Author Topic: Resident Evil 3 Remake - Jill will return to your screens to tell his story.  (Read 26240 times)

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
Think about it - you need 80 mag kills to finish that off. That's 8 runs of the warehouse at most. And you get ~16000 points for your trouble.
fat

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
Just speedrun on Assisted and farm kills. Weaker enemies even for HC/AR
fat

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
Apparently Capcom is doing a survey in regards to how you feel about the remake (and possible future ones), there's a badly Google Translated English version. Make your voice heard?

https://www.asia.capcom.com/qa/re3-sns/

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
Apparently Capcom is doing a survey in regards to how you feel about the remake (and possible future ones), there's a badly Google Translated English version. Make your voice heard?

https://www.asia.capcom.com/qa/re3-sns/

female

Please select all video game consoles you currently own and actually use to play games.

*selects Xbox version*

What are the main reasons you decided to purchase the game? Please select all applicable responses below. Required
   The price was affordable
   I was looking for a game to play on PS4

lmao

It's like they made this to trigger ResetEra.  :lol

;)
🤴

thisismyusername

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
Blonde Leather Suit Jill in Resident Evil 5 was so wrong, yet so right.  :lawd

I did my part in making sure Ada will have nice outfits in Resident Evil 4: Remake
🤴

Tasty

If they remake RE5 they should definitely ditch that blonde super saiyan bullshit.

thisismyusername

Baseball Cap Jill > your faves.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
Jill Valentine's pussy > Carlos's pussy

fat

thisismyusername

You think Jill's pussy beats Alyx's?

https://twitter.com/hdoomguy/status/951728397511741440

FULLY MODELED.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Granted this isn't Valve made. :doge
[close]

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
At least REE can't complain about it being unrealistic. :trumps
©@©™

Bebpo

So I got burnt out on this before even grinding much after 2 runs. The problem is I realized even if I spend an hour or two and get my infinite AS, what is the satisfaction of nightmare mode going to be with an infinite AS? The whole satisfaction of higher difficulties on replays are tougher, more challenging experiences but your skills and knowledge of the enemies/level layout/bosses is much higher and so it continues to be challenging but fun. But with infinite ammo weapons outside a couple boss fights, isn't it just going to be brain dead stay at a distance shoot everything to death? Just don't see the fun or point.

I get you can do the higher difficulties without the infinite ammo weapons for the challenge, but it's sorta like if you have the infinite ammo weapon...boy that sure makes life easier...tempting to use it.

I think I'll try the multiplayer mode for 20 mins and then call it a day with this. Good game, but yeah, pretty short on content.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
If they remake RE5 they should definitely ditch that blonde super saiyan bullshit.
Resident Evil 5 was awesome and underrated.

Chris punching rocks, Wesker pulling a Neo, Blonde Jill.
Indiana Jones vulcano's, that shit was bananas
🤴

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator

just 2020 things
©@©™

thisismyusername

So I got burnt out on this before even grinding much after 2 runs. The problem is I realized even if I spend an hour or two and get my infinite AS, what is the satisfaction of nightmare mode going to be with an infinite AS? The whole satisfaction of higher difficulties on replays are tougher, more challenging experiences but your skills and knowledge of the enemies/level layout/bosses is much higher and so it continues to be challenging but fun. But with infinite ammo weapons outside a couple boss fights, isn't it just going to be brain dead stay at a distance shoot everything to death? Just don't see the fun or point.

I get you can do the higher difficulties without the infinite ammo weapons for the challenge, but it's sorta like if you have the infinite ammo weapon...boy that sure makes life easier...tempting to use it.

I think I'll try the multiplayer mode for 20 mins and then call it a day with this. Good game, but yeah, pretty short on content.

Wuss. They literally change up the entire areas in Nightmare and Inferno.

Bebpo

Yeah, I find that interesting, just not interesting enough to play it another run.

Resident Evil 5 was awesome and underrated.

Chris punching rocks, Wesker pulling a Neo, Blonde Jill.
Indiana Jones vulcano's, that shit was bananas

RE5 wasn't my jam (didn't have a co-op partner and solo AI co-op makes it considerably worse) but it was fine as an action merc mode game. I mean I'd probably rather replay that than RE3R if I had to choose.

Idk, I should probably install RE6 one of these days and try it even though I won't like it.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
I wouldnt play this game either, its doodoo

Go play the original so you can remind yourself of what could have been
fat

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
RE6 has its moments, but they're buried deep in a campaign that is way, wayyy the fuck too long
pcp

Nintex

• Finish the Fight

RE4 was better sure, but I never got the hate for RE5. Sometimes it feels like the entire game was some sort of bizarre Resident Evil fan mod.  :rejoice
It looked insanely good for an Xbox 360 game as well.
🤴

Tasty

Shut the fuck up, Nintex.

Bebpo

It definitely was fun trashy camp. I'll always be pro punching a boulder qte.

My main issues with RE5 were the bits that were frustrating because the AI partner, some questionable level design compared to RE4 and that overblown bloom orange lighting of the whole thing. I felt like the village area from the demo was the best level designed area the whole game.

kingv

RE6 has its moments, but they're buried deep in a campaign that is way, wayyy the fuck too long

The Leon campaign in particular was pretty legit.

The one with the new dude, like... weskers kid or something? That seemed super low effort.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator

The Leon campaign in particular was pretty legit.

The one with the new dude, like... weskers kid or something? That seemed super low effort.

IMO:

Leon/Helena = Good
Ada = Also good
Chris/Pierce = Mediocre
Jake/Sherry = Crap

The Leon/Helena/Ada stories should have been the whole game.  Bebpo, I'd at least check out RE6 for a bit if you already own it. 

It definitely was fun trashy camp. I'll always be pro punching a boulder qte.

My main issues with RE5 were the bits that were frustrating because the AI partner, some questionable level design compared to RE4 and that overblown bloom orange lighting of the whole thing. I felt like the village area from the demo was the best level designed area the whole game.

I don't recall having much trouble with the CPU partner.  Played it both with human and AI partners.  IIRC I think I ended up just giving the CPU a sniper rifle and keeping the rest of the guns for myself.  Seemed fine that way.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2020, 10:48:07 PM by bork »
ど助平

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
(Image removed from quote.)

The contrast between those two cracks me up.

"FUCK YOU 500 tons boulder"

"OH NO. SUNGLASSES"

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John

RE4 was better sure, but I never got the hate for RE5. Sometimes it feels like the entire game was some sort of bizarre Resident Evil fan mod.  :rejoice
It looked insanely good for an Xbox 360 game as well.
RE5 is alright, i replayed it recently in coop, and it was kind of fun.
However it skews a lot into the action side of things, without updating the control scheme sufficiently, and suffers from it.
Also the final part with the enemies with guns and cover system is so shit, and there's not a single "scary part" (even RE4 had some).

Rahxephon91

I mean I've had fun with Resident Evil 5 in both co-op and single player, simply because I like over the shoulder shooters. It also looks good and has really good cutscenes.

But it's kind of a mediocre game. Like there's nothing really to the level design. In terms of character, atmosphere, and general layout. All pretty forgettable.  I don't remember the enemies at all, let a lone the boss battles so no real exciting moments. The AI is dumb and can feel at times like your babysitting it. It's even worse when you have the boss encounters that rely on your partner do do something. On top of that they do little that's interesting with co-op beyond co-op doors and somebody holds the light.

All in all it's a rather ok game. Fun enough to play, but not really anything amazing as a follow-up to 4.

Remake 2 and 3 though are pretty amazing and up my alley. Honestly, if they must remake a game. Make it 0 and make it co-op. I don't know why they have dropped co-op.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
All I remember from RE6 is that the PC version crashed on the fighter jet level  :fbm
🤴

Tasty

Is there a fan-mod for RE6 that's just Leon+Ada?

VomKriege

• Do the moron

The contrast between those two cracks me up.

"FUCK YOU 500 tons boulder"

"OH NO. SUNGLASSES"

Wesker's germs tho.
ὕβρις

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
RE5 was fine, mostly suffers from the fact that it had to follow RE4, people weren't ready for a John Waters RE, and ZOMG THEY MAEK ME PLAY A BLACK WOMAN (the Nintex option)
yar

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
Played RE 3 a bit. It's a more action packed and tense Resident Evil 2 just as I expected  :rejoice
🤴

thisismyusername

https://imgur.com/gallery/yJdxQRT

Map Comparison of the original Raccoon City/scenario with the DeRemake's:

"remake in blue with red areas for when you're being chased. original in green."

They didn't shade the RPD (the big building in the middle) due to Carlos, I guess? Kendo moves from the bottom left near the Y junction (but the stairs since you go over the van for his store) to behind the R.P.D. in the remake universe.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator

You can already select which stories you want to play on the main menu, so the other two could be ignored if you wanted.
ど助平

paprikastaude

Wasn't Ada an unlockable campaign? Either way, lol fuck RE6.

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
it was, but they unlocked it as part of its big post-release patch
pcp

Bebpo

You can already select which stories you want to play on the main menu, so the other two could be ignored if you wanted.

I never knew this. So I can just play the fun ones and bail?

I think I'll give it a run after I finish a few better games.

thisismyusername

I never knew this. So I can just play the fun ones and bail?

Chapter orders, and opinions
There are no fun ones.

Leon 1, 2, 3, (skip ahead)
Chris' China chapters (3-5, IIRC) [but Chris' campaign is an entire shitshow]
Jake chapter 3 (only this one, the rest is trash though fans of 6 seem to like his chapters for whatever reason)
Ada chapters 1-4 (skip ahead or play alongside Leon 5)
Leon 4, 5 (story end)
Ada 5 (story end/alternative view)

Really only the urban environment and lab section(s) are worthwhile. This means Twin Oaks US and the China chapters
[close]

I say this every night, everyday, every afternoon, and it's so true. Bio6! is a mess. Bio6! is a waste. Bio6! is a big, fat mess.

The only saving grace of 6 is the Mercenaries mode (and the L4D cross-over mode on PC). Everything else is forgettable. There's a reason a lot of fans consider it the weakest mainline entry.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2020, 03:52:48 PM by thisismyusername »

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
I'm hoping RE5 and RE6 go on Game Pass (the XB1 versions), would be down to play them again
fat

thisismyusername

>development led by M-Two (RE3 remake)

OH NO NO NO AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Learned my lesson with DEmake 3.

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
red works did 3, m two will be doing 4
pcp

thisismyusername

red works did 3, m two will be doing 4

https://bloody-disgusting.com/video-games/3611104/rumour-resident-evil-3-remake-co-developer-m-two-working-another-capcom-remake/

Co-developer my dude. Even then, anyone that lead 3's development is OH NO NO NO territory after how they butchered the scenario and shortened it considerably.

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
That could easily just have been Capcom limiting them though.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
This game is pretty awesome so far.
Jill getting mouth molested by tentacle bugs, who's fetish at Cacpcom is that  :lol

A Resident Evil 4 remake in this engine is not something you haters are going to take away from me  :bolo
🤴

mormapope

• WHADDYA HEAR, WHADDYA SAY
There's tons of reasons why different RE fans enjoy each RE game. I've been enjoying RE3 Remake a lot, I love the breakneck pacing, one and done encounter and area design, the characterization and writing, the design of this game overall is incredibly tight and lean.

If you're a diehard classic RE fan, I can understand the disappointment with RE3 Remake, but in general, RE3 Remake does not fail at what it sets out to do design wise.

It's the tightest and leanest action RE game at this point. No fat, no filler, experimentation is quick and nothing drags on at all. The pacing resembles a bullet train. Which, in classic RE is the case if you have the game memorized from top to bottom. It takes a while to get to that level too. RE3 Remake has fast pacing regardless of how knowledgeable you are of encounters ahead and area design.

I have no doubt RE8 is going to be survival horror in gameplay and mechanics, exploration, ect. I love what RE3 Remake is, and would love to see what RE4 would be like if given this same treatment.
OH!

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
That's what I love about it too, it is a direct sequel to RE2 but it feels very different in its approach.

To be honest, if it started slower just like RE2 I would've probably felt like I had played it before so for me the faster pace works.
Still, I never played much of the original RE3 but I see these remakes as their own thing, more of a re-imagining of sorts.

With RE4 this style of gameplay was introduced, so I'm not sure how much they'd need to adapt the scenario and locales like they to had to for RE2/RE3.
Maybe streamline some of the slower and repeating bits halfway through.
But outside of the final area of the game which was slightly undercooked the original RE4 is pretty much perfectly executed.
🤴

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1249350359279075334

Welp

Feels completely unnecessary, but not going to complain if it ends up playing the same but with better visuals and whatnot.  RE4 and RE5 game play are my favorite styles in this series.

LOL at them just skipping CV outright.  :lol
ど助平

Tasty

Hmmm I'm actually not ready for a new Leon actor for RE4. How he looks is perfect IMO. As in, cannot be improved.

I loved his RE2make cool young dude self but RE4... can't imagine a different face mowing down ganados.

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
Dino Crisis remake would've been the better choice.
I really hope this is just "insiders" wanking themselves off because of no E3, especially since that HD texture Pack is almost done.
I mean RE4's graphics are nice enough already, it's not like it'd be a massive jump.

Bebpo

Oh man, I’d kill for a Dino Crisis remake with the visual fidelity of RE2/RE3.

Tasty

Imagine if Capcom got Platinum and Tango to co-develop RE4make oh my God I'm cumming

thisismyusername

Dino Crisis remake would've been the better choice.
I really hope this is just "insiders" wanking themselves off because of no E3, especially since that HD texture Pack is almost done.
I mean RE4's graphics are nice enough already, it's not like it'd be a massive jump.

Capcom cutting the knees off of the HD project would be hilarious, but also unnecessary. Just pay the men and release that on consoles. There's your "remake."

"but muh tank controls are aw--" *slaps the shit out of zoomers like Andy*

Bebpo

I wonder if animal rights groups would be upset about murdering the fuck out of velociraptors with a machine gun and rocket launcher these days.

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
I imagine the regulars'll be more upset with this.

:exxy

thisismyusername

We didn't even get that in the DEmake.  :rage

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
I imagine the regulars'll be more upset with this.

:exxy
Implying they'd keep that (objectively awful) costume.  :teehee

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
where to pre-order for classic costume?  ???
🤴

Raist

It's quite amazing how, after giving us RE7 and RE2R, Capcom decided to go the "side project for a couple of interns" route with RE3R.

It's utter garbage.

Rahxephon91

edited
« Last Edit: April 15, 2020, 12:58:31 PM by Rahxephon91 »

Raist

I mean they still turned out a really fun game with RE3R so I don't think it matters.

Did I stutter when I said it's utter garbage?