Author Topic: Corona Thread |OT| Nu variant, who dis?  (Read 1059507 times)

team filler

• filler
  • filler
Re: Corona virus megathread |OT|
« Reply #180 on: February 01, 2020, 09:43:33 PM »
 :lol

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #181 on: February 01, 2020, 09:44:18 PM »
My doctor is wrong on like 50% of the shit he tells me and wrong on his prescriptions a bunch. Why would I take his advice on a flu shot? If they want me to be doing elective shit they have to have better than witch doctor success rates on real shit.
serge

TEEEPO

• hi, i suck
« Reply #182 on: February 01, 2020, 09:44:46 PM »
i still get the shot :dice

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #183 on: February 01, 2020, 09:50:46 PM »
yea, the flu shot are highly ineffective. if i remember correctly, they average at around 30-40% effectiveness and are nearly worthless late in the season.

though, speaking on china, only 2% of its population gets the flu shot and yet somehow, they have some of the lowest rates of infection, let alone deaths in the entire world. the point is, centralized governments get shit done and to always trust their methodology in controlling and reporting data. also shark fin soup

https://www.caixinglobal.com/2019-02-21/why-arent-people-in-china-dying-of-the-flu-101382286.html (google the title to bypass the paywall)

no one died of the flu komrade, just a minor uptick in kulaks getting their due  :cop

TVC15

« Reply #184 on: February 01, 2020, 10:06:00 PM »
I basically use my doctor as a sentient prescription pad now. You have to be very clear and give them direct instructions on what’s on your shopping list. I don’t know what the american health care system does to them but you really can’t let them direct themselves anymore. Maybe standards are just that low.
serge

mormapope

• WHADDYA HEAR, WHADDYA SAY
« Reply #185 on: February 01, 2020, 10:15:43 PM »
Still saying if you haven’t gotten a flu shot and post about this, kindly fuck off

:lol @ you being the only actual physician on the forum and getting mugged off by everyone :mjcry :dead

OH!

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #186 on: February 01, 2020, 11:07:13 PM »
Still saying if you haven’t gotten a flu shot and post about this, kindly fuck off

:lol @ you being the only actual physician on the forum and getting mugged off by everyone :mjcry :dead

I mean unless you're a child or old, it's a scam, tbh. :yeshrug

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #187 on: February 01, 2020, 11:10:07 PM »
An individual in their 20s in Boston has it. Prior to this the closest cases to the northeastern US were in Ontario and Illinois.
Hi

TEEEPO

• hi, i suck
« Reply #188 on: February 01, 2020, 11:33:39 PM »

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #189 on: February 02, 2020, 12:01:15 AM »

I mean unless you're a child or old, it's a scam, tbh. :yeshrug

free around these parts  8)

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #190 on: February 02, 2020, 12:27:44 AM »
Haven't been following this closely. Are we already dead yet?
Spud

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #191 on: February 02, 2020, 01:01:23 AM »
no flu shot for me. i got enough autism as is :hmph

Himu

« Reply #192 on: February 02, 2020, 01:03:23 AM »
Huff are flu shots at pharmacy's like CVS safe
IYKYK

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #193 on: February 02, 2020, 01:04:45 AM »
not to break kayfabe too much but i do get one every year cause it's free on insurance

Himu

« Reply #194 on: February 02, 2020, 01:07:13 AM »
DON'T BREAK KAYFABE. :maf It's real to me :tocry
IYKYK

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #195 on: February 02, 2020, 01:19:20 AM »
learn the facts, never vax :rollsafe

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #196 on: February 02, 2020, 01:21:20 AM »
no flu shot for me. i got enough autism as is :hmph

I've been getting them the past few years.
Always wait a few weeks though just in case CERN sabotaged the vaccinations.  :hmph

TVC15

« Reply #197 on: February 02, 2020, 02:13:54 AM »
My last word on flu vaccines: they find doctors to vouch for Nugenix, too. Don’t be a sucker.
serge

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #198 on: February 02, 2020, 05:29:46 AM »
I hope the baby shark kids get the virus. That damn song...

Leadbelly

« Reply #199 on: February 02, 2020, 07:12:01 AM »
i used nih/cdc as my source:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16494711?dopt=Abstract
https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/eid/article/12/1/05-0979_article

This makes no sense, probably a typo. The article itself states that about 500 million people were infected and that about 50 million to 100 hundred million died. Basic math says that's a case fatality rate of 10-20%. 2,5% might be the global risk for any person living at that time on earth.

See this blog article

https://rybicki.blog/2018/04/11/1918-influenza-pandemic-case-fatality-rate/

So yeah, the coronoavirus as of today has a case fatality of 2,1%, a factor of 5 to 10 lower than the spanish flu.

Just a little bit more information people might be interested in.

While estimates of case-fatality (CF) rates for past influenza pandemics have ranged from about 0.1% (1957 and 1968 pandemics) to 20% (1918 pandemic); the official World Health Organization estimate for the current outbreak of H5N1 avian influenza to date is around 60%. While the real H5N1 CF rate (what it would be if we had perfect knowledge) could be lower (one study suggests that the real H5N1 CF rate is closer to 14–33%);

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_mortality_from_H5N1

Huff

• stronger ties you have, more power you gain
« Reply #200 on: February 02, 2020, 12:14:30 PM »

Ha doesn’t matter to me what morons here think

But just had a 6 yo die of the flu last week. Bad death too. 60k a year in the us die from the flu. People are dumb, get the flu shot, worry about the corona virus when it’s something to worry about
dur

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #201 on: February 02, 2020, 12:22:44 PM »
307 now dead, I imagine trans is now trying to wipe the spot of blood of his hand like Macbeth.

Boredfrom

« Reply #202 on: February 02, 2020, 01:37:33 PM »
I fucking hate my government:

.  U.S. ride-hailing application Uber Technologies Inc. said on Saturday that it suspended 240 accounts of users in Mexico who may recently have come in contact with someone possibly infected with the new coronavirus.

A day later the government actually confirmed that it was indeed a confirmed infected (that is now in Los Angeles, where he was diagnosed).

Mexican state news agency Notimex reported on Saturday that 18 of the 52 Mexican students who are studying in China had returned. Notimex did not specify whether the students are in quarantine.

They were not.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-china-health-mexico/uber-suspends-240-accounts-in-mexico-to-prevent-coronavirus-spreading-idUSKBN1ZW003

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #203 on: February 02, 2020, 02:02:34 PM »
307 now dead, I imagine trans is now trying to wipe the spot of blood of his hand like Macbeth.

I bet it won't even reach qua- I mean quintuple digits

TVC15

« Reply #204 on: February 02, 2020, 02:11:19 PM »
Fuck, am I going to have to avoid Uber? I use it every day :( I’m going to be pissed if tourists and travelers fuck up my work plans for this half.
serge

Ghoul

« Reply #205 on: February 02, 2020, 02:25:53 PM »

I bet it won't even reach qua- I mean quintuple digits

Ok hitler, from what I’ve seen a lot of people are infected they’re saying a week ago it was about 100k so I don’t see the death toll being low at all.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #206 on: February 02, 2020, 02:29:58 PM »
But 2% mortality. Plus the cure is coming! Sars only killed 800, etc

TVC15

« Reply #207 on: February 02, 2020, 02:38:55 PM »
“Tourists and travelers” is an awfully broad demographic to add to my hate list. I hope this works out for them and I don’t get sick.
serge

Ghoul

« Reply #208 on: February 02, 2020, 02:40:49 PM »
But 2% mortality. Plus the cure is coming! Sars only killed 800, etc

The issue is *Alex Jones hat* SARS wasn’t man mad, the only way to stay safe is to eat brain pills he sells

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #209 on: February 02, 2020, 02:42:36 PM »
It’s finally my time to shine as a NEET. I knew never leaving my house would come in handy eventually.
©@©™

TVC15

« Reply #210 on: February 02, 2020, 03:49:05 PM »
I have to go to the hospital at least twice this month too and now it’s going to be filled with even more filthy people. Hospitals are probably the worst place to go in a situation like this if you aren’t already sick.
serge

TEEEPO

• hi, i suck
« Reply #211 on: February 02, 2020, 04:18:06 PM »
medical errors kill more than double the flu each year so you're prob fucked given that there is no where more dangerous in the world than a hospital

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #212 on: February 02, 2020, 04:19:52 PM »
The number of deaths due to "medical error" is misleading because those people who died during surgery very often would have died without the surgery.
每天生气

TEEEPO

• hi, i suck
« Reply #213 on: February 02, 2020, 04:20:52 PM »
are you some freshmen econ student?

shosta

« Reply #214 on: February 02, 2020, 04:32:08 PM »
Post your credentials so I can sweep you.
每天生气

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #215 on: February 02, 2020, 04:32:47 PM »
shosty is trying his best, please understand  :maf

TEEEPO

• hi, i suck
« Reply #216 on: February 02, 2020, 04:33:51 PM »
Post your credentials so I can sweep you.

get back to me when you finish econometrics

Himu

« Reply #217 on: February 02, 2020, 04:34:36 PM »

But just had a 6 yo die of the flu last week. Bad death too. 60k a year in the us die from the flu. People are dumb, get the flu shot, worry about the corona virus when it’s something to worry about

HUFF ARE FLU SHOTS AT PLACES LIKE CVS OR THE GROCERY STORE SAFE
IYKYK

shosta

« Reply #218 on: February 02, 2020, 04:37:10 PM »
Bro I'm just like :wtf when you post that "there is no where more dangerous in the world than a hospital" right after a bunch of people just got done laughing about getting vaccinated
每天生气

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #219 on: February 02, 2020, 04:37:42 PM »

why wouldn't they be  ???
the same shot is issued, the only thing to be concerned about is if the injector in charge doesn't follow basic sterilization and hygiene protocols or where to stab, which would be a per-branch problem

Himu

« Reply #220 on: February 02, 2020, 04:40:43 PM »

why wouldn't they be  ???
the same shot is issued, the only thing to be concerned about is if the injector in charge doesn't follow basic sterilization and hygiene protocols or where to stab, which would be a per-branch problem

because like 10 years ago I remember a story where a kid got a flu shot at the grocery store and ended up with a bad reaction because of the way they handled it or some shit i forgot
IYKYK

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #221 on: February 02, 2020, 04:42:40 PM »
yeah, if that was the case then it'd be a location problem with someone not knowing what they were doing
stick with doctors or pharmacists then from non-shifty locations if you are genuinely concerned, assuming shots are done similarly in the states

Himu

« Reply #222 on: February 02, 2020, 04:44:31 PM »
so the pharmacy is safe. Thanks!
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #223 on: February 02, 2020, 04:46:30 PM »
I don't know. I always get flu shots at doctors after that kid got that flu shot fuck up. That's a good question. It's just an irrational fear. I missed my flu shot last year. :stop
IYKYK

TEEEPO

• hi, i suck
« Reply #224 on: February 02, 2020, 04:52:22 PM »
Bro I'm just like :wtf when you post that "there is no where more dangerous in the world than a hospital" right after a bunch of people just got done laughing about getting vaccinated

bro, it's called being facetious

shosta

« Reply #225 on: February 02, 2020, 04:55:41 PM »
bro... you know I'm the densest person here sometimes... take pity...
每天生气

TVC15

« Reply #226 on: February 02, 2020, 05:07:08 PM »
Second case confirmed in Santa Clara county. I’m basically going to work in a petri dish tomorrow. I wonder if when the doc breaks the news to me, maybe that’s the moment I’ll find meaning in life. Fuck this world. Cover it in flames.
serge

TEEEPO

• hi, i suck
« Reply #227 on: February 02, 2020, 05:10:51 PM »
Second case confirmed in Santa Clara county. I’m basically going to work in a petri dish tomorrow. I wonder if when the doc breaks the news to me, maybe that’s the moment I’ll find meaning in life. Fuck this world. Cover it in flames.

music is always better after your heart is broken so i'm eager to hear how it sounds when laying on your deathbed attached to a breathing apparatus and none of your loved ones care. come to think of it, that's what inspired eno in recording discreet music

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #228 on: February 02, 2020, 05:18:07 PM »
Just had a look at that "OMG it's HIV" paper.

:rofl :rofl :rofl

What a farce.

It's been retracted.

Big pharma strikes again, I hope Molly is on the case :derp

TVC15

« Reply #229 on: February 02, 2020, 05:20:42 PM »

music is always better after your heart is broken so i'm eager to hear how it sounds when laying on your deathbed attached to a breathing apparatus and none of your loved ones care. come to think of it, that's what inspired eno in recording discreet music

Maybe after they tell me I have it, I’ll finally want to volunteer and help the elderly and coach youth sports at the Y. Maybe become a Big Brother. I hear there’s a homeless problem too. Maybe I’ll get some of those vaccinations you hear about sometimes.
serge

TEEEPO

• hi, i suck
« Reply #230 on: February 02, 2020, 05:23:58 PM »
even i wouldn't wish autism on you :'(

TVC15

« Reply #231 on: February 02, 2020, 06:09:57 PM »
I had to get a tetanus shot when I was 14 or 15 and I didn’t have the gay sex until after that either. But I thought about it an inordinate amount of the time
serge

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #232 on: February 02, 2020, 11:08:05 PM »
This really throws into perspective how overblown SARS was

:O

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #233 on: February 02, 2020, 11:11:29 PM »
the virgin sars vs the chad corona virus

Tuckers Law

« Reply #234 on: February 02, 2020, 11:12:07 PM »
Everyone in the greater Austin area, stay safe.
KABB Fox 29: UT Health Science Center officials have confirmed a case of coronavirus within the Austin and surrounding areas. Check for updates from local health officials: http://pbs.twimg.com/media/BG48ENgCEAAIDl9.jpg    

(News)

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Friend sent this to me during the Super Bowl
[close]

TEEEPO

• hi, i suck
« Reply #235 on: February 02, 2020, 11:15:00 PM »
sars wasn't overblown, it was just properly contained

and i'm not so sure of that chart because based on the testing limitations currently in place, there should be a well established inflection point as of now when using the official numbers

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #236 on: February 02, 2020, 11:18:11 PM »
the virgin sars vs the chad corona virus

SARS is a coronavirus :ufup

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #237 on: February 02, 2020, 11:19:15 PM »
corona-chan  :-[