Author Topic: Corona Thread |OT| Nu variant, who dis?  (Read 1089565 times)

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
Re: Corona Thread |OT| Warlords of Rona
« Reply #9960 on: July 05, 2020, 09:44:34 PM »
The mask wouldn’t cover the cost of the hospital bill in America.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #9961 on: July 05, 2020, 09:55:32 PM »

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night
« Reply #9962 on: July 06, 2020, 02:00:34 AM »

bluemax

« Reply #9963 on: July 06, 2020, 02:41:48 AM »
L.A. county trying to copy Japan's three C's.

https://twitter.com/lapublichealth/status/1279443162101096448
https://twitter.com/JPN_PMO/status/1244231002257383424

I drove around Venice this weekend, and while the sheer number of people was drastically down from a normal holiday weekend, every restaurant with an outdoor area to eat was absolutely packed with maybe 1 exception. I expect another explosion in the next two weeks.
NO

Oblivion

« Reply #9964 on: July 06, 2020, 05:39:44 AM »
https://7news.com.au/travel/coronavirus/coronavirus-is-airborne-say-239-scientists-in-a-letter-to-who-c-1145825

In an open letter to the World Health Organisation, 239 scientists from 32 countries have outlined evidence that coronavirus is airborne.

The scientists plan to publish their letter in a scientific journal in the coming months but extracts have already leaked to the New York Times and other media outlets.

The WHO has said that coronavirus is spread through respiratory droplets, expelled when infected people sneeze or exhale.
In their letter, the scientists outlined evidence that even smaller particles are infecting people.

The scientists say they think the virus can linger in the air for long periods and float for several metres, infecting anyone nearby.

I've been trying to convince myself to get out some and go to parks, but fuck all that. hibernation mode til at least 2021.

are you fucking kidding me? i was reading an article just yesterday that going outside in open spaces, away from people would be fairly safe. i was actually planning on taking a walk to my former uni, which i haven't done since february. :fbm

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #9965 on: July 06, 2020, 06:41:53 AM »
It is safe to be outside - except for outside in America since no place is safe there. 

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #9968 on: July 06, 2020, 10:58:19 AM »
Ontario 154+, 0 Deaths!!!

nudemacusers

« Reply #9969 on: July 06, 2020, 10:59:30 AM »
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Flannel Boy

• classic millennial sex pickle
  • Icon
« Reply #9970 on: July 06, 2020, 11:00:18 AM »
https://twitter.com/_MiguelHernan/status/1280085205705871361

Despite the high impact of COVID-19 in Spain, prevalence estimates remain low and are clearly insufficient to provide herd immunity. This cannot be achieved without accepting the collateral damage of many deaths in the susceptible population and overburdening of health systems. In this situation, social distance measures and efforts to identify and isolate new cases and their contacts are imperative for future epidemic control.

I think this put's Spain's IFR at around 1.2% (using official deaths only).

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #9971 on: July 06, 2020, 11:36:36 AM »
Even my boss is wearing a mask now, makes me wonder what happened over the weekend to change his mind

Tripon

« Reply #9972 on: July 06, 2020, 11:41:00 AM »
Now that Oregonians are required to wear masks in indoor public spaces to prevent the spread of the coronavirus, the state's workplace safety agency is preparing to handle enforcement.

Gov. Kate Brown ordered people to wear face coverings as COVID-19 cases continue to rise sharply in Oregon and elsewhere. She's warned that tighter restrictions on businesses could return if Oregonians don't take the mask requirement to heart.

Oregon Occupational Safety and Health, commonly called OSHA, is already busy investigating thousands of COVID-related complaints at Oregon workplaces.

Since early March, Oregonians have filed roughly 5,500 workplace complaints related to the pandemic. They have reported a variety of concerns, including worries about a lack of space between people and lack of protective gear like gloves.

OSHA officials had by early June already received some complaints about face coverings, including reports of employees not wearing face coverings at a furniture store and at a restaurant, according to spokesman Aaron Corvin.

https://www.statesmanjournal.com/story/news/politics/2020/07/06/oregon-coronavirus-cases-osha-enforce-gov-brown-face-mask-requirement/5363667002/

His bosses above him might have cracked down.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #9973 on: July 06, 2020, 11:52:45 AM »
Even my boss is wearing a mask now, makes me wonder what happened over the weekend to change his mind

You convincing your co-workers to do it and the implicit shame of not doing it. 

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #9974 on: July 06, 2020, 11:54:32 AM »

You convincing your co-workers to do it and the implicit shame of not doing it.

I can only hope. Dare me to call him a sheep now? :lol

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #9975 on: July 06, 2020, 11:55:57 AM »
Double dog or triple cat you.

Tripon

« Reply #9977 on: July 06, 2020, 12:55:48 PM »
https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1280165382494588928

Could also go in the world is burning thread

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #9978 on: July 06, 2020, 01:08:27 PM »
So I can't say much, but I will say that I did take covid numbers and cross sectioned them with political leanings from the last election. With the exception of San Fran and LA the cases per 100k rate compared to red county versus blue county now? Exactly what you'd think. Just sayin'
que

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
每天生气

Steve Contra

• Bought a lemon tree straight cash
« Reply #9980 on: July 06, 2020, 01:15:57 PM »
After fighting with her family for about a month over a giant family reunion she didn’t want to go to was told the whole thing was being cancelled because of the virus. These are people who up until a few days ago believed it to be basically the flu, refused to wear masks and mocked anyone taking it seriously. Seems folks are getting scared finally.
vin

Tripon

« Reply #9981 on: July 06, 2020, 01:30:45 PM »
https://twitter.com/markberman/status/1280125225271734277

These are contradictions. People aren't going to feel safe to do normal activities like work and send their children to school if they think are going to catch it.

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #9982 on: July 06, 2020, 02:05:14 PM »
has there been any news on any further stimulus or what exactly the plan is for August or is it still all speculation and/or changing the subject?

shosta

« Reply #9983 on: July 06, 2020, 02:07:20 PM »
according to rumor mills, Senate Rs are getting cold feet on spending more money
每天生气

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #9984 on: July 06, 2020, 02:11:27 PM »
"We think that people will learn to deal with the lack of leadership because fuck you."
©ZH

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.
« Reply #9985 on: July 06, 2020, 02:11:49 PM »
There really needs to be more emphasis on the long term complications from COVID, I think that will resonate with the under 60s much more since they DGAF about vulnerable olds and people with preexisting conditions.
___

shosta

« Reply #9986 on: July 06, 2020, 02:12:27 PM »
I mean "the drama will die down by itself" is a classic playbook move but I sincerely doubt it applies to mass casualty events where hundreds of people die everyday
每天生气

shosta

« Reply #9987 on: July 06, 2020, 02:19:40 PM »
There really needs to be more emphasis on the long term complications from COVID, I think that will resonate with the under 60s much more since they DGAF about vulnerable olds and people with preexisting conditions.
There should have been biweekly televised addresses to the nation between February and... I don't know, maybe March. Clear and unambiguous messaging from the White House filled with all the things people need to know in the first ten minutes and then extra information for those who want it in the next half hour. Here is who's at risk of death. Here is what a "mild" case of the virus looks like (bedridden pneumonia). Here is how to protect yourself and your neighbors. Here is the list of conditions that trigger a lockdown and the conditions that trigger a reopening. Instead what we got were daily jerk off sessions filled with misinformation and defensive posturing. It's so sad and pathetic.
每天生气

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #9988 on: July 06, 2020, 02:31:11 PM »
according to rumor mills, Senate Rs are getting cold feet on spending more money

yeah this is about all I have heard. to be somewhat fair they wanted to 'see where we'd be in July' :foodcourt but a lot of people's safety nets get cut in a few weeks as of now.

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #9990 on: July 06, 2020, 02:39:10 PM »
Congress is out of session until the 20th, so don’t hold your breath for more stimulus

Himu

« Reply #9991 on: July 06, 2020, 02:40:53 PM »
My sister has been sick for days, hasn't gotten better, I told her she needed to get a test before she's over here (where she has stored her shit) due to her at high risk grandmother or at home with our at high risk mom and she had already decided she was going to call her doc for a referral today. Our cousin's wife and kid are also sick and they also swear it's just a sinus thing. I also found out another cousin's wife had been very sick a few weeks back for 3-4 days and her work tested her a few days ago and she tested positive for antibodies. And he was just over here a couple of days ago

:beli

Don't let anyone not already in your home into your house! Not even family unless they've shown no sign of symptoms and have been quarantining.
IYKYK

Tripon

« Reply #9992 on: July 06, 2020, 04:00:35 PM »
https://twitter.com/bluskyz/status/1279896327892217856

---

https://twitter.com/ReporterClaudia/status/1280231144231825408

Over 7000 tested positive in L.A. County over the weekend as well. No word on Monday's numbers
« Last Edit: July 06, 2020, 04:05:25 PM by Tripon »

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #9993 on: July 06, 2020, 04:36:42 PM »
Um so my school announced online semester and an hour later ICE announced all international students are getting kicked out

https://www.ice.gov/doclib/sevis/pdf/bcm2007-01.pdf

:O

shosta

« Reply #9994 on: July 06, 2020, 04:38:51 PM »
this is probably going to be one of those historical events that sets the united states permanently behind other nations
每天生气

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #9995 on: July 06, 2020, 05:18:47 PM »
Got an email from my school today

As we prepare for the safe and gradual return to our campuses, the University of Toronto is taking several steps to protect our community and follow public health guidance.  Earlier this month, non-medical masks became mandatory for passengers on the TTC.  Recently, Toronto City Council approved a new temporary by-law that requires the wearing of a mask or other face covering within enclosed public spaces. Other municipalities in the Greater Toronto Area, including Peel Region have indicated their intention to enact similar rules.   

While the new City of Toronto by-law does not apply to post-secondary institutions, the University of Toronto is moving forward with a similar measure that individuals who are in a space in one of our buildings that is normally publicly accessible wear a non-medical mask or face covering. Such spaces may include hallways, lobbies, elevators, meeting rooms, and other common use facilities to which the public normally has access. Toronto’s Medical Officer of Health has advised that this practice is “a necessary, recognized, practical and effective method” to limit the spread of COVID-19 and help protect the safety and well-being of the community.  If there are material differences among any requirements that are put in place for University of Toronto Mississauga, members of the community there will be updated at that time.   

The new City of Toronto bylaw takes effect on July 7.  The new measures at U of T will take effect the same day.  U of T will follow the same definition as the City of Toronto by-law, which defines a mask or face covering as a “mask, balaclava, bandana, scarf, cloth or other similar item that covers the nose, mouth and chin without gapping.” The measures would also apply to visitors and contractors in U of T buildings. Relevant signage will be posted. 

As previously announced, all faculty, librarians, staff and students will receive two reusable, non-medical masks as part of their return to campus.
More information about the distribution of these masks will be provided.  Information about the use and care of your U of T non-medical mask can be found on the EHS website.   

The mock up image they sent made it look like they have the school logo on them and look high quality.  Probably not going to be that cool though. 

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #9996 on: July 06, 2020, 05:24:54 PM »
Does that apply to grad students?  If so I might finally get a paper into a conference if all the steller international students can't get work done and submit.  Thanks, ICE for pushing my mediocre ass to the top. 

james

« Reply #9997 on: July 06, 2020, 05:31:15 PM »
Does that apply to grad students?  If so I might finally get a paper into a conference if all the steller international students can't get work done and submit.  Thanks, ICE for pushing my mediocre ass to the top.

The conference was canceled due to Corona dumbass

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #9998 on: July 06, 2020, 05:40:32 PM »
All the conferences I know of went online this year.  Also, a lot are still planning on doing in-person ones in safe countries next year. 

james

« Reply #10000 on: July 06, 2020, 06:27:54 PM »
That's why I'm a top

:corona_rodney

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #10001 on: July 06, 2020, 07:05:37 PM »
were they hot?

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #10002 on: July 06, 2020, 07:26:45 PM »
https://twitter.com/tomphillipsin/status/1280263705998041088

Soon added to the list of things nobody will miss Jair Bolsonaro :idont
🤴

Tripon

BisMarckie

« Reply #10004 on: July 06, 2020, 07:39:53 PM »

I will miss that I know the name of Brazil's president without looking it up :trumps

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #10005 on: July 06, 2020, 08:01:41 PM »

james

« Reply #10006 on: July 06, 2020, 08:04:28 PM »
If Jair dies July is redeemed

curly

• cultural maoist
« Reply #10007 on: July 06, 2020, 08:09:13 PM »
Bolsonaro has been rumored to have covid like 5 times

Tripon

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #10009 on: July 06, 2020, 09:11:37 PM »
Pretty interesting that the last time that happend was Spanish Flu.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #10010 on: July 06, 2020, 10:25:29 PM »
Pretty interesting that the last time that happend was Spanish Flu.

I wonder what caused it then.
©@©™

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #10011 on: July 06, 2020, 10:40:37 PM »
China

bluemax

« Reply #10012 on: July 06, 2020, 10:47:38 PM »
https://sports.yahoo.com/dr-anthony-fauci-talks-covid-19-vaccine-timeline-will-one-arrive-in-time-for-football-season-021145789.html

Baseball, basketball, hockey and soccer all look less and less likely for NA, so I have little faith in football happening.
NO

Tripon

« Reply #10013 on: July 06, 2020, 10:59:43 PM »
https://sports.yahoo.com/dr-anthony-fauci-talks-covid-19-vaccine-timeline-will-one-arrive-in-time-for-football-season-021145789.html

Baseball, basketball, hockey and soccer all look less and less likely for NA, so I have little faith in football happening.

Better get ready to watch some Canadian Football League.

Oblivion

« Reply #10014 on: July 06, 2020, 11:48:10 PM »

didn't he already have the rona like twice already? :thinking

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #10015 on: July 07, 2020, 01:07:10 AM »

didn't he already have the rona like twice already? :thinking

You can apparently reget it, so... :yeshrug

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #10016 on: July 07, 2020, 01:10:56 AM »
no ragets  :angryjoe

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #10017 on: July 07, 2020, 01:19:30 AM »

Assy (PBUH) will miss him  :bolo
Margs

shosta

« Reply #10018 on: July 07, 2020, 01:20:15 AM »
That's assuming Assimilate is alive
每天生气