Author Topic: XBOX GamePass ~*OT*~ best service, best console (now with EA Play)  (Read 110891 times)

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
Re: XBOX GamePass ~*OT*~ best service, best console
« Reply #240 on: May 27, 2020, 11:04:48 PM »
Yeah I played it in a co-op session and it's pretty braindead. I keep having to notch up the difficulty.

There are a lot of mobs so you can get overwhelmed though. Havent really been getting much in loot drops.
fat

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #241 on: May 31, 2020, 02:01:29 PM »
Can you drop in on friends in minecraft dungeons? Gonna start a online game, check it out

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #242 on: May 31, 2020, 03:01:39 PM »
Yes you can see a list of who is playing on the main menu
fat

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #243 on: June 01, 2020, 12:15:58 AM »
Minecraft Dungeons does seem a bit simple, but it's probably really good for couch co-op + beers. Loot progression seems nice n easy, just scrap everything you don't want or something, then get new on-level shit from the blacksmith. Gamerscore looks piss easy

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #244 on: June 01, 2020, 12:42:50 AM »
You could use LFG if you want to play with people. Just make sure you are host so you dont get kicked or anything
fat

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #245 on: June 01, 2020, 11:57:23 PM »
Curious thing about Minecraft Dungeons is theres next to no tutorial or instruction manual. Like, some items have multiple enchant slots? You get your points back by scrapping an item? Yeah cool I figured out this shit myself but I've played hundreds of games, and this one is aimed at little kids so I can see some of em getting lost, even Minecraft veterans might get confused cos the gameplay systems have nothing to do with Minecraft.

Game is quite fun if you raise the difficulty a wee bit, but yeah this is very very rote stuff. Surprised it took this long for a Minecraft spinoff to even come out

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #246 on: June 01, 2020, 11:58:26 PM »
It actually gets pretty hard in the further difficulties. I just finished the second mode (Adventure) and it took us a few runs and switching around trinkets and gear to get some synergy going.
fat

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #247 on: June 02, 2020, 04:46:38 PM »
If Gears 4 was a fine 7/10 shooter Gears 5 so far is a 9/10.

Story is actually interesting again, gameplay slightly tweaked. Nice.

Sho Nuff

• o/~ TOUCH ME AND I'LL BREAK YOUR FACE o/~
« Reply #248 on: June 02, 2020, 09:04:08 PM »
Tearing through DMC5. This is the greatest service ever

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #249 on: June 07, 2020, 08:50:08 PM »
Gave Slay the Spire a go as I like deckbuilding games and roguelikes.

Cool game but WTF I beat it on my first attempt. Was this just a major fluke? Cos what kind of roguelike do you win first try?

I get theres plenty more content and challenges, but still

Sho Nuff

« Reply #250 on: June 07, 2020, 09:52:38 PM »
Playing Shadow Warrior 2. WTF when did this turn into a looter shooter? I like it. Polish devs ftw

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #251 on: June 07, 2020, 11:58:58 PM »
This service should have more NEOGEO games, especially 3 Count Bout :jeb

I will literally start kicking my feet and snorting if they let me download Burning Fight for FREE

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #252 on: June 10, 2020, 01:08:38 PM »
KH3

I'm too bored to continue playing this

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #253 on: June 10, 2020, 02:30:05 PM »
You need to look inside your heart and let it guide you m8
(ice)

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #254 on: June 10, 2020, 08:08:44 PM »
KH3

That's on gamepass?

Sho Nuff

« Reply #255 on: June 10, 2020, 08:11:30 PM »
Yeah it's there, I don't think I have the patience to deal with this when FF7R exists

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #256 on: June 10, 2020, 09:53:17 PM »
KH3

That's on gamepass?

Yes and the rest of the KH games come to gamepass tomorrow.

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #257 on: June 11, 2020, 01:07:45 AM »
You need to look inside your heart and let it guide you m8

these characters are annoying and the combat loses its luster after the 20th bumper car call-in

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #258 on: June 11, 2020, 01:47:24 AM »
Shit sux :lol but I have a mild fascination with what impenetrable gibberish the series is
(ice)

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #259 on: June 11, 2020, 11:23:54 AM »
No Man’s Sky is up

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #260 on: June 11, 2020, 11:08:56 PM »
Battletech is on PC cause of course it is as I just bought it. It's pretty good, very Front Mission 3.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #261 on: June 12, 2020, 03:22:47 AM »
Battletech is on PC cause of course it is as I just bought it. It's pretty good, very Front Mission 3.

Doesn't Battletech on computers predate Front Mission by -- like a whole bunch? Or are you saying the gameplay of FM3 is specifically where Battletech drew its current inspiration?

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #262 on: June 12, 2020, 02:56:54 PM »
just the vibe, and the way limb damage is handled IIRC. battletech is way older property but they don't generally put out games like this? it's been since FM3 since I have felt similar.

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #263 on: June 12, 2020, 04:49:02 PM »
No Man’s Sky is up

And it’s still dog shit, I want my bandwidth back :hhh
(ice)

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #264 on: June 12, 2020, 06:29:04 PM »
No Man’s Sky is up

And it’s still dog shit, I want my bandwidth back :hhh
Yeah, I repaired my ship, blasted off into space (which looked like atmosphere because it was lime green), landed on the second planet and uninstalled, because I figured I would be doing exactly this going forward, except with more steps. No thanks. :doge
« Last Edit: June 12, 2020, 06:38:40 PM by Rufus »

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #265 on: June 12, 2020, 06:49:00 PM »
Wow yet another boring shithole for me to explore :doge

spoiler (click to show/hide)
I didn’t even make it off the first planet before thinking ‘fuck this shid’ to myself and turning it off
[close]
(ice)

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #266 on: June 13, 2020, 12:57:31 AM »
Tried sniper elite and shot some germans, pretty cool but I dony have the patience for this now.

Fired up Yakuza 0. Endured 45 min of almost entirely cutscenes to set the story up. There was karaoke qte. Never played a yakuza game so im intrigued. Will probably come back to this one day.

So happy I could try two games that were always on my radar but Id prob never buy.

Decided Im going to play Gears Judgment instead as its the last Gears game I havent beat.

Also installing Mastee Chief collection and wondering how to tackle the Halo series. Ive only ever finished one solo. Think Ill go reach-3-odst-4-5? Just skip 2.

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #267 on: June 13, 2020, 01:34:59 AM »
I've been told that it's better to play Yakuza 1 first and then 0 cause things will make more sense that way.
Hi

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #268 on: June 13, 2020, 06:51:58 AM »
I know I won't finish it, but will play like 5-10 hours to get a feel and enjoy it :)

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #269 on: June 13, 2020, 01:56:06 PM »
I’m liking no mans sky, pretty open and fun once you’re terraforming and base building.
I dug out a sweet cave, put my house in it, built a big stone statue, and now I’m continuing on the missions/guide

BisMarckie

« Reply #270 on: June 13, 2020, 02:01:36 PM »
No Man‘s Sky is a pretty chill game. Perfect to watch some shit in the background. I already liked the barebones launch version.

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #271 on: June 13, 2020, 03:10:22 PM »
I’m really enjoying it. Gone in pretty much blind, I’m on a space station now trying to piece together alien languages and shit. Pretty good mix of just having elements to play with and a storyline-ish progression to follow when you want to add more stuff, imo

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #272 on: June 13, 2020, 04:29:56 PM »
Halo Reach feels really dated zzz
« Last Edit: June 13, 2020, 11:03:41 PM by Premium Lager »

Bebpo

« Reply #273 on: June 13, 2020, 11:11:32 PM »
Played like 4 hours of No Man's Sky. I like it and am bored/annoyed at the same time. Every time I find something I need to gather stuff to use it and half the time I have no idea where to get it. Just seems kind of tedious, but it's a cool concept.

Sho Nuff

« Reply #274 on: June 14, 2020, 01:20:10 AM »
I wanted to like NMS but there's too much of "Mine this thing so you can get a jpeg, then drag the jpeg into the other jpeg, then you can turn those into jpegs that let you actually fly around and have fun"

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #275 on: June 14, 2020, 05:32:02 AM »
Sounds like 95% games with crafting

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #276 on: June 14, 2020, 07:29:50 AM »
Why does NMS run so badly? I get more FPS in RDR2 and that looks worlds better

???
What

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #277 on: June 14, 2020, 07:41:41 AM »
Shit sux :trumps
(ice)

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #278 on: June 14, 2020, 11:16:48 AM »
Once you have storage containers and portals, you can get stocked up pretty well on resources. Also got a shit ton of credits from space fights with fugitives while mining asteroids. Still really liking it, I have 3 bases set up with portals on wildly different planets, looking forward to expanding my network :) 

It really sorta slow plays all the things you can do, so I could see not getting into it easily, but there really is a lot here now imo

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #279 on: June 14, 2020, 01:54:39 PM »
Yeah I got to the Anomaly and this game has a lot of great stuff if you get to it :lol

Bebpo

« Reply #280 on: June 14, 2020, 01:55:17 PM »
Once you have storage containers and portals, you can get stocked up pretty well on resources. Also got a shit ton of credits from space fights with fugitives while mining asteroids. Still really liking it, I have 3 bases set up with portals on wildly different planets, looking forward to expanding my network :) 

It really sorta slow plays all the things you can do, so I could see not getting into it easily, but there really is a lot here now imo

I hear you, I just got discouraged by always running out of inventory storage and having to constantly discard stuff and on PC the crashes. Since the game has a really dumb save system instead of just like autosave every few mins, having it randomly crash at any time on PC and then sit through 2-3 min initial load is :|

Like I got to the point after the space station (which was also discouraging since I couldn't talk or understand almost anyone and just doing one word at a time was tedious) where I built a signal booster and found a drop shit with suit upgrades but then I fly there on the other side of the planet and it needs items I don't have and I don't know where to go "Antimatter" and some other one that's refined from caves stuff but how do I easily even find caves??

On top of that I decoded a bunch of maps at the space station but like 30 mins later when I'm on the planet doing all this stuff I go hmmm, maybe I'll take a break from this suit upgrade and go check out some of these places the map showed...but I have no idea where they are and I can't figure out how to find them. There's no markers to any other planet in space and there is nothing in my logs about them. Whoops.

I wish the game had a normal map screen that just had icon markers for all the stuff you've found, maps you've decoded, etc... other than knowing where my base is and the space station is I don't really know where anything is and it's really confusing and makes trying to find materials a pain.

Also stuff like sodium plants give you so little sodium and my hazard suit keeps eating it all up so it's not like carbon where I shoot every planet and have a ton of it or ferrite dust from shooting rocks.

Oh and man it was sad when I built a portal and a generator to power it and connected the wire and filled it with fuel and it was good for....3 mins and 30 seconds. Like that seems pretty useless if everything will just be out of power the second you leave and come back.

I feel like when you get to the point in the game where you have 1) more storage space, 2) a vehicle to move faster without getting in and out of your ship constantly, 3) a general idea of where to get the stuff you need for crafting, 4) enough language to actually communicate with NPCs....at that point I think it'd be fun. But it just feels like that's a whole lot of work to get there.

I don't generally play these kinds of games since I don't like the gathering/crafting genre, but what I played of Subnautica felt a lot like No Man Sky but better and faster and smoother progression. Playing No Man Sky made me want to go and try that again.

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #281 on: June 14, 2020, 03:42:53 PM »
I just put up solar panels with batteries that charge all day, the first biofuel engine thing you get is like, okay for an emergency. There’s so much in the technology trees to play with later on that solve every problem you’ve had, and for me that’s where the satisfaction comes in. Eventually you having to solve a bunch of tiny little problems adds up to you having a fairly decent tool set and resource pool. I feel like to really give the game a chance, you gotta reach the Anomaly and explore some of what it has to offer. But if you can’t get there, guess the game failed ya 🤷‍♀️

Bebpo

« Reply #282 on: June 14, 2020, 06:37:46 PM »
I just put up solar panels with batteries that charge all day, the first biofuel engine thing you get is like, okay for an emergency. There’s so much in the technology trees to play with later on that solve every problem you’ve had, and for me that’s where the satisfaction comes in. Eventually you having to solve a bunch of tiny little problems adds up to you having a fairly decent tool set and resource pool. I feel like to really give the game a chance, you gotta reach the Anomaly and explore some of what it has to offer. But if you can’t get there, guess the game failed ya 🤷‍♀️

Yeah, maybe I'll give it another try and see if I can get that far.

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #283 on: June 14, 2020, 08:18:45 PM »
Gave Deliver Us the Moon a go as theres a weekly rewards quest for playing it.

Uh its definitely a zero budget indie game. I think as a proof-of-concept its pretty good though. I really enjoy scifi films like Interstellar and Ad-Astra and this game is definitely in the tradition of those. Theres already been a few different gameplay concepts introduced and theres some neat ideas in this. AAA version of this game idea please.

Best part is how the VA is quite obviously europeans putting on british/american accents. Its kinda cute

Bebpo

« Reply #284 on: June 15, 2020, 02:01:45 AM »

Yeah, maybe I'll give it another try and see if I can get that far.

Got to the anomaly multiplayer hub station and see all the million upgrades. I built a second base out on the 2nd solar system and it seems to take me about 20 mins to gather enough carbon/ferrite to build a base and all the machines and a teleporter on a new planet. Don't have enough salvaged data to unlock the solar power and batteries, still haven't gotten any cargo upgrades but I did get the space truck blueprint on the station.

It's an interesting game, but I can't help the feeling that I'm not making much progress and it's just running across the same things over and over on each planet (drop pods, abandoned stations with organic life, people occasionally). I think my issue is at most of these spots there isn't much to do besides grab a couple of a chest. I feel like what I want out of this game is more like Mass Effect where I want to run into people and get quests to do things across the galaxy. Not just build and repair and slowly get closer to the main game's endgoal.

Basically it's good, but yeah it's just not for me. Glad I gave it more of a shot though.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #285 on: June 15, 2020, 02:18:13 AM »
Played What the Golf?! on Apple Arcade. It’s fantastic. This is not just clever and funny, it’s a clinic on player expectations, UI, UX, and what happens when they don’t align.

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #286 on: June 15, 2020, 08:21:20 PM »
Played a bit of moonlighter, kinda fun

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #287 on: June 16, 2020, 02:56:18 AM »
*blinks really hard* have played moonlighter for hours now, I’m such a sucker for rogue shit

Bebpo

« Reply #288 on: June 16, 2020, 02:22:41 PM »
*blinks really hard* have played moonlighter for hours now, I’m such a sucker for rogue shit

Tried this out, seems pretty cool. Really digging the spritework.

Is there any point to the items you pick up in the dungeon besides selling them? I notice there's 2 separate inventories of on your person and backpack. What's the difference?

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
« Reply #289 on: June 16, 2020, 02:46:17 PM »
I think I'll try no man sky. Hated it when it originally came out. I have my doubts whether I will like it any more now. But will give it a shot.

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #290 on: June 16, 2020, 03:40:32 PM »
I’m not really sure, but you might keep stuff on your person when you die, but lose the bag contents. Eventually you get a blacksmith and an enchantress type lady who will use various ingredients for upgrades. I cheated and used a price list I got off the web, the guessing is too hard lol

But yeah, I really like the sprite work and animation in the game

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #291 on: June 17, 2020, 01:10:28 AM »
Beat it and started the ng+ Lol

Beezy

« Reply #292 on: June 19, 2020, 03:10:59 AM »
Finally started taking advantage of GamePass after SoR4 came out. I'm assuming the MS published games will be on there forever, so I'm ignoring them for now.

Ace Combat 7 was so good that I bought the DLC, but the first mission is hard as hell even on normal. Most players online are ridiculously good also.

Rocket League is awesome, but most players in this game are too good also. It's still fun to play though.

I made sure to play SUPERHOT before it left the service only to find out that I already had it through XBL Gold lol. It's great on first playthrough, but then I was over it. Did some of the challenges, but lost interest pretty quick.

Jump Force is fucking trash. Deleted it after 15 mins.

Dishonored 2 seems pretty cool and I want to continue it (never played the first), but I've always had issues with motion sickness when playing first person campaigns. Got to the ship at the beginning of the game then I had to lay on my floor for about 20 mins.

Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid plays well for what feels like a budget game. Mechanics don't seem deep at all, but it's enjoyable. The achievements are fucking dumb though. I don't know if I've played 1000 ranked fights in any online fighter.

Not sure how to feel about Monster Hunter World yet. Just started tonight and I've only done one mission/quest. Combat didn't seem like anything special tbh. If it doesn't keep my attention, then I'll move on to either Nier Automata or Yakuza Kiwami next. I wish we knew far in advance when games are scheduled to leave so I could prioritize what to play, but oh well. This service has me trying a lot that I never would have otherwise.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2020, 01:04:38 PM by Beezy »

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #293 on: June 19, 2020, 09:42:00 AM »
Started really playing DR4

My first DR since 1 over a decade ago.

Game has been made a lot more accessible and less "hardcore". Still good fun though.

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #294 on: June 19, 2020, 12:56:49 PM »
I’ve also dipped my toes into rocket league, very fun but some people playing are definitely doing so with hundreds of hours learning lol

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #295 on: June 19, 2020, 01:07:36 PM »
Its pretty late to jump into now imho since the game really has a  heigh skill ceiling

Any fps shooter you can get lucky and get a kill but here its different

mormapope

• WHADDYA HEAR, WHADDYA SAY
« Reply #296 on: June 19, 2020, 01:30:42 PM »
Rocket League has tons of lil things to understand and *get* versus any other team based game. It's a mix of acrobatic beauty and rugby. Situational awareness and awareness in general is important.

Almost got to diamond in ranked, but people take the shit incredibly seriously, combined with frustration of there being no cohesive teamwork.

The amount of 14 year old white teenie fucks that wanna be the next Rocket Kobe, ruins a lot of fun and competitiveness the game has.
OH!

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #297 on: June 19, 2020, 01:36:29 PM »
If anyone ever wants to play some RL im always down!
What

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #298 on: June 19, 2020, 01:49:16 PM »
Yeah, I do okay, there is some situational awareness that transferred from my hours and hours of lucioball in overwatch. Nailed a number of goals just by hanging back and knowing when to try it

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #299 on: June 19, 2020, 02:05:09 PM »
I think I'll try no man sky. Hated it when it originally came out. I have my doubts whether I will like it any more now. But will give it a shot.

It's changed quite a bit from a couple years ago when I first played it.
dog