had that on the run constantly improvising energy and I really think this isn’t going to be anything we’re expecting. I’m really seeing neo in a more passive role and it’d be a great flip.

I always thought the best sequel would have started from "Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely." Neo should be the villain -- or at least whatever portion of Smith he integrated has managed to influence his mentality into a takeover mode.

Stro

• #SaturnSquad
« Reply #272 on: March 03, 2021, 08:43:17 PM »
Neo should wear a suit and shoot a bunch of people imo

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #273 on: March 03, 2021, 08:47:57 PM »
Neo should wear a suit and shoot a bunch of people imo

This also works.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #274 on: March 03, 2021, 08:58:01 PM »
Ok not going to lie, I was not excited for this, but with every thread bump, I anticipate it more. 
NtGay

Tasty

« Reply #275 on: March 03, 2021, 10:46:26 PM »
Ok not going to lie, I was not excited for this, but with every thread bump, I anticipate it more. 

Your mind makes it real.

naff

• <̽̎̏ͨͣ͞҉̯͔̩̩͕ͅ>̫͔͍̥͉̳͚͓͗͋̄̑ͧ̓̔̏ͭ̿͌ͫ́̒́ͩ̀͡͞ͅ
« Reply #276 on: March 03, 2021, 11:09:07 PM »
i really need to watch jupiter ascending and speed racer. i enjoyed cloud atlas and love sense8. reloaded and revolutions really grew on me also. not a fan in my teens, but i honestly love them now.
◕‿◕

Tasty

« Reply #277 on: March 03, 2021, 11:12:46 PM »
JA and S8 are the ones I still need to check out.

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #278 on: March 04, 2021, 08:44:21 AM »
i really need to watch jupiter ascending

It's complete garbage.

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A Mod
« Reply #279 on: March 04, 2021, 09:02:02 AM »
Speed Racer is fantastic.
Jupiter Ascending, even i wouldn't defend, not only is not good in general, but it'a also extremely bland.
The only memorable part was a little Brazil nod, about galactic beaurocracy.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #280 on: March 04, 2021, 12:19:36 PM »
Choice.

The problem is choice.

Freedom is not a reward or a decoration that you toast in champagne. On the contrary, it's hard graft and a long-distance run, all alone, very exhausting. At the end of every freedom there is a sentence, which is why freedom is too heavy to bear. 

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
Speed Racer is fantastic.
Jupiter Ascending, even i wouldn't defend, not only is not good in general, but it'a also extremely bland.
The only memorable part was a little Brazil nod, about galactic beaurocracy.

::)

:lawd