Author Topic: Half Life 3 is here bois  (Read 18261 times)

Bebpo

Re: Half Life 3 is here bois
« Reply #240 on: May 15, 2020, 10:09:17 PM »
Actually, I wonder. I read the problem with index controllers disappearing or floating away is often from a reflection. Well I just realized that my play area is right in front of my 50" plasma TV which turned off is reflective. Dunno what I can do about that. Throw a blanket over the TV when I play I guess?

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #241 on: May 16, 2020, 02:13:57 AM »
I was thinking about them not including some form of NG+ as weird, once you finished the campaign, the game is quite linear, so it doesn't make all that much sense to replay it (if not for the joys of shooting and being in that world, i guess).
I guess they ran out of time, but even something like the arena mod some people created, it should've been something you unlocked at the end of the game.

Bebpo

« Reply #242 on: May 16, 2020, 02:15:42 AM »
Yeah, and harder difficulty levels. Game is great but not much replay value. Mods should fix that in time.

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #243 on: May 16, 2020, 04:14:03 AM »
Yeah, and harder difficulty levels. Game is great but not much replay value. Mods should fix that in time.
There's that "lethality mod" for that i think.
Probably worth a try,

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #244 on: May 16, 2020, 05:31:19 AM »
So l4d3 and source2 again named in recent updates to alyx n stuff
What

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #245 on: May 16, 2020, 10:17:23 AM »
source 2 is old af, so not that surprising. i think there's 4-5 games that use it now?

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #246 on: May 16, 2020, 10:52:15 AM »
i dunno arent there some rumors about a cs go 2 or source 2 using it from Shroud or was that just speculation. I know we've had these source 2 and l4d3 runors for years but still
What

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #247 on: May 16, 2020, 11:00:50 AM »
i saw something about csgo this morning and figured it was related to the alyx workshop stuff but didn't look into it yet. but source 2 already powers dota 2, artifact, alyx, and dota underlords so its been in use for a while.

Bebpo

« Reply #248 on: May 16, 2020, 01:52:16 PM »
Yeah, I was gonna say, Source 2 is already out!

Though I do wonder if the remaining 2 VR games are Left for Dead 3 and something something. I feel like a Portal game would work really well in VR, but I don't know if there's anything more to do with the Portal concept. A co-op multiplayer VR game with VR shooting like Alyx for a Left for Dead 3 could be pretty cool. Not sure how teleport movement would work in MP? It's always seemed kinda a cheap tactic in SP FPS because you can just run instantly and dodge, which is fine in SP but I don't see how that works in MP with people teleporting around.

I think you'd actually have to make it a part of the game world. Like a multiplayer game where everyone can zero shift/control-esque teleport dash and so it doesn't look so out of place and then make some gameplay things to make up for that.

Bebpo

« Reply #249 on: May 16, 2020, 01:55:21 PM »
Also I was thinking about it and Source 2 Tools for VR being open now is a big deal.

Because Valve is giving everyone in the world a fully working VR engine with excellent VR controls, combat controls and environment interaction. This is something that almost every VR game struggles with and I'd imagine the majority of VR development time is trying to get this basic stuff right. With all of it already done and there for modders, they can just focus on non-VR stuff like level designs and combat encounters.

Also hopefully Valve is licensing out Source 2 to other developers. I think all VR developers could use a very competent VR engine that has the basic movement/interaction stuff implemented already. I remember Source 1 was licensed to a few devs.

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #250 on: May 16, 2020, 05:28:41 PM »
Yeah, i bet you we'll get some Alyx mod, in the next year or so, that'll be more fun/interesting than most VR games out, if anything because of how solid their baseline is.
Although VR is still a very small userbase, which means, a much smaller sample of modders, too.