Author Topic: XBOX GamePass ~*OT*~ best service, best console (now with EA Play)  (Read 111687 times)

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
Re: XBOX GamePass ~*OT*~ best service, best console
« Reply #300 on: June 19, 2020, 08:56:08 PM »

Ace Combat 7 was so good that I bought the DLC, but the first mission is hard as hell even on normal. Most players online are ridiculously good also.

Yeah I also bought the DLC cos I loved the game so much - fully worth it. Did you pick up the season pass? Because the DLC planes are some of the best in the game and do help with getting S ranks. The DLC missions are hard - but are more manageable with the right loadout. Ensure you get all the single player parts from the aircraft tree.

I used this guide to get all S -ranks, the loadout suggestions are great: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1735952104

The parts that enhance missile homing are a 100% game changer.

Re: online, these guys have good loadouts and weapons. Try and take note of what planes are popular and use those. The MP only parts are very strong and you need to grind for them.

Sho Nuff

• o/~ TOUCH ME AND I'LL BREAK YOUR FACE o/~
« Reply #301 on: June 19, 2020, 09:24:18 PM »
Started really playing DR4

My first DR since 1 over a decade ago.

Game has been made a lot more accessible and less "hardcore". Still good fun though.

I enjoyed this way more than I should have. It's pretty easy and you blast through the skill tree so you're essentially a walking tank a few hours in. I'm old and crotchety so I have no problem with that. Also I found the Cammy costume and Frank was like "THIS IS A NO BODY SHAMING ZONE" and I was like "OK this game is the best"

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #302 on: June 19, 2020, 09:26:33 PM »
I loved DR 1 & 2 so might give it a go. Can see why the timer put people off but I liked the urgency of it

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #303 on: June 20, 2020, 08:42:42 AM »
Game is awful, you have to pay for the real ending, and it was the nail in the coffin for Vancouver

Free is about the right price for it
fat

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #304 on: June 20, 2020, 09:00:32 AM »
If its one thing demi and I can agree on is that dr4 is trashfire
What

Bebpo

« Reply #305 on: June 20, 2020, 12:14:27 PM »
The article recently where the team was trash talking why their own game is shitty (studio interference) kinda sealed the deal on not worth even installing it.

I loved the fuck out of DR1/2/OTR, even had a somewhat enjoyable stepped down time out of DR3. But yeah, just does not sound enjoyable at all.

Also getting rid of the timer is lolz, basically like making a Mario game and taking out the ability to get hit. The whole gameplay of the series was the intensity of having to make time pressure challenges and decisions. The combat was never particularly great (it was ok, combo weapons are cool) but it was slowing you down and that made it a challenge and exciting.

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #306 on: June 20, 2020, 01:16:20 PM »
Honestly the hardest part about rocket league is the total lack of team work usually

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #307 on: June 20, 2020, 01:36:30 PM »
Honestly the hardest part about rocket league is the total lack of team work usually

add me on steam bruv letd get some games in, I was tearing it up last night
What

mormapope

• WHADDYA HEAR, WHADDYA SAY
« Reply #308 on: June 20, 2020, 01:51:02 PM »
Dead Rising seemed like a fluke regarding how great the first one was. The series immediately lost me when co op and combo weapon crafting was introduced in 2. Along with using a similar setting, it felt like the series was sent to mediocrity right away.

Like, today in my head, a dream Dead Rising game:

Tropical setting
Setting revolves around 3 main areas

Cruise ship, resort island nearby, and the open ocean

3 days, overtime mode is strictly the island, and eventually an underground lab/research facility.

Zombies on island, zombies also come from the depths of the ocean and come up on the beach (elite, older zombies), zombie fish and sharks.

At night, island becomes borderline inhabitable, must retreat to cruise ship. Tower defense styled mode at night where you defend the cruise ship from zombies and bigger zombie fish/whales.

Use zombies and food as bait to kill or capture zombie fish.

Story is the US government wanted to conduct top secret research on zombified tuna. Reasoning being if it's successful or a failure, the public wouldn't know because it's harder to uncover mysteries from the ocean. (In line with the satirical story from 1).

Main character is a teenager that's visiting his fisherman dad. He lives on resort island where he runs a fishing operation. On a routine fishing trip, the son notices something odd floating and wants to investigate. Takes a smaller boat to see it's a zombie. As this is happening, a infected whale destroys his father's ship and eats everyone on board. Son sees a cruise ship in the distance, races towards it.

No co-op, no combo cards, simple survival recipes/crafting, focus is on building shit on the cruise ship and upgrading that over combo cards.

Dead Rising would also be a clever name, because it'd literally be dead bodies in the ocean rising to the top and coming to shore  :lol :doge

Also, very open world, where you travel in between those three areas constantly.
OH!

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #309 on: June 20, 2020, 02:04:57 PM »
Dead Rising seemed like a fluke regarding how great the first one was. The series immediately lost me when co op and combo weapon crafting was introduced in 2. Along with using a similar setting, it felt like the series was sent to mediocrity right away.

Tropical setting

3 days, overtime mode is strictly the island, and eventually an underground lab/research facility.

Zombies on island, zombies also come from the depths of the ocean and come up on the beach (elite, older zombies), zombie fish and sharks.

At night, island becomes borderline inhabitable, must retreat to cruise ship. Tower defense styled mode at night where you defend the cruise ship from zombies and bigger zombie fish/whales.

Story is the US government wanted to conduct top secret research on zombified tuna. Reasoning being if it's successful or a failure, the public wouldn't know because it's harder to uncover mysteries from the ocean. (In line with the satirical story from 1).

Main character is a teenager that's visiting his fisherman dad. He lives on resort island where he runs a fishing operation. On a routine fishing trip, the son notices something odd floating and wants to investigate. Takes a smaller boat to see it's a zombie. As this is happening, a infected whale destroys his father's ship and eats everyone on board. Son sees a cruise ship in the distance, races towards it.

No co-op, no combo cards, simple survival recipes/crafting, focus is on building shit on the cruise ship and upgrading that over combo cards.

Dead Rising would also be a clever name, because it'd literally be dead bodies in the ocean rising to the top and coming to shore  :lol :doge

Also, very open world, where you travel in between those three areas constantly.

Isn't this basically what Dead Island 2 was supposed to be and development of that game broke like 3 studios lol

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #310 on: June 20, 2020, 02:35:49 PM »
Dead Rising 2 / OTR is like the best in the series though. Co-op + combo crafting rules

DR4 was literally made be people who haven't played DR before. Design by committee

I enjoyed Dead Island + Riptide as well
fat

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #311 on: June 20, 2020, 07:54:57 PM »

add me on steam bruv letd get some games in, I was tearing it up last night

I’m playing on Xbox but my rocketid is SpencerGR#1673

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #312 on: June 21, 2020, 11:02:56 AM »

Tropical setting

:iface

mormapope

• WHADDYA HEAR, WHADDYA SAY
« Reply #313 on: June 21, 2020, 12:34:12 PM »
There are much worse fan fiction styled passion projects than what I suggested  :doge

OH!

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #314 on: June 21, 2020, 12:40:26 PM »
some of it sounds pretty cool but eh they will never make a good DR game again
What

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #315 on: June 21, 2020, 01:43:35 PM »
It's cool man. As long as you understand that DR4 is trash and ruined the series and we will never get a new one again for a long time because of it
fat

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #316 on: June 21, 2020, 04:19:21 PM »
Ive put like 10 hours into DR4 now and its gotten pretty monotonous to the point I might not keep playing. Im.like halfway through the cases but I dont feel like there is anything new waiting for me anymore.

Beezy

« Reply #317 on: June 22, 2020, 01:24:33 AM »

Ace Combat 7 was so good that I bought the DLC, but the first mission is hard as hell even on normal. Most players online are ridiculously good also.

Yeah I also bought the DLC cos I loved the game so much - fully worth it. Did you pick up the season pass? Because the DLC planes are some of the best in the game and do help with getting S ranks. The DLC missions are hard - but are more manageable with the right loadout. Ensure you get all the single player parts from the aircraft tree.

I used this guide to get all S -ranks, the loadout suggestions are great: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1735952104

The parts that enhance missile homing are a 100% game changer.

Re: online, these guys have good loadouts and weapons. Try and take note of what planes are popular and use those. The MP only parts are very strong and you need to grind for them.
Yeah, I got the season pass when it was on sale. I guess I'll do every mission again on easy and hard for money. I only have like a third of the parts and planes from single player.

Bebpo

« Reply #318 on: June 22, 2020, 01:47:48 AM »
Sorry for playing DR 4 guys :stahp

Now I feel bad  :'(

Enjoy what you like

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #319 on: June 25, 2020, 12:08:16 PM »
Streets of Rogue added, seems right up my ally

Sho Nuff

« Reply #320 on: June 25, 2020, 12:54:08 PM »
Observation is FUCKING TIGHT. Don’t read anything about it. Just play it.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #321 on: June 25, 2020, 12:55:25 PM »
I downloaded Observation and The Messenger
fat

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #322 on: June 25, 2020, 01:29:51 PM »

Sho Nuff will do
What

Sho Nuff

« Reply #323 on: June 25, 2020, 09:13:42 PM »

Sho Nuff will do

Apparently it doesn't deliver on the first hour, which I played and was blown away by? So I may be mistaken? Dunno, digging it so far.

Bebpo

« Reply #324 on: June 29, 2020, 09:02:33 PM »
Cats, I gave Moonlighter some more time and I'm gonna bail. It's a cool game but it feels too much of a job/grind. Like you want to upgrade your sword? -> go to dungeon for mats but don't sell them -> you want to upgrade your sword? -> Need money, so go get other mats and sell them. But then in the dungeons your backpack inventory is so small that you fill it in the first floor and then if you keep going you have to choose what mats to leave to make space for the good mats, but this means memorizing or writing down all the mats that sell low and all the mats you don't need for crafting and ughhhhhhhh it is too much work at that point.

I think if the backpack was unlimited space and you just brought back all the stuff you get in a dungeon run I'd keep going but as is, it's just too much for me right now in a game.

I'll have to check this out.

There's like 3 space station/moon games on Game Pass this year and I can't tell them apart.

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #325 on: June 29, 2020, 09:43:58 PM »
Yeah, I bailed on the ng+ pretty quick. But what I did was just put everything I wanted to make on my wishlist, when you do that it’ll mark mats as needed for something in your wishlist when you find em. Sold everything else, dumped wish list items in chests. You can craft at the blacksmith or the witch lady with items in your chests. I just stuck to one type of armor (iron I think?), spears, and bows for alternate. Once you upgrade, take it off the wishlist and if nothing else needs that item it goes into the sell pile. Like I said, I also used a price guide, so I had a lot of money flowing by the end.

It is basically a clicker game with some dungeon crawling, no shame in bailing

Bebpo

« Reply #326 on: June 29, 2020, 10:08:53 PM »
Ah, I didn't mess with the wishlist feature, but that sounds really helpful. Might give it one more run at some point.

Sho Nuff

« Reply #327 on: June 29, 2020, 11:00:41 PM »
Not understanding how the free play weekends work. Played through Hitman's opening mission and then the Miami level; there was another legacy Hitman 1 level available too. Thought it ended Sunday night but was able to play again on Monday. Weird.

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #328 on: June 29, 2020, 11:27:49 PM »
I think it cuts off at a certain time on Monday and they maybe forgot to turn it off?
Hi

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #329 on: June 29, 2020, 11:46:42 PM »
Ah, I didn't mess with the wishlist feature, but that sounds really helpful. Might give it one more run at some point.

You can even tell if it’s something you need if you can’t tell what it is!

Bebpo

« Reply #330 on: June 29, 2020, 11:51:26 PM »

Yeah, this is cool. The way it's uses effects to create an almost photorealistism is impressive.

On PC for some reason the mouse is buggy in response mode and jumps all over. Controller works fine.

Bebpo

« Reply #331 on: June 30, 2020, 06:54:10 PM »
Cats, so Moonlighter clicked! Cleared the first dungeon.

That wishlist thing really made it workable. Although I learned a few things as it started clicking. Mostly that power + potions >>>>>> armor that just raises max HP because who cares what your max HP is if you're going to be spending potions replenishing. Also money >>>> mats, you can always grind for some mats later. Sell everything and make tons of money and then upgrade enough to beat each dungeon.

Once I got the 2nd sword + shield and upgraded it for 75 DMG + had a ton of potions + had access to the 2,000 gold teleport door it became a pretty good good gameplay loot. Was getting lots of money, and just selling everything and not saving any mats since the only upgrades I needed were in the next dungeon anyhow. Got a bunch of shop/town upgrades.

I tried using the other weapons, but I feel like too many bosses have attacks you basically have to block, so anything other than shield+sword is whatever. Although I guess you could block with shield and quick change to a stronger weapon to attack and then back to shield to block hits but that's a lot of effort. So I'm just focusing on maxing out sword&shield.

Have like 75,000 gold now but don't have the forest dungeon mats to get the 3rd sword yet, so just doing another run through the first dungeon to get all the armor pieces since I got the money and might as well beef up some more before beating dungeon #2.

Once I got going, definitely an addictive loop. I feel like the loop is probably just more of the same from this point on. Doing the same strategy to upgrade and get $$$ and make progression towards beating it. But it's fun enough that I can see myself playing through the rest of the dungeons.

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #332 on: June 30, 2020, 10:14:30 PM »
The charge move with the spear has a ton of invincibility frames, I used it to charge through the attacks you’re probably blocking (and bosses) but yes you’ve hit that sweet satisfying vein I found in this game! For every dungeon I just completed the items I wanted, enchanted the shit out my spear, bought all the upgrades I could, then used the teleport thing on the last level with the intention of slaying the boss the next run. Rinse, repeat. Might hafts finish up the ng+ now :lol

Oh and you carry your money over in a ng+ so stock a bit up if you go for it
« Last Edit: June 30, 2020, 10:24:17 PM by CatsCatsCats »

Bebpo

« Reply #333 on: July 01, 2020, 04:12:35 AM »
The charge move with the spear has a ton of invincibility frames, I used it to charge through the attacks you’re probably blocking (and bosses) but yes you’ve hit that sweet satisfying vein I found in this game! For every dungeon I just completed the items I wanted, enchanted the shit out my spear, bought all the upgrades I could, then used the teleport thing on the last level with the intention of slaying the boss the next run. Rinse, repeat. Might hafts finish up the ng+ now :lol

Oh and you carry your money over in a ng+ so stock a bit up if you go for it

Yeah, played all night and got to the 4th dungeon. I feel like some of the boss stuff is just face tanking. Have enough damage output that you just stand in their face and keep hitting them and using potions and try to kill them before you die. Because I feel like some of their attacks come off as pretty impossible to block/dodge. In fact block is useless for a lot of it so I feel like maybe I should just get the highest damage weapon (big sword I assume) instead of sword & shield I'm using.

Just need the final weapon and final shop upgrade. My armor is lagging because it doesn't seem that important, so need to finish up the lvl.3 armor set from the sand dungeon and then will do the 4th dungeon.

I feel like the only "grind" in the game is for potion materials. If you're out of potions you basically can't do much. Luckily I've been getting a lot of potion materials and only had to do a potion mats run once or twice.

I do feel like the dungeons are all the same though. Like you start off weak and it takes 3-4 hits to kill each enemy and then you upgrade and you kill everything in 2 hits -> new dungeon and takes 3-4 hits and then you upgrade and 2 hits, etc... even the weapon upgrades don't feel as powerful going from like 250 damage to 333 damage per hit when the enemies have 1000+ HP.

Still fun though and will finish up the 4th dungeon and the final dungeon fairly soon. The shop mini-game is fun but pretty simple. Just overprice everything and come down.

Bebpo

« Reply #334 on: July 01, 2020, 06:34:51 AM »
Moonlighter is definitely a grind game for people who like grinding. Spent like 2 hours grinding just to get the big sword up to 2nd to last upgrade to see if it was giving me better dps than my sword&shield. It's a little better but that money would've been better spent. Have the mats from the tech dungeon for the final sword but need 512,000. Gonna take a little bit to get that.

Tech dungeon is the first dungeon giving me a bit of trouble. All the electric attacks everywhere are messing me up doing a lot of damage on me. Need a no damage from electricity ring...

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #335 on: July 01, 2020, 10:41:24 AM »
Just a reminder that GamePass is here to stay (for now, maybe) and you should buy an Xbox

fat

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #336 on: July 01, 2020, 02:25:25 PM »
There was an inactive Crusader Kings III tile on PC for lunch.

Bebpo

« Reply #337 on: July 01, 2020, 05:56:38 PM »
Cats, so I beat Moonlighter and generally liked it, but the balance seemed kind of fucked. I maxed out the sword & shield thinking it would help me with all the bullshit electrical damage in the tech dungeon, but...it didn't. And the weak spear I picked up was 10x more useful because most of these enemies are better hitting them and keeping them away from you. Plus the spear is quick unlike the big sword.

So I ended up grinding some damn more and maxed out the spear and then it got so much easier and I cleared the tech dungeon (and the bosses in the game tend to be way easier than some of the mob rooms) and the final boss fight wasn't bad especially with potions for the 2nd half.

Overall was fun, but pretty repetitive and tech dungeon was kinda bullshit and spear >>>> everything. I didn't pay any attention to the story and the ending was kinda neat and liked it.

Also I liked the shop selling/upgrading stuff. Maybe more than the dungeon stuff haha.

Looked up the DLC but it sounds pretty eh, grind heavy and a lot of negative reviews so not gonna bother.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #338 on: July 02, 2020, 08:46:47 AM »
The 'special edition' they have is pretty old. Contains:

All main Killer and Survivors together with main Maps
• Killer: The Hag
• Killer: The Doctor
• Survivor: Ace
• Survivor: Feng
• Killer Outfits
• Survivor Outfits
• Map: Léry’s Memorial Institute
• Map: Backwater Swamp

...but none ofthe movie DLC.

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #339 on: July 06, 2020, 03:37:54 AM »
Man Slay the Spire is so addicting. What a brilliantly designed game. Have had winning runs with the first 3 chars, so now its time to battle for the actual ending and stuff. Theres hundreds of hours of gameplay here

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #340 on: July 06, 2020, 10:00:24 AM »
It really is, I wasn't sure I would like it before trying on gamepass, and it convinced me to get a copy on switch.  :lol

There is an ios port as well, I will likely grab on sale eventually although seems like it may be too small.

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #341 on: July 06, 2020, 10:21:00 AM »
That’s happened to me a few times, like a game on gamepass, buy it on switch lol

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #342 on: July 11, 2020, 09:45:37 PM »
CrossCode looks quite cool. Does anyone care that Fallout 76 is now on this? Haha

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #343 on: July 13, 2020, 03:19:42 AM »
I booted up fallout 76, but holy its the same old borinh Bethesda shiy.

Wargroove is alright.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
fat

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #345 on: July 13, 2020, 11:44:03 AM »
:leon

(ice)

BisMarckie

« Reply #346 on: July 13, 2020, 12:01:25 PM »
No physical release tho  :maf

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #347 on: July 13, 2020, 05:44:39 PM »

Sho Nuff

« Reply #348 on: July 14, 2020, 06:10:10 AM »
Me and my coop boyz are gonna brave Fallout 76 knowing it's probably doodoo but better than Remnant LOL

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #349 on: July 14, 2020, 10:45:24 AM »
Me and my coop boyz are gonna brave Fallout 76 knowing it's probably doodoo but better than Remnant LOL

What

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #350 on: July 14, 2020, 01:53:12 PM »
Tried fallout 76 for half an hour, what a fucking vile game in every sense :doge

First thing your greeted with is a big old advert for micro transactions  :whew

It’s ugly as sin (some nice lighting effects aside) and feels like shit to control ala every Bethesda developed game ever :killme
(ice)

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #351 on: July 14, 2020, 01:55:27 PM »
Even though I was actually interested in the Wastelanders update I dont think Ill install this
What

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #352 on: July 14, 2020, 01:59:27 PM »
The 3 npc faces I’ve seen so far would be on par with the worst face models in oblivion, maybe worse :biden
(ice)

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #353 on: July 14, 2020, 09:28:58 PM »
More like CrossChode.
Please elaborate

The chode is an elusive, mythical specimen of male genitalia traditionally defined as a penis that is wider than it is long.

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #354 on: July 14, 2020, 09:30:09 PM »
Tried fallout 76 for half an hour, what a fucking vile game in every sense :doge

First thing your greeted with is a big old advert for micro transactions  :whew

It’s ugly as sin (some nice lighting effects aside) and feels like shit to control ala every Bethesda developed game ever :killme

Imagine being one of the Fallout fanperson schmucks that paid full price for it

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #355 on: July 15, 2020, 11:22:15 AM »
Are you secretly talking about yourself Sceneman
What

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #356 on: July 28, 2020, 09:12:48 PM »
Grounded is neat, but outside of the Honey I Shrunk the Kids-esque setting I dunno if there's really much of a hook here to make me wanna play long-term.
dog

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #357 on: July 28, 2020, 11:16:46 PM »
Its not even a finished game. "Open Access" bleh
fat

Sho Nuff

« Reply #358 on: July 29, 2020, 11:58:06 AM »