Author Topic: Xbox Series S and X  (Read 84080 times)

Svejk

Re: Xbox Series S and X
« Reply #900 on: October 15, 2020, 01:41:14 PM »
And I agree with Riotous, every time I want to play CONTROL on my 4k TV the set-up is more difficult than booting up VR even.
Switching sound devices, switching screens, resetting resolutions, syncing controllers and very poor HDR implementation in Windows overall.
And when you are finally playing you forgot to turn off your gazillion chat notifications  ::)

The entire process is just cumbersome and not as easy and carefree as console gaming.
Right now Switch is the smoothest for me, followed by the Xbox One X.
I agree about PC gaming no doubt.  I still do it, but it is a hassle for me, as I need couch gaming to relax; instant gratification... Sitting to game where I work all day, everyday, feels like one of those "you don't eat where you shit" situations. That's just me.

Other than that, the launch lineup for boner looks just as mediocre as PS5.  It is what it is. I'm just glad there's something still coming and options still available.  And for all of us who have already made up their mind which they prefer and will defend it (and point and laugh at the opposition), we at least all have so many more games to play than ever.  BC, 5 year ports, to remade "new" IPs... We have plenty to go around.   :rejoice

« Last Edit: October 15, 2020, 01:50:49 PM by Svejk »

mormapope

• WHADDYA HEAR, WHADDYA SAY
« Reply #901 on: October 15, 2020, 02:14:37 PM »
Heat and sound tests
https://tweakers.net/reviews/8252/3/xbox-series-x-onze-eerste-indrukken-en-tests-meten-is-weten.html

Different tester measured the console at 49 degrees celsius for Dirt 5.

So it runs cooler than the One X and with a cross gen game, sounds maybe a lil bit louder than the One X.

OH!

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #902 on: October 15, 2020, 02:15:34 PM »
I hated fucking around with drivers, I haven’t gamed on a pc since 2013 or so, it’s a lot easier to just slap a disc in the box and let it install and I’m good to go.

drivers rlly
What

BisMarckie

« Reply #903 on: October 15, 2020, 03:10:54 PM »
Says the guy who has an aneurysm every time a game isn’t released on his preferred store. :girlaff

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #904 on: October 15, 2020, 03:11:45 PM »
I hated fucking around with drivers, I haven’t gamed on a pc since 2013 or so, it’s a lot easier to just slap a disc in the box and let it install and I’m good to go.

drivers rlly

rlly

Windows 10 Issues

[World of Warcraft Shadowlands]: When run at frame rates greater than 60 FPS with high display settings, moving characters display minute twitching/stuttering. [200647563]
[Sunset Overdrive]: The game may display random green corruption if Depth of Field is enabled from in-game settings. [2750770]
[Call of Duty - Warzone]: Freestyle does not work. (200593020)
[Forza Motorsport 7]: The curb may display a black strip during a race on certain tracks. [2781776]
[Fortnite]: Blue-screen crash occurs pointing to nvlddmkm.sys when playing the game at 4K resolution. [200645328]
To work around, set the resolution to lower than 4k.
[Zombie Army: Dead War 4][Ansel/Freestyle]: The Ansel & Freestyle tabs are unselectable. [2810884]
You may encounter issues installing the NVIDIA Control Panel from the Windows Store.
[YouTube]: Video playback stutters while scrolling down the YouTube page. [3129705]
[G-SYNC]: With G-SYNC enabled on some Freesync displays, half of the screen goes black. [3133895]
[GeForce RTX 3080/3090]: Samsung G9 49" display goes black at 240 Hz. [3129363]
[Notebook][H-Clone]: With the integrated graphics processor as the clone source, display settings cannot be changed from the NVIDIA Control Panel. [200594188]
[Notebook]: Some Pascal-based notebooks w/ high refresh rate displays may randomly drop to 60Hz during gameplay. [3009452]
🤴

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #905 on: October 15, 2020, 03:14:33 PM »
Says the guy who has an aneurysm every time a game isn’t released on his preferred store. :girlaff

I mean, I don't have a preferred store?

I just hate forced exclusivity. That's a pretty big difference.
What

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #906 on: October 15, 2020, 03:15:19 PM »

drivers rlly

rlly

Windows 10 Issues

[World of Warcraft Shadowlands]: When run at frame rates greater than 60 FPS with high display settings, moving characters display minute twitching/stuttering. [200647563]
[Sunset Overdrive]: The game may display random green corruption if Depth of Field is enabled from in-game settings. [2750770]
[Forza Motorsport 7]: The curb may display a black strip during a race on certain tracks. [2781776]
[Fortnite]: Blue-screen crash occurs pointing to nvlddmkm.sys when playing the game at 4K resolution. [200645328]
[Zombie Army: Dead War 4][Ansel/Freestyle]: The Ansel & Freestyle tabs are unselectable. [2810884]
You may encounter issues installing the NVIDIA Control Panel from the Windows Store.
[YouTube]: Video playback stutters while scrolling down the YouTube page. [3129705]
[G-SYNC]: With G-SYNC enabled on some Freesync displays, half of the screen goes black. [3133895]
[Notebook][H-Clone]: With the integrated graphics processor as the clone source, display settings cannot be changed from the NVIDIA Control Panel. [200594188]
[Notebook]: Some Pascal-based notebooks w/ high refresh rate displays may randomly drop to 60Hz during gameplay. [3009452]

What is this nonsense even  ???
What

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #907 on: October 15, 2020, 03:18:05 PM »

drivers rlly

rlly

Windows 10 Issues

What is this nonsense even  ???
The latest release notes with known issues for Nvidia's Drivers  :trumps, the company that does them well.
🤴

Rahxephon91

« Reply #908 on: October 15, 2020, 05:21:00 PM »
Other then the occasional bad port. For the past 3-4 years or so since I dipped into PC gaming. Playing at a typical desktop has been a very smooth experience.

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #909 on: October 15, 2020, 11:45:57 PM »
:nope pc gamers

:ohyeah console chads
(ice)

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #910 on: October 16, 2020, 08:23:33 AM »

So do you hate how Mario is only on Nintendo and Halo is only on Microsoft platforms?   :doge

Even when they sell Ubisoft games on other storefronts, you still need Uplay to play those games.  You need EA Origin for their games.  Blizzard.net for their titles and CoD.  I don't see what the difference is-  Epic is just another storefront, and they give away games bullshit-free, too.
ど助平

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #911 on: October 16, 2020, 09:11:17 AM »
Mario is only on Nintendo platforms because all other platforms do not offer the same magical experience and seamless hardware-software integration  :snob

HALO is only on Microsoft Xbox PC because 343 can't even make it run on one platform :heyman
🤴

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #912 on: October 16, 2020, 12:26:38 PM »

So do you hate how Mario is only on Nintendo and Halo is only on Microsoft platforms?   :doge

Even when they sell Ubisoft games on other storefronts, you still need Uplay to play those games.  You need EA Origin for their games.  Blizzard.net for their titles and CoD.  I don't see what the difference is-  Epic is just another storefront, and they give away games bullshit-free, too.

Oh come on bork, stop with the fucking bullshit.

Fucking nonsense what you are writing here. If you dont understand the difference, you're blind or stupid.

Even when they sell Ubisoft games on other storefronts, you still need Uplay to play those games.  You need EA Origin for their games.  Blizzard.net for their titles and CoD.

Publishers selling their games on other stores, but still needing their own clients is annoying and stupid as fuck. There isn't a single PC gamer who will tell you they rejoice about this.

Publishers locking PC games behind ONE storefront is pushing console like exclusivity bullshit to PC. If you really don't understand why I'd rather have more options than less, then I dont know what to tell you.

Either you are trolling or just being obtuse on purpose.

Dont get me started on this bullshit on a fucking friday night when my weekend has just begun man. Some disengeniuous bullshit you just wrote, and you probably know this yourself.
What

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #913 on: October 16, 2020, 12:33:00 PM »
 :doge you just made a rookie error there
(ice)

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #914 on: October 16, 2020, 12:37:26 PM »

me resisting the urge not to get my troll on
(ice)

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #915 on: October 16, 2020, 12:38:21 PM »
Im sorry boys I cannot take such bullshit on a friday night after a long days work, if he was trolling he did a good job, cant imagine bork being this obtuse
What

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #916 on: October 16, 2020, 12:38:56 PM »
Anyway, they are giving away Xbox Series X in Poland if you buy a new LG TV :doge
What

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #917 on: November 01, 2020, 09:57:42 AM »
I didn't see those mmarsu replies until just now  :lol  No, that wasn't a troll- but if you got that triggered by it, don't worry about it.

ど助平

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #918 on: November 02, 2020, 11:44:58 PM »
Bought a whole year of gamepass foe 120 euro online.

Not a bad deal!

Nuitangg

« Reply #919 on: November 03, 2020, 10:18:23 AM »
With Microsoft points I'll probably never have to pay for Gamepass again.

Beezy

« Reply #920 on: November 03, 2020, 01:10:22 PM »
Is there a way to game this system?

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #921 on: November 03, 2020, 01:24:43 PM »
Fuuu i waited too long now the X is sold out just S available.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #922 on: November 03, 2020, 01:28:02 PM »
Is there a way to game this system?

Have multiple accounts but if you get caught you're going to naughty jail. Otherwise there is no gaming, just be dedicated and farm those points on PC/Mobile/Xbox as they come up

I casually do the quests on Xbox as they come up and I have enough for a $50 gift card (or less if I wanted to). If you're dedicated you can save up for monthly GPU codes pretty easy I think
fat

kingv

« Reply #923 on: November 03, 2020, 02:08:00 PM »
Microsoft rewards can be fairly generous if you are dedicated. But it can be a big time sink to remember to do all the stuff.

Biggest thing imo is to use bing on your phone. That’s where most of my points come from personally.

Topic change:

Is anyone getting a new tv for series x? I’m thinking of picking one up since I’m on 1080P today. Thinking of a tcl series 6 or a vizio M series.

naff

• someday you feed on a tree frog
« Reply #924 on: November 03, 2020, 03:00:44 PM »
Biggest thing imo is to use bing on your phone.

:lol
◕‿◕

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #925 on: November 03, 2020, 03:18:52 PM »
Microsoft rewards can be fairly generous if you are dedicated. But it can be a big time sink to remember to do all the stuff.

Biggest thing imo is to use bing on your phone. That’s where most of my points come from personally.

Topic change:

Is anyone getting a new tv for series x? I’m thinking of picking one up since I’m on 1080P today. Thinking of a tcl series 6 or a vizio M series.

I just do my searches while doing my daily login shit for warframe and eso, I search 1-20 on bing and 1-34 on edge set to desktop mode.  Takes ~5 minutes per day to do that and the daily set.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #926 on: November 03, 2020, 05:55:08 PM »

Might be worth waiting to see if cheaper TVs with HDMI 2.1 come out next year.
ど助平

naff

• someday you feed on a tree frog
« Reply #927 on: November 03, 2020, 07:01:48 PM »
2020 tcl 6-series does sound pretty great. mini-led sounds like it works well and they support VRR and 120hz despite not fully supporting the hdmi 2.1 spec.
◕‿◕

nudemacusers

« Reply #928 on: November 03, 2020, 07:04:56 PM »
Biggest thing imo is to use bing on your phone.

:lol
would rather pay MS for gamepass tbh :donot
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #929 on: November 03, 2020, 10:42:50 PM »
I like my bing results better than Google.

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #930 on: November 04, 2020, 12:01:22 AM »
If you like bing install Ecosia as your browser, for every 45 searches they will plant a tree.

kingv

« Reply #931 on: November 04, 2020, 02:04:54 AM »
2020 tcl 6-series does sound pretty great. mini-led sounds like it works well and they support VRR and 120hz despite not fully supporting the hdmi 2.1 spec.

My only hesitation with VRR is that it kind of has that free sync problem where most of the sets seem like it only works in a fairly narrow band of like 48hz to 60hz.

But the TCL 6 is what I think I’m going for. This is made sweeter by the fact my pops said he’d split the cost with me for my Xmas present.

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #932 on: November 04, 2020, 05:07:33 AM »
If you want all features to work properly for the new consoles the best bet is just to wait for next years models. Not even the LG CX which is said to be the best for gaming doesn't fully support all features.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #933 on: November 04, 2020, 07:37:52 PM »
According to an anonymous poster on Reddit, the Xbox Series S is only packing 364GB usable space for games and apps.
:heh
🤴

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #934 on: November 04, 2020, 07:46:58 PM »
According to an anonymous poster on Reddit, the Xbox Series S is only packing 364GB usable space for games and apps.
"Hello, my name is Freddy Francesco.
I have enough drive space to store one game with a Day1 patch.
...Do you?"
                                                                             :success

remy

• my hog is small but it is mighty
« Reply #935 on: November 04, 2020, 08:36:22 PM »

ooft

that sucks. I bumped against 1.5tb on my laptop and i dont even have that many games installed.

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #936 on: November 04, 2020, 10:54:49 PM »
Should bw more then enough for 1080p assets

PS5 on the other hand...

Rahxephon91

« Reply #937 on: November 05, 2020, 03:28:06 AM »
364GB is incredibly low in a world were the rumors are something like Cold War is 100+ Gigs. Storage is one my concerns in general with both consoles.  But hopefully as we go on storage solution prices continue to go down.

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #938 on: November 05, 2020, 05:08:15 AM »
Shame they shrunk it down from the 250GB that was reported at first.

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #939 on: November 05, 2020, 07:12:53 AM »
Pulled the trigger on the Series X. I won't get it till Xmass cause I took to long deciding what to get.

Maybe there will be some cancellations, who knows!

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #940 on: November 05, 2020, 08:29:58 AM »
I'm just gonna wait for a console package that includes Halo Infinite

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #941 on: November 05, 2020, 09:37:44 AM »
Lol why
What

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #942 on: November 05, 2020, 10:04:51 AM »
I'm still holding out hope that the MP isn't shit (it probably will be, and then I won't bother buying it).

Not really sure what i'd need an xbox for. Fallout 5? Next Psychonauts? I'll just steal that shit

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #943 on: November 05, 2020, 12:36:47 PM »
I'm still holding out hope that the MP isn't shit (it probably will be, and then I won't bother buying it).

Not really sure what i'd need an xbox for. Fallout 5? Next Psychonauts? I'll just steal that shit

:titus
(ice)

kingv

« Reply #944 on: November 05, 2020, 02:24:22 PM »
364GB is incredibly low in a world were the rumors are something like Cold War is 100+ Gigs. Storage is one my concerns in general with both consoles.  But hopefully as we go on storage solution prices continue to go down.

I think there will be some pressure this gen for devs to shrink their games.

Like warframe they recently shrunk it by like 50%

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #945 on: November 05, 2020, 04:39:25 PM »
for real and make the patches more reasonable, nba2k21 dropped a fucking 22 gig patch on xbox yesterday (i think it was 15 or so on ps4).

all they added was swapping the nike logo for the jordan logo to the away jerseys and a few updated faces from what i could tell, which shouldnt be almost 1/3 of the overall file size :rage
(ice)

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #946 on: November 06, 2020, 07:39:42 AM »
ど助平

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #947 on: November 06, 2020, 10:23:56 AM »
Breeders  :-X
fat

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #948 on: November 06, 2020, 10:37:05 AM »
Breeders  :-X

Dont you want a little demi running around and unlocking achievements left and right

you can teach him to be a achievement hunter like his daddy
What

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #949 on: November 07, 2020, 01:40:33 AM »
https://twitter.com/Walmart/status/1324431758901846028

:tocry

Is that guy in the ad supposed to remind me of me? I didn't have a baby when I bought my xbox 360 lol

Sho Nuff

• o/~ TOUCH ME AND I'LL BREAK YOUR FACE o/~
« Reply #950 on: November 08, 2020, 04:46:34 AM »
So my XSX is arriving Tuesday (maybe) if Amazon Japan doesn’t poop the bed, which it very may will, what games that ran like doodoo on Xbone are gonna be real fuckin good on this new refrigerator-sized beast?

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #951 on: November 08, 2020, 04:54:29 AM »
I imagine all the Xbox exclusi... pfffft HAHAHAHAAHAHAA.

(It runs GTA4 at 60 fps now.)

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #952 on: November 08, 2020, 05:30:09 AM »
Does it really run gta 4 at 60fps?? 😱😱😱
What

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #953 on: November 08, 2020, 05:36:45 AM »
Richard Leadbetter revealed GTA IV ran complete locked 60 frames per second without a single frame-drop anywhere to be seen from his analysis video. Richard also reveals the game takes advantage of the new auto-HDR technology as well.

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #954 on: November 08, 2020, 05:40:04 AM »
So my XSX is arriving Tuesday (maybe) if Amazon Japan doesn’t poop the bed, which it very may will, what games that ran like doodoo on Xbone are gonna be real fuckin good on this new refrigerator-sized beast?

Probably any Ubisoft game that came out in the last 6 years. I think only Far Cry 4 and AC: Black Flag had a locked framerate but those were ports from the previous gen. Also some first party stuff got an upgrade like Gears 5, Ori, Forza Horizon 4, etc but they had at least decent performance on the xbone. Other games with notable boosts to visual detail are Ark: Survival Evolved and No Mans Sky with Witcher 3 having a patch planned for sometime in the future but it's CDPR so who knows when that is.

Personally, I've been saving RDR2 because those load times can be proper dookie.

I dunno, are you looking for a game that is basically the same but with smoothed out performance/4K resolution or do you mean the games that the developers went back and jacked up the details? It looks like the only ones getting an upgrade from the developers are games that still have an active player base.

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #955 on: November 08, 2020, 05:42:22 AM »
Seen a video where the loading time from RDR2 was cut from 1 minute 40 to just 40 seconds.

Sho Nuff

• o/~ TOUCH ME AND I'LL BREAK YOUR FACE o/~
« Reply #956 on: November 08, 2020, 08:54:46 PM »

Probably any Ubisoft game that came out in the last 6 years. I think only Far Cry 4 and AC: Black Flag had a locked framerate but those were ports from the previous gen. Also some first party stuff got an upgrade like Gears 5, Ori, Forza Horizon 4, etc but they had at least decent performance on the xbone. Other games with notable boosts to visual detail are Ark: Survival Evolved and No Mans Sky with Witcher 3 having a patch planned for sometime in the future but it's CDPR so who knows when that is.

Personally, I've been saving RDR2 because those load times can be proper dookie.

I dunno, are you looking for a game that is basically the same but with smoothed out performance/4K resolution or do you mean the games that the developers went back and jacked up the details? It looks like the only ones getting an upgrade from the developers are games that still have an active player base.

The former. I feel like there are a bunch I missed out on

BisMarckie

« Reply #957 on: November 09, 2020, 08:53:23 AM »
Got my Xbox Series X today, just have to pick up the package later today.  I am already living that next gen life brehs :vr

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #958 on: November 09, 2020, 10:15:37 AM »
There was one store left that hadn't taken pre-orders and they started today.
Again instantly sold out.
🤴

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #959 on: November 09, 2020, 10:55:47 AM »
I think I'm not getting mine until a couple weeks out since I picked bum ass free shipping on Amazon

rip
fat