Author Topic: DOJ |OT| SUMMIT NOW SUMMIT NOW  (Read 888765 times)

BisMarckie

Re: DOJ |OT| Mission Impossible 2: Fear Of Being Outed As a Secret Acephobe
« Reply #1260 on: November 19, 2019, 07:06:48 PM »
Quote from: SweetNicole
I can confirm from my end that ResetEra staff reached out to the TransEra community several hours ago, and that the community is eager to have this dialogue with the ResetEra staff and identify the next steps forward everyone can take together.

Thanks to the ResetEra staff and to everyone else who was involved in helping this come to fruition. I'm pleased with the conversations so far, and I'm hopeful there will truly be positive steps that result from all of this.

Positive steps meaning: Do as we say. Or else. :lol

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #1261 on: November 19, 2019, 07:07:19 PM »
Who... Who was the mod? I don't understand. It can't end here :rkelly
每天生气

thetylerrob

« Reply #1262 on: November 19, 2019, 07:08:53 PM »
Gonna be such a bummer if they don’t mod incel or muteki

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #1263 on: November 19, 2019, 07:09:16 PM »

Benji is going to be crushed.

And if it wasn't for tyrant bork, we'd have cream on the inside giving us discord juice
:O

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #1264 on: November 19, 2019, 07:09:19 PM »
imagine being a mod at resetera and willingly trying to babysit these people ready to tear you apart at any point  :neogaf

BisMarckie

« Reply #1265 on: November 19, 2019, 07:09:28 PM »

Was KetKat's ban actually appropriate? Are you going to address the issue with the acephobic staff?

Some want to keep going, but I think our drama binge is over. :tocry

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #1266 on: November 19, 2019, 07:10:18 PM »
This is like when kids have trials in treehouses.

bud sadder

-

:neogaf

about frigging time, try not to mess this up again

:snoop

shosta

« Reply #1267 on: November 19, 2019, 07:12:28 PM »
If I was Royalan I'd be so pissed at sabrina.
每天生气

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #1268 on: November 19, 2019, 07:15:58 PM »
Ah, Cerium decided to take the tip.
serge

BisMarckie

« Reply #1269 on: November 19, 2019, 07:16:41 PM »

A self-proclaimed inclusive and progressive forum that is predominantly white bullied a gay black man into leaving his mod position based on fake news, can't make this shit up

TVC15

« Reply #1270 on: November 19, 2019, 07:18:10 PM »
That was a really wet fart of a the statement. It doesn’t even get caps.

I hope something good happens to lift my spirits. Maybe demii will get smacked by a FedEx truck or something.
serge

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #1271 on: November 19, 2019, 07:19:38 PM »

A self-proclaimed inclusive and progressive forum that is predominantly white bullied a gay black man into leaving his mod position based on fake news, can't make this shit up

Even better, you're allowed to walk over and shit on the mods if you are a protected group. Cereal absolutely won't back you up at all.
If any mods had a backbone and weren't in it to power trip, I don't see why you wouldn't walk away and get that headache out of your life.

shosta

« Reply #1272 on: November 19, 2019, 07:20:23 PM »
Quote from: KetKat
Hey there everyone, I’m here right now and I have a lot of things that I want to say about this whole situation. First of all, I want to thank all of you who sent me kind messages both within these threads and on discord as I really appreciate them! There are so many times where I look at the state of the society that we live in and question the impact that one person can have against the tide of bigotry and mental health stigma that exists, and comments like yours do a lot to alleviate those concerns!

As for the big accusation, there’s a lot to say about this. First and foremost, I want to make it clear that I did not invade Robin (my girlfriend’s) privacy to look through her private discords, messages, or anything else. I am not interested in being the kind of person that can not be trusted in the most basic ways, and it was shocking for me to see staff assume that I would do that so quickly. When I made that initial post talking about moderation and the issues that exist within it, I posted some information that was from a private staff discord. I knew it was from there, and I chose to post it publicly instead of going to them in private or attempting to find a real solution to it. I regret posting it in that manner as I never had any intention of starting any large scale drama about this incident, and I chose to keep the names private for the safety of the moderation team. However, I now see that I didn’t put as much consideration into that as I should have to begin with. There are quite a few places that exist off-site purely to document and harass notable people on this forum, and that includes people on the moderation team as they tend to stand out more. I have dealt with harassment from these people as being a minority or part of a vulnerable group seems to make you a target for them, and this is doubly true for minority staff members. I was hurt and disappointed that people that I consider close friends believed that I was capable of this, but they’re not bad people for thinking this. They’re just scared. And I don’t fault them for that.

The reasons that they provided in that initial thread detailed a history of suspicions that I was looking into their discord as well as that I knew some moderation terminology that was used behind the scenes. In the email that I sent, I referenced a very specific thing that is used however this specific term is one that is an open secret of sorts and I’ve seen it used in quite a few places. Throughout this investigation that occurred, I was never once contacted or informed what any of these suspicions were actually about, so as of this moment, I am still unaware of what they are and unable to comment on them. It’s hard to hear that there’s evidence against you that you aren’t allowed to see, but again keep in mind that at this point they’re still concerned for their privacy and unsure if they can trust me. I don’t blame them for wanting to avoid more of that, especially as they went looking for that conversation and did not feel the same way about it. I was assured by someone on the team who I deeply trust and is LGBT that the claim that this statement and the person who made them were against asexuals was incorrect and a misunderstanding.

And I do want to reiterate here at the end, I left out the names on both of those issues in my post for a reason. I understand the desire for wanting to know who said what in these conversations, but the way that this desire has manifested is worrying. There are mistakes that have been made by the moderation team throughout this whole ordeal as I know all too well. But at the same time, we can not realistically expect the people who moderate this website to feel safe when people are digging through their personal lives looking for anything that can be used.

I regret posting that line the way that I did and I’m sorry for all the headache that this has caused both you as users and the staff throughout this ordeal.
someone read this and give me spark notes
每天生气

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #1273 on: November 19, 2019, 07:21:43 PM »
The simple answer to all this is for them to make their own Discord/forum. They are acting like they are forced to use ResetERA and that it's their only option. It is not like subsets from that community haven't successfully branch off from it before (Slaent). The entire existence of ResetERA was due to them fucking off from shower goblin's place and making a new place for themselves.
The burden should not be on the marginalized to have to provide a forum in which to educate their oppressors.

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #1274 on: November 19, 2019, 07:22:28 PM »
Quote from: KetKat
Hey there everyone, I’m here right now and I have a lot of things that I want to say about this whole situation. First of all, I want to thank all of you who sent me kind messages both within these threads and on discord as I really appreciate them! There are so many times where I look at the state of the society that we live in and question the impact that one person can have against the tide of bigotry and mental health stigma that exists, and comments like yours do a lot to alleviate those concerns!

As for the big accusation, there’s a lot to say about this. First and foremost, I want to make it clear that I did not invade Robin (my girlfriend’s) privacy to look through her private discords, messages, or anything else. I am not interested in being the kind of person that can not be trusted in the most basic ways, and it was shocking for me to see staff assume that I would do that so quickly. When I made that initial post talking about moderation and the issues that exist within it, I posted some information that was from a private staff discord. I knew it was from there, and I chose to post it publicly instead of going to them in private or attempting to find a real solution to it. I regret posting it in that manner as I never had any intention of starting any large scale drama about this incident, and I chose to keep the names private for the safety of the moderation team. However, I now see that I didn’t put as much consideration into that as I should have to begin with. There are quite a few places that exist off-site purely to document and harass notable people on this forum, and that includes people on the moderation team as they tend to stand out more. I have dealt with harassment from these people as being a minority or part of a vulnerable group seems to make you a target for them, and this is doubly true for minority staff members. I was hurt and disappointed that people that I consider close friends believed that I was capable of this, but they’re not bad people for thinking this. They’re just scared. And I don’t fault them for that.

The reasons that they provided in that initial thread detailed a history of suspicions that I was looking into their discord as well as that I knew some moderation terminology that was used behind the scenes. In the email that I sent, I referenced a very specific thing that is used however this specific term is one that is an open secret of sorts and I’ve seen it used in quite a few places. Throughout this investigation that occurred, I was never once contacted or informed what any of these suspicions were actually about, so as of this moment, I am still unaware of what they are and unable to comment on them. It’s hard to hear that there’s evidence against you that you aren’t allowed to see, but again keep in mind that at this point they’re still concerned for their privacy and unsure if they can trust me. I don’t blame them for wanting to avoid more of that, especially as they went looking for that conversation and did not feel the same way about it. I was assured by someone on the team who I deeply trust and is LGBT that the claim that this statement and the person who made them were against asexuals was incorrect and a misunderstanding.

And I do want to reiterate here at the end, I left out the names on both of those issues in my post for a reason. I understand the desire for wanting to know who said what in these conversations, but the way that this desire has manifested is worrying. There are mistakes that have been made by the moderation team throughout this whole ordeal as I know all too well. But at the same time, we can not realistically expect the people who moderate this website to feel safe when people are digging through their personal lives looking for anything that can be used.

I regret posting that line the way that I did and I’m sorry for all the headache that this has caused both you as users and the staff throughout this ordeal.
someone read this and give me spark notes

"On to the next sacrifice"

NinjaDeath

« Reply #1275 on: November 19, 2019, 07:22:59 PM »
Ok....so she didn't spy on her girlfriends discord
But admits to going into a private server
So.....she hacked into it?  Am I reading that right?
If so yeah I don't blame them for banning her.

Averon

« Reply #1276 on: November 19, 2019, 07:24:21 PM »
imagine being a mod at resetera and willingly trying to babysit these people ready to tear you apart at any point  :neogaf

It is all about "What have you done for me lately." Doesn't matter how much of an "ally" you were in the past. You step out of line, and you get the stick. Fuck, wasn't it Royalan that convinced the admins to leans hard on progressiveism and to have zero-tolerance on conservative voices on Reset? You'd think with that and his years of service of being a good ally would give him some credit, but no. When they get into a froth, bringing up nuance and context is just alt-right dogwhistling in their view.

TVC15

« Reply #1277 on: November 19, 2019, 07:24:51 PM »
So does this mean that KetKat is Barabbas and Royalan is Jesus?
serge

shosta

« Reply #1278 on: November 19, 2019, 07:25:45 PM »
If no one is getting burned at the stake I don't even give a crap anymore
每天生气

Coffee Dog

« Reply #1279 on: November 19, 2019, 07:25:45 PM »
Wow, I've been taking Greyhound while on a lot of drugs, and catching up on this was a great way to kill a couple hours. And with a twist ending!

Cerium actually allowed TransEra to start the coup! It's not over!  :lol

BisMarckie

« Reply #1280 on: November 19, 2019, 07:26:52 PM »
So does this mean that KetKat is Barabbas and Royalan is Jesus?

Cerium is Henry IV.
Ketkat is Pope Gregory VII.  :expert

Hermit

« Reply #1281 on: November 19, 2019, 07:26:58 PM »
I was the mod the whole time

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #1282 on: November 19, 2019, 07:27:22 PM »
They are so afraid of their users. LOL

benjipwns

« Reply #1283 on: November 19, 2019, 07:27:54 PM »

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #1284 on: November 19, 2019, 07:28:47 PM »
"I didn't spy, I just accessed information that I wasn't supposed to have access to."

"No, I won't tell you how I accessed it. Nothing to see here."

:nothing :trumps
Spud

shosta

« Reply #1285 on: November 19, 2019, 07:29:25 PM »
I'm glad Ketkat is back, but the staff didn't address any of the numerous suggestions made for reforming the system nor have they acknowledged any wrongdoing.
Scroll to the bottom and click "Contact Us". You're welcome.
每天生气

Coffee Dog

« Reply #1286 on: November 19, 2019, 07:29:48 PM »
If they are honestly just forgetting about the other mod, the userbase has pretty severe reading comprehension issues.

Propagandhim

« Reply #1287 on: November 19, 2019, 07:30:01 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/resetera-moderation-staff-is-fucking-up-beyond-belief-on-lgbt-issues.153951/post-26630038
You got your 5 minutes of attention nowfuck off and let the adults speak
(Image removed from quote.)

Adults that don't feel safe and need to "heal" from forum drama.

Lactose_Intolerant

« Reply #1288 on: November 19, 2019, 07:30:19 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

:preach :delicious

lol, I did find this funny.  I honestly couldn't tell if it was sarcasm at first

BisMarckie

« Reply #1289 on: November 19, 2019, 07:30:41 PM »
If they are honestly just forgetting about the other mod, the userbase has pretty severe reading comprehension issues.

It's still GAF, most people just read the thread title.

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #1290 on: November 19, 2019, 07:31:07 PM »
So who was the asexual-murderer?
Spud

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #1292 on: November 19, 2019, 07:31:51 PM »
no one cares cause the mods distracted their dumb userbase with some bullshit

BisMarckie

« Reply #1293 on: November 19, 2019, 07:33:15 PM »
Quote from: DIZ
Would be great if you looked at how ethnic members are treated as well.
On board to support my Trans fam. Not trying to highjack.

:mike

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #1294 on: November 19, 2019, 07:34:29 PM »
no one cares cause the mods distracted their dumb userbase with some bullshit
So they sacrificed the black, gay dude to protect the acephobic admin?
Spud

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #1295 on: November 19, 2019, 07:35:34 PM »
What a bunch of pussy ass bitches.

Makes perfect sense that Shonda was once one of them.
Margs

shosta

« Reply #1296 on: November 19, 2019, 07:35:41 PM »
Nepenthe pointed out that we need to be careful about hate sites monitoring this site but honestly i feel like the fear that quite a few people here have for those hate sites is influencing how this site handles certain things a little too much. Their seems to be this idea that we can't discuss certain things because those hatesites will take advantage of us in that moment to fan the flames.
nobody anywhere is fanning the flames, you idiots are doing that all by yourself
每天生气

BisMarckie

« Reply #1297 on: November 19, 2019, 07:36:39 PM »
I'm glad KetKat is back, but I'm disappointed the announcement didn't come from Cerium. He was willing to make a post about KetKat's guilt, but not the other way around.

It is telling.

:jeb

Hermit

« Reply #1298 on: November 19, 2019, 07:38:33 PM »
Waiting for the CERIUM RETIRE BITCH posts when nothing else comes from this

Averon

« Reply #1299 on: November 19, 2019, 07:39:25 PM »
Quote from: DIZ
Would be great if you looked at how ethnic members are treated as well.
On board to support my Trans fam. Not trying to highjack.

:mike

The TBC guys sees what's happening and want a piece  :money

BisMarckie

« Reply #1300 on: November 19, 2019, 07:40:15 PM »
So, let me go through and answer the questions I posed earlier last night regarding this issue and see if we've progressed.

--

Are the allegations made by the banned user true?

"I was assured by someone on the team who I deeply trust and is LGBT that the claim that this statement and the person who made them were against asexuals was incorrect and a misunderstanding."

If the allegations are true, what is being done to correct / educate this moderator's behavior and view?

See above

What specific site rules exist that allow such a ban to occur, given that the incident (the breach of privacy on a Staff discord) occurred off-site, and was simply mentioned in passing in a post?

Given reason post unban is that user violated a staff safe space.

Why was the ban permanent rather than shorter?

User unbanned.

Does this breach of privacy warrant such a strong punishment?

Not answered, but clearly reversed due to public outcry.

How was the investigation conducted?

This is unknown. Per Robin, 30 minutes elapsed from the original post being published to the user being banned. Ket then states "throughout this investigation that occurred, I was never once contacted or informed what any of these suspicions were actually about, so as of this moment, I am still unaware of what they are and unable to comment on them."

The investigation does not seem to have involved Ket up until very recently.

What information was provided that proved misconduct and malicious intent on part of the banned user?

Also unknown. Moderation as alluded to certain terminology being used as evidence, but that doesn't seem to suffice.

NEXT STEPS:

"We're taking this moment to listen, and we have reached out to the TransEra community to open direct dialogue about how we can all move forward and heal together. "

OMG I love Hobbes so fucking much :sabu

Hermit

« Reply #1301 on: November 19, 2019, 07:40:48 PM »
holy shit this fucking dude

benjipwns

« Reply #1302 on: November 19, 2019, 07:41:16 PM »
Robin.

Think about it.

Tuckers Law

« Reply #1303 on: November 19, 2019, 07:41:17 PM »
Nepenthe pointed out that we need to be careful about hate sites monitoring this site but honestly i feel like the fear that quite a few people here have for those hate sites is influencing how this site handles certain things a little too much. Their seems to be this idea that we can't discuss certain things because those hatesites will take advantage of us in that moment to fan the flames.
nobody anywhere is fanning the flames, you idiots are doing that all by yourself

They’re not wrong about ResetEra being monitored by a hate site, if not really the same hate site they’re thinking

BisMarckie

« Reply #1304 on: November 19, 2019, 07:41:50 PM »
Yeah, I am not convinced of the moderation's understanding and willingness to fix what got us here in the first place.

:punch

Averon

« Reply #1305 on: November 19, 2019, 07:42:09 PM »
Hobbes is leveraging the chaos to quickly gain protected member status. I can respect that hustle.

Hermit

« Reply #1306 on: November 19, 2019, 07:42:40 PM »
He's going to put this on his resume

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #1307 on: November 19, 2019, 07:42:40 PM »
So the root of this is people not being permabanned fast enough for thinking that women have the right to refuse to touch a dick? (you-know-who thread)
Or merely being banned a month for suggesting there is a biological difference in athletics between men and women. (the other thread or two floating about)

Or is there something else lighting the keg here?

There was also that transphobic comic posted by adult swim that turned out to be not transphobic at all.

Rman

« Reply #1308 on: November 19, 2019, 07:45:25 PM »
Cerium has a good racket going.  No one ever questions him with these blowups.  It's all on the volunteer staff who take the brunt.

I can't believe people don't realize this.

Why would anyone want to mod there?

BisMarckie

« Reply #1309 on: November 19, 2019, 07:45:54 PM »
Quote from: SweetNicole
There will be a dialogue in the coming days with TransEra and ResetEra staff for both sides to discuss what has been going on. This issue existed in the first place because of gaps between these two groups, and hopefully by them coming together to have a conversation with each other will result in a resolution and path forward that both groups can agree with and find acceptable.

I don't know when that will happen yet because everyone needs to take a moment to breathe, relax, and cool down, but hopefully be a productive conversation that helps makes things better for everyone involved, both community and staff alike.

Either way, it might be a while before you hear an update, so the most important thing for now is just have some patience, relax, and let things run their course.

#trusttheprogress :jeb

TVC15

« Reply #1310 on: November 19, 2019, 07:46:32 PM »
Hobbes is leveraging the chaos to quickly gain protected member status. I can respect that hustle.

I see what he’s doing and I just imagine the possibilities if I could’ve recruited a few volunteers here. It was a time when names could have easily been made.
serge

shosta

« Reply #1311 on: November 19, 2019, 07:46:32 PM »
Man, Royalan got done dirty by this whole thing :lol

Showed his face for like five seconds, Sabrina comes out nowhere with a CROPPED AND MISLEADING QUOTE... BECAUSE SHE WAS IN A BAD MOOD! :lol

KetKat finally gets unbanned, everyone rejoices and somehow forgets about the safe space for moderator bigotry and the original acephobe... and Royalan is still left out in the cold :lol

And all this somehow took 24 hours.
每天生气

benjipwns

« Reply #1312 on: November 19, 2019, 07:48:05 PM »
Volimar also resigned:
Hey everyone I just wanted to make a post to explain why I'm no longer a moderator because with the current state of things I worry there may be confusion. I realize some may read this and think I'm trying to make an appeal to emotion, but I can only hope that people who know me also know that I have tried my best to always be supportive and constructive in trans issues threads and will know that my intentions are true.

I'm physically disabled and I have been diagnosed with depression and two anxiety disorders. None of this is new information. I've spoken about it in other threads and even shared what medications I take because I think it's important to de-stigmatize mental health issues. As you can imagine, those issues have caused me a lot of trouble the past few days as I'm sure they have with those of you who similarly suffer. For me, they peaked last night as I turned off my computer and started getting ready for bed. I had an attack. Thankfully, I've had them frequently enough to know how to ride them out and calm myself after. But this morning I woke up feeling physically awful. Those of you who have also had attacks may be familiar with that feeling you get after or sometimes the next day, where your body just feels incredibly hungover, thrown in a mixer, and then poured over a pile of garbage.

It was a wake up call, and one that's been coming for a while. I want to emphasize that I don't blame the current events for what happened, since if it hadn't happened now, it could have just as easily have happened the next time some game developer or celebrity did something terrible and we had a blowup thread over it. Anxiety by its very nature is unpredictable. It's made me realize that I need to take care of myself. If you get nothing else from this post, please take away the importance of taking care of yourself. I haven't read what's happened since I went to bed and in my current state I don't plan to, but I know there's a lot of people dealing with a lot of stress right now. Prioritize self care.

If anyone has questions or comments or replies or whatever, please PM me rather than quoting my post as I don't want to derail from people's concerns (but be aware that I plan on trying to get myself to a better head space before replying so it may be a while before you get a reply). I'm not trying to make things about me. I simply wanted to make sure there was a reference post for people to link members who might have questions about my resignation and whether it was related to what's going on right now. Thanks in advance for pointing them in the right direction.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #1313 on: November 19, 2019, 07:52:12 PM »
who?

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX
« Reply #1314 on: November 19, 2019, 07:53:52 PM »
I just came across the word "folx" can someone tell me what the deal is with this? What is triggering about "folks" that they have to spell it with an X instead?

Also, what does the folx say?

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #1315 on: November 19, 2019, 07:55:41 PM »
I just came across the word "folx" can someone tell me what the deal is with this? What is triggering about "folks" that they have to spell it with an X instead?

Also, what does the folx say?

Let me post the explanation I've read on RE:

fuuuuuuuuuuck oooooooooff

Hope that clears things up

Tuckers Law

« Reply #1316 on: November 19, 2019, 07:55:57 PM »
I’m really looking forward to the next time KetKat and the alphabet mafia doesn’t get their way.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #1317 on: November 19, 2019, 07:56:21 PM »
Why would anyone want to mod there?

Ask Hobbes
©@©™

Coffee Dog

« Reply #1318 on: November 19, 2019, 07:57:17 PM »
Man, Royalan got done dirty by this whole thing :lol

Showed his face for like five seconds, Sabrina comes out nowhere with a CROPPED AND MISLEADING QUOTE... BECAUSE SHE WAS IN A BAD MOOD! :lol

KetKat finally gets unbanned, everyone rejoices and somehow forgets about the safe space for moderator bigotry and the original acephobe... and Royalan is still left out in the cold :lol

And all this somehow took 24 hours.

I would almost feel bad for Royalan if Sabrina's execution wasn't so flawless. Just an immediate Fatality :lol

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #1319 on: November 19, 2019, 07:57:19 PM »
What does "time served" mean in the context of a permaban?
I think this is like when that guy died for a minute and tried to claim he had served his life sentence.

Never forget excel five minutes of annihilation served. :brazilcry
ὕβρις