Author Topic: Diablo 4 OT of coming Not Even Blizzard Soon™  (Read 19980 times)

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
Diablo 4 OT of coming Not Even Blizzard Soon™
« on: October 20, 2019, 01:02:51 PM »
THREAD BROUGHT TO YOU BY FASCIST CHINESE GOVT

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/10/19/from-the-rumor-mill-blizzcon-will-have-a-few-major-diablo-reveals/

A number of outlets picked up on this Twitter post from Metro, a Twitch streamer who plays Overwatch, who made this post claiming that not only would Diablo 4 officially be announced but that Diablo 2 would be getting remastered. He’s been getting scrutiny online about where he got his info from, but after checking out his Twitter posts and a bit of his livestream today, we get the impression he doesn’t care if you believe him or not.

Same dude had the Ashe Overwatch leak that turned out to be right so who knows

How many thousands of hours will I put into D4, over/under is set at 2.4k hours. Will it be more like D2? Will it really be some sort of shitty Souls/lootfest hybrid? Is D2 remastered gonna happen, and if so across how many platforms? How many times will you buy it? Plz send Blizz your money so they can continue to curry favor with China, thx.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2019, 03:23:34 PM by Human Snorenado »
yar

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
Re: Diablo 4 Official Thread of Possible Blizzcon Announcement
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2019, 01:10:03 PM »
Diablo 2 remaster is the only thing Blizzard can do to get my money. :doge

And let it be modded so I can do Meridian XL in HD.

nudemacusers

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2019, 01:21:37 PM »
I don’t really have it in me, due to my current job/family obligations, to play a new Diablo or a remastered diablo 2.

To be clear, I will still play it, I’ll, just start failing at other aspects of my life.
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2019, 02:17:50 PM »
Sigh. I'll be there if loot and the skill system/progression are good. :goty2

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2019, 02:20:15 PM »
Apparently the artbook leaked or something
🤴

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2019, 02:25:34 PM »
If it’s on switch it’s an instabuy for me, site unseen

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2019, 02:41:48 PM »
I read a new leak that said Diablo 4 has you playing as a heroic comrade from a beloved people's republic, fighting against the tyrannical capitalist Diablo.
ど助平

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2019, 02:49:11 PM »
When you start #diablo4 you have to accept the terms and conditions of the communist manifesto
🤴

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2019, 02:52:54 PM »
Your gonna get Overwatch 2, a part pve battle royale with battlepasses/seasons and you're gonna like it.

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2019, 03:05:01 PM »
 :noooo

Chooky

« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2019, 03:52:50 PM »
here for the inevitable meltdowns when idiots are for some reason shocked that the game will have various pay aspects

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2019, 03:56:34 PM »
Souls is Souls, Diablo should stay away it has it's own flavour.

I just wish it was more dark & gritty & machoor which can be done easily by not using shitty Fisher Price colour palette and WoW 3D Modelling tool.

tbh I never understood the "zomg D3 is outdoors in the daytime, burn it with fire" dumbness.

The WoW criticism is entirely valid, I swear my fucking kingdom for some non-absurd shoulder pauldrons.
yar

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2019, 10:00:30 AM »
tbh I never understood the "zomg D3 is outdoors in the daytime, burn it with fire" dumbness.

I also did not understand it and laughed at it while running 500 bounties for the Plat.

Then I played Path of Exile and saw how D3 graphics could and should be done.

NO excuses for D4 now.

...muddy and over textured???
yar

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2019, 10:27:35 AM »
...muddy and over textured???
The effects are now so gaudy you can't even see the textures. :goty2

nudemacusers

« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2019, 11:04:50 AM »
I had no issue with diablo 3’s art, never played WOW so I didn’t have that as a reference point... I will say the writing is an absolute step down, but I don’t care much since it fills my ADD clicking needs.
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2019, 12:40:50 PM »
To be fair: I really like PoE a whole lot. There's just so many fucking layers to the game now that I'm not interested in picking it up again, to do so in any serious way is a major timesink.
yar

Tuckers Law

« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2019, 02:06:18 PM »
Yeah the D3 art was fine.  Vanilla D3 did clash a bit against the aesthetic set by the previous Diablos, but it was still good enough and, more importantly, “readable” so that you didn’t often end up with the visual where’s Waldo that happens so often in PoE.

However, the story writing of D3 is fucking trash with its only reprieve being middling to decent writing for the incidental characters.  The main arc would be poor for an episode of power rangers.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2019, 02:17:16 PM by Tuckers Law »

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.
___

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2019, 12:16:14 AM »
Hope D4 will be more like D1 gameplay and graphics wise (scary, dark, not all about endgrind, meaningful sp difficulty)

Im not holding my breath though.

Chooky

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2019, 08:42:41 AM »
Hope D4 will be more like D1 gameplay and graphics wise (scary, dark, not all about endgrind, meaningful sp difficulty)

:neogaf
dog

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2019, 10:23:21 AM »
 ::)

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2019, 10:58:19 AM »
D4 should take place in 100 Acre Wood...
^_^

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2019, 11:35:54 AM »
Will it really be some sort of shitty Souls/lootfest hybrid?

Fortunately we have a product for you, it's called NiOh.

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2019, 12:57:43 PM »
Super light souls combat paired with loot would be cool.

naff

• someday you feed on a tree frog
« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2019, 06:03:31 PM »
i loved the arcadey pick up and play grind of D3 in it's ultimate form. a perfect rpg for me these days.
◕‿◕

naff

« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2019, 06:05:13 PM »
whatever D4 is, i will be interested. i think they really nailed what they were going for with D3 despite some initial teething problems.
◕‿◕

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2019, 02:09:50 AM »
I can't remember if Rifts got introduced with RoS or came in a later patch, but basically the two biggest things to happen to the game were RoS/loot 2.0 and Rifts/seasons, which I think was the same patch.

The people who are whining about it being all endgame are, of course, Kosma. Go play something else if you want a story. This type of game exists only so you can grind eternally for incremental upgrades. The best way to do that is a short level in the endgame with variable tilesets and shit tons of monsters and a boss. Fucking all of them have done it- PoE, Grim Dawn, and D3. If D4 wants to be truly awesome they'll have an endgame either on launch day or within the first 6 months. Give everyone time to exhaust all the regular content, start ladders/seasons with rifts or whatever, boom. Easy peasy.
yar

Tuckers Law

« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2019, 03:43:34 AM »
If diablo 4 wants to be baller as fuck they’ll bring back d2 style pvp, or a facsimile thereof.  I’d also prefer a return to the crazy-as-shit D2 style skill trees/synergies class design, if I can’t waste 20 points into Teeth then the game is garbage.

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2019, 03:47:34 AM »
Lol of course as usual you are claiming to be some authority of what Diablo is supposed to be about, just because D3 was like this.

I want some skill and tension introduced back to the series, something I know you are allergic too. Maybe U can go play something else.

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #30 on: October 23, 2019, 10:38:13 AM »
Ignore modern game development and stan for 20+ year old games, brehs
yar

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #31 on: October 23, 2019, 01:48:43 PM »
Modern games can pose a challenge.

You dont even know what you are talking about.

You just want to mindlessly run around and get rewards like a rat in a skinner box.

When is the last time you actually played a game that involved skill?

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #32 on: October 23, 2019, 02:49:53 PM »
*crickets*

/Remindmein5years

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #33 on: October 23, 2019, 03:43:21 PM »
souls combat

skill

:idont

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #34 on: October 23, 2019, 04:12:59 PM »
:umad

yar

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #35 on: October 23, 2019, 04:19:35 PM »
U cant even post one normal game what a chump  :lol

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #36 on: October 23, 2019, 04:22:44 PM »
Why do I even reply to someone who clearly plays on the level of my 4 year old   :lol

Just stick to the non gaming side mate

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #37 on: October 23, 2019, 04:24:07 PM »
So hilarious you cant come up with any game  :lol

Cryo

« Reply #38 on: October 23, 2019, 04:25:42 PM »
as someone who still plays and works on private servers for diablo 2, the game has never been about skill and is arguably one of the forefathers of modern loot grinding.

That being said I personally enjoy walking through the game more than endgame grinding but I’m well aware of what my playerbase actually enjoys

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #39 on: October 23, 2019, 04:28:37 PM »
D2  :-X

D1  :-*

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #40 on: October 23, 2019, 04:38:08 PM »
In a sudden turn of events, the Diablo franchise will continue on as Jesus. In Jesus, your character is a demon that traverses through the gates of heaven to rid the earth of all that is good. If you are good enough to beat Jesus, rest easy. He won't be coming back in 3 days.
©ZH

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #41 on: October 23, 2019, 04:55:45 PM »
« Last Edit: October 23, 2019, 05:00:16 PM by ToxicAdam »

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #42 on: October 23, 2019, 05:07:01 PM »
I mean, I could further derail the thread the way you do by pointing out that I play (and am very good at) a fuck ton of limited mtg, which is arguably more skill intensive than everything you've played in the last 5 years combined and requires not just the use of strategy but adaptive tactics in order to be successful.

Orrrrrrrr you can not be such a fucking meathead and accept that different people have different priorities when it comes to gaming and some childish, dick measuring concept of ONLY REAL GAMES R CHALLENGING GAMEZ is archaic. Yes, I would prefer some level of challenge to my games. No, I don't feel like I need to validate what I like through the lens of some meathead on the internet.

You seem to want the series to be a narrative, challenging dungeon crawler. That's not the development arc the genre is moving towards, but fortunately there are plenty of games like that. I suggest you play them and post about them, and fuck off in the meantime. Have a nice day, you dolphin tattoo having shitburger.
yar

naff

« Reply #43 on: October 23, 2019, 05:13:03 PM »
I want some skill and tension introduced back to the series, something I know you are allergic too. Maybe U can go play something else.

believe it's more you have no idea what you're talking about. you stop steam-rolling rifts pretty quickly as you push, then it becomes predominantly skill based with lashings of luck based on the rift you roll. d3 is about efficiency in the early game, with skill and experience being a huge part of the meat. you probably spend 5-10% of your time any given season on the early game if that.
◕‿◕

Tuckers Law

« Reply #44 on: October 23, 2019, 05:27:06 PM »
I legitimately think Diablo Mobile could be good, or even great, and never took issue with the game existing.  My beef was always with how long Blizzard spent being uncommunicative about Diablo updates/expansions/news/etc. up to the solitary announcement of Immortal, which only amplified the growing sense in the community of the franchise being the outcast or stepchild of Blizzard games.  Diablo fans are certainly obnoxious, but Blizz really should’ve read the room better after having experienced the loud reaction towards their slimy inclusion of the RMT auction house in Diablo 3’s design.  Of course the fan base was going to react like that when presented what appeared to be another instance of Blizzard trying to monetize the shit out of Diablo.

Speaking of beefs: what’s Lager’s beef with riotous Snorenado?

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #45 on: October 23, 2019, 06:37:47 PM »
I DON'T GAME RITE
yar

Chooky

« Reply #46 on: October 23, 2019, 07:30:08 PM »
I think there is about a 110% chance that D4 will have rmt, micro transactions, whatever built in from the get go. I'm sure it'll all be aesthetic tho.

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #47 on: October 23, 2019, 07:59:55 PM »
I have no issue if it's just aesthetic, and in fact if they want to monetize the shit out of the game that way that PoE does, go for it.
yar

Tuckers Law

« Reply #48 on: October 23, 2019, 09:26:15 PM »
F2P games, sure, go ahead and monetize all your cosmetics and expansions and XP boosts, you gotta make money to pay for building the game and keeping it alive.  The worst that happens is I don’t enjoy the game and move on with my life without feeling ripped off.

It’s this whole wanting-our-cake-and-eating-it-too mentality that Blizz and other big pubs have really embraced that rubs me wrong and completely turns me away.  Your MSRP $60+ game is going to guaranteed sell several million copies in its first year and you’re still wanting to make f2p game mechanics like RMT loot boxes a core element of it?  Fuck off

Chooky

« Reply #49 on: October 23, 2019, 10:40:31 PM »
$60 for a game isn't shit, and it's unsustainable if you're gonna have a game that supposed to have new content to keep people talking about it. i'd much rather they kept the point of entry low by relying on suckers with low impulse control than raising the price of new games.

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #50 on: October 24, 2019, 12:13:55 AM »
I mean, I could further derail the thread the way you do by pointing out that I play (and am very good at) a fuck ton of limited mtg, which is arguably more skill intensive than everything you've played in the last 5 years combined and requires not just the use of strategy but adaptive tactics in order to be successful.

Orrrrrrrr you can not be such a fucking meathead and accept that different people have different priorities when it comes to gaming and some childish, dick measuring concept of ONLY REAL GAMES R CHALLENGING GAMEZ is archaic. Yes, I would prefer some level of challenge to my games. No, I don't feel like I need to validate what I like through the lens of some meathead on the internet.

You seem to want the series to be a narrative, challenging dungeon crawler. That's not the development arc the genre is moving towards, but fortunately there are plenty of games like that. I suggest you play them and post about them, and fuck off in the meantime. Have a nice day, you dolphin tattoo having shitburger.

Hahahahhahahahhahahahahaha

Did u just bring up a card game?

U really are a spaz

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #51 on: October 24, 2019, 12:50:35 AM »
The best part besides you being a total spaz is that now you are like "bu bu bu accept people have different opinions" but when i post mine you are like "go play something else"

So not only are you a pussy but also a hypocrite

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #52 on: October 24, 2019, 09:58:03 AM »
You: I WANT TO PLAY X!

Me: Ok, this is really more Y now, and has been for getting moreso for maybe 20ish years, it sounds like what you really want is X and fortunately there are plenty of games like that, go play them and quit shitting up this thread

You: LOL U A SPAZ WITH NO SKILZ

You're a fucking idiot, Kosma. Always have been.
yar

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #53 on: October 24, 2019, 10:27:14 AM »
Two grownass adults, everybody 😂

Human Snorenado

• Icon
yar

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #55 on: October 24, 2019, 11:44:53 AM »
Dibs on being Jimmy

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #56 on: October 24, 2019, 03:48:19 PM »
Looks like there are multiple "coming soon" slots on the schedule. My guesses: D4, Overwatch expansion, ???, and a dumb and ill-fated attempt to make battle.net into an online storefront.

https://www.pcgamer.com/blizzcon-2019-schedule/
yar

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #57 on: October 24, 2019, 03:53:11 PM »
WoW Shadowlands or w/e the next xpac will be announced too, the last patch of the current expansion is coming soon and they already pre-announced all the details on it. Also Battle.net already is an online storefront

bluemax

« Reply #58 on: October 24, 2019, 11:18:45 PM »
So Blizzard brough in Mike Ybarra.
NO

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #59 on: October 27, 2019, 10:25:35 AM »
MOAR SPOILERZ for you wankers that care about lore and shit, I guess

https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/more-diablo-4-information-leaked-via-art-book/